Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Fantastic build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

The workmanship and build quality of our new house was excellent. Our site manager / building supervisor was really good and helpful.
Very well managed and the construction was completed well before the due date.
Excellent customer service and support. Staff was always helpful when you call them for any queries
We will recommend Metricon to all our family and friends.

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Our build has been faster than we had been quoted - so far the quality has been without problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Our build is not yet completed! However, so far it is well ahead of schedule which is due entirely to the programming and management by [name removed], our building supervisor.
He has been available to us most of the time but it is better to ring him rather than try to contact him by SMS.
Nothing has been a problem for him and his attention to detail id freaky. If he, or we notice legitimate problems they are scheduled for resolution forthwith.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Unsatisfactory Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Construction Services have been very slow and not up to the mark specially at the time of finalisation. Not attending the phone calls, not replying to the emails and not able to meet the targets as promised. Seems like after they have got the major chunk of payments, they seem to have lost their interest in finalisation which is very visible from the fact that all the homes in our neighbourhood which started construction much after us have already been completed and families have moved in. Very disappointed with “Australia’s Top Builders”

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Shalini Gupta, We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to investigate the above matter regarding communication during Construction. If you coul... read more »

Details have been sent at the email provided.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Excellent Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

We would like to dedicate our special thanks to the site manager for his excellent job and customer service. He has been demonstrated his dedication and commitment to the build of our FIRST HOME. He contacted us regularly to update the build progress. He never say "NO", whenever we sent someone around for the quotations. Nevertheless, we're pretty happy with the quality and customer service!

Point Cook

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Dear Award Metricon, Love you become my nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Ref: Customer code: 493781
Your Ref 685010

I have paid first deposit on 17th November, 2017 and had contract at same date. We agreed that I will come back from China on middle of October to do colure design and sign final contract.
I came back on 18th October and [name removed] (your sales) was going to the holiday for two weeks. We meet him at end of October we found that Metricon even not finished final drawing and not scheduled our colure design. We visited [name removed] many times at your office and send complaint letter on 9th November. We also told your staff our complaint at studio M but until today almost one month late still no reply from Metricon.
Our return flight tickets are on 28th December I wish I can got final drawing and final colure design within 8 month and two weeks from first payment day. I wish Chinese people are able to trust your company brand and Australia Reward.
Best Regards,

George

Dear Metricon Customer Care,

I am very glad to find word the "Metricon Customer Care". I have try my best efforts and to be great patient in order to get Australia award's builder service (even not expected care) but the true story is not easy. Your reply is first response from Metricon after first written complaint to [name removed]. I would like to say that " Dear Award Metricon, Love you become my nightmare". Yes it is true story that "Choice Award Metricon just like song broken my heart". Facts and the timeline are as following:
1. First deposit $1500 and initial contract was signed on 17th April 2017.
2. Metricon promised we will obtain the initial drawing and floor plan within two weeks. However, Metricon failed to deliver the floor plan on schedule. Therefore, I had to go back to my business in China on 7th May after one month completely wasted in Australia.
3. We reached agreement with the Sanctuary Lakes Committee on the floor plan and façade treatment on 12th July. We believed the plan was prepared by Metricon, agreed by us and approved by Sanctuary Lakes. Consequently, there should be no further questions but just some paper works to be done. Surprisingly, on 14th September Metricon decided to submit another design to Sanctuary Lakes without prior notifying us nor obtaining our permission. The design was completely different and even Sanctuary Lakes Committee was surprised to see it, since they also thought all parties have reached an agreement in July. Clearly, this plan was not approved by both Sanctuary Lakes and us, so it wasted another two months of effort conservatively speaking.
4. Nonetheless, I was explicitly informed that I would be able to see the final drawings by 2nd of October. According to my experience with Metricon so far, I booked my flight on 18th October to arrive Melbourne just to allow more time for your slow system to proceed. My son informed [name removed] for the date of my arrival and my expectation to see the final drawings. Not surprisingly, [name removed] was on his week off, and wouldn't be able to see us on 2nd of November. I understand that [name removed] deserved his personal leisure time, but what really upsets me is the Metricon system was not functioning during this whole time. When we finally met him on 2nd November, all we got was the same drawings as 12th July. Seriously, I mean for God's sake, it took Metricon four months to get here and you could not even get to draw the pillar right. As a result, we were told the plan could finally be submitted and drawn, which should happen three months ago. Again, Metricon broke its promise and delayed us for another four moths.
5. At last, on our last meeting with [name removed], we was told even the process has been delayed, on the middle of next week we would know the date to receive our final drawings. This date should be roughly before January since, the drawings takes up to three weeks. After three weeks of no response, we were notified that the plan has not been sent to drawings yet, hence we could only hope to see that drawings on late January. This scored another two weeks for the delay team.

So, Metricon please, let me do the math for you: Start from 17th April 2017 the initial deposit date to 8th December 2017, it has already been eight months of working and we do not even have the final drawings yet. Besides that, guess how many month Metricon wasted? Two weeks plus four months plus another two weeks equals to five months!

Please understand this complaint letter is not against our agent [name removed]. He has been working hard to help us and as he told me in the phone today he had already spoken to the managers to push the schedule. So the letter is complaining about the frustrating system to deliver value to customer in Metricon.

Like I already mentioned in my previous complaint letter. So I am requesting Metricon to take customer experience more seriously. Since I will leave Melbourne at the end of December, I wish the final drawings and color selection and contract to be signed before that time. Therefore we can at least recover some of the time wasted in the last seven months and moving forward.

As a customer with Chinese background, I was surprised for Metricon's slow-reaction and progressing time as the top building company in Australia. I believe none of the foreign investors will favor such long period of waiting time. The only reason for me to holding my complaint and experience from the product review, ACCC and Chinese social media is because our Agent [name removed] worked hard to communicate and explain the situation to us. Hence I am willing to maintain my patience a bit more.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi George, Our Customer Care team have received the above review via Private Message last week. As per our correspondence, you will be contacted today to schedule your Studio M appointment for sel... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great Experience with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

We couldn’t be happier with the workmanship and quality of our home. It was finished just as we imagined it would be. With weekly updates from our excellent site manager (name removed) the process ran very smoothly and exceeded our expectations. We would certainly look to build with Metricon again in the future and will be recommending Metricon to family and friends.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great new house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Building a home with Metricon has been a great experience, at times a little slow, but are happy with the overall outcome. From the original Sales consultant to staff at M Studio and Stratus, though the contract phase and onto the construction team the service has been been great. Our Site Manager regularly contacted us with updates of progress and the activities that were coming up in the following week.
It is easy to see that Metricon strive to get the best out of all trades with the quality of workmanship being of a very high standard which shows that each trade takes pride in their work.
This is our third house build and was by far the easiest build. I would be very happy to recommend Metricon to others.

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Stressful and Frustrating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

So, me and my husband is about to build our FIRST HOME, we have no idea with the process about building, so we believed on what is been told to us by this company and on what they advertised that they are the best builder. We signed the contract and was told that we can add upgrades even after signing it will be like a variations, the sales person said we can do upgrades as a variations.

And we started the process with our efficient coordinator. Our first Coordinator is Great and the Best. Our request are easily addressed, smooth sailing, she explains things and the reason behind it and always comes up with alternative options when we don't like something, all issues easily fixed and she communicates very well, response to my emails on the same day or the next day. Apparently she has to go on maternity leave.

Then new people took over, as far as I know whole new bunch of new people in the metricon team. Our frustration starts. Some upgrades that we want that is on the upgrade list of our home range was declined, reason? We don't know because there is no explanations. They declined variations we requested with our 1st coordinator. I am asking them why my 1st coordinator was able to assist us with those upgrade request and now they are declining it. There will be no update on what is going on unless you will email them. The worst part is I feel like we are begging them to do the upgrade!

The upgrades that was approved is a long conversation and feels like I begged it for them to approve it. Poor customer service from the new Customer Coordinator. We don't received regular update on what is going on. Its an ongoing issue for 3 months!

Its been a slow process and difficult since the new Coordinator team took over.

Not happy and not excited to build anymore! Starting to regret why I choose this company. We are only at the planning stage and we are already frustrated.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Charmine, We have received your review via private message on December 12th and advised this matter is currently being reviewed by Management. We have also received the same correspondence via ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Excellent Experience Building with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

We are so happy we built our new home with Metricon. It has been hassle free the whole way through. Home was finished in time frame we had asked for - before Christmas. The customer support has been awesome - they have been with us every step of the way and nothing is ever too much trouble. The whole team are very friendly and knowledgeable. Our site manager was amazing and his tradies were perfectionists! We are so happy with the end result and have watched the build from beginning to end and know we have a great quality home. We would recommend Metricon to anyone without a doubt. Thank you so much to the whole Metricon team from the Sales consultant Customer Relationship Consultant, Colour Consultants, Super Site Manager and the superb Tradesman! A special mention to our site manager - he's a keeper Metricon, a great asset to your company. Love where you Live! :-)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

First build experience was flawless

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

[name removed] from Metricon as a site supervisor/project manager was fantastic with updates and professional service 10/10
When we needed access to see our home he would fit us in, as both my husband and I work 7 days it can be difficult to get us both in the same location as the same time and [name removed] understood and worked around our schedule.
Metricon as a whole are a very helpful and productive team.
Timing of the home was just perfect being finalised prior to Christmas break :)

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Fantastic first build experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

As this is the first time we've built, Metricon and in particular our building supervisor [name removed] was a star, guiding us through the process. From the outset we were advised on where Metricon was in the build, which stages were coming and what we could keep an eye out for (wanting to be involved wherever possible).
Initially the assistance in setting our design and contract was great - very professional and transparent.
The subsequent visit to Metricon's studios to make final design choices was helpful and not pushing us to buy more but to decide on what fitted us best. It showed a company focusing on the client and readiness to adapt to client needs.
It was this readiness and flexibility to help which made the key difference for us, making the build a personal process, rather than a box ticking exercise. While as someone building quickly learns, there's of course a lot of stress in terms of managing funds, times, legals, documented formalities and even people, the real focus needed to be on making sure our home was built well, and [name removed] (and the staff at Metricon HQ) really helped more than anyone in this.
The communication from the accounts team was helpful and answered clearly and quickly. The build itself progressed quickly; remarkably so despite weather and initial delays with approvals. Once started, we were kept involved by [name removed] who provided superb advice and support, regardless of the questions, and he clearly knew both his role and his teams'. His goal is clearly to provide an excellent result, to create a bespoke home, not just to complete a task and build a house.
The work they have produced (despite being new to building) is in our opinion, absolutely top notch, an opinion seconded by several of our friends who have built multiple homes. After the build was completed we had a 3rd party double check the work (we had this booked before the build commenced), but I must say it wasn't necessary as [name removed] team had already picked up on everything and he actively walked us through minute details we would have missed.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Impressed by the Quality of service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Over the course of our Metricon building journey we were often asked by well meaning family and friends how the construction was going, only to surprise them and their slanted view of the building world by telling them that it was extremely positive and stress free. In fact that is exactly how we can sum up our experience with Metricon. From our first meeting with consultant [name removed], right through pre construction, the teams at Metricon ensured that they guided us every step of the way. This guidance however was heightened to exceptional proportions by our site manager, [name removed]. From the very start [name removed] set out to make sure that the end product would be one that he would be proud of. He treated his job seriously and our home like it was his own. [name removed] was at all times approachable and accessible. His attention to detail was faultless. He made sure that he explained every stage thoroughly, answering our questions with expert knowledge and professionalism. The only few hiccups that we encountered were dealt with quickly and efficiently by him. [name removed] went through great lengths to please us taking the time to problem solve any issues with outstanding results. Because of his ingenuity and commitment our kitchen tiles are amazing and the pantry, staircase and timber doors beautiful. [name removed] is a great asset to Metricon. We would gladly recommend Metricon as we can testify that this building company cares about and will work with their client to ensure that they provide a quality home that their client is happy with.
Anna and George
Sandringham NSW

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Glad we chose Metricon!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

The customer service and support of the Metricon team that looked after us, was great! We are thankful for the patience and all the help from the metricon team, throughout the whole journey. Besides a few things we are overall, satisfied with the end result. We would have liked more assistance at the start and as new house builders we were expecting a house similar to the house we were shown at the display village and not realising the numerous upgrades that aren't included. But happy with the team and how the build was managed!

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

They were absolutely brilliant in every stage of the build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Quality of the work was great, they were efficient and effective in delivering the requirments.
Management of the build was very impressive i didn't expect the quality and efficiency of Warrens work. It impressed me as well as many friends and relatives. He was always on the ball from the beginning to the end. The support team at metricon just finished the team effort with flying colours as every stage finished [name removed] will have got in contact with me as well as answering any questions i had straight away not leaving me hanging there at all. Really impressive work from metricon. I highly recommend to give them a go, they really wont disappoint.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Amazing site supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

We have just received handover off our two story home which was started in June/ July. We have built with metricon several times before, but this time was amazing all due to our site supervisor [name removed]. He was so fantastic to deal with, a happy positive person were nothing was ever to much trouble. His response time to emails and phone call was straight away. We had our house built in a fantastic time with quality finished and amazing trades men. This was our fourth time building and to simple put it was our best all due to [name removed]. Metricon needs to hold onto him and never let him go. What a asset to have to a team great person and would recommend 10 stars to him.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Stress-Free Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Everyone said building would be a really stressful time for us but we had no stress at all. Our experience from initially viewing the display home all the way through to handover was completely stress free. All of our contacts in the office were great, especially [name removed] our Building Support Manager. Our Site Manager was amazing, always able to help us to resolve any issues or queries along the way. My only negative would be the girls in the tile selection, even though your head is swimming with all of the information you have to take in, make sure you double check everything they do, they were the only negative experience throughout the process. We got a quality home with quality finishes, facilitated by our Site Manager [name removed], who did an outstanding job in ensuring we got what we wanted to a really high standard. You really do get what you pay for.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Debbie, Thank you for taking the time to share your Metricon journey with us, we are delighted to read about your stress free building experience. Thank you for recognising the assistance of our... read more »

Good quality and fast builders !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

We have just finished building our first home with Metricon! We were so impressed with their service and work standard, our supervisor [name removed] constantly kept us in the loop with regular updates from the moment the slab was down right through to our final inspection.

The tradies worked hard to have our house completed in time for Christmas which was a major bonus, as we were renting!

We are so excited to move in and have no regrets choosing to build with Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rsinclair, Thank you for sharing your 5 STAR experience with our readers! We are proud to read you are happy with the service and standard of work provided by our team. It certainly is a credit ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Excellent company and builders!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I built my first home with Metricon and it was an amazing experience. My building supervisor was [name removed] and he is outstanding and passionate about his job. [name removed] was my building support co-ordinator. I had weekly updates about the progress of the build and [Name removed] went above and beyond in helping me as i lived interstate to the build. [Name Removed] was patient and answered all my questions and took the time to explain everything. I also received weekly videos and photos showing the progress of the build. I had an early settlement because the build was completed faster then anticipated and there were no issues with the build. I am definitely building again with Metricon for my next home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Maggie F, Congratulations on building your first home and choosing Metricon as the builder. We are pleased to read your Site Supervisor was outstanding throughout the construction of your home, ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 question
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Excellent Building Experience with Metricon (Phoenix)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Excellent Building Experience with Metricon (Phoenix)

Metricon has made our first home building experience a real pleasure. We cannot begin
without appreciate our building site Manager [name removed]. He was so amazing person with the quality of attention to detail. Always answer all our queries and explain even minute thing. His outstanding performances let us get our home 3 months before the settlement date.
We are so pleased the way Meticon treat us as a valued customer during construction
stage. Never hesitate to resolve the minor issues with ease and pain less. The end result was
immaculate.
Apart from few minor issues we had during pre-construction phase, we are 100% happy
customer. Highly recommend Metricon those who have the plan to build their dream home.
Special thanks to
[name removed]: New Home Advisor
[name removed]: Customer Support Co-ordinator
[name removed]: Building Support Co-Ordinator
[name removed]: Building Manager

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dileesh, We are delighted to read about yet another happy Metricon customer. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with wonderful feedback on your experience. It certainly is impressive to... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Extremely Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

We recently built two homes at Clyde. [name removed] was our supervisor. We received a phone call from [name removed] as soon as slab was done to introduce himself. We then met [name removed] on site to explain how things would go. He was extremely professional and we were Instantly at ease knowing our two new houses were in good hands. [name removed] rang us every Tuesday to provide information updates and always answered his phone if we needed to talk to him. Upon completion of houses he met us on site and clearly explained every next step that we needed to do.
We have no hesitation in recommending Metricon to anyone and we have nothing but praise for [name removed]. He is an attribute to your business.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jenny, We appreciate you taking the time to share your Metricon journey with us. We are proud to know your Site Supervisor was professional and provided you with weekly updates. Thank you for re... read more »

1 of 75 pages

Our building contract expired on 1st Nov 2017. Our delays are mainly due to pre-contract factor where the drawings given by Metricon had lots of non compliant mistakes which took forever to be resolved. We have requested waiver for the extension to allow demolution of house and get the finance ready, which Metricon had denied as they said when the contract was signed we accepted end of contract date which includes any precontract delays. We now have to pay for their delays and mistakes. Has anyone been in situations who may have been able to get the extension. Thanks Ruku

Ruku asked on Dec 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Ruku, I suggest you document their specific delays and mistakes, plus other reasons for delay. If, on balance, it is clear that Metricon are mostly at fault then this should be pointed out to them in a written 'notice of dispute' to their 'nominated person' asking for the waiver. If you do this you must follow the dispute procedure in the contract exactly and correctly. Check in your contract that email is an appropriate method of communication, it may not be! Metricon are obliged to follow the appropriate procedure. They should quickly address the issue to your satisfaction. Let us know how you go. Peter

Hi Peter,
Thanks so much for your valuable input. I have already written a letter with the detailed list of non-compliance mistakes made and the time it took to resolve these. Despite this Metricon has dismissed the claim. In June, the operation manager said to get extension he will need to charge for the promos that I did not have to pay for. Recently closer to DA approval, council asked to fix a number of additional non compliance fix which added extra delay. After DA is approved the stamped DA bounced back twice to the council as the council said the mailing address in the application submitted by Metricon was incorrect, so more waste of time. Few days back I was told to sign section 89 as I was made to unnecessarily gloss two windows which overlooks the backyard. Metricon called me yesterday to say construction certificate cannot be applied until section 89 is approved which will take another 6 to 8 weeks which was never explained to me when they knew I was already under so much stress due to pre-DA delays. This means more delays and penalties. I left my initials deposit in Nov 2016 and it is not acceptable to me that construction certificate will be applied in Feb 2018 with late penalties to me. I am in a complete meltdown state now. I have written a signed letter to Metricon to express my concerns. Currently waiting to hear from them.

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has negotiated their liquidated damages for late completion clause in Metricon's HIA standard contract to a more realistic amount then $30 per day? In Melbourne and Sydney the accommodation costs if a build is delayed would be around $150 per day. Peter

Peter asked on Nov 26, 2017

Answer this

$150 per day should be imposed by the government and consumer law. With $150 a day liqudated damages Metricon with would simply saved me thousands of $$$. 4 month late and we still are not notified as per clause 19.2 in the contract which states that Builder must give owner in writing the reason for delay and the extention of time. HERE IS A BIG LEGAL ISSUE MetriCON and somebody will have to answer sooner or later!!!

Oh dear, can the authorities who might read this shed some light on this? This is a home, surely comfort, security and peace of mind for the client takes priority in the right circumstances? How sad is all this.

Hi Metricon, Is this clause in your contracts negotiable before signing? What rough % of customers have different amounts agreed? Peter

When taking on building a house with demolition would you be able to give a fixed price?

Rob asked on Nov 21, 2017

Hi Rob,
Thank you for your query.
This is certainly an option we can offer. There is a process in getting a fixed quote which involves obtaining all relevant site specific information. We hope this helps with your query. If we can be of further assistance, kindly contact our team on 1300 METRICON ( 1300 638 742 ).
Metricon Customer Care