Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2020

We are ready to build with Masterton!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Recently signed up with Masterton to do knock down and rebuild and currently at pre-construction stage. Mr and I are feeling nervous and ecstatic. Special thanks especially to:
-Olga who has been very very patient and guiding us through each step along the way
-Michael who was quite direct and business like to get us over the line
-Tammy from Dons who gave us lots of hints and inputs
-Stacey from Accent who was lovely and prompt with our requests
-Amy, our new coordinator who has been lovely and helping us through the stages

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that Masterton Staff have been of great assistance :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Good team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

So far really good communication and great effort from Masterton team at THORNTON. So excited to looking forward to see the progress of my home construction soon.Can’t wait for it

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Leo,
Thank you for your review, can you please send through your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au so we can thank all staff involved so far.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2019

Contract signed and now into Pre-Construction phase.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Just like to call out Anne at Woongaragh for a great job a diligence shown while completing our Sales and pre contract stage of building our house. She goes above and beyond and fills us with confidence for our next stages. I know there has been mixed reviews across the whole process of buidling with Masterton (as ther always will be, no one is perfect) but if Anne’s professionalism and drive to get the best job done as efficiciently as possible, is anything to go by, the rest of the process will be great! Well done Anne!

We look forward to now working with Amy and hopefully I will be back here to post a similar review on completion of our pre-construction phase. :)

Cheers

Michael
Job No 2014465

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

HI Michael,

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that Anne has been of great assistance to you :)

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Noisy upstairs floor!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Their unprofessional carpenters damaged the ceiling in the process of fixing the upstairs floor they couldn’t even fix it properly. Their 90 days service couldn’t fix the floor too. Still is noisy and scary to walk. We’ve tried to contact them both masterton and 90 days services but no one is answering. You can’t trust masterton company they aren’t professional despite of being too expensive for their services.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Liverpool

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I’ve built a double story house with masterton and I was glad I’ve chosen Masterton. Great team. Thanks Masterton especially my construction supervisor Brett. He was so helpful and full of customer service. He helped us every step of the way. And fixed all the things I’ve asked them to do. And the house finished 4 months in advance. The house looks really good. Recommend Masterton to everyone.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that Brett has been of great assistance to you :)

Could you please send your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au at your earliest convenience.

2012858

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Pre Construction and suppliers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

To whom it may concern

We would like to say that the team of people that have looked after us from masterton Homes Kate Deer and the colour team and there suppliers have been so helpful and great nothing has been to much trouble.

We are looking forward to our new home being built, we have be given the name of our supervisor and look forward to meeting him.

I would like to mention from the start meeting Quan to the dealing with Kate it was excellent, I hope that our supervisor builds a great home.

We will be in his hand and would want our trades people to build and be as good as everyone else.

Morton

Sorry for not filling out the rest I put an approximate end date.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that Kate has been of great assistance to you.

A great job done by a great Supervisor Ryan George

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

The build started in 2016 but up until June 2018 was very slow and disjointed and wasn't going anywhere .
A lot of issues with trade persons , quality of work and supervisors was a constant hold back to the construction of this duplex. But this all changed when Masterton Homes brought Ryan George in a great and experience supervisor in August 2018 who took the job on and completed it with professional and experienced tradesmen to a handover in early December 2018 . We can't thank Ryan enough for the great job he has done for us.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that Ryan has been of great assistance to you and we hope you enjoy your new home :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

The experience working with Masterton has been wonderful. We changed builders due to the fact that they were more transparent and open about what you get and can expect to pay. We didn’t have the easiest block to work with, but Quan at Warrick Farm helped us achieve a perfect design for our needs. He has been very patient with my changes and requests, and helped us along the way with the best options for our limitations on our block. Looking forward to moving into our dream home, and can thank Quan and Masterton for helping us get there!

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thank you Lindy for your review, we are happy to hear that Quan has been of great assistance to you :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great Site Supervisor

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

All started great, with a fantastic sales person in Carmen. But then it went down hill once in pre-construction - the pre-construction coordinator, Elizabeth, was absolutely hopeless, didn't know codes, didn't communicate well, never returned calls - I knew more then she did, and I'm not the builder...Finally construction, we were blessed with a fantastic site supervisor in Mark, and we need to thank him for his efforts. Masterton Homes should think themselves lucky to have Mark, as it was he, who turned our experience of building with Masterton into a good one.
Our costs were on budget, workmanship is ok, but we did have a few little issues along the way, but nothing major.
I recommend for all future home builder purchasers to get to know your site supervisor, have regular inspections with him and work with him (not against him), as you will be rewarded in the end with a seamless handover.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi,
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that Carmen and Mark were of great assistance to you :) We hope you enjoy your new Masterton home.

Thankyou Masterton

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I am at last stage of building house and would like to say thankyou to some of the outstanding people at Masterton.
I start with David Mylott Sales Consultant at Oran Park. He is the best and provided us excellent customer service, very happy man and and very helpful person. He always happily helped at all stages of construction and cleared our confusions.

Second and very important person I would like to
thank is our current site supervisor Darren Mcdonald. He became our supervisor in the last stages of construction and I wish he was our supervisor from start. A very kind man, listened to our concerns and gone all the way to help us.
He is an outstanding, exceptional, professional and great person to deal with.It has been a pleasure to have him as our supervisor and if in future I plan to build a house then I will request Masterton to give me Darren Mcdonald as my supervisor. Great man, great customer skills, great knowledge and professionalism and true asset to any company.
I am quite happy with the build as the house got finished on time and hopefully after we move in everything goes ok .
I would highly recommend Masterton to anyone for building their dream home.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi,

We are pleased to hear that David and Darren have been of great assistance to you. Can you please send your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au at your earliest convenience.

Job number Emailed.

WOLLONGONG

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Great company to deal with...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

A big thank you to Anne McGee, Masterton homes Woongarrah, the moment we walked through the door we felt immediately comfortable and in good hands. Anne has gone above and beyond to help us get this home built. Every change we made was handled with care. I think we drove her mad with ??? Anne always was available to talk, and reassure us.
We are about to begin the “building journey” and if the service we have had up to this stage, is anything to go on, it would be all ok.
Masterton Homes what a gem you have in this lady, she’s definitely a “keep”. Thank you Anne

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thank you for your review :) We are pleased to hear that Anne has been of great assistance to you :)
Could you please send your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au

My Job # 2014641

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great site supervisor who built us a quality home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Our sales person informed us the paperwork side would only take 5 months and it ended up taking 12 months until construction commenced. After quite a bit of stress due to communication issues during the pre-construction phase, the process became a lot smoother from the colour selection on. Our site supervisor, Darren McDonald (Harrington Park NSW area) was fantastic. Our sincere thanks to Darren for always being reliable, honest, open to communication, showing great attention to detail and for being very professional. A true asset to Masterton Homes. Thank you for building us a lovely, quality home.

December 6th 2018 Update: The Job done by our Masterton Supervisor Darren McDonald was almost perfect

This is the second house i have built and after living in it you do not realise what a great Job our Supervisor did.
Darren ensured the workmanship was first class and was well aware of our situation and pushed the job along.
I wish i could say the same about pre construction stage, which did take what seemed an in-ordinate amount of time. Thank God Darren made the build go smoothly

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that Darren has been of great assistance to you and we hope you enjoy your Masterton Home.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Can't stand with it- pre-construction team work bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I have a house DA approved to rebuild in Carlingford, NSW. Contract was signed with Masterton in July 2017. After 9 months, S96 to change garage door from double to single was approved in Aprill, 2018. After 6 months, now it is 29/oct/2018. We still stuck in the CC preparation!

* The pre-construction coordinator never picked up the phone or returned missing call. We have to communicate over email so far. She followed all the steps which is all right but really the efficiency need to be reviewed.
* Variations has incorrect numbers and need another variation to cover it.
* Hydraulic drawing was ready and certified before tender. But it was changed for no reason. What we told is only the Hydraulic engineer can certify the new one too.
* Their subcontracted WSC did a NOR because they thought the owner want to do Torrens title subdivision in the future without asking us or checking the DA / design. When we found out the issue by consulting the other WSC / council / PCA, they now need to ask Sydney Water to approve the change again. We don't think coordinator properly manage the subcontractor or information in this matter.

Frankly, the sales team and contract team are professional and friendly. We hope the pre-construction coordinator and the construction team can be more efficient in the following CC and construction work.
Time is money for everyone.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Rena,
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au so we can look into this for you.

sydney

• 1 question

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2019

Pre-Construction PERFECT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to the team at Masterton for making our pre-construction experience so seamless and easy. From Pre-sales with Olga who was an absolute super star in her knowledge and manner to Kate, Michael and Deborah in the pre-construction phase. They all have such great product knowledge and make you feel as if you are their only customer. This is customer service done right. Pre-construction is a huge process to put it lightly, so naturally a lot of questions come up. Our emails and phone calls were answered promptly and there was never a question too big or small that they were not able to happily help us with.

We are so excited for our house and go in with great confidence that the process will be just as seamless and pleasant.
Helen and Theo

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Helen,
Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that Olga, Kate, Michael and Deborah have been of great assistance to you :)

Great experience so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Quan in the sales team has been great to work with. I have appreciated his responsive communications, transparency and overall professionalism. Quan’s formidable knowledge and experience of the planning, selection and build process has allowed us to make quick progress towards achieving our new home. We now have a home design that meets all our needs and we are looking forward to completing the journey.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Ross,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that Quan has been of great assistance to you :)

Can you please send through your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Wish i went with the other quote!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

- 4 site supervisors - two of which I never met nor received any communication from. This meant that our job was placed on hold 4 times as when ever the site supervisor leaves the business your job goes on hold.

- Prices changed without any prior notice when signing final contracts because they took too long to draw the plans correctly.

- Takes months to fix mistakes. One of the walls was identified as bowed during framing construction inspection. They continued to gyprock, etc, wasn’t fixed until they tried to hang the vanity and it bulged out.

- 9 months after moving in we are still waiting on problems to be fixed from PCI

- Construction was months beyond contract, $250 per week compensation does not even come close to covering the rent on a 2 bedroom apartment let alone a house for a family.

-Post build, I have had to arrange and pay to have mistakes fixed myself because I got sick of waiting for Masterton including having to pay someone to fix brickwork.

After writing this review and sending it to Masterton, I heard from them within 48 hours. A carpenter came out the next week. Couldn't fix the problem said he'll come back but never heard from him again. Now one of the bedroom locks they fixed during PCI is broken again.

They are an unprofessional, incompetent, infuriating company to deal with and continue to be 2 and a half years later. I have limited my product review based on emails and paperwork I have to verify my comments and to give people a small window into the disaster that is Masterton. Lots of promises little to no follow through.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi Jim,
I have passed your concerns on to our Construction Departments.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Awesome house, great job thanks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

James and Renae
What a great feeling moving into our new home. The build was an easy experience and Mark Saunders was a pleasure to work with on our build. He would update us every week and had our house built under the time frame set out by Masterton. From the start we delt with Lynne Stonestreet. Any questions we had were promptly answered by her. Very professional. I would highly recommend Masterton homes. And if you are lucky enough to have Lynne and Mark’s services won’t be disappointed.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thanks James & Renae,

We are pleased to hear that Mark and Lynne have been of great assistance to you :)

Can you please send your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Fantastic Experience..Thank you Masterton Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Sabeesh and Aswathi

We had such a wonderful experience with Masterton. Our sincere thanks to Mark Saunders, our supervisor. He is THE BEST !!. He is very reliable and always gave us an update every week. He was very prompt and professional in responding to questions . A great person. His attention to details was outstanding. Thank you Mark.

We also want to share a good experience with Lynne Stonestreet who helped us a lot during the initial phase.
It took only 6 months to get our dream home.
Thank you Masterton and the whole team for a simply smooth experience.

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that Mark and Lynne has been of great assistance to you. We hope you enjoy your Masterton Home. Can you please provide your job number at your ear... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Best Pre-construction coordination

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

We have just finished our Pre-construction and I must say, we had the pre-construction coordinator that you dream of having! Not everything went very smooth for us in the process, but Kate was super super helpful, very responsive, understanding and so so friendly that I could feel her smile in all her emails. I could only hope that the rest of the staff that we deal with on the rest of our building journey is to her standard. Thank you so much Kate for your professionalism and care!
Girard and Jo

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that Kate has been great assistance to you :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Very good people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Friendly and very professional, good quality of product and little mistakes, there is some repairs to make but looks ok, the supervisor always contact and give the progress of the construction and he was very professional
good product knowledge and explanation of what else will be needed for an occupation certificate
I will recommend masterdon homes
good name which will give value to the property

Comments
Masterton Homes Official

Hi,
Thank you for your review. Can you please provide your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au so we can thank the Supervisor involved.

Masterton Customer Care

1 of 27 pages

Do Masterton still do free site inspections? I went to a couple of builders who wanted a fee up front to do a quote? Not sure why Builders want me to pay for a quote?

Daka asked on Dec 01, 2018

Hi Daka,
They do free quote but not sure about the free inspection as I had signed the contract with different builder and paid for inspection but i was not happy with that builder so didn't go with him. But I came to masterton and signed the contract and paid deposit as i had a report from other builder so i was not worried about inspection as my land was clear. I went to them differently so i am not sure about whether they do site inspection free or not. Sorry but please check with them.

Yes Masterton I’m pretty sure they do free site inspection. I don’t recall having to pay for anything until we decided on plans. Don’t know what area you are. But if you are on the Coast give Anne McGee a call at Masterton office Woongarah, she is just great to deal with and answer all your queries.

Hi Daka,
Yes, we do free site inspections. You can visit one of our Sales Centres for more information.

Hi All I am building a new home with Masterton in the Newcastle area and I have a few questions for others on how the build went or is going? Also some info on the supervisors as well. Can they be trusted with dates and times etc.

Judy asked on Nov 04, 2018

Answer this

has you contracted your DA to OC to Masterton homes? or just the construction contract?

We are considering building a home in Tomakin, NSW (Bateman's Bay area). I have heard mixed feedback, mostly bad. Before we sign anything, is it fair to request details (in the contract) for house construction completion date and what the compensation will be if there is a delay beyond that date; measurements and exact brands/models for all appliances and fittings such as bath tub, vanity units; who is the kitchen joinery company; how much would it cost for any upgrades to kitchen, wardrobes, etc? I'd like to know all of this information before I sign anything? Is this reasonable to ask?

Tess asked on Oct 29, 2018

Hi Tess,
You can visit our Batemans Bay office to have all your questions answered.

Have given up with [Name Removed] from Bateman’sBay. Their service was disorganized, and they were rude and appeared disinterested.

See all 80 questions about Masterton Homes