Generations:
Filter By:

Goulburn

Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

This is our daily drive. We do more than a 1000km a month. The CX9 is a very comfortable car with great safety features. The 7 seat option is the best around. Comfy even for adults in the third row, and easy to get in and out.
Stack of room in the boot.

Sydney

Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great 7 seaters for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Had mine for more than a year now. The AWd fully optioned. I agree with most of the posu]it I’ve reviews.
Plus
- quiet comfortable to drive
- third row is full seat and relatively easy to access.
- small engine but drives well up the hill, highway and city.
- good fuel economy for the size.
- cheap service. (Compared to similar size German SUV like Audi Q7).
This is a long and wide car.

Wish list
- door should auto lock once driven
- CD players.... yes i still want my CD players.

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2013

Classy economy but feels luxurious

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

This car drives so smoothly and beautifully. Going on 4 years and never had a problem. The interior feels so spacious and roomy. Dashboard features look gently blended into the care and easy on the eyes, not coarse.
In long distance, it loves its drink. you tend to forget this if you are driving around the suburb.

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Sport Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

Great 7 seater

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

This is the first Mazda we brought and we will never regret it not only do you get a great drive but you feel like your in a top of the range car. The space for kids is great the boot space is very large in fact better then others. Safety gear is on point to

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2017

Excellent 7 Seater with great styling at a good price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I love the styling, interior comfort/space, fuel economy and the quietness of the car. There is decent space behind the third-row seat which can even fit a pram. The boot space beat other people mover like Toyota Tarago, Honda Odyssey because this car is more than 5m long. The second row can fit 2 children car seats and an adult in the middle. The 2.5L petrol turbo engine is decent and quiet, but it will be better if there is a diesel engine option.

If you want a good looking and comfortable 7 seater SUV at a great price, go check out this great car. I highly recommend it.

melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Amazing car!amazing drive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

The feel and drive is smooth. Legroom is very good, handling also amazing.
Noise is very less. Interiors look very classy
This car is the best SUV in the same price range

Downside: petrol thirsty , preferred a analog speedometer and the back camera line guidance is not very good

Brisbane

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great car for the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

We've had this car now for 2 months after replacing our Toyota Kluger Grande which we had for several years as our primary family mover. We bought the GT model in AWD which adds a few quality of life features and aesthetic upgrades over the lower grades. I never really bought into the safety features of cars until I had a family and i can tell you, this thing has avoided a couple of potential dust ups already; The autonomous emergency braking (which is available on all the CX9 models) pulled us up when we were cut off by a driver on their phone and one turning out from a driveway and not looking where they were going. Not until you experience this feature for real, do you appreciate how safe this car is designed to be. I joke with my wife that its almost impossible to crash this thing.

The car looks great, drives smooth and is very quiet in the cabin - much quieter than any other SUV we tested in this price range. Middle row can accommodate adults easily, the 3rd row is kids only for long trips or adults for short stints. Boot space is still functional with the 3rd row up, a few shopping and school bags fit in their with ease.

No dramas with the engine and it is quite punchy on the highway and around town when needed.

The only drawback to this car is that it is big, the trade off for being so spacious inside - parking has taken some time to get used to but it has an excellent rear parking camera and the GT comes with front and rear parking sensors. As the car has high window sills, and thick pillars it also has some bigger blind spots but this is negated partly by blind spot alert - you get used to it.

If you are reading this review you are probably tossing up between the CX9 and the other usual suspects - Kluger, Sorrento, Pathfinder etc. We looked at them all but most are just face lifts or slight evolutions from previous models. The CX9 feels like a much more expensive car then its competition and packs alot of features into a car you can get into for a reasonable amount. Plus, its the best looking out of the above mentioned options.

Private message

MY2017 model Mazda CX-9 Touring - Fantastic family car, very impressive and comfortable!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Hubby and I purchased this car in December 2017 after our family had oit grown our X-Trail. Purchasing the ne model CX9 Grand Touring was a bit of a, “No Brainer” for us. We have purchased several Mazda’s over the years and have a Mazda 3 (2011) as our family runabout. The only reason we purchased the X-Trail was because we wanted a medium size car, at the time, with 7 seats.
Fast forward 4 years and our family needed a larger vehicle. The car drives like a dream and has plenty of guts with the new 2.5L turbo engine, both around town and on the Highway. The Grand Touring model comes with the leather option which, is very convenient with small kids. Technology wise, it is very user friendly and has everything you would expect from a vehicle of this caliber. We have had the car for just over two months now and I am yet to find a fault with the car or an addition we would have liked. I do a lot of running around with the kids and I have to say that I have been very impressed with the fuel economy on such a big car.
The kids are loving the aircon in the back seats and riding a bit higher on the road. Another feature they love is the auxiliary plug in the middle of the passenger seats, to ensure the IPAD stays charged during long trips. Hubby and I are pretty happy about that too!
If you get a chance to drive the new CX9 Grand Touring, you will see why it has won so many awards and deservedly so.
We purchased our vehicle through Penfolds Mazda in Burwood and as long as we continue servicing with them, we will maintain a 5 year warranty which, we were very pleased with. Overall, we are extremely happy with the CX9 and are loving the extra space to drive around the kids with all their gear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Awesome car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Been driving for 12 months now. I love the driving experience. Running costs are quite low and it is very reliable.

It is full of great features like cruise control, auto city braking, reverse assist, electronic brakes, sat nav, keyless entry.

I would recommend it to families with kids.

Sydney

Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Super car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Worth the price you paid for. I got the version with AWD, Sun roof, Leather Seat, and Bose audio system.
It feels very high tech, design is almost perfect.
Turbo engine also very powerful, never had the sluggish feeling like CX-5 does.
Only thing is the third passenger row is not very spacious (like Kia Carnival), but if you don't constantly have passengers on the third row, it should be a perfect car for you.

Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Luxury

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

Mazda CX-9.
Looks and feels amazing-the dash lights up perfectly-interior is very comfortable and can not find a fault to the design, heated seats. Perfect for bug families ,Very spacious no matter where your seating, performance is AAA+
Very smooth drives in the CX-9’s.

Mazda CX-9 is Definitely a head turner.
LOVE IT

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Banksia Grove

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Great family SUV!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

So far so good. Love the LED headlights! Great safety features. Great 3rd row seating.
Only cons so far: 1.No auto door lock functions. 2.No rear split glass option. 3.Headlight has to be manually turned on in the rain (my previous vehicle turns on headlight after 7 sweeps of the wiper). 4.For a vehicle of this price, no LED DRLs in the lesser 2 models.

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Perfect Family SUV

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

The 2017 Mazda CX-9 GT (MY18) is probably one of the best value for money SUV in the category of 7 seaters today. Excellent technology combined with excellent handling and performance making driving the car an absolute pleasure. Sleek interiors and finish gives the CX-9 a luxury feel. Also loaded with most of the high end features as compared to the Azami apart from the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Dep/Maint Assist, the GT still feels like the top end CX-9. Pretty impressive safety features with active blind spot detection and warning, Traffic Sign Recognition, Speed Camera Warning etc.
Economical on the fuel consumption in comparison with the immediate contender, the Toyota Kluger.
Decent leg room overall and even for the third row seats provides comfortable ride for two adults for local trips.Plenty of boot place with the third row folded down.
Highly recommended for anyone looking for a 7 seater family SUV with a feeling of luxury in this class.

sydney

• 3 comments
Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Excellent family car, big third row space

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Comparing with other 7 seater car, CX9 has generous third row space, it can easily fit a adult comfortably. The center console in cx9 is modern, and easy to use. The car is very quiet when driving, this is helpful especially I have a 6 weeks old baby in the car.

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Excellent family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Was sceptical to begin with but now a complete convert. Our 7 seater CX-9 is a great family car with plenty of space for our 5 member family, great looks and excellent technology. We also have a Mercedes-Benz as the alternative car and yet the Mazda is becoming the car if choice for most family activities. Fuel efficiency is not perfect but then again it is a heavy 7 seater car even though it drives and feels like a mid size SUV.

Ormeau

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2016

I LOVE my CX9 - perfect for the larger family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Having been a Mazda lover all my life and upgrading from the CX5 the jump to the CX9 after baby 3 was a push with the worry it would be too big to manage. It turns out it's just as easy to drive as the CX5 and Mazda 3. It has more power and is far more responsive than the CX5 was making it an impressive upgrade. It is quiet, smooth to drive and the safety features are incredible. The blindspot detect is handy especially when the back row of seating is occupied. Fuel economy is great too. Would buy another in a heart-beat.

Wollongong

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2016

dream family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

the performance is so good, it is easy to forget the size of the vehicle. the same goes for handling, its light and easy to steer, doesnt roll around corners.
there is SO much room in these cars - both in width of the interior and height. Plus with the cupholders for everyone and rear a/c being a bonus.
Have found to get around 500km to a tank of fuel, with mostly city driving.

Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Classic Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Love everything about it. Fits a family of six with luggage for family trips. The only 7 seater that has legroom in the third row. We checked them all as we didnt want a mini van.
Heaps of room.
Good performance for a huge car.
Nicely appointed, feels very european in quality.

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great family vehicle with loads of fun but could have been perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

The handling is outstanding; it doesn't feel like driving a 7 seats, and more like a sedan. The steering wheel is very accurate and light. Good modern features assist not only safety but also driving experience.
Running cost has been somewhat reasonable; with average 10.5 l/ 100k running on Unleaded 91.

There is a gap between 3rd row(when folded down) and 2nd row; stuff can often fall to the gap when left them in the cargo space. Also it doesn't have automatic folding side mirrors even in the top model.

• 1 question
  • 4 answers

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

The car is perfect !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

We got our Mazda CX-9 signature and I'm very happy I love everthyng about this car from he leather color to the way it drives .. more than enough legroom .. was nice if the moonroof was bigger ! Otherwise I love it .. the best car I ever driven !!!

1 of 3 pages