Sydney

• 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I replaced a Dolphin M4 which I had for 5 years, with a newer M400. I am using it for the first time today. I can see a big improvement already. I am so happy about the change and would recommend this model. It's so easy to use. Easy to maintain and clean.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

It get stuck easily on the steps of the aquatechnics fibre glass pool

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Got this robot cleaner for cleaning the rectangle shape fibre glass pool for dirt and leaves plus brush the surface of the pool. It get stuck at the corner of the steps very easily which I have to constantly check on it to make sure it is doing its job. I wish I can just switch it on and leave it. Not sure if it is because it is with form rollers in stead of the silicone flips rollers.

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Ryan, you have the correct brushes for your pool type. If you would like some tech support to get your Dolphin performing better in your pool, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will gladly help you.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 18 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Cleaning the pool very very well but damn it's heavy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

We have only had this cleaner for about 3 months and it's our first robotic. (Tiled pool) The bad, it's very heavy, pulling it out of the pool full of water it must be about 15 to 20 kg. The unit weighs 10 kg. My wife couldn't do it plus you are bent over lifting it up. Good; so far doing a fantastic job of cleaning my pool. I get a few leaves but more fine dirt dust and it's excellent. I like that you get two types of filters, one for heavy and one for finer dirt. Very easy to clean the filters and having the filters easily accessible from the top of the unit is a great design. My pool has never looked so clean. Old cleaner was a Hayward pool vac which was running all the time with the pumps being a vacuum unit. I use this about once a week and I'm amazed how much fine dirt and debris it picks up. It really does climb the walls very well, pool coverage very good, misses the corners but I don't see that as an issue, to be expected and I just quickly brush corners then put the cleaner in. No kinks or tangles the swivel cable function works well. The stand is good quality and well designed. I'll update this in 12 months but so far all good, I do love it but seriously needs to be lighter. I bought the cover for the unit and the stand, don't waste your money, buy a good BBQ cover far cheaper and far better quality. I would give it 5 stars for its cleaning but only giving it 4 as it is just so damn heavy.

• 8 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Really great robot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Water is crystal clear and catches everything. It can’t climb my steps unless I reduce the angle on the floaters, that seems to help it climb them easier?? Does everything and is fun to watch. I now want to sbuy the cover to keep it dust free on my patio. Excellent scrubbing.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Factually piece of crap!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

This is a grossly over rated and over priced product. Does not come close to living up to its claims. Shame on me for purchasing it based on over inflated advertisement. Anything else I have to say would be offensive. I only hope no else get suckered on this product or its claims,

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi, we are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for this with every robot we produce. The vast majority of our customers who buy this product pro... read more »

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Owned nine months and really happy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

My experience with this pool cleaner has been different to a number of the other reviewers, maybe the majority of those who write reviews are the unhappy ones? But I have been delighted with our M400 after 9 months of fortnightly use in a smallish concrete rectangular pool. For starters the company staff really tried very hard to help me select the right unit. Secondly the unit does all it is claimed to do — climbs the walls, moves slightly horizontally when it reaches the surface, and covers the pool comprehensively in the 2.5 hour cycle. Negatives? The cable is a little inflexible to rewind, the unit is fairly heavy when lifting out of the water, and the carrying caddy is not a perfect design. I clean the filter cartridges on the unit after each use, which maybe some people do not, and that is a quick exercise. I was originally also critical of the company for the confusing marketing approach they were using in applying different badges to what was essentially the same machine for different distributors. But the M400 I have has done all I expected and more.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Do not buy if your pool is curved in shape or has curved sides!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

What a mistake for the price! My old Creepy-Crawler got around to every corner of my pool, but unfortunately for me this M400 Dolphin gets stuck as soon as it hit the curves. Wheels are spinning and nothing moving!! I took it back to the retailer and complained it was getting stuck. I commented it had the wrong brushes - (they were the foam Wonder brushes(?), instead of the PVC brushes). They said no, I had the right brushes for a fiberglass pool but I had the wrong angle on the handle float. Hogwash - I adjusted it and made no difference. Now, every time I use this M400 I have to keep an eye out so when it gets stuck I have to move it to get it going again. Admittedly, the areas it does clean, it does a good job, but I always use the Ultra-fine filter cartridges instead of the net filters. I just wished it would clean the whole pool and without my intervention to get it going. The advertising for the Dolphin is that you sit back, relax and never have to worry about the pool cleaner. Yeah right!!
I am really sorry that this product is over-priced, over-hyped and over-here...in my pool.

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi, we would love to help you get the best experience with your Dolphin M400. Please call us on 1300 693 657, we are here to help.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2006

Good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Had the same problem threw a golf ball in which sat in the deep end and solved that problem. It ran over the golf ball and sent in on a new direction now cleans both ends of the pool. I have had the same machine for 12 years and it has had an active 12 years in the pool. Replaced motor drive after 6 years

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Kidney Pool

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Just doesn’t work on kidney shaped pool... It may work on a rectangular or square pool but the curved sides on a kidney shaped pool knock the machine out of any pattern to cover the pool. The machine I trialled spent 95% of its time down the deep end of the pool. After a couple of hours I dragged it down to the shallow end but it soon crept down to the other end. Shame, I would love to have a robot cleaner that worked!

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Noel, Please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can help you get the best performance out of your pool. We would love to help you.

Further to my note: I don’t believe that the machine actually maps the pool and systematically cleans the pool as implied by the advertising. My observation is that it’s largely random, steered only by the various weights on the machine.

Maytronics Official

Hi Noel, there are dual features of the M400 that help map your pool. We call these features CleverClean(TM) and Gyroscopic navigation. The CleverClean(TM) system allows the robot to learn how your... read more »

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Don't waste your money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Lasted less than a year and won't even attempt to turn on. Wasn't cleaning the entire pool when it was working, always missed the same part of the pool no matter what setting I used. Really disappointed that it won't even turn on anymore. I was told that this pool cleaner was the best one on the market but I could have bought two of my last pool sweeps and it lasted a whole lot longer than a year.

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Chris, your cleaner is covered by a comprehensive 3 year warranty, we encourage you to contact your retailer or us directly on 1300 693 657 to have your cleaner fixed asap under warranty at no c... read more »

Date Purchased: May 2017

Very unsatisfied!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Very expensive product. Bought it in late May. Stopped working in early July after just a few weeks. We sent it in for "repair" and they held on to it for 2 weeks, replaced some part (drive motor, I think), and then called and said it was fixed. When I brought it home it still was not working at all!!!

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Lmt, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with your Dolphin M400. We want to make this right for your so you can experience how good the product can be. This sounds very unusual and w... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Maytronics Supreme M4

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Worked well for about a month. Then left small dirt on bottom. We bought it last summer and this summer didn't clean that well and the end of June it completely quit working. Won't turn on or anything. Messaged customer service and we still have heard nothing from them. Do not think it was worth the money considering it only worked for 1 summer. Also very disappointed we heard nothing back from customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi, please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can definitely help you quickly. Please note that we believe your cleaner falls inside the warranty period and shouldn’t incur any costs associated with re... read more »

Maytronics Official

Hi, I believe you are up an running again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Dead after less than a year

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Blue power lights come on for 2 seconds then goes off. Checked all outlets and ground fault. Cleaned filters still doesn't work--not happy! Checked all troubleshooting info i could find, nothing works. Hope this is not a bad sign of things to come. Would expect more than one year of service!

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi William, best option is to call us on 1300 693 657 so we can help you and get some further details. Your cleaner is under warranty so you have some peace of mind.

Lethbridge

Date Purchased: May 2015

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Just started with our third season with the M4; first year it would not climb the pool walls effectively and would not break the surface of the water to clean the water line. Sent it back under warranty and didn't receive it back until the end of the pool season. The M4 cleans about 70 percent of the pool and no matter what settings are selected it seems to clean the same spots repeatedly and missed large sections. It doesn't clean the corners but wasn't expecting it to as it's a residential model and not a commercial version. The robot that my pool supply store loans out is 10 years old and has been abused and is twice the cleaner as the M4, it's also a Dolphin so I thought I made a good purchase. Disappointed with my purchase, wish I had went with either a commercial model or different manufacturer all together. Maytronics only allows the local pool supply store to service the commercial models and not the residential ones which is very disappointing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi, we would like to follow-up with your experience. I would like to connect you with a technical person as there are many variables which can effect performance. Our dealers are certainly trained ... read more »

ocean shores

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Turns itself off.....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

We purchased the Dolphin Supreme M4 just on three years ago, as soon as we got it the machine started turning itself off 10 seconds after it has been turned on...so we always need to restart it.We purchased it from Byron Bay and as we live in Ocean Shores the Dolphin has to be sent to the Gold Coast for any warranty work.Because of this we decided to wait until we got a service under warranty and get it all done at once.I had lost track of time and just realised that the warranty ran out just 3 months ago so I contacted Maytronics on 0732729633 today to ask if they would still honour the warranty on the machine and I was told "bad luck".I am very disappointed with the after sale service and feel that a company of this size should have better customer relations!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Allan, we always recommend as soon as you think there is a problem with your cleaner to contact us at Maytronics - we do try our best to help every customer. Had you contacted us when you purcha... read more »

We replied to the Maytronics official as soon as we received his e mail and have had no contact since

Maytronics Official

Hi Alan, we have offered free labour to fix any out of warranty issue with your cleaner as a gesture of customer service, but are waiting to receive your contact details as requested so we can arra... read more »

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Excellent cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2017

After purchasing this, I couldn't ever own a pool without having one of these. Makes my life so much easier, now I can get on to the other outside jobs whilst this cleans the pool for me. Cleaning the robot takes 2 mins before I put it away in the garage.
Expensive at 3k but honestly for the fact it makes my life easier, it's worth it.
Only negative I have is that since I've purchaed it over a year and a half ago, absolutely no communication from the Maytronics company, no emails no phone calls no post asking if I'm happy. Other brand names like Miele for my white goods are in constant contact.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Worked for 1.5 seasons and now won't turn on anymore.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

Worked for 1.5 seasons and will no longer turn on. What a waste of money. Tried everything. For this kind of money it should be better quality then this. Now I have to attempt their warranty process and see if they will live up to their warranty promises. Sad that this happens.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Franco G, we will help you fix the issue and get your Dolphin working to satisfaction. I will send you a private message to ensure you are supported properly through this process. This is a reli... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

Had mine for over 2.5 years now. Use it 1 to 2 times a week. Have a 75,000 pebble crete surface (concrete pool). Never misses a beat. I always take my bot out - rinse it off and store it out of the sun. Keeps it looking and operating like new. Don't leave it in the pool and store out of the sun -that is the trick to it lasting many a year. Sure, it involves a bit of effort to put it in the pool, take it out the pool - rinse it off and clean the filters and store the bot - but - if you want top notch cleaning and a pool that is pipe free for when you swim - then this is the machine. I researched very carefully - this is defiantly the best bot in my opinion. The top loaded filters make it so easy to take in and out. Every so now and then - I have to remove the screw on top of the bot to get to the top fan to remove some dirt or weed or whatever that has wrapped around the blade. Some simply care and maintenance is all that is required. I am no handyman - so very easy to use.

Bloody Bonza Mate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2015

Originally had the M3, but found it got caught in the corners of my pool. Was given a full refund on my upgrade to the M4 and have never looked back. Excellent and recommended to anyone. Mine is a 10m x 4m concrete pool. Cudos to Aqua Service Nowra who sold me the original and upgraded Dolphin.

Awesome after sales service - up and running in no time with a replacement part

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2015

Is the m4 the best cleaner in the world - I dont know. But I do know it works better than my old creepy and by doing it by hand. I am impressed by the silting that it gets off the bottom of my pool floor. I didnt even know it was there. I did a lot of research and bought about 11 months ago. Then one day it stopped working. I though I had better get on to this as the warranty is probably over. I emailed Maytronics with a query of what to do. I was responded to quickly by Jon - to my surprise he was amazingly helpful. In no time he had diagnosed the problem and dispatched the replacement part to my home. This morning I fitted it and it worked again. I was so delighted that I wanted to share. Is it the best cleaner? - I still dont know. Is the after sales support excellent - absolutely. Thanks Maytronics and Jon - what could have been a bitter experience is a customer converted for life!

1 of 2 pages