Filter By:

Maidstone

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Just satisfied.....

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

We felt like we were left in the dark on a lot of the building process as being new home builders and that things weren't explained in detail to us. The construction of our home is sound but I must say, the majority of the works are left to be desired and were slap stick to the point of having to get windows replaced due to scratches.
[name removed] and [name removed] were always polite and there to answer our questions, which there were a lot of. We feel that Metricon need to reassess some of their contractors.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Brooke, Thanks for your contact. Our team are currently on festive season break and will investigate this further on our return, from 2nd January. In the meantime, please email us (customercare@... read more »

Metricon Official

H Brooke, We are yet to receive further details to identify your build. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon contract number and/or property address, this will ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

What is happening to Metricon's personnel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I am doing a knock down and rebuild in Sydney. The fixed contract was signed in Oct 2016. With the slow process and response of Admin. and Cust. Service, it took 12 months to complete the contract variations and the Construction starts in September 2017.
Not only the Sales person and the customer support coordinator have left, and the Construction Manager has left too. The sad thing was i have not been told but found that out from no response of all the emails I sent to him. And now the site manager is also leaving the company, : (( but he is kind enough to ring me and say good bye.
I am very worry the delay and changing personnel in Metricon would result in delaying the whole project and the quality of construction.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Leo, We are sorry to read of your concerns. We would like to bring this to the attention of the relevant team. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au with your reference number for us to ass... read more »

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Commendable warranty and after sales service but let down by site supervisor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

My home was handed to me on mid January this year. There was however lots of unfinished work and poor works. I should never have given the last installment amount. But i was assured by site manager that all will be completed in no time. There were lots of issues as well which he promised will be fixed but week became months and even after so many calls week in week out it kept dragging. I wrote management as well but got no replied. It was only just resolved end of August thanks to warranty manager who were swift and professional. I should have in contact with him long before so i didn't have to wait that long. Anyway Thank you [name removed] and warranty team.

There are still a blocked air vent because the duct system is built just under the plumbing pipe. And the air conditioning company said they can't do anything on that because the plumbing pipe had crushed the foil. Why couldn't either one (air vent or pipe) be moved on different location during build?

The other issues i have to mention is the roof void. There were empty lunch boxes, leftover concrete pieces, building rubbish and thick layer of dust. It was messy and hard to get in. I don't understand why it wasn't cleaned and rubbish removed before putting the insulation.

Other thing the carpet has nails on all edges. Carpet call was arranged to come and fix but they said it's there to put tension on carpet so they only spent 5 minutes hammering down few and left. When i went to check one of the metricon display home i couldn't find any nails even when i pressed hard.

I also found that i had no termi mesh (termite protection) although i was assured by sales person that all metricon homes are termite protected and they don't compromise on the issue. I wonder how they managed to get occupancy permit. I had to organise a spray at my own expense although they charge nearly 25K on site cost.

Overall they are ok but they are definitely not the mercedes of building industry. They have some professional helpful people and some not so.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi DGM, We are sorry you are unhappy with some elements of the build and would like to help ensure any outstanding concerns you may have are being attended to. Kindly send us an email to customerc... read more »

Hi DGM,
In reference to our last message to you, if we can be of assistance, please contact us directly.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Average experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

I am currently very happy in my Merticon home, which was completed in March 2017. However it felt like a long journey which was more stressful than it should have been.
The sales part was quite good, with the sales person being very knowledgable and helpful. Studio appointments were also very good.
However all other persons we dealt with (in the office) had either just started with Merticon or were in the process of leaving. They all provided substandard service which delayed out build.
Before choosing our builder I did alot of research and came to the conclusion that the difference between a good and awful experience was all about the site manager. Therefore it was no surprise to me that the largest disappointment in this experience were the site managers - we had 4 of them throughout our build. Again it seems so many Metricon staff are new or about to leave. Two site managers were very good, one was extremely unprofessional that had issues communicating with women, who delayed our build and I believe did a very bad job at most things he was meant to complete. He refused to show up and give us a site tour until a threatened to stop paying, at which he threatened me back. I was very glad to hear he left (from the new site manager) and our build got back on track. I don't know why Metricon hire such unprofessional team members.
I feel like there were alot of issues with our house not being finished completely, for example I asked for the last site manager to check that the roof was ok and insulation was installed correctly. He never got back to me on this point, and it wasn't until after we moved into the house that we discovered all the insulation was still sitting in bags in the roof.
Overall it was a stressful experience, with many ups and downs, but we are very happy in our new house which i believe is of high quality. We also moved in 9 months after demolition, which is a reasonable turnaround time.
I am very undecided whether would recommend Metricon to another person.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bel, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to read your construction journey did not meet your expectations, although pleased to know your pre-construction ... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Bel, We are yet to receive further details to identify your build. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon contract number and/or property address, this will be... read more »

Thanks but I already provided a copy of my contract. Isn't that enough to verify details.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2016

First home

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Quality of most work completed was A1, painting touch-ups were missed, tiling has been very poorly done, concrete at alfresco is poorly finished around edging, some door handles stick. Supervisor could have been more helpful with information about the build and much quicker to reply. Customer service when organising plans with [Name Removed] could not have been easier for Ellè and myself.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Curtis, Thank you for your feedback. As previously communicated with you, if there is anything we can still assist with please kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au with your contract numbe... read more »

Geelong

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2016

A flexible company, but need more quality.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

I had no idea about building a house & all the process from the beginning. I just simply walked into metricon homes in armstrong creek 2015 April. The sales man who looked after me just simply showed me the best option according to my budget. I was very impressed with the 2K deposit start & that is the main reason for me to start my house build with Metricon.
They were very keen on the beginning to get me on board & i did but since the signed up date they were chasing me to get the 5% deposit & it wasn't explained me prior to the signup but i had to step up my voice over them as they recommended me to loan gallery for my financial work but the guy appointed was missing since day two.
Gladly, metricon did understand my position & gave me the time of 5 months to collect the deposit money until the land titled. In that sense, i am over and over thankful to metricon.
The Process : it was very clear & straight forward. [name removed], who was my site manager did talk to me every Wednesday & did update me about whats happening. The process was very quick & i had the keys as fast as they could do.
Just before 3 months of stay, both bathroom locks & few other locks were broken, they were cheap units as hell.
Once i did complain some handyman came & repaired them but not good enough & broke again after 3 months. Some doors are not aligned properly & now not closing as well. after 6 months of stay, the front portico concrete start fading, I'm not sure it's going to crack or something else.

Major mistake done was, they didn't left a space for the drive way edge as a rule of the developer. I had to gone through much to convince the developer that i am not ready to break the driveway as they required. Metricon accepted their mistake but they couldn't do anything without damaging the driveway. Finally after much discussions with the developer, i won & got the permission to keep the driveway as it is.

The biggest mistake i see with metricon is, their staff changes very often, either they vanish or leaving their job, this makes much harder when communicating with them.

Finally, i am happy with what i got but not happy about some of the work done as i mentioned earlier.

PS: Metricon start to respond to my review, but just only one visit to check the faded portico concrete. No solution yet made for any issues & never came back after that.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sonda, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Subsequent to your original review, we understand our team was in communications with you. We are sorry to know that you have not heard fro... read more »

Hi Sonda,
Our team has attempted to contact you. If we can be of further assistance please kindly contact our Service & Warranty team directly, contact details have been left via voicemail for you.
Metricon Customer Care

Hello, Thank you for coming back, i did respond to your team today with photos as well. hope they will receive it by now. Its pity that, this took your attention when we start reviewing at product... read more »

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Ups and Downs with Metricon –floorboards disaster and inconsistent customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We moved into our new home in December 2016. We have 3 young children.

To fully explain the ups and downs of the whole Metricon experience would take a very long time, so I will keep it to our most recent and relevant disappointing experience. Metricon manages to tarnish some good qualities with a lack of empathy and failure to address issues of their own making.

Our new home package included floor tiling to the kitchen, lounge, dining and hallway areas of the home. We upgraded this at a cost of more than $5000.00 to Engineered Timber floating floors. Despite being told by our Site Supervisor at the time, [name removed], that the boards would be installed at the very end of the project, to protect them, they were installed 3 months prior to handover. As such there was further painting and tiling to be completed. The end result of that was glue and paint spilt over the floorboards along the hallway and in other areas. Further top that, the boards were extremely loud to walk on – creaking and cracking. We were advised that this was ‘normal’ and they would improve over time when they ‘settle down’. The new supervisor [name removed] even told us his were the same at home..!

The matter still had not been resolved at our final inspection December, but as the build had already proceeded past the 12 months stated in the contract, and with Christmas imminent, we needed to move in. Living with the boards for 6 months was very interesting. The movement and noise of the floorboards got worse to the point you could not walk in the house at night-time or in the mornings without wincing at who you may be waking up. After much complaining during this period we were told they would lift the boards and then re-lay the SAME boards, this time with glue to prevent the noise. This was unacceptable to us, and after photos and video evidence of the floors and the noise were produced, Metricon and the Flooring Company agreed that new boards would be glued down.

We were then advised this may take 2 days to complete. We asked for an agreement that Metricon would meet our costs if we needed to stay out of the house overnight due to the floors being ripped up right through the living areas and entrance hallways of the house. This was categorically knocked on the head by Metricon, with our previous supervisor, [name removed], even suggesting in an email that Metricon had already been ‘more than generous..?’

When the noisy and stained boards were removed 3 days ago, the workmen – who did a great job – were straight on the phone to us to state that the floor had not been properly prepared and levelled before the boards were first laid (hence the noise and movement), and it needed to be levelled again. We were told that they would be back at 7am the next morning to start laying the new boards.

I then contracted Metricon with this news as we had nowhere to stay. I was referred by [name removed] our new Home Service manager (who has done his best in the circumstances) to call [name removed], our original site supervisor who has apparently been promoted and made the initial decision that we would receive no reimbursement. Despite always having maintained a polite relationship with him, he did not return or my calls or reply to my messages.

It appears Metricon expected the children and us to live in the home with the floors wet and covered in ‘leveller’, and dust everywhere, with the workmen arriving at 7am to continue working in all the living areas.

We have 2 young children that were required to get ready for school in the morning (need I explain what that entails?) and another smaller child still at home. Where were we expected to go at 7am, the local park?
We did not have other accommodation available and therefore had to seek accommodation at a nearby hotel.

We have since received further correspondence from [name removed] that we will not be reimbursed for this overnight accommodation. Add to the financial cost the disruption and the impediment of the situation, and the organisation required – moving all the furniture such as fridges, and packing up to stay away from home. Despite spending upwards of $800,000 with the company Metricon, the Company risks reviews like this when all it would take was some recognition that this situation was not created by us, the customer. After meals and accommodation, we are over $300 out of pocket in expenses that we were not responsible for.

If you are thinking of signing up with Metricon, be aware that with most of their staff, you are a number only. This situation was not at all of our doing, yet we are out of pocket. Why?

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review. We are dissapointed to read that you are not happy and would like the opportunity to review your concerns. Please kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au wi... read more »

Metricon Official

Dear Peter, Thank you for your recent contact with Metricon Customer Care. We thank you for allowing us to review the matter and an official response has been provided to you. We acknowledge t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Good work but not as good as expected

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

The preparation stage was a bit chaos. Both Metricon and the broker (sitting with Metricon) were putting wrong data in all sorts of documents, e.g. wrong name of purchaser, wrong number of the land lot, wrong contact. It wasted a lot time and effect of me to correct all the details with Metricon, broker and bank.

After 4 months, the construction began in March 2016. The communication between me and site manager [name removed] was fine. Most work was done very quickly. But as a first home buyer, I don't really have many ideas what need to check during the building process. At least staffs were friendly, and the building plan was followed, no extra fee. In September, the house was handed over to me. Then the story began....

On the handover day, I found hot water was not available anywhere in the house. It turned out that half of the house had faulty power points, and external hot water unit used one of the faulty power sockets. Metricon sent electrician to fix this immediately but after all this was a bad sign. And things continued...

Uneven kitchen bench joinery, scratches on sliding door glass, faulty network cable point, leaking shower enclosure, cracking door frame, frequently falling mainhole cover...

After almost 6 months, the issues were not all fixed. The good thing is that Metricon acknowledged the issues. The problem seems to be they use unreliable sub-contractors. I may have expected too much from Metricon as they are listed as top 1 builder in OZ. The house overall is OK now, and the remaining issues are not so critical. If I am going to build another house, I would probably still go with Metricon, but will pay more attention on quality control of everything.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dalton, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. As communicated earlier, we have acknowledged and assure that your feedback has been forwarded to the relevant department for consid... read more »

Oh Metricon, if I had the chance to rewrite the review, I would probably rate it 2 star now. Just found a crack of a hand long on the ceiling, in my 6 month old house! Where is the quality I was lo... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Let down after hand over

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

Workmanship and build quality are okay minor blemishes here and there.
Build was well managed throughout the build however after handover.
Customer support throughout was great, fantastic, however on handover I was given the wrong welcome letter and service information letter so the customer code I've been given isn't relative to my house or me for that matter.
Driveway was filthy and covered in mud & dirt & was told "this was clean last week".
I have two gaping big holes in my yard one up the side and one up the back, again was told "these weren't here yesterday".
Hot water pipe was leaking in laundry roof on day of hand over, would think that would be checked before hand over. In the mad rush to get in the roof and mop up the water the plumbers ladders have scratched and marked laundry tiles and the roof in laundry is now damaged and have not received any information on when someone is coming to fix it.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mick, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read you are not happy, please allow us the opportunity to assist. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your contract nu... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Good at start, excellent during construction and poor throughout service log

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

As a first home owner the Building experience overall with metricon was good. But It would have been really a great experience if staff at studio would have been more experience and professional and would have respect our decisions.
At the studio appointments they failed to tell us roof sarking is an optional and we missed to have that as a upgrade.
But [name removed] forced us to pay extra for flat profile roof tiles which we never wanted. Having discussion based upon estate requirements. We Arranged in writing from estate that flat profile roof tiles are not mandatory but [name removed] ignored it completely.
We made a mistake when told her that we had to go overseas and wanted to sign before we go. In the fear of having things getting delayed we had to spend on flat roof tiles. She took advantage over our situation and showed us her lack in up selling skills. She would have pitch in about sarking and we would have happily gone for upgrade.

After signing in, [name removed] was good. She kept us informed via phone calls and emails.
[name removed] was prompt in answering our queries and returning our calls back.
[name removed] was good as a customer support and helpful.

[name removed], our site manager, very professional and highly technical and deliver us a quality home. He never missed his weekly updates with us. He called us very Monday/Tuesday and update us on what's been done and what's getting done in coming week. He had us arranged site visits on short notices. He was good in rectifying any issues that we picked up during our site visits. He looked at every concern that we raised and delivered us good results. We would say that our experience during construction phase was great and Quality that [name removed] delivered is excellent.

Service log had been very rough experience as [name removed] never ever bothered to give us courtesy call or return our call back.
Service log ended on 3 /11/16 and so far no updates from [name removed].
Desperately looking forward to have issues sorted that we raised in service log and expecting a technical briefing (not dictation) on the stuff which is been disqualified. Issue with upgraded items which got damaged by poor workmanship are our main concerns.

We would give 4 stars that only because our construction phase really great with [name removed].

Metricon should consider feedback on their office people seriously as it's not just us we have three houses in a row build with metricon and we two are having similar feedbacks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Prab, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not happy and would like the opportunity to look into your matter to have your items addressed. We have located your file and will... read more »

Hello metricon Your customer service for service log is hopeless. Things only came into action after this product review. Having received email stating that all your items mentioned in yours servic... read more »

Metricon Official

Dear Prab, We appreciate your feedback and dissapointed to read that you have not been happy with our communication. We have escalated your concerns and a member of our team will be in contact wit... read more »

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

The Switch types are not good. Do not go with that in your new home.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Hi all, I just wanted to update the review with one comment - the type of switch buttons put in my house are not really good. 3 of them have stopped working in first 18 months. I don't know which types are they but its new type where you just have to press it (not up and down type). I will strongly advise not to go with those type of switches in house.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Pratik Shah.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read you are not preferable for this type of product and we will ensure your information is passed on to relevant team for consideration.
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

• 15 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 47 helpful votes

Sub Contractor Southern Star Windows

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Double glazed windows subcontracted to Southern Star Windows by METRICON have only lasted 7 years before a thick grey fog is between the panes of glass. METRICON do not want to know and Southern Star told me to get in touch with a glazier. Perhaps if they had done that originally we would not have the problem.

It took me 8 years to fix a roof leakage problem with Metricon via a Building Inspector (tiles on wrong) so I reckon I have no chance with this problem. The windows had to be double glazed due to some heating and cooling regulation, not something we had chosen. Just two windows cobbled up.

I think perhaps METRICON homes have a 10 yrs life span before the walls come tumbling down and you have to renovate.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

Not as good as the brand says!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

Hi I am building with Metricon. It took me a long time to get to the contract stage that I almost pulled the pin. Inconsistent information and unreliable quotes. I had to wait really so long for answers relating to quotes queries regarding the plans and products. When they do come back it is always not enough to answer my queries and I have to wait again. So it was not a pleasant experience and was very stressful. I decided to go ahead with Metricon as I had already spent a lot of time with the planing of our new home. They also tried to put in a variation of base price hike of $6400 even though I had signed a fixed price contract. We are at the lock up stage and Metricon had done something to the facade which is not in specs and plans. I am very annoyed and upset and I am hoping they will resolve this facade issue. Otherwise I will have to take it to the consumer affairs. Very unhappy customer. They have also made a change earlier in the frame stage without consulting us. They only raised the variation after we questioned them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Minis, Thank you for responding to customer care. As per our last communication with you, further clarifications around this matter will be provided to you in writing as per your request. We th... read more »

We received the response from Metricon. They have confirmed that we are just a number!!!

Craigieburn

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

Poor Warranty Service. Urgent items not resolved for 5 days.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

The build quality was good. Good site supervisor and well managed build. Build was completed within 4 months.
Very poor post handover customer service. My rolling garage door collapsed. Raised an urgent request with Metricon. It has been 5 days and nobody has reverted. Metricon customer support does not respond to phone calls. Gave me the contact details to garage service provider. I have been chasing them up. Spoke to different individuals on the urgency. No follow up. No returning calls.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Yogi, Thank you for your review. We would like to assist you with following up on your concerns. Can you please contact customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon reference number and pref... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region

Started off on a good note but

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

We have been building with Metricon. Construction began on the 21st May. Everything began on a good note but 32 weeks on and the house is not yet completed and still waiting. There are days on end when there is no work carried out at all! I wish I got an explanation. As of the end of this month we will be out of our current residence. This is disgusting and unprofessional. It seems like there is a problem getting in trades persons. Correspondence has been good but there is no progress. All talk no work. Metricon makes sure and chases up for the stage payments on time but delays completion. Calls have also been made to customer care but the blame is put on the supervisor. It's like playing passing the parcel. This was not what we expected, especially when other Metricon houses are completed in 6 months. Disgusting. Could I please have a genuine explanation. There is no confirmed date given too. Frustrating.

I will keep posting until the issues are resolved and take this up with Fair Trading/Consumer Trial. Please contact me directly for a resolution rather than me sending emails.

Sanford

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sanford, We are very dissapointed to read your feedback and would like to assist you with more clarification around this matter. To help us locate your details, can you please contact customer... read more »

After posting a review, things seem to move on and now Metricon are going to present me the house for inspection this Thursday 25th Feb.Will keep you'll posted about how it goes and what final date Metricon gives us to move in.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region

Well designed house, but slightly disappointing finish

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2016

The quote and design process was excellent. Metricon was very helpful in tailoring the design for a sloping block.
The build went well, except for a hiatus when the bricklayers were working elsewhere.
The biggest disappointment is the attention to detail in finishing the property. These are the things we see every day - paintwork being the biggest issue. Metricon also failed to inform us of some council conditions, which delayed the return of our council bond.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Phil, We are disappointed to read that the finish of your home has been unsatisfactory and would like to take this opportunity to rectify the issue. Can you please kindly contact us directly vi... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Phil, Thank you for your recent contact with Metricon Customer Care. We are glad to know that our Building Manager has been in contact to discuss the next steps in place to help rectify your co... read more »

I appreciate the follow-up by Metricon. The painters have been here for the last two days and we are now much happier with the paintwork.

• 7 comments

Mixed Bag

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2015

We went with Metricon despite some close friends having great experiences with WISDOM HOMES. Some excellent and not so excellent customer service so far and not yet started to build. As other reviewers have mentioned the pre-construction phases may indeed be logical but very confusing for the buyer and you can lose track of who now is dealing with your build and your relationship with Metricon.
Although studio M people super helpful & professional, we got some incredibly inaccurate pricing and information on what was included for paint and some other items.
Due to delays in getting our land registered (not Metricon's fault) we have had to pay $1000/month to extend our contract but now finally at CDC. However, we are now being told that even if we get plans approved before it needs to be extended again, or a few days after, they still need more money as they are not ready yet.
Wife & I waiting for answer from mgmt on this as we are done and ready to cancel the build and go with WISDOM HOMES who were a close 2nd

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi UKAussi, Thank you for your feedback. We have contacted the Customer Support Manager to assist with rectifying the concerns that you have mentioned in your review. We have been advised that you ... read more »

Thanks, the concerns above were addressed and contracted extended at no cost so we appreciate that, especially as design made changes without telling anyone so we had to go back and change other it... read more »

Metricon Official

Thanks again UKAussi, Your feedback is valuable to us and we will certainly forward this to our management team. We look forward to assisting you through the rest of your building journey and hop... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria

No help with structural guarantee

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2015

I love the house design I built with Metricon, however, now after 10 years, the house is not fairing well there is a lot of cracking throughout the floor, internal walls and even the external brickwork. Even though I spent many extra thousands to have the slab reinforced to stop this. How is it that my neighbours Metricon home is not doing this but mine is, did I get the dodgy workmen? However, the biggest problem that I have is that the internal ceiling is starting to fall in on us with the nail holes now clearly visible and some wardrobe doors unable to be opened. When I last contacted Metricon about this they very kindly sent someone out to inspect the damage, and did agree that this should not be happening, and then proceeded to show us what kind of nails to use to fix the problem. Beware when you build with Metricon, it may all start out well but once your money has been spent and the relationship is well down the track, they want nothing to do with you. Sad situation

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jaye, We are disappointed to read your review and saddened to hear your story. Our homes are covered by a 25 year structural guarantee and we will make ourselves available to inspect and review... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region

Amazing site foreman, if it wasnt for him we wouldn't of got our dream home.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2015

Our Site Foreman was "FANTASTIC" If it wasn't for him and his guidance in our first build we would of been lost. We love our home and couldn't be happier with it. We would only build with Metricon if we had [Name Removed] as our Foreman once again if not we would look at another company or owner build and Hire [Name Removed] to run the build for us, He has now become not only a good friend but a member of our family.

Our site foreman was fantastic and a gentleman who should get more recognition through Metricon. I have just built at Greenhills Beach NSW and other Metricon owners who had [Name Removed] can't say enough good things about the man,we built the Whittaker 45 and the finishes are great, few small issues but resolved right away.

Thank you To our site foreman my wife and I and our boys are very grateful to you. Welcome over anytime.

[Name Removed] get's a 10/10 from us Metricon get a 2.5out 5 stars.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi C4hill78, The sincere appreciation for your site manager is evident, thank you for your kind words. We are sure he will be thrilled to read your thoughts. We are delighted to read that you lo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne

False Advertising & Sweltering in the heat!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2015

I was very happy with the service I received from the site manager, he regularly kept me up to date and also was very informative with the ins & outs of my house. I am unhappy however because all of the pamphlets and the website shows that the front door is a glass door with a wooden frame. The door that was installed on my house is a plain wooden door. Nowhere in the disclaimer of things that aren't included does it state that the door wasn't included (see below)

Photographs on this website may depict fixtures, finishes and features not supplied by HomeSolution by Metricon these items include landscaping - including planter boxes, retaining walls, water features, pergolas, screens and decorative landscaping items such as fencing and outdoor kitchens and barbeques. We also do not supply swimming pools, pool decks, paved driveway and path and fences. Accordingly any prices on this website do not include the supply of any of those items. For detailed home pricing, please talk to a sales consultant.

When I spoke to Metricon on the phone, the door that was described was glazed. I was then later sent my technical specifications that I was told I signed off on and all that it stated was a model. I'm sorry but how am I supposed to know that the model specified in the technical specifications wasn't the door that was in all the paraphernalia? I was told that I had the correct door. I have since emailed back and now have been told that the customer service person that was "looking after me" has now moved departments and has forwarded my enquiry on to someone else.

My other major concern is the fact that I have been in the house for over 60 days and I don't have a working air conditioner. I settled the house without the air conditioning as it wasn't able to be installed in time. I then was coincidentally at home sick one day when there was a knock at the front door. The air conditioning installation men were at my house to install the air conditioner. No phone call to give me a heads up that they were coming. The electrician then came about an hour after them and wired it up but the final piece that needed to be wired was being debated by the electrician over who was responsible for that part so I had to wait another week for the electrician to come back and do the last bit of wiring. He then spent over an hour trying to get it to work and the fan was only working, it wasn't getting cold.

The electrician spoke to my site manager and he called the manufacturer. A man came out a week and a half later on and said that it was switched off at the back and that's why it wasn't working. He never tested it. I wasn't home when he was there, my partner was. When I got home I turned it on and it wasn't cold. I left it running for a while just in case it needed to "kick into gear" and it still wasn't blowing out cold air. I called my site supervisor again and the manufacturer sent out another man. He said that the compressor wasn't working and it was possibly leaking gas. This was before Christmas and I have had to struggle through the 40 degree days we have had. The temperature inside my house hasn't dropped below 25 degree in over a month and Im incredibly unhappy! They came and installed an Elfa (a brand I have never heard of and can't seem to find anything about it on goggle). I also spoke to Metricon about this. I am entitled to an upgrade and am extremely unhappy that I am still suffering! For the money that I was charged for this piece of crap I could have bought a great, well known and reliable air-conditioner from Harvey Norman that would actually work. I either want it replaced by a well known brand and have it upgraded to a bigger unit or I want my money back!!! Not Happy Jan!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Melinda, We are sorry to read you are unhappy, mainly due to your concerns about your front door as well as your air conditioner. We would like the opportunity to look into your matter further.... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Melinda, thank you for talking to us recently and giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. I am pleased we were able to help you. I bet you’re thrilled that your air conditioner is ... read more »

1 of 2 pages

Hi Metricon, we are building a Metricon Liberty in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Peter asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, thank you for your enquiry. We are dissapointed to read of the issues you are experiencing. Please allow us to seek further feedback for you by contacting us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract number or full Lot address. We look forward to your contact.
Metricon Customer Care

Thanks Metricon, As suggested we have contacted your customer service by email last week. So far we have not received their acknowledgement of this mail. Our recent experience has been that Metricon's NSW senior management and customer service team do not acknowledge or return emails, faxes, letters or phone calls. Many other Metricon customers we know of have had this experience. Frustrated about this, we sent an email last week directly to Metricon's Joint CEO asking him to assist Metricon's NSW team resolve their defective works. This email was received by him and was forwarded to Metricon's NSW General Manager, who has since acknowledged the communication and has promised some action involving your Executive Building Manager. We are advised that his role is to 'clean things up' Peter

Hi Metricon, I refer to the earlier question I asked you about the '6 stage quality assurance process' in your marketing communications. Thank you for listing the 5 building stages. Can you please provide some details about how each building stage is thoroughly assessed to assure ultimate quality. What processes does Metricon conduct within the building stages to assure the quality? Also, what is the 6th stage that is mentioned in Metricon's brochure? (In your response you only mention 5 stages?) Can you please provide some details, or direct me to where I can find this specific information. Please help me to understand what this actually means when my home is being built. How is Metricon different to "other builders" regarding quality. Peter

Peter asked on Jan 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, It is good you are keeping the lines of communication open. I am learning a lot from you, and it a good thing that everyone talks and communicates. All the best, sincerely.

Hi Metricon, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards, and there are differences to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are now awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How do you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Can anyone good, honest and reliable builders in the Melbourne area, who specialise in sub-dividing / building medium density houses? Many thanks

Brittany S asked on Jan 11, 2018