Verified Customer

excellent, efficient and stress free.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

I read some horror stories about removalists and was wary.

3 bedroom house Hurlstone Park to Terrigal. Ben and Daniel were excellent. Arrived early, didn't waste time.

Unloading was seamless and nothing was too much trouble. Two very pleasant and polite young men.
They were great from booking to drop off. Sure a bit dearer than some of the others but they were not hired backpacker or day labour. None of the extra some of the others try I would use them again without any hesitation.

There was a problem with the new place being ready and I was able to shift from the Thursday to the next Monday, Damien was a great help.

Certainly made the stress of a move a lot less.

Zetland, NSW

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Fast, professional and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We booked Men That Move after reading the reviews on this site and they didn't disappoint. They were booked for 7:30 and arrived early. They had our whole 2 bedroom apartment packed in just over an hour with us helping as well.
The service was amazing and it was the small things that stood out. Small things like when the guys saw us heading back to the lift they would kindly press the button to call it down for us (usually with hands full of furniture). The whole move went smoothly, efficiently and they provided service above and beyond!

Verified Customer

Great service by Men That Move, very satisfied!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I was moving from a one bedroom apartment and needed help with the big items. The guys turned up on time, had a great attitude and were really careful and respectful of my things when moving them down 2 flights of stairs. I have to say the easiest move and I would highly recommend Men That Move to friends who are thinking of moving. Very efficient service.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Chris and Lachie from Men That Move provided an exceptional service. They had us moved quickly and easily, were a pleasure to deal with and went above and beyond - nothing was too much trouble, they even ensured our washing machine was connected and ready to go. Men That Move we’re far and away the best removal service we have ever used. Thank you!

Verified Customer

Professional and still great a second time around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Our move was over short distance from a 3 bedroom townhouse to a 2 bedroom apartment in the inner west of Sydney. We used Men That Move 2 years ago and decided to use them again based on our previous experience and this move went smoothly and it took under 6 hours.
Thank you Jon, Jac and Jake for arriving earlier than the 7:30am start time, for your professionalism and hard work on a hot and humid Monday morning.
We definitely recommend Men That Move as the choice removalist.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Best removalists I’ve ever had - hard working and happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

We had 3 guys move our two bedroom house just before Christmas 2017. They arrived on time with good communication prior. We were the second job for the guys that day but you couldn’t tell from their energy and enthusiasm. They were all friendly, polite, delicate, and knew their stuff. That had our place packed moved and unpacked within 3 hours on a 35 degree day. Absolute legends! We used their box hire service too which makes everything super quick and easy on the day. The absolute most hardworking and happy removalists I’ve ever used. Absolute value for money for the service you receive. Won’t be using anyone else in future. Thank you !

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

Moving house the easy way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

We did a 3 stage move from the inner north west of Sydney to the Northern Beaches. The fridge from hell on day one, the bulk of our stuff on day two and our piano on day 3. We had some stuff going into storage from both our old and new homes and the balance being moved. Men That Move supplied their eco boxes, contacted us prior to the move to double check the arrangements, stayed in contact with us on the day of the move, turned up on time, didn't stop for anything, were polite, accommodating and caring. Nothing was too much to ask. We'd definitely recommend them to anyone planning a big or small move.

Comments

PS They didn't move the piano but recommended the guys we did use who we also terrific

helpful and happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Thank you to Bogdan and Ryan who helped me move only a small amount of furniture back into place after some renovations.
Everything was done professionally, with extreme care, with a smile on their face and in a co-operative manner.
By the time they left 98% of things were back in place.
Thank you for taking the stress out of the day.

Hassle free move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

We have relocated our Sydney office temporarily into a storage facility and the 2 guys we had were fantastic! Arrived on time, can do attitudes, got stuck in and got the job done on schedule. Even helped us determine what size storage locker our items would fit into. Would definitely use them again!

Cabarita

Efficient and good- tempered

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

Todd, Dane and Ryan moved us locally. They worked tirelessly and with good humour. We had a fun day and I appreciate the care they look with our furniture. Highly recommend Men That Move.

• 8 helpful votes

Not what I expected...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Positive: fair price, free packing boxes (promotion).
Negative: appeared later than the promised time window, weren't particularly careful, result - most of our furniture, including my Herman Miller chair ($1K+ RRP) got damaged in some way.
Beware of paying by card - they asked me to enter my card details manually in a web browser on their handheld device, which involved entering my CVV in a box that doesn't hide entered information, which means that all the card information could be easily compromised.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Moved from Fairlight to Waverton 1 bedroom apartment. The guys (Damien and 1 other) turned up on time, phoned 20 minutes ahead and were very fast/efficient. They had no trouble lifting heavy items. Will definitely use again.

Sydney, NSW

Verified Customer

Service above and beyond (and then some)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

A one bedroom unit over a short distance in Sydney. I can honestly say my experience with Men That Move was so wonderful that I will never use another company other than them again! After having another company, Six Brothers Removalists, turn up late, argue with me for an hour about access (which I had explained clearly in writing at the time of booking) and then refuse to do the job and drive away leaving me stranded with a packed up house, cat and no truck, Men That Move came to my rescue at the last minute (turning up within an hour of my desperate call). These guys are what gold standard customer service and professionalism should be founded on, I truly cannot rate them highly enough. If you are moving please do yourself a favour and make it an easy and enjoyable one by using Men That Move. They are fast, efficient, professional, friendly and above all true gentlemen!

Homebush

Brilliant movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Move was 2 bedrooms over a short distance. The team arrived on time and launched straight to work. Truck was loaded quickly and carefully and nothing was broken or damaged at all. The unpacking was great too with the team asking where to put things and giving advice about when to turn on the fridge etc. Move was done quicker than expected. Nice friendly guys with great attention to detail - thanks Lawrence and Coby!

Verified Customer

An impressive and pleasant moving experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

A 2 bedroom apartment plus a 1 bedroom apartment interstate moving from Sydney to Canberra. Pretty well organized from the very beginning. Bogdan and Rayne are really awesome - punctual, professional, careful and friendly. Really worth the price and exceed my expectation.

Seamless move from Melbourne to Sydney

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Men that Move helped me to move a 1-bdrm apartment from Melbourne to Sydney. The team in both cities was awesome (on time, efficient and professional) and the scheduling team were all really efficient and friendly. Pretty much as seamless and stress-free move as I could have hope for!

Hassle free removalists!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

I moved a 2 bedroom apartment from Sydney to Canberra same day. There were 3 flights of tight stairs and a sofa that needed to be lowered over the balcony.

Coby & Steven were awesome. Fast, easy payment, great box drop-off/pick-up, great communication - very clear on what was and wasn't included. Nothing broken! I was nervous given they were a cheaper than the big players. I shouldn't have worried. Professional, helpful and great guys. Thanks so much!

Verified Customer

Men That Move - Brilliant And Professional Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

We moved from a 3-bedroom house to a smaller villa. Sean, Robbie and Dane were brilliant, caring, professional & extremely helpful.
After looking at many online reviews, I decided on Men That Move, as they had no negative reviews that I could find. Of that meant paying a bit more, I was happy to do so. But the end up cost was VERY REASONABLE for the time and effort that was involved with the move. And it was a BARGAIN as there were no adverse issues with the total job.
Initially, I was a bit worried, as it all seemed too easy, booking on line, no deposit needed, etc. But there was no need to worry at all. Men that Move have obviously streamlined their booking system, and with less initial human contact, it must keep their costs down.
Anyway, EVERYTHING went smoothly. The booking, the WONDERFUL ECO GREEN BOXES. The email conversations and confirmation.
It really was just so easy and PROFESSIONAL. Hubby and I could not have been more pleased with the service, and especially from the wonderful young men that helped us. Thank you SEAN, ROBBIE & DANE. You made everything just fantastic for us. Also, a big thank you to Chris for delivering and collecting the ECO boxes.

Brilliant Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Went with these guys just after Christmas. They were on time (we were first move of the day), they moved our stuff efficiently, without damaging anything, and despite their more expensive hourly rate, because they don't charge all the extra little fees, they come out being not too much more expensive that the other guys. They charge in 30 min blocks rounded down when they were 5 minutes into the next half hour. After all the horror stories I chose on reputation and was very pleased with the result. They did accept credit card, but it involved entering all your details into one of their phones (using a payment service, but one I hadn't heard of before). I did this because I felt they were honest, but I would recommend having cash available to pay.

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

We had a three man crew from Men That Move who were undoubtedly the best movers we've had to date. Todd, Dane, and Pete worked consistently and efficiently through our three bedroom house, packed the van, and got us into the new house in no time at all. They were friendly and easy-going and made the day far more pleasant than I was anticipating. Also recommend the green boxes.

1 of 8 pages

Are you free some time this week? If you are please send me more detail and your rate. We have 1 upright piano as well. Eddy [contact detail removed]

Eddy asked on May 15, 2018

I would like to move from a one bedroom apartment in Wentworth Point to another apartment two blocks away on may 28th. can I please have a quote? My largest piece of furniture is a four draw lounge room cabinet that splits into two pieces.

Elizabeth2 asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi
Thank you for your enquiring with Men that Move, we would be happy to help with your move.
Our aim at Men that Move is to try and make moving simple and easy and we pride ourselves on offering a professional service with competitive pricing and no hidden costs.
We offer a range of different size trucks and services to best suit your moving needs.

These are as follows:

2 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $125/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (small) bedroom residences with a 2 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $175/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (large) bedroom residences with a 4 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 50m3 truck - this is charged at $195/HR including GST - designed for 3 – 4 (small) bedroom residences with a 6 Hour minimum charge applied.

4 men with a 60m3 truck - this is charged at $245/HR including GST - designed for 4 – 5(small) bedroom residences with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

5 men with a 80m3 truck - this is charged at $315/HR including GST - designed for large 5 bedroom properties (and above) with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

Additional Information about Men that Move and our services
Men that Move are a medium sized logistics company operating our services both locally and interstate. We own all trucks within our fleet, all our staff are employed, experienced and have a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude towards your move - with the aim of making the entire experience as quick, easy and as stress free as possible.
All our trucks come fully equipped with moving blankets, straps/ties, tools, trollies and moving dollies. As part of our services, each of our teams can dismantle beds and smaller furniture for you (if required) as well as handle the plumbing of domestic washing machines and dryers.
We do not use sub contactors for any of our services.
Storage
As part of our services we are proud to be able to offer both short term and long-term storage to our customers. We offer storage units that are 15m3 in volume, these are charged at $195 per unit, per month.
Our customers are not restricted in the number of units they may use at any one time. Access to your storage units can be arranged by appointment only.
PLEASE NOTE – for bookings that involve the customers items being placed into our storage units, the journey time back to our depot and the unloading time into the storage units (will be charged for by the hour as part of the overall booking). The first month’s storage fee will also be charged upfront.
We would require 7 days’ notice (minimum) for redelivery of your items. This will be charged for at the same rate as the initial move into storage. – inclusive of the loading time and travel required to the new delivery destination.
Boxes
As part of our services we are proud to provide 14 days’ free rental of our plastic ECO moving boxes, with free delivery and collection also included (conditions apply). You are not restricted in terms of quantity and our team will be happy to offer you any advice required regarding the packing of your items. We can also supply a range of packaging materials for use in your move at reasonable and competitive prices.
Additional information can be found at the following link: www.menthatmove.com/freeboxoffer

Insurance
We are proud to offer insurance as part of our services. This includes:
• public liability insurance
• property insurance
• transit insurance
These insurances are included without charge with all our services. Please visit the following link for further details about these policies - https://menthatmove.com/insurance/
Men that Move recommend that all customers supply their own insurance also for their move, to ensure the level of coverage meets expectations. Men that Move are unable to provide additional insurance or insurances related to goods left in storage.
Specialist Items
Men that Move are happy to help and assist in all aspects of your move however, there are some instances where certain items require specific attention and specialist knowledge, in order to be able to remove them safely and appropriately. Depending on the item in question, this may or may not incur additional charges.

These items include but are not limited to:

• Piano’s and Pool Tables
• Large Glass Pieces
• Large Marble/Concrete table tops
• Jukebox’s and Fish Tank’s
• Arcade machines
• Safes

If you have any of the above items, or an item that you feel may require specialist attention, please supply us the exact details of the item via email and we will refer this to our specialist removals team for advice.

Any item that weighs more than 75kg is considered a specialist item. Please ensure you supply details on any item over 75kg involved in your move.

Making a Booking
Our aim is to make everything involved with your move from start to finish as easy and convenient as possible. It is with this in mind that we simply ask you to make you booking online, using our simple to use online booking system, from the comfort of your own home. Please visit the following link to book your move now: https://menthatmove.com/location/

Here you will also be able to select the service you require and check the dates we are available, whilst you are organizing your move. Our systems are “live” 24hrs a day and so provide up to date and accurate information to help assist you in the best way possible.

You will be required to place a deposit to secure your booking, once the details have been processed online.

Terms and Conditions of booking
We are proud of the services we are offer including our high levels of customer service and care. So that you are fully informed, please visit the following link to view the Terms and Conditions relevant to these services and bookings - https://menthatmove.com/terms-local-moves/

And finally…
Please visit our website www.menthatmove.com for further information about our company and the services we are pleased to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email if you wish to discuss any of the above points further, have any further questions or if you would like to make a booking.
Our team will be happy to assist you any way that they can.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards