• 1 question

Satisfactory

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2016

I booked our move from our 1 bedroom apartment into storage online. Despite receiving an e-mail confirmation the movers didn't arrive. The problem was quickly resolved (with profuse apologies due to a computer error) and rectified and the move itself was completed that morning. I also agreed to paying 6 months upfront for storage (at a discounted rate), however, I was billed for monthly installments, when the invoice was sent through.
Men that move also recently moved our belongings to Dubbo, which went without any problems. The movers arrived on time and unpacked our belongings safely and efficiently.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Amazing company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2015

I just used this company to move from a house to a one bedroom apartment. They had to get huge items down the stairs and then up the stairs at the new place. They were quick and so helpful. Usually I help the movers because they try and waste time but I didn't have to lift a finger.

I reviewed a different company last time I moved and they were so bad I was considering never using movers again. Men that move renewed my faith. I could pay by card and the cost was reasonable. Definitely recommend them to anyone

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Second move!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2015

Was very happy with men that move. We have previously used Men that Move and was happy that their service is still top notch. They were on time and friendly. Highly recommend these guys

First class service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

We moved house in may this year and had a stress free, five star experience with men that move. Their manager, Dave was very accommodating with booking changes even if it was quite close to the day. The three young men who turned up on the day (Chris, Kemy and Nathan I believe their names are) were very friendly, efficient and hard working. There was no lift in my old top floor unit so they had to carry everything downstairs by hand including an upright piano. They managed to bring down some large furniture such as wardrobes, sofas and a dining table without having to dismantle them. This made things unbelievably fast and before I knew it, the rooms were empty and the truck was neatly packed.
With a piano and a lot of stairs, my moving job wasn't an easy one. In fact, when I moved in to my old unit, it took us 11 hours with a Chinese removalist (rate was slightly cheaper), where my husband, his dad and I had to work like their staff for the whole day. And the move was far from finished when we had to let them go because there was another family waiting for their service still! Compared to that, it cost much less with men that move due to shorter hours. I was the only one at home this time and I did not even need to lend a hand! Poor boys worked 9 hours straight without a break! I have always felt guilty about it afterwards.
Remember to book the biggest truck if you have a lot of stuff. Could save a second trip, although they are pretty smart with loading. The eco-boxes are strong and great to pack Chinas and glass bottles if cushioned in-between properly.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2015

Good communication from requesting quote to confirmation of booking to goods in transit. Pick up of dining room table and chairs from metro Melbourne for delivery to metro Sydney. Definitely recommend the team at Men that Move. Particular thanks to Dave for safe delivery.

Great service great attitude

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2015

We used men that move and their eco boxes for our move (3 bed room house from sydney to melbourne) and would recomend them to anyone. Dave and his team were first rate professionals, getting the job done quickly and efficiently without any hassles or damage to our well loved belonings. Thank you Dave, Damien and all your team. Great work.

Verified Customer

Could have been better. Disappointing experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2015

Unfortunately 1 out of the 3 removalists who came made this a disappointing experience for us. They turned up on time and were quite fast and efficient for the most part, however, they damaged a piece of furniture and left deliberately without saying a word. It was obvious that the mover knew that the furniture had been damaged (part of wood snapped) as he had tried to put it back in place and left it in the living room to make it look as if it had not been damaged. The disappointing part of this is that if he had told us at the time, we would have understood - furniture can get damaged inadvertently during a move, but for him to have known about it and deliberately not said a word was dishonest.
When we discovered this and called them about this (the owner was part of the team who moved us), he said that he would look into it but I never got a response back.
In short, we wouldn't use them again.

• 2 helpful votes

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2015

Booking online was easy although I had to call a few days before the move to ensure booking was confirmed. Perhaps an auto-generated email to advise 3 days before the booking date to ensure booking is confirmed will be good.

On moving day (I initially booked for the afternoon slot ~1:30PM start). David called me and advised they had finished their job early and will be onsite earlier which was fine.

David and Josh were quick to move the furnitures required and all in all, it took ~3 hours that costs $313 (1 bedroom, lounge, kitchen stuff) which is reasonable. There is a minimum 2 hour charge.

I like that you can pay by card on the day and get a receipt. In the past, most movers do not provide a receipt which leads me to believe they may have over charged me.

All in all, very happy with the service and will definitely book again if ever I need to move again.
Both guys were friendly and efficient.

Thanks!

Good Value and Free Boxes. Fantastic move business

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2015

Booked these guys 2 weeks out for a 2 bedroom move that was more like a 3 bedroom house...we had a lot of stuff as we hadn't moved in ten years.

These guys turned up on time @ 7:30AM and worked solidly all morning. Both men were very friendly, respectful and hard working. I will use them again in the future....great service and great value considering the free boxes.

Job Well Done.... Stressul Moving Made Easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2015

Just moved and we had an excellent experience. Booking was easy and efficient, and the follow up to make sure details understood and executed on. We ran into a couple of unexpected logistical issues which the Company addressed, quickly and efficiently. We were fortunate enough to have Patrick and team move us. He was quick on his feet in being creative with loading our goods and careful with unloading as well as a good leader in organizing his team to be most effective. The crate concept was great and created much efficiency in the overall move. I would recommend Men That Move highly. It's a stressful time and things can go sideways unexpectedly. It's great to have a moving partner that can pivot and work with you to get the job done well in the most time effective manner!

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Hate moving house.....WHAMMY....job done!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2015

Wow what can I say, hate moving house until now, easy booking process, friendly efficient staff, offered free plastic bins for packing....no more cardboard and sticky tape with dispensers that don't work. Driver and 2 helpers turned up before the 07:30 start, very pleasant and friendly, 3 hours to pack move and unpack a 3 bedroom house....3 hours!!

Would recommend these guys to everybody...big or small jobs

An AWESOME Surprise.......

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2015

I was reluctant to use any removalist company for my move, but my girlfriend insisted, so we booked these guys in for an afternoon move.

Not only were they BANG on time, they were friendly, polite and i have never seen 3 guys work so hard and fast in my life. Everything was handled with care, and the attention to detail was fantastic. All three guys managed to load the truck quickly (based on previous experiences i had expected one guy to just stand around and "supervise" but this was not the case at all) and the skill/talent to pack the truck as cleverly as they did, has to be admired.

I also appreciated how professional they looked in a suitable and function style of uniform - you can tell these guys take this job seriously and there appearance just enhanced that.

The boxes were great (i didn't pack many myself) but i was constantly told how great they were and how stress free the whole lead up to the big day had been because of them!! The fact they are FREE is still impressive to me, i would of been prepared to hire them.

Overall an awesome experience. Moving is often something you try not to do to regularly, but based on this experience i wouldn't think twice about moving again tomorrow if i had too. id like to express my thanks to all concerned within the company who helped us from start to finish.

If you need a hand to move your home, use Men That Move, Cheers!!!

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

I needed the guys to move me from a one bedder to a two bedder on the weekend. Must say that everything ran smoothly. Guys were at my place on time, quick and professional. Huge shout out to Adam who really helped making my move as uncomplicated as possible. Also great that you are providing the green boxes. Helped me massively. Cheers

Verified Customer

Excellent service, worked to my schedule

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

Excellent service from Adam and the boys at Men That Move. Able to come on short notice, moved everything in and out quickly and treated every box with care. A pleasure to deal with and a sense of humour to boot. Cannot recommend highly enough

Professional and Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2015

From booking, confirmations, on the day and after move,... the response has been faultless. The guys arrived ahead of time on the day and could not be more patient, helpful and nothing was a problem even when the move ran into the early evening which was not anticipated. They were sensational!

Not happy.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2015

I used Men That Move after reading these positive reviews last month for moving a 2bedder unit to another 2bedder unit.

Not happy with the service. I booked an afternoon shift for 2 men. Apparently it was a big job in the morning and so the removalists were late - 1530.
Received a call from head office in the day who stated they would be late, and whether I was happy for "another 3-man team" to come, which I agreed.

What turned up was two removalists who were tired from their previous job (one looked quite inexperienced), and a third man who was first week in the job, here in Australia on a working holiday.

The fatigue did show on the removalists, and the third man didn't really significantly speed things up as he was quite inexperienced (2 inexperienced in a team of 3).

The quality of care for my business left much to be desired, with a top shelf broken during transit, when enquired about it (given they are insured), the man just said "oh, it's only ikea furniture, doesn't take much to replace" (or words to that effect). I didn't bother arguing anymore, it was very late in the day. Their attitude towards my furniture was a little more rough than I anticipated, and often careless with my mattress.

I didn't really expect a discount, and I didn't get one (though I would've appreciated one given the suboptimal conditions I was placed under).

The Green Boxes system, have to admit, is a pretty good system.

Overall -> Not happy, and I was surprised there are almost no negative reviews of Men That Move anywhere online, I'll be the first for this.

• 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

4.5 stars, rounded up to 5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2015

3 very friendly removalists helped me move out of my 3-bedroom apartment. They arrived bang on time, and the move took 5.5 hours (including the 20 minute drive between homes). Not a single thing was broken or dropped.

The free rental of sturdy plastic moving boxes was a godsend; they made the moving very stress-free. My mistake was only hiring 35 boxes, when in reality I needed ~70! I needed to do several runs myself before moving day just to empty boxes to bring back and fill up again. An estimating guide would have been very useful, e.g. 15 for each kitchen/room, plus 10 as a buffer.

I say only 4.5 stars because the truck was not big enough to fit all of our stuff. Boxes and furniture fit fine, but I had to do a few runs afterwards for the 17 remaining pot plants which obviously could not be stacked for space efficiency. If I had ordered 70 packing boxes, I would have needed to do even more runs, or maybe even required the removalist to make 2 trips.

That said, very happy with the quality of service and efficiency of unloading in particular. A neighbour 2 doors down was unloading at the same time, and their removalist only managed to unload 10 items in the time it took for Men That Move to unload EVERYTHING!

Comments

Edit: didn't realise that there was a very cheap option to get a bigger truck! Consumer error :) That said, even if I saw this option I probably would have not selected it as I never believed I had... read more »

Easy and efficient!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2015

I had a very smooth experience with Men that Move recently. We got the free boxes as ordered and on the moving day the guys showed up on time ready to go. They were friendly and efficient and even though I was stressed about staying in schedule (both our old and new building had strict time slots during which the move had to to happen), they assured me that it would be alright and they did everything they could to speed things up while still making sure that they handled our things with care. In the end even the price was less than I had budgeted for the move which almost never happens. And when I forgot to use the voucher for the boxes at the time of payment, they were kind enough to agree to a refund even after the fact. I would highly recommend Men that Move!

Fantastic Removalist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2015

We recently used Men that Move to relocate from Sydney to Canberra.
The guys were fantastic, very reliable, careful and honest. Not a thing went wrong and the boys even offered to pack a few things they normally wouldn't. I would highly recommend Men that Move and will be using them again without question.

• 3 helpful votes

Fantastic! Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2015

Excellent customer service, upfront and honest pricing and time-keeping (charged in half hour units as opposed to whole hours, with no call out or hidden fees), and really polite and easy to deal with. Can't recommend them highly enough.

4 of 8 pages

Are you free some time this week? If you are please send me more detail and your rate. We have 1 upright piano as well. Eddy [contact detail removed]

Eddy asked on May 15, 2018

I would like to move from a one bedroom apartment in Wentworth Point to another apartment two blocks away on may 28th. can I please have a quote? My largest piece of furniture is a four draw lounge room cabinet that splits into two pieces.

Elizabeth2 asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi
Thank you for your enquiring with Men that Move, we would be happy to help with your move.
Our aim at Men that Move is to try and make moving simple and easy and we pride ourselves on offering a professional service with competitive pricing and no hidden costs.
We offer a range of different size trucks and services to best suit your moving needs.

These are as follows:

2 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $125/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (small) bedroom residences with a 2 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 30m3 truck - this is charged at $175/HR including GST - designed for 1 – 2 (large) bedroom residences with a 4 Hour minimum charge applied.

3 men with a 50m3 truck - this is charged at $195/HR including GST - designed for 3 – 4 (small) bedroom residences with a 6 Hour minimum charge applied.

4 men with a 60m3 truck - this is charged at $245/HR including GST - designed for 4 – 5(small) bedroom residences with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

5 men with a 80m3 truck - this is charged at $315/HR including GST - designed for large 5 bedroom properties (and above) with a 8 Hour minimum charge applied.

Additional Information about Men that Move and our services
Men that Move are a medium sized logistics company operating our services both locally and interstate. We own all trucks within our fleet, all our staff are employed, experienced and have a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude towards your move - with the aim of making the entire experience as quick, easy and as stress free as possible.
All our trucks come fully equipped with moving blankets, straps/ties, tools, trollies and moving dollies. As part of our services, each of our teams can dismantle beds and smaller furniture for you (if required) as well as handle the plumbing of domestic washing machines and dryers.
We do not use sub contactors for any of our services.
Storage
As part of our services we are proud to be able to offer both short term and long-term storage to our customers. We offer storage units that are 15m3 in volume, these are charged at $195 per unit, per month.
Our customers are not restricted in the number of units they may use at any one time. Access to your storage units can be arranged by appointment only.
PLEASE NOTE – for bookings that involve the customers items being placed into our storage units, the journey time back to our depot and the unloading time into the storage units (will be charged for by the hour as part of the overall booking). The first month’s storage fee will also be charged upfront.
We would require 7 days’ notice (minimum) for redelivery of your items. This will be charged for at the same rate as the initial move into storage. – inclusive of the loading time and travel required to the new delivery destination.
Boxes
As part of our services we are proud to provide 14 days’ free rental of our plastic ECO moving boxes, with free delivery and collection also included (conditions apply). You are not restricted in terms of quantity and our team will be happy to offer you any advice required regarding the packing of your items. We can also supply a range of packaging materials for use in your move at reasonable and competitive prices.
Additional information can be found at the following link: www.menthatmove.com/freeboxoffer

Insurance
We are proud to offer insurance as part of our services. This includes:
• public liability insurance
• property insurance
• transit insurance
These insurances are included without charge with all our services. Please visit the following link for further details about these policies - https://menthatmove.com/insurance/
Men that Move recommend that all customers supply their own insurance also for their move, to ensure the level of coverage meets expectations. Men that Move are unable to provide additional insurance or insurances related to goods left in storage.
Specialist Items
Men that Move are happy to help and assist in all aspects of your move however, there are some instances where certain items require specific attention and specialist knowledge, in order to be able to remove them safely and appropriately. Depending on the item in question, this may or may not incur additional charges.

These items include but are not limited to:

• Piano’s and Pool Tables
• Large Glass Pieces
• Large Marble/Concrete table tops
• Jukebox’s and Fish Tank’s
• Arcade machines
• Safes

If you have any of the above items, or an item that you feel may require specialist attention, please supply us the exact details of the item via email and we will refer this to our specialist removals team for advice.

Any item that weighs more than 75kg is considered a specialist item. Please ensure you supply details on any item over 75kg involved in your move.

Making a Booking
Our aim is to make everything involved with your move from start to finish as easy and convenient as possible. It is with this in mind that we simply ask you to make you booking online, using our simple to use online booking system, from the comfort of your own home. Please visit the following link to book your move now: https://menthatmove.com/location/

Here you will also be able to select the service you require and check the dates we are available, whilst you are organizing your move. Our systems are “live” 24hrs a day and so provide up to date and accurate information to help assist you in the best way possible.

You will be required to place a deposit to secure your booking, once the details have been processed online.

Terms and Conditions of booking
We are proud of the services we are offer including our high levels of customer service and care. So that you are fully informed, please visit the following link to view the Terms and Conditions relevant to these services and bookings - https://menthatmove.com/terms-local-moves/

And finally…
Please visit our website www.menthatmove.com for further information about our company and the services we are pleased to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email if you wish to discuss any of the above points further, have any further questions or if you would like to make a booking.
Our team will be happy to assist you any way that they can.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards