South Ripley

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase

I was able to take my dog off a prescription diet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I was attracted to the grain free meals for mutts because it made for dogs with sensitivities. My male was put in a prescription diet after being diagnosed as having a sensitive stomach. I brought it home, and the ingredients were sub-par... especially for the price. I did some research, and this brand kept coming up. I bought a small bag to trial my dogs on, and I haven’t looked back! My male is so much happier and healthier, and my female has gone from not being too motivated by any biscuits, to asking me for her food! Their stools are (much) smaller, and have next to no smell. Their coats are amazing, and they’re both so happy. I worked out that because they don’t need as many biscuits to get their calorific intake and required nutrients, these are about the same price as store bought brands, meal for meal. Super happy, and highly recommend!

Perth

• 1 answer

My puppy loves

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

My cocker spaniel puppy is 18 weeks old and since arriving at 8 weeks has been on Meal for Pups Grain Free Turkey, Sardine and Salmon, along with a Puppy raw diet, and thoroughly enjoys. She has a glossy and healthy coat, healthy weight, and only eliminates once a day (sometimes twice) but small amount, no diarrhoea and no smells. After my last cocker spaniel who suffered from pancreatitis, extreme ear infections and skin problems from rubbishy dog food, I ended up putting him on Black Hawk, which was better than others but still had too much sodium for my liking. So I decided to give Meal for Mutts a go after reading reviews and both myself and of course my girl are very impressed and would recommend. I also get the green tripe and kangaroo discs for her and she just loves them too. Very happy!!

• 1 question
Private message

Gave my pup the diarrhoea

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

I contacted Meals for Mutts via their web site a couple of weeks ago about the problems I was having with their Puppy Turkey and Chicken food. They did not even give me a reply. The first bag we fed our pup she loved it. Opened a new bag and she was having trouble using her bowels and when she did it was diarrhoes. After about 5 days on this food we changed to another brand and 24 hours later she was back to her normal self. At $30 a bag it is a lot of money to waste on food she cannot eat and why did she not react to the first bag but what really upset me was the company ignoring my email

Vic

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great for my staffie pup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

I've been feeding my staffie puppy MFM puppy food since we got him 2 months ago. It was recommended by a pet store owner. Since then, we've noticed his coat has become smooth and shinny, he produces solid poo plus he loves it. Well, actually he loves all food but we've put him on a food taste test and he chose MFM. Not moving away from it anytime soon seeing it's been positive all these times.

Amazing- smell now gone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2017

I have a cocker spaniel who has always smelled pretty bad, varies with degree from food to food. And now after feeding him Salmon MfM for the first time he smells completly adorable and his fur is so soft. Very happy with this product.

Organic dog food

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I love giving this too my dog as I don't have to feel guilty. No harmful things in the brand and my dog loves it.

• 6 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

The ONLY dry kibble I'll feed my dogs.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Ive had my Australian Shepherd on M4M for over 3 years now, and my Pug for almost 2 years. Both my dogs thrive on it. I also worked in a Petfood store that sold M4M for 3 years.. I never hesitated recommending this product for dogs with upset stomachs, skin conditions, dry coats, weight issues etc etc. During that time I had countess happy customers rave about the positive changes this food made to their dogs .
M4M is an excellent product.

I don't live in a city.

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

I buy this food for my Kelpie. She thrives on it, more energy than you can poke a stick at, shiny coat and loves the stuff. I would definitely recommend it, especially for a working dog.

Queensland

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Best food! My dogs are happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2016

I have 4 border collies and a lot of experience in nutrition for dogs. I will always stick with natural and Australian owned, and I look for digestible protein sources in food (just because something says 28% protein doesn't mean it's digested and providing the dog with it). But every dog is different, even in the same breed so I was having a hard time.

Nutro was ruining one of my dog's coat, and she loathed their fish version. Not good for a show dog. Black Hawk made all of them sick (yes I am very careful how I transition foods so that was not the issue). Ivory Coat was working really well but my youngest got sick on it, just could not fix her belly with it.

Meals for Mutts was a saving grace. All 4 have beautiful coats. No one has an upset belly. They all like the salmon and sardine variety. Better still it put weight on my boy who could never put on weight no matter what he was fed or how much. Best food out there. Only wish they would sell directly to breeders like Ivory Coat to save expenses.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Queensland

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Did not agree with my dog, my dogs sister or my mum's dog!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

Bought this food because I liked that it was more natural than other brands and my dog loved the flavour. Over the course of the first two bags though, my dog broke out in a crazy red welt rash on her stomach which spread to her paws. For ages we couldn't figure out what it was and thought she was allergic to something. We eliminated everything one by one - shampoo, meat, medicines and even got a course of antibiotics and bacterial medication from the vet. Nothing worked.

I messaged my dogs breeder to give her an update and mentioned the rash. She said that my dog's sister had a similar rash and her vet couldn't work out the cause either. The last thing to change was her food. We took her off Meals for Mutts and onto Ivory Coat instead and within a few weeks her rash was completely gone! Funnily enough I messaged the breeder to tell her and she had been using Meals for Mutts as well when the rash broke out.

We've had her on Ivory Coat, which is grain, corn, wheat and carbohydrates free, for months now with no issues!

My mum then recently bought new dog biscuits for her dog which suffered from rashes as well however she called me last week to say they made it 10x worse and asked if I wanted them. She bought the bag over, however I quickly sent her packing because it was Meals for Mutts.

I would love to know what is in them to make 3 seperate dogs with all break out in crazy rashes from these biscuits.

Newcastle, NSW

Private message

Best food I have put my dogs on

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I switched to Meals for Mutts Salmon and Sardine for my Dane x who had put on a bit of weight. Her coat became shiny and soft in a month. She started to lose weight and build a whole lot of muscle. I now have my new Dane on this food as she needed to put on weight. Not only is she a healthier weight but she has gained quite a bit of muscle. I will not feed my dogs anything else.

Well Worth the Money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Coats look great, no dog hairs on my floor and skinny pup has put on some muscle mass. I was dubious that there would be such a big difference in their overall condition but there is. I can highly recommend Meals for Mutts.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

The Best Dry Dog Food!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2015

I have both a Labrador and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I feed both of my dogs this brand of food. I started with the Meals for Pups on the Labrador and then switched to Meals for Mutts Salmon and Sardine. The Cavalier is on the Turkey and Lamb Lite as he is an older dog.

Since putting the dogs on this diet, the Labrador has reduced the amount of hair she sheds and her coat and physique looks amazing! The Cavalier has always battled weight issues especially as he has been getting older but since being on this food he is looking really good.

They are an Australian owned company and I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a great dry dog food for their dogs.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Changed my shitzu on to Meals for Mutts lite due to a weight issue also changed from chicken necks to Barf. Over the last couple of months he has got more and more quite. He is 10, but now sleeps most of the day. Seems to have no energy at all . He has lost weight but I am wondering what to do about his lack of energy. He will chase his ball but not as much interest as he use to and immediately goes back to sleep. Have we reduced his fat intake to much ?

tiggy234 asked on Nov 27, 2017

Answer this

I'm not sure what the issue could be of lack of energy. Could be many reasons. When you go to change a diet for a dog you should always introduce gradually with their old food over a couple of weeks as a sudden change of diet could upset their system. Especially changing to a raw diet that they are not used to. Being 10 years old a change will be a lot more difficult than with a younger dog. Also if fed too much chicken and fatty foods could lead to pancreatitis or kidney problems. I would suggest to go see your vet though to check everything is okay.

Thanks Jules , we did just that took him to the vet and they did blood tests. It came back with 1 marker very high with his liver, but the vet cant understand it as there should be other high markers to show why the first marker is high . SO , we have kept him on BARF which was introduced very slowly, but have removed the low fat biscuits and replaced them with Royal Canine 8 + biscuits, also increased from a 1/4 cup at night to a full cup on the advise of our vet. He seems to be picking up. Going back for more blood tests in 4 weeks to see if there is any improvement, if not off to the vet hospital for an ultra sound. Wish he could talk.

Hi I've had my boy on grain free kibble he has allergies 2 pollen during autumn spring summer it causes itchy skin and flares ups is there a dry kibble u can recommend that mite help his skin allergy and where in elizabeth south australia can I buy your dry food thank u

koori43 asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

I did my research, and this is recommended for dogs with sensitivities, and eliminates possible allergens. The omegas would help the skin too. I’m not an expert by any means, but both my greyhounds have dry, flaky skin (it’s a breed trait), and this food has cleared that up too.

Just started my poodle on Salmon and Sardines with veg and rice. Curious to know why there is no fish smell at all, it actually smells exactly like his old food, a lamb kibble of another brand. He likes eating it, which is good. Next time I will try the grain free. Does the grain free have an authentic fish aroma? I think an authentic fish odour would make it more attractive for my pet. As it is he eats it because it is indistinguishable from his usual lamb kibble. I am concerned that the main ingredient is listed as salmon and sardines, yet the crude protein is only 21%. The chemical analysis accounts for approx. 55% of the dry matter. I need to know what makes up the other 45% of the "dry matter basis"? So, if it is genuine fish, why does it smell like lamb? And what are the %s of the entire food mass? The answers are important to me before I continue to use MfM, thankyou. Julie Rose

Julie Rose asked on Jul 31, 2017