Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

What seemed a simple request to pick up brand new boxed items was apparently too hard. A list of items were supplied, but apparently, the list wasn't good enough, photos were needed... 2 days of back and forth, finally photos were supplied the afternoon prior to needing the goods picked up. No response until the following morning to say they had no trucks available, so therefore missed the opportunity to get this done.
Extremely painful to deal with, so I wouldn't be recommending these guys.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Andrew, My apologies for our response to your request, which was poor. We certainly never want to leave anyone in the lurch. I've sent you through an email with more details. Please have a look... read more »

Very Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

I had received rave reviews regarding Man with A Van so I contacted them and spoke in length about what is a very difficult move (I am very aware it is not an easy move and have been very upfront with this). The first gentleman was lovely and we spoke for over 30 mins in depth regarding the move and all the requirements and then he sent me the quote with a booking number for me to ring back and book. So after much research I ring back to book the quote and suddenly my move had gone from a very reasonable price to being an extra $300 more minimum (not to mention this is only a quote so who knows if it would have gone up significantly again on the actual day). Apparently the first guy had made a mistake and misquoted me, even though the figures and time are the same on the original quote I was sent. Needless to say I haven't booked with them and have instead gone with another company who are better at training their staff to be consistent in their booking charges. My word of caution - do not book without triple checking the charges as they are likely to add extra charges than originally quoted just because you are speaking to someone different. I wonder if I rang back a third time I would get a different quote again???? I was originally very keen to book with them as I had heard such great things but after this experience I will certainly be offering my experience to anyone I know wanting to move and just advising that they always triple check the cost multiple times with multiple different staff members to ensure it stays the same.

Very inefficient service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

The service took too long to collect my good, pack the van and then deliver them. It was simple job that took too long and wasted my money!

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Marcus, appreciate the feedback. As you and I have discussed previously, your job took our minimum working time of one hour, resulting in our minimum charge of one hour plus the fixed travel ch... read more »

Guys on the ground; 10/10. Planning and head office 0/10

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Planned my move via the web portal, was provided approximate time and cost. On the day not all furniture would fit into the truck, so only one trip made as the truck and removalists were committed elsewhere. the result? I was stranded and had to complete the move that afternoon & evening with multiple trips in my car. The guys with the truck were great and did everything they could, their boss on the phone was a great example of appalling customer service include, yep, blaming the customer. He was too busy stonewalling my questions to hear the feedback that you need to make it clearer that if the estimate is wrong you get left stranded with no recourse.

• 12 comments
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Poor after service and standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.

+ The actual staff who arrived were pleasant

- Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that ha... read more »

I have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "... read more »

• 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Very poor - not what we expected.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Unfortunately the removalists they sent were arrogant and full of 'attitude'
Man with a Van under quoted the job - it ended up costing hundreds more (we've been reliably informed since that this is common with them to under quote customers)
And several items were damaged by them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Jack,

I'm very sorry to hear that this job didn't go well.

Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email managers@manwithavan.com.au with the details of your job, so I can look into it for you.

Regards, Alex (Manager)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Better than most, but far from the best

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

As good as it gets...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I needed a fridge, washer and pot plant moved from my second floor apartment in Fitzroy (via stairs) to Eltham. Apart from a small dent on the fridge door I was really happy until I saw the invoice. Expecting it to be about $200 I was surprised it was over $400... I hadn’t received the email outlining the pricing. I spoke to someone at the office and after he reviewed the booking call he realized there had been an error at their end including the incorrect email address and a failure to divulge all the necessary information. We met half way on the price. The movers were super friendly but, overall my experience is just good.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thanks for your feedback Simon, and apologies that there were some issues during the booking process. I'm glad we were able make amends through a discount on the day of the job. Hopefully we'll hav... read more »

• 2 answers

Verified Customer

Made the move a whole lot easier

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

We were moving a 1bedroom home. The homes were 2ks apart. Quote given by call center guy was 3 hours.
The boys came in on time, started moving stuff with no fuss. They finished the job 30 minutes faster than the quoted time too. The only negative I have is, there were instances when I was moving faster than them.

Verified Customer

Thank god for these guys!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

All we needed was large frames transported and MWV were awesome as per usual. I've mistakenly used other companies in the past and never again as these guys are always professional, helpful and get the job done efficiently. Love their work!

Highest Recommendation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

We recently merged several offices into one large new office so wanted to donate some of our excess furniture to charity. The guys had to pick up from Dandenong, then Heatherton, then deliver to Sunshine. The guys made everything look effortless and did it all with a smile.
Additionally, we were quoted for four hours to do the job. They got it done in three hours, reduced the cost accordingly and saved us money. Bonus!
I highly recommend using Man With A Van.

5 Star Movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I will never use another mover. Professional and highly efficient. Hayden and Hugo impressed with their cheerful but careful handling of our belongings. They kept up their positivity even as they had to move the heavy things up a 30-degree slope from below ground each time. The job was done in the time estimated in the quotation, so no nasty surprises. I will definitely recommend Man With A Van to my friends.

Fantastic Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Man With a Van helped me with my move of a two bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment over a short distance. I found the service to be extremely efficient, friendly, courteous, communicative and professional. I was very pleased with the service and highly recommend this company.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Thank you so much for helping move a 3 bedroom house worth of furniture in a short time frame. These removalists were quick, effective and got the job done!

Verified Customer

“Great service” we got exactly what we asked for. Bonus point two perfectly mannened young men as we

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Coming down from Sydney I needed help with my daughters move and requested a quote from Man with a Van which was delivered and well explained. We were not moving a long distance and what was great this company wasted no time with the move and came in under the quote. I personally watched how they handled the furniture and I must say these lads knew exactly what they were doing. To finish I would highly recommend this company and best of all it allows me some time to enjoy good old Melbourne hospitality for the next few days.

Great team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Team did a great job today moving heaps of boxes and stuff, second home I have used them, really happy

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Genuine people who were efficient and effective!
Wonderful service! Would highly recommend using man with a van, a bit pricey yet worth it.

Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Moved out of a two bedroom apartment.... tricky job getting the couch down the stairs because it wouldn’t fit in the lift! The boys were obliging and very careful. Always looking for ways to avoid any damage. Highly recommended to all, made our lives heaps easier.
Came in under time = under budget. Thumbs up!

Amazing service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

I had to move apartments and the boys are efficient and helpful- even though I had some painful requests. Highly recommend!!!!

Verified Customer

No nonsense, efficient job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

Ron helped us with moving the big, heavy items during our move. He was polite and efficient, with a can-do attitude. Handled everything without breaking much of a sweat and absolutely no complaints. The job was finished as quoted, and we can't be happier about it. Thanks!

1 of 9 pages