Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Everything perfect Great Job !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

The Workmanship and the finished quality of the house was beyond our expectations.We were really happy with weekly updates by our site manager [name removed]. also very fast build our house really appreciated .Other thing is [name removed] explain everything for us very clear step by step also he gave us good advice .excellent thank you very much [name removed] and all of you.

Springvale

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Haven't seen this kind of bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Since we signed the contract and paid money we became less important customer ever. Consultant never reply our emails, took it further and the HO is not replying, getting charged for the mistake made by their team,if ask to resolve it resolving it by my own expense but just bit less expensive. When ever we get any variation back it's some thing wrong in it. Charged more on everything not even explain things properly before hand as the customer is a first time building and they think we know all technical words they use. Leaving on Customers you understand everything magically . Getting stress issue now just talking to anything they say no we can't do it , it's not possible and same thing is present there in the display house they have near us. Consultant get off days in week days then come back Monday spend whole day catching up of work when we call next day answer we get is we are very busy will contact you before 5 no calls then Wednesday keep on calling no reply Thursday they will call 5 mins to 5 and ask us to hurry up as they are running out of time.

So I my not understanding here that they are in Customer service or not.A Customer is spending all their hardcore money their savings to build their first dream house and they treat us that we are the oldest player in the game will understand even the blink of their eye that what they want to tell us. I am afraid that this just happened on the time of building contract n variations what happen when they after building. We feel in this whole time period if you got something good is the site supervisor. We think Metricon is lucky to have him. Our house is in that supervisor's hand and it is becoming a beautiful house. But today we went to check how new house is up to now we notice that there is some space above the windows. We thought that brick layer is not finished when we first noticed that. Now they Color it white so that space will be more visible and house look so ugly .When we ask answer is this is what Metricon do.

God sake of Metricon if we ever seen this ugly looking cement sheet peeking out from my beautiful brick wall I will never agree to go ahead. Then I searched my contract in which we can see some dots above the windows but it's not mention that it is something extra ugly here. There are so many arrow pointing so many things but not any arrow mention that what is that dots for . When we were signing we ask the question that if all of this is render where you will put brick they said around the house they didn't mention that there will be a cement sheet above the windows.Before for the brick layer above the garage door they charged $1000 and delete my evement. Metricon need to train their staff properly and need to keep this in mind that Customer don't know all building stuff so explain them what they are paying and what will they get.

My experience was I went it Metricon after deciding that we want to build delta from Metricon it was like we go in a shop and it say ice cream parlour and there is no ice cream and to check what ingredients are in it . We searched things from out side fight with them told them yes these are the thing we want then they process and in that also they charged us extra that we are telling them late. For god sake when we came for appointment why didn't you show us inclusions and exclusions what is up grade or what we are getting in.

We say don't even waste your time with them.
I gave last chance to Metricon to change their reputation but they showed that what their consultant are they are what Metricon made them . Want money but don't want to give what Customer paid for. We use facade of $7000 they send us another invoice they said because you change facade your site cost is $2000 up as it's big facade. We gave that as it make sense to us. Then they said draft man made mistake that he forgot to draw brick layer above the garage door invoice was of $5000 we were shocked as if facade is already now of $9000 why the garage is included in if not even include in it then why you are showing is that you are getting this. To resolve our issue they delete our evement above the garage and put brick layer charge us $1000 now the facade is of $10000 then few weeks ago we visited our house under construction there was a some in fill above the windows which we didn't even know what they are. We ask questions and Metricon said that what we signed for if you guys explain what we are getting we could have ask you to put brick layer on it. But they said no we can't . When we ask why our windows and door are small size then the facade we paid for they said it's draft man mistake we will put brick layer above windows and door. But it's not what I paid for. If you can't give us the same thing then put bricks above the windows around our house too they said no we can't. You can take money from us full but can't provide what you show us. They said display house has big window in the same facade because of lot size different but that display house is 482 sqm and our lot is of 512 sqm if you can make it on smaller size why can't you make on big lot.
Such a ridiculous answer they give which doesn't even make sense.
The worst consultant is [name removed] who messed all case on first place and second [name removed] who keep on hiding her mistake's she admitted in front of us later on stage that she work here but build her house with someone else . If their own staff down trust them how can they give customer service to outsiders.
One and only person who is doing good job is the site manager [name removed]. He take every thing very seriously and in detail.
This all mess up happened in Blackburn road mount Waverley Metricon.

So my advice is ask them million questions and ask them to put that in writing do not sign till they do everything or they will not listen to you after you pay 5% .
I recommend not to go with them.
I

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Raj, Thank you for your review. Our Customer Care team have been in contact with you on Monday 16th October to provide further clarification in high detail to the concerns raised. We acknowledg... read more »

Hi Metricon, There is no way you guys will do anything right. So stop sending replies. Because you are not doing the right thing. I don't want to repeat anything. It's enough now I will fix my hou... read more »

Good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Customer service was good , carpet needed to be replaced after being the wrong color as well as a few window leaks and site being left surrounded with building leftover material. The build was fast and managed well as what I needed to be done with problem solving being resolved quickly by site manager ! We shall see how the build holds up in weather!
Would build again with them

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Warranty Winner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

We recently had some work completed on our Metricon home under warranty and were extremely impressed with the high level of customer service we received from our building supervisor and a couple of the tradesmen in particular, really stood out as providing excellent service. The building supervisor was efficient and provided great communication. He was courteous, knowledgeable and offered good practical suggestions in regards to the work required. We greatly appreciated him going above and beyond in our opinion by not only rectifying the fault we had with our ensuite shower but also by taking preventative measures with our bathroom shower, to ensure we would not encounter the same issue there down the track. The work that was needed required several different tradespeople over a period of time and our supervisor made sure that everything was arranged as required, very quickly. The tiler who completed the work required at our house was fantastic! He was extremely polite, well mannered, helpful and happy to answer any questions we had. His workmanship was excellent and we are so happy with the result and outstanding service we received. We were also really happy with the work of the carpenter who attended the work at our house. His cabinetry work was excellent and again, communication was great, easy to get in contact with and deal with in regard to the work needed. The service received and people we have worked with from Metricon have been terrific and we are very happy and proud of our Metricon house.

Very happy with the building process with Metricon!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

Our experience with Metricon has been better than expected. To start with, the sales consultant was absolutely fantastic.She looked after us really well, gave us valuable information and recommendations and was always very polite. With the building process started, our site supervisor, [name removed], was superb as well. He kept us informed about the building progress every week. He answered any queries he had in a timely manner. Of course with such a big process. there will be few things that won't go as you wanted, such as a couple of tradies did a shoddy job. But, kudos to [name removed], he was the first to acknowledge that and got the things fixed straightaway. Overall, we had a stressless building experience with Metricon. Recommended.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Aseem Verma, We are pleased to read that your sales consultant looked after your really well and provided you with valuable information. It is great to know that your site supervisor kept you we... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Our Humble Home Is A Happy Home !!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Our Metricon site manager, [name removed] had exceptional work ethics. He consistently updated us throughout every step of the construction. His standards of building management in terms of the workmanship is very high and he had addressed all issues in a timely manner. Two months after the key handover, [name removed] still took the time to answer questions with matters I was unfamiliar with. He, along with all of the staff we have dealt with at Metricon are truly the company's assets. Their have a high level of customer service and follow-ups are promptly conducted.

The only minor negative comment I could include was that our ducted heating did not work when it was freezing cold. [Name Removed] assisted with contacting the installer who had attended a couple of days after logging the issue. There are also little cracks on the plasterboard that we noticed a month after moving in. However, through their "My Metricon" site, I was able to let them know what needed to be repaired.

Our humble home is a happy home! Thanks to Metricon and their team of amazing people!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jovz and Vins, Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience building with Metricon! We are so pleased to read your Site Manager had exceptional work ethics and provided ... read more »

Wonderful building experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

We recently completed our dream family home with Metricon. They did a fantastic job helping us to plan our home. Right from the very first moment, the team at Metricon went above and beyond to ensure we had a very smooth building experience. The quality of the home is second to none. I would have no hesitation in recommending Metricon to anyone looking to build their dream home. Thank you Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Leah, Thank you for your lovely words and for sharing your building experience with Metricon Homes. To read our team went above and beyond makes us very proud. Thank you for your lovely review ... read more »

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Excellent builder of my Newport Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

The Metricon salesman [name removed] who was the first point of contact was very professional and very helpful when planning the new home. The construction supervisor [name removed] kept me informed at all times of the progress and finishes, all of his team worked so well to provide the excellent quality home and if I was to build with Metricon in the future would ask for [name removed] to me the supervisor again. The Metricon accounts department was easy and again very professional gave lots of notice for the invoice payments.
My only compliant was having to work with the "M Studio at Robina" I found the personal very difficult to work with and not a good experience, Metricon needs to improve the staff and systems in Robina.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Gerard, Thank you for your outstanding 5 STAR review! We are proud to read our Sales team through to our Construction team were outstanding during your Metricon journey. Your lovely review will ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Our dream home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

My wife and I would like to thank Metricon staff for their commitment, dedication and customer service throughout the building process. Special thank goes to site manager and building support coordinator in resolving issues I raised without any delay or hesitation. Our dream home was completed in 6 months and 1 week! We are extremely happy with the quality of work.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mrpatikiri, Thank you for your 5 STAR review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are proud to know our team have provided you with professional cust... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Jul 2013

4 years on and our Metricon house is still like new!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

My wife and I would both like to thank you for your outstanding customer service and support. Since building with Metricon nearly 5 years ago, we have had the usual small warranty problems. You and your team have been fantastic in coming up with a fair and reasonable resolutions for every problem.

We would also like to say that the build quality has been excellent and much thanks must go to Stuart for his attention to detail. I can say that after moving in 4 years ago, the house still looks great and admired by all of our visitors. So much so, that we talked 3 of our friends into building with you. They have also had great experiences. I also forgot to mention Gary, who was great during the initial house selection and design process.

We are selling unfortunately and are hoping to build with you again if we can find the right property to knock over.

I have dropped off a case of wine to share around with your amazing team. Thanks again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Wineguy, We are always thrilled to receive feedback from happy Metricon customer's. It certainly is a credit to our team for continuing to provide outstanding customer service and support since ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Excellent Service and built experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

We were very fortunate to have [name removed] as our Sales Consultant. He has extraordinary through the initial built process (designs and planning stages). The time, attention and care he has put into our project is exceptional. He was always happy to meet with us and able to resolve any issues which might be stressful for us.

I am also very happy with the quality of workmanship provided by [name removed], Site manager and [name removed], Construction manager. [name removed] has provided update at each stage of built. [name removed] tried to fix all minor issues after pre-handover inspection. They have completed our project in exact 4 months.

I would like to also thanks [name removed], Building Support Coordinator for her excellent service. She is very prompt in response.

Overall, I would recommend Metricon to all my friends and colleagues due to their excellent service.

Looking forward to handover this Friday. Really happy to move in our new house.

Comments
Metricon Official

Good Morning Ritesh, Thank you for posting an excellent review for Metricon. We are proud to read that you have been very happy with the service provided from our team right from the start of your... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2013

RUN!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

No one would expect a Metricon home that is 3 years young to have horizontal cracking in the middle of the gyprock wall and be told "that's normal, and cracking in the middle of wall will continue to appear, and is part of home owner maintenance". I have never had this problem with my other 6 homes that I have built with other builders. The workmanship is hit and miss. I like the design of the houses, but unfortunately one does not want to spend over $400,000 to build and then be up for repairs in 3 years time (Metricon are not the cheapest builder). If you want quality, good workmanship and knowledge that if there is an unfortunate problem, it will be fixed (for example a Mercedes car valued at only $100,000 you get 5 years manufacturer warranty and here we spend $400,000 and after 3 years, we get "please go away") use another builder, I will be.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Debra, We are disappointed to read you are not happy and hope you will allow us the opportunity to investigate your concerns further. If you could please email our Customer Care team via custom... read more »

Thank you for your response, and I have already sent numerous emails off to your different teams, and the same comment comes back "that's normal, & cracking in the middle of the wall will continue ... read more »

Metricon Official

Good afternoon Debra, thank you for your comment. Our Customer Care team is in receipt of your email, we thank you for forwarding this through. Our team will escalate your concerns to the relevant ... read more »

Beautiful new home !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Im the proud new owner of the Santorini in regional Victoria. Extremely happy with the end result, any minor building issues were handled professionally and promptly by the site manager and building support coordinator. I was excited and a little nervous at the beginning of the process but the support and helpful advice I have received from the Shepparton staff has been wonderful, very fortunate to have had this team looking after my build. Nothing was ever too much trouble, the tradies were all very efficient and great professional finishes.. Handover is in just a few days and so excited to finally be moving into my beautiful new home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jenn S, congratulations on the near completion of your Santorini home. Thank you for taking the time to submit a beautiful 5 star review for us, we are so glad to read that you are another proud... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Customer Service at its Finest!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

We were lucky enough to have [name removed] as our Home Consultant. He has been outstanding through the build process so far as we have just signed with Metricon. The care and time he has put into working with us has made the experience less stressful. He made great efforts to make himself available when it suited us and was always easy to contact for any queries. Could not be happier with the fantastic customer service.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joanna Z, Thank you for your lovely 5 STAR review! We are very impressed at the 'outstanding' service you have been provided during your Metricon journey, thank you for recognising our New Home... read more »

• 2 comments

Lovely house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I am happy with the quality of workmanship and the end result. The site manager and the building support coordinator have been very helpful and supportive all the way through the building stages and accommodated my requirements/requests well.

There are several things that could be improved to make the overall customer experience even better:
1. There should be Studio M in Brisbane as well.
2. There should be a Studio M guide document for QLD, just like the one for VIC (https://www.metricon.com.au/metricon/media/metricon/home-advisor/metricon-vic-studiom-product-catalogue.pdf). It helps understand what options to choose and customer can prepare for making the final decision.
3. The range of appliances should be expanded to include major brands.
4. Colour selections and other upgrade information should be managed on the web. Doing it all via emails is prone to human errors and misunderstandings. It is very difficult to track as well.
5. The staff who assist the colour and tile selections and upgrading should increase the knowledge to help customer making better choices/decisions.
6. There should be a proper rubbish removal process before the hand over. I found pieces of plastic, metal, food/drink containers, tile off-cuts in my yard and on the vacant land next door.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi ykat, thank you for sharing your building experience with Metricon Homes! We are pleased to know you are very happy with the quality of workmanship upon completion, your kind words will be pass... read more »

You are very welcome.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2018

First Home Buyer & Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

From the moment I received my first email from [name removed] at Metricon I knew I wanted to build with them. Not only did they have the perfect home for our block, Metricon took the stress out of the process. We are first time buyers and builders and Metricon were so knowledgeable, professional and friendly they really made the process simple & easy for us. We cannot thank them enough.
The Studio M is fantastic, they have samples of all the fixtures and fittings which makes it so easy to decide on what you would like in your home.
Our stylist that helped us pick our colours was also fantastic & gave us great ideas.
We cannot wait to start building!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lynsey C, thank you for your wonderful 5 STAR rating! We are proud to know Metricon had the perfect design to suit your land, what a smooth introduction to your first-home buyer journey! To rea... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Best quality and workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

We are very happy with the quality and workmanship of Metrocon. It is the best we could think about.
Our site Manager , [name removed] did an excellent job providing regular updates from the begining of the construction until handover, and also completing well before estimated time.
We would like to thank everyone especially [names removed] (Sales) for doing excellent job!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nick, thank you for taking the time to share your 5 STAR experience building a Metricon home! Thank you for recognising our outstanding Site Manager who managed the construction of your home, it... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2017

A place we are proud to call home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Our build experience with Metricon exceeded our expectations. Our site Managers [name removed] and [name removed] went above and beyond, no question left unanswered and they were a step ahead of us the entire process. A Metricon home is like no other, the design 'just works' and all presented with style and quality craftsmanship. Thank you Metricon, we love our home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chapman Family, We are pleased to read about your Metricon experience exceeding your expectations. It is a credit to know that the fantastic efforts of our staff has resulted in another very hap... read more »

Professional and thorough!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Right from the start of our first home construction, our site supervisor, [name removed] and the Metricon team were very proactive and thorough. The proof of it came through after our independent inspector gave his final report stating only minor defects, almost to none. We are very pleased and happy with [Name Removed] and the Metricon team. Now, we feel we were lucky to get [Name Removed] as our building supervisor.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lakshmi Suri, We are thrilled to receive feedback from yet another Metricon customer. We are proud to know our team were proactive throughout your building journey, they will be ecstatic to rece... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Good Quality Construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

The workmanship and the finished quality of the house was beyond our expectations. We were very well informed with weekly updates by our site manager [Name Removed]. Stage 1 (foundation stage) had a different supervisor [Name Removed] who also was very informative and friendly to deal with. The house was completed in a really quick time (approx. 2 1/2 months) yet with good quality. Had no complaints from our neighbours who were already occupying their homes during the construction. The building manager was very accommodating and helpful, explained everything quite well to us (even some points on how to maintain our property well in the future). Overall we had a great experience building our home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Tharaka Gunawardena, It is very impressive to have your home completed within 2 1/2 months making sure not to compromise the quality of the finished product. We are proud to know that both Site ... read more »

1 of 70 pages