Generations:

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 34 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Badge: Azami LE Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Good but not great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Went from Kia Sorento to this and after 3 weeks I preferred my KIA

Things that annoy me
1/. No road side assistance with new car purchase "unless you pay"
2/. Sun roof makes wind buffering noise as no net at front of sunroof. So very noisy and have to close when over 80kms
3/. No radio station indicator of channel or station when in NAV on screen
4/. Very easy to wheel spin front wheels for over 4 seconds. for AWD I expect much better
5/. uses 12-14kms per 100... nowhere near the 8 in brochure
6/. Fuel cap indicator icon around wrong way
7/. Bluetooth on phone gets choppy noise like a popping noise regularly
8/. No cigarette power adaptor in center console or middle.. only on left passenger side.
9/. android auto constantly locks up and freezes for 5-8 seconds when using voice commands.
10/. MP3's always goto next track 2 seconds before end or track.
11/. Heated steering wheel very slow to heat up.. around 4-6 mins. and only very small portion on sides are heated.
12/. No lumbar support
13/. arrangement of lights on dash very hard to see as most below steering wheel line of site
14/. steering wheel very heavy and makes gear noises when turning.
15/. Also had issues with lane keep assist in rain. constantly kept trying to stear the car back into lane and was very unnerving.. until I figured out howto turn off. Even Mazda dealer didn't relise the car did this!

Overall not very impressed and having buyers regret wishing I got the Santa FE or Sorento.
Very thristy and lacking that design layout thats practical. Find myself getting annoyed by the very front wheel dominance drive and layout and functionality.

I was very excited to get a top of the line Azami but after 3 weeks not feeling enthusiastic for brand.
Im hoping it grows on me.

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Okay - stay away from Melville Mazda

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Car is okay - have had it for nearly a year now. Navigation system is a nightmare. I no longer use it as it often takes you the longest route possible. It is frustrating and difficult to programme so I am back to the google maps on the phone.
Bluetooth feature works well. It picks up a paired phone easily.
Visibility is limited. Lots of blind spots and it feels dark and close. If you are tall make sure you sit and test drive. We didnt have my 6ft 3" husband test drive and he feels quite restricted in the drivers seat.
All in all an okay car. Do not buy from Melville Mazda. Worst customer service. The manager was unbelievably rude and unhelpful and if I could have pulled out of the sale I would have. I will never buy another Mazda again after dealing with him.

Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Smart looking but over rated

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I love the look of our Mazda CX-9 Only 55.000 km
The interior is lever though after only 5 years has cracked also the steering wheel
To be honest it’s not as comfortable as I thought I the middle & back seats
The air con doesn’t travel to the back

The air con flooded once
And now it sounds like it’s in over drive with gear issues

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Mt eliza

Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Classic Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Uhh its ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I like the handling and performance but it breaks down easily and it is really loud I have the aircon e because the vents break easily but the speaker are absoulty amazing and the blue tooth connection is so good it comes through perfectly almost every time overall it is a goo car but it's has some major issues

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Good car with shortcomings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Drives reasonably, perhaps ordinary for. $55k car being a luxury model (mid range). Has some great features such as lots of space, especially for 3rd row and big boot size if 3rd row is folded down, tilt side mirrors while reversing, sun roof, reasonable music system, large wheels, rain sensor wipers, leather interiors, heated front seats, dual climate control. Downside fuel thirsty, noisy for a car at that price range, bluetooth has very poor integration with IPhone. Making a phone call takes multiple steps an annoying feature, GPS maps are never upgraded despite MAZDA claiming its service gives the advantage

• 1 review

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2017

The Sports model seats are extremely uncomfortable

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Having owned my new CX9 Sports for approx 3 months I have finally figured out why I am so uncomfortable in the vehicle when driving for anymore than 30mins. The seats are 3cm narrower than the high model vehicles, and 3cm narrower than both the mazda 3 and a corolla. For a car worth over 45k this is really disappointing. DO NOT buy a Sports model.

• 1 review
Private message

Great car but a gas guzzler

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2013

This s a great looking car fir a family SUV but had a few negatives that Mazda should fix such ad :
- horrid fuel consumption
- feet room in front passenger seat . Conversion to RHD has left us Aussies we little space in the footwell
- roof a bit low for tall drivers

+ Style, handling

- Fuel use, front footwell space