Mass Attack - Not just a weight loss expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2014

I would like to thank Narelle of Mass Attack for her expertise in so many areas of my life. She is a very valuable resource and her herbal remedies always assist in calming my anxiety and digestive issues. I have a Thyroid condition and Narelle is the best practitioner I have found in Melbourne for dealing with this and the associated problems. The email newsletter Narelle provides is always on the cutting edge of advancements in her field so you will be always informed on new ways to help yourself. I notice that other reviews complain about the cost of the herbs and I can say that this is the case with any Naturopath I have visited - they are not cheap but they ARE effective. Thyroid issues are NOT simple and you will find a normal GP cannot help.

Narelle has assisted my family on another very stressful issue and I can safely say that withour her advice and herbal assistance the stress would have been impossible to bear.

Thyroid Problem

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2014

The Naturopath was quick to diagnose a thyroid problem over the phone based on a questionnaire. She said that this was causing my anxiety. She insisted that I needed to have blood tests which my doctor would not approve so I was out of pocket $290. Then there was the cost of $150 for annual fee, and nearly $300 for herbals. The tests came back all negative, but she insisted that I still had a thyroid problem. Three doctors confirmed that I did not have a thyroid problem. She told me that she would refund my money if the tests came back negative. After paying out all this money, I was told to stop taking the herbals and to take my antidepressants as recommended by my doctor. When I asked for a refund, she blocked me from logging in and accessing my emails.

+ Absolutely nothing

- She diagnosed me based on a questionnaire and then over-promised and under delivered.

CHATSWOOD

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

This really works - if you give it a proper go

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2012

I was sceptical and I dithered about joining for over a year based on some of the reviews here. I have struggled to lose weight for years - tried EVERY diet from WW to Dukan and eventually I started this 2 weeks ago with serious misgivings. BUT, I lost 3.5kg and 15cm in 2 weeks and am over the headaches, cravings etc. I have more energy and I feel a lot better. They don't contact you personally every week but there's more than enough material to read and if you have any questions you can call them. yes it is hard giving up coffee and milk and other things - I am a real foodie - but I am making yummy food with the things I can have.
My naturopathic products cost me an additional $170 but it won't be as much next month as my cravings have lessened so I won't need all 4 products.
Honestly, I can say its been far easier than I thought it would be and I am delighted with my results.
I didn't have to give up meat. Just eating more fish than I usually do. Yum.
After all the money and disappointments I've been through on previous diets I am sticking to this - it works!!

+ Easy to follow - lots of reading material

- Quite expensive but not too bad.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I would like to find out how u're doing now after being on the programme for more than 4 months.

I would also like to know how the program went for you!

Melbourne

This Program Rocks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2012

From the moment I joined, I knew I would get results. I just loved their approach. Fresh, real food and run by a naturopath who really knows what she is on about.

I was attracted to the program for fertility reasons. I was tired all the time and my hormones were all over the shop. I was gaining weight really quickly and was terrified. All I wanted was to feel like me again.

I followed my program religiously for 6 months and the results were stunning. Not only did I get my body shape back, but I fell pregnant after 6 years of trying. Just amazing!

I highly recommend this program to anyone who is serious about their health. It does take commitment, but the results are worth it.

+ It works!

Unrealistic

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2012

It promised a personalized program but the questionnaire is very general and you receive a lot of generalized info. Very disappointed not value for money really. Could've learnt just as much by Internet search. Eating plans incredibly unrealistic who could give up all sugar dairy meat at once. If I had that sort of willpower would I be fat in the first place???

- Expensive unrealistic generalised not specific unscientific

Great Value For Money - Realistic, Effective and Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2012

I had struggled with my weight since I was 15 and over the last 30 years had tried everything. This is the only thing that has worked for me. I loved the fact that they supplied general support documentation about the areas they felt were contributing to my weight. It all made sense. When they called me to discuss their findings I was shocked that Narelle actually called me herself. This is something you just don't get with other programs! She spent about an hour with me on the phone which was exceptional value and I was blown away by how much research had gone on behind the scenes to put my plan together. I really appreciate this. To top it off she called me a few weeks later, then once per month until I hit my goal weight ... and this was all included in the tiny $149 joining fee. I highly recommend this program to those who truly want to get to the bottom of their health and weight problems. Could not be happier with the service and reccomend this product to all my friends. All up, I lost 28.2kg and have kept it off for 2 years. I loved the fact that they pointed out to me that most of the foods that I was eating all the time were not suitable for me. It was a little challenging making the changes at first since I had so many habits to break - but with their guidance, support and committment to my health I changed the way I ate and my body shows the results.

Great work ladies. Thanks for sticking by me!

+ Inexpensive, professional, research based, effective, convenient, foodies heaven

- Perhaps they should say that the support documentation is general and not intended to be personalised. It's the behind the scenes work that is, so I think if they clarified this better it would do them better justice. Of course for $149 they can't write a 70 page doc just on me plus include months of phone consultations and follow ups. I guess a little more clarity on their website would help. They also referred me for blood tests that I had already had done as they were too old and there were inconsistencies within the results. I was happy to do this and the results were beneficial. It turned out I had Lupus. But hey, they do amazing things given they are just a small team. Perhaps when they get bigger they will sort these little presentation glitches out. But then in a way it is nice if they stay small and personal.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Really great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2012

A nurse friend of mine suggested the program to me and after reading the reviews I had mixed thoughts but gave it a go.

Struggling with menopause for the last 3 years meant I kept gaining fat around my middle and the hot flushes were driving me nuts. I had tried everything that my local health food store and GP could offer. This was my last resort.

I have to say, I followed my program to a T and the results were amazing.

You do have to be prepared to commit to changes and invest in the remedies, but they were not over the top in cost. I asked them for a breakdown of my ingredients and they happily discussed the ingredients over the phone.

I highly recommend this program.

+ The service was spot on. All up, I say this program is one of the best in the market place. Small, personal and it works.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Dont waste your money and get your hopes up.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2012

The so called detailed personal plan is not a personal plan, it's a generic document. The food tables on the document actually had foods that i could have some times (yellow foods) yet my doctor had advised to not have them at all... thats how personal the program is.

Secondly the powders and potions are very expensive and like my doctor pointed out, theres no list of what is in this stuff .... whats the secret? He would have liked to have seen a list as i'm on medication.
You can join the program for $149 but if you dont buy the potions, powders and other things from them - it's a no go.... thats where they make their money.
Thirdly you call them, they have to look your file up and talk to you about your condition, over the internet consultations are not recomemded, you better off finding someone local who can treat you and get to know you properly - trust me, theres nothing personal about the service you get at Mass Attack .... if your not getting results and asking why, you'll notice one of them give you attitude ..... [name removed] has a great idea going there but needs to keep it local or see people in person. I got my hopes up after i joined and let me tell you, boy did i crash. Don't waste your money, time and hopes ......

+ [name removed] is very friendly and does listen ....

- too much promised ....nothing achived. Very expensive!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

It sounds like you didn't actually start your program? It can't work if you don't start it!

And you can never expect a doctor to agree with a naturopath - the doctors get the big financial bonuses from the pharmaceutical industry, which is multi billion dollar industry aimed at keeping you on chemical meds! they cant make money from herbs!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

WARNING - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2011

[name removed] promises a personalised plan - this is not the case.
I was sent alot of generic information that did not apply to me and I was told to redo tests I had done 2 months previously because they didn't even bother to read the results I sent through
They should tell you from the outset that to follow their plan to the letter, you will be expected to pay at least $400 a month is supliments.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY.

- Dishonest, misleading, deceptive

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2011

This is my first week, however already am feeling positive with the few changes I have made - today while reading through my detailed program I have been able to see in black and white my life to date (emotions, fatigue, cravings, weight gain, poor memory etc.) - but the good news is that I can also see my future. A future of happiness, wellness and feeling on top of the world:)

+ Detailed program for the reason why my weightloss has been a struggle for years! Recommendations to reverse and change the factors causing excess weight. Advice and support via email and/or phone for 12 months:)

- Haven't found any . . .

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes