2013 mdc crusader

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

i bought this secondhand it had a hard life before i replaced the bushes side struts and bearings and it brand new again its very well built i would buy another one

Verified Customer

Good product, some average staff

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Xtt robson, fantastic camper. Very strong, taken it through mud, river crosss, along the beach, Kim's of corrugated roads and no complaints, no dust, no water. Easy setup and fantastic appliances. Some finishes inside are as expected for an import and let the camper down a little bit for example loose stitching on the couch cushions. And measurements marked in pen on the inside of cupboards, however you have to remember an Australian made equivalent of the camper would be at least 20k more.

Onto the staff, I was initially poached off of Facebook by a salesperson in another state, once I realised what had occurred and that there were sales people in my own state I had the situation rectified as in my opinion this was a dirty unethical tactic by the first salesperson. However I admit he appeared to work hard for the sale. Following making a deposit I received NO communication unless I initiated it, I found this disappointing and annoying and had to visit the showroom on a number of occasions just to get an answer or some idea of any progress. An email, or phone call every couple of weeks would have been nice.

All in all I'd buy again no hesitation.

Very Happy Camper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

Hi all, after ordering our camper from show room in Perth in October 2017 I was reading these reviews ( wrong order or doing things, I know ) thinking this may not be a pleasant journey. But happy to say we've had a pleasant one. April and Fernando in Perth have been a pleasure to deal with. They always returned my calls when requesting a delivery date which ended up being 12 weeks instead of the predicted 8. But with them shifting premises and the fact it was coming in from China was not surprised. As for the reviews, I guess its like the old saying. If your happy with a product you'll tell someone. If your unhappy you'll tell everyone. From what i've read most issues seem to be with warranties in the Eastern states.
We've traveled around 2000km over the Chrissy break and on some pretty horible roads out the back of Hyden.
The cruiser slide towed awesome behind our Parado. With the car full of kids and dog, everthing had to go on the camper. Think it would have been a bit over the 2 tonne limit, but have replaced tow hitch and fitted a break away unit. Will put it over pits soon, should be legal too 2250 Kg with the standard 12 inch breaks that are in it. After a long trip I would feel the temp of the hubs to check the bearings and now we are home i've been right over it and checked all the welds as a lot of driving was on corigated roads. We've put it through its paces and its past with flying colours. All seals held up keeping the dust out. All electrics worked fine, but would recommend adding a DC/DC charger to van to boust charge from vehicle through anderson plug.
All in all, we are very happy with our purchase and thought i'd put it up here to show that its not all bad.
Again, thanks too the Perth MDC teem. I'm sure you'll continue to shine.

Private message

Warranty repair from hell!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Contacted MDC and took our XT-12DB caravan to their now closed Melbourne showroom in Campballfield in late March 2017. All faults identified and spare parts organised. Months gone by and still not hear from their Melbourne office on parts arrival. We moved home and took our van to their new Geelong showroom in mid October 2017. No parts arrived! A few weeks later, we found out that repair is being done by a third party. No problem, except they cannot get parts from MDC in Brisbane to fix our van either!

My partner tried to call MDC Head Office and they no longer answer his calls!

Haven't used our van since Queen's Birthday in late March 2017! And doesn't look like we will get it back before Christmas/New Year holiday either!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Iming

Sorry to hear of your not so positive experience so far.

If you could please contact me on the below email and i will look into this for you.

Again i apologies for any inconvenience

• 4 helpful votes

MDC Camper Cape York

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Worst 25 thousand we have spent. Customer service has been very disappointing. We had trouble from the get go.
After 6 weeks of chasing unanswered phone calls the redarc system was deemed faulty they washed their hands deemed not their problem lucky redarc were awesome problem was fixed in two days. We have done one big trip for 3 weeks, wheel camber is out, spot welds broke and table fell off. That was fine we put the warranty claim in 1st of September, finally got to deliver our van 11 November, I did call once to check we were going okay only to call mid week before pick up to get another not my problem though nicely, and given another phone number to call.
Today I called the new number to be told that he has only had the van for two days and probably wont be ready for Christmas holidays. Disappointed can not start to describe how I feel 5 weeks of holiday with 4 children now has to be reassessed

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Tanya

Sorry to hear of your not so positive experience so far.

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Customer Service- Average; Communication- NIL; Follow up- Extremely average; Product- Still trying

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Below is a time line so far of communications with MDC or lack of it. Still have ongoing issues with trailer and still to this day have had no replies to emails, Facebook messages and phone replies.

First online warranty claim raised on Tuesday the 3rd of October through the MDC online warranty claim process. Contacted by MDC soon after to arrange drop off of the camper to the Sydney show room. This will not be until the following Wednesday (11th of October) due to space available inside the Sydney show room. This is fully understandable and no issue here.
Advised that someone would be at the Sydney show room from 7.30am of the morning of drop off. However waited till 8.45am till someone turned up and no one knew about the warranty drop off until Sydney Manager arrived in the showroom that morning.
Dropped off the trailer on the 11th of October for a warranty claim to the Sydney showroom for repair of the broken water tank, fix the Velcro on the seats and to replace a missing connection on the chain for the suspension.
Waited until the 20th of October and have not heard or had any communication from Sydney show room or MDC. Sent a text message to Sydney Manager in Sydney as the phones had been ringing out all day. Received a text back later that afternoon to advise the water tank had been fixed, but awaiting Velcro.
Waited a further few days to see if Velcro has been fixed and still no communication from anyone at MDC. Once again tried the Sydney mobile of Sydney Manager and no answer, so sent a further text.
Friday the 27th of October- Messaged Sydney Manager to follow up at 1.08pm- No reply to text.
Friday the 27th of October – Sydney Manager has called Trailer owner to advise they have “dropped” camper from a forklift, and the trailer is damaged. Also advised by Sydney Manager that this happened a few days earlier. This has felt like a cover up of damages, as we are only made aware of this after advising that we are coming out to collect the trailer, as the trailer had been in MDC possession for too long, and we wanted to use this 25K investment.
We have made our way out to MDC to check damages, as felt this need to be looked at due to the wording used over the phone sounded a lot worse than what had happened.
We understand that accidents happen, but the communication up to this date had been slack to say the least.
After talking to Sydney Manager, we came to the conclusion that they would look at the repairs and get back to me with an outcome to the damages caused in the warranty repair.

This is where we start more detailed notes as we could see that this may become an issue of no resolution, and also investigating further feedback from other MDC customers see this is an ongoing problem with MDC

31/10/2017- @4.05pm- Owner called Sydney Manager to follow up on repairs as no reply since the previous week. Advised that damages are about $945, and that MDC has also ordered a new door to replace damaged section. Advised that local smash repairs (unnamed) place was booked out until Feb/Mar 2018, but Sydney Manager would call other places. 3 more on their list to call.
3rd of November- No feedback or replies.
3rd of November- Voice message left on Sydney Manager's mobile- No reply
3rd of November- Intent to Claim sent to Sydney Manager for damages of trailer from Camper owner.
6th of November- No reply from MDC-Sydney Manager
6th of November at 2.08pm- Owner called 1300 494 494 but advised by staff member to contact Warranty department
6th of November at 2.09pm- Owner calls warranty staff member A at MDC- Advised no notes on warranty claim since original claim made. Staff member A to follow up with Sydney office for an update and contact owner back.
6th of November @3.45pm- Staff member A has called owner back to advised that she has spoken to Sydney Manager in Sydney of updates and Staff member A would now follow up with Damage to trailer, and Velcro. Staff member A also advised that MDC would arrange pick up of trailer and run it around to drop off for quotes and repair. This has not happened.
7th of November at 8.35am- Owner has picked up trailer for the first time to take home. Sydney Manager has advised again that the door has been ordered and now awaiting Staff member A to book in repair with smash repair.
12th of November- after picking up trailer noticed that the breakaway battery no longer charges- also the trailer is now drawing over 67 amps . Also notes the wires for the breakaway battery charger are no longer connected to the deep cycle batteries, hence not charging. This has been verified by a local electrician.
13th of November- No reply or contact from MDC to advise update of smash repair or fixing Velcro on seats
13th of November @ 8.37am- Owner raises 2nd warranty claim online through the MDC online system. Made MDC aware of Break away battery and trailer drawing 67amps.
13th of November @ 6.15pm- I decide to fill the water tanks for the first time since picking up the trailer to test the tanks. Can now advise that the water tanks are not leaking; however the gauges for the water levels are not working.
Also the arm for the broken door is missing
14th of November @2pm- Owner called the MDC warranty line- No answer and phone rang out.
14th of November @ 2.31pm= Owner calls the MDC warranty department to follow up with Staff member A, but to me advised that Staff member A is no longer in the warranty department. Now made contact with Staff member B.
Staff B advised that no notes on the trailer damage or warranty follow up. Staff B looked in the “Brisbane and Sydney Warranty spreadsheet” but no record of ongoing issues.
Staff B to arrange Production Manager to call [name removed] back to resolve issues.
14th of November at 3.07pm- Production manager and Staff B call Owner to advised they have spoken with Local smash repairs, but Owner would have to drive the trailer up to get a quote during business hours
16th of November @3.30pm- owner picks up trailer from home and takes to smash repair to get a quote for damage to side fridge door and structure. Advised that the cost would be about $1000, but would require a new door to be ordered by MDC.
16th of November @ 4.10pm- Owner calls Staff B- No Answer.
16th of November @ 4.13pm- Owner followed up with Staff B to advise that trailer quote will be sent to MDC from smash repairs, however to no resolution to the Velcro, Water Gauges, Break away battery, or amps drawing from trailer.
23rd of November- Staff B advised that new door has been ordered and will be sent to smash repairs.
23rd of November- Owner to pick up trailer again and now take to Auto electrical to see if he can look at electronic issues within the trailer. Too hard basket for auto electrical and not interested in the job.
26th of November- Owner buys a replacement Breakaway battery for camper, as it’s a legally required to move trailer in NSW.
28th of November- Drop trailer off at smash repairs to be advised that the incorrect door has been sent, and another new door would have to be sent.
28th of November @ 9.24am- Owner calls Staff B at MDC to advise of incorrect door. Staff B to call Owner back within the hour.
28th of November at 2.50pm- No reply from Staff B
28th of November at 3.09pm- Owner calls Staff B looking for updates- No answer, no reply from message
28th of November- Email sent to MDC Production manager- still awaiting reply
4th of December- second email sent to production manage- Still no reply, even after confirmation of acceptance
5th of December- Facebook massage sent to director of MDC- no action or reply.
7th of December- pick up trailer from smash repair- Great job from smash repairs
11th of December- Still outstanding from warranty

Overall the Velcro on seats- Not Fixed, water tank gauges- Not fixed, power issues from trailer and break away system not working.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi XTT Owner

I apologies for the unacceptable experience you have had so far having looked into it i believe your issues are now being tended to and hopefully resolved.

I apologies for any inconvenience caused

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas, We are still awaiting confirmation of a repairer coming to our premises to fix the camper, even after trying to follow up with MDC now for 3 days, and no reply to date. We also rece... read more »

Millfield, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Dealing with the warranty manager

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

It always dissapointing when you pay so much money for a camper only to experience how bad their after sales service is. The warranty manager who ever she is because did not even give her name when taking the call could only state the terms of the contract instead of trying to understand the complaint or try to offer any assistance. She had a complete lack of how to even deal with the complaint. Well done to the management of MDC for employing this inexperienced manager. I have been involved with sales for 40 years and she had no idea how to handle problem complaints. Their was several ways to offer assistance for which she knew none of them.
If they relied on repeat sales they would not last with this service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Brian
Thank you for your review and my apologies for you unfortunate experience. please feel free to contact me at nicholass@marketdirect.com.au and i will do what i can to assist you as best i can

Nicholas

Well I was surprised and delighted that there is a manager there that has some business since. Thumbs up to Nicholas for contacting me and listened to my complaint of their warranty manager and was... read more »

Hi Brian

Im delighted i was able to assist you if you have any other enquirers please don't hesitate to contact me any time

Wyee

• 3 helpful votes

Not very happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Suspension bent on first trip, they fixed it under warranty in about 4 mths (but don't expect good service you need to chase them up) now its bent on one side again but they can't supply the part, it needs to be made by there supplier in China minimum 3mth wait.
Let heaps of dust in when new so i had to fix that. Every time i use it it has issues.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Harry I have had a quick chat to our staff who have been looking after you and i believe we are currently doing all we can to assist you, given that your trailer is an older model from 3-4 yea... read more »

My last contact with you was to supply you with the chassis number so that you could confirm the price. I have since emailed twice with no responce I am waiting for you to reply with the price. A... read more »

Verified Customer

Happy with mine and the service in Perth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

I never write reviews but I am writing this because of the bad reviews listed here. I call things as I see them, I do not work for MDC nor am I rewarded in any way for this review. However I do believe people have had a bad experiences.
I did a lot of research for sometime, looking at all caravans and camper trailers available. I settled on the MDC Cruiser Highside forward folding as I wanted to load a boat, the large fridge compartment, the flexibility to take the camper anywhere I wanted to and other features. I have made some minor changes and additions to suit how I want to use the camper, as I am on my own.
The camper is by far better made, tough, made of better materials and is better priced than all the others available.
There were some minor assembly issues, which were quickly dealt with by Fernando the WA branch manager, who went out of his way to assist on a number of occasions. I have had issues with a number of new purchases; what is important is how the company deals with the client and the issues.
I do suggest:
- on delivery of the camper, set it up at home, use and test everything, season the canvas and sort out what you are taking and where you will load these items in the camper.
- the first trip should be a 'shake down', to identify what you need and don't need, and better methods of setting up the camper. eg: I only take the annex roof and left side (kitchen), and poles I need.
- read and follow the instructions. One of the reviews complains about the canvas going mouldy, canvas only goes mouldy if it is packed away wet and not dried out within a few days. Preparation and maintenance must be done.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Two Gun Thank you for your Honest review we are Glad the Cruiser High-side was able to meet your requirements. As a company we are always looking to improve and our focus currently is on cust... read more »

COOLANGATTA

After sales service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Hi all, had a few problems with our van to start with, I put in a warranty claim, the two ladies that are now handling claims were only too helpful to get me back on the road again, all good, did have another problem but this time it wasn't a warranty claim, it was my own fault, I broke the side window while reversing the van back into the driveway. My wife should have warned me quicker that I was close to the fence haha, hope she doesn't read this, got in touch with MDC asking if they had a replacement window for our XT17 HRT van, spoke to Elisabeth and she was so helpful, even sent a video on how to remove and replace the perspex. Thanks Elisabeth MDC

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Pete Thank you for your Honest review we apologies for the issues you did have but glad We could get it all sorted out for you. Sounds like it is time for the fence to be relocated. We are gl... read more »

Done 50,000k's and hire it out. Fantastic Camper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Bought a Jackson rear fold camper in 2015 and since then it has been around Australia 3 times. I hire the camper out and most of the km's have been on dirt. I cant speak highly enough about the quality.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Very happy camper We at MDC are glad to hear how much you are loving your camper and extremely jealous of your travels. We would love to see some snaps of your trips with the Jackson if you ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Can't hide your spots

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

2017 XT12
After sales assist and warranty issues non existent. When i approached the MDC Perth before my purchase, one of my first questions was "Why so many bad reviews?" i was told "That was a long time ago, things have changed"
Well things haven't changed! My vans very first problem was my internal fridge would cut out way before it was meant too. rang MDC and GUNS straight off the hip "There's something wrong with your car not charging, not even a glimpse at the van, i was sent to another caravan dealer not so far away from MDC who proceeded to fill out a job card and wanted to bill me for the services, this is when i new i was wasting me time with these people.. i contacted the manufacturer of the fridge and they corrected the problem straight away which was a wiring issue, great service, with no help from MDC.
I have been ringing in regards to a failed gas strut on tire rack for 3 weeks now and have been told ÿes there in kewdale "get on to it right away"
Still nothing. They don't answer phone. Don't get back to you. I've sorted it out my self now amongst other problems with water leaks and shonky wiring circuitry. I could go on for hours regarding van problems after sales service.

So in summary
Has MDC changed there way, NO!
Advice
Save some money buy a second hand van and you know that someone has painfully corrected the problems because warranty is just a word! Salesman have an answer for everything.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Unhappy Camper I am sorry to hear about your not so positive experience could you please contact me on the below email so i can get a bit more detail from you if possible nicholass@marketdire... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Used our camper traiIer 4 times. Bearings are stuffed. Numerous phone calls later no response or resolution. still awaiting return of calls and emails.

October 13th 2017 Update: Worst company I have ever dealt with

Purchased a camper trailer from Campbellfield showroom. I had read the reviews and was quite upfront that I was reluctant given the bad reviews. I was advised that they were aware of the reviews and the processes had changed. After 4 uses we found the bearings to be totally useless and further investigation revealed a manufacturing fault and new brake drums were required. A phone call resulted in an undertaking to send new brake drums and we would get a call back. No call back, never answers the phone, never responds to voicemails, email not responded to. Rang head office and told the manager was in Bali and there was no one else I could speak to. After demanding to speak to someone in authority I got hung up on. I do not know how they stay in business given their extremely bad after sales service. I hope MDC is reading this because it will be referred to consumer affairs if I have not received a satisfactory outcome.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Mellykelly

I am truly sorry to hear about you not so positive experience with us

so i can get to the bottom of this is it ok if you send me an email so i can sort this out with you
my email is as follows
nicholass@marketdirect.com.au

You should have my email given the many times I have communicated with MDC. Further to the above things have only got worse. Having escalated this matter to consumer affairs, I have twice been se... read more »

Very pleased with my Robson XTT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Very happy with service from Rae at Newcastle
A couple of small issues but nothing that wasn't sorted ASAP
Made a few mods to customise it to my liking but overall 10 out of 10

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Joeb Thank you so much for your review we are at MDC are elated with your 10 out of 10 rating of the XTT we are extremely proud of this trailer and how popular it has become I will pass on y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

When you have problems don't expect help!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Have a Cruiser High Side Forward Fold, Travelling in outback QLD when eye hook to open forward fold gave way snapping belt & hook like a whip and missing my head by inches damaging 2 doors on my vehicle parked behind trailer. Eye hook only held on by 4 rivets yet has heaps of stress when opening forward fold. Contacted MDC when I finally had phone service, had an argument about warranty but trailer only 18 months old. Brisbane MDC finally agreed to forward a replacement part, sent to a future destination. I spent 4 hours trying to fit part to trailer with no instruction. It was not the appropriate part. Another call gave me the Townsville office they were to get back to me, no such luck. A temporary fix got me back to Sydney. Called Mdc expecting to get Sydney office and got Brisbane again. Explained what had happened again and how I nearly got killed by the snapping belt and hook to be told to fix the problem myself or bring the trailer to Brisbane for repairs.
I am only putting this post online so everyone can check the eye hook that opens Forward Fold. It need bolts going right through the trailer floor with a plate to ensure the hook cannot come off. Would have been good for MDC to fix problem on all trailers for safety reasons. Apparently Sydney do not do warranties any longer.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Avoid at all costs!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Before purchase - great but then...
After sale - don't show you how to setup.
After care - bad & ignorant.
Warranty - extremely poor they avoid at all costs and make it difficult.
Parts - use cheap parts.
Canvas moulds.
Tap fittings leak.
Canvas on camper and annex leak.
Seals are bad and leak.
Bolts were loose underbody.
The inclusions that were meant to come with camper took months of complaining and calls to actually receive.
Rust and paint chipping on door compartments.
Have used for 3 weekends and purchased in late Dec 2016.
Go elsewhere!

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Love Mdc campers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

We had a 2013 explorer from new loved it, just got out cruiser high side love it had no problems with sales or service from the Brisbane team,

Private message

fantastic service...WOW just the way it should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

WOW I couldnt believe how great the girls in the repairs dept are. I need to get a couple of poles for my t-box elite and I had them in my hand within 24hrs of the initial contact. the girls went out of there way to make sure that I was Happy.. wish these girls had been around at the beginning of my MDC journey. i would recommend that if you need anything done just ask for Lara, Elisabeth or Thalia....loved the work of these women

Brisbane

• 8 helpful votes

Totally Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

Disappointed with the Staff, communication and the build! The building time of my caravan was delayed not only once but multiple times leaving me to cancel already booked trips. When I finally received my caravan there were multiple faults and concerns about the structure. My modifications were not done to standard and when this issue was raised, we were promised compensation of a windguard [name removed], which was not on the caravan when picked up. Only just 2 weeks ago, the caravan was again put into to be fixed and yet there is still no communication and customer service is still a problem.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Caloundra

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great camper. Can see myself traveling for weeks on enf

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Just set up my camper for the first time. Forward fold explorer. A little bit tricky with no instructions but next time out it will be a breeze. Absolutely love it. Everything is convenient to get to and bed is comfy. There are bad reviews here but lets face it, this is camping , not a 5 star resort. Its affordable glamping and if little things need to be fixed and adjusted i can live with that. Advise is , don't buy a camper if you have no idea about battery life of LPG systems. I'm rapt.

1 of 7 pages