Filter By:

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Metricon builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Very good. 5 stars. Quality is very good. Would recommend to others. [name removed] is a very good site manager. Made sure that everything was in order during the build period. Went out his way sometimes to accommodate us. Would recommend him as a site supervisor. House was finished ahead of schedule. We're happy with the result. All good from us.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

ABOVE & BEYOND

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

We initially chose Metricon because of their excellent rating online and we have certainly not been disappointed. To be honest what has blown our minds the most is our site manager [name removed], he has been the most exceptionally supportive, communicative and hard working manager we could have ever hoped for and I guess that’s also a testament to the quality of people Metricon employs. The rate at which our home was built was phenomenal, the quality exceptional, and assistance and support above and beyond any expectations we’ve ever had. There was a delay to our flooring (materials stuck in immigration) and [name removed] was all over it, got us an upgraded version free of charge to slow down any delay then there was no delay at all in the end because he managed to make it all happen in time...don’t know how but what a legend!! No stress on us just huge smiles with our beautiful upgraded floors and our home finished on time.

My husband and I have worked very hard for our home and we feel incredibly blessed to have had the experience we’ve had and to have been given [name removed] as our site manager. Can’t recommend Metricon enough and we mean that with all sincerity.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2019

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

We chosen Metricon to build our new home in this year, and we are happy with their professional and very kind services. Our customer support coordinator [name removed] always promptly provided her excellent services and tried her best to solve our problems. Especially we asked her attend all our Studio M appointments and gave to us good advice. This is our first time to build a new home, we have no any idea about that, but she always patiently explained to us until we are clear. We are greatly appreciated it.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Metricon Homes did an outstanding job from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Metricon is indeed an excellent example of a quality home builder. Throughout the construction process, I mean from start to finish each process was very smooth. We did look around some other builders as well as Metricon but in the end we choose to build our home with Metricon as they were offering us better design, upgrades what we wanted, Less waiting time for construction. They just completed our home ahead of schedule and quality is outstanding. The staff at the office is very helpful and they were always available when we need them, makes you less worried. Our building supervisor [name removed] is just brilliant. He gave us updates regarding the construction every week. We did not have to ring him to get an update, not even once. The attention to details inside is just amazing. We meet with [name removed] on few occasion during the building Process at work site to see the work, he explained us everything what’s been done what they are doing next. Anything regarding building work we requested [name removed], he just follow that up immediately. On an occasion I asked [name removed] something regarding the roof tiles and he follow that up immediately, Next day it was done. The quality and workmanship in our home is just outstanding. We love our New home.
We could not ask for better experience and I highly recommend Metricon Home.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Planning over - about to start Construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

We have just completed all the home inclusion selections, have CDC approval and are about to commence construction. It has been a long road - primarily due to new Council water treatment regulations - but well worth it we hope. Metricon have been very accommodating throughout the whole process and we are about to commence construction in a good relationship with our chosen builder. Thanks for the great service to date.

Responsive and efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

The service at Metricon has been wonderful, the sales team was amazing and the studio M experience was great. The overall service was very responsive and proactive. They always answered my calls and were accommodating to all the questions we had being our first home. Definitely, no regrets at all in our choice to go with Metricon over any other builder.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Stress free first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I have got to hand it to all involved in our build; the quality of the home, the rapid turn around and above all else the EXCELLENT communication between the construction manager, admin and accounts. We always knew exactly what was happening and had such a smooth transition into our new home. The tiler even sent me pictures of the tiles when he opened the stock, just to ensure there no issues.

Champion Site Manager!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

We are currently nearing completion of our new home build and are taking this opportunity to post some feedback on our experiences with our site manager - [name removed] from Metricon Signature division. From day one we have had a completely positive experience and his levels of customer service have been exemplary. Whilst we work in the construction industry ourselves, building your own new home is a daunting experience for most people and our manager has been there every step of the way providing re-assurance, addressing concerns and explaining specific construction techniques. [name removed]'s organisation, planning and project management has been top level!. He has been very diligent with his regular updates keeping us informed of what has been done and what has been planned next. Despite managing multiple projects concurrently [name removed] displays a high level of energy, enthusiasm, construction knowledge and customer service which has made our new home construction experience relatively stress free to date.

We look forward to the final stages of construction through to successful completion where this review will be updated to reflect our end to end Metricon experience. Stay tuned...

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2018

NOT LOVING WHERE I LIVE!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Where do I begin!!
My wife and I were looking forward to building our dream house not only for us but also for the kids. The process from selecting the house, extras and contract stage was relatively easy until the build started.
The quality of workmanship is below standard. Things that were noticed during the walk through were not fixed. We moved into the house in Jan with a letter of undertaking to ensure the things we were not entirely happy with would be rectified. We are now in September and I still have tradesman coming to fix things. Our heater wasn't working correctly so hopefully after the 4th time they have attended, I hope it has been fixed.
We have had a leak in the roof with the company coming out 5 times to fix it, the last time today, so I can only hope this has been rectified, but who knows until it rains again.
They removed the toilet to fix the pipes which took a week.
Multiple issues with paint.
Multiple issues with plaster.
Concrete in the alfresco area had holes in it.
I couldn't open the sliding door to get out onto the alfresco as it would open.
Aircon didn't work when we moved in.
Staircase has been repainted 3 times due to the dents and marks left by other trades.
Shadow line on the staircase looks questionable.
I guess these are the things that you expect to get right the first time.
The person I dealt with at head office regarding our concerns is terrible. She doesn't get back to you ever!!

The entire process to have things rectified has been slow and painstaking. Continuously having to make yourself available for them to come and fix issues is becoming tiresome after 7 months.

I cant believe how long it takes a company as big as Metricon who prides themselves on service and customer satisfaction to complete our concerns that should have rectified months ago.

Caveat emptor!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Azzi, Thank you for your contact with Metricon in October in which we understand our team was in contact to address your issues at the time. Apologies if there are items not yet rectified. We a... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Azzi, We have been advised that the painter/plasterer has booked in for the 15/11 to undertake remaining repairs. Kitchen Innovations have also booked in to attend on this date. We have request... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Excellent build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Thank you Metricon team and special thank to Signature Site Manager.

Having never built a house before I am unable to make comparisons but overall the build experience with Metricon has been positive even there were some miner mistakes during the building construction, the house has been finished nicely.
We are happy with the final outcome of our new house.

Working with [name removed] (Signature Site Manager) has been another good experience.

We recommend Metricon as a very good and professional building company.

Thank you again to the team of Metricon for building our beautiful new home.

Satisfied Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

The build went smoothly and [name removed] & [name removed] made me feel secured that we will have our new house soon. [name removed] always gives updates and always contactable. He is detailed as well with the build that’s why we are happy upon house inspection and eventually house turnover. He is very welcoming & accommodating and gives good suggestions & recommendations.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Best Customer Support Coordinator and Best Sales and Marketing team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I had a fantastic experience with Metricon from start to pre-construction stage. My Customer Support Coordinator Jessie Shi is a very professional and warm hearted person. She assist us to work with different teams ( Sales, structure , tiles ,Internal, external designs ) to design our dream home! She is extremely patient, and carefully and thoughtfully dealing with all of our questions, request of variations. Without her and her team, we don't think we could work out our dream home design. We are very lucky to have her as our customer support coordinator and we appreciate all the quality of services provided by Metricon ( all teams) ! We cant wait to see our dream home next year!

I also would like to thank my sales manager Michael Zhu, he has great experience with helping customer who builds their home, he and his team spent hours to talk to us to know what we want and made really good recommendation to us , then we were able to make the first step of building our house. He is very knowledgable and patient! We really appreciate him and his team to guide us for the whole process ! We are 100% sure to recommend Metricon to people who want to build , they will make you happy !

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Metricon Build so far so good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

So far so good with Metricon build, very close to lock up now and looking good. Its been nice seeing the house take shape inside and out off the plans.
Site Manager [name removed] has been 5 star - good communication & updates of whats happening on site and when.
Also a special mention to [name removed] who was great to deal with during selections.
Only real issue has been with Hebel; a very exposed joint on back column which makes no sense and looks terrible; some chipping between finished panels - [name removed] indicating these will be rectified.
Outside of this very happy and looking forward to next stages!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

‘Love where you live’

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I built in wodonga, Victoria and can’t speak highly enough of the team here. From day 1, with the team in shepp organising my studio M and tile appointments, to my site supervisor [name removed] kept me in the loop and updated me weekly with how things were going. The quality of the build is great and there’s not a lot I would change. People often ask me if I’d ever build with metricon again, and I have no doubt whatsoever the answer would be yes. really happy with the outcome and grateful to the team

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Building with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

From making our selections at Studio M right through to the build, dealing with Metricon has been a breeze! All Metricon staff we have dealt with have been extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. Cannot speak more highly of our site manager [name removed] who has kept us informed right through the process. Quality of the work overall has been excellent with minimal issues. Each stage of the build was completed well ahead of time which has exceeded our expectations. Highly recommend Metricon as your builder if you wish to build your dream home, 5 stars all the way.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi nruttley, Great to read to your build with Metricon has been a breeze. We are happy to know that all our staff has been extremely knowledgeable and accommodating during your building process us.... read more »

Love where you live

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

from day one I found Metricon staff very easy to work with they have enabled me to get the right house addressing all my requirements. The team in sales assisted with accurate pricing along with co-ordinating my visit to Studio M for my selections. Within the visit the staff were welcoming and made me feel comfortable with asking any questions round the colours, fixtures and fittings I selected.
Throughout my purchase the Building Support Co-ordinate [name removed] has communicated with me around any variations and time lines that I needed to be aware of with the Site Manager focusing on the actual building of my house.
From the day my land was released until today [name removed] has communicated with me on a weekly bases and in each section of the build [name removed] has successfully brought together every part of my house. The trades people he has worked with have preformed beyond my expectations meeting an excellent out come of me being able to have my house completed to a standard beyond my expectations.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Unprofessional and no care factor. Metricons slogan means nothing to them

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

From start to finish my build has had more negatives than positives. From initial contact, I was promised a MyAir ducted air controller from their Salesperson, [name removed], but have never seen it. Only for her to call me and say she’s not willing to give me it anymore nor pay for one - Metricons famous tactic is to call so there is nothing in writing for evidence.
[name removed] constantly gave me the run around with her lies etc and even sent me to appointments to view the studio and I was never booked in, so I was made to look stupid and had to leave.
The general knowledge of the so called interior designers was below average from what you’d expect from a large company. Product knowledge was at an all time low and made the selection experience daunting.
Never received a site meeting prior to the start of the build, only to find the build had started as I received an invoice.
I had a call from a so called manager, [name removed], in regards to me questioning why I never received a site meeting and his excuse was they were too busy to give me a site meeting. And he also called me in regards to issues I posted on social media asking me to take them down. Pathetic if you ask me.
Constant issues with the incompetent trades in the house and then it not helping having 3 different supervisors throughout the build, none of which gave a damn about your concerns, nor had much interest in getting items rectified. Blatantly lying about items being rectified and still, to this day, I doubt they were ever rectified and now they can’t be seen as the walls are on. Also being told not to worry about poorly fitted items as you won’t be able to see them.
It has been a few weeks since handover and the items that I am finding are atrocious. Tiles not grouted and left a mess under laundry tub, paint work not complete, infills above windows coming off. I would love to see evidence of qualifications of the so called trades people that were through my house and from what I know, I haven’t received any certificates of compliance - I’m sure Metricon are legally required to supply these certificates within an amount of time when the job is completed.
I have also not heard from Metricon since handover, and they emailed saying they would be in contact with a few weeks to discuss any issues.
Good one, Metricon. Never a care in the world from the get go.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi AntzR, We are sorry to read of your experience. Please allow us to bring this to the attention of the relevant management teams and to also ensure any outstanding items are being addressed acco... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2018

EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

From the start Metricon have been very easy to work with. We have made a lot of changes along the way and every time they have been very accommodating and granted our wishes. The site manager ([name removed]) has been fantastic, his patience and professionalism has made the build a very pleasant experience. He also taught us a lot about the construction process and answered every question we asked, and believe me there were a lot of questions!!! I would definitely build with Metricon again given the chance.

Our Metricon house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

The salesman ([name removed]), admin ([name removed] and [name removed]) and Studio M teams ([name removed] & [name removed]) were all very pleasant, helpful and efficient. The building supervisor, [name removed], was outstanding, using 'reverse build' to good effect. Metricon were willing to make changes to a standard design plan to allow for our specific disability requirements. Final cost exceeded estimate due to site issues (levelling rock). We're looking forward to living in our new home.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Metricon are a joke!! Do not build with Metricon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Not even sure where to begin here.... The overall build quality is utterly horrendous! From the smallest detail like the painting, the finishes around the tiling and door frames, the bowed front doors, the cracked and chipped bathtub, the leaking shower screens, cracked shower heads that squirt water out of the side, the gutters cut too short so they don't sit flush against the wall, bent and scratched metal fences, chipped and marked stone bench-tops to the more major structural problems like water leaks coming through top and bottom window sills (which they have not been able to fix since December 2017) and have now just resorted to slapping more and more silicon around the window frames (which is a band-aid solution) and obviously not fixing the issue, and floors that are so far OFF level, that the wardrobe doors keep sliding open despite me adjusting the wheels on the door to their maximum height!

I could keep going on and on about the disgraceful workmanship as examples are everywhere, they couldn't even be bothered attaching the stainless steel panel at the bottom of the dishwasher! Just propped it up against it!!! Who does that?

I have been tempted to walk into their showroom to offer people to see what a real-life Metricon build looks like, not the polished showroom.. I am sick and tired of constantly chasing and following up with Metricon to come and repair these issues!! We have a young family and the stress this has caused us is staggering..

All the Metricon builder could do when I showed them some of these issues was shake his head in disbelief, and despite him trying hard to assure me they will fix anything and everything I want, he was forced to admit he himself would not accept this level of quality and couldn't hide the astonishment from his face. Thats AFTER the fact that the first Metricon builder went MIA, trying for weeks to get in contact with him until I was finally escalated to his boss... The fact is we were given a really bad end-product, which might I add we paid TOP DOLLAR for in Sydney, built by cheap labour they've flown in from around the country who clearly don't care about the level of quality they're pushing out..

We're considering taking legal action against Metricon because enough is enough! We have felt absolutely helpless throughout this process.. Also seems all of our neighbours are on the same boat.. Leaking windows, roofs, etc etc etc.. If we ever choose to sell this home, we will have a difficult time because any experienced buyer will steer clear away. This being our first home, we were inexperienced but we have learned some important lessons.. Save yourselves the heartache and stress, and steer clear away from these greedy builders...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nikc84, We are extremely dissapointed to read of the quality of your home. We would like help ensure the items raised will be addressed accordingly for you. Kindly send us an email to customerc... read more »

1 of 105 pages

Metricon contractor dumped rubbish on my block. I did contact relavent office 4 time within last 9 days but no response. Who will be the best person to contact for this complaint?

Jigna asked on Nov 13, 2018

Hi Jigna,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologise if our team has not responded to you. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au with an outline of your concerns, your address and the related Metricon site. We await your contact to further assist.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

Hi Matricon, Would you please mention sincerely the accurate time frame to build 4 Broom single storey AMIRA house. I would like to start ASAP next year and is there anything good offer available at this moment?

Bowen asked on Nov 12, 2018

Hi Bowen,
Thank you for your interest in Metricon Homes. We generally allow 6 - 8 months for the construction of a single storey home although we always aim for completion much earlier. Our promotions vary from region to region, to find out more information for your specific build region please don't hesitate to contact our friendly team on 1300 METRICON ( 1300 638 742 ), a member of our team will direct you to your local New Home Advisor.
We look forward to assisting you with your next project.
Kindest Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Hi Bowen Do not trust until they give you everything in written especially sales division. Put every step in detail and take date on start in contract as they are expert when it comes to delay on minor requests by customers but behave as deaf when it’s there turn to give answers Thanks

Thanks Ajay n Metricon.Sales consultant was really helpful and always alllowed us extra time to discuss our needs. He was telling me around 4-5 months they will handover a key once they start construction. How far can a sales consultant control over building super visor or manager? Do I really have to come across argument situation regards to whole building process or they are enough helpful to fix our issues as heartly as in the beginning process.. waiting for response. Thanks everyone.

Hi Metricon We did a knockdown and rebuild in 2014/15 in Dromana Vic. Everything has been great until now. One of the downlights in our ensuite failed a few weeks ago and we are unable to get a replacement anywhere. Can you tell us where to get a replacement. Also just this week our iView doorbell has failed. It seems that there is no power going to the system. Where is the power supply located? Are you able to help or who do we contact? Regards John L.

lynjohn asked on Nov 02, 2018

Hi lynjohn,
Thank you for contacting Metricon. Kindly forward all post build related queries and warranty claims to serviceandwarrantymelbourne@metricon.com.au who will able to assist. Thank you for building with Metricon and we look forward to your contact.
Kind Regards,