Filter By:

Adelaide

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Frustrated and disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Started off well unfortunately we have had to wait more than two months to get post building issues resolved after handover was promised and we are still waiting! Most disappointedly has been the communication and accountability and transparency in ameliorating issues. So disappointed given the significant cost and outlay we have made towards our dream home. We expected better and sadly will not be recommending Metricon to our family or friends

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi John, We are sorry our service has not met your expectations. As recently communicated: Metricon does not cover for any costs or interests incurred to the customer during the building process.... read more »

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Bad post hand over support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

It has been over a month now since we move in to the new home but several of our issues are still not resolved. The issues we identified since the pre handover were still present. I had email the site supervisor, metro north and service warranty to no avail. It seems like they are just waiting for the 3 months warranty to pass.

My biggest worry today is the huge amount of water bill which is around $2,700 caused by the faulty evap cooling valve. There was a water leak since day 1.

My water heating is another issue. It was replaced last week but the temperature is not stable. I got a booking next week to replace the faulty Chromagen unit. Fingers crossed that it will work now as intended.

I still have 20 plus issues to date. All emailed and entered via mymetricon but no action has been done.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Shock Customer, We are extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Please allow us the opportunity to raise your concerns with the relevant internal team. If you could please send us a pr... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Shock Customer. Thanks for providing us this information. We have escalated your file to the relevant team to address your concerns. We will share an update with you as soon as this becomes available. Regards, Metricon.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

First of all we got to meet our site manager at the hand over he kept on cancelling our appointments then finally we did the hand over but there were a few things that needed to be done these are
1. Dirty water coming from the ensuite tap
2. We paid for 3 fans but received 1
3. Rain water pipes are not stable
4. Back door does not open properly and has a crack we’re the connection of the door and the wall
5. There is a crack on the kitchen bench top
6. Vacuum cleaner not working (one slot)
7.i had to change the dishwasher because wasn’t working properly
8.toilet lids not stable
We did notify Metricon about our problems but each time they said that someone will contact us about this matter but no one did it’s been 7 months since we moved in but nothing has been done they told us that Metricon is a good quality home but please think twice if you are thinking of building with Metricon very poor quality customer service and bad quality on getting things done around the house
This is just after I took over the house while construction we had a lot of problems so PLEASE THINK AGAIN when building a house with METRICON

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dee, We are extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Please allow us the opportunity to escalate this to our Management Team and get these items addressed for you. Please send us a pri... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Dee, as advised, kindly send us a private message with your contract details and/or full lot address so that we can assist and address these items. We are awaiting your response. Kind regards, Metricon

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Australia's Professional Builder of the Year??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

We built with Metricon as we naively assumed it would be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. How wrong we could've been! I have resisted the urge to vent on this forum for the past 6 months but if just one person reads this and reconsiders before signing on the dotted line then it's been worth my time.

I'm not going to detail every single issue because I really don't have the time to do that. What I would say is that it's apparent that Metricon (at least in Adelaide anyway) have grown too big too fast and that's never a good thing. It comes at the expense of other fundamentals that any sound business or company should be built on. Things such as good customer service, quality workmanship and good communication. Needless to say we rarely experienced any of these.

Time after time we were let down and disappointed, and sadly even lied to on several occasions towards the beginning. From first signing with Metricon to handover, we had 2 diffferent sales consultants, 3 different customer service coordinators, 2 site managers and we've had several different staff allocated to us for service & warranty issues since handover. Hardly a picture of consistency is it?!

To give you an idea of our problems, here's a taste. In the planning stage we decided on upgrading our standard aluminium sliding doors to a wider frame and upgraded "commercial" handle. It wasn't until our first site meeting that we noticed they had just installed the standard doors and handle. We queried this and were told Metricon had changed door/window suppliers. No prior consultation took place, they just assumed we'd be happy with the standard doors or hoped we didn't notice??

It was left up to us to do all of the leg work to identify a suitable replacement, with little or no assistance from Metricon. By the time they agreed to a timber sliding door equivalent, the surrounding brickwork had been completed which has left a gap along the top lintel. This required a tacky looking strip of timber trim across the top to hide.

The new timber doors had to be sent back to Melbourne twice. First occasion they sent doors with the wrong panel configuration, the frames and several panels were also split and damaged. I was told all frames and panels had been replaced and returned for install. Turns out they lied because I'd taken the time to discreetly mark all of the QA stickers from the first delivery. Bit disappointing when I noticed half of the "new" doors were still infact the original ones (and still damaged too!) When our site supervisor assured me they were all new doors I showed him pics I had taken of the QA stickers. He mumbled something inaudible and changed the subject (then resigned 2 days later!)

So, our sliding door saga continues. Not only did Metricon's "professional" painter make an absolute mess of staining the doors, he was generous enough to put some stain on the metal handles as well! After returning twice to try and fix them, he took it upon himself to coat them in a dark glossy interior stain which has almost completely covered the woodgrain. Did I mention this guy's assistant shared with me he was "still learning about painting" on one of their many visits here after handover! WOW!!!

So another painter was then sent to paint the doors with a matt-finish clear coat to dry and reduce the gloss. I honestly think the doors are now at least an inch thicker than when they first left the factory! Ah yes, I nearly forgot to mention that all 6 panels of glass had to be replaced as well because they were all scratched!

But the fun hasn't stopped yet. We identified in mid-Sept that one of the striker plates on the main door handle was the wrong size and the lock didn't engage properly. Yes that's right, 9 months ago. To date we've had 3 phone calls from Dowell trying to arrange a fix (Metricon clearly forgot it wasn't a Dowel door anymore). A Metricon service guy came around to replace it a few m9nths later but brought the wrong handle. When I queried this I was told the handle had been discontinued and no longer available. I checked the suppliers website and confirmed this wasn't the case. Took me maybe 30 seconds to establish that. Their idea of a "fix" was to take the striker from their display home nearby and hey presto it's all good! Errm no it's not, not when it's got stain marks all over it and it's not even the same colour!

So this morning I was waiting at home with the anticipation of the promised new handle to be fitted as arranged. Much to my absolute surprise (I say that because surely things couldn't go wrong again could they?!), another wrong handle turns up and I'm seriously about to set fire to these doors!!!

But you know what's the most frustrating thing with all of this, despite all of my phone calls and emails in a vain attempt to sort this mess out, not once has anyone from Metricon actually said "I'm sorry". They say all the right things though and assure me it won't happen again but guess what, it does!

I'm a huge believer in the expression "actions speak louder than words". Unfortunately all we've been hearing is words.

All I can say is, make sure you consider ALL options before making the mistake we did.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi TKB, We are extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Please allow us the opportunity to raise your concerns with the relevant internal team. If you could please send us a private messa... read more »

I was anticipating your corporately-worded response Metricon. My post was not intended to illicit anything other than informing other potential Metricon customers of the terrible experience we've h... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi TKB, We appreciate you leaving this feedback for us and our readers. We will ensure this is passed on for future business improvements. As requested, we require your full lot address or contrac... read more »

Wantirna South

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Horrible and Absolutely Frustrated Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Our land was titled in Jan 2018, the construction still not starting yet. Our design was rejected by the land developer three times because their drafting team was not doing the job correctly. As a professional construction company, they are not familiar with the design guidelines published by the land developer. We have actually noticed so many errors by ourselves and requested them to rectify on the plan. However, the plan came back to us still with the same error on it. Then we had to go back to our CSC and notify them with the same stupid error. The CSC had to go back with the drafting team and requested them to correct the same old errors! It’s a waste of time for everyone and at end of the day, customers will have to pay for the delay damages. We all make human mistakes, but you don’t make the same mistake a hundred times!!!

The whole process of getting the final plans done was an absolute pain, the communication always took so long. We tried to make appointments with their designers and CSC to discuss all those design issues face to face. They kept saying that we couldn’t be booked in because all their colour consultants were unavailable (perhaps too busy with new customers and couldn’t care less about existing customers). If Metricon is really short on staff, please recruit more people for god’s sake! We got the building permit in May and are still waiting for the electrical plan to be finalised, this is the third week already and we still don’t see the final variations. They just play you around by saying “we ensure you this will be completed today” and trust me, you won’t receive anything on that day! Even you send complaint email to customer care and management, they simply ignore you or you will get an unapologetic reply after a few days! They always have excuses to defend themselves. Once your money is paid, you lose control of everything. It’s been extremely ineffective to communicate and really frustrated with their slow progress! Now we start to worry about the actual building work after reading the negative feedback on Product Review. Anyway, if you are considering building with Metricon, think twice before you pay the money!!!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Zhao, We are very sorry to hear of your experience. Please allow us the opportunity to follow up the relevant team internally and to address your concern. In order to fast track the process, ple... read more »

It's glad to see Metricon actually cares about customer satisfaction, my contract no. is 674041.

Metricon Official

Hi Zhao, Thank you for providing us with this information. We have escalated thw matter to our Management for their review. We will share an update with you as soon as this becomes available. Regards, Metricon.

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Incompetent Sales Manager and Consultant

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

My journey with Metricon started on a high in FEB 2017 as my sales consultant wanted to win my business on 2 blocks of land that were to Title in a year. I received several calls and pressure to pay my deposit and lock in a manager discount. My entire experience started to become an experience from hell. I recommend that you stay away from [name removed] and [name removed] no customer should experience anything that I have gone through.

1. Whenever I asked for any changes I always received a negative answer that it can't be done or it is not possible With no confidence in Metricon anymore I escalated the matter and [name removed] could not resolve it again and on this occasion I asked him to look into my refund on the blocks and yet he ignored any request made. This refund request was made on the 29SEP2017. This made me question his work ethic and his attitude towards her clients.

On 7 March 2017, I received an email from [name removed] the Consultant to say that [name removed] has decided that the discount no longer applies and he has asked her to price my quotes at the new price. I then decided that my deposit was paid only because of the managers discount and requested for a full refund of my deposit and yet again I got no response.
I have no confidence in Metricon and requesting for a full refund on both my blocks of land.
Please stay away from Metricon. I feel totally scammed with my deposit. I am still chasing my full refund.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Meds, We are extremely disappointed to hear of your experience and take your feedback seriously. Please allow us the opportunity to raise your concerns with the relevant Management Team. Please ... read more »

I have escalated the matter with [Name Removed] who is a Senior Financial Accountant with Metricon. She assured me that she would get a resolution on Monday the 18th of June. She called me on Monda... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Meds, We apologise for what has occurred, and are sorry to hear that we have not provided a response within the agreed times. As requested, please supply the full lot address, contract number or... read more »

ASHBURTON

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

The Glossy Catalogue Does Not Reflect Its Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Front end service until the signing of the contract was good. But the pretty front facade of this business was contradicting to the extremely poor service and communication since the building started. There was absolutely no ownership from the building supervisors who often missed the site appointments, dragging on the outstanding none compliance building work with the change over of 4 supervisors throughout the building period. The business was always eager to chase money whilst not delivering the result. Not only my project was delayed but also many items still outstanding after 7 months of handover. Even up to today, cannot get any response from the maintenance team...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi William, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback regarding communication and we are so sorry to hear of your experience. Could you please provide us with your full l... read more »

[Address removed]

Metricon Official

Hi William, Thank you for providing this information. We have escalated the matter to our Management Team for their review. We will share an update as soon as this becomes available.
Warm regards,
Metricon Customer Care

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Metricon builders missed a very important aspect of the developer requirement which statwd that the same facade can’t be repeated within 5 houses apart on the same street. This error was only picked up 4 months after payment of initial deposit. Due to Metricon’s negligence my loan pre-approval was delayed and not only that I was forced to choose another builder due the my chosen facade unavailability after 4 months from initial payment. This has caused me enough headache, stress and impacted me emotionally to never recommend anybody to choose Metricon as their home builder.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Purnima, We are sorry to read that your chosen façade was unavailable and you are no longer building with Metricon. We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on for future business improvem... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Delays, worst customer service and no communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

We signed up with Metricon in Sept 2017 and we were promised, we would have an house by the end of May 2018 by the sales rep. We were advised to opt for Fast Track would quicken our process. We signed our contracts mid October 2017. Our land titled in Nov 2017. Nothing happened until April 2018. Metricon could never advise when the site would commence and it was painful not knowing anything, the customer service reps were clueless and kept blaming each other. They never answered phone calls and only answered by emails. I had to pay 6 month’s interest only mortgage on the land for Metricon’s delay.

Us opting for fast track was useless and only hindered us from choosing various selections. While on our selection day, the rep who was helping us was really agitated and kept telling us that we had to select everything within 4 hours, colours, electricals and everything else. She was very cold and seemed agitated when we were confused about few things. This being our first build and first selection appointment ever, we were clueless about few things. She missed out on few selections as she rushed and gave us wrong info about several things which I had to rectify over several variations, emails after emails with her and the customer reps that looked after us, months later.

Our first customer rep even lied that our building would commence anytime in November 2017 and made us sign our final contracts. But nothing happened and she quit the company. New rep was clueless and I had to start all over again. None of the reps liked calling so I exchanged emails after emails. In Feb 2018, I had to sign yet another final contract and while doing that I found out that the shower extension we had opted was moved to another location. Even when the sales rep had drawn on our contract and the website also shows where the extended shower went, they advised that it was not possible. After long fight, we gave up and had the long shower removed as it was not going on the cove as advised on the website.

Building Permit was approved on 20 Feb 2018 and Metricon has a clause saying they must commence on site with in 21 days of receiving Building Permit, otherwise write advising why it is being delayed. That clause was completely ignored. No written advise or no word about this clause whatsoever or why it was delayed.

Finally site commenced on 3 April 2018 and our site manager was suppose to contact us to introduce himself. No calls were made and I had to call him myself. Slab commenced on site on 19 April 2018 and was completed on 23 April. I advised that I was hiring building inspectors and requested the site manager to advise when I need to arrange a time with building inspector for pre-pour. Our site manager completely forgot about it and I had to message him myself otherwise he would have forgotten and poured the slab. Luckily Darbecca was available for next day pre-pour check.

Frames started on 10 May 2018 and finally got completed on 25 May 2018. Again I had to text the site manager to arrange building inspector. All of May it has rained a lot and it was really painful to see the frames lying on the muddy ground in rain and puddles. The website progress advised that our roof was completed on 31 May but when we went today there was no roof at all. We could see water logged marks on the first floor boards. I am not sure how long they can leave the frames with no roof before the timber gets destroyed by rain, ours has been exposed all of May.

I am not happy with how slow the build commenced and they took two months to complete the frame when next door neighbours’ started much later and have finished their lock up stage. It is just one thing after another with Metricon and I feel like they have drained the joy of our build. I am so unhappy with the whole process that I have decided to leave a review before our house is finished. I literally have no confidence. Really tired and fed up.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Suzie, We are disappointed to read that you are unhappy with the way your journey has progressed from when you initially signed up. Please allow us to assist and follow up your concerns with th... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Suzie, We are yet to receive your details, if you would like us to address your concerns with the relevant team please contact customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon contract number or... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

VERY POOR QUALITY WORK.....WE DID'T GET WHAT WE PAID FOR.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Very bad quality work cheap tradies.
***None of the walls in our house are straight.
****Lots of items overcharged and charged twice. Things been charged but not done. When asked for refund they basically told me do whatever you want to do.
****After sending so many emails and final confirmation of our pantry it was still not according to plan. Paid for all high doors but they installed some standard doors. All doors have a massive clearance on bottom. Bulk heads are not straight. Kitchen window is not straight. Very unhappy with the work.
****Paid for floor preparation was not done but money not refund.
**** Charged us $66,442 for site costs that should be around 18-25k same as the next door houses. I don't understand why they have overcharged? Initially sales consultant said will be refunded.
***Warranty works was booked 6 weeks ago hardly any work got done.
****All Bathrooms tiles badly scratched nothing has been done for this issue.
****Brick work was poorly done and looked nothing like the ones in the display home.
****During construction Metricon used so much water and I received a $900 bill. They should of pay for it.
****Contract extension charged for 4 months however land was ready to build in 3 months. I didn't receive the one month refund.
**** We were charged for a stair balustrade however it wasn't installed. I have sent over a dozen emails however there response they were unable to refund this. I don't know why?
****Very unprofessional service I had to wait long periods of time to get the any work done.

To Metricon Directors should listen customer complains and resolve the issues.
Overcharged amount should be reviewed and refund to clients.
Thank you, we hope you guys take appropriate action to fix this problem.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi MISTRY, We are disappointed to read that you are not happy with the quality of your home and believe that some of the works were not completed and should be refunded. Please allow us the opportu... read more »

Hi there, I have contacted dozens of time your customer care nothing happen. Your customer care name should be change to "WE DON'T CARE" They have all issues and concern I have reported please go ... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi MISTRY, We are sorry you feel our service has not met your expectations. We have every intention to assist with your concerns and in order for us to locate your file, kindly email customercare@... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: May 2018

Careless about the build

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

The build experience with Metricon started well and we made progress, upto the point of getting financial approval and the disappointment of a valuation shortfall. At this point the experience changed and the pre build manager started to cut corners with requirements for retaining walls and whether these were really necessary, or suggesting in the South Australian climate that air con or a floor were things you didn't really need. The approach was more around Metricon getting the sale and not focussed on the customer and their final house.

A shortfall on the property valuation led to final financial decline and termination of the contract. Metricon were non negotiable on the charges incurred to that point when it was neither Metricon or us who were to blame. We were left with no option but to accept the refund amount. Metricon were not willing to negotiate on anything, and the charges incurred were felt excessive.

What started well, ended with disappointment and frustration.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Dear Customer, We are sorry that Metricon was not in a position to assist with the shortfall of your valuation which resulted in financial decline which then led to the termination of your contract... read more »

Malvern East

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Terrible experience go through with them 3 years to build my home.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Poor quality; prolong process and very very stressful experience.
We sign off by impress their flash display. But you never get that quality no matter how much you been charged.
This builder put a lots money on sales , marketing. Not enough resource to have enough supervisor, good tradesmen. The ending product will never get what you been told.
Watch the contract signed, many fine print or hidden meanings. The moment signed the contract and you lost control and only can pray you luck! Worst decision made in our life to build with Metricon.
We still have roof leaking issue after couples leaking been fixed. So we don't how long will drag us. The stressful journey continue....

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lynda, We are sorry to read that you have had a stressful experience and feel as though you do not have the quality of home you expected. So that we can investigate your concerns and escalate to... read more »

This review was wrote 3 months ago and product review give chance "Say send the review to Builder to have chance to fix before publishing" I was stupid take that option , so this is not been publis... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Lynda, Apologies if there has been any miscommunication, we have only been made aware of this post dated on the 2nd of June. We have every intention to assist with your concerns, please allow u... read more »

Pakenham

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Nothing but whole bunch of lies and errors.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I am in the process of building my second home by Metricon. My experience has been worst this time around with a lot of lies by sales person. I have been mucked around since July 2017. I was called in to sign a contract after 9 months but had so many cumulative errors and cost involved due to lies. 6 pages of errors had to be rectified. Furthermore, a lot of lies were told by sales consultant during walk through and including title land discount. But now rejected. I was given a threatening call from consultant saying that he had spoken to his manager and have decided to throw away my contract into the bin just because I pointed out about why he had lied to me. He hung up without listening to me and yelling at me. I complained to my customer service coordinator but nothing happened. I am still waiting for my final pre-contract Price and have been advised that I would only get $4000 title land discount instead of $10000 and then $8500 promised initially. I left so many massaged for someone in complains department to call me but have not heard from them.

After initial post Metricon contacted but again same cumulative errors and further s ems bluffing as they have charged me for items the consultant promised were free during walk- through.

I would definitely not recommend anyone who doesn’t want stress to build with Metricon at this point of time.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Umesh, as communicated earlier, we are following up with the relevant team and will request for an update asap for you. A member of our team will contact you to assist.

Denham Court

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Very disappointing, terrible site manager, poor communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Very disappointed with the very unresponsive site manager, we were promised to be given weekly update by email when the construction started in August last year, but he forgot entirely (his true word 'FORGOT') in September and October, we sent numerous emails to him and support team, finally got updates in mid November.

When we went to our site to check in December last year, we found red spray everywhere on the frames, I know it will be covered by plasterboard eventually, but the reason they provided was not acceptable which is because their people got bored and they just sprayed everywhere in our property for fun!! And our site manager didn't even think it matters, after demanding an apology several times finally he apologised. We were totally shocked by the unprofessional attitude, which is not respecting their clients and their client's property.

After we emphasised again and again we need weekly update by email, there was only one email update in January, two updates in February. No update in March, one update in late April. We still have not received any update in May, and we have made numerous contacts again with the construction manager, Building Support Coordinator, Building Support Team Leader, and was assured we would get an update last week, but nothing has come through still. We are exhausted to communicate with these people who are not keeping their words. We might just lock up our site, and keep Metricon away from our site.

Our reference number is 678300. We also contacted customer service to change the site manager in January, but no one got back to us until I called them later and was told that our request got rejected. Our learning is Customer care does not help if we don't take this issue to public.

I saw lots of good reviews, maybe it is just our bad luck to have the worst team working for our project. If you think to build with Metricon and would like to know who to avoid to be your site manager, please let me know.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Brandy, We acknowledge your feedback and we are sorry to read you are unhappy with the communication from the team. The matter has been escalated through to senior management for review. A memb... read more »

Thanks, Metricon. We got email update from our site manager yesterday finally after chasing again and again for one month!! And no apologies still !! Just like it is all right for you to break the promise and let your clients down.

Metricon Official

Good Morning Brandy, Thank you for your recent feedback and again we apologise you feel the communication from our team has been unsatisfactory. We understand our Area Building Manager has been i... read more »

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: May 2018

Cabinetry visibly faded in only 4 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

We trusted Metricon with all the joinery in our house and selected the same cabinetry finish as the display house. During the build no protection was made to the cabinetry nor were we informed that this product would fade so visibly. We were not satisfied with this and believe we have a right to move into a our new home with the colour we selected and have all the faded cabinetry completely replaced or compensated so we can bring in a third party to do the job.

After weeks of meeting, Metricon have decided to only replace the doors, and instead strip off the top layer of polishing and re-polish the shelving (which the owner of the joinery business said wasn't a good idea because then the doors and shelving will fade at different rates) - we are also concerned that the shleving might be damaged in the process.

We have many concerns with their solution, but Metricon wont give us a guarantee on the cabinetry.
For all the money we have spent on these cabintery, we don't want them to be faded so much in 4 months again! It is understandable for wood as a natural product to fade over time, but 4 months is ridiculus and unheard of.

Anyone considering getting cabinetry done by Metricon should reconsider, from our experience in the whole build it is one of the things we regret most, really not worth the all the money we spent for the bad quality and the time it took. After 1year&3months, we still can't move into our new house.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jchen, We are sorry to read that your cabinetry has faded. Please allow us the opportunity to follow up the relevant team internally and to address your concern. We have sent you a private mess... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Jchen, Thank you for your recent contact with Metricon. Your concerns have been reviewed and we understand our construction team has been in contact to discuss the matter with you. As advi... read more »

Hi, It is true that Metricon has offered to reinstate the cabinetry to the selected but only partially for the cabintery upstairs and not willing to reinstate the cabinetry downstairs - which have... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Not replying email, they just don’t care after contract is signed

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Message and email the site manager few times about arrange a date for my inspector for the frame, His reply was “you can walk pass the site to have a look. “ I was like what the hell?! I thought if I want my private inspector is illegal for the builder to refuse my request. And then I ask my co-ordinator to arrange a time for inspection, also doesn’t care to reply but send my invoice instead. Advise to everyone they will try to sweet talk you to sign a contract, but after signed it, money first but customer service last.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bc426, We are disappointed to read that you are unhappy with the communication and response you have received from our team. Please allow us the opportunity to raise your concerns with the rele... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Bc426, Thank you for your recent contact with Customer Care. We apologise if there has been a miscommunication regarding your query. Independent inspections can certainly be accommodated throug... read more »

Me and my inspector went on site this morning for the Lock up stage inspection. But when we arrived and realized all plaster is already up?! My inspector couldn’t do anything because the things he ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Aug 2014

Quick to build - really really really slow to resolve any issues afterwards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

We have had issues with the balcony - water leaking in thru cracked tiles and damaging the ceiling. No expansion joints cut in. Gaps in the facade also letting water in.
It's now 2 years old, constantly writing with no response and only after getting the ACCC involved, has there been some resolution but some issues still remain unresolved and it's incredibly frustrating to deal with them.
There was no waterproofing on the balcony in the first instance so that was a problem.
No care to finishes which is the reason for the water damage.
But if you want anything repaired after the build, be prepared for a very long drawn out process.
In fixing the balcony, they damaged the watering system and we're out of pocket for repairs. I have in writing they said they would pay it but it's outstanding now for over 2 months and they haven't paid. Way to go not to pay another trade!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi AYL, We are sorry to read that you are not happy and have experienced concerns with your balcony and facade. Please allow us the opportunity to follow up the relevant team internally and to add... read more »

Person we were liaising with was [Name Removed] and haven't heard from him in over a month. Said he was chasing up the waterproofing certificate and payment to the trade who fixed the watering syst... read more »

Hi AYL,
We have sent you a private message to confirm your Metricon contract details so that we can investigate this matter for you.
We look forward to you response.
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Wollongong

Verified Customer Build Location: Southern NSW Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Poor after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We recently had to call engage the Metricon warranty team. They were extremely slow in responding and we had to chase them up continuously for a response.
Eventually accepting liability by repairing half of the damage created by a fault identified with the tile roof, we had part of our internal roof repaired. But when we noticed our internal garage roof was badly warped from the same issue, as verified verbally from their own tradesman sent out to inspect the damage, they ‘wiped their hands of any further liability’. Leaving the major repair work for us.
I felt they were very quick to sign you up and take your money, but sadly (from our experience) don’t expect much service after they hand you your keys.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kat, As communicated on 23rd April, your matter has been reviewed by our management team. A roof leak was reported to the team in December 2017. Bristle was arranged to attend and inspect the ... read more »

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Hate where you live!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

If you're thinking about building with metricon think again! They have been building my home for 19 months now & still counting when I was told it would take 8 months, right from the beginning they have been misleading in every aspect. They have a very high turn over of staff in every department, there is no communication what so ever, they never call or email, we have been trying to contact metricon via email, phone and messages and not one person can get back to us, I find this so rude & disrespectful, every job they do has to be done twice, they laid the wrong carpet and it took 2 months of them saying they will not change it until I proved it was their mistake not ours, the quality of work is very poor, metricon do not supervise their contractors, you can not build a house from inside an office, they are not on site often enough, our house is literally sitting there & no work is getting done day after day, it's literally a days work & we could be in. there is zero support from metricon!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi llias, we are sorry to read of the delay in completing your home. Please allow us the opportunity to escalate the matter by sending an email to customercare@metricon.com.au with reference to you... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Ilias, Thank you for your recent contact. We apologise for the building experience and acknowledge there has been a number of unforeseen staff movements which has affected the construction proc... read more »

melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Super slow and bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Terrible customer service, especially the internal home selection and home comfort selection. Emails have been ignored for a month and they suddenly asked you to sign the agreed formal document with the wrong pricing and items. After writing a complaint email, then they apologise for "Not" seeing my email. It means that they have been either ignoring your mail or just cant be bothered replying to you. I sent 2 emails without any reply, then one month later asking me to sign a formal document with all the wrong pricings and items. Lucky I check, otherwise would have been ripped off by the thousands $$$

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Arie, We are dissapointed to read of your experience thus far. If further clarification is required for any items on your contract, kindly allow us to assist. Please email customercare@metricon... read more »

1 of 11 pages