Amazing and friendly men!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

The men that showed up were very friendly and did everything I requested which made it so easy to deal with. My furniture was locked up in the garage for some time and was very dusty. They had no issues with it at all. It was such an easy move. I highly recommend Man with a Van!

+ Reliable, easy to deal with, efficient

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Cheers Annie! We're not afraid of a little dust! :)

Service was Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

My in-laws used Man with a Van a couple years ago and found it very quick and easy way to relocate. The service was quick, the staff members who rocked up were on time and did the job in a timely matter. They didn't bludge which is good as I've heard a couple of other companys staff are lazy. Would highly recommend to anyone I know.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks Ross! :)

Best Move Ever Man With A Van Are Fantastic!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2013

I had a whole house of furniture and clutter to move and the guys from Man With A Van were more than excellent, They were Stupendous.
They called when they were on their way, and arrived with the most positive and professional attitudes. They moved all my furniture so carefully yet quickly, taking care with antiques and stacking boxes in the truck with space saving prowess.
They pushed through the final stages of little bits and pieces all over the place and stacked every single thing I own into the truck. With not enough room for my pot-plants they supplied an extra truck so it would all be done quickly and in one go.
Upon arrival at my new home they unpacked and took all items to their destined rooms, offering to move heavy furniture into it's final position before leaving, and did all this at high speed, saving me money. Not a single thing was damaged in this whole process, unlike the past DIY moves I've done.
I recommend Man With A Van: 100% BRILLIANT!
Also they laughed at all my bad jokes and didn't make me feel embarrassed about yucky things found beneath fridges.

+ experienced, careful, reassuring, professional, quick, budget-friendly.

Melbourne

• 12 comments
  • 28 helpful votes
Private message

Poor after service and standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.

+ The actual staff who arrived were pleasant

- Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that ha... read more »

I have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Better than most, but far from the best

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Easiest move I've ever had!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

My partner and I combined his house and my house into our new house. With Man With A Van's wonderful men we did it all in half a day and much cheaper than any other move I've had. Only move I've done where nothing at all was damaged! Men were so helpful, worked so hard and were so willing. Man With A Van is a lifesaver and I would highly recommend them. Lena & Adrian

Best movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

Moved a 1 bedroom apartment. Very fast and efficient, no belongings even at risk of being damaged. The moving men are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Easy move, great chaps

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

Rock solid service. I've moved several times with Man With a Van over the years, they really take the stress out of the whole process.

Verified Customer

Man With a Van always delivers excellence!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

‘Man with A Van’ deliver out sculptures, they are efficient & pleasant which is valuable to us in keeping our clients happy with a delivery that is prompt and efficient. Thanks you never let us down. Surrey Sculpture Studio

Verified Customer

Efficient, friendly and pleasant movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I've used Man with a Van twice now and they are still great. I was especially pleased with how quickly and efficiently they were able to dismantled my bed frame and reassemble it at the new address. Thanks guys!

Helpful and Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

We had to move furniture back into and within our apartment after work repairing a parquetry floor had been completed. The 2 men who attended were extremely efficient and very careful to avoid any damage to our home and possessions.
Man With A Van has always given us very good service but Nick and Tom were outstanding.
If you use this firm, from our experience, you can be confident that the service will be satisfactory and that there is a good chance that it will be excellent

Verified Customer

Have used Man with a Van for every move in last 10 years - just awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2016

We had a 3 bedroom place with a lot of clutter that we hadn't yet sorted out. Not a grumble from the boys even in 43 degree heat. Courteous, efficient, friendly and even gave my mum bandaids when she hurt herself. Love man with a van!!

Best Move Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I've moved apartments 5 times in the last 7 years. This is the third time I've used "the Man" and it was the best move yet. The men knew what they were doing, were efficient and or course, friendly and engaging. Completed the job early, even though we were held up at our destination. Great job all round.

Verified Customer

The last word in hassle free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

My move had a couple of large items (ie queen mattress) but also a lot of loose things not easily boxed.

Man With A Van were easy to book over the phone and volunteered helpful advice for the job size I needed, they did not try to up-sell me. On the day they kept me up to date with where they were tracking. The move itself was very efficient; Matt was laid back but organized and made the whole annoyance of moving stress-free.

Would definitely hire again.

Ballarat

Verified Customer

Great job all went smoothly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Moved my children from Bundoora to Chadstone. Arrived on time and in and out at both ends quickly and efficiently. Thanks guys a big job made easy. All settled into new place by that night.

Wonderful Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

We used Man with a van to move archive boxes and folders from our storage facility to our office. The guys who came out where wonderful and in two hours everything was safely moved and delivered. We would highly recommend the service and will definitely not hesitate to use the service again!

Tetris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Alistair and Ben were fantastic - efficient, friendly and very capable. They made our stuff fit so well into a truck we thought was not going to be big enough. We were very impressed.
Going to use them again!

Verified Customer

Super quick, efficient and friendly! 11 out of 10.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Needed someone to immediately get our v special Tait outdoor table home. Ralph arrived in 5 mins. We loaded up drove to our place. All done! He was v professional, helpful and friendly. Will defo use again.

Verified Customer

Efficient, super quick and very friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Just amazing. Moved all of our furniture in under 4 hours and we wouldn't be happier. Would recommend Man with a Van to everyone. Thank you Ben and Fred!

Verified Customer

Best movers in Melbourne!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

5 stars isn't enough. Great guys, super fast and took such care with my things. They were friendly, efficient and organised. Amazing!

1 of 12 pages