Awesome camper build quality is fantastic!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

We put a deposit down on a new jackson highside but unfortunately had to cancel the order due to unforeseen circumstances mr zammit from mdc was kind enough to take control of our order and issue a refund no questions and i must add promptly!!
With this we were super keen to purchase another new mdc camper without a doubt. Unfortunately we couldn’t find the funds for a new one soon enough but luckily found A 2017 cruiser highside in like new condition for greeat price. We’ve done thousands of k’s and spent many a night living in this camper and love every bit of it. The xt12 is the next upgrade already on the list!!

We r on our second trailer love them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

The Brisbane store Has very good set up of the trailers
Very easy to make the decision as you can see what has what features
Very helpful staff

Proud owner of XT17HRT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Fabulous caravan with everything you could want or need
Steve B from Brisbane has been great to deal with
A few minor warranty issues fixed with no hassles
Can’t wait to take it around Australia knowing if we do have any issues MDC have factories in several locations

• 2 comments
  • 8 answers
Private message

Awesome range and sensational value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Being in the industry myself and also running a business which as part of the business does camper mods selling me my new camper was going to be a task

I dealt with Steve Zammit and by the time i finally signed he must have dreaded my calls but he answered all my questions honestly and in all honesty the Robson sort of sold itself. I looked around at leasurefest at every competitor and to be honest none came close and many other brands which were reasonable has sales people who woukd tell you the sky was pink to get the sale. Steve was to the point and promised me my unit by a date and delivered

I would recommend MDC 100%

Gundagai n.s.w

Warranty claims and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Awesome once again with your warranty service and claims, fantastic all round with getting our warranty claims sorted out so fast and hassle free. We would really highly recommend mdc to anyone that’s interested in buying a camper or a caravan to give these guys a go as they have gone out of there way to keep us so happy and enjoying our xtt camper while we are out there enjoying life and exploring our fantastic country we have. Cheers guys

Wilton

• 2 helpful votes

Warranty service from hell XTT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I have had my Robson XTT camper for almost a year and after my first short trip my electric brakes completely failed. I had to limp home. I put in a warranty claim, 4 weeks later because MDC warranty are pathetic I posted a bad feedback on face book. The next day Mdc contacted me instantly and semi rectified the situation. The next trip I took the camper on, once again the brakes had completely failed. I put in another warranty claim again. That was 7 weeks ago. Apart from the usual “we will get back to you” or “sorry that person doesn’t work here anymore please be patient” my $26000 camper sits at my house unusable. I am meant to be going on a months holiday starting this week and have had to cancel the trip. So just a heads up for anyone who wants to buy a MDC camper. Sales are very quick to sell you the goods with all the promises in the world if something was to go wrong. But the reality is the warranty and after sales teams are and without putting $100 in the swear jar. They are just simply pathetic. I will never buy one again and I am very seriously contimplating selling this pile of crap. My friends who were interested in buying one of these have now also seen multiple other customers having great difficulty with warranty claims and are spending their hard earned money elsewhere. I wish I did too

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Peter, the warranty team apologises for the mix up. In spite of brakes and linings not being covered under warranty, replacement hubs are being dispatched to you at no charge for product or freight so you'll be back on the road soon.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Inquiring to buy a XTT

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

After 15 years of tents and swags, we've decided to invest into a camper trailer. MDC were our 1st point of call. Spoke to sales in head office regarding their XTT. Felt like I was a burden and holding him up! Definitely didn't feel like I would be a valued customer, from the word go???

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Troy, I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your first contact. If you'd like to give me a call I can assist you and hopefully set things right. Steve 0459 899584

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Poor finishing qaulity.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Had numerous dramas with this company, poor quality workmanship. I paid to get a water tap n pump fitted. But when it arrived it was completely missing, after calling and getting nowhere i went to social media, then i had the owner of mdc message me and he was spewing, telling me not to post about his business on social media, also had a leaking water tank too.. was pretty ordinary

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good morning Gordo, I have checked our records, we do not have any records under Gordo. I am reaching out to you to resolve any outstanding issues.. Please call 1300MDCCARE and we will resolve a... read more »

Baghdad, Iraq

• 3 helpful votes

Can't get parts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Be wary if you need an MDC caravan repaired as they don't bring in back up spares such as edgemould/checkerplate/flat wall panels.its a joke if you have a major accident that this firm can't supply
these type of components.they didn't even answer after 3 emails so I gave up.I bet the sales people will tell you. Otherwise about larger parts.they can probably supply side lights but that's about it

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi CARAVAN913 from Baghdad, Iraq. Pretty easy to find anywhere really: Edge Mould: https://www.caravanservices.com.au/collections/all/edge-mould Checkerplate: https://www.aluminiumtc.co... read more »

Market Direct Campers Official

Hi CARAVAN913 from Baghdad, I was hoping to get an update on how you went with those parts after giving you the contacts to source them. Any luck? Let me know if we can assist any further.

Newcastle

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

MDC Jackson FF

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Had the Jackson FF for a couple of months. Second trip out and loving it. Only issues we’ve had are operator error and the strip lights were wired back to front - easy fixed after a quick email to MDC. One tip we got from the guys at hand over was to put a damp rid type thing in the camper. I reckon it’s saved us. We packed it up dry however after two weeks the pot had a fair bit of moisture in it. Thanks MDC.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hello Guy,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and we hope you have many great times ahead in your Jackson.
Steve

Hi Steve. No problems at all. You guys have had a bit of a touch up in years gone so thought I’d even the keel. I’ve had two warranty claims since. A zipper and solar panel. You guys are sendin... read more »

XT12 real world review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

We upgraded our old small van to the xt12, mainly to keep the little lady happy with ensuite, with the goal of a go anywhere unit that was more rugged and yet still small enough to go where others can't. We could not be more happy, so far we have traveled along qld coast checking out many waterfalls and lookouts ( which aren't on the side of the road), currently at Loyalty Beach, Cape York. The road in here would destroy lesser vans. Can't believe we are where we are and traveling with such comfort.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Very kind of you to post on our behalf Stew. Really hope you had a great time up north, Loyalty Beach is one of my favourite spots. Just keep an eye out for Mr Anderson the big old croc that lives in the creek just north of there.

Verified Customer

My high expectations have been exceeded! - XT17t

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

This is a prime example of how all major purchases should occur.

Well presented products, knowledgeable, helpful, and non-pushy salespeople, all questions answered, easy negotiation, all expectations met; if not exceeded!

Aftersales pre-delivery communication was great and several phases of production were reported to me with photos.
Special order requests were catered for and hassle-free.

Upon delivery/pickup, the van was once again well presented and we were surprised to find that some new features were added unexpectedly, at no extra cost.

The handover process was extremely thorough where ALL features, functions, options, tips and tricks were explained in simple terms yet great detail. (Thanks Rae!)

The van towed even better than expected, very smooth and stable with no weird tendencies.

Upon very close inspections at home, I was most impressed to find that the quality, fit, finish, and inclusions are better than that of vans of double the price, right down to the neatness of plumbing, electrical, and underbody sealing and presentation.

A couple of small warranty issues were resolved promptly and without question after a simple phonecall to the friendly Customer Care team.

In summary, a perfect transaction and buying experience from start to finish.

Top job Team MDC, TOP JOB INDEED! (and I'm not easily pleased!)

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Great Review Dennis and thank you very much for you kind words about Rae, she is definitely a great asset to the business and sincere to her customers. Hoping you have many great adventures in your new MDC.
Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm sure I will.

The review is well-deserved!

Very happy can't fault it..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Very good showroom at the Caboolture.
Very good range and quality to choose from.
Very satisfied can't fault it the camper and service.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Very kind of you to take time out and share your experience Greg. Wishing you many great adventures ahead in your new camper.

Great after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I purchased the XT22, I have had some minor issues and James and Chris from Brisbane had them rectified in a very timely manor and without question.
It is a great van and we Could not be happier with the product and after sales service.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

We're very glad you're experience has been a good one and thank you sincerely for posting John.
Kind Regards from the team.

No Problem, I rarely write a review, but I felt your team were extremely helpful.
When I first purchased the van I immediately had a few minor issues and you guys sent someone out within hours to rectify. Credit where credit is due, well done team

Great Camper (JFF), great value for money, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We have bought a Jackson Forward Fold about a year ago - and loved it every trip so far. Easy to set up (and close again), comfortable and allows us to get almost everywhere.
During our last trip (mostly off-road) we did unfortunately have an issue with the water tank, but the MDC customer service team was excellent (helpful and quick in replying) and all (interim repair and new replacement tank) covered under warranty.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Thanks for sharing George, we hope you continue to have some great adventures.

• 2 answers

Great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Had a suspension bush issue when leaning the Bungle Bungle's on a recent trip (from Brisbane)
Called MDC on a very poor mobile phone connection advising parts needed. MDC posted parts to Katherine post office so we could collect parts when we arrived in Katherine. Parts installed and back on the road.
Great customer service. Visited the Brisbane team when back home to personally thank them for the assistance.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Thanks for sharing Ray and very kind of you to recognize the teams effort the way you did.
Happy camping from the team.

ball weight and how to rectify excessive weight on landcruiser

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

just completed first trip away out west and free camped my main problem was that with the camper empty with basically very little gear in the camper my ball weight was 205 kilos being towed by a v8 100 series wondering what to do when I load up for for next trip in october

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Greg, if you contact Steve Zammit he may be able to help work around ball weight issues. Please send him an email to stevez@marketdirect.com.au

Loving our XT12

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

We have had our lil XT12 now for over 15 months. I took us about 18 months of searching. Still believe even with all the newer ones on the market, the XT12 is still the best value for money in the market. We have spent 6 weeks off the grid, running the big Waeco CFX95 with one side set on -8 and the other set on 0, Never did the batteries or solar let us down. The little hynrid takes all of 10min to set up,. The beds is as comfortable as our home queen size .
We can not fault her lil van.... Love it to pieces....... If you are looking at buying the XT12 you will not regret the decision.....

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Mark, great to read your review and thanks so much for sharing. Steve

Perfect first road trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Had already done a beach trip for first adventure. A little time to sort out what was what. Decided to go from brisbane to mt isa doing a road trip with my daughter. It was perfect. Not one problem anywhere. Other caravaners etc even commented what a great setup and how quick it was. Followed all the information mick from brisbane told us to do with wheel nuts etc. (Was little worried from reading others post) but came home without even a stratch. Would highly recommend

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

HI Debbie it's great of you to share your experience and glad you're enjoying your camper. Steve

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Love our MDC, had it for four years and has been awesome. Next upgrade will definitely be also a mdc.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you for your upgrade. Steve

1 of 13 pages

Were do I put the jack to lift up a Robson xtt camper to change a tire?

Oren asked on Dec 01, 2018

Answer this

Under the trailing arm there is a round ring welded on. You place the head of a bottle back in there to jack the trailer up.

Require a new cover for camper trailer. Are you able to help with this?

Joan asked on Nov 29, 2018

Answer this

You can contact our spare parts Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Brisbane time. 1300 494494 they'll be able to assist you.

My MDC camper comes with independent coil suspension. The R/H wheel castor needs adjusting. Please tell me the steps to take to adjust that wheel back to normal (Vertical ?).

Rhys asked on Nov 19, 2018

Answer this

Join the MDC Owners Group on facebook for discussions, tips and tricks everything MDC Related.

Hi Rhys,
MDSC workshop in Brisbane recently did a wheel alignment on my camper at a very reasonable price.

I made satisfactory adjustment as follows. 1) Parked on a level surface, I stabilised the camper by lowering the 4 leg jacks to take some weight. 2) I used a trolley jack to take the weight off the R/H wheel, marginally. 3) I used two spanners to just loosen the outboard suspension pin. NB. Do not remove the pin. NB. The outboard end of the pin has a cam plate as part of the head of the pin. 4) I rotated the suspension pin cam plate with one of the spanners while noting the movement of the wheel camber by eye. I discovered that full adjustment only brought the wheel back into almost vertical position. Standing back I sighted the alignment of the wheel to see if it matched the L/H wheel. Also confirming that both wheels cambers when compared by eye with the side of the camper body were satisfactory. 5) Tightened the suspension pin. 6) Lowered the trolley jack and released the 4 leg jacks back to stowed position. Time taken about 45 minutes.

See all 106 questions about Market Direct Campers