Filter By:

Dealership Location: NSW, Rockdale

Mazda service tries to rip women off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

My wife takes her Mazda 3 for a scheduled service and gets told that the car needs a new battery that will cost between $600-$800. She calls NRMA and gets quoted $350 for the same service. The Rockdale service team then tell my wife that the car needs new rear brakes cost $400 and 4 new tyres cost over $1000. The service team tell my wife that this needs to be done as will not last till the next service ( scare tactics). Wife calls me and tells me what is going on at the servicing. I tell her to just get the car serviced and when they finish get the managers name and tell them that I’ll be going to the dealership to ask them what is going on. Here’s where it gets interesting. So I went to Rockdale Mazda where we purchased the car and showed the manager the Rockdale Mazda service team quote and asked the manager if he [name removed] thought that the pricing was except able. To my surprise the manager said it had nothing to do with him as the service team is a separate department. I told him that he was just passing the buck to someone else and that Mazda had just lost a customer. I’m going to sell the car and never want anything to do with Mazda again. They are an absolute joke.

BURLINGAME

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Dealership Location: VIC, Ringwood

MAZDA (RINGWOOD MAZDA)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

Ringwood Mazda:
Fantastic to deal with (Ringwood Mazda) Highly recommended. They were brilliant from the start: Grant (Salesperson) and Darren (Sales Manager) were pleasant to deal with, very professional, courteous, helpful and I would definitely buy a car from them again. When we initially made our inquiry they explained everything, let us try various models without any pressure, very patient, answered numerous questions, were easy going and the best part was NO HARD SELL and NO CHEAP Salesman talk. They gave us a great price and threw in a few extras which was very nice of them. After sales service and handover was also great. It was well worth the trip coming from the other-side of the city! Thanks again to the great team at Ringwood Mazda for a great new car a great deal and a pleasant, stress free experience

• 3 helpful votes

Dealership Location: NSW, Hornsby

Check your tyres aren’t worn before purchase

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I bought a 2012 CX5 from Mazda Hornsby dealership on 15/8. I just had the pink slip done at your dealership to be told the car
needs 4 new tyres at $1000 to pass the safety check!

I have only done 4,500 Km in the car since I bought it so I was very surprised that the tyres were already worn. This tells me that the car was sold to me with tyres that were unsafe and not road worthy.

I called Mazda to request a refund of the tyres but they refused saying it was wheel alignment issue that caused the tyres to wear rapidly! Please check that the tyres aren’t bald before purchase to avoid having to pay $ 1000 for new tyres after only doing 4500km!!!!

Dealership Location: QLD, Toowong

Just don't go there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

Ripped off in dealership by dodgy sales techniques. Mazda corporate "couldn't" help. Having been a Mazda family from very young - I learnt to drive in a Mazda 323 - I will now never own another Mazda.

(BTW positive reviews of this dealership read like astroturfing.)

Dealership Location: WA, Parkland

Arrogant, rude, overly ambitious

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

PLEASE do not waste your time with this dealer unless you are prepared to be greeted by salesman who are as per my title above. The manager was super confident that he could win my business but they are just words.

Castle Hill

Verified Customer Dealership Location: NSW, West End Parramatta

Mazda RX-7 Rear Suspension

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

West End Mazda is not the place to purchase any Mazda spare part being so expensive, there is another place cheaper and more reliable. I'm very disappointed with the Service Department that they don't know how to assemble a suspension control arm in my car. It is not a Ford or a Honda, it is a Mazda and I was told to go elsewhere to assemble it! If you want to purchase any Original Mazda Part contact Nengun Performance in Japan, you will save heaps of money and a few headaches.

Dealership Location: NSW, West Ryde

Terrible Dealership Ticking Its Customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Don't go there! I will not buy anything from this dealership and its arrogant staff ruined my love for Mazda! Very pushy salesperson with no explanation on the contract. Shirk its responsibility and dodge problems. Refused to communicate on issues that already happened. There is no customer service at all! If things go well, then it's your luck. If anything happens, then god bless you!

Dealership Location: VIC, Graeme Powell

I Zoom Zoomed the hell out of the dealership.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Agreed on a price with salesman and went in to sign the papers and put my deposit, only to be told that they had not agreed on the price and to add further insult, the manager, with little people skills offered me a price on the car that was 2-3k more than the agreed price. Beware of Mazda dealership in Seaford, Vic. They will make promises and won’t follow through with it. Wasted my time and made me feel extremely unhappy with the whole experience.

Dealership Location: NSW, West End Parramatta

Dont do finance with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

The after sales customer service is pretty terrible. After I had my car financed [name removed] (so everyone can avoid him) did not even bother to send or print the St George finance statement detailing where to pay my repayments which is pretty slack. After calling and emailing him there was no response? Did he die? Or did he just choose to ignore me? I guess he already made his money so he did not bother replying. Pretty crap go and would not recommend financing from them if possible

Customer Care

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Huge thank you to Mazda for your very generous support with issues with a CX7... can’t thank our customer case manager Jennifer enough for her assistance. she listened to me .. she was always polite attentive and extremely helpful. She responded positively and went above and beyond to assist me with an excellent outcome.
Thank you Mazda.. thank you Jennifer.. thank you John
Very positive experience all round ..

• 10 comments
  • 6 questions
  • 15 answers
  • 27 helpful votes

Dealership Location: NSW, Hornsby

Hornsby Mazda

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

I have just purchased my third Mazda from Hornsby Mazda. Ulike many salespeople who flit from one motor brand to another, Rod Newbrun has been with Hornsby Mazda over the many years of my dealings. Rod takes time to explain everything and point out all the features of the various Mazda models. Rod is polite, not pushy and a real gentleman which makes the final decission easy, all in the comfort of one of the best new car showrooms I have ever seen. Do yourself a favour, consider Mazda for your next new car and go and see Rod Newbrun at Hornsby Mazda, you will not regret either experience.

Comments

Oh how things can change. Took new vehicle back to Hornsby Mazda for one month service. Made comment to service staff that car was reluctant to change down gears on hills, and when helping with a ... read more »

Auburn, NSW

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Dealership Location: NSW, West End Parramatta

West End Mazda - North Parramatta - Very unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

On Sunday 25th Nov 2018, I signed a legally binding contract with West End Mazda (590 Church St North Parramatta) for a purchase of a new vehicle. I was advised that the car and the model I was after was in stock and they even checked their system to tell me there were two available in the state and that if I put the deposit on the same day, one will definitely be put on hold for me. After this we negotiated the price and agreed on $41000 for the car and an additional $2000 for the extra accessories. I was then asked to put a deposit of $500 which I did and I was told that the car will be ready for collection on 30th Nov 2018.
Two days later today on 27/11/18 I received a call from the dealer, sales person advising that they cannot deliver the car for me because Mazda don’t have it in stock. I spoke to his manager and he advised me the same. I was offered to choose either a different model or an upcoming year model for an extra cost. I requested to supply me the product I have paid for and for which we have signed a legally binding contract or because it is their fault that they didn’t properly check the stock before making a deal with me, supply an upcoming year model for the same price. The manager said he can’t do either of those because a. there is no stock and b, the new model will cost me an additional $4000 without the accessories. This was his final offer.
I then rang Mazda headquarter to lodge a complaint and they said they can only put me back the dealer again and to negotiate with them and that they cannot be involved in the sales matters.
I believe I have been a victim of “misleading and deceptive conduct” hence I have logged a complaint to fair trading to resolve this matter. I have a pregnant wife who is due in 3 weeks hence why I wanted to buy this bigger car and now due to the problems that has arisen, it looks like that the dealership will be unable to provide me the car in time.
Mazda sales person: [name removed]| 02 9633 8300 | [name removed]@westendmazda.com.au
Mazda deal manager: [name removed] |02 9633 8317

• 11 helpful votes

Dealership Location: ACT, Slaven

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I bought my Mazda from these clowns a couple years ago, have had a bunch of issues dealing with them since and they seem to be getting worse. After my last service I'm never going back to these jokers again. They are friendly when you speak to them, but they need convincing and multiple revisits to accept that things which you say are problems are actually problems. Like when I first bought the car the GPS sometimes lost its signal, they said that because it worked when they turned the car on that it wasn't a problem. Had to take the car in multiple times and send pics to finally get them to replace it. That was only the start of my problems with them, since then I've had a bunch of minor problems, and asking them to look at these problems when you have your car serviced is useless because they take a 1 minutes look and say "can't reproduce, please monitor and pop back in anytime and we'll take a closer look", then when you pop back in they say "please make a booking so we can allocate time to it and look at it properly", so you end up going back there multiple times and explaining the same problem to different people before you have any chance of getting things fixed.

Another example is earlier in the year I booked my car in to get an issue to do with crackling/rattling coming from the CD player fixed, I get the car back later that day to be told that they’ve put some extra padding somewhere else in the vehicle to fix the issue. A bit confused as to how that would fix the issue, and sure enough it didn’t. Had to take it back to them and make them remove the CD player, sure enough that fixed the issue, but it would have been nice if they had listened to me in the first place.

I do like the fact that they offer a courtesy bus service to take you to and from work, but apart from that there's not much else good about these jokers. The latest service was the worse, dropped my car in early in the morning, they hadn't finished it by the time I was picked up and taken back there at 4:30pm, they quickly finished it but they hadn't fixed any of the 3 problems I had mentioned, all I got is a bunch of excuses. I did ask one of the employees out of curiosity how many cars they usually serviced per day, he said about 55 - which kind of explains why they're so useless, servicing that amount of cars per day they must be rushing through them to get them all done - no attention to detail and for the price they charge for services, I'd expect a lot better. Also they say on their website that they'll respond to any queries within 24 working hours, that's not true though - takes them on average 48 hours in my experience. The people on the reception desk are just as useless as the people servicing the cars - friendly but useless.

Steer clear of them is my advise.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Absolutely Appalling Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Never have we ever been treated so poorly and humiliated by a carsalesman. Mum and I walked in with high hopes of taking a BT-50 for a test drive and looking at pricing. At no point did we initiate conversation that we were willing to purchase the vehicle. We walked out, humiliated and seething with the 'level' of customer service received from Jesse - Finance Department. He is nothing but an arrogant, passive aggressive bully who CLEARLY has issues with women purchasing cars. We wanted a final price on the car, NOT to be thoroughly integrated and disrespected. How dare he speak with such animosity. We didn’t want to purchase finance through South Morang Mazda – and this was made extremely clear when we first spoke to the sales consultant. I still don’t understand why he took it upon himself to walk over, not introduce himself (name was on his iPad, and I asked the sales consultant of his job title). South Morang Mazda, you’ve lost our sale and EVERY PERSON WE KNOW will be informed of your appalling attitude and disrespect to females.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dealership Location: NSW, Sutherland

fraudulent sales methods at Sutherland masda

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Bought a fairly used CX5 on dealership choice finance . worst level of transparency in disclosing finance interest rate despite repeated requests. kept promising to get my wife and I the best interest rate in the market. The next day got us to quickly sign the contract as he said there were other customers waiting for him. Got home to review the contract only to find he has arranged 14.6% interest rate without informing us. Had good job, good savings and never had bad credit rating. Never forgiven myself to have fallen so cheap by not insisting he disclose the interest rate or read all the paper work before signing.

Dealership Location: SA, Paradise Motors

No repayment of deposit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I put holding deposit on a vehicle and changed my mind on the specific vehicle. It has been more than a week and still have not received my money back.

Dealership Location: WA, Wanneroo

Not trust worthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I strongly do not recommend the used car section at all don't bother, waste a time don't believe a word they say. They don't stand by their word, they don't negotiate very much and they don't pay top dollar for your vehicle as they state, they claimed my vehicle was rubbish, and most of all they are inconsiderate as they sold the CX9 I was buying to another person actually while they knew I driving there to buy it. Left a very bitter taste, very unprofessional. You guys left a great disappointment with my grandchildren which was to commute them around. To the owner, your staff should know word by mouth is best advertisement and guess what, after the service I got I certainly will not be recommending Wanneroo Mazda.

Dealership Location: WA, Wanneroo

Not trust worthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Dealership Location: NSW, Artarmon

MPoor repair service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Mazda booked in to have windscreen washer tank / piping leak repaired.Mazda received car early and advised pickup atl 3.00pm.Asked why they needed it so long, as it was a specific known problem, Mazda insisted they needed to do a diagnostic.At 3.00pm Mazda advised it wasn't repaired as they didn't have the part and needed to order the hose and reassess at the next appointment. She was charged $155 for this assessment !! And will be without her car a 2nd day, with further costs to come DEPENDING ON SUCH REASSESSMENT ( after attaching a new hose)!!
The Manager was quiet disimissive saying my wife had to pay now even though my wife insisted she should only have to pay when the leak is repaired, NOT FOR ASSESSMENT OF WHAT WAS ALREADY KNOWN, and clearly problem still not clearly identified!!

Dealership Location: ACT, Slaven

Mazda Belconnen Dealership Bad Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

The other day I was inside Mazda Dealership Belconnen to look at options for a brand new mazda. Another customer had come in to enquire about a car that he was planning to buy. He wanted to know when the car he wanted to buy would be available. I was surprised at the [name removed] (Mazda) response which was 'your annoying'. I dont know the full picture. Maybe [name removed] was having a bad day or maybe the customer had already been in plenty of times but I did not think that [name removed] response/statement was appropriate.

Happy that [name removed] was not attending to me but that was not good customer service.

1 of 14 pages

I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 diesel AWD, I paid $942 for 4 new tyres at 60,000kms, had my car serviced today at 94,000kms and have been told the tyres are unroadworthy, how is that possible after 34,000 kms, I’m a female and take it very easy and mainly drive just around town. Has anybody else had to replace their tyres this often? Is this due to them not being rotated at every 10,000km service?

Maria asked on Nov 26, 2018

Answer this

sounds like they are trying to make money out of you. Take your car elsewhere

I asked a 2015 Plate Mazda at Werribee Mazda. and in fact, they give me a 2014 made year and 2014 compliance certificate car. the 2015 plate was written on contract. I realised it after I drove the 2014 car for 2 years. It was my first car! what do I do? This evil car dealer.

Micky Myki asked on Jul 26, 2017

Answer this

Rebecca, I suppose that it's 'caveat emptor' in your case.

What did you mean when you said 'plate'. How they took it, deliberately or otherwise, your request for a certain dated plate could have been interpreted as being first registered in that year. There are many, if not all, cars - not just Mazda vehicles - sell well into the year after its build date, particularly if there has been no change in the model and sales are slow. It doesn't make them worse cars and shouldn't, in theory, bother a buyer when you decide to change yours - at least to buyers who know what they're doing.

When it comes to selling the car, Rebecca, anyone worth their salt will have done a bit of research on the car they desire to purchase. By doing that they will have found that a particular build date, say, week 50 of 2014 was no different to that built on say, week 20 of 2015, and thus concentrate on the condition of the vehicle. Anyone fancying buying a 2015 car that is identical to a 2014 car but is showing evidence of harsh usage and poor maintenance is just being silly.

Keep a record of your services and keep a log book. Any discerning buyer will be interested and swayed by those.

Don't worry, be happy.

Cheers,
John

Thank John for your time and explanation.

Hi Rebecca,
It's common some cars are 2014 built although 2015 compliance. It would be good note for yourself in the future that you ask specifically for a 2015 built vehicle.

In the event that you signed the original contract for a new car, you would notice it doesn't have any VIN number or Engine number along with built and compliance details.

It is always a good to ask if car is in stock or ETA of delivery. If the vehicle is in Australia request to have details up front before going into the dealer and signing delivery.

Also note if your purchasing a new vehicle generally first quarter of the year, you don't always get the same year built vehicle.

In the future if you were to sell/trade the car, of course the year of the vehicle contributes to the price and along with condition, maintaince etc...

Hi - I would like to write a review but am concerned about liability or being sued etc Your thoughts please? Paul

Roddo asked on Feb 13, 2017

Answer this

just write it & put down another name,

Thanks for your response & I don't mean to be dumb but who's other name "the Mazda dealership" or ?
Cheers