Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

What seemed a simple request to pick up brand new boxed items was apparently too hard. A list of items were supplied, but apparently, the list wasn't good enough, photos were needed... 2 days of back and forth, finally photos were supplied the afternoon prior to needing the goods picked up. No response until the following morning to say they had no trucks available, so therefore missed the opportunity to get this done.
Extremely painful to deal with, so I wouldn't be recommending these guys.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Andrew, My apologies for our response to your request, which was poor. We certainly never want to leave anyone in the lurch. I've sent you through an email with more details. Please have a look... read more »

Very Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

I had received rave reviews regarding Man with A Van so I contacted them and spoke in length about what is a very difficult move (I am very aware it is not an easy move and have been very upfront with this). The first gentleman was lovely and we spoke for over 30 mins in depth regarding the move and all the requirements and then he sent me the quote with a booking number for me to ring back and book. So after much research I ring back to book the quote and suddenly my move had gone from a very reasonable price to being an extra $300 more minimum (not to mention this is only a quote so who knows if it would have gone up significantly again on the actual day). Apparently the first guy had made a mistake and misquoted me, even though the figures and time are the same on the original quote I was sent. Needless to say I haven't booked with them and have instead gone with another company who are better at training their staff to be consistent in their booking charges. My word of caution - do not book without triple checking the charges as they are likely to add extra charges than originally quoted just because you are speaking to someone different. I wonder if I rang back a third time I would get a different quote again???? I was originally very keen to book with them as I had heard such great things but after this experience I will certainly be offering my experience to anyone I know wanting to move and just advising that they always triple check the cost multiple times with multiple different staff members to ensure it stays the same.

Very inefficient service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

The service took too long to collect my good, pack the van and then deliver them. It was simple job that took too long and wasted my money!

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Marcus, appreciate the feedback. As you and I have discussed previously, your job took our minimum working time of one hour, resulting in our minimum charge of one hour plus the fixed travel ch... read more »

Guys on the ground; 10/10. Planning and head office 0/10

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Planned my move via the web portal, was provided approximate time and cost. On the day not all furniture would fit into the truck, so only one trip made as the truck and removalists were committed elsewhere. the result? I was stranded and had to complete the move that afternoon & evening with multiple trips in my car. The guys with the truck were great and did everything they could, their boss on the phone was a great example of appalling customer service include, yep, blaming the customer. He was too busy stonewalling my questions to hear the feedback that you need to make it clearer that if the estimate is wrong you get left stranded with no recourse.

• 12 comments
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Poor after service and standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.

+ The actual staff who arrived were pleasant

- Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that ha... read more »

I have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "... read more »

• 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Very poor - not what we expected.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Unfortunately the removalists they sent were arrogant and full of 'attitude'
Man with a Van under quoted the job - it ended up costing hundreds more (we've been reliably informed since that this is common with them to under quote customers)
And several items were damaged by them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Jack,

I'm very sorry to hear that this job didn't go well.

Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email managers@manwithavan.com.au with the details of your job, so I can look into it for you.

Regards, Alex (Manager)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Better than most, but far from the best

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

As good as it gets...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I needed a fridge, washer and pot plant moved from my second floor apartment in Fitzroy (via stairs) to Eltham. Apart from a small dent on the fridge door I was really happy until I saw the invoice. Expecting it to be about $200 I was surprised it was over $400... I hadn’t received the email outlining the pricing. I spoke to someone at the office and after he reviewed the booking call he realized there had been an error at their end including the incorrect email address and a failure to divulge all the necessary information. We met half way on the price. The movers were super friendly but, overall my experience is just good.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks for your feedback Simon, and apologies that there were some issues during the booking process. I'm glad we were able make amends through a discount on the day of the job. Hopefully we'll hav... read more »

Fantastic service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

They arrived on time to move my furniture from my 2 bedroom apartment. They were quick and professional. I have used this service in the past and i highly recommend them.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Appreciate the kind words, happy we could help out again.

ST KILDA

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

The guys kept the hustle from start to finish and delivered a good job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

My move was a 2 bedroom apartment in an old flat with narrow stairs and walkways. I had enough stuff to furnish a 3 bedroom house, which is LOTS for a small apartment. The guys worked really hard and did not waste time. All key and critical items arrived in good condition. The key to success was to have everything packed and ready, and that we communicated how we wanted things done. The team was flexible and easy to communicate with. From an admin point of view the travel charges were a bit murky but I found a bit of comfort in that final amount was not too far from the quote I had received (except that I had moved 10sqm of items the day before). Service is great but you need to budget 20% more from what they quote to avoid discomfort.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks for the feedback Bernie - we try to be as accurate as we can with our estimates. Glad it went well overall.

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Made the move a whole lot easier

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

We were moving a 1bedroom home. The homes were 2ks apart. Quote given by call center guy was 3 hours.
The boys came in on time, started moving stuff with no fuss. They finished the job 30 minutes faster than the quoted time too. The only negative I have is, there were instances when I was moving faster than them.

Professional and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Jack and Ben really made my move less stressful. They were on time, efficient, and friendly. We finished half an hour early and nothing was broken upon unpacking. Very impressed with their work and would recommend them to anyone who requires removalists!

Fantastic Zak Great Movers and Logistics

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Zak was an excellent communicator he advised his arrival beforehand and he took good care with moving an enormous fridge It’s mirror like stainless steel is Intact, with not even a little mark as New due to Zak’s great abilities and logistics with the difficult layout of building and apartment. So I would strongly recommend Zak and all the team from Man and the Van including the booking guys, all are Professionals, Thanks a lot

Verified Customer

Professional, reliable and fast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

The 2 men I had were fantastic. They were punctual, friendly and quick! We were quoted 3 hours and they finished in 2. All our stuff was transported safely and securely. I would highly recommend them.

Incredibly hard workers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

These guys really saved the day! I grossly underestimated my move (booked to move 5 large items) they ended up taking twice as much stuff as booked. They arrived early and kept in great contact regarding arrival times. This was a move into the city from an hour & a half away with a difficult narrow flight of 3 stairs to navigate, the guys worked extremely hard

Wonderful, couldn’t be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

The two guys from ‘Man with a Van’ were just fabulous.
I had so much more stuff than I thought and they worked well into the dark to finished my job all with such a great attitude. All my furniture was treated with respect and I was constantly kept up to date with everything that was happening.
They arrived on time and did not stop once in the 4 1/2 hours they were moving my property.
Definitely recommend 6 stars

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Very glad to hear you were satisfied with the service. Thanks Fifi

Verified Customer

Guys are strong and kind. Perfect services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

They start and finished on time. Really nice service. They worked fast and quick. Highly recommend van with a van.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks Felix.

Top shelf performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Had 2 top class lads handle our move, and they were everything you would want from a removal company.
Have used MWAV on previous occasions and was yet again satisfied move was done to an exceptional standard.
The 2 lads were polite, friendly, professional and above caring in regards to our possessions.

Thanks again MWAV

Comments
Man With A Van Official

This is really good to hear, cheers Richo.

Top job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

excellent work. Good to deal, easy to organise and very professional. highly recommended! We would definitely use them again. Thanks

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks Phil, our pleasure.

More than you pay for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

A last minute unexpected job, only had one day notice, moving furniture from one site to another in the middle of the city during lunch hour rush. Did a fantastic job, was very surprised and very happy. Professional, courteous and were quicker than they quoted. Extremely hard workers even though I left them on their own to carry out the work and only returned at the end to pay. Highly recommended.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks Fiona, appreciate your kind words.

1 of 11 pages