Filter By:

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Aug 2018

A mixed bag...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

The sale process was reasonably proactive although we had some moments where we needed to push back and our sales person turned sulky. The documentation process was hell. They have no version or document management system and everything is subcontracted out so having confidence the right work was being done for the site and documents were being used was low. The build process was relatively straightforward although oversight of subcontractors was a bit loose. Our site manager was very calm and helpful and assisted in giving value where he could. We recognised he was caught between the client and the 'machine' of project home building.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi MartineB, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for our readers. We are sorry to read of your experience during Sales and pre-construction stage. This is certainly not the way we ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2007

Not that Bright. Poor window installation. Low visibility.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

I choose Metricon as the display home was nice. What I got was a rubbish dump. It has poor sunlight, it is dark, the windows were not what I choose. It has caused a lot of grief, pain and suffering. On top of that, the community is affected. It is not the standard I expected. It looks awkward in the community. A lot of people are laughing at the look of it. The garage colour is not what I choose. I don't know who choose it? Doesn't matter, I think its because of the brick colour that I requested to change. It caused a lot of unnecessary drama. It ruined my first home experience.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sunny, we are dissapointed to read of your experience and would like to seek further clarification and ensure the home is built as per agreed contract. Kindly send us a private message with your... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Sunny, in reference to our last message to you.
If there is anything we can assist with please contact us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au.

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2014

Big shark, big problem

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I have to say the customer service quality from Metricon is above average. But once you were in the contract with builder, you are not expecting to involve with them after you moved in. Because that means the house is in trouble. Even you will have the final inspection before settlement, some problems are often found after you are living in. From my experience, Metricon hires project manager to handle those house construction projects and those PMs arrange subcontractors to finish each part of the whole house. In our final inspection, some of the doors can not even lock on...Of course when you found the problem, Metricon will fix it with no charge at the point and even after you moved in the first six months. But believe me, you need ask for leave and waiting for someone coming at home. No one will compensate the time you spend anyway. After final inspection and amendment of issues we found during the inspection which were not only a few, we moved into the house. That is not the end of the story. More issues came out after lived in. Some issues were found after six months, therefore, it means you are on your own luck. I live in this house Metricon build in 2014. In there four years, let me list things went wrong. 1. the sound of water drop behind the rangehood when raining, Metricon said it is fine as long as you did not see mold wall or ceiling. 2. some of the doors knob is not working functionally and this part is the worst piece of job of the whole house. And i can not even find new one to replace. the only option left is to save money and redo doors. 3. floor under carpet mustered up so you can feel up when you step on it with wired sounds. I understand that is not avoidable when the floor last for years, but this is the fourth year, and i can even see the curve of those bump up area. 4. the edge of the carpet and stairs with carpet was dangerous with needles with sharp side upfront. I am not sure how it happens but it does hurts when step on. 5. Tile joints of surface floor in the shower room is broken in the second year. Very worried about the water will leak under the surface and even affect the ground floors ceiling. Lucky 2 years after, i did not suffer the pain yet. But every time when i was in the shower, always feel worried about it. 6. Outside lamps were broken with very few use. 7. Solar panel was broken just after the warranty. 8. Centre heater system was broken just after the warranty. (just broken in a week). I can not list all of the issues because my time did not allow me to do.

To sum up, the construction is quick, finished in six months. And problems are heaps. Customer service is good but from a customer aspect, you never want to use it. To be honest, i did not pay too much attention on the construction period and move in a rush. So, my suggestion is to follow the construction step bu step and did as many as inspection during the construction. At least Metricon finished the house instead of ceased in the middle as some small builders did. But the quality is really something they need work hard on it. Good luck, everyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Thomas, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in relation to your building experience. Please be assured this information will be forwarded to management for business improvement p... read more »

Keysborough

• 3 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Great Job needs improvement on a few areas

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

I am writing this review to acknowledge the great work of METRICON customer support coordinator throughout the planning and selection process [name removed] been great with that. [name removed] has been great building supervisor apart from three things i am not happy with was the driveway wasn't done a great job of that i would not recommend driveways by metricon i had surface cracks and the driveway should of been sealed not on the last day of settlement wasn't thrilled with that and the kitchen and powder room cabinet makers did a rough job on that by kitchen Innovations [name removed] did a good job apart from the last 3weeks things should of been done alot quicker then it should not left to the last minute.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jazza, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! We are thrilled to read that service you received from your customer support coordinator throughout your planning and s... read more »

Knoxfield

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Our Family Home.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

Our home was built over 4 months ago. The start of the process was great but unfortunately after the contract was signed, it seemed we just become a number. Our Senior Building Support Co-Ordinator [name removed] did not make contact with us what so ever at the start and when finally did it was only through emails. Very disappointing as we believe in talking with & to our builder as we had done at the start with all the other consultants.
Thank god our Site Manager [name removed] (Super-Star) was not like this at all. He was fantastic with us and answered most if not all of our queries. He made the last stage of the build manageable again just by simple answering our calls/emails/texts in a timely manor. he was frank and honest which is what we like most about [name removed]. We understood the he had taken us on when he didn't;t need to and kept us informed along the way. So for me [name removed] communication skills with us was what really stood out. Cant speak highly enough of [name removed]. He did a fantastic job. Would highly recommend him as a site manager. Thank you [name removed].
Also our experience with [name removed] Senior Customer Support Co-ordinator was fabulous!! again her communication skill s in talking to us as people not just another number. Also I was very pregnant at the time and stressing out about our build and she was soooooo good to me in reassuring me and making sure I was calm during the last stages of my pregnancy! thank you so much [name removed].
On the whole we were very happy with our home just wish the display price and look was no so far off what they call the standard. I think they should have up'd the price of standard and included a lot more. and the display should have only been another $50,000-$70,000 on stop of standard not $100,000- $150,000. very deceptive....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mark, We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. This information will be provided to the business to ensure future improvement processes. It is really good to know tha... read more »

Maidstone

• 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Just satisfied.....

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

We felt like we were left in the dark on a lot of the building process as being new home builders and that things weren't explained in detail to us. The construction of our home is sound but I must say, the majority of the works are left to be desired and were slap stick to the point of having to get windows replaced due to scratches.
[name removed] and [name removed] were always polite and there to answer our questions, which there were a lot of. We feel that Metricon need to reassess some of their contractors.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Brooke, Thanks for your contact. Our team are currently on festive season break and will investigate this further on our return, from 2nd January. In the meantime, please email us (customercare@... read more »

Metricon Official

H Brooke, We are yet to receive further details to identify your build. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon contract number and/or property address, this will ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

What is happening to Metricon's personnel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I am doing a knock down and rebuild in Sydney. The fixed contract was signed in Oct 2016. With the slow process and response of Admin. and Cust. Service, it took 12 months to complete the contract variations and the Construction starts in September 2017.
Not only the Sales person and the customer support coordinator have left, and the Construction Manager has left too. The sad thing was i have not been told but found that out from no response of all the emails I sent to him. And now the site manager is also leaving the company, : (( but he is kind enough to ring me and say good bye.
I am very worry the delay and changing personnel in Metricon would result in delaying the whole project and the quality of construction.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Leo, We are sorry to read of your concerns. We would like to bring this to the attention of the relevant team. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au with your reference number for us to ass... read more »

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Commendable warranty and after sales service but let down by site supervisor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

My home was handed to me on mid January this year. There was however lots of unfinished work and poor works. I should never have given the last installment amount. But i was assured by site manager that all will be completed in no time. There were lots of issues as well which he promised will be fixed but week became months and even after so many calls week in week out it kept dragging. I wrote management as well but got no replied. It was only just resolved end of August thanks to warranty manager who were swift and professional. I should have in contact with him long before so i didn't have to wait that long. Anyway Thank you [name removed] and warranty team.

There are still a blocked air vent because the duct system is built just under the plumbing pipe. And the air conditioning company said they can't do anything on that because the plumbing pipe had crushed the foil. Why couldn't either one (air vent or pipe) be moved on different location during build?

The other issues i have to mention is the roof void. There were empty lunch boxes, leftover concrete pieces, building rubbish and thick layer of dust. It was messy and hard to get in. I don't understand why it wasn't cleaned and rubbish removed before putting the insulation.

Other thing the carpet has nails on all edges. Carpet call was arranged to come and fix but they said it's there to put tension on carpet so they only spent 5 minutes hammering down few and left. When i went to check one of the metricon display home i couldn't find any nails even when i pressed hard.

I also found that i had no termi mesh (termite protection) although i was assured by sales person that all metricon homes are termite protected and they don't compromise on the issue. I wonder how they managed to get occupancy permit. I had to organise a spray at my own expense although they charge nearly 25K on site cost.

Overall they are ok but they are definitely not the mercedes of building industry. They have some professional helpful people and some not so.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi DGM, We are sorry you are unhappy with some elements of the build and would like to help ensure any outstanding concerns you may have are being attended to. Kindly send us an email to customerc... read more »

Hi DGM,
In reference to our last message to you, if we can be of assistance, please contact us directly.
Metricon Customer Care

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Average experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

I am currently very happy in my Merticon home, which was completed in March 2017. However it felt like a long journey which was more stressful than it should have been.
The sales part was quite good, with the sales person being very knowledgable and helpful. Studio appointments were also very good.
However all other persons we dealt with (in the office) had either just started with Merticon or were in the process of leaving. They all provided substandard service which delayed out build.
Before choosing our builder I did alot of research and came to the conclusion that the difference between a good and awful experience was all about the site manager. Therefore it was no surprise to me that the largest disappointment in this experience were the site managers - we had 4 of them throughout our build. Again it seems so many Metricon staff are new or about to leave. Two site managers were very good, one was extremely unprofessional that had issues communicating with women, who delayed our build and I believe did a very bad job at most things he was meant to complete. He refused to show up and give us a site tour until a threatened to stop paying, at which he threatened me back. I was very glad to hear he left (from the new site manager) and our build got back on track. I don't know why Metricon hire such unprofessional team members.
I feel like there were alot of issues with our house not being finished completely, for example I asked for the last site manager to check that the roof was ok and insulation was installed correctly. He never got back to me on this point, and it wasn't until after we moved into the house that we discovered all the insulation was still sitting in bags in the roof.
Overall it was a stressful experience, with many ups and downs, but we are very happy in our new house which i believe is of high quality. We also moved in 9 months after demolition, which is a reasonable turnaround time.
I am very undecided whether would recommend Metricon to another person.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bel, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to read your construction journey did not meet your expectations, although pleased to know your pre-construction ... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Bel, We are yet to receive further details to identify your build. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon contract number and/or property address, this will be... read more »

Thanks but I already provided a copy of my contract. Isn't that enough to verify details.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2016

First home

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Quality of most work completed was A1, painting touch-ups were missed, tiling has been very poorly done, concrete at alfresco is poorly finished around edging, some door handles stick. Supervisor could have been more helpful with information about the build and much quicker to reply. Customer service when organising plans with [Name Removed] could not have been easier for Ellè and myself.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Curtis, Thank you for your feedback. As previously communicated with you, if there is anything we can still assist with please kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au with your contract numbe... read more »

Geelong

• 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2016

A flexible company, but need more quality.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

I had no idea about building a house & all the process from the beginning. I just simply walked into metricon homes in armstrong creek 2015 April. The sales man who looked after me just simply showed me the best option according to my budget. I was very impressed with the 2K deposit start & that is the main reason for me to start my house build with Metricon.
They were very keen on the beginning to get me on board & i did but since the signed up date they were chasing me to get the 5% deposit & it wasn't explained me prior to the signup but i had to step up my voice over them as they recommended me to loan gallery for my financial work but the guy appointed was missing since day two.
Gladly, metricon did understand my position & gave me the time of 5 months to collect the deposit money until the land titled. In that sense, i am over and over thankful to metricon.
The Process : it was very clear & straight forward. [name removed], who was my site manager did talk to me every Wednesday & did update me about whats happening. The process was very quick & i had the keys as fast as they could do.
Just before 3 months of stay, both bathroom locks & few other locks were broken, they were cheap units as hell.
Once i did complain some handyman came & repaired them but not good enough & broke again after 3 months. Some doors are not aligned properly & now not closing as well. after 6 months of stay, the front portico concrete start fading, I'm not sure it's going to crack or something else.

Major mistake done was, they didn't left a space for the drive way edge as a rule of the developer. I had to gone through much to convince the developer that i am not ready to break the driveway as they required. Metricon accepted their mistake but they couldn't do anything without damaging the driveway. Finally after much discussions with the developer, i won & got the permission to keep the driveway as it is.

The biggest mistake i see with metricon is, their staff changes very often, either they vanish or leaving their job, this makes much harder when communicating with them.

Finally, i am happy with what i got but not happy about some of the work done as i mentioned earlier.

PS: Metricon start to respond to my review, but just only one visit to check the faded portico concrete. No solution yet made for any issues & never came back after that.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sonda, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Subsequent to your original review, we understand our team was in communications with you. We are sorry to know that you have not heard fro... read more »

Hi Sonda,
Our team has attempted to contact you. If we can be of further assistance please kindly contact our Service & Warranty team directly, contact details have been left via voicemail for you.
Metricon Customer Care

Hello, Thank you for coming back, i did respond to your team today with photos as well. hope they will receive it by now. Its pity that, this took your attention when we start reviewing at product... read more »

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Ups and Downs with Metricon –floorboards disaster and inconsistent customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We moved into our new home in December 2016. We have 3 young children.

To fully explain the ups and downs of the whole Metricon experience would take a very long time, so I will keep it to our most recent and relevant disappointing experience. Metricon manages to tarnish some good qualities with a lack of empathy and failure to address issues of their own making.

Our new home package included floor tiling to the kitchen, lounge, dining and hallway areas of the home. We upgraded this at a cost of more than $5000.00 to Engineered Timber floating floors. Despite being told by our Site Supervisor at the time, [name removed], that the boards would be installed at the very end of the project, to protect them, they were installed 3 months prior to handover. As such there was further painting and tiling to be completed. The end result of that was glue and paint spilt over the floorboards along the hallway and in other areas. Further top that, the boards were extremely loud to walk on – creaking and cracking. We were advised that this was ‘normal’ and they would improve over time when they ‘settle down’. The new supervisor [name removed] even told us his were the same at home..!

The matter still had not been resolved at our final inspection December, but as the build had already proceeded past the 12 months stated in the contract, and with Christmas imminent, we needed to move in. Living with the boards for 6 months was very interesting. The movement and noise of the floorboards got worse to the point you could not walk in the house at night-time or in the mornings without wincing at who you may be waking up. After much complaining during this period we were told they would lift the boards and then re-lay the SAME boards, this time with glue to prevent the noise. This was unacceptable to us, and after photos and video evidence of the floors and the noise were produced, Metricon and the Flooring Company agreed that new boards would be glued down.

We were then advised this may take 2 days to complete. We asked for an agreement that Metricon would meet our costs if we needed to stay out of the house overnight due to the floors being ripped up right through the living areas and entrance hallways of the house. This was categorically knocked on the head by Metricon, with our previous supervisor, [name removed], even suggesting in an email that Metricon had already been ‘more than generous..?’

When the noisy and stained boards were removed 3 days ago, the workmen – who did a great job – were straight on the phone to us to state that the floor had not been properly prepared and levelled before the boards were first laid (hence the noise and movement), and it needed to be levelled again. We were told that they would be back at 7am the next morning to start laying the new boards.

I then contracted Metricon with this news as we had nowhere to stay. I was referred by [name removed] our new Home Service manager (who has done his best in the circumstances) to call [name removed], our original site supervisor who has apparently been promoted and made the initial decision that we would receive no reimbursement. Despite always having maintained a polite relationship with him, he did not return or my calls or reply to my messages.

It appears Metricon expected the children and us to live in the home with the floors wet and covered in ‘leveller’, and dust everywhere, with the workmen arriving at 7am to continue working in all the living areas.

We have 2 young children that were required to get ready for school in the morning (need I explain what that entails?) and another smaller child still at home. Where were we expected to go at 7am, the local park?
We did not have other accommodation available and therefore had to seek accommodation at a nearby hotel.

We have since received further correspondence from [name removed] that we will not be reimbursed for this overnight accommodation. Add to the financial cost the disruption and the impediment of the situation, and the organisation required – moving all the furniture such as fridges, and packing up to stay away from home. Despite spending upwards of $800,000 with the company Metricon, the Company risks reviews like this when all it would take was some recognition that this situation was not created by us, the customer. After meals and accommodation, we are over $300 out of pocket in expenses that we were not responsible for.

If you are thinking of signing up with Metricon, be aware that with most of their staff, you are a number only. This situation was not at all of our doing, yet we are out of pocket. Why?

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review. We are dissapointed to read that you are not happy and would like the opportunity to review your concerns. Please kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au wi... read more »

Metricon Official

Dear Peter, Thank you for your recent contact with Metricon Customer Care. We thank you for allowing us to review the matter and an official response has been provided to you. We acknowledge t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Good work but not as good as expected

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

The preparation stage was a bit chaos. Both Metricon and the broker (sitting with Metricon) were putting wrong data in all sorts of documents, e.g. wrong name of purchaser, wrong number of the land lot, wrong contact. It wasted a lot time and effect of me to correct all the details with Metricon, broker and bank.

After 4 months, the construction began in March 2016. The communication between me and site manager [name removed] was fine. Most work was done very quickly. But as a first home buyer, I don't really have many ideas what need to check during the building process. At least staffs were friendly, and the building plan was followed, no extra fee. In September, the house was handed over to me. Then the story began....

On the handover day, I found hot water was not available anywhere in the house. It turned out that half of the house had faulty power points, and external hot water unit used one of the faulty power sockets. Metricon sent electrician to fix this immediately but after all this was a bad sign. And things continued...

Uneven kitchen bench joinery, scratches on sliding door glass, faulty network cable point, leaking shower enclosure, cracking door frame, frequently falling mainhole cover...

After almost 6 months, the issues were not all fixed. The good thing is that Metricon acknowledged the issues. The problem seems to be they use unreliable sub-contractors. I may have expected too much from Metricon as they are listed as top 1 builder in OZ. The house overall is OK now, and the remaining issues are not so critical. If I am going to build another house, I would probably still go with Metricon, but will pay more attention on quality control of everything.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dalton, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. As communicated earlier, we have acknowledged and assure that your feedback has been forwarded to the relevant department for consid... read more »

Oh Metricon, if I had the chance to rewrite the review, I would probably rate it 2 star now. Just found a crack of a hand long on the ceiling, in my 6 month old house! Where is the quality I was lo... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Let down after hand over

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

Workmanship and build quality are okay minor blemishes here and there.
Build was well managed throughout the build however after handover.
Customer support throughout was great, fantastic, however on handover I was given the wrong welcome letter and service information letter so the customer code I've been given isn't relative to my house or me for that matter.
Driveway was filthy and covered in mud & dirt & was told "this was clean last week".
I have two gaping big holes in my yard one up the side and one up the back, again was told "these weren't here yesterday".
Hot water pipe was leaking in laundry roof on day of hand over, would think that would be checked before hand over. In the mad rush to get in the roof and mop up the water the plumbers ladders have scratched and marked laundry tiles and the roof in laundry is now damaged and have not received any information on when someone is coming to fix it.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mick, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read you are not happy, please allow us the opportunity to assist. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your contract nu... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Good at start, excellent during construction and poor throughout service log

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

As a first home owner the Building experience overall with metricon was good. But It would have been really a great experience if staff at studio would have been more experience and professional and would have respect our decisions.
At the studio appointments they failed to tell us roof sarking is an optional and we missed to have that as a upgrade.
But [name removed] forced us to pay extra for flat profile roof tiles which we never wanted. Having discussion based upon estate requirements. We Arranged in writing from estate that flat profile roof tiles are not mandatory but [name removed] ignored it completely.
We made a mistake when told her that we had to go overseas and wanted to sign before we go. In the fear of having things getting delayed we had to spend on flat roof tiles. She took advantage over our situation and showed us her lack in up selling skills. She would have pitch in about sarking and we would have happily gone for upgrade.

After signing in, [name removed] was good. She kept us informed via phone calls and emails.
[name removed] was prompt in answering our queries and returning our calls back.
[name removed] was good as a customer support and helpful.

[name removed], our site manager, very professional and highly technical and deliver us a quality home. He never missed his weekly updates with us. He called us very Monday/Tuesday and update us on what's been done and what's getting done in coming week. He had us arranged site visits on short notices. He was good in rectifying any issues that we picked up during our site visits. He looked at every concern that we raised and delivered us good results. We would say that our experience during construction phase was great and Quality that [name removed] delivered is excellent.

Service log had been very rough experience as [name removed] never ever bothered to give us courtesy call or return our call back.
Service log ended on 3 /11/16 and so far no updates from [name removed].
Desperately looking forward to have issues sorted that we raised in service log and expecting a technical briefing (not dictation) on the stuff which is been disqualified. Issue with upgraded items which got damaged by poor workmanship are our main concerns.

We would give 4 stars that only because our construction phase really great with [name removed].

Metricon should consider feedback on their office people seriously as it's not just us we have three houses in a row build with metricon and we two are having similar feedbacks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Prab, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not happy and would like the opportunity to look into your matter to have your items addressed. We have located your file and will... read more »

Hello metricon Your customer service for service log is hopeless. Things only came into action after this product review. Having received email stating that all your items mentioned in yours servic... read more »

Metricon Official

Dear Prab, We appreciate your feedback and dissapointed to read that you have not been happy with our communication. We have escalated your concerns and a member of our team will be in contact wit... read more »

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

The Switch types are not good. Do not go with that in your new home.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Hi all, I just wanted to update the review with one comment - the type of switch buttons put in my house are not really good. 3 of them have stopped working in first 18 months. I don't know which types are they but its new type where you just have to press it (not up and down type). I will strongly advise not to go with those type of switches in house.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Pratik Shah.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read you are not preferable for this type of product and we will ensure your information is passed on to relevant team for consideration.
Kind regards,

• 15 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 52 helpful votes

Sub Contractor Southern Star Windows

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Double glazed windows subcontracted to Southern Star Windows by METRICON have only lasted 7 years before a thick grey fog is between the panes of glass. METRICON do not want to know and Southern Star told me to get in touch with a glazier. Perhaps if they had done that originally we would not have the problem.

It took me 8 years to fix a roof leakage problem with Metricon via a Building Inspector (tiles on wrong) so I reckon I have no chance with this problem. The windows had to be double glazed due to some heating and cooling regulation, not something we had chosen. Just two windows cobbled up.

I think perhaps METRICON homes have a 10 yrs life span before the walls come tumbling down and you have to renovate.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

Not as good as the brand says!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

Hi I am building with Metricon. It took me a long time to get to the contract stage that I almost pulled the pin. Inconsistent information and unreliable quotes. I had to wait really so long for answers relating to quotes queries regarding the plans and products. When they do come back it is always not enough to answer my queries and I have to wait again. So it was not a pleasant experience and was very stressful. I decided to go ahead with Metricon as I had already spent a lot of time with the planing of our new home. They also tried to put in a variation of base price hike of $6400 even though I had signed a fixed price contract. We are at the lock up stage and Metricon had done something to the facade which is not in specs and plans. I am very annoyed and upset and I am hoping they will resolve this facade issue. Otherwise I will have to take it to the consumer affairs. Very unhappy customer. They have also made a change earlier in the frame stage without consulting us. They only raised the variation after we questioned them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Minis, Thank you for responding to customer care. As per our last communication with you, further clarifications around this matter will be provided to you in writing as per your request. We th... read more »

We received the response from Metricon. They have confirmed that we are just a number!!!

Craigieburn

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

Poor Warranty Service. Urgent items not resolved for 5 days.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

The build quality was good. Good site supervisor and well managed build. Build was completed within 4 months.
Very poor post handover customer service. My rolling garage door collapsed. Raised an urgent request with Metricon. It has been 5 days and nobody has reverted. Metricon customer support does not respond to phone calls. Gave me the contact details to garage service provider. I have been chasing them up. Spoke to different individuals on the urgency. No follow up. No returning calls.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Yogi, Thank you for your review. We would like to assist you with following up on your concerns. Can you please contact customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon reference number and pref... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region

Started off on a good note but

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

We have been building with Metricon. Construction began on the 21st May. Everything began on a good note but 32 weeks on and the house is not yet completed and still waiting. There are days on end when there is no work carried out at all! I wish I got an explanation. As of the end of this month we will be out of our current residence. This is disgusting and unprofessional. It seems like there is a problem getting in trades persons. Correspondence has been good but there is no progress. All talk no work. Metricon makes sure and chases up for the stage payments on time but delays completion. Calls have also been made to customer care but the blame is put on the supervisor. It's like playing passing the parcel. This was not what we expected, especially when other Metricon houses are completed in 6 months. Disgusting. Could I please have a genuine explanation. There is no confirmed date given too. Frustrating.

I will keep posting until the issues are resolved and take this up with Fair Trading/Consumer Trial. Please contact me directly for a resolution rather than me sending emails.

Sanford

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sanford, We are very dissapointed to read your feedback and would like to assist you with more clarification around this matter. To help us locate your details, can you please contact customer... read more »

After posting a review, things seem to move on and now Metricon are going to present me the house for inspection this Thursday 25th Feb.Will keep you'll posted about how it goes and what final date Metricon gives us to move in.

1 of 2 pages