Generations:
Filter By:

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2017

MY2017 model Mazda CX-9 Touring - Fantastic family car, very impressive and comfortable!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Hubby and I purchased this car in December 2017 after our family had oit grown our X-Trail. Purchasing the ne model CX9 Grand Touring was a bit of a, “No Brainer” for us. We have purchased several Mazda’s over the years and have a Mazda 3 (2011) as our family runabout. The only reason we purchased the X-Trail was because we wanted a medium size car, at the time, with 7 seats.
Fast forward 4 years and our family needed a larger vehicle. The car drives like a dream and has plenty of guts with the new 2.5L turbo engine, both around town and on the Highway. The Grand Touring model comes with the leather option which, is very convenient with small kids. Technology wise, it is very user friendly and has everything you would expect from a vehicle of this caliber. We have had the car for just over two months now and I am yet to find a fault with the car or an addition we would have liked. I do a lot of running around with the kids and I have to say that I have been very impressed with the fuel economy on such a big car.
The kids are loving the aircon in the back seats and riding a bit higher on the road. Another feature they love is the auxiliary plug in the middle of the passenger seats, to ensure the IPAD stays charged during long trips. Hubby and I are pretty happy about that too!
If you get a chance to drive the new CX9 Grand Touring, you will see why it has won so many awards and deservedly so.
We purchased our vehicle through Penfolds Mazda in Burwood and as long as we continue servicing with them, we will maintain a 5 year warranty which, we were very pleased with. Overall, we are extremely happy with the CX9 and are loving the extra space to drive around the kids with all their gear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Smart looking but over rated

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I love the look of our Mazda CX-9 Only 55.000 km
The interior is lever though after only 5 years has cracked also the steering wheel
To be honest it’s not as comfortable as I thought I the middle & back seats
The air con doesn’t travel to the back

The air con flooded once
And now it sounds like it’s in over drive with gear issues

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Awesome car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Been driving for 12 months now. I love the driving experience. Running costs are quite low and it is very reliable.

It is full of great features like cruise control, auto city braking, reverse assist, electronic brakes, sat nav, keyless entry.

I would recommend it to families with kids.

Sydney

Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Super car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Worth the price you paid for. I got the version with AWD, Sun roof, Leather Seat, and Bose audio system.
It feels very high tech, design is almost perfect.
Turbo engine also very powerful, never had the sluggish feeling like CX-5 does.
Only thing is the third passenger row is not very spacious (like Kia Carnival), but if you don't constantly have passengers on the third row, it should be a perfect car for you.

Perth WA

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 29 answers
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

It’s a Dream car, we have rejected Audi Q7 for it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Absolutely a delight to drive.
Not to mention enough torque and ability to pull a 2plus tonne vehicle.
We have tried allot of vehicles but nothing came close to the cx9.
As much as I hate the badge on them, it’s a dream to drive.
I hate diesels, their pick ups their sound, their ability to cause lung cancer

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2018

3 months and 4,000km have done since new purchase. So for so good. It's got very stylish exterior and interior. It drives and handles very well even for me (I drove many sports sedans and coupes recently when I was young). Plenty of power even though there is only 4 cylinder 2.5 litre turbo engine available for such a big SUV (thanks to turbo charger) You can easily take over other vehicles on highways. Average fuel consumption is 8.6L/100km on the clock since new. I live in Adelaide metro area and mainly drive around city. (but remember there is not much traffic jam in Adelaide metro area) I can't say something about reliability as I own this car only for 3 months. Most modern cars (especially Japanese cars) don't have big issues with reliability. Only time will tell about reliability. My only concern about reliability is the turbo system. Mazda's CX-7 has had a lot of problem with turbo system failure. Hope this won't happen to CX-9.

However, there are few down sides on the vehicle especially as a family SUV. Firstly, there is no air vent for the third row and on top of that, air-conditioning power is not as strong as other Japanese cars. Third row occupants may suffer when outside is over 35 degree. Secondly room for third row isn't generous enough. It probably fit two adult for a short trip, but that is it. You can't expect you can have two adults on the third row for a long journey and even for kids. There is also problem with cargo space. You may not have enough room for luggage for 7 people when all three rows up especially for few days of long trip. Also, you'll have long cargo area when 2nd and 3rd rows are fold, but there is height limit due to a room for spare tyre under third row seats. I could easily carry 7kg washing machine with my previous Rav4, but not with CX-9. Finally, even though it still drives beautifully, you can still feel turbo lacks under certain circumstances.

The title of this article is great value for money. I purchased 'sports' trim which is very entree level of 4 badges (sports, touring, GT and Azami) Even though it is basic trim, sports trim comes with satellite navigation, climate control air conditioning, auto folding mirror and most importantly, its got all safety features including emergency stop with auto braking up to 80km/h, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert. You can't get this much features with any other entree level models from other makers. (e.g. Kluger or Pathfinder, etc.) If you don't have enough budget, so have to choose entree level trim, CX-9 is the best value for money. Looking for a stylish mid to large SUV with occational use of 7 seats capacity? CX-9 would be perfect car for you, however, if 7 seats capacity is the main reason why you are interested in CX-9, go back and check other cars on the market.

All in all, I'm quite happy with CX-9 as I don't need 7 seats capacity so often, but it is required sometimes. I'm not a racer, but enjoy driving a car and CX-9 is unbelievably following my control despite it is a large SUV. 'Get it for you family, drive it for yourself' this Mazda's catchphrase explains all about CX-9 very well, I think.

Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Luxury

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

Mazda CX-9.
Looks and feels amazing-the dash lights up perfectly-interior is very comfortable and can not find a fault to the design, heated seats. Perfect for bug families ,Very spacious no matter where your seating, performance is AAA+
Very smooth drives in the CX-9’s.

Mazda CX-9 is Definitely a head turner.
LOVE IT

Banksia Grove

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great family SUV!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

So far so good. Love the LED headlights! Great safety features. Great 3rd row seating.
Only cons so far: 1.No auto door lock functions. 2.No rear split glass option. 3.Headlight has to be manually turned on in the rain (my previous vehicle turns on headlight after 7 sweeps of the wiper). 4.For a vehicle of this price, no LED DRLs in the lesser 2 models.

Purchased at: Mazda Dealers

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Perfect Family SUV

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

The 2017 Mazda CX-9 GT (MY18) is probably one of the best value for money SUV in the category of 7 seaters today. Excellent technology combined with excellent handling and performance making driving the car an absolute pleasure. Sleek interiors and finish gives the CX-9 a luxury feel. Also loaded with most of the high end features as compared to the Azami apart from the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Dep/Maint Assist, the GT still feels like the top end CX-9. Pretty impressive safety features with active blind spot detection and warning, Traffic Sign Recognition, Speed Camera Warning etc.
Economical on the fuel consumption in comparison with the immediate contender, the Toyota Kluger.
Decent leg room overall and even for the third row seats provides comfortable ride for two adults for local trips.Plenty of boot place with the third row folded down.
Highly recommended for anyone looking for a 7 seater family SUV with a feeling of luxury in this class.

Mt eliza

Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Classic Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Uhh its ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I like the handling and performance but it breaks down easily and it is really loud I have the aircon e because the vents break easily but the speaker are absoulty amazing and the blue tooth connection is so good it comes through perfectly almost every time overall it is a goo car but it's has some major issues

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Good car with shortcomings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Drives reasonably, perhaps ordinary for. $55k car being a luxury model (mid range). Has some great features such as lots of space, especially for 3rd row and big boot size if 3rd row is folded down, tilt side mirrors while reversing, sun roof, reasonable music system, large wheels, rain sensor wipers, leather interiors, heated front seats, dual climate control. Downside fuel thirsty, noisy for a car at that price range, bluetooth has very poor integration with IPhone. Making a phone call takes multiple steps an annoying feature, GPS maps are never upgraded despite MAZDA claiming its service gives the advantage

sydney

• 3 comments
Private message

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Excellent family car, big third row space

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Comparing with other 7 seater car, CX9 has generous third row space, it can easily fit a adult comfortably. The center console in cx9 is modern, and easy to use. The car is very quiet when driving, this is helpful especially I have a 6 weeks old baby in the car.

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Excellent family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Was sceptical to begin with but now a complete convert. Our 7 seater CX-9 is a great family car with plenty of space for our 5 member family, great looks and excellent technology. We also have a Mercedes-Benz as the alternative car and yet the Mazda is becoming the car if choice for most family activities. Fuel efficiency is not perfect but then again it is a heavy 7 seater car even though it drives and feels like a mid size SUV.

Ormeau

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2016

I LOVE my CX9 - perfect for the larger family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Having been a Mazda lover all my life and upgrading from the CX5 the jump to the CX9 after baby 3 was a push with the worry it would be too big to manage. It turns out it's just as easy to drive as the CX5 and Mazda 3. It has more power and is far more responsive than the CX5 was making it an impressive upgrade. It is quiet, smooth to drive and the safety features are incredible. The blindspot detect is handy especially when the back row of seating is occupied. Fuel economy is great too. Would buy another in a heart-beat.

Wollongong

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Luxury Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2016

dream family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

the performance is so good, it is easy to forget the size of the vehicle. the same goes for handling, its light and easy to steer, doesnt roll around corners.
there is SO much room in these cars - both in width of the interior and height. Plus with the cupholders for everyone and rear a/c being a bonus.
Have found to get around 500km to a tank of fuel, with mostly city driving.

Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Classic Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Love everything about it. Fits a family of six with luggage for family trips. The only 7 seater that has legroom in the third row. We checked them all as we didnt want a mini van.
Heaps of room.
Good performance for a huge car.
Nicely appointed, feels very european in quality.

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: TC (2016-2018) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great family vehicle with loads of fun but could have been perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

The handling is outstanding; it doesn't feel like driving a 7 seats, and more like a sedan. The steering wheel is very accurate and light. Good modern features assist not only safety but also driving experience.
Running cost has been somewhat reasonable; with average 10.5 l/ 100k running on Unleaded 91.

There is a gap between 3rd row(when folded down) and 2nd row; stuff can often fall to the gap when left them in the cargo space. Also it doesn't have automatic folding side mirrors even in the top model.

• 1 question
  • 4 answers

Generation: TC (2016-2018) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

The car is perfect !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

We got our Mazda CX-9 signature and I'm very happy I love everthyng about this car from he leather color to the way it drives .. more than enough legroom .. was nice if the moonroof was bigger ! Otherwise I love it .. the best car I ever driven !!!

Verified Purchase Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2012

Serious rust issue - Get your serviceman to open the cover to rear compartment and watch it for your

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Mazda has a history of rust issue and Australian versions aren't exceptional. I purchased my CX9-GT in 2012. In 2014, I noticed some rust dots over a small exposed area in the rear compartment and as it wasn't big I kept living with that but in 2016, I asked Mazda dealership to look into it and when they opened the rear compartment, they found a huge rusty area hidden in there. Mazda head office said the rust is not covered by their warranty policy because it is not an outside painted area. So I will be on my own.

Please get your serviceman to open and check under the rear compartment if you saw any tiny piece of rust around.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: TB (2007-2015) Badge: Grand Touring Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Excellent but thirsty

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

As a family of 7 (4 adults & 3 kids, 1 in a seat), we needed a large people mover. What was important to us was the 3rd row seating and boot space when the 3rd row is is use. I'm 175cm tall and 105kg and can sit comfortably in the 3rd row. A folded pram can be also stored in the boot with the 3rd row in use. Standard creature comforts in the Grand Touring model like Xenon headlights, 2 way sunroof, heated leather seats, satnav, parking camera, front parking sensors and Bose stereo make it very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. The V6 is smooth and quiet however, due to the weight of the car, can be thirsty. We are currently averaging around 420km per tank (70 litre fill up of 98 RON fuel) and using Bridsetone Ecopia tyres at 38psi.
One downside we have had was trying to find a luggage pod that is suitable for this vehicle. Because the mounting points for the roof racks are so far apart, only the premium priced, top of the range/largest Yakima roof pod would fit. To get past this, we bought a roof basket and matching bag to sit on top of the roof racks for our trips away.
The only thig to have gone wrong with the car is the left hand side Xenon HID has died. Turns pink and then turns off. Not bad for a 7 year old vehicle.

2 of 6 pages