Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2018

So easy.......

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

This is the first time we have not used a private builder and cannot say enough about how pleased we are so far. From the moment we dealt with our salesman, to the girls in the office ([name removed] in particular) and picking out our colour selections it has been a simple process. If we have needed any information or had any queries we have had them answered within the day. It was sad to say goodbye but I was assured we would be in good hands during the next stage. Now we are half way to having our home completed and are blown away by how q uickly it is going up and how organised our supervisor, [name removed] has been. He has regularly kept in contact with us to inform us as to what is happening each week. We now deal with another girl [name removed] for the completion side and we still get the same excellent service. I am sure we will be happy with the finished product and can hardly wait to move into our new home. Well done Metricon on your staff. They do you proud.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2018

A joy to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

We have built twice before with other builders but they did not compare with the experience we've had so far with Metricon. I'd like to praise [name removed] Sales Consultant, he was a wonderful first contact in our process of first of all choosing our builder and secondly our floor plan. [name removed] our Customer Relations Advisor was brilliant. [name removed] was easy to work with, on top of every thing. I believe the best at her job, I was sad to say good bye. Now we are up to the building stage, very excited. I have no doubt as we continue through our process with Metricon we'll be in for a smooth time and are looking forward to each stage. We had our first meeting today with our Site Manager [name removed], again a pleasure.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Apr 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

We recently started building our new home through Metricon.

[name removed] became my site manager after 5 weeks into the commencement of our construction. We were impressed by his hands-on approach towards our project.

As an example, we experienced difficulties in getting our neighbor's agreement to build a brick garage wall (which when completed will form part of our common boundary fence) from their property.

When we first met [name removed] onsite, we told him about this issue. [name removed] was happy to help us.

He knocked on
my neighbor's door and explained how the brick would be laid. Finally, our neighbour allowed the access and the brick wall was finished beautifully.

In another instance, we attempted to engage [name removed] as an independent inspector, however we were unable to deliver the document required due to its large size.

Upon becoming our site manager, [name removed] liaised with [name removed] and the relevant section of Metricon. As a result, our first inspection was arranged in two weeks' time. It took us a few months without success. However, [name removed] made it happen in a professional and timely manner.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Yvonne, We are very pleased to read that your Site Manager has helped you resolve concerns with your neighbour and also assisted in arranging for your inspection to take place promptly. We tru... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2017

My Dream Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I love Metricon homes!
That's the reason why I chose Metricon for the building of my second home.
My site manager, [name removed]'s service was outstanding and extremely professional in every step of the building process. I was very lucky to have him as a site manger. Also much appreciation to [name removed];Building Support Co-ordiantor, and [name removed]; Customer Relationship Adviser for their assistance.

However i was disappointed with the experience I had at the Studio M. Metricon should appoint more experienced staff at the Studio.

For example: I pointed out a specific cabinet handle, but the staff incorrectly wrote down the wrong code number. This was a great loss for me, as it turned out to be the handles which i disliked the most. It could've been avoided if Metricon provided images of accessories in the colour selection documentation. The staff was pushing me to finish the colour selection quickly.

Again, due to the drafting error, I lost space in one of my bedroom, and the size of three windows. This could have been avoided...

Dear future Metricon customers, please check again and again each accessories before you sign any paper works.
Overall, I am satisfied with the end product.

I Love Metricon Homes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Molly, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your Metricon experience. We are proud to read that your Site Supervisor provided you with outstanding service and was professional th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Excellent Finish, Excellent Communication!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

I am just about to move into my new home built by Metricon and have been extremely satisfied with the complete process so far. Sensational communication and care from [name removed] my Supervisor, [name removed] in Sales was very knowledgeable and helped me with the deal. Very clear and thorough feedback from the after sales team also. The finish and workmanship is 100% and I'm very happy I decided to go with Metricon. Great experience to date and will highly recommend Metricon to any of my family and friends. Top shelf service!!...
Luke Duivenvoorden

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Luko, Thank you for taking the time to share your great Metricon experience thus far. We are proud to read that our team have assisted you with their knowledge of our products and have communica... read more »

Cleveland QLD

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Binujose, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your 5 STAR Metricon experience. We are pleased to read that our team were supportive and prompt with their communication throughout yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Had an incredibly positive experience building with Metricon site supervisor [name removed], who “saved the day” for us on countless occasions.

We truly felt like we were graced with a project leader who understood and advised us on the technicalities of the structural build, grasped with detail and excellent taste the finer components of our internal fit-out (reflecting his high-quality architectural qualifications), and was constantly a positive person who was available around the clock with constant updates.

If I built another house (a
nd I could never say never, as I’ve built before with custom builders before this project home build), I would hope to work with [name removed] specifically at Metricon again, or look to engage him on a contractural, custom basis if he ever sets up his own building business!

[name removed] was always supportive and gracious around our management of our children with meetings and inspections - not easy in the midst of a massive house build from the ground up.

It seems that nothing is too hard for this guy, he’s incredibly patient with detail, and he's an extremely switched-on and technically skilled professional in the building industry.

The site supervisor you score will often make or break your project home build - and we were lucky!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dana, Thank you for providing us with a 5 STAR review on your incredibly positive Metricon experience. We are proud to read that your Site Manager was supportive, extremely switched-on and a tec... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Southern NSW Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Excellence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sandra, Thank you for allowing Metricon to build your new home. We are pleased to read that our team assisted in what was a hassle free build with above standard craftsmanship and professionalis... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Building with Ease.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi BLP, thank you for taking the time to write a review. 5 STARS! We are proud to read you have experienced a great journey building with Metricon. To have your house handed over in 'top' condition... read more »

Fantastic building service, even better staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

The acquisition of the building permit for our dwelling took longer than anticipated but the wonderful attitude and care shown to us by all the staff at Metricon helped sooth that quite a bit. Our building supervisor and Metricon liaison in particular were absolutely incredible, and worked with us every step of the way, helping us get our occupancy permits as soon as humanly possible. We're so thankful for their assistance; we really couldn't have done without it. The speed with which they replied to our numerous queries in particular was reall y admirable. Every time we requested an on site visit, our building supervisor took the time out of his day to come meet us whilst we looked over the progress. We still haven't moved in quite yet, but we've been on site to take a look, and everything has really been done above and beyond what we expected. As far as we can say, it looks to be of superb quality and workmanship. A tremendous effort all round, and 100% appreciated!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jimmy Xia, thank you very much for sharing your 5 STAR your experience. We are very happy to know our team has provided you with a wonderful journey, including the speed in our customer service.... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Happy with our Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

We are very happy with our house and we made the right decision to go with Metricon. We were very happy to have [name removed] as our building supervisor being very approachable and open with communications. As any issues arose along the way they were resolved well between [name removed], Building Support staff, and ourselves, and the build rolled long smoothly. The workmanship and build quality is excellent and everyone involved can be proud. Thanks!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi DanSara, We are proud to read that your Site Supervisor and supporting team assisted in what was a smooth building journey for you. Your lovely feedback will certainly be passed on to our team w... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Happy with my new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

The house was built the way i wanted to, i was really happy with the way the relationship and the help was given by Metricon. The service was really quality as well as everything went smoothly. I couldn't have chosen a better company to build my house. The site manager [name removed], was really helpful with the whole process from the beginning to the end.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sokheng Ouch, thank you very much for sharing your 5 STAR Metricon experience. We are very pleased to read your journey went smoothly and we thank you for choosing us to build your dream home. Y... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Wonderful building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

We have had a very positive experience building with Metricon and would recommend them without hesitation to others. Through all stages, general enquiries, sales, selection, building and after care the communication with staff has been excellent. We were kept informed throughout the entire process, all our emails were always responded to in a very timely manner and we were never made to feel rushed or that our queries were not worth the effort. During the early stages we were able to regularly meet with our Sale Representative and go though our plans, making changes as required and discuss ideas.
Booking in to go down to the Gold Coast for our colour & electrical selections the staff were very accommodating and it was a very personal experience. We had the full attention of our interior designers etc and they all knew the details of our plans and what inclusions we had already selected without even having to look it up making us feel very confident in their abilities. Their product knowledge was excellent and they were all very easy to deal with.
The pre-build stage when there is a lot of paperwork being organised our Customer Relationship Advisor kept us up to date and always let us know exactly what we needed to do and any amendments we made to our plans etc were never too much hassle and always actioned as soon as possible.
Construction stage went very well also. We had weekly phone calls from our Site Manager, letting us know what had happened that week and what was due to happen next. We were able to organise visits to the site regularly if requested (although we lived nearby so would often go have a look over the weekend). Our Building Coordinator continued to keep us up to date with everything and was able to answer any questions as required. Any minor defects found during our Practical Completion inspection were fixed without hesitation. Our build was completed well ahead of schedule (nearly 2 months) and we have been very impressed by the quality of work.
Metricon have continued to communicate with us over the past few weeks since we have moved in to ensure everything is going as it should be and providing us the correct contact details for any future service & warranty issues. We feel confident should any issues arise they will be dealt with without hassle.
We have built a home with another builder previously, and while we were still happy with them we both agree that the customer service side of Metricon has definitely been a step above. Very professional and informative from day one and we are very thankful we found them to build our beautiful new home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Em89, thank you for taking the time to share your lovely 5 STAR feedback! We are so happy to read you have experienced a positive building journey with us and fantastic customer service, thank y... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Top service from selections all the way through to handover. [name removed] at Robina is a standout, helpful & polite. A1 staff member.
Had great contact with our site managers, & we have an outstanding, quality house.
Will be using Metricon for any future builds.
6 month service had minimal cosmetic touch ups, & that serviceman was exceptional, helpful & polite.

All round top team, very happy with our choice of builder.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rocko, thank you so much for taking the time to share your 5 STAR experience with our readers. We are pleased to know you were provided with a "top service" from the very beginning, through to t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Overall it was a five star experiance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Before I build this house I have received around 3 to 4 different builder quote. But Metricon sales contact was so friendly and supportive that I have convinced to build my house with them. My building construction supervisor was so supportive and helpful that I didn't have any issue during the building stage of my house.

I only had few noticeable incident during the design finalization and color selection stage. Don't know how some of the variation has been applied to my contract which I was not aware of. Then I had to sit with the co-ordinator to rectify this error.

Overall it was a five star experience.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi N ISLAM, 5 STARS! Thank you so much for rating your fantastic experience building a Metricon home! We are so pleased to read our friendly sales and construction teams were very supportive throug... read more »

All the good feels!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

From start to finish we have loved working with Metricon to build our home!
From our first meeting with [name removed] at Metricon Timbertop to our colour selection and contract signing at Studio M all the way through to our build we felt supported and included in every process. [name removed] our site manager was AMAZING! With regular updates and willingness to work with us on any issues we had (not that we had many) [name removed] would always pickup the phone and answer our questions.
We can't thank Metricon enough for our home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Winnie, We are pleased to read that you have been supported and included in every process from your sales stage through to construction. Thank you for sharing your 5 STAR building experience, ou... read more »

WOW! We were blown away on how the house looks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We loved the whole "Metricon Experience". What a fantastic end product after months of picking out things we wanted in our home through their fabulous Studio M. We changed our mind a few times along the way and the staff were happy to help. The build stage came around and we figured it would take over 10 months to build our double storey home..... it was done in half that time and what a result. Our site manager [name removed] was absolutely brilliant. Always called with updates and returned my calls promptly. we could not be happier with the build. Thank you [name removed] and everyone else we dealt with at Metricon :). 5 stars is not enough, what a fantastic company.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dario T, We are pleased to read that you loved your whole Metricon experience and our team assisted in delivering a fantastic end product. Your wonderful feedback will certainly be passed on to ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

House build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

The workmanship is excellent, the build was managed very well and our site supervisor was amazing to deal with. Great communication from the site supervisor, very helpful and informative and also obviously very skilled. He made our experience easy and stress free. Only complaint would be communication from the office/admin could have been better, we provided proof of finance but were told on the day we were meant to start on site we needed to prove 100% finance including the loan amount AND money we were contributing to the build (10%). This should be clearly requested/specified long before the site start date as it then delayed our build.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Carmen, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we thank you very much for choosing Metricon to build your dream home! To read the workmanship was excellent certainly makes us v... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

A lot of mistakes. You have to do a lot of proof reading before sign anything.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We build $700k house with metricon. They have a lot of mistakes.

During the colour selection, we did choose "replica" as our skirting. For the first colour schedule is correct but the final one it change to something else by metricon staff. We didn't request it however because we could not found out before we sign it, finally we have to accept the mistake skirting and pay extra to ask other builder to replace it.

The contract name at the beginning is under my name & my wife name. We did ask to change to under my name only however the fi
nal result is some document change to my wife name and some still under my name & my wife name. This cause me hard to explain to my finance broker.

Price is not detail enough such as carpet will not mention how much /m2, and total how many carpet used in the house. All you get is the total price. So you never know they count you much or less?
one of my Wet area, they did put carpet there. We ask them to change back to tile and pay for the tile but we cannot get back the carpet money. The reason is they didn't count that part carpet before but the problem is you can see there is carpet in the drawing. I think this is so funny. If they never count the carpet in the job, why they will put it in the drawing.

I have spent nearly 2 weeks to deal with the kitchen mistake and a lot of mistakes is careless.

I have build 3 houses before, burbank, PD & carlislehomes. But this is the most tired one and you need to very be careful!!

BTW my second Customer Support Co-ordinator is extremely helpful. I have to say thanks to her.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lin, As communicated to you yesterday, we would like the opportunity to help ensure your concerns are addressed. Kindly contact [email protected] with your job reference number for u... read more »

Hi Lin,
We are writing in relation to our last correspondence to you. If there is anything we can still assist with, please contact us via email to [email protected]
Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Mount Barker

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Dec 2014

Love where you live - We do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

We've been in our house now 2.5 years and it is now the time to give an actual review having lived in it. The build process was good, great communication with our site manager who was fantastic. Took the time to accommodate us, to catch up and provided valuable input along the way. We hired a private inspector being our first build and he could not fault the workmanship. Metricon, did well, we were pleased. We had a few hiccups but they were resolved. After the build, we moved in and this is where in my opinion, Metricon truly shines above the rest. We did not have to wait the 90 day mark to get our issues resolved as was the case with other builders our friends dealt with. We all built at the same time. Mericon was prompt and fixed the issues. The site manager, was a god send and worked thru with us at that stage as well. Came our 90 day mark and most things on the list were well taken care of meaning we could enjoy the house without further worries. Now, about 18 months later, we had an issue with a pop up drain. Rang Metricon, to see if there was anything covered - trying our luck; and to our surprise, they sent someone to fix the issue even though it was not a warranty item. They did not want to leave a bad impression, Well they haven't.
In conclusion, nice house, great communication with the site manager and excellent after service. By taking the headaches away that so many new builds come with, Metricon has delivered beyond expectations.
We've decided to build again and no surprise, our first point of contact will be Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi OLIVER S, Thank you for your taking the time to communicate your 5 STAR experience to us! We are proud to know our teams have provided you with great communication and faultless workmanship, th... read more »

1 of 65 pages