Verified Customer

Could probably find cheaper

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

1 BR apartment
The movers were friendly and on time
Some damage did occur.
I don’t like the fact that I had to pay an hours travel time for them to get to my site and to their next site, I don’t get paid to drive to my job?
Wouldn’t use again, wouldn’t recommend- based on price not labour.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review and for using our service. We do charge a travel charge to get to and from addresses on a job, and we try to be totally clear about this prior to confirming bookin... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer

As good as it gets...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I needed a fridge, washer and pot plant moved from my second floor apartment in Fitzroy (via stairs) to Eltham. Apart from a small dent on the fridge door I was really happy until I saw the invoice. Expecting it to be about $200 I was surprised it was over $400... I hadn’t received the email outlining the pricing. I spoke to someone at the office and after he reviewed the booking call he realized there had been an error at their end including the incorrect email address and a failure to divulge all the necessary information. We met half way on the price. The movers were super friendly but, overall my experience is just good.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks for your feedback Simon, and apologies that there were some issues during the booking process. I'm glad we were able make amends through a discount on the day of the job. Hopefully we'll hav... read more »

Hi I'm moving from Parkville to West Brunswick in Oct. It's a double storey 3 bedroom townhouse into a Cal bungalow. Settlement in Oct - what is the ball park cost?

Gen asked on Jul 24, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gen,

The best option is to make a quick list of what you need moved, then give our office a call on 94173443.

We've found some people in a three-bedroom home have twice as much to move as others, so speaking to you to get a feel for it would be necessary.

Our rates are available at https://manwithavan.com.au/how-much and include insurance, fully-trained staff, no surcharges and a carbon-offset truck.

Cheers,

Alex

Are these reviews for Sydney or just Melbourne?

Arna asked on May 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Arna,

We're a Melbourne-based service.

Thanks,