• 12 comments
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Poor after service and standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.

+ The actual staff who arrived were pleasant

- Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that ha... read more »

I have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "... read more »

• 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Very poor - not what we expected.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Unfortunately the removalists they sent were arrogant and full of 'attitude'
Man with a Van under quoted the job - it ended up costing hundreds more (we've been reliably informed since that this is common with them to under quote customers)
And several items were damaged by them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Jack,

I'm very sorry to hear that this job didn't go well.

Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email managers@manwithavan.com.au with the details of your job, so I can look into it for you.

Regards, Alex (Manager)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

No fuss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Office and personal move.
Short distance (10mins).
The move finished before the estimated time.
Efficient, friendly, competitive and they get the job done without any fuss.
And they only charged me for the time they took, which was less than i estimated.
Absolutely i'll use them again.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Better than most, but far from the best

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

5 Star Movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I will never use another mover. Professional and highly efficient. Hayden and Hugo impressed with their cheerful but careful handling of our belongings. They kept up their positivity even as they had to move the heavy things up a 30-degree slope from below ground each time. The job was done in the time estimated in the quotation, so no nasty surprises. I will definitely recommend Man With A Van to my friends.

Fantastic Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Man With a Van helped me with my move of a two bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment over a short distance. I found the service to be extremely efficient, friendly, courteous, communicative and professional. I was very pleased with the service and highly recommend this company.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Thank you so much for helping move a 3 bedroom house worth of furniture in a short time frame. These removalists were quick, effective and got the job done!

Verified Customer

“Great service” we got exactly what we asked for. Bonus point two perfectly mannened young men as we

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Coming down from Sydney I needed help with my daughters move and requested a quote from Man with a Van which was delivered and well explained. We were not moving a long distance and what was great this company wasted no time with the move and came in under the quote. I personally watched how they handled the furniture and I must say these lads knew exactly what they were doing. To finish I would highly recommend this company and best of all it allows me some time to enjoy good old Melbourne hospitality for the next few days.

Great team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Team did a great job today moving heaps of boxes and stuff, second home I have used them, really happy

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Genuine people who were efficient and effective!
Wonderful service! Would highly recommend using man with a van, a bit pricey yet worth it.

Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Moved out of a two bedroom apartment.... tricky job getting the couch down the stairs because it wouldn’t fit in the lift! The boys were obliging and very careful. Always looking for ways to avoid any damage. Highly recommended to all, made our lives heaps easier.
Came in under time = under budget. Thumbs up!

Amazing service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

I had to move apartments and the boys are efficient and helpful- even though I had some painful requests. Highly recommend!!!!

Verified Customer

No nonsense, efficient job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

Ron helped us with moving the big, heavy items during our move. He was polite and efficient, with a can-do attitude. Handled everything without breaking much of a sweat and absolutely no complaints. The job was finished as quoted, and we can't be happier about it. Thanks!

Verified Customer

Great guys, polite, consultative, and careful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

2 bed apartment, moved to a neighboring suburb, large truck, 2 guys. As the title says the guys were great, polite, consultative, and careful. My 14mo was also floating around and they were understanding and unphased which made for a more relaxed experience. I heard the guys discussing what was the safest approach which was great to hear! They secured everything well so our stuff transferred well. I’ll use them again and recommend to friends.

Verified Customer

Excellent service- Thanks Tom!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

Thanks to Tom for making my move run like clockwork- very attentive & respectful not only with my possessions, but to the apartments' surroundings. Moving is something we all dread, but thanks to the great service it made it so much easier.

Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

I moved from a house to an apartment with stairs and the 2 men were super efficient. They were on time and finished early, so it was under the estimated cost. They were very friendly as well. Would recommend to everyone moving.

Great job guys

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

The boys were right on time and took great care with my kitchen units and appliances. The kitchen was moved an hour and a half away and they delivered it and unpacked it under the estimated time. Extremely pleased

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

Very happy with the service I received! Excellent customer service & communication, on time, nice guys, accurate quote. Thanks legends !

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

A fantastic service from online query to final delievery. Quick to respond to my initial enquiry and delievered within 24hours. Easy payment system on delivery. Highly recommended.

Amazing service!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

I had 3 lovely young men help me move a big 4 bedroom house across town to a new place with stairs. I could not recommend them highly enough! They were not only strong, smart and efficient, they were unfailingly polite and a lot of fun to be around during a stressful day. When the hallway at the new house turned out to be too narrow to move furniture through and the back alleyway was too narrow for their truck, the boys simply carried everything down the lane way and into the house. It was all done so easily, quickly and without a hint of fuss. They are extremely well priced, work like crazy to fit in with the estimated time (even in the face of unexpected dramas) and quite frankly, not only would I highly recommend them, I would say anyone is crazy to move without them!!!

1 of 9 pages