• 10 helpful votes

Not what I expected...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Positive: fair price, free packing boxes (promotion).
Negative: appeared later than the promised time window, weren't particularly careful, result - most of our furniture, including my Herman Miller chair ($1K+ RRP) got damaged in some way.
Beware of paying by card - they asked me to enter my card details manually in a web browser on their handheld device, which involved entering my CVV in a box that doesn't hide entered information, which means that all the card information could be easily compromised.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Menai

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Fantastic Service and Price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2015

We have used 6 removalist companies in the last 10 or so years so I am getting some knowledge of different companies. After our last move 6 months ago with another company, we had to try another as moving a 4 bedroom home cost $1,800 and 7 hours! Well, this move cost $800.00, same number of people, 2 trips and took 4 hours. There are no surprises here with extra packaging costs and they work like it is their money that is ticking away. So fast and efficient with good care of my products. Great communication and on time as well. I will now use them again EVERY time!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

It was OK, not good as the rating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

Move a 3 Brdroom unit to a house - short distance.

Positives:
- Very polite, friendly, on time, the green boxes are fantastic, hard working

Negatives:
- Two items were damaged, one seriously.

All positives great, however what matters at the end is the delivery of the items safely. Without that, others matter less!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

After a long process, their insurance came handy and replaced the main item. Of course, It took nearly 9 months due to the shipping from Italy.

I should give them the credit for that.

Zetland, NSW

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Fast, professional and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We booked Men That Move after reading the reviews on this site and they didn't disappoint. They were booked for 7:30 and arrived early. They had our whole 2 bedroom apartment packed in just over an hour with us helping as well.
The service was amazing and it was the small things that stood out. Small things like when the guys saw us heading back to the lift they would kindly press the button to call it down for us (usually with hands full of furniture). The whole move went smoothly, efficiently and they provided service above and beyond!

Sydney, NSW

Verified Customer

Service above and beyond (and then some)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

A one bedroom unit over a short distance in Sydney. I can honestly say my experience with Men That Move was so wonderful that I will never use another company other than them again! After having another company, Six Brothers Removalists, turn up late, argue with me for an hour about access (which I had explained clearly in writing at the time of booking) and then refuse to do the job and drive away leaving me stranded with a packed up house, cat and no truck, Men That Move came to my rescue at the last minute (turning up within an hour of my desperate call). These guys are what gold standard customer service and professionalism should be founded on, I truly cannot rate them highly enough. If you are moving please do yourself a favour and make it an easy and enjoyable one by using Men That Move. They are fast, efficient, professional, friendly and above all true gentlemen!

Verified Customer

"Men that Move" are the only removalists to call.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

We wasted a lot of time chasing a few of the larger removalist companies to quote on our small (25 cubic metre, 2 bedroom apartment) Melbourne to Sydney move, but they weren't particularly interested, and one couldn't even commit to a delivery day! Adam and his team came to our rescue and were able to fit us in at short notice. Both teams in Melbourne and Sydney were professional and pleasant to deal with. They weren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for, with excellent communication, commitment to delivery times, and they worked carefully and efficiently. They are the best.

Lane Cove

Verified Customer

Polite, on time, hard working

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

We had one bedroom contents and a sofa bed to go up 3 flights of stairs. The men were careful, hard working and efficient. They certainly did not waste any time even though there were lots of stairs. I would be happy to use them again.

• 1 answer

Fantastic experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

2 bed-room apartment in Rhodes to 4 bedroom house in Northwest (Stanhope Gardens), about 45 minutes drive.
Started in 7:40 and finished by 12:25 and I happily paid 5 hours for that.

They came on time, were real professionals, fast and efficient. They knew what they were doing, no need to tell them everything, packed everything safe and we had no damages.

Highly recommended! Will use them again definitely.
So far our best moving experience in Australia.

Verified Customer

Could have been better. Disappointing experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2015

Unfortunately 1 out of the 3 removalists who came made this a disappointing experience for us. They turned up on time and were quite fast and efficient for the most part, however, they damaged a piece of furniture and left deliberately without saying a word. It was obvious that the mover knew that the furniture had been damaged (part of wood snapped) as he had tried to put it back in place and left it in the living room to make it look as if it had not been damaged. The disappointing part of this is that if he had told us at the time, we would have understood - furniture can get damaged inadvertently during a move, but for him to have known about it and deliberately not said a word was dishonest.
When we discovered this and called them about this (the owner was part of the team who moved us), he said that he would look into it but I never got a response back.
In short, we wouldn't use them again.

Job Well Done.... Stressul Moving Made Easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2015

Just moved and we had an excellent experience. Booking was easy and efficient, and the follow up to make sure details understood and executed on. We ran into a couple of unexpected logistical issues which the Company addressed, quickly and efficiently. We were fortunate enough to have Patrick and team move us. He was quick on his feet in being creative with loading our goods and careful with unloading as well as a good leader in organizing his team to be most effective. The crate concept was great and created much efficiency in the overall move. I would recommend Men That Move highly. It's a stressful time and things can go sideways unexpectedly. It's great to have a moving partner that can pivot and work with you to get the job done well in the most time effective manner!

Fantastic Removalist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2015

We recently used Men that Move to relocate from Sydney to Canberra.
The guys were fantastic, very reliable, careful and honest. Not a thing went wrong and the boys even offered to pack a few things they normally wouldn't. I would highly recommend Men that Move and will be using them again without question.

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Fantastic! Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2015

Excellent customer service, upfront and honest pricing and time-keeping (charged in half hour units as opposed to whole hours, with no call out or hidden fees), and really polite and easy to deal with. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Terrific job! Highly recommend the Men that Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2015

[Name removed] and [Name removed] were really terrific at just getting in and getting everything done. I especially wanted to point out [Name removed]'s great attitude, professionalism and the fact he was able to problem solve on a couple of tricky furniture situations. Moving is always a stressful time but they really made it easy and took the pressure out. I will definitely recommend the Men that Move to help on your moving day.

Awesome service all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2015

Guys were on time, friendly, efficient and careful with our belongings. The plastic boxes also made our packing easier. Highly recommended.

Great to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2015

2nd time I have used Men that Move.
Incredibly impressed with their efficiency, promptness & customer service.

Definitely recommend them.

Turramurra

Verified Customer

Highly efficient and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2015

Chose Men that Move after reading of their reputation and have not been disappointed! Very professional and efficient service, would choose them again anytime!

Verified Customer

Fast, efficient, not troubled by my less-than-perfect packing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2015

Thanks to Max and Patrick who turned up bang on time on a Sunday morning. I had only one day to pack everything so there were a lot of last minute bags added to the box pile, and a couple of desks that were coming apart in various places. No worries for these guys, who got everything packed in the truck within an hour, and unloaded in a hour at the other end. All my anxieties quickly disappeared as they went about their job. Was impressed by their care with everything. Would highly recommend this company, but maybe book early - these guys are in demand.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Strong, careful, value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2015

This review is ages overdue because we moved in July but the Men were fantastic. Those boxes are a brilliant idea that you fully appreciate after the move, when you're exhausted and you're not deconstructing boxes late into the night. The guys set an incredible pace. They were also careful and helpful. I don't think that we could find better movers and would definitely use them again.

Maroubra, NSW

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Just superb! Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2015

I have heard nothing but great things about Men That Move and I was NOT disappointed at all. Having moved many times in the past few years, this is by far the most enjoyable move I've had. The two chaps that showed up, Paris and Nykko (hope I got that right) were a fun bunch. Very efficient.

Would most definitely contact Men That Move again for future moves. Highly recommended.

The Best Yet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2014

I've moved a few times, and used several different companies to it, never finding one that quite met the mark.
Men That Move have now changed that. They were brilliant! No time wasting.. No bollocks. The bees knees. The dogs bollocks.
Thank you guys. I'll be using you and recommending you again and again

1 of 8 pages

Wanting a quote pls to move 4kms. Muscles & transport needed. Cheers Tania Elliott [number removed]

Tania H asked on Sep 03, 2018

Are you free some time this week? If you are please send me more detail and your rate. We have 1 upright piano as well. Eddy [contact detail removed]

Eddy asked on May 15, 2018

I would like to move from a one bedroom apartment in Wentworth Point to another apartment two blocks away on may 28th. can I please have a quote? My largest piece of furniture is a four draw lounge room cabinet that splits into two pieces.

Elizabeth2 asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi
Thank you for your enquiring with Men that Move, we would be happy to help with your move.
Our aim at Men that Move is to try and make moving simple and easy and we pride ourselves on offering a professional service with competitive pricing and no hidden costs.
We offer a range of different size trucks and services to best suit your moving needs.

These are as follows:

2 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $125/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (small) bedroom residences with a 2 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $175/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (large) bedroom residences with a 4 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 50m3 truck - this is charged at $195/HR including GST - designed for 3 – 4 (small) bedroom residences with a 6 Hour minimum charge applied.

4 men with a 60m3 truck - this is charged at $245/HR including GST - designed for 4 – 5(small) bedroom residences with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

5 men with a 80m3 truck - this is charged at $315/HR including GST - designed for large 5 bedroom properties (and above) with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

Additional Information about Men that Move and our services
Men that Move are a medium sized logistics company operating our services both locally and interstate. We own all trucks within our fleet, all our staff are employed, experienced and have a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude towards your move - with the aim of making the entire experience as quick, easy and as stress free as possible.
All our trucks come fully equipped with moving blankets, straps/ties, tools, trollies and moving dollies. As part of our services, each of our teams can dismantle beds and smaller furniture for you (if required) as well as handle the plumbing of domestic washing machines and dryers.
We do not use sub contactors for any of our services.
Storage
As part of our services we are proud to be able to offer both short term and long-term storage to our customers. We offer storage units that are 15m3 in volume, these are charged at $195 per unit, per month.
Our customers are not restricted in the number of units they may use at any one time. Access to your storage units can be arranged by appointment only.
PLEASE NOTE – for bookings that involve the customers items being placed into our storage units, the journey time back to our depot and the unloading time into the storage units (will be charged for by the hour as part of the overall booking). The first month’s storage fee will also be charged upfront.
We would require 7 days’ notice (minimum) for redelivery of your items. This will be charged for at the same rate as the initial move into storage. – inclusive of the loading time and travel required to the new delivery destination.
Boxes
As part of our services we are proud to provide 14 days’ free rental of our plastic ECO moving boxes, with free delivery and collection also included (conditions apply). You are not restricted in terms of quantity and our team will be happy to offer you any advice required regarding the packing of your items. We can also supply a range of packaging materials for use in your move at reasonable and competitive prices.
Additional information can be found at the following link: www.menthatmove.com/freeboxoffer

Insurance
We are proud to offer insurance as part of our services. This includes:
• public liability insurance
• property insurance
• transit insurance
These insurances are included without charge with all our services. Please visit the following link for further details about these policies - https://menthatmove.com/insurance/
Men that Move recommend that all customers supply their own insurance also for their move, to ensure the level of coverage meets expectations. Men that Move are unable to provide additional insurance or insurances related to goods left in storage.
Specialist Items
Men that Move are happy to help and assist in all aspects of your move however, there are some instances where certain items require specific attention and specialist knowledge, in order to be able to remove them safely and appropriately. Depending on the item in question, this may or may not incur additional charges.

These items include but are not limited to:

• Piano’s and Pool Tables
• Large Glass Pieces
• Large Marble/Concrete table tops
• Jukebox’s and Fish Tank’s
• Arcade machines
• Safes

If you have any of the above items, or an item that you feel may require specialist attention, please supply us the exact details of the item via email and we will refer this to our specialist removals team for advice.

Any item that weighs more than 75kg is considered a specialist item. Please ensure you supply details on any item over 75kg involved in your move.

Making a Booking
Our aim is to make everything involved with your move from start to finish as easy and convenient as possible. It is with this in mind that we simply ask you to make you booking online, using our simple to use online booking system, from the comfort of your own home. Please visit the following link to book your move now: https://menthatmove.com/location/

Here you will also be able to select the service you require and check the dates we are available, whilst you are organizing your move. Our systems are “live” 24hrs a day and so provide up to date and accurate information to help assist you in the best way possible.

You will be required to place a deposit to secure your booking, once the details have been processed online.

Terms and Conditions of booking
We are proud of the services we are offer including our high levels of customer service and care. So that you are fully informed, please visit the following link to view the Terms and Conditions relevant to these services and bookings - https://menthatmove.com/terms-local-moves/

And finally…
Please visit our website www.menthatmove.com for further information about our company and the services we are pleased to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email if you wish to discuss any of the above points further, have any further questions or if you would like to make a booking.
Our team will be happy to assist you any way that they can.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards