Filter By:

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Worse builders Ever! They will do anything to avoid coming back to repair ongoing issues.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

We had nothing but troubles since the start of our build.

Firstly the sales staff would have to be the nicest people which makes you really comfortable and want to build with them.

Firstly they did not build our home as to the plans and upgraded options we requested for and paid for. They try to give a small money incentive to allow them to continue to build and when we don't agree to the money and say we want to build it to the plans they keep on telling us that the building will be delayed and it is our fault and we will have to pay for the delays.

Once the house was completed there was a whole heap of issues, some of the minor ones they fix and anything major they refuse to fix, examples of the items they refuse to fix is:
- The extremely slow refill of the toilet tank (about 10mins), they refuse to fix this as we paid over $1k to get the nice inwall cistern but the work is too hard to repair as they will have to knock down the wall to get to it.
- They upsell me to an expensive matching microwave and steam oven then at the time of build they say the microwave is no longer available and they will not replace for a different matching microwave and steam oven, instead they say the choice is to leave the ugly hole in the wall of get a tiny standard microwave.
- We paid to get our cornices upgraded and they installed the wrong ones, they blame their suppliers and say we just have to live with what we are given as it is too hard to replace them now and it was my responsibility notify them before they installed it. (I am busy working everyday and trusted Metricons site supervisor to make sure the correct ones were ordered and installed).
- We reported we had a water leak in our pipes just after the build was completed and they refused to fix it as it was too hard to locate where the leak is.
- Our undermount sink has collapsed just after 1 year of ownership, and we discovered it was mounted with just silicon with no bracing or stronger glues, after reporting it to Metricon they pretty much brushed their hands and said it's over 12 months now and they don't have to fix it.
- We keep on reporting missing silicon gaps between the tiles in the bathroom and the request is just ignored.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Harry, We acknowledge your feedback and refer to recent communications via Metricon Facebook page. As advised, our team has arranged for the appropriate trades to further inspect your concerns.... read more »

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2011

Hopeless in every department

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Hopeless rubbish workmanship. Warranty department is a joke. Spend your hard earned cash elsewhere. Idiots at best. Useless and that's being polite. [name removed] and [name removed] will blame everything and everyone else for Metricon's shortcomings. There warranty department will do everything in there power to avoid fixing issues that you have. Steer well clear of these builders. Metricon love were you live what a joke.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Phillip, we are saddened to read your feedback. We understand you have been in contact with our Customer Care team who will continue to follow up with your concerns. We have also been advised th... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Southern NSW Construction End Date: Mar 2016

Metriwrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

not to Australian standards the house is fallen apart. Think again if you want to build with them
Not a good company from your dream home to a nightmare
We also still waiting for someone to call back from the 24th of October
Try to speak to them and you get the runaround no will take responsibility for the work

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Alvaro, Thanks for your contact. Our team are currently on festive season break and will investigate this further on our return, from 2nd January. In the meantime, please email us (customercar... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Alvaro, Thank you for contacting us via Product Review and for bringing this to our attention. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to inves... read more »

• 7 comments

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Unsatisfactory Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Construction Services have been very slow and not up to the mark specially at the time of finalisation. Not attending the phone calls, not replying to the emails and not able to meet the targets as promised. Seems like after they have got the major chunk of payments, they seem to have lost their interest in finalisation which is very visible from the fact that all the homes in our neighbourhood which started construction much after us have already been completed and families have moved in. Very disappointed with “Australia’s Top Builders”

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Shalini Gupta, We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to investigate the above matter regarding communication during Construction. If you coul... read more »

Details have been sent at the email provided.

Metricon Official

Hi Shalini, thank you for your post.
Our Customer Care team is in receipt of your email and will continue to correspond through email communications.

Point Cook

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Dear Award Metricon, Love you become my nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Ref: Customer code: 493781
Your Ref 685010

I have paid first deposit on 17th November, 2017 and had contract at same date. We agreed that I will come back from China on middle of October to do colure design and sign final contract.
I came back on 18th October and [name removed] (your sales) was going to the holiday for two weeks. We meet him at end of October we found that Metricon even not finished final drawing and not scheduled our colure design. We visited [name removed] many times at your office and send complaint letter on 9th November. We also told your staff our complaint at studio M but until today almost one month late still no reply from Metricon.
Our return flight tickets are on 28th December I wish I can got final drawing and final colure design within 8 month and two weeks from first payment day. I wish Chinese people are able to trust your company brand and Australia Reward.
Best Regards,

George

Dear Metricon Customer Care,

I am very glad to find word the "Metricon Customer Care". I have try my best efforts and to be great patient in order to get Australia award's builder service (even not expected care) but the true story is not easy. Your reply is first response from Metricon after first written complaint to [name removed]. I would like to say that " Dear Award Metricon, Love you become my nightmare". Yes it is true story that "Choice Award Metricon just like song broken my heart". Facts and the timeline are as following:
1. First deposit $1500 and initial contract was signed on 17th April 2017.
2. Metricon promised we will obtain the initial drawing and floor plan within two weeks. However, Metricon failed to deliver the floor plan on schedule. Therefore, I had to go back to my business in China on 7th May after one month completely wasted in Australia.
3. We reached agreement with the Sanctuary Lakes Committee on the floor plan and façade treatment on 12th July. We believed the plan was prepared by Metricon, agreed by us and approved by Sanctuary Lakes. Consequently, there should be no further questions but just some paper works to be done. Surprisingly, on 14th September Metricon decided to submit another design to Sanctuary Lakes without prior notifying us nor obtaining our permission. The design was completely different and even Sanctuary Lakes Committee was surprised to see it, since they also thought all parties have reached an agreement in July. Clearly, this plan was not approved by both Sanctuary Lakes and us, so it wasted another two months of effort conservatively speaking.
4. Nonetheless, I was explicitly informed that I would be able to see the final drawings by 2nd of October. According to my experience with Metricon so far, I booked my flight on 18th October to arrive Melbourne just to allow more time for your slow system to proceed. My son informed [name removed] for the date of my arrival and my expectation to see the final drawings. Not surprisingly, [name removed] was on his week off, and wouldn't be able to see us on 2nd of November. I understand that [name removed] deserved his personal leisure time, but what really upsets me is the Metricon system was not functioning during this whole time. When we finally met him on 2nd November, all we got was the same drawings as 12th July. Seriously, I mean for God's sake, it took Metricon four months to get here and you could not even get to draw the pillar right. As a result, we were told the plan could finally be submitted and drawn, which should happen three months ago. Again, Metricon broke its promise and delayed us for another four moths.
5. At last, on our last meeting with [name removed], we was told even the process has been delayed, on the middle of next week we would know the date to receive our final drawings. This date should be roughly before January since, the drawings takes up to three weeks. After three weeks of no response, we were notified that the plan has not been sent to drawings yet, hence we could only hope to see that drawings on late January. This scored another two weeks for the delay team.

So, Metricon please, let me do the math for you: Start from 17th April 2017 the initial deposit date to 8th December 2017, it has already been eight months of working and we do not even have the final drawings yet. Besides that, guess how many month Metricon wasted? Two weeks plus four months plus another two weeks equals to five months!

Please understand this complaint letter is not against our agent [name removed]. He has been working hard to help us and as he told me in the phone today he had already spoken to the managers to push the schedule. So the letter is complaining about the frustrating system to deliver value to customer in Metricon.

Like I already mentioned in my previous complaint letter. So I am requesting Metricon to take customer experience more seriously. Since I will leave Melbourne at the end of December, I wish the final drawings and color selection and contract to be signed before that time. Therefore we can at least recover some of the time wasted in the last seven months and moving forward.

As a customer with Chinese background, I was surprised for Metricon's slow-reaction and progressing time as the top building company in Australia. I believe none of the foreign investors will favor such long period of waiting time. The only reason for me to holding my complaint and experience from the product review, ACCC and Chinese social media is because our Agent [name removed] worked hard to communicate and explain the situation to us. Hence I am willing to maintain my patience a bit more.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi George, Our Customer Care team have received the above review via Private Message last week. As per our correspondence, you will be contacted today to schedule your Studio M appointment for sel... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Stressful and Frustrating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

So, me and my husband is about to build our FIRST HOME, we have no idea with the process about building, so we believed on what is been told to us by this company and on what they advertised that they are the best builder. We signed the contract and was told that we can add upgrades even after signing it will be like a variations, the sales person said we can do upgrades as a variations.

And we started the process with our efficient coordinator. Our first Coordinator is Great and the Best. Our request are easily addressed, smooth sailing, she explains things and the reason behind it and always comes up with alternative options when we don't like something, all issues easily fixed and she communicates very well, response to my emails on the same day or the next day. Apparently she has to go on maternity leave.

Then new people took over, as far as I know whole new bunch of new people in the metricon team. Our frustration starts. Some upgrades that we want that is on the upgrade list of our home range was declined, reason? We don't know because there is no explanations. They declined variations we requested with our 1st coordinator. I am asking them why my 1st coordinator was able to assist us with those upgrade request and now they are declining it. There will be no update on what is going on unless you will email them. The worst part is I feel like we are begging them to do the upgrade!

The upgrades that was approved is a long conversation and feels like I begged it for them to approve it. Poor customer service from the new Customer Coordinator. We don't received regular update on what is going on. Its an ongoing issue for 3 months!

Its been a slow process and difficult since the new Coordinator team took over.

Not happy and not excited to build anymore! Starting to regret why I choose this company. We are only at the planning stage and we are already frustrated.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Charmine, We have received your review via private message on December 12th and advised this matter is currently being reviewed by Management. We have also received the same correspondence via ... read more »

Update. My concern has been addressed by the the Manager and he easily fixed this problem in a flick, he approved our request right away. I hope I will not encounter any disappointment with this pr... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Charmine, thank you for your comment. We understand our Management team have resolved your issues, we are glad to know this has been completed. Should you have any further enquiries relating to... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Do Not Build With Metricon!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I wish I had known how bad this company is prior to building with them. The entire experience has been a nightmare, all caused by Metricon and they're total incompetence. They use cheap contractors and materials and once they have your money are completely unprofessional and impossible to communicate with. Customer service is non existent and they don't care about their customers or about the terrible quality of their work. We have had leaking roof, flooded downstairs bathroom because they didn't install upstairs shower correctly, leaking sinks, no site clean and builders rubbish everywhere, faulty render, faulty windows and doors, multiple items left out of build despite being in contract, damaged surfaces, walls that aren't straight, missing steps, faulty heating along with a looooong list of other issues. A lot of the problems were caused by the useless plumbers they choose to work with, Beston Plumbing highly recommend avoiding them at all costs. We are now left with plumbing that does not work and Metricon refuses to deal with it despite being given CCTV footage from independent expert as requested by Metricon showing evidence of the fault. In the process of a formal complaint with DBDRV 12 months later thanks to all the lies, delay tactics and complete lack of concern from all Metricon employees including management. Don't get sucked in by their fancy display homes because that is not what you will get.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jigga, We are dissapointed to read that you have been unhappy building with us, please be assured that it is not Metricon's intention for you to feel this way. As the matter has been referred t... read more »

It has been repeatedly brought to the attention of a number of customer service staff, warranty and service department and multiple managers so saying you can't escalate further is irrelevant at th... read more »

melbourne

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Be Careful with Metricon's Tactics

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

I moved in new home after going through a lot of pain with Metricon. I thought the painful journey was over and I was wrong.

On the day of new home inspection (three months after I moved in), I showed the service manager that some doors made intolerable noise. He applied the lubricant and it did not fix the issue. Then he reassured me that it would settle over the time and I trusted what he said.

However, it did not settle. So I raised a service request to the service manager later. He then told me there was 90 day warranty with the door furniture and I was already out of warranty. As a result, Metricon would not look at this issue any more.

So these are the tactics Metricon is playing:
1. When the product is still in warranty, Metricon finds all kinds of excuse to delay the repair.
2. When you realize something is still wrong and raise the service request later, Metricon then tells you that you are out of warranty and pushes you away.

My suggestions to everyone are:
1. Keep all the evidence (email or photo). Sometimes Metricon will try to ignore your evidence if it is disadvantageous to them.
2. Don't trust any excuse which will delay the repair. Insist the repair should be done immediately.

This is just one of many other similar issues. Metricon always has the final say and disregards the evidence which is disadvantageous to them. I hope my experience can help existing customers prepare well in advance. For those who plan to build their dream house, think over before you make decision.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

HI yhfg27, We are dissapointed to read that you have been unhappy with our service team. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au with an outline of your concerns and Metricon contract number for... read more »

I have already escalated to Metricon with all the details. The final verdict from Metricon is "your comments are noted. However, Metricon won't look at your issue any more".

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Absolute horror show, worst of worst experiences of our first home building

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

It must be darkest days of life when I stepped foot in metricon office. There sales consultant ([name removed]) is liar, fraud and cheaters he promised thousand things but has not delivered a single one of them. It's been 3 months since I have paid my deposit and they have not been able to issue my preliminary contract to me and my sales consultant has up till now met us 3 times and has cancelled 11 appointments, some of them without even letting us know.
So I contacted there head office and experience over there is even worst absolutely incompetent service and unacceptable excuses all the time is all I have got from this company. Because of this, I hate that I have decided to built the house in first place and it is going to cost me $10000 extra in rent and land repayment which is absolutely depressing and gut wrenching.
I would not even suggest metricon to my worst enemy.
Also I request every one to get everything in black and white from this company's sale consultant as I requested time and again for everything I was offered before paying the deposit in writing and I was assured I will get it soon but never got it and now I have minimal to fall back on as I have decided to take this fraudulent and lying company to consumer affair and I would request everyone suffering from this company's hand to do the same.

To every one out there please do not make mistake of building with this company.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chirag, We are dissapointed to read that you have yet to receive your preliminary contract since paying your deposit. We have located your file and currently escalating the matter for you. A me... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Chirag, Thank you for your recent feedback. We understand our Operations Manager has been in contact to discuss your concerns. Thank you for allowing us to assist with re-preparing your paperwor... read more »

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2012

Terrible service during construction and warranty claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

My home is just 5 years old and recently many cracks appeared throughout the ceiling, walls and tiles and many other. Consulted an independent building inspector and he had informed that there are issues in roof structure and seemed front side of the house in moving and couldn’t find a reason, may be a structural issue. The report was sent to Metricon warranty service for a claim, Metricon supervisor came for a visit and he doesn’t seem to care about the issues and trying to show us these issues are very minor.

I never received a report from Metricon stating what causing the issues, contacted them many times but no replies at all. They just sending trades to do the touch ups to coverup. Wired is just one guy came to fix the roof truss and he said that roof truss wasn’t done properly and the roof is pushing down. Don’t know how he fixed the roof by himself!

We had so many issues since start. Metricon sold us a house and land package and later informed us the advertised house cannot be built at the lot and redone a brand-new house plan to fit in to the lot. Many issues during the construction including the slab, roof, structure, doors and the fittings.

Initial slab wasn’t also done properly and add another layer on top of it to balance or whatever, I really have no idea what they have done. This may be the cause for issues we are experiencing now. Contacted everyone in Metricon to get a report, there just ignoring the request without an explanation, not even replying to the emails. So, we are not sure what to do now, and doesn’t allow any trades to come in until I Metricon send me a report.

These are the same people building homes, So I would not recommend Metricon to anyone.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Warren, We are sorry to read of the issues you are experiencing in your home. For us to seek further information for you, can you please send us an email to customercare@metricon.com.au. Kindly... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Warren, thank you for recent feedback.
A reminder to please contact customercare@metricon.com.au if we can be of further assistance.
Metricon Customer Care.

I have contacted you guys many times, still refusing to provide a report. Keep telling that house was built according to the standards, I wouldn't have issues at the first place if the house was bu... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Lucky Draw

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We built with metricon homes this year, and since the start we have had 3 different supervisors and now that we have settled can not get any communication!!
The first 2 supervisors and experience with metricon homes was great! Could not have said anything bad about them if I wanted to.
Although once our supervisor got promoted and got given another, it has been 1 headache after another!
We settled on the property due to being 36 weeks pregnant and living in a 1 bedroom unit with myself my partner a 2 year old and a newborn which would have been very difficult! We were advised by our supervisor ([name removed]) that we would receive 4 months for any defects instead of the usual 3 because of all their stuff around!
On day of settlement when we received our keys we were also advised by [name removed] to list down all defects we can find within the home and write it down and email it to him and he will organise trades people to come and fix. We moved in on a Friday and sent the list on the Sunday there were roughly 25+ defects within the home.
I have sent [name removed] email after email messages and trying to call and can not get in touch!
The render to the front portico is the incorrect colour we advised [name removed] if this and he said he would come out to our house and look that was 4 weeks ago! And he is still yet to come! [name removed] said he was waiting for [name removed] (head of dulux) to get back to him regarding the colour. Although my partner works for dulux and called [name removed] himself and [name removed] says he hasn't heard from [name removed] in months!! So ever since settlement you will not be able to get them on the phone or any defects in your house fixed! Once they have their money they don't care about your home.
If I was in a different situation or could go back I would hold the last payment until they fixed all defects In the home!
We have contacted and dealing with dbdrv which is the domestic building dispute resolution Victoria. And they will get everything fixed eventually although it is a headache when these defects should be fixed accordingly! We are looking at investment homes and I will not be going with metricon based on this last supervisor [name removed]!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ash, Please allow us to help ensure your concerns are being addressed. We would appreciate if you could please contact us via email to CustomerCare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract num... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Ash, in reference to our last comment on your post, please make contact if we can assist with anything further.
Regards,

Melbourne, VIC

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Pathetic and Terrible service!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

We'd recently considered Metricon as our first home builder (Bentleigh 34) in Tarneit. Everything was finalised including floor plan, cost, etc. and we'd been waiting for an official Studio M visit and we'd received an letter from Metricon as well that we'd hear from Metricon very soon in terms of someone appointed in our case and we'd be invited shortly for the colour selection, etc. It has been more than 2 months since we'd finalised everything including quote, etc. And, we'd to call / SMS so many times in the recent couple of weeks but, we were not able to get the feedback. Today morning, when I'd called up Sales consultant then he said, he has received some feedback from the technical team and he will revert soon. He called up as well after 10 minutes and guess what he said??? He said, we can't go for Bentleigh 34 as our house will be North East face and we cant built 34 m2 house because of the direction. This is very very very frustrating and then he is now suggesting us to go for another recent promo scheme (no Bentleigh) but, CLAREMONT I guess. I'm yet to receive his email with the details but, this is really bad experience and now, he is asking us to pay more because of Metricon's fault (going to less squares / more) and paying more in terms of reducing few m2 and pay more due to that. I was going through the plan online while googling and it does not match our requirements.

Now, the thing is our land will be titled somewhere in early next year (January 2018 - February 2018) and we have long way to go in terms of getting feedback from him, studio visit, building contract, applying for bank loan, etc.

This is becoming nightmare for us. We thought that selection of builder for our first home as Metricon is the right choice but, we are highly disappointed because of this. I hope someone including Sales consultant would look into this matter very SERIOUSLY and provide feedback ASAP. It has been wastage of our time so far!!! Very bad experience. Please reply ASAP. Thanks, Hardik

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Hardik, Thank you for your review. Our team is aware of your concerns and as advised, we are seeking clarification from the relevant team and will provide an outcome as soon as it becomes avail... read more »

Hi Metricon, I've been waiting for the deposit return. I was told that it would take at least 14 days. It has been more than 2 weeks now. Can someone please look into this immediately and provide f... read more »

Metricon Official

Good afternoon Hardik, Thank you for your Product Review comment. We understand our Sales Manager has been in contact with you on Friday 15th December with an update to your refund. As you have bee... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Painful experience.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I will keep this review factual and objective so you can make decision if you are considering Metricon is a choice of builder for your new Home. Hopefully it can bring insight to you based on my experience with Metricon.

After my initial deposit on the house construction with the sales consultant. It took Metricon 4 weeks to assign support coordinator to get in touch with me.

One of the key decision i went with Metricon is that they advised & promised construction build completion time frame less than 5 months. It took them one year. Despite countless followups and emails/phones calls with the customer support coordinator. I was ignored many times by the weeks with literally no response and i had to escalate many times for some one to acknowledge that i am only reaching out to get an update on when the build will even start. I have already paid over 30K by that stage on deposit and the land was registered. Developer approval took many months and it was very costly and frustrating exercise as i am paying for rent and land and it was one of the main reasons i have chosen Metricon as they promised a quicker turn around time to build in comparison to their competitors.

# Be careful with the variation changes.

- Customer Support Coordinator failed to include the full price of tiles variations in the contract - worth 8K. My home loan was already approved and already making progress payments. At the time of settlement, Metricon invoiced me 8K extra for the tiles that wasn't factored in my loan because Metricon did not list the variation price correctly in the contract papers (including variations changes). This is the contract i have given the Bank for the house loan). However because i signed the variation and they were using that to force me to pay. I am all up for the doing the right thing but i couldn't simply go to the bank to re-do my loan as it meant i had to pay LVR. approx 18K. Even though they admitted they at fault but in short - "you have to pay this either way". It was dark times for me as i had no choice but to come up with this amount of money. I tried to take legal action to follow a dispute and legal advice was confident it's a win situation as they are accountable for invoices and billing etc but legal fees alone was more than 8K. I had to give in and pay. Horrible experience.

Another occurrence of this theme, they lost track of a theatre door variation i have requested. I was advised of this just before they starting the build. It was either cancel the door variation or keep it. Once again, because it wasn't factored in the contract price, the cost of the door had to come out of my pocket. Worth over 3K. Just unbelievable.

# Poor workmanship:

The workmanship and build quality is just plain poor. Don't take my word for it. I had 4 independent inspections done. 2 for plumbing inspection and 2 for Pre-Purchase Inspections. I will explain why this happened:

# Plumbing inspection:

The report showed defects that does not comply with Australian Standards – building Code and Law HB39 2015, The valley gutter required to be replaced due to acid damage, the flashing on the garage roof required to be replaced due to acid damage, The laps on the box gutter were incorrect.

The Construction Manager wasn't professional handling these defects and doesn't believe they warrant to be fixed. He was rude and I was pushed to pay the house settlement. It appeared to me he just wanted the house handed over and without actually looking into the report. I had no choice but to pay the settlement as there are other legal repercussions if I didn’t.

I have asked for Customer Care from Metricon to help but they just went to the same Construction Manager and feeding back the same push back attitude.

I have filed a complaint to the Victoria Building Authority (VBA) and they forced Metricon to address these damages. Even though it was a good outcome, it was horrible experience overall and it could have been avoided.

# Pre-Purchase Inspections:

- This is just some examples came from the report: Paint defects, plaster damage, Theatre door window panels were scratched. That door was purchased from Metricon for nearly 3K. Many other defects, Rain-head was hacked, literally cut through by a jigsaw or something in that manner to make the overflow fit as the Rain-head was under sized. Excessive gap between the bricks and aluminium window flashing that needs to be
rectified, roof space insulation bats not installed correctly...list goes on.

I had to bring independent inspection for the second time round and reports shows majority of defects were not addressed. It was stressful. I had to argue and present my case in many forms and fashion for defects to be addressed as it appears there is default behaviour of pushing back to address these items as it meant costs for Metricon to re-do and fix.

Moving into the home, I have reported approx. 20 defects. Few examples were:

- Water leakage in the kitcken and the garage
- Powerpoints were not working
- Hot water stopped working.
- The LAN cables didn’t work
- Heater failed 6 times (literally)
- Kitchen Tap got stuck in hot water
- Drainage issues
- External lights were not turning on
- Paint defects

List goes on..

The positive note, the Service & Warranty Site Manager was prompt to come onsite to help address these issues and managing these defects but overall quality work is poor and i expect alot more from a Leading Builder.

I am still recovering from massive $$$ debts due to costly errors caused on their part. I question the customer care value. I question their trust as they certainly broken that for me and i can't recommend Metricon to anyone.

It’s a risk to your investment to give it to Metricon. This organisation is disconnected from their customers and genuine care. I hope this review was useful if you are considering Metricon. Do your research before you commit with your choice of Builder.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Prime, We are dissapointed to read that you have been unhappy throughout your build with Metricon. Please allow us to pass on your feedback to the relevant team for attention. We would apprecia... read more »

Customer Care, I have dealt with your service before and it hasn't been pleasant experience. I have turned to you once before asking for help and turned it down. It wasn't after involving Victoria... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Nightmares

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Their workmanship very bad not qualify, I have a shower screen door when it open will hitting the toilet that is ridiculous. I can’t accept that and nobody can accept. I ask the site supervisor he said can’t fix for me, why? I spent 600k+ for that not a professional builder. I have no idea which team make that mistake didn’t concern the space.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mindy,
As per recent communication with you, your matter has been escalated. We are making enquiries with the business and will provide you with an update in the earliest time possible.
Metricon Customer Care

I already waiting 2 weeks still haven’t receive any to solve my bathroom problems ? At the front door very bad workmanship of the brick ,we can see not symmetrical brick work in the both side of th... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Mindy, Thank you for your recent contact. Your matter has been referred to our Management team for review who provide the following outcome. We understand our construction team has been in con... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2014

Want a quality home built do not use Metricon, want a chook pen use Metricon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

From the time we walked in with the sales person it was one set back after the other and we were fed rubbish. They take your money then you are left with the problems. Customer service and quality does not exist in this organisation. We have too many numerous problems to list but one major problem in the last three months is the extensive cracks in the house, in particular external. We paid $6,500 to have the house rendered and you can see all the bricks coming through as there is no render on the house. We leave messages for customer service and no one returns your calls. Finally, make a call to customer service and the person I had previously spoken to no longer works for the company. Supervisor came out on the 31 October and showed him numerous cracks, photos and he took numerous photos, on the following day we received a phone call from him telling us he spoke to his construction manager and said the cracks are normal. I wonder if the construction manager was me and I was him would he accept this response after the money we paid for services we didn't receive. I want to share this with everyone and would never recommend Metricon to anyone.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Good Morning Ang, We are sorry to read that you are unhappy with the render of your home. Please allow us to escalate the matter for review by emailing customercare@metricon.com.au referencing you... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Ang, thank you for providing this information.
We have escalated the matter to our QLD management team, we will respond with further feedback once a review is completed.

Metricon Official

Hi Ang, thank you for your recent contact. We understand management has been in contact with you and pleased to know that an inspection has been arranged for next week with senior management. We l... read more »

Tarneit

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I have signed contract with Metricon in May by mid of June all my bank documents were ready. Developer approval is still pending and I am frustrated with the kind of customer service. No one would lift call, drop an email to them it takes 36hrs to respond. Inter department communication is very very poor.
I paid my 5% deposit and worried that if the developer approval get delayed till next year will they increase base price of home, I have signed up with them on discounted rate.
Inter department communication is very very poor, customer care has no clue on what's happening in the Design Team.
It's been 5 months Metricon could not secure design approval and not sure how many year they would take to get the Design Approval.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

This is very genuine review, If you are thinking of Metricon please please rethink and look for other Options.

Metricon Official

Good Morning Ravi, Thank you for your review in relation to the progress of your developer approval. We are aware of your concerns and understand that our Customer Support Team Leader has been in ... read more »

Finally Some moment on my application, Got developer approval today.
I will keep this forum posted on the progress of my application.

Melbourne, VCIC

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Very Poor Customer Service and Ridiculous Quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I am so disappointed by the customer service provided by Metricon after signing building contract. They always failed to do what they promised. If you send email to the coordinator, sometimes it will take several weeks to reply to you. And most of times, just no reply. If you call the coordinator, usually no one answers.

I signed a variation request in May and was told that quotes will be given to me later. So I waited for several months. During this period, I contacted the coordinator by phone call and email, asking the process of quotes. Coordinator always said she already pass my request to someone who is responsible and quotes will be given very soon. Finally I found the coordinator did not pass my request to the responsible person. And 4 and half months already passed. They just said sorry.

Many precious time was wasted due to coordinator's lies. On 12th September, I was told that my house layout plan had already been sent to the developer for reviewing. Once approved by the developer, Metricon will go ahead with final drawings and apply for building permit. In the next two weeks, the coordinator kept saying they were waiting for developer's approval.

On 28 September, I decided to ask developer directly. The information given by developer shocked me. Developer said the last correspondence on my lot from Metricon was 15 August, Metricon told the developer to hold off the review. In email Metricon said "Since I submitted the layouts to you the client has requested some amendments which we are currently working on. Please hold off on your review until I send you the revised layout plans."

The funny thing is Metricon just submitted this layout plan to developer 3 days ago (12 August). During this period from 12 August to 15 August, I did not request any new amendment. Actually I was waiting for quotes from Metricon on variation items in the variation request form since I signed that form at the end of May.

After knowing the fact, I immediately sent an email to the coordinator to ask the status of my house layout plan. I also included the information given by developer for the layout plan status, and I also attached a scan copy of variation request form for reference. However, no any reply from Metricon. I tried to contact the coordinator by phone call, no one answered.

Two weeks later, on 13 October, I decided to go to Metricon office which locates in Mount Waverley. I met the coordinator and asked the layout plan and developer's email. They said it may caused by the communication problem between different department in Metricon and they were very sorry. They said they will submit layout plan to developer immediately as the plan was finished. I asked them whether this finished plan included all items on the variation form. They did not know. I went through variation items with them and found there was one items still have not been done (the total variation items on that form was only 5).

When they saw this item was missing, they told me the variation request form is just a request form, not a formal finalised variation document. I said follow the normal procedure, after receiving this request form Metricon at least need to send me a quote but till then, no any quote for that item had been sent to me (4 and half months passed). They asked me whether I had passed this request to the person who is responsible for such item in Metricon. I said it was the coordinator's responsibility to pass those variation request information to that person in Metricon. After hearing that, they said yes and sorry, they would send me the quote very soon.

I do not know when my layout plan can be finished and submitted to developer for review if i had not went to Metricon on that day. However, another terrible things occurred.

On 19 October, the coordinator sent a document of variation quote and asked me to sign. The variation was for hot water service. In the contract, Metricon included a solar hot water system which is more expense than normal gas hot water system. So I required to replace this item by normal gas hot water system (Rinnai Infinity 32).

In that variation document, it states I can get $855 credit for replacing the original solar hot water service by Rinnai Infinity 26. I do not know why they made this mistake. What I want is Rinnai Infinity 32, not Rinnai Infinity 26. The information was clearly passed to coordinator in the previous email and variation request form. So I sent an email to coordinator to indicate this mistake and asked her to rectify this quote.

Yesterday (23 October) the coordinator sent a quote indicating that the quote for replacing the original solar hot water service by Rinnai Infinity 32 is $1,725. That means I get nothing back and need to pay extra $1,725. The amount difference between these two quotes (Rinnai Infinity 26 & 32) is $2,580. I do not think it is a fair quote.

The normal market price for one Rinnai Infinity 26 unit is around $1,200~1,300. And the price for one Rinnai Infinity 32 unit is around $1,800. There is only $500~600 price difference between those two units. How can Metricon justify charging $2,580 from switch from Rinnai Infinity 26 to Rinnai Infinity 32? This is almost 5 times of normal market price variation.

I sent an email to ask the coordinator to give some explanation on this abnormal quote. The answer was they "need to factor in not only the product cost, but the cost of installation and our builders margin".

By the way, the original solar hot water system in the contract includes three main parts: one Rinnai Enduro XL solar collector panel; 200L storage tank, and 20L Rinnai Solar Infinity continuous flow hot water unit. The normal market price for that system is around $3,000. This system is more expensive and more difficult to install than Rinnai Infinity 32 unit. So it is absolutely ridiculous that Metricon want to charge me extra $1,725 for replacing solar hot water service by Rinnai Infinity 32. Product cost and installation cost cannot explain that.

And as installation work for one Rinnai Infinity 32 unit would be very similar of one Rinnai Infinity 26 unit. So installation cost factor cannot justify charging $2,580 (almost 5 times of normal market price variation) for the switch from Rinnai Infinity 26 to 32.

I wrote an email to ask them to re-consider this quote. However, they replied that the quote remains the same. I will not accept this unreasonable quote. I do not know whether this price is legal or illegal. But I believe this price is unethical.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Andrew, Thank you for contacting us via Product Review and for bringing this to our attention. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to invest... read more »

Hi Metricon, just emailed contract number and property address to this email address customercare@metricon.com.au

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your comment. Our Customer Care team are in receipt of your email and have responded.
Our internal team will continue to assist with any enquiries you may have.

Wonthaggi

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2014

Absolute pathetic builders, the finishes are shocking and look second hand in a so called new house

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

The workmanship is shocking. The build was managed by a lying site manager and support was shocking. We paid almost $6000 to have our house on level ground instead of dug out and we were left to build 3 retaining walls. Our ceilings have lumps in them especially our ceiling in kitchen dining area, it is all wavey and lumpy, an absolute eyesore and embarrassing. It is not a level 4 finish. I had a breakdown over this house and the ceo accused me of my mental state because he wanted to install downlights to hide the problem and I said no I wanted it fixed.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lisagd, We are sorry to read that you are unhappy with the quality of your home. We would like to help ensure your concerns are being addressed accordingly. Kindly email customercare@metricon.c... read more »

Really Metricon you have to be kidding; I went through to the big boss and this is how I was treated. We are taking this further

Metricon Official

Hi Lisadg, we regret that you are unhappy with Metricon. Please allow us to opportunity to seek clarification for you by contacting us on the email address provided.
Sincerely,

Gladesville

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Do not use Metricon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

18 months from signing the contract to completion!
Still waiting (14 months) for liquidated damages due to late completion! Sent numerous emails but get no response??
Very bad workmanship! Many defects both internal and external, it took many months to have most rectified. The rest eg bad brickwork we have to live!!!
The company doesn't know what customer service or support is!! Numerous staff changes was always the excuse!
Please speak to other clients who have built with this company before you sign any contracts!!

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dennise, we are sorry to read that you are unhappy with the quality of your build and for the delay in finalising your account. Please email customercare@metricon.com.au referencing your contrac... read more »

Springvale

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Haven't seen this kind of bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Since we signed the contract and paid money we became less important customer ever. Consultant never reply our emails, took it further and the HO is not replying, getting charged for the mistake made by their team,if ask to resolve it resolving it by my own expense but just bit less expensive. When ever we get any variation back it's some thing wrong in it. Charged more on everything not even explain things properly before hand as the customer is a first time building and they think we know all technical words they use. Leaving on Customers you understand everything magically . Getting stress issue now just talking to anything they say no we can't do it , it's not possible and same thing is present there in the display house they have near us. Consultant get off days in week days then come back Monday spend whole day catching up of work when we call next day answer we get is we are very busy will contact you before 5 no calls then Wednesday keep on calling no reply Thursday they will call 5 mins to 5 and ask us to hurry up as they are running out of time.

So I my not understanding here that they are in Customer service or not.A Customer is spending all their hardcore money their savings to build their first dream house and they treat us that we are the oldest player in the game will understand even the blink of their eye that what they want to tell us. I am afraid that this just happened on the time of building contract n variations what happen when they after building. We feel in this whole time period if you got something good is the site supervisor. We think Metricon is lucky to have him. Our house is in that supervisor's hand and it is becoming a beautiful house. But today we went to check how new house is up to now we notice that there is some space above the windows. We thought that brick layer is not finished when we first noticed that. Now they Color it white so that space will be more visible and house look so ugly .When we ask answer is this is what Metricon do.

God sake of Metricon if we ever seen this ugly looking cement sheet peeking out from my beautiful brick wall I will never agree to go ahead. Then I searched my contract in which we can see some dots above the windows but it's not mention that it is something extra ugly here. There are so many arrow pointing so many things but not any arrow mention that what is that dots for . When we were signing we ask the question that if all of this is render where you will put brick they said around the house they didn't mention that there will be a cement sheet above the windows.Before for the brick layer above the garage door they charged $1000 and delete my evement. Metricon need to train their staff properly and need to keep this in mind that Customer don't know all building stuff so explain them what they are paying and what will they get.

My experience was I went it Metricon after deciding that we want to build delta from Metricon it was like we go in a shop and it say ice cream parlour and there is no ice cream and to check what ingredients are in it . We searched things from out side fight with them told them yes these are the thing we want then they process and in that also they charged us extra that we are telling them late. For god sake when we came for appointment why didn't you show us inclusions and exclusions what is up grade or what we are getting in.

We say don't even waste your time with them.
I gave last chance to Metricon to change their reputation but they showed that what their consultant are they are what Metricon made them . Want money but don't want to give what Customer paid for. We use facade of $7000 they send us another invoice they said because you change facade your site cost is $2000 up as it's big facade. We gave that as it make sense to us. Then they said draft man made mistake that he forgot to draw brick layer above the garage door invoice was of $5000 we were shocked as if facade is already now of $9000 why the garage is included in if not even include in it then why you are showing is that you are getting this. To resolve our issue they delete our evement above the garage and put brick layer charge us $1000 now the facade is of $10000 then few weeks ago we visited our house under construction there was a some in fill above the windows which we didn't even know what they are. We ask questions and Metricon said that what we signed for if you guys explain what we are getting we could have ask you to put brick layer on it. But they said no we can't . When we ask why our windows and door are small size then the facade we paid for they said it's draft man mistake we will put brick layer above windows and door. But it's not what I paid for. If you can't give us the same thing then put bricks above the windows around our house too they said no we can't. You can take money from us full but can't provide what you show us. They said display house has big window in the same facade because of lot size different but that display house is 482 sqm and our lot is of 512 sqm if you can make it on smaller size why can't you make on big lot.
Such a ridiculous answer they give which doesn't even make sense.
The worst consultant is [name removed] who messed all case on first place and second [name removed] who keep on hiding her mistake's she admitted in front of us later on stage that she work here but build her house with someone else . If their own staff down trust them how can they give customer service to outsiders.
One and only person who is doing good job is the site manager [name removed]. He take every thing very seriously and in detail.
This all mess up happened in Blackburn road mount Waverley Metricon.

So my advice is ask them million questions and ask them to put that in writing do not sign till they do everything or they will not listen to you after you pay 5% .
I recommend not to go with them.
I

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Raj, Thank you for your review. Our Customer Care team have been in contact with you on Monday 16th October to provide further clarification in high detail to the concerns raised. We acknowledg... read more »

Hi Metricon, There is no way you guys will do anything right. So stop sending replies. Because you are not doing the right thing. I don't want to repeat anything. It's enough now I will fix my hou... read more »

1 of 9 pages