• 8 helpful votes

Not what I expected...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Positive: fair price, free packing boxes (promotion).
Negative: appeared later than the promised time window, weren't particularly careful, result - most of our furniture, including my Herman Miller chair ($1K+ RRP) got damaged in some way.
Beware of paying by card - they asked me to enter my card details manually in a web browser on their handheld device, which involved entering my CVV in a box that doesn't hide entered information, which means that all the card information could be easily compromised.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not happy.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2015

I used Men That Move after reading these positive reviews last month for moving a 2bedder unit to another 2bedder unit.

Not happy with the service. I booked an afternoon shift for 2 men. Apparently it was a big job in the morning and so the removalists were late - 1530.
Received a call from head office in the day who stated they would be late, and whether I was happy for "another 3-man team" to come, which I agreed.

What turned up was two removalists who were tired from their previous job (one looked quite inexperienced), and a third man who was first week in the job, here in Australia on a working holiday.

The fatigue did show on the removalists, and the third man didn't really significantly speed things up as he was quite inexperienced (2 inexperienced in a team of 3).

The quality of care for my business left much to be desired, with a top shelf broken during transit, when enquired about it (given they are insured), the man just said "oh, it's only ikea furniture, doesn't take much to replace" (or words to that effect). I didn't bother arguing anymore, it was very late in the day. Their attitude towards my furniture was a little more rough than I anticipated, and often careless with my mattress.

I didn't really expect a discount, and I didn't get one (though I would've appreciated one given the suboptimal conditions I was placed under).

The Green Boxes system, have to admit, is a pretty good system.

Overall -> Not happy, and I was surprised there are almost no negative reviews of Men That Move anywhere online, I'll be the first for this.

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Fine removalists but free plastic boxes will scratch floors

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

The removalists are reasonable but you should know that plastic boxes provided can very easily scratch floorboards. We'd just had our floorboards redone before the move and as a result of using their boxes I keep finding small scratches around our place. If you have floorboards you don't want scratched I'd recommend getting cardboard boxes and using someone else.

• 1 question

Satisfactory

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2016

I booked our move from our 1 bedroom apartment into storage online. Despite receiving an e-mail confirmation the movers didn't arrive. The problem was quickly resolved (with profuse apologies due to a computer error) and rectified and the move itself was completed that morning. I also agreed to paying 6 months upfront for storage (at a discounted rate), however, I was billed for monthly installments, when the invoice was sent through.
Men that move also recently moved our belongings to Dubbo, which went without any problems. The movers arrived on time and unpacked our belongings safely and efficiently.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Could have been better. Disappointing experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2015

Unfortunately 1 out of the 3 removalists who came made this a disappointing experience for us. They turned up on time and were quite fast and efficient for the most part, however, they damaged a piece of furniture and left deliberately without saying a word. It was obvious that the mover knew that the furniture had been damaged (part of wood snapped) as he had tried to put it back in place and left it in the living room to make it look as if it had not been damaged. The disappointing part of this is that if he had told us at the time, we would have understood - furniture can get damaged inadvertently during a move, but for him to have known about it and deliberately not said a word was dishonest.
When we discovered this and called them about this (the owner was part of the team who moved us), he said that he would look into it but I never got a response back.
In short, we wouldn't use them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

It was OK, not good as the rating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

Move a 3 Brdroom unit to a house - short distance.

Positives:
- Very polite, friendly, on time, the green boxes are fantastic, hard working

Negatives:
- Two items were damaged, one seriously.

All positives great, however what matters at the end is the delivery of the items safely. Without that, others matter less!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

After a long process, their insurance came handy and replaced the main item. Of course, It took nearly 9 months due to the shipping from Italy.

I should give them the credit for that.

Sydney, Australia

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Late arrival but were on time at the estimated time re-scheduled

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2014

Booking made for 12:30pm with the expectation that they would arrive between 12 and 2pm. Driver called at 12 to tell me that they were still on their first job. Estimated arrival at 3:30pm. The truck was therefore 1.5 hours late, which made my move very difficult considering the travel time in peak hour traffic.
Both the removalists were very polite, young men- however I did have concerns with their choices as they were drinking Pure Blonde beers when they arrived for the move.

• 3 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Hassle free move

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

The guys moved me from a 3br top floor apartment to a 4 Br house an hour away with relative ease.
They had some initial concerns the truck wasn't large enough - but with some of excellent packing were able to get almost everything in (only small items which could be transported by car were left).
They arrived bang on time at 7:30am, and we're done by 4pm. It was a long day but the boys never stopped. I'd recommend them.
No breakages. And a pleasure to deal with.

• 1 question

Brilliant!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2014

These guys were great. Had read all the reviews and thought I'd give them try. Extremely efficient, professional and overall nice guys. The use of the boxes was a great idea as you're not left with a mess of cardboard and tape after the move. Brilliant idea, and brilliant service. Thank you!

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Have used twice, will use again.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2014

After the first time I used these guys, there was no question about the second time. I was very impressed how hard they work. The green box is a great idea and makes I easy for the removalists.
I ran out of boxes, and assumed they would not take anything not in a box - but the guys said no worries we'll take everything - bags, cartons, even the crate with the bubblewrap and packing tape.
I had to knock half a star off because they left me hanging at midday I had to call to find out. they sent another team who arrived at 3pm; which was a bit annoying as I rushed to meet them under the assumption that if I was late, I'd be paying. It doesn't work the other way though.
Of course, once they arrived they were super hard working- straight off the back of the previous job.

Got it all in - Phew!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2014

We had to pack up a 4/5 bedroom house and my father insisted on a truck size smaller than I liked. We were all very worried about getting everything in but the guys worked really hard and got everything in safely and packed well. They worked really hard and were very professional. Would happily hire them again.

+ Fast, reliable, professional.

Sydney, Australia

friendly professional service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2014

Great couple if gentlemen. The green boxes are great. They are plastic and easily stacked so you can safely store items. No tape needed so if you need something its very easy to openbtue box.

and flat fee structure very much appreciated. No worries about back to base.

Would definetly use them again.

+ plastic boxes supplied and picked up. flat fee.

Verified Customer

excellent, efficient and stress free.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

I read some horror stories about removalists and was wary.

3 bedroom house Hurlstone Park to Terrigal. Ben and Daniel were excellent. Arrived early, didn't waste time.

Unloading was seamless and nothing was too much trouble. Two very pleasant and polite young men.
They were great from booking to drop off. Sure a bit dearer than some of the others but they were not hired backpacker or day labour. None of the extra some of the others try I would use them again without any hesitation.

There was a problem with the new place being ready and I was able to shift from the Thursday to the next Monday, Damien was a great help.

Certainly made the stress of a move a lot less.

Zetland, NSW

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Fast, professional and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We booked Men That Move after reading the reviews on this site and they didn't disappoint. They were booked for 7:30 and arrived early. They had our whole 2 bedroom apartment packed in just over an hour with us helping as well.
The service was amazing and it was the small things that stood out. Small things like when the guys saw us heading back to the lift they would kindly press the button to call it down for us (usually with hands full of furniture). The whole move went smoothly, efficiently and they provided service above and beyond!

Verified Customer

Great service by Men That Move, very satisfied!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I was moving from a one bedroom apartment and needed help with the big items. The guys turned up on time, had a great attitude and were really careful and respectful of my things when moving them down 2 flights of stairs. I have to say the easiest move and I would highly recommend Men That Move to friends who are thinking of moving. Very efficient service.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Chris and Lachie from Men That Move provided an exceptional service. They had us moved quickly and easily, were a pleasure to deal with and went above and beyond - nothing was too much trouble, they even ensured our washing machine was connected and ready to go. Men That Move we’re far and away the best removal service we have ever used. Thank you!

Verified Customer

Professional and still great a second time around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Our move was over short distance from a 3 bedroom townhouse to a 2 bedroom apartment in the inner west of Sydney. We used Men That Move 2 years ago and decided to use them again based on our previous experience and this move went smoothly and it took under 6 hours.
Thank you Jon, Jac and Jake for arriving earlier than the 7:30am start time, for your professionalism and hard work on a hot and humid Monday morning.
We definitely recommend Men That Move as the choice removalist.

• 4 helpful votes

Best removalists I’ve ever had - hard working and happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

We had 3 guys move our two bedroom house just before Christmas 2017. They arrived on time with good communication prior. We were the second job for the guys that day but you couldn’t tell from their energy and enthusiasm. They were all friendly, polite, delicate, and knew their stuff. That had our place packed moved and unpacked within 3 hours on a 35 degree day. Absolute legends! We used their box hire service too which makes everything super quick and easy on the day. The absolute most hardworking and happy removalists I’ve ever used. Absolute value for money for the service you receive. Won’t be using anyone else in future. Thank you !

Verified Customer

Moving house the easy way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

We did a 3 stage move from the inner north west of Sydney to the Northern Beaches. The fridge from hell on day one, the bulk of our stuff on day two and our piano on day 3. We had some stuff going into storage from both our old and new homes and the balance being moved. Men That Move supplied their eco boxes, contacted us prior to the move to double check the arrangements, stayed in contact with us on the day of the move, turned up on time, didn't stop for anything, were polite, accommodating and caring. Nothing was too much to ask. We'd definitely recommend them to anyone planning a big or small move.

Comments

PS They didn't move the piano but recommended the guys we did use who we also terrific

helpful and happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Thank you to Bogdan and Ryan who helped me move only a small amount of furniture back into place after some renovations.
Everything was done professionally, with extreme care, with a smile on their face and in a co-operative manner.
By the time they left 98% of things were back in place.
Thank you for taking the stress out of the day.

1 of 8 pages

Are you free some time this week? If you are please send me more detail and your rate. We have 1 upright piano as well. Eddy [contact detail removed]

Eddy asked on May 15, 2018

I would like to move from a one bedroom apartment in Wentworth Point to another apartment two blocks away on may 28th. can I please have a quote? My largest piece of furniture is a four draw lounge room cabinet that splits into two pieces.

Elizabeth2 asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi
Thank you for your enquiring with Men that Move, we would be happy to help with your move.
Our aim at Men that Move is to try and make moving simple and easy and we pride ourselves on offering a professional service with competitive pricing and no hidden costs.
We offer a range of different size trucks and services to best suit your moving needs.

These are as follows:

2 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $125/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (small) bedroom residences with a 2 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $175/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (large) bedroom residences with a 4 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 50m3 truck - this is charged at $195/HR including GST - designed for 3 – 4 (small) bedroom residences with a 6 Hour minimum charge applied.

4 men with a 60m3 truck - this is charged at $245/HR including GST - designed for 4 – 5(small) bedroom residences with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

5 men with a 80m3 truck - this is charged at $315/HR including GST - designed for large 5 bedroom properties (and above) with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

Additional Information about Men that Move and our services
Men that Move are a medium sized logistics company operating our services both locally and interstate. We own all trucks within our fleet, all our staff are employed, experienced and have a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude towards your move - with the aim of making the entire experience as quick, easy and as stress free as possible.
All our trucks come fully equipped with moving blankets, straps/ties, tools, trollies and moving dollies. As part of our services, each of our teams can dismantle beds and smaller furniture for you (if required) as well as handle the plumbing of domestic washing machines and dryers.
We do not use sub contactors for any of our services.
Storage
As part of our services we are proud to be able to offer both short term and long-term storage to our customers. We offer storage units that are 15m3 in volume, these are charged at $195 per unit, per month.
Our customers are not restricted in the number of units they may use at any one time. Access to your storage units can be arranged by appointment only.
PLEASE NOTE – for bookings that involve the customers items being placed into our storage units, the journey time back to our depot and the unloading time into the storage units (will be charged for by the hour as part of the overall booking). The first month’s storage fee will also be charged upfront.
We would require 7 days’ notice (minimum) for redelivery of your items. This will be charged for at the same rate as the initial move into storage. – inclusive of the loading time and travel required to the new delivery destination.
Boxes
As part of our services we are proud to provide 14 days’ free rental of our plastic ECO moving boxes, with free delivery and collection also included (conditions apply). You are not restricted in terms of quantity and our team will be happy to offer you any advice required regarding the packing of your items. We can also supply a range of packaging materials for use in your move at reasonable and competitive prices.
Additional information can be found at the following link: www.menthatmove.com/freeboxoffer

Insurance
We are proud to offer insurance as part of our services. This includes:
• public liability insurance
• property insurance
• transit insurance
These insurances are included without charge with all our services. Please visit the following link for further details about these policies - https://menthatmove.com/insurance/
Men that Move recommend that all customers supply their own insurance also for their move, to ensure the level of coverage meets expectations. Men that Move are unable to provide additional insurance or insurances related to goods left in storage.
Specialist Items
Men that Move are happy to help and assist in all aspects of your move however, there are some instances where certain items require specific attention and specialist knowledge, in order to be able to remove them safely and appropriately. Depending on the item in question, this may or may not incur additional charges.

These items include but are not limited to:

• Piano’s and Pool Tables
• Large Glass Pieces
• Large Marble/Concrete table tops
• Jukebox’s and Fish Tank’s
• Arcade machines
• Safes

If you have any of the above items, or an item that you feel may require specialist attention, please supply us the exact details of the item via email and we will refer this to our specialist removals team for advice.

Any item that weighs more than 75kg is considered a specialist item. Please ensure you supply details on any item over 75kg involved in your move.

Making a Booking
Our aim is to make everything involved with your move from start to finish as easy and convenient as possible. It is with this in mind that we simply ask you to make you booking online, using our simple to use online booking system, from the comfort of your own home. Please visit the following link to book your move now: https://menthatmove.com/location/

Here you will also be able to select the service you require and check the dates we are available, whilst you are organizing your move. Our systems are “live” 24hrs a day and so provide up to date and accurate information to help assist you in the best way possible.

You will be required to place a deposit to secure your booking, once the details have been processed online.

Terms and Conditions of booking
We are proud of the services we are offer including our high levels of customer service and care. So that you are fully informed, please visit the following link to view the Terms and Conditions relevant to these services and bookings - https://menthatmove.com/terms-local-moves/

And finally…
Please visit our website www.menthatmove.com for further information about our company and the services we are pleased to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email if you wish to discuss any of the above points further, have any further questions or if you would like to make a booking.
Our team will be happy to assist you any way that they can.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards