Generations:
Filter By:

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: GT Engine Size: 2.5L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2018

$500 to retrofit android auto / apple carplay on 2 month old car - Ridiculous!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

After receiving my brand new Mazda CX-5 GT only 2 months ago i'm now being asked to pay an additional $500 to retrofit android auto/ apple carplay unit which now comes standard on the CX-5. You'd think for people that have recently purchased a CX-5 (ie, in the last 6 months) that they would as a courtesy offer to upgrade the entertainment unit for free or at the very least a subsided price.

Very disappointing as i was expecting more from Mazda.

Will I buy a Mazda again? Hmmm, not so sure now.

Verified Purchase Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Beware! When driving in rainy conditions you can’t bloody see out the windscreen. The angle of the windscreen holds the water even when you have the highest speed working. It’s a new car with new windscreen wipers.
After owning lots of cars this is far the worst.
Absolute nightmare to drive in the wet. Death trap
Love to hear from other owners if they experienced the same problem

Generation: KE.II (2015-2016) Badge: Maxx Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Fantastic safety features

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Used every day about 70-80 k a day. Truly an Suv which is hard to beat for safety features and at the same time great looks all around. Servicing is capped for 3 years and is reasonable priced. One irritation is its very occasional habit of not restarting immediately when engaging gear at traffic lights whilst in skyactiv mode. But otherwise a great car.

Perth, W.A.

Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Engine Size: 2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2018

LOVE my New Car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Parkland Mazda, W.A. were the great people who sold me my first New Car last week. I absolutely LOVE this Car, and can't believe its mine, its such a pleasure to drive - very economical, very light on the steering and whisper quiet. A/C and Sound is great, along with the stylish interior. Turbo Diesel is also very economical and highly recommended. I recommend this Car thoroughly - you won't be sorry you chose it! Thanks Parkland Mazda.

• 18 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Engine Size: 2.5L Petrol Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Great car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Use this car every day. Typical Mazda no issues. Not a race car but looks great and goes well. Service is expensive at a dealer, but its worth it knowing you will have trouble free driving for years to come. Love the car and will buy Mazda again for sure.

Melbourne

Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Best car I’ve ever owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

We use this car for family transport mainly. Often driving several hours to the county and back. We chose to do capped servicing with Mazda. I can’t fault this car. It’s been brilliant and the service at Mazda fantastic. I think we will probably need to upgrade to the cx9 when we have a second car.

melbourne

Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.5L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

THE BEST!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Car for everyday commuting and weekend trips with the family and dog. No issues so far. A lovely upgrade with a navman, entertainment options, dashboard screen and controls in the mid section. The controls are a great change to the normal layout as it is less distracting and closer to arms length.

Melbourne

Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Perfect-

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I love my Mazda what can I say I love it I love it. One thing that I’m not happy with is the air con and heating and the boot. But I love it it is a great car and great with petrol. Thank you Mazda I’m in love. The family also love it I have 2 children so it is very spacious.

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Generation: KE.I (2012-2014) Badge: Grand Touring Engine Size: 2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Radio headset.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

The entertainment unit whe n playing music from usb memory always restarts thebsame song every time the car is resarted.
Divers you insane.
Car is fantastic for towing our van. Economy is great.Good driving position. But the door closure warning light does not indicate which door is not closed properly.

Generation: KE.II (2015-2016) Badge: Maxx Sport Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I purchased a second hand 2015 model this year and I’m in love! In my opinion, it’s the perfect size - heaps of room for passengers and heaps of boot space without being too big that it’s hard to park. Really comfortable to drive, really quiet and reaaaaally cheap to run. I previously had a corolla and they’re close to each other with fuel consumption. I would 100% recommend this!

NORTH NOWRA

Private message

Generation: KE.II (2015-2016) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.5L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2017

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

This car is perfect for my needs as a young busy working mum.
It drives quietly and safely.
my only complaint about the interior is the push button is on the left which is not convenient when you have bags to scoop up from the passenger seat but other than that it fits myself, the shopping and the kids in it very comfortably.
The kids love that they can attach their music via bluetooth too.
I have always been a Mazda owner and this car has been no exception to their reliability and comfort - as well as looking very snazy!
Fuel is quite economical also as it is E10 compatible.

Lilyfield

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: GT Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Issue with navigation system in Mazda's

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

We found the Navigation System does not work properly with Mazda cars. We have a Mazda CS 6 Sedan as well and have the same issues. We have to use our mobile phone navigation instead. The Navigation system does not connected and can be an issue if you travel without a mobile phone.

Chisholm

Private message

Generation: KE.I (2012-2014) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Decent car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

We bought the CX 5 Max sport model for its ungraded features. We found that the tint that the installation team added was below par so I would recommend you do that aspect yourself.

Overall a smooth drive, not jerky with the breaks. We have owned it for over 5 years and with regular services we haven’t had a problem. In fact the low tyre pressure warning system saved my life on an outback drive one year, if this had not have gone off I would have been stranded heavily pregnant in the middle of nowhere.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: KE.I (2012-2014) Badge: Akera Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Best Car I Have Ever Bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Purchased my Mazda CX5 in August 2014 from John Newel Mazda - Alexandria. Comfortable, easy to drive, very economical on fuel. The interior is luxurious without the price tag. It is a medium size SUV, providing adequate legroom, boot storage and a feeling of being a sturdy safe car. After service at John Newel brilliant....high focus on customer experience. I will continue to purchase Mazda vehicles from this dealership in future as will my family.

Generation: KE.II (2015-2016) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2016

Worst Servicing Issues Non Resolved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Purchased Brand New CX-5 2016 Maxx Sport from Mount Gravatt Mazda - from day 1 vehicle generated a noise while reversing and turning left. Notified Mazda immediately by phone and told they will look at it in first service. First service, we could not fault. Second Service during road test, noise was duplicated - returned vehicle advised done all they could - drove out, went back to work reverse park and noise still present. Told Mazda and said to come back in, have done few services and still no resolve. Most recent service - I dealt with the Service Manager - they faulted the noise again - was told that they checked everything. Service Manager went on to explain that this noise was completely normal on all their models - I asked to test drive other cars to replicate noise - we drove in a Mazda 3 - could not duplicate the noise after 10 mins of trying (Service Manager driving). I asked to try other CX-5 however was told they had none? although this is a dealership? Was then told by the Service Manager that he would organise a technician from Mazda head office - this will reassure me that this noise is completely normal. I asked for this in writing to give me comfort that if this fault eventuates into something worse after warranty that this will still be covered, I was refused and told he could not do that.

The vehicle after more than 2 years, still continues to make the noise. I have provided videos, I have done numerous driving sessions with the mechanic. The most disappointing thing out of all this is the lack of care for their customers post purchase. I never received a call from anyone from head office in relation to organising a drive with any technician. Appalling service - safe to say I will never purchase a Mazda again nor will I purchase anything from Upper Mount Gravatt.

Mackay

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: KE.I (2012-2014) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Such a good mum car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

I love this car. We bought it when we found out I was pregnant as an upgrade from my small Elantra. I love driving this car around, it is so smooth, comfortable and spacious. The pram fits in the boot with plenty of room to spare. I love having a reverse camera too. Very happy with this purchase!

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: KE.I (2012-2014) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2012

Still loving my Mazda

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

6 years on Im still loving my cx5. Its economic on petrol and the big boot has been handy with the kids bikes and trips away. Its the second Mazda I've bought and they are so reliable and they drive well.

Red cliffs

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Engine Size: 2.5L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Could not fault car had for 12months

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

This car is so reliable never missed a beat and fuel consumption is great I fill up once a fortnight at 70 dollars, Mazda has outdone themselves the transition is smooth and very quite first services are capped so that’s always a plus, long trips are comfortable for adults and children.

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Verified Purchase Generation: KF (2017-2018) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.0L Petrol Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Disappointing fuel consumption

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I have purchased CX-5 Maxx Sport FWD 2.0 Litre engine car before 3 months from an authorised Mazda dealer.

My odometer is at 3800+ Km. During this period, my petrol consumption never fell below 11.5 L/100KM even when driving in highways. The advertised Urban rate is 8.1L/100KM. The fuel consumption of this little engine is just crazy ( I barely use the aircon or the heater).

In addition to this, the exhaust white smoke is excessive in comparison with any other car that I have seen or driven before (during hot or cold weather). Needless to say that the exhaust white smoke is very dense on a cold start.

If you ever consider purchasing this car, never go for the 2.0 Litre engine. It is way worse than what you can imagine. It is too weak and it works really hard to give you a day-to-day decent drive.

The car infotainment system flickers intermittently and the car is just 3 months old. The problem with intermittent issues is that it is difficult to show. I have to live with it till it breaks for good.

Darwin

• 1 review
Private message

Generation: KE.I (2012-2014) Badge: Maxx Sport Engine Size: 2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2012

Lemon is an understatement.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Long term review for anyone that wants to purchase a Mazda CX-5. Save your money and purchase something else. Numerous sensor faults causing the car to limp or stop. At 80,000 KM blew a turbo. Not a single service they pick another fault from ruptured common rail fuel lines at a cost of $1000 to repair. The car is just at 130000 km engine mount bolts have ruptured and power steering is about to go according to the service department. Nothing but drama with the CX-5 and all Mazda could offer was one free service and an extended 12 months warranty. Wasn’t really worth the year off the road over 5 years.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes