• 18 comments
  • 30 helpful votes
Private message

Poor after service and standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.

+ The actual staff who arrived were pleasant

- Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that ha... read more »

I have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "... read more »

Could probably find cheaper

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

1 BR apartment
The movers were friendly and on time
Some damage did occur.
I don’t like the fact that I had to pay an hours travel time for them to get to my site and to their next site, I don’t get paid to drive to my job?
Wouldn’t use again, wouldn’t recommend- based on price not labour.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review and for using our service. We do charge a travel charge to get to and from addresses on a job, and we try to be totally clear about this prior to confirming bookin... read more »

Verified Customer

Always so good and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

The team are always a delight to deal with and personable.
I have never been let down and the team are always helpful and courteous. A rarity!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Happy to help out again, Mel. Thanks for the review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Super fast and efficient!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

MWAV arrived bang on time, quickly planned out how to pack the 2x trucks effectively and got stuck straight into it, great stuff!

This was not a home that they were relocating, in was almost a whole restaurant!

We were quoted for 3.5hrs and they quickly completed the job in in 2hrs which was a massive bonus and $$$ saver for our business.

Will definitely be using them again!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Cheers Alan, glad we could get it done it good time for you.

Victoria

Verified Customer

Very efficient and careful removalists

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

2 bedroom apartment on the 2 level with narrow stairs. Moved about 10minutes drive away and they did it all within the 3hrs. Very efficient and careful with our stuff. Never complained even though the couches were massive! Would recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Cheers Matt.

Always reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

Will and Tristan were brilliant. Lots of fun, calm and highly professional in difficult circumstances. Lost count how many times I’ve used MWAV for moving. Every move has been made so much easier with them. And the guys are always lovely to deal with. Thank you!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks Andrea, that's really pleasing to hear. Glad it was another good move.

Verified Customer

Skilled, Professional and Freindly !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

The team I had today were outstanding! With tight turns and low bulkhead stairwells they negotiated 56 stairs across 3 levels and all sorts of furniture with ease. I underestimated how much furniture and boxes I had so was able to get a second van with short notice and equally as impressed with the second team. Friendly, professional and hard working all the way. Fantastic job from both the A team and B team !!!! Thank you so much again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Pleased to hear we could sort the move for you, Lou. Thanks for the kind words.

• 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Very poor - not what we expected.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Unfortunately the removalists they sent were arrogant and full of 'attitude'
Man with a Van under quoted the job - it ended up costing hundreds more (we've been reliably informed since that this is common with them to under quote customers)
And several items were damaged by them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Jack,

I'm very sorry to hear that this job didn't go well.

Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email managers@manwithavan.com.au with the details of your job, so I can look into it for you.

Regards, Alex (Manager)

No fuss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Office and personal move.
Short distance (10mins).
The move finished before the estimated time.
Efficient, friendly, competitive and they get the job done without any fuss.
And they only charged me for the time they took, which was less than i estimated.
Absolutely i'll use them again.

As good as it gets...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I needed a fridge, washer and pot plant moved from my second floor apartment in Fitzroy (via stairs) to Eltham. Apart from a small dent on the fridge door I was really happy until I saw the invoice. Expecting it to be about $200 I was surprised it was over $400... I hadn’t received the email outlining the pricing. I spoke to someone at the office and after he reviewed the booking call he realized there had been an error at their end including the incorrect email address and a failure to divulge all the necessary information. We met half way on the price. The movers were super friendly but, overall my experience is just good.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks for your feedback Simon, and apologies that there were some issues during the booking process. I'm glad we were able make amends through a discount on the day of the job. Hopefully we'll hav... read more »

Verified Customer

Better than most, but far from the best

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

These blokes are elite

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

Moved with these guys a few years ago and was really happy with them so used them again. John and James top couple of fellas, but also just super efficient. I thought they’d have dramas getting the fridge down the narrow stairs but they made it look easy!

Had to abide by some rules of the apartment building I’m in, didn’t carry on about them, just obliged and got the job done. Super happy. Cheers guys!

Comments
Man With A Van Official

This review is elite too, thanks Mav.

Verified Customer

Great guys and very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

Great job done .... really recommend this company. My move was managed by Christopher and Ben , they did a great job and we have fun too .
They help me to move a 2 bedrooms for a short distance, and everything was done in time!
Well done

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Really great to hear, thanks Damiano.

Easiest move!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Andy & Chris were amazing. They were early but gave me plenty of warning, they were even happy to wait if I wasn’t ready! The whole process was made easy!
As well as being super nice guys! Highly recommend

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Good news, thanks Emma.

Fantastic service from Jack & Dom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

We relocated a medium size truck full of various items with two drop offs. Pick-up was on time & Jack & Dom went beyond what was required of them. Great service.

Verified Customer

Awesome job - not their first rodeo!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Awesome job by the lads yesterday. Friendly, efficient and certainly knew what they were doing. Consulted with me where needed. Great job with some of the heavier items. Highly recommend!

Exceeded expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

In 35 degree heat our two guys moved the contents of our 3 bedroom home with enthusiasm and great spirits! Nothing was too much trouble. Couldn’t have asked for better service! Thank you!

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Sweaty work - glad we could keep the good vibe going. Thanks Kim

An excellent job. Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Moved a very large fridge, and all went very well, and the job completed on time and very professionally. Very happy to recommend.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks Russel

Exceptional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

My daughters move wasn't large, but it would have been time consuming for us parents. It was well worth the cost (not too expensive). The move was from Northcote to Melbourne and the job was completed in less than 2 hours. The removal staff arrived on time and were very professional.
Would highly recommend Man with A Van and we will most definitely be using their services again in the future

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks for the great review Simmo - glad we could get in done in good time.

Man with a Van are AWESOME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

The guys who helped us move yesterday were actually amazing. They made our move so stress free and smooth and even worked in 35 degree height without complaint. The guys were friendly and professional and did a great job. Would highly recommend them for your move!!

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Cheers Matthew