Review rating:

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Probably the Best Robot available

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

This is my third Robot. Starting with the Zodiac V3 - good, then an AstralPool RTX - better, and now i have the Maytronics S300i. Obviously they all get better with evolving technology but the S300i really is miles ahead of the pack. Great smart phone connectivity and a really effective cleaner. Been in the pool for 8 months now which i know they say is not the right thing to do but what evs... Been tracking around cleaning the pool without fault, i dont use the timer any more, i just turn it on with my iphone when i see the pool is dirty from the bedroom window!! So cool. And the little light on the front makes night time running cool also...
Very good product so far..

Comments
Maytronics Official

Thanks for your review, please get in touch if there is anything we can do to help.

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

WOW - An expensive boat anchor.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Very disappointed with this pool cleaner. Was told how good and reliable they were by the supplier, however had had trouble with it after 12 months not cleaning the pool properly and stopping intermittently. When I rang and advised of the issues was told it more than likely my pool walls and a dirty filter on the unit.

Now it is out of warranty it has stopped completely and has issues that require a new drive motor. Very disappointed Maytronics as I believe the motor has been on the way out whilst under warranty.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Matt C, we at Maytronics are sorry to hear about this experience. We would like to look into this to see how we can help turn your experience around. We will send you a private message to connect.

Thanks will wait to hear from you.

Maytronics Official

Hi Matt, your message should be in your Product Review inbox.

melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

i bought this 9 months ago as i was sick of using a basic suction cleaner which would jam up with certain leaves which are unfortunately common in my pool. My alternative was using vacumn hose which you can imagine is a vertitable PITA. What a labour saver! And it keeps pool clean. Mind you it is best/advisable to take it out of pool after use and rinse filters every time. I also rinse whole machine given my pool is salt based. As to leaves it can suck up quite a few in its collection system due to the suction, of course if you get a lot of leaves you can pick some up with scoop to makes easier.It has a 2 year guarantee btw.
I looked at a few at home show and while many promise to work if you get problems backup is important and not all are easy or amenable when it gets to that situation.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ivanhoe

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Spotless pool, great investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

I was looking at getting a robot for the pool for quite some time. It's a relatively new pool (less than 2 years old) so i did my research, and with some advice from my local pool store, i ended up getting a Maytronics s300i. I'm a pretty fussy guy, i like my pool spotless, and the little robot makes it sparkle every clean. I've been using the unit since November, and i couldn't be happier.

I've sat down with a beer on more than one occasion, just to watch the little guy race around the pool.

The filters are easy to clean, and this one is a lot lighter than the other ones i was shown in the store. The timers are easy to set, and the phone app means i can change the timers and even turn the unit on from the livingroom! The instructions were easy to understand, even if they were a little simple, and the whole thing was in the pool and working in about 10 mins, so it's very easy. The kids named it Toby after our old neighbour's dog, so it's even got a name.

I followed the poolshop's advice, don't watch it clean the first time, becuase it's meant to be learning the pool, and it looked very dumb the first clean. But once it learned the pool it started zooming around like a champ.
Its expensive, but totally worth it. 5 stars.