• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Broke my items then tried to hide it by wrapping it in a blanket

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I moved with this company a few weeks ago. I was told they were employees and not contractors. When they turned up they gave me a business card for a different company??? Anyway I heard a loud bang I looked outside and saw that the guy dropped my things. He came to the door not saying anything and damaged items were wrapped in a blanket. Then I confronted him and he said it was not broken. Well it was broken beyond repair about $300 worth of damage. Very untrustworthy people. Steer clear if you value your property.

Comments
Men That Move Official

Hi Lex, If you could please email any of your concerns to info@menthatmove.com, We have no record of this incident, nor do we use sub contractors or farm out work to any other companies. I can only... read more »

Well you have to prove you were a customer to get things published on this site. I provided my receipt so you can assume all you want but this happened.

Men That Move Official

At the time of writing this we have received no correspondence from this customer regarding this issue, With have received no emails of complaints, no phone calls,nothing. Men that Move does not ... read more »

• 10 helpful votes

Not what I expected...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Positive: fair price, free packing boxes (promotion).
Negative: appeared later than the promised time window, weren't particularly careful, result - most of our furniture, including my Herman Miller chair ($1K+ RRP) got damaged in some way.
Beware of paying by card - they asked me to enter my card details manually in a web browser on their handheld device, which involved entering my CVV in a box that doesn't hide entered information, which means that all the card information could be easily compromised.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not happy.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2015

I used Men That Move after reading these positive reviews last month for moving a 2bedder unit to another 2bedder unit.

Not happy with the service. I booked an afternoon shift for 2 men. Apparently it was a big job in the morning and so the removalists were late - 1530.
Received a call from head office in the day who stated they would be late, and whether I was happy for "another 3-man team" to come, which I agreed.

What turned up was two removalists who were tired from their previous job (one looked quite inexperienced), and a third man who was first week in the job, here in Australia on a working holiday.

The fatigue did show on the removalists, and the third man didn't really significantly speed things up as he was quite inexperienced (2 inexperienced in a team of 3).

The quality of care for my business left much to be desired, with a top shelf broken during transit, when enquired about it (given they are insured), the man just said "oh, it's only ikea furniture, doesn't take much to replace" (or words to that effect). I didn't bother arguing anymore, it was very late in the day. Their attitude towards my furniture was a little more rough than I anticipated, and often careless with my mattress.

I didn't really expect a discount, and I didn't get one (though I would've appreciated one given the suboptimal conditions I was placed under).

The Green Boxes system, have to admit, is a pretty good system.

Overall -> Not happy, and I was surprised there are almost no negative reviews of Men That Move anywhere online, I'll be the first for this.

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Fine removalists but free plastic boxes will scratch floors

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

The removalists are reasonable but you should know that plastic boxes provided can very easily scratch floorboards. We'd just had our floorboards redone before the move and as a result of using their boxes I keep finding small scratches around our place. If you have floorboards you don't want scratched I'd recommend getting cardboard boxes and using someone else.

• 1 question

Satisfactory

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2016

I booked our move from our 1 bedroom apartment into storage online. Despite receiving an e-mail confirmation the movers didn't arrive. The problem was quickly resolved (with profuse apologies due to a computer error) and rectified and the move itself was completed that morning. I also agreed to paying 6 months upfront for storage (at a discounted rate), however, I was billed for monthly installments, when the invoice was sent through.
Men that move also recently moved our belongings to Dubbo, which went without any problems. The movers arrived on time and unpacked our belongings safely and efficiently.

• 1 review

Verified Customer

Could have been better. Disappointing experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2015

Unfortunately 1 out of the 3 removalists who came made this a disappointing experience for us. They turned up on time and were quite fast and efficient for the most part, however, they damaged a piece of furniture and left deliberately without saying a word. It was obvious that the mover knew that the furniture had been damaged (part of wood snapped) as he had tried to put it back in place and left it in the living room to make it look as if it had not been damaged. The disappointing part of this is that if he had told us at the time, we would have understood - furniture can get damaged inadvertently during a move, but for him to have known about it and deliberately not said a word was dishonest.
When we discovered this and called them about this (the owner was part of the team who moved us), he said that he would look into it but I never got a response back.
In short, we wouldn't use them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

It was OK, not good as the rating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

Move a 3 Brdroom unit to a house - short distance.

Positives:
- Very polite, friendly, on time, the green boxes are fantastic, hard working

Negatives:
- Two items were damaged, one seriously.

All positives great, however what matters at the end is the delivery of the items safely. Without that, others matter less!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

After a long process, their insurance came handy and replaced the main item. Of course, It took nearly 9 months due to the shipping from Italy.

I should give them the credit for that.

Sydney, Australia

Private message

Late arrival but were on time at the estimated time re-scheduled

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2014

Booking made for 12:30pm with the expectation that they would arrive between 12 and 2pm. Driver called at 12 to tell me that they were still on their first job. Estimated arrival at 3:30pm. The truck was therefore 1.5 hours late, which made my move very difficult considering the travel time in peak hour traffic.
Both the removalists were very polite, young men- however I did have concerns with their choices as they were drinking Pure Blonde beers when they arrived for the move.

• 3 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Hassle free move

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

The guys moved me from a 3br top floor apartment to a 4 Br house an hour away with relative ease.
They had some initial concerns the truck wasn't large enough - but with some of excellent packing were able to get almost everything in (only small items which could be transported by car were left).
They arrived bang on time at 7:30am, and we're done by 4pm. It was a long day but the boys never stopped. I'd recommend them.
No breakages. And a pleasure to deal with.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Brilliant!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2014

These guys were great. Had read all the reviews and thought I'd give them try. Extremely efficient, professional and overall nice guys. The use of the boxes was a great idea as you're not left with a mess of cardboard and tape after the move. Brilliant idea, and brilliant service. Thank you!

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Have used twice, will use again.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2014

After the first time I used these guys, there was no question about the second time. I was very impressed how hard they work. The green box is a great idea and makes I easy for the removalists.
I ran out of boxes, and assumed they would not take anything not in a box - but the guys said no worries we'll take everything - bags, cartons, even the crate with the bubblewrap and packing tape.
I had to knock half a star off because they left me hanging at midday I had to call to find out. they sent another team who arrived at 3pm; which was a bit annoying as I rushed to meet them under the assumption that if I was late, I'd be paying. It doesn't work the other way though.
Of course, once they arrived they were super hard working- straight off the back of the previous job.

Got it all in - Phew!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2014

We had to pack up a 4/5 bedroom house and my father insisted on a truck size smaller than I liked. We were all very worried about getting everything in but the guys worked really hard and got everything in safely and packed well. They worked really hard and were very professional. Would happily hire them again.

+ Fast, reliable, professional.

Sydney, Australia

friendly professional service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2014

Great couple if gentlemen. The green boxes are great. They are plastic and easily stacked so you can safely store items. No tape needed so if you need something its very easy to openbtue box.

and flat fee structure very much appreciated. No worries about back to base.

Would definetly use them again.

+ plastic boxes supplied and picked up. flat fee.

Highly recommend these removalists

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I moved from a one bedroom apartment to another one bedroom apartment in the inner west of Sydney. Both ends were a bit difficult re access (small lifts, stairs, in busy areas) but my removalists did not have any issues with this at all. They were fast, super friendly, had all the right equipment.
The booking process was also efficient and easy. I used the eco box deal which made the packing and moving experience much less painful.
I would really recommend this business

Verified Customer

Best removalists - friendly, careful and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Men that Move were absolutely awesome! We've moved quite a bit in our time and just assumed that the industry standard for removalists was difficult, rude, grumpy and careless, all of which add great stress to an already stressful time. Todd and his crew were the exact opposite. They arrived on time, were super friendly, cheerful, easy to communicate with, good-humoured, careful with our things and freshly plastered and painted walls, great with our kids ... nothing was too hard or bothersome (even installing and then uninstalling our difficult queen bed when it didn't fit in the room). Simply awesome.

The best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Used these guys twice, they were perfect both times. From booking to free boxes and then the removalists .. quick, on time and friendly. Wouldnt think about using anyone else.

Best removalists I've ever used - speedy, friendly, professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Men That Move helped me move from a studio apartment to a 1-bedroom a few suburbs away. The team were incredibly fast, courteous and careful (and reasonably priced) - they were lightyears better than previous removalists I have used and I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends or family looking to move. A+++

Verified Customer

excellent, efficient and stress free.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

I read some horror stories about removalists and was wary.

3 bedroom house Hurlstone Park to Terrigal. Ben and Daniel were excellent. Arrived early, didn't waste time.

Unloading was seamless and nothing was too much trouble. Two very pleasant and polite young men.
They were great from booking to drop off. Sure a bit dearer than some of the others but they were not hired backpacker or day labour. None of the extra some of the others try I would use them again without any hesitation.

There was a problem with the new place being ready and I was able to shift from the Thursday to the next Monday, Damien was a great help.

Certainly made the stress of a move a lot less.

Zetland, NSW

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Fast, professional and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We booked Men That Move after reading the reviews on this site and they didn't disappoint. They were booked for 7:30 and arrived early. They had our whole 2 bedroom apartment packed in just over an hour with us helping as well.
The service was amazing and it was the small things that stood out. Small things like when the guys saw us heading back to the lift they would kindly press the button to call it down for us (usually with hands full of furniture). The whole move went smoothly, efficiently and they provided service above and beyond!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Great service by Men That Move, very satisfied!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I was moving from a one bedroom apartment and needed help with the big items. The guys turned up on time, had a great attitude and were really careful and respectful of my things when moving them down 2 flights of stairs. I have to say the easiest move and I would highly recommend Men That Move to friends who are thinking of moving. Very efficient service.

1 of 8 pages

Wanting a quote pls to move 4kms. Muscles & transport needed. Cheers Tania Elliott [number removed]

Tania H asked on Sep 03, 2018

Are you free some time this week? If you are please send me more detail and your rate. We have 1 upright piano as well. Eddy [contact detail removed]

Eddy asked on May 15, 2018

I would like to move from a one bedroom apartment in Wentworth Point to another apartment two blocks away on may 28th. can I please have a quote? My largest piece of furniture is a four draw lounge room cabinet that splits into two pieces.

Elizabeth2 asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi
Thank you for your enquiring with Men that Move, we would be happy to help with your move.
Our aim at Men that Move is to try and make moving simple and easy and we pride ourselves on offering a professional service with competitive pricing and no hidden costs.
We offer a range of different size trucks and services to best suit your moving needs.

These are as follows:

2 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $125/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (small) bedroom residences with a 2 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $175/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (large) bedroom residences with a 4 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 50m3 truck - this is charged at $195/HR including GST - designed for 3 – 4 (small) bedroom residences with a 6 Hour minimum charge applied.

4 men with a 60m3 truck - this is charged at $245/HR including GST - designed for 4 – 5(small) bedroom residences with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

5 men with a 80m3 truck - this is charged at $315/HR including GST - designed for large 5 bedroom properties (and above) with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

Additional Information about Men that Move and our services
Men that Move are a medium sized logistics company operating our services both locally and interstate. We own all trucks within our fleet, all our staff are employed, experienced and have a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude towards your move - with the aim of making the entire experience as quick, easy and as stress free as possible.
All our trucks come fully equipped with moving blankets, straps/ties, tools, trollies and moving dollies. As part of our services, each of our teams can dismantle beds and smaller furniture for you (if required) as well as handle the plumbing of domestic washing machines and dryers.
We do not use sub contactors for any of our services.
Storage
As part of our services we are proud to be able to offer both short term and long-term storage to our customers. We offer storage units that are 15m3 in volume, these are charged at $195 per unit, per month.
Our customers are not restricted in the number of units they may use at any one time. Access to your storage units can be arranged by appointment only.
PLEASE NOTE – for bookings that involve the customers items being placed into our storage units, the journey time back to our depot and the unloading time into the storage units (will be charged for by the hour as part of the overall booking). The first month’s storage fee will also be charged upfront.
We would require 7 days’ notice (minimum) for redelivery of your items. This will be charged for at the same rate as the initial move into storage. – inclusive of the loading time and travel required to the new delivery destination.
Boxes
As part of our services we are proud to provide 14 days’ free rental of our plastic ECO moving boxes, with free delivery and collection also included (conditions apply). You are not restricted in terms of quantity and our team will be happy to offer you any advice required regarding the packing of your items. We can also supply a range of packaging materials for use in your move at reasonable and competitive prices.
Additional information can be found at the following link: www.menthatmove.com/freeboxoffer

Insurance
We are proud to offer insurance as part of our services. This includes:
• public liability insurance
• property insurance
• transit insurance
These insurances are included without charge with all our services. Please visit the following link for further details about these policies - https://menthatmove.com/insurance/
Men that Move recommend that all customers supply their own insurance also for their move, to ensure the level of coverage meets expectations. Men that Move are unable to provide additional insurance or insurances related to goods left in storage.
Specialist Items
Men that Move are happy to help and assist in all aspects of your move however, there are some instances where certain items require specific attention and specialist knowledge, in order to be able to remove them safely and appropriately. Depending on the item in question, this may or may not incur additional charges.

These items include but are not limited to:

• Piano’s and Pool Tables
• Large Glass Pieces
• Large Marble/Concrete table tops
• Jukebox’s and Fish Tank’s
• Arcade machines
• Safes

If you have any of the above items, or an item that you feel may require specialist attention, please supply us the exact details of the item via email and we will refer this to our specialist removals team for advice.

Any item that weighs more than 75kg is considered a specialist item. Please ensure you supply details on any item over 75kg involved in your move.

Making a Booking
Our aim is to make everything involved with your move from start to finish as easy and convenient as possible. It is with this in mind that we simply ask you to make you booking online, using our simple to use online booking system, from the comfort of your own home. Please visit the following link to book your move now: https://menthatmove.com/location/

Here you will also be able to select the service you require and check the dates we are available, whilst you are organizing your move. Our systems are “live” 24hrs a day and so provide up to date and accurate information to help assist you in the best way possible.

You will be required to place a deposit to secure your booking, once the details have been processed online.

Terms and Conditions of booking
We are proud of the services we are offer including our high levels of customer service and care. So that you are fully informed, please visit the following link to view the Terms and Conditions relevant to these services and bookings - https://menthatmove.com/terms-local-moves/

And finally…
Please visit our website www.menthatmove.com for further information about our company and the services we are pleased to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email if you wish to discuss any of the above points further, have any further questions or if you would like to make a booking.
Our team will be happy to assist you any way that they can.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards