Filter By:

• 3 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Starts off strong and finishes poorly.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I found the whole experience up until occupancy permit to be very good, probably 4.5 stars.
But as soon as I paid that final payment, customer service levels plummeted. My site supervisor was suddenly never able to be contacted and it would take days to receive a call back from somebody in the office.
Now dealing with the quality team is even worse. There is a growing crack in the concrete in front of my house, and apparently Metricon is not liable because I told them I drove a Kanga Loader down the side of my house which is over 5m away from the crack! What is also just ridiculous is that the concrete in question is part of and connected to the driveway which is supposed to be able to support a car that could weigh 2 tonnes.....
The second you pay your money its a totally different service level with Metricon.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dan, we are sorry to read the level of service from our team has not met your expectations. Please allow us to follow up and ensure your concerns are promptly addressed. Kindly email customercar... read more »

So the customercare team just simply can't even follow instructions. Here is a sequence of events since I followed your instructions: 1. I emailed them a snip of my review. And stated "I would pre... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Dan, We understand the concerns raised in Product review and emailed to the Customer Care Team are in regards to the Customer Service that you have experienced after handover and around the cra... read more »

Sydney

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Bordeaux- more like Bordon’t.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

We found the Bordeaux by chance on the intranet and then visited the Melbourne display twice. We narrowed our choice to either the metricon Bordeaux or the Charleston Hampton. We made the wrong choice.
The contract and approval stage was slow and drawn out. Due to metricon delays getting Council approval, the contract date expired and they wanted to charge us $20k extra as the base price had increased- no more work, just because the time expired by a few weeks. We refused and weren’t charged but you have to be prepared to walk away, which I was and should have. The biggest frustration is you deal with different people throughout, there’s not one person that is continuous.
The build started in March 16 and we pushed hard to be in by Christmas which they did and we were ecstatic about the house. We knew that by pushing to be in by Christmas some things would need to be done later and we accepted that.
In feb 17 we were hit with a hail storm. We made our claim and the insurer refused to get the roof fixed because it doesn’t meet Australian standard. The pitch was below 2degrees and ours had pitch of 1-1.5 in several parts according to their report. After many emails, follow up and calls we had a trade come out and they said the roof is fine. After pushing for a signed report stating this fact, we had a senior manager come to the house in jan 18. He got on the roof with a level and said it’s fine, except for where someone must have trodden on it. I said no one had been on the roof except for metricon and his well rehearsed reply was “ well you have an aerial, so he must have done it”. Is the roof so unstable that someone walking on it changes the pitch?. Another example of metricon well rehearsed responses.
During the same visit I raised the fact that we had an ensuite leaking and had now been re-tiled for the second time with grout left all over the new carpet- showing him pictures. He was very indignant and said he’d get on to it to get it fixed. Well it’s now May and the ensuite has just been re-tiled for the third time and we still have no shower screen. The main ensuite has also had the screen removed for the last 6 weeks and was to be be reinstalled by today and I’ve just been told it won’t be as the tiler didn’t finish part of it, who knows when it will be done- I don’t !!
We got 4 bathrooms for a reason, not to have a backup when 2 are out of action!
Other issues include:
- leaking garage roof to the extent the ceiling was about to fall in.
- Crack in the landing of our $10k upgrade staircase.
- All skirtings and architraves going yellow- metricon would not allow us to use mat paint, only high gloss oil base which goes yellow- who’s living in this house us or Metricon?
- Doors squeak ridiculously loud.
- Doors don’t close properly.
- The front door still isn’t sealed so it lets a draft in and shakes.
- The hebel around each of the external sliding doors is cracking.
- Plus other general paint and maintenance issues.
The most recent surprise was the fact we realised we didn’t have an interim occupation certificate- in the rush to move us in prior to Christmas.
The downstairs rear of the house has 3.5m ceilings so we have three steps leading to the kitchen area. The recent house inspection to get an occupation certificate has revealed these steps are too wide and don’t meet Australian standards so they have to be rectified. I can guarantee that the new tiles that were imported from Italy will not match the previous batch. Are metricon going to retire our whole bottom floor? How can a professional builder get the basics wrong- how do they build 3 brick stairs that fail the Australian Standard? We are still waiting on a resolution to this one!
There’s many more details but frankly it’s too frustrating to continually deal with.
Overall, in my opinion, for the price of a Bordeaux you don’t get the quality you’d expect and would be better off with a custom build.
It’s a great looking house and it’s a real shame I’ve had to write this review as I would have preferred to refer people to metricon. All I want is what I paid for, to the quality you would expect for a $1m+ build or give me my money back and I’ll get someone else to do it.
More updates to follow.
Considering a Bordeaux? Do yourself a favour and Bordon’t!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Reaj, We are sorry to read of the issues in your home and would like to help ensure our team is addressing these items accordingly. Kindly send us an email with reference to your contract numbe... read more »

Contract [Number Removed].

Metricon Official

Hi Reaj, thank you for providing this information. We have located your file and will raise your concerns with the relevant management team. A response will be provided as soon as further feedbac... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Good start turned into worst experience due to incompetent customer support coordinator

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

My journey with Metricon started on a high in May 2017 as my sales consultant was as good as it gets. After finalizing the initial contract I was allocated a customer service coordinator who was in charge of my build and my only contact person and that's where my experience started getting sour.

1. When ever I asked my customer service coordinator for any changes which I was entitled to before signing the main contract, I always received a negative answer that it can't be done or it is not possible (it happened twice) and ultimately I had to go back to my initial sales consultant who miraculously got things done within a day. This made me question my coordinators work ethic and her attitude towards her clients.

2. I signed the finale contract in Oct 2017 and paid the 5% deposit and the whole reason for doing everything so early was to stay ahead of other builders in my stage as the developers guide lines would not permit similar facades/features near each other.

3. My land title got delayed till March 2018. For the first month after the land was titled I kept on chasing my service coordinator for the progress and I kept on receiving different reasons. Sometimes there were changes which they had to do before submitting it for developers approval and I had these changes included but were taken out by Metricon as they were not needed. Then there was some report which was ordered and nothing could be done before the report comes back. I was told this was the norm.
In the meantime I had other builders (Carlisle, Mimosa) who had already got the developers approval and I was not even close to applying. As my approval submission was delayed and hence I was told to change a few things as they were similar to other applications which were lodged before me. If Metricon were as efficient as other builders then my application would have been one of the first ones.

I had to mention that whilst all this was going my coordinator went on leave for about 10 days and my project was on a stand still.

Right now we are still awaiting for the developers approval (after 2.5 months of land being titled) and the there is still the process of applying for the councils approval. As I write Carlisle and Mimosa have already got there fences up to start the build in my stage.

As I had enough discussion with my coordinator re my delay and she kept on reading me her script re Metricon's process and guidelines.

In the end I requested to speak to her supervisor and also requested her to give me in writing the whole delay after the land titlement.

Guess what she was not able to put me through me supervisor as they were also busy but assured me a call back the same day.

It's been two day since and I still haven't received any call back. I have even tried ringing the supervisor/manger directly but they were also not available.

If I would not have paid 5% deposit I would have happily left Metricon and gone with another builder but now I can't.

It's a shame that my journey with Metricon which started on such a high as the initial sales consultant was so good and is even helping me till now had to come to such a low.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Gili, We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review, and we are so sorry to hear of your recent experience with Metricon. Could you please assist us, by sending us a priva... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Gilli, could you please assist us, by sending us a private message with your full lot address or contract number, so we can assist and escalate this matter further.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care Team

MELBOURNE

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Unhappy experience with terrible leaking issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

We are so disappointed for the experience with Metricon, concerned quality and irresponsible customer service.

Unfortunately, on 26/03/18, the window of our living room (GF) started leaking, and soon spread to the wall and ceiling, then water came down from the LED light which just like a fountain.

It was so sad that we just got the brand new furniture and formally moved in on 24/03/18 (Just 2 Days!). Ceiling, LED light, the plaster wall, sofa and rag all got terribly wet. More importantly, the herringbone european oak flooring were damaged, water permeated to the bottom from the skirting.

All these made us extremely annoying!!!

And even for such an emergency issue, the customer coordinator ([name removed]) initially told me the plumber to be scheduled to come 3 days later which just like a joke. Our home would become a swimming pool.

Anyway, with our insists, she got the plumber to come that night which was appreciated.

Soon after that, we email her to get the trades to come to fix the damage and compensate for the damage.

But it becomes our another nightmare. It has been 6 weeks already from her last email! I recently sent her email for several times, her irresponsible behavior is so disheartened!!!

The other serious issue raised on 20th April, the roof board also leaking from the gap area which made me so frustrated. We email her soon after we found the issue.

But nothing got from her as well.

We have been waited for her final reply for 10 weeks already which is absolutely acceptable!!!

By the way, one star is for the site manager, he is kind and responsible.

I will report the issues to DBDR by this week, and would consider to go VCAT if we still can not get appropriate response soon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ethan1110, We are so sorry to hear of your recent issues in your new home and communication from our Team. We can certainly understand your frustration, and would like to assist by escalating t... read more »

Hi, my contract number is [Contract Number Removed], the address would be [Address Removed]. Please find the relevant information and get back to us ASAP.

Metricon Official

Hi Ethan1110, Thank you for sharing this information with us. We have escalated the matter to the relevant Metricon Manager and they are currently investigating this. We will share an update with ... read more »

Sydney, Australia

• 16 helpful votes
Private message

Poor workmanship and finish, did not complete the maintenance requests.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Poor finish of the whole building. Paint work, flooring, wet area tiling, calking etc.
Uses poor quality window frames- Southern Star band.
Poor communication and customer care after the hand over - ( good communication up until the last bank cheque was paid).
Did not complete the 90 days maintenance request as requested.
Got given a letter of undertaking to replace a cabinet door- never heard from anyone so far despite numerous emails.
Certainly not worth the money spent, I have compared with other contemporary houses built by other builders and also with my previous experience with other builders. I was blindfolded by the fact that they will do a better job because they are big in the business and you pay them more than an average builder but it's proven that I was wrong!
I have had a professional building inspector inspected the building and he commented on some of the work as "untradesman like finish"!.
Whenever I asked something from the supervisor he says "its within the standards" -did not care at all about the finish. (in other words- its good enough to get an occupancy permit)

So in my experience pls do your research and compare the builders. Smaller builders are much better than cooperate level builders as they are trying to gain more market share and keen to offer more.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Far Tracker, We are dissapointed to read that you are unhappy with the quality of the home. We would like to ensure the feedback is raised with the relevant team and would appreciate if you cou... read more »

Hi Far Tracker,
In reference to our last correspondence, we await your contact in order to assist further. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au at your earliest convenience.
Regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

Hi I have emailed you. Its disappointing that I have to go through a product review website to get something resolved.

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Disappointed. Site Team Refuses to Rectify Defects & Non Compliances Identified by Independent Inspe

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

I am now building my home with Metricon. It is under construction .

I have engaged an independent building inspector but Metricon site team has been refusing to follow the independent surveyor’s report. This is the email reply I got from the site team when I sent to them the independent building inspector’s report on frame:

“Thanks for the report. As discussed This report is between you and you inspector. If their are items in the report that we need to rectify then we will but this will not stop us from moving forward. As explained we go by the building surveyors inspections, which is check point.”

There are only 2 defects in the frame inspection report prepared by Metricon’s building surveyor.

However, in the independent building inspection reports, there are 22 types of defects at numerous points, all indicated clearly by referring to Building Code of Australia, Building Regulations and Australian Standards. The defects range from engineering issues, shortcuts in installation to the use of material not complying with regulations.

Metricon sent me the invoice for the frame stage even though they didn’t have the frame approval from Metricon’s own building surveyor. When I replied by saying that I would only pay after receiving approval from Metricon’s building surveyor as stated in the contract, the site coordinator was furious and told me off over the phone.

I understand site works do not always go smoothly and defects do occur. As long as defects and non-compliances are rectified then we can just move on. But the situation now is that I have been told more than once verbally and in writing by th site team that Metricon does not need to address the defects in the independent inspection report because owners paid for the independent inspector, not Metricon, and it is Metricon’s policy to only to respond to their own surveyor’s report.

There have been a number of instances showing the oppressive nature of the site team, One of them is warning me not to send any email because site coordinator would not entertain. At this point of time, I am not ready to share all of these in public because I am already feeling the repercussions. I just hope that all defects will be rectified accordingly before it is too late.

I wrote the first part of the review above after the my frame inspection but eventually couldn’t bring myself to submit it to Product Review, thinking that the situation might get better because my independent inspection company contacted Metricon’s management regarding the non cooperative attitude of the site team. But I was wrong

To my disappointment, at the following pre-plaster inspection, we were told that the piping was not completed (they claimed that it was due to vandalism) and the inspector found out that quite a number of frame defects have not been rectified.

One of the many pending issues is the lintels in a few locations, which does not comply with the minimum requirement of Australian Standards. But the site coordinator still argued with the inspector that Metricon’s engineering team approved it.

Now I’m on the verge of losing confidence with Metricon and have no choice but to spend more money to rearrange for another frame re-inspection and pre-plaster inspection, hoping that the pending issues will have been addressed at the upcoming inspection. I just hope that from now on, the project will be handled more ethically and professionally.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Disappointed, As communicated via email earlier today, we understand your concerns were raised in February and have been addressed by our construction team. If this is in relation to any other ... read more »

Update: I'd like to thank Customer Care for helping. Now almost all items have been addressed and I was told a few will be addressed at later stage.

Metricon Official

Hi Disappointed, Thank you for updating the post, we are very glad to be of assistance to you. Your home is very close to handover and we trust that you will " Love where you Live ". Thank you f... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Terrible Costumer Service and Sales Representative.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

At first we though we are good to build with Metricon. It sounds promising. We supposed to be signing our contract next week. We been through all the changes we want including color scheme and back and fort correspondence -- confusion back and fort too due to the change of Sales Coordinator. Our base price that supposed to be locked for 12 months was increased because the first Sale Consultant left and didnt submit the document to locked it - even if we paid the money to fixed it. Delays due to Sales Rep giving us options of facade that was not fit to our lot or layout that was not compliant to what we already requested and so many times, credit that we supposed to give us due to changing carpet to timber flooring, reduce size of outdoor/dining etc. The supposed to be "fixed site" cost that we signed during the locked price was increased, due to "Slab upgrade due to the existing fill on site that we not counted for the initial fixed site cost estimate". The Standard slab is M but teh fixed site cost supposed to be increased only if Soil Test result to be E or S and need change slab accordingly. Our soil test is H, which is common to Western Suburb areas.
They don't want to give the credit, blaming us for the confusion and correction of the layout that we already requested that didn't reflected on their layouts and wants to charge extra for the site cost before the contract signing when we already got our finances sorted and the Contract price they want us to sign is above our maximum capacity.

We considering to find other builder now. We dont want further stress.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi MitzYao, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have located your file and have escalated the concerns to Management for review. We appreciate your patience during this time of invest... read more »

To avoid further delay and stress to us, we decided not to build with Metricon. I suggest Metricon should look and review your sales and coordination system and Customer service. Seriously, you sho... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi MitzYao, We are disappointed to read of your decision. We understand our internal team is currently processing your cancellation. We wish you the very best in your future build plans MitzYao, I... read more »

north parramatta

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2016

No one can contact with and come and fix the after settlement problems!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Metricon finished to build our house but leave something need to be fix after settle: the stair case and some part of the wall need to be pain again; my upgrading wooden folding door need to be pain and fix (it cost me over $15,000 upgrade the wooden door, it cannot fold to the end). We paid in full and believed them as they promised if we find out any problem need to be fix in the first 3 months after settle, they will send people come and check. Because we are harry to move in and we agree with Metricon that they can send the painter as soon as they can (because if paint the stair case, we can't go upstairs), we leave all the furniture in downstairs and try to contact with Metricon. However, both the project manager and office lady, no one reply our mail, call and message.

Furthermore, we find out one of window in my master room can not be open up because there is a brick in front of it and the brick need to be remove. And two of the windows are very hard to open because the wall on the side of the window is not straight, so when I open the awning window, the side of the window will attaché the outside wall. that is very very bad construction.

Never paid in full if they are not fix all the problems! However, if they keep delay for few weeks and months, customer have to pay the rent or interest for few hundreds a week and Metricon only will pay $39/day for the delay fee that is not worth as well.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your review and your private message today. We understand our Building Support Team Leader has been in contact with you earlier today to discuss these items. As informed, we... read more »

Sydney

• 5 questions
  • 13 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Inspect Metricon's workmanship regularly and carefully yourself and use a building inspector

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

We have a contract for construction of a new house with Metricon in NSW. The house is about 70% complete. In November 2017 an independent building inspector identified many serious defects, some are structural. It was quite fortunate we had organised an extra inspection at this point. Most people would not do this and would be unaware of major defects until the final handover time, if at all. Our experience suggests Metricon’s contractors’ work is not adequately supervised or checked for quality. Metricon seems hurried in moving from one step to the next without checking their contractors workmanship. If any defects are found early on, to keep the job moving Metricon promises they will be fixed later to allow them to issue the next progress payment invoice. It's more likely most customers will only identify defective workmanship just prior to completion in the ’Pre Completion Inspection’, and many others will not notice anything. By this stage, unfortunately, customers are in a vulnerable position, anxious to move in, possibly having nowhere else to live, and their finances stretched. Metricon will promise to fix everything later under warranty and require the customer signs a ’Practical Completion Form’ before they can move in. It seems getting things fixed properly after handover can be very difficult and time consuming. We suggest thinking very carefully about Metricon’s organisational culture and conduct before signing up and, during your build, inspecting their workmanship regularly and carefully - both by yourself, as well as using an independent inspection service.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peter, Thank you for contacting Customer Care. As per acknowledgment email on the 17th January, your matter has been escalated to our management team and our General Manager was in prompt cont... read more »

Dear Metricon, We refute the information you have provided above. It is not correct and looks like PR 'spin'. A meeting was not arranged with your General Manager, Area Building Manager, Executive ... read more »

Hi all PR readers, In addition to posting comments here, we suggest anyone who has also experienced unacceptable conduct from Metricon should report them to the Australian Consumer and Competition ... read more »

Waverton

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2017

Very poor after construction communication and service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

We did a knock down and rebuild with Metricon in North Sydney council area. We've had 3 site managers in total during the build. When specific issues were identified by my private 3rd party building inspector during construction, these issues were notified in writing (with pictures) to the site manager. Each site manager would always say, "oh yes, we already knew about those issues" and proceeded to PROMISE rectification. Of course, alot of these issues would never be rectified and then along comes the next site manager. The next site manager of course would conveniently forget about those previously identified issues and when we pointed them out to him, he would blame the previous site manager for "not handing over" properly. The problem in construction is that, if an issue identified early on during construction is not rectified before the nest stage begins, then that issue can become a nightmare to fix later on down the track. And of course, that "new" site manager would conveniently quit Metricon again within a few months and then we have a new one to deal with. Admin staff at the office is the same. We would have to change our point of contact multiple times. If we identified any issues at all, it would take months and repeated emails from us to follow up. And then when you finally get those tradesmen attending your home to fix the issues, those tradies are completely clueless as to what the issues are. i.e. there is zero communication between the head office/site managers to the tradesmen who are tasked with the job. We knocked down our house in Feb 2016. Didn't get handover until May 2017. Took alot longer than the initial "9 months" as promised by the initial site manager. We would highly recommend engaging an external building inspector when you do your construction. They have picked up multiple construction issues which I would never have noticed. The latest issue is trying to get a final stormwater certificate from Metricon. Issues at the initial inspection were already highlighted by the consultant to Metricon back in August 2017. Well Jan 2018 is almost over and we still don't have the certificate. You find yourself constantly having to double check Metricon's work and constantly having to chase them. With the revolving door of admin staff it gets a bit tiresome.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Michael, We understand our Customer Care team have been in close communications with you recently regarding your above concerns. We acknowledge the required plumbing works were completed in Dece... read more »

Hi. Yes, required repair plumbing works were finally completed in December. That was 4 months AFTER this was highlighted by initial inspection report. And the repair was only completed after alot o... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Bad workmanship and mixed review customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Hi guys,

Please be very careful when selecting Metricon to build your house especially their lackluster customer service and build quality. They do not like to take responsibility for the defects that they have done.

The build quality is around 6/10 but there are quite a few issues that we have noticed when after we moved in.

1) We moved in on February 2017. We were given the 90 days maintenance service to fix things. The list were expired on May and they were supposed to come out after that to fix everything up. However, it's November now and still not everything have been rectified. E.g. Raised carpet, small holes on the ceiling, torn flyscreen, broken kitchen light and etc. All of these were happened prior to handover and they failed to pick this errors up. The building manager then told me to put those items in during our handover day so they could be fixed after 90 days. Since then, I have emailed over and over and over again to the support team which they said they will follow up but it is all obviously an empty promise.

2) Slab overflow (encroachment) - https://imgur.com/a/dBRri Here is a link to some photos to show you how bad the defect and overflow. So, my garage is built on boundary and it looks all good at the beginning. However, when my right hand neighbour has decided to build by excavating to get a retaining wall going, they came to me to notify me about the slab overflow. Apparently, that is considered as an encroachment into my neighbour's land even in the legal term (be it underground footing or not). Therefore, I went and talk to a Metricon building manager, [name removed] who is responsible for my case. What do you know! [Name Removed] called me back and told me that is a common practice and it's the neighbour's reponsibility to fix my encroachment? I was like what?!! I don't think it is my neighbour or my responsibility to rectify this since I have paid Metricon to do a good job in accordance to the contract. A building inspector that I have spoken to was saying the same thing as well and he is prepared to write a report about this. Even the building compliance officer at my local district council has called me up to ask Metricon to fix this encroachment. From what I have gathered on concrete slab pouring on boundary, the concrete specialist should have put a metal sheet prior to slab pouring in the first place to prevent this encroachment. Metricon flat out refused to rectify this issue which is a very big fail on their behalf. I am at loss of word.

Initially, I chose to select Metricon to build my home because of all the research and positive feedbacks that i have gotten and gathered. Metricon have even scored 4.3/5 from this site based on thousands of reviews. That equals to 86% out of 100% which is a high distinction in any standard. TWO thing that stick up the most in those positive feedbacks are the building quality AND outstanding customer service even after the built. I really do hope Metricon can live up to that rating and do what is right.

I really just want to live in a quality built house which Metricon has aspired to, apparently.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Edwin C, Thank you for contacting us via Product Review and for bringing this to our attention. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to inves... read more »

Hi Metricon,

Thank for the swift response. I have just emailed you and hope these issues can be rectified ASAP. At the meantime, I will update everyone here too on how it goes soon.

Metricon Official

Hi EdwinC, thank you for your comment. We are in receipt of your email and will ensure your matter is raised immediately with the relevant Management team for further review. We will continue to co... read more »

Penrith

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Improving...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I haven't even started my build process yet but I am so disappointed and frustrated with Metricon's pre construction stage I felt compelled to start my review now. This was especially so after reading the last review about Metricon. There is virtually no communication between the various sections involved in pre construction resulting in variations not being past on. Changes are not reflected in the drawn plans - there are discrepancies between what is written in the variations and what is drawn. The variations are so hard to follow that it's impossible to know whether you've been double charged for things. The latest issue that happened only today is the last straw. There was a variation available that reflected the display home at Kellyville Homeworld. It included the side of the house being pushed out 650mm to make more space in the living, kitchen, pantry and laundry. It also included upgrades to each of these areas. We didn't necessarily want ALL of the upgrades so we asked for the extra room but not all of the upgrades. It worked out to be cheaper doing it that way, the variation was supplied and we signed the contract and proceeded. Well that was back in July. It's now only 12 days before the contract expires, the house is approved, loans finalised ready to go and we get a variation for over $7,000 because this original variation was not costed correctly - THE same variation I was using to determine options!! The package price is actually way cheaper and we would have received lots of upgrades with it! Attached with this variation was a lovely email indicating that I have to sign it in order to proceed. In order words, if you don't sign it, we won't move on. I've sent an email asking to speak to somebody higher up and will update the review with the result.

So my customer service officer and her supervisor have addressed my issues to the point that I am moving forward. I've added another star for them addressing this issue and hopefully as the build progresses I will add more. Watch this space.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Greg, As communicated earlier, we understand our Customer Support Manager has been in contact to assist with your concerns. We are pleased to know that your file is moving forward and we have e... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2013

RUN!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

No one would expect a Metricon home that is 3 years young to have horizontal cracking in the middle of the gyprock wall and be told "that's normal, and cracking in the middle of wall will continue to appear, and is part of home owner maintenance". I have never had this problem with my other 6 homes that I have built with other builders. The workmanship is hit and miss. I like the design of the houses, but unfortunately one does not want to spend over $400,000 to build and then be up for repairs in 3 years time (Metricon are not the cheapest builder). If you want quality, good workmanship and knowledge that if there is an unfortunate problem, it will be fixed (for example a Mercedes car valued at only $100,000 you get 5 years manufacturer warranty and here we spend $400,000 and after 3 years, we get "please go away") use another builder, I will be.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Debra, We are disappointed to read you are not happy and hope you will allow us the opportunity to investigate your concerns further. If you could please email our Customer Care team via custom... read more »

Thank you for your response, and I have already sent numerous emails off to your different teams, and the same comment comes back "that's normal, & cracking in the middle of the wall will continue ... read more »

Metricon Official

Good afternoon Debra, thank you for your comment. Our Customer Care team is in receipt of your email, we thank you for forwarding this through. Our team will escalate your concerns to the relevant ... read more »

Adelaide

• 3 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Very ordinary quality and terrible customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

I have built my house recently with Metricon. Based on what I had heard, I was so happy at the beginning, to choose them. But, everything turned in a wrong direction.
Very irrespective, impolite and unprofessional team, from sales to maintenance. Poor customer service.
Terrible management system.
I just want to share my experience with you.
I am so disappointed and won't recommend them to anyone.
I'll explain in detail what they did to me, in few posts soon.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sam, we refer to our last communication to you on 20th & 27th of September 2017. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to assist and request that you contact us via email to customercare@met... read more »

I'll show you that your system in not willing to solve the issues. This is the contract no.672628.

Metricon Official

Hi Nadar, Thank you for your response. We have forwarded your matter to the relevant management team for review. Once further feedback is received, Metricon will provide a response to you. Thank y... read more »

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Disappointing with entire process

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

From the start, our sales consultant failed to reveal to us that the facade we choose had a pillar in the middle of the garage, not practical at all. We managed to change the facade later but had to pay quite a big cost for the change. Our customer service consultant was not very nice and we felt didn't have our best interest either. Then later we found out there was a discrepancy with the material used for our facade, they used cladding instead of timber and we were asked again to pay extra for a change in colour when both parties were at fault. We were disappointed with the process and wouldn't recommend anyone to choose metricon.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lisa, As per our communication to you on 22nd September, we would like to help ensure your concerns are being addressed accordingly. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au at your earliest c... read more »

Hi Lisa,
In reference to our last correspondence to you. If we can be of further assistance, kindly contact our team on the email address provided.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

A lot of mistakes. You have to do a lot of proof reading before sign anything.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We build $700k house with metricon. They have a lot of mistakes.

During the colour selection, we did choose "replica" as our skirting. For the first colour schedule is correct but the final one it change to something else by metricon staff. We didn't request it however because we could not found out before we sign it, finally we have to accept the mistake skirting and pay extra to ask other builder to replace it.

The contract name at the beginning is under my name & my wife name. We did ask to change to under my name only however the final result is some document change to my wife name and some still under my name & my wife name. This cause me hard to explain to my finance broker.

Price is not detail enough such as carpet will not mention how much /m2, and total how many carpet used in the house. All you get is the total price. So you never know they count you much or less?
one of my Wet area, they did put carpet there. We ask them to change back to tile and pay for the tile but we cannot get back the carpet money. The reason is they didn't count that part carpet before but the problem is you can see there is carpet in the drawing. I think this is so funny. If they never count the carpet in the job, why they will put it in the drawing.

I have spent nearly 2 weeks to deal with the kitchen mistake and a lot of mistakes is careless.

I have build 3 houses before, burbank, PD & carlislehomes. But this is the most tired one and you need to very be careful!!

BTW my second Customer Support Co-ordinator is extremely helpful. I have to say thanks to her.

January 21st 2018 Update: Just move in the house. 38degree but cooler half house not work.5 toilets no toilet can use.flush to

I did pay $710k to metricon to build this house. before i move in the house. i pay $ for inspector to check house. they told me the foundation got crack. that will cause my house will have more crack in the future. and i move in 3 weeks. ground floor start got some small crack.
before i sign the settlement. I find out a lot of overpaint on window. site manager ask me to settle first and after that he will send someone to fix it. but now already 2 months past. still not fix. and site manager disappear. you cannot contact him anymore.
38 degree but half house cooler not working. 5 toilet no toilet can use. if I flush any toilet, water will come out from shower drain and got a bad smell.
all front window cannot close/ open and some door on upper lever cannot close i guess because of the house foundation.
poor painting skill!! My one is designer range. all timber window got over paint. you can see a lot of paint mark on any window, and some of them is on flyscreen that you cannot clean it. that is totally different to what you see in display house.
Flyscreen not install properly, there is a bit cap between window & flyscreen. insect can come in during night time.
I did log in the warranty item. but metricon keep delete it after few days. and I put it again and they delete all again. and now the Warranty Site Manager is display "NOT YET ALLOCATED" phone "N/A". So you cannot contact anyone for warranty. and they will not do any warranty!!!
Plumping is Urgent waranty item, but My kitchen sink is leaking and bathroom is block but i have wait for few days, Noone contact me.
I did keep all the record, if anyone want to know more, I dont mind to share this bad experience with you.
I did build 3 house with Volume Builder in melbourne. this is the most expense and the worst experience so far.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lin, As communicated to you yesterday, we would like the opportunity to help ensure your concerns are addressed. Kindly contact customercare@metricon.com.au with your job reference number for u... read more »

Hi Lin,
We are writing in relation to our last correspondence to you. If there is anything we can still assist with, please contact us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au.
Regards,

Diggers Rest, VIC

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Extreme disappointment

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

We have given the landtitle to Metricon on 9 May 2017 and nearly 3 months now, they still haven't break ground pointing the blame to our Developer, St Genevieve. They only arranged for our plans to comply with our Developer after receiving our landttitle saying they could not do this without it while in fact we know for sure that 2 other neighbors of ours secured this well ahead of the landtitle release! And while our neighbors house build managed to start in May itself, well done Carlisle and Simmonds, we are still sitting with ordering of materials for our build. Metricon crashed our hopes of being in our new home for Christmas. Extremely disappointed. They take you for a fool by giving you reasons that it's your Developers that caused the delay and that the Council for building permit didn't help as well. But clearly if others did it, where does the problem lies then? If only we could exit this contract, we would have done so. Extremely disappointed and we are only talking about pre-build process! Would not recommend Metricon at all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Maagma, We are sorry to read you are unhappy with the pre-build process. We would like to help follow up on the status of your file and ensure that our team is doing everything we can to move f... read more »

Dear Maagma,
We refer to our last correspondence to you. If we can be of further assistance please kindly contact customercare@metricon.com.au with your build details for us to assist.
We await your contact.
Metricon Customer Care

Help follow-up? This will not solve where we are now.

MELBOURNE

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Deceitful, Poorly managed, Amateurs

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I would consider my situation a typical build with no major hiccups. Generally not a fussy person but i leave it up to you to judge. However, how Metricon conducts business is an absolute shocker. Put it simply, they are not a builder, but just subcontracting most of the work out to contractors with wide fluctuating skills and workmanship. Credit where credit's due, initial sales support was top notch but it went downhill from there, with many many inept & untrained people throughout the process.

- Started off with Studio M where they tried to charge higher prices on items already on contract, blaming it on "new pricing" and oversight.
- Whole studio M was about upselling, recommending items which later don't fit, incompatible with one another, phased out my supplier, color variations. What you see at studio M is not what you get. Workmanship is based on pure luck...just so you know.
- New inexperienced staff handling my paperwork and fluff ups with home orientation and plans between departments. e.g. electricals may have one plan, interiors another. oversight?
- Requested items appear on one version of paperwork and disappear on another later. Yeap oversight?
- Deceitful site manager who falsely reported progress, resulting in finance triggering payment early. I live 10 minutes from the site and regularly drive down to have a look. My 90% payment was triggered end of March 2017 and when i questioned why its reached lock up & interior done when the exterior rendering was not up, no fixtures were in, flooring declared in but none could be seen.
- The answer from finance i got was the general "things are not done in sequence, overall 90% done as per contract". It was clear 90% was not done, but error on my part was letting it go hoping the final 10% of works wouldn't take long...well, it's 2nd July now. 3 months for final 10% work & still counting.
- Home inspection in mid June with normal amount of items to be fixed & promised 2 weeks till handover. That didn't happen, blamed on gas works but my driving over to the site showed that it was not the whole story. Many items flagged during inspection were not fixed as yet.
- they've got till sept to finish based on contract, i don't have a case it seems but they're quick to take your money and deliver poorly just doesn't sit well.
- Again error on my part in trusting the site manager to be on top on things but a relook on my contract helped me recall that i had bought fibre, telephone and tv points, and those were not in during inspection. Conveniently forgotten it seems...ahh yes, oversight?
- Shoddy end product blamed on product selection, when its products recommended by Studio M.
- Don't seem to have a practice of do it once & do it right. Work is generally shoddy and having to get contractors back to rework multiple times.

Well, your experience may vary but buyers beware.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi RSIM, As communicated to you earlier today, we have received your concerns and the matter has been escalated. A member of our team will be in contact with you as soon as we receive further feed... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2015

Bad after completion service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

After handover, our rangehood was falling down and we reported to Metricon during the warranty period. They came to "have a look" on numerous occasions but could never fix it and in the end they thought it was the actual product's problem so they asked the manufacturer to come. The manufacturer came to have a look and told us someone from their company will contact us but they never did. Then no one ever asked again and now it's been nearly two years and it is not fixed!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kay, We are sorry to read that you are unhappy with our service. We would like to help ensure that your concerns are being addressed accordingly and would appreciate if you could please send us... read more »

Metricon Official

Good morning Kay, We have yet to receive a response from you, if there is anything we can still assist with please kindly email your build details to customercare@metricon.com.au and reference th... read more »

Metricon Official

Good afternoon Kay, Thank you for your recent contact with Metricon Customer Care. We confirm that a member of our management team will be attending the supplier inspection at the time arranged w... read more »

Pakenham

• 12 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Metricon "Hate where you live"

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Right from the start to the end it was not a good experience, the sales process took too long -about three months-, documenting was OK, the worst was the building process where the house wasn't looked after at all, a number of mistakes made by the tradies that haven't been noticed by the supervisor and if we didn't tell him they wouldn't be fixed, to name a few: wrong porch width size, missing bulkhead and missing access door to the back roof space! Incorrect stain was made by Studio M and Metricon is trying to get away with it, we may go to VCAT. In general the quality of finishing was poor, lots of patchy paint and messy architraves & skirting boards, apparently Metricon doesn't have a proper quality control system and it looks like they chose cheap subcontractors. The service period is no better, they don't care much about major issues like faulty evaporative cooler, when we contacted them during the last heat wave they said it is not urgent and would contact you after the holidays period and till the moment we haven't been contacted! Our advice is Do not build with METRICON.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sam, We have received your feedback and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very disappointed to read that you have had an unpleasant experience with Metricon, please be assure... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Sam, Thank you for your recent contact with Metricon. We understand that a member of our Service and Warranty team is currently in contact with you and making arrangements to address any servi... read more »

I will update you once all items are fixed

1 of 3 pages