Faulty Sunglasses

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

I PURCHASED A PAIR OF MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES. However i didnt wear them as i was reluctant to put them on as they were very annoying. They seemed to be bent on one side so i rang the store a few times, as found it hard to return to the store because of work commitment. I explained to them that i have only worn the sunglasses 3 to 4 times as they felt uncomfortable and so therefore i wasnt wearing the sunglasses . I was so dissapointed with their responce as they were basicall calling me a liar and saying that they would not have left the store (the sunglasses) in that condition, as they throughly inspect them when you buy . The issue i have is that when buying from this store you are buying very expensive sunglasses that numerous other people have tried on and technically these are not brand new , they become demo models. Keep in minds when you have an issue for some unknown reason who ever you speak to when returing to the store, somehow they know exactly what happened and they were not even there - diffused responsibility i would say. when you pay for new sunglasses (that are just under $ 500) you expect to get sunglasses of high quality and sunglasses that you will be able to wear every day should you choose to.
I am very dissapointed with the customer service and appauled at their accusations, as you can visibly see that the sunglasses have hardly been out of the case . I was told by the sales person that this pair of sunglasses can bend very easy so she would offer to try and bend them back in shape. So why do you have numerous people trying them on, and then sell them on as new sunglasses?. I am bringing this to your attention because i think you really need to know. As a consumer we are putting all our trust in the sales person that makes the sale, hoping that she is on her game that day and not distracted, or very busy, to give us a product that is fit for the purpose it was sold.

The most outstanding customer service of any company I know & a brilliant product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

Love my Kula MJ's which I purchased 4 years ago. Same as many other reviews I cracked the lens, sent them in for repair. A week later they were returned FOC. I can't fault this company in any way, the best lenses of any sunnies I have owned & a customer focused attitude which is very rare these days. I certainly would not hesitate to recommend this product or company to anyone in the market for quality sunglasses. Thanks MJ :)

Cannot fault this company!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

I bought a pair of Maui Jims in Hawaii back in 2011. I dropped my glasses and cracked both lenses. I sent them off and they repaired them free of charge !! Amazing service! Although I have a second pair that I bought and they have cracked lenses too. Thanks Maui Jim

Lens replacement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

Purchased my Maui Jim sunglasses in January 2017 in Western Australia.. Accidentally dropped them onto the road and they cracked one of the lenses. I rang Maui Australia They advised me to forward then to NSW and they would look at then. I forwarded them by Toll Priority, within one working day they have advise they have repaired the glasses at no charge and they are on the way back to us in WA. Amazing service Friendly staff such a pleasure to deal with. Thank you Sam Thank you Maui

Thank you for your amazing after sales service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

Best sunglasses I have ever bought, were out of warranty and I dropped them which snapped the hinge away from the arm. I was devasted and went out to buy the exact same model, expecting to have to put the broken ones in the bin. A sales person suggested I get in touch with Maui Jim and that they would repair them. They came back with a brand new frame and no charge!! Thanks so much! You have another customer for life!

Brisbane

Best Customer Service Ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

I sent my husbands MJ's for repair as both lenses were cracked. I received an invoice for $0.00 even though the sunglasses are at least three years old. They even included a new case to avoid what they refer to as "temple run" to a avoid the arms damaging the lenses in the future. We both own a pair of MJ's and they are hands down the best sunglasses out there, and the customer service is outstanding.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Maui Jim Waterman PC8G Sunglasses

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Benefits; Large vents all around the frame allow Water out and mist to evaporate. The shape fits nicely over the contours of my face. Great for Fishing, watersports and driving. Brown tint is excellent in low light conditions. Unlike conventional glasses, these have a neoprene strap across the back of the head which is captive so the glasses will not fall off, instead of the conventional "wings" that hook over your ears, very comfortable. Would have to rate as one of the best Sunglasses I have owned.
Negative; After 23 months of everyday use, the wings broke. The support that runs through the centre of the "wing" is 2mm x 4mm and plastic. Far too light for this application, poor design. I treat all my possessions with care. The sunglasses are now useless. I have requested a new set of wings but so far (1 month) I have had to follow up the dealer with no joy and little action from Maui Jim. For a retail price of $280.00 I expect a better product than what I paid good money for.
Obviously very disapointed in the product and customer service.
After this experience I can't say I would recommend Maui Jim.

Coburg, VIC

• 5 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 20 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

I have just bought a second pair of Maui Jim Hookipa sunglasses. Have had my first pair for over 10 years and they have been everywhere with me - travelled the world a couple of times, on the water, in the car and just walking around town. I fully expect to get the same great service from the second pair, while the first stay in the car. They have been brilliant. In fact the glasses are outlasting the case, would be good to get a new case (need to look into that).

Amazing glasses and after purchase service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2016

I own 3 pairs and have busted 3 pairs at different times, kids, stepping on them etc. Every single time they fixed them free of charge. Would never buy another type now. Oh, and the lenses themselves are the best in the market. Love em to bits.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

I recently received my sunglasses back after sending them to Maui Jim for repair, and to my surprise, my invoice total was zero! Despite my sunglasses being years out of their warranty period, and the damage was 100% user error, and quite obvious that it was. I laid on them, super glued them back together, dropped them multiple times, the wind blew them across the concrete, i laid on them again. I was so hard on them, they were essentially garbage. A coworker told me to send them back to Maui Jim and told me about their outstanding service. It is refreshing to see a company stand behind its product in the way Maui Jim does. There is a lot of companies that could learn a thing or two from them. I have only ever encountered one other company in my life that seems to have similar company values (Arcteryx).

Even a company like Snap-On tools, that makes the “best of the best” tools, expensive, with lifetime warranty, in my experience has created a hassle when it come time to honour that warranty. When a company stands behind their product like Maui Jim does, it really reinforces the customers brand loyalty, and that person will pass that on to everyone they know. It seems Maui Jim is aware that a personal story like this from a friend, hits people harder than any advertisement ever could. Absolute home run. Keep up the good work MJ, people notice these things. My story alone in about one week has already converted about 3 more people to Maui Jims. Plus i went out and bought another pair.... yes, PEAHI. they are my new favorites

Oh, i forgot to mention, the product itself is absolutely fantastic. zero complaints.

customer for life.

• 1 helpful vote

Maui Jim Peahi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

Greatest sunglasses I have ever owned! After sales service is fantastic. I broke a lens and they replaced free of charge almost a year after having glasses. The quality is next level compared to all others. You have to get a pair!

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with after sales service service !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

I had these great sunglasses for half a year when I unfortunately broke a lens, after they dropped on the floor. I sent them back to Maui Jim for repair and they replaced the lenses free of charge. This is how a company succesfully creates a sympathetic image and binds their customers to their brand. Thank you Maui Jim. Mahalo !

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Newport

THE BEST AFTER SALE SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

I can honestly say in my 62 years of living that I have never received such amazing after sale service.
Not once but twice have repaired my glasses.So appreciative I recommend this company to everyone family friends and even strangers in the street.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Maui a great product with excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

I have been wearing maui's for over ten years and fined them durable and soothing on my eyes, simply the best glasses I have worn.
Recently I managed to break a lense which is almost impossible. After much lament I decided to send them to maui for repair. I was able to contact the repair shop by phone and receive personal assistance on the repair and mailing details. My glasses were returned to my door like new and to my amazement free of charge. Maui you now have a customer for life.

Sydney

• 3 answers
Private message

Great product with amazing support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2016

Ive bought many different brands in my little life so far probably over 40 quality glasses, the last ten years have only purchased Maui Jim because there customer support can't not be matched by other brands,
On the water Maui Jim stands alone as a quality product , and if by chance something is wrong they rectify , don't hesitate to purchase you will not be disappointed ,
True Blue seeing clearly

Best lenses yet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2014

I just bought a pair of Maui Jim's Peahi glasses in the gloss black and grey/silver lense. I had bought arnette shorehouse sunglasses to replace my failed Oakley Batwolf's, but after wearing them for a day or so found the optics just weren't as good as my Oakleys, so I decided to take them back and go for something better. My Oakleys had the polarized coating delaminate after only 15 months (the second pair to do this) so I wasn't keen on taking another chance on Oakleys. I had never actually heard of Maui Jim's but all the research I did had nothing but praise for them, so I got them. They are definitely heavier than my Oakleys but quite comfortable none the less. The lense is a bit darker than what I'm used to/prefer, but the clarity and polarizing are amazing. Easily as good as the Oakleys, but with all the benefits of glass lenses. Time will tell regarding durability, but they sure feel high quality. Definitely recommend if you value genuine optical clarity.

+ Optical clarity, amazing polarization, comfortable

- Not cheap but quality

Purchased at: Sunglass Hut

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 40 helpful votes

Great Glasses, BUT terrible customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2013

Amazing glasses, cant describe how good.

The let down is with customer support and service in Australia. Zero out of 10

I broke one of the lenses which was completely my fault. Contacted Maui Jim by email asking for quote. They told me it would be $60 to replace both lenses. I thought that is great.Then realised the email was from the USA. So contacted support by phone in Australia. They told me it would cost $110 for the exact same repair.

There is no justification for this price difference. The explanation from the customer support representative was that that price difference has been in place for 10 years!!!! So she was happy to tell me that for the last 10 years, they have been charging Australians double the price for repairs.

+ Great glasses

- Terrible service

Comments

Doesn't sound like terrible service, but more that you're not happy with the pricing. They've just reduced all their prices in Aus. Everyone charges us more unfortunately.

Im sure you are correct. In any case, with a bit of back and forth, customer service came through and ultimately, am very happy with the outcome. Id love to be able to edit this review but dont see... read more »