Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Most Amazing people to deal with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

From day one when I walked into my estate, I was welcomed by [name removed] a new home advisor from Metricon and the level of customer service she provided was amazing! After looking at a previous 3-4 options, I could tell that Metricon were different and actually cared of what I wanted.
Throughout the whole colour and design process at the Metricon studio, everyone also was super helpful and extremely easy to deal with which made the selections super easy and fun.
Coming on to the build the building supervisor [name removed] was extremely helpful! He took on any issues that had arised and knew exactly what to do. Couldn’t ask for anyone better!
The customer service also was incredible! And the building support coordinator [name removed] who was always extremely helpful and enthusiastic about the progress.

After such a long process I’m extremely happy with the results and with everyone I dealt with through the whole process
Thank you so much!
Highly recommend

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Worst Builder. No Warranty.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

We had a very bad experience with this builder. Building process was finished in December 2016. Our building supervisor has handed over the key and advised that few left over items (atleast 15 item) would be fixed after Christmas 2016 and they have not been fixed till this date. Contacted Warranty people hundreds of times and always appointing a new warranty supervisor and then no further follow up. Few trades came out to have look however no further actions were taken and If something was fixed, it had been left unfinished. So here we are after spending $612000 on construction, without proper render finish, leaking gutter, the bathroom door that gets stuck, with terrible wobbly floor upstair, uneven window frames and many more. Poor construction and very rude building supervisor. I am going to take it to take legal actions against them for sure.

Most of the reviews written here are dodgy. Metricon is complete rip off. Please stay away.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Amisha, We are dissapointed to know you are unhappy with the quality of your home and service from our team. In order for us to escalate the matter, kindly contact us via email to customercare@... read more »

Gawler South

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Would Recommend 1000 Times Over

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Metricon came recommended to us from friends who had built with them interstate, and to be honest we had never really heard of or looked into them before. From our first contact with the salesperson [name removed], right through to handover, our experience was positive and easy every step of the way. After our first meeting with one of the consultants, we didn't even look at any other builders because we had such a great first impression of Metricon, we knew we had found the one. We built the Erickson 25 and made quite a few changes to suit our home & lifestyle, and although at times I was difficult and sent numerous emails wanting to change this and change that, Metricon were supportive, and offered professional advice and options and made our dream come alive. Metricon helped us find the perfect piece of land, on the perfect street, in the exact area we wanted to live.

Our pre-construction manager [name removed] was fantastic and so helpful and always smiling and friendly. Our site supervisor [name removed] is an asset to the business and we are so thankful to have had such a knowledgeable, friendly, down to earth guy taking control and overseeing our build. [name removed] was always there to answer a text or call, at 7am in the morning, 6pm at night, or even on the weekend when buying new appliances for our home & we couldn't remember dimensions, [name removed] always answered the phone, and always answered our questions. [name removed] was so accommodating to us and our needs and requests and we couldn't have asked for a better site supervisor. If there was one thing that stuck out the most throughout our build with Metricon, it was definitely [name removed]. Working in the public sector and having a strong customer focus in my work life, I recognise the importance of good customer service, and [name removed] not once let me down, nor did Metricon as a whole.

Our home was ready almost 2 months early, we worried about the quality of the home given how quick it had been built, but at handover there was only 4 miniscule issues (tiny paint chip, silicone on rear door, minor change to pot drawer), all but one were addressed and fixed within 4 business days. During and after handover we received numerous communication to ensure we had all the information we needed to start our new lives in our new home - appliance guarantees and warranties. Best methods to maintain our home based on our paint selection/flooring choice/appliances etc. links to online portals for Metricon post-handover issues, every question we could possibly have, they answered, or supplied a link or fact sheet or brochure that would tell us the answer or how to find it. There is honestly not one single thing I can fault Metricon on. We would recommend Metricon 1000 times over to everyone we know, and everyone we don't. So many people say building is a nightmare and always delays, but building with Metricon was such an easy, stress free process & I already can't wait to build with them again!

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Awesome from day 1

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I highly recommend Metricon homes. The team made it so easy to build our first home. [name removed] was super friendly and had great attention to detail. I could not of asked for a better team to build our first home. I highly recommend them to anyone. The service was excellent. Keep up the great work. Would definitely use you again.

Balwyn

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Really regretting choosing Metricon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

It seems neither verbal agreements nor written contracts mean anything to metricon when it doesn't suit them. A week before site start I have been presented with a variation for more site costs because of an "error" in preparing the contract. I am being told anything on the contract can change any time if they find an error. This is despite the HIA contract specifically stating this is not the case. And this is despite me confirming verbally and in writing that site costs have been fixed, prior to signing the contract. How does one trust a builder like this.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Good Morning Mohit, Thank you for contacting Metricon. As communicated via private message, we acknowledge your concerns and the matter has been escalated to the relevant management team for revie... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Exceptional Customer Focus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Our experience of Metricon has been excellent . This is largely due to one person. It is rare to come across a person who's income is reliant on achieving a sales result, that actually focuses on the customer as their first priority. Trevor Jones at Metricon is one such salesperson.

Designing and building a home is no simple task. It is filled with decisions, lots and lots of them. In our case we were building a luxury home that needed to achieve a high value outcome, that met our needs and the needs of the local market. This meant we needed to find outcomes and make decisions that were the most cost effective we could make.

It was an exhaustive process. We were not easy customers. It meant the salesperson and Metricon had to facilitate the best possible outcomes. Throughout we relied on the salespersons sound building knowledge and the flexibility and back up of a company that made these solutions possible.

Needless to say, my wife and I would recommend Trevor and Metricon to anyone choosing to build.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2019

Excellent Customer Service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Being first time builders, i didn't know what to expect but from the moment we stepped into the Cronulla display office the whole process has been a breeze! Both [name removed] and [name removed] guided us through every stage, always answering my calls and responsive to all emails. Communication always clear and if there was ever a problem they would always help me with a solution.

We are half way through our build and everything is running smoothly! We are impressed with our Site Manager. Weekly calls are always followed through with a detailed update as to how our build is going.

We picked Metricon as we heard they were the best and they definitely living up to their reputation!

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Best build ever - very easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

The whole process was very easy, from the design stage to the build stage. We went with home solution and the having the options instead of having to choose colours ourselves made it a lot easier. The site supervisor was very helpful and quick with our build and did a great job, was always happy to help out where he could. We had no issues at all and very happy with end result. Thanks [name removed] :)

Excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Right from the start we had a great experience with Metricon. Our Sales rep [name removed] was just great and gave us such great service that we ended up building 2 houses with Metricon. Our building manager was [name removed] and he did a great job. Kept us informed at all times and made the entire process easy and great. We received our keys today and are very Happy with the overall service . Thanks guys

[name removed] is a God (Best Site Manager in the Business)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

We are extremely happy to have chosen Metricon. [name removed] (Sales Manager) who first sold us the home package stole our hearts with Metricon and made us take that first step. We are grateful to have chosen Metricon and have loved the experiences. When we commenced the build stage, [name removed] (Site manager), WOW what can we say, the first phone call of our build schedule instantly, we just knew we were in good hands. His project management skills and ability to go above and beyond whilst maintaining attention to detail over exceeded our expectations. He tailored the build schedule also to meet our personal wish time to complete (before our wedding) and we are incredibly grateful for all his efforts and the team at Metricon in building our dream home before our big day next month. I don't think anyone else would have been able to do what he did for us. The way [name removed] anticipated our answers and provided recommendations and his agile nature to even just respond to simple text messages (outside of work hours too) really showed his passion and love in making the customer feel something special about their home build. And that is exactly what it was, we are so lucky to have met both [name removed] and [name removed] who showed excellence throughout the processes. We would highly recommend other family and friends to Metricon. We are starting our second home build (investment home) in the next few days and have chose Metricon to build it using [name removed] again too to help us. We are loyal to your company and to your brand and will advocate your company's mission to everyone we know who is going to build. The Glendale 39 is a beautiful home and we are super excited to move in and start new making memories there! Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Smooth operators from start!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Site was being smoothly delivered by both site manager and supervisor [name removed] and [name removed] Clear communications throughout the process and always picked up our phone calls, gave us weekly updates about what’s happened this week and what will happen next week, as we like to be always informed.
Small issues with sub-contractors who didn’t deliver as promised but quickly rectified by managers and they jumped on them!
Cost of the job didnt change at all so really happy about the build, minor changes in the design that benefits the building was implemented without cost from design team.
So overall happy build so far. Cant wait to the house is finished

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

First time owners/builders
Organised our build through homes solutions. Extremely easy and affordable!
Everyone was so helpful from our sales consultant to our broker.
Our site supervised [name removed] was amazing. Great communication we looked forward to our Friday afternoon updates.
Metricon is very lucky to have such great people working for them!
This experience has been easy.
Differently recommend this company.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Worst experience! Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

This has been one of the worst, most disorganised, poorly communicated projects we have had the displeasure of being involved with (and paying significant money for). There have been delays and poor communication from the our initial meetings with the sales consultant all the way through the design and plan phase. We were hopeful that once the build commenced that things would be back on track and go to plan - how wrong we were! the poor level of service, lack of communication and lack of accountability has just continued from there. We are now over three months into the build and currently onto our 4th site manager! Each time a site manager left the build we receive no communication as to why they have left, the plans to minimise the impact and the only correspondence we get is a letter from our so called customer service rep that we have a new site manager, with no other information. When we query as to the reasons the person left, and why we are having to deal with a new site manager on a monthly basis, the response we get back is 'these things happen, talk to your new site manager', there was no communication from the old site manager, the service rep or anyone to explain whats happening. Other reviews on here seem to indicate people receive updates on a weekly basis, i assume these reviews are either fake or from a different company. Despite being assured that we would receive weekly updates, in over 3 months of build we have not received a single proactive update, we have to constantly chase up to find out whats going on. Given all the site manager changes the build has been very delayed and we have little confidence it will be completed on time. We have had to hire an independent project manager (at additional cost) to oversee the job as we don't have the time to constantly chase up or trust the quality of workmanship. Our project manager has picked up a number of major defects with the build that should have been picked up by metricon but weren't and to date we still haven't received confirmation of them being addressed. I feel that if we hadn't picked these up and raised them, they would have never been addressed. There seems to be no accountability on the part of metricon to ensure the build is well managed, updates and communication is almost non existent, workmanship to date has been delayed and major defects go unnoticed or ignored until they are raised by us (even then they still haven't been actioned or rectified). I've built before with an independent builder in Canberra and had a wonderful experience, the metricon experience, not so much...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi BT1976, We are dissapointed to read of your experience with Metricon, please allow us to follow up with the relevant team and ensure any outstanding issues are being attended to accordingly. Ki... read more »

First time building.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I must say that building with ABC Homes aka budget Metricon has been a breeze. I often hear horror stories regarding issues people have had with their builders which leaves them in all sorts of predicaments. I am happy to say that I have not had a single issue with Metricon thus far. My Site Manager [name removed] provided me with weekly updates, attended to all of my inquiries in a timely manner and was always pleasant to deal with.

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Easiest Build Ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I would have to say that getting to the starting point took longer than I expected. This was only because the house was completely off grid, had no water, no phone and was in a high fire risk area. Once we got through all the government and council hoops and the Project Manager was appointed they really flew through the build.
I had a project manager mate from a competitor, with no team in the area, go through the home prior to handover. He could not fault the work. The Project Manager Metricon gave me told me at the outset that the home would take less than 28 weeks and look just like the Franklin Display and he was spot on.
As it turned out the only hold up was with me organising the water tanks, fire fighting system and solar power.
Even then my Project Manager did everything he could to help me out. The especially pleasing aspect was that they did not push any variations on me and there were no nasty surprises at the end. This was so different to my previous 4 builds with two other builders where I was constantly asked to compromise and given big bills for extras at the end. I have another build planned for a couple of kilometres up the road next year and I will have no hesitation using Metricon, especially if they can promise me the same Project Manager.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Great Customer Service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We decided on building a Metricon home last year and so glad we did! Our contact [name removed] was amazing! Nothing was too much trouble! This ensured that the build process was not a headache. We were updated with what had happened with our build and got pictures as we are in another state. Any issues once it came to the final inspection were rectified quickly. Would highly recommend using Metricon. We have built before with another builder and this experience was totally different. We wouldn't hesitate in using Metricon again if we built again in the future.

Glad we choose Metricon.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We looked at a few other builders for our home. In the end we went with Metricon. For the simple fact, we knew what we were signing up for.
As for pricing, the base home would be liveable and we went in knowing that there would be upgrades to existing items or new items in general, if we choose.
No real issues, unfortunately because they were so busy it took a little bit of time to get in for colour selection and other meetings.
Once the ball was rolling, went very quickly from there.
Very happy with our site manager [name removed], He would call without fail every Friday with an update.
Found a few bits of damage, manly scuff marks. When going for our inspection, [name removed] was quick to get those minor issues rectified.
Happy with the build quality.
Would happily deal with Metricon in the future and would recommend.

• 1 helpful vote

Quality Product and Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Nikia and Michael were great to deal with. Nikia helped us with all the paperwork and ensured we understood the stages of the construction. Michael kept us informed about the stages that the house was at each week with a phone call. Both Nikia and Michael were happy to take our calls at any stage. They bent over backwards for us and had us into our home ahead of time, with a high quality product delivered. Thank you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bentleigh By Name Bentleigh By Finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

After 38 years of building my first Metricon Home, I made the decision to build with them again. From the moment that they allocated [name removed] (supervisor ) & [name removed] ( coordinator ) the whole process was magic . Weekly reports and updates, a positive can do attitude , and always having work being carried out Reassured me that we had made a good decision to build with Metricon. They really have the expertise and tradespeople to deliver a first class result

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I would just like to thank [name removed] for her very professional assistance in helping us negotiate our way through the pre-construction process. She was always eager to assist in any way required and patient and forthcoming whenever we had any questions or concerns. [name removed] did her job perfectly and gave us very useful advice.
Thank you [name removed] and good luck with your job.

1 of 98 pages