Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

DROMANA METRICON

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

The overall process was managed well on site by [name removed]
The quality of home good as assessed by another builder
A few hiccups occurred in the process but Metricon worked through them
Communication with Site Manager Excellent
Communications with Metricon HO difficult
Peninsular trades that Metricon used were very good Focused and friendly
Overall we are very happy

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Our beautiful first house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

So far so good. The whole process was easygoing and well managed by Metricon. The only issue was ' the company did not changed/add a single thing to the contract initially'. However, overall the products, structure, material and the process was good. Getting updates from supervisor through out the construction period was really good. Loving our beautiful house. Thanks everyone.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Single story Metricon home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Mostly positive with Metricon. Build managed very well and kept informed. Workmanship and build quality good. Process from sales through to start through to handover handled very efficiently. Only grumble is with Metricon you can't afford to upgrade all their standard products, and already in 2 weeks my standard loop pile carpet has over 10 pulls in it (not a good quality carpet) and the standard downpipe outside my bedroom drips like chinese water torture and will need fixing. Overall though, good quality workmanship and smooth processes.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lorraine James, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's fantastic to read that your journey with Metricon has been a positive one and that each process was handled efficiently. ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Good but some tips for future customers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I have just moved into my new Metricon home in the Gippsland area. I am mostly happy with the build but as a first time builder, I wish I had been given greater information about the process prior to planning. My only concern is that Metricon is focused on a quick completion date and maintaining their facade rather than prioritising the needs of the customer. I would also advise future customers of Metricon of a few things; for example, I was not asked if I wanted to have lintels over my windows rather than bricks (this is assumed knowledge as lintels come with the base design - but as I said first time builder, such information should be made clear to customers), secondly, also keep notes of what is said to your consultants, as verbal confirmation is not enough - get everything in writing. I am speaking from experience relating to something that was left off my plan, after being discussed with my consultant about its inclusion. Metricon have excellent customer service skills and it is easy to trust them, but for future customers I would not be lead by their performance and charade, keep a note and track of everything. I am happy with my house but I would do things differently given the opportunity.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ally, We value your feedback and will ensure the relevant business units are aware for future business improvements. We are glad to know you are happy with the product delivered and appreciate ... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Fantastic Builder!! Highly Recommend.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Metricon offers a first-class experience when building a home as they are able to provide you with lots of advice from trained staff. The M-Studio experience was awesome as you are able to see first hand what everything will look like in your home. (Highly Recommend). The overall build of the house was done exactly to plan thanks to the site manager Metricon supplied. The communication with the site manager was great and I was able to book an appointment to see the house at any time during the build. My site manager also supplied me with some tips to help improve the overall build of my home. Overall the quality of the home was first class and we were very happy with the finished product.

The only issue we had was during the plans stage when our original plans were changed without Metricon informing us. This was disappointing as it was our facade that was changed and we were not able to fix the problem once the house had been built. Although the facade doesn't look bad, it wasn't what we paid for and I still haven't received an explanation as to why it was changed. To fix this issue there needs to be better communication between the drafting team and the client especially when you are paying $4,500 to have your facade upgraded.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Richard, We are very pleased to read your building experience has been first class and most importantly you are very happy with the quality of your new Metricon home. We will ensure the relevan... read more »

Geelong

• 1 comment
Private message

Good family home totally in love

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Our site manager was fantastic the workmanship was great but family members have commented on how poor the paint is within 2 weeks of moving in the walls are extremely easily marked and won't wash off so we need to be repainted with a quality paint.
No issues during the build process we found after handover a few items needed addressing which site manager handled promptly.
Cost wise final price was the same as stated in contract.
We loved building with ABC ( Metricon ) and would definitely build again with them next time we would check power points to make sure we had enough of them and fans in bathrooms and make sure things we saw in display home are included in the design such as floating shelves in living room that we thought we included but the weren't

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rubijo, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers. We are pleased to read that there were no issues during the building process and that you would definitely build ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jun 2018

[name removed] is a phenomenal project manager, were extremely grateful for all his continuing hardw

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

We had a good start with our new build, some slight hicups with color schemes but overall a good experience. The part that stood out for us most was the build stage and our project manager [name removed]. From the start he made the process a breeze. He was available whenever we needed anything and always took the time to explain things properly. He took care of all site visits from contractors for landscaping and shutters, we didn't even need to be present for it. We cant speak highly enough about him. And more importantly were really happy with our finished product. There was a few minor things we asked to be redone, [name removed] had them fixed the next day. Its stressful enough with a young family, work and dealing with banks but atleast our new build was stress free. We love our new home. Thanks [name removed] and Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jason, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review! Our Site Manager would be so proud to read this and we will ensure this feedback is passed onto them. We are so proud that... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Goals winning

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Metricon has given us a beautiful home. They have helped us along the way and our site manager [Name Remved] was simply the best, he kept us informed on the progress of our home as the home was built. We always felt confident that the workmanship standard was always being meet. I would most certainly build another home with Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Gollo, Thank you so much for writing this kind review! We are so glad our team have helped you along the way of your building journey. It's great that you felt confident in the workmanship an... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Great Build, great sales, poor plans

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Overall the build quality was high, and I am very happy with the final product. The only thing I didn't like was the drawing up of the contract.

The contract that was draw was missing parts that were required for the local area and were discussed during the sales consultations. A extra window that was requested had it's dimensions all wrong.

If I were to do this again, I would make notes of everything no standard about my build, and get the contract checked by a experienced 3rd party to make sure everything is as requested.

I would also keep the notes simply so you know exactly what you asked for, which helps when you realise something is missing, as you know if you even asked for it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ben, Thanks very much for leaving this feedback for our readers. We are disappointed to read that there were a few issues with the contract and we will ensure this feedback is passed on to our M... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Metricon Workflow Manager

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Our first duplex build didn't start so well. The experience took us full circle through the highs and the lows which eventually changed when our Workflow Manager took a personal interest. She went above and beyond the call of duty and her experience, foresight and exceptional customer service made for a smooth transition. Metricon are extremely lucky to have such a valuable employee.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi David, Thanks for leaving this great review for our Workflow Manager. We are disappointed to read that things didn't start out well, and that you had experienced highs and lows. We will ensure t... read more »

First home buyer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

My experience with Metricon has been great, the customer service has been professional. The process from start to finish has been smooth. I've had nothing but wonderful experience all through. Big shout out to the very helpful customer service team and my site manager, [name removed] for making my first home buying experience a enjoyable one. Keep up the good work and thank you once again for taking all the fuss out of my plate and making it a memorable one.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sarom, Firstly, congratulations on buying and building your first home! We are so glad that your first building journey has been a smooth process from start to finish and that your experience h... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jun 2018

House completed but sits unoccupied while

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

A Metricon house was built in quick time. However it has sat unoccupied for three weeks while certificates, etc. were chased up. Currently waiting for rock excavation cost. Rock excavation was done at start of building not at the end. Currently having to move from AirBNB to AirBNB with a fully finished house sitting empty. Can't make final payment because Metricon does not know what it is even after three weeks since last retention plumbing completed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jejemon, Thank you for acknowledging that your home was completed in a quick time frame. Please allow us to assist with your concerns and follow up with the relevant internal team to ensure that... read more »

Hi Jejemon,
We are just following up to confirm whether we can be of assistance and if so please send through your relevant build details to customercare@metricon.com.au.
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great 1st Builders Experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

We have just gotten final approval from the council & are ready to build. [name removed] & [name removed] at Metricon have both been great to us during the process & answered any questions we had & always kept us up to date. The only downside of the service we received was due to us not asking enough questions. Metricon deal with a lot of people on a daily basis so it would be hard to track just exactly everyone knows but they gave us 110% of their efforts.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lauren, thank you for taking the time to leave us this positive feedback. Were so happy to hear that our staff were able to answer the questions you had, and ensuring you were kept informed dur... read more »

Stress Free Process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

The workmanship is good. Hardly found any major issues, but of course, we still have our 90 days grace period to find and report any issues / faults. But overall, we are satisfied with the outcome.
Our site manager has been progressively keeping myself and my husband updated on the status of the build. We were pleased with the communication, but most of all, things were explained clearly.
The only one thing I need to inform is that the Metricon internal communication was missed at the start of the base being built. I previously stressed that I would be informed of the date on the base being built. But due to the holiday season (Jan 2018), no one informed me on the date when the base is built and we have missed informing our eternal independent inspection. I was disappointed with the lack of communication at the start.
Customer Service and support has been good. No issues with respond on email or return calls. All questions were responded in a timely manner.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Elizabeth M, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! It is great to read that you are satisfied with your home and you were kept thoroughly updated during the build. ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Excellent assistance and friendly guidance preparing to build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

We have completed the pre build stage (our build starts this week) which was a stress free process. [name removed], our sales consultant was very professional, knowledgeable and friendly, helping us to choose exactly what we set out to build.
[name removed], our pre- site manager, has helped us through the entire pre construction journey, in regular contact with all the information we needed. [name removed] is also very professional and friendly and very considerate given we live in Victoria but we are building in QLD.

September 6th 2018 Update: Excellent Home Builders

Our home build so far has well and truly exceeded our expectations! We certainly had the belief that it would be a good experience, but right from the very first point of contact, through to where we are now (which is only a few weeks from handover) every stage of the build, and very person we’ve encountered has been exceptional. Metricon have a reputation for being professional and building modern exciting homes, but when you go through the ‘building process’ with Metricon you actually get to understand the reason they have that reputation! They really know what they’re doing! They are very professional and as you progress through the various stages of the build you get to meet all the people that are working with you to make your plans a reality. We can only say “ if you’re thinking of building with Metricon, do it!!” let them do what they do best!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bernadette Loudon, Thank you for this excellent 5 Star Review! It is great to read that your sales consultant was very knowledgeable and friendly to help assist in choosing the right home to sui... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Very happy with the service and knowledge that I was given. after living in in the house from 3 months now a have found some fairly obvious faults in the job however I'm certain these will be rectified in the warranty period. im just writing this because it requests I use a minimum of 60 words. and I still don't have enough words

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our readers! We are pleased to read that you are very happy with the service and knowledge out team provided to you. Please be assured... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: May 2018

Quick Build Fantastic Supervisor!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Our overall experience with Metricon has been good. Selecting a floor plan and locking it in was very exciting! Colour selection day was incredible! So much fun and our consultant(s) were so helpful and easy to work with! They gave great advice and guidance in areas we had no idea about.

Due to delays on the settlement of our land, we had a long waiting period until construction commencement. Over the next 12 months we made quite a few changes and variations to the house. Our customer consultant that was looking after us over this long period was frustrating and difficult to work with at times. A lot of the time when we asked to change something, the answer was "no sorry that cant be done". When we asked why we received the response "because the engineers said so". It just felt like we spent a lot of time fighting to get what we wanted.

The land settled and we finally got a build start date. We were allocated a site supervisor who was relocated at slab stage so we didnt have much contact with him.
Then we were allocated [Name Removed] as site supervisor. I was so thrilled to complete our Metricon journey with him! After having such a long and frustrating battle with our customer consultant who constantly told us "no", [Name Removed] was a breath of fresh air. His communication and updates were spot on. Frequent walk throughs were informative and thorough. Even when we spotted something that wasnt right, no job was too hard to fix. His keen eye even picked up on things we didnt even see. It was clear to see that [Name Removed] is passionate about his job and loves what he does! We could not have asked for a better site supervisor! Thanks [Name Removed]!!!

Overall our build with Metricon has been a positive one.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Celeste, Thank you for this fantastic 4 Star Review! It is great to read that your selection process went smoothly and that you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate your feedback and will pass this o... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Quality result

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We are very grateful we chose Metricon for our build. Our block was a very challenging to say the least and they have managed to not only build a high-quality home but also dealt with the difficult location with great success.
To briefly run through the process. The sales person [name removed] was absolutely outstanding. We had certain requirements to accommodate the family and he was able to make small changes to the original plans and find an alternative layout that worked perfectly for us. We went to 5 other builders during the process and none were able to do the same for us. He made some suggestions for upgrades within our budget that turned out to be spot on in hindsight. It is not always easy to envision the results on paper, but he did an outstanding job of bridging that.
The contract and selection process were well handled but not perfect. Initially the communication from the contract team was not sufficient but after making them aware they really stepped up and did an excellent job all the way through. The selections teams was very capable and made some good suggestions. The only real issue here was that they made an error in pricing our tile selection. It turned out the selection we made was almost triple the price they suggested. Problem being we made the rest of our selections based on that tile selection. In the end we had to scramble to make this work which was a bit of a headache.
Then moving on to the building process. Metricon supported us in some difficult conversations with external contractors involved. Us not being from the building industry would have made it difficult without their support. Our site manager [name removed] did a standout job throughout the project. As you can imagine there were many phone calls and queries and he was patient enough to deal with it all promptly. As with any build your involvement is required to get the desired results and [name removed] and Metricon continued to deliver on requests we had to ensure a good finish. The only slight disappointment we had was with the finish from the painters on the build. It was a bit of a shame that after making such an effort delivering quality that the most visible finish being the paint was not done well. We invited a very good independent building inspector to our final inspection meeting and his feedback really made clear to us what an excellent product Metricon delivered. We have been in our home for just over a month now and we look forward living here for many years. I rarely give 5 stars for any review as there is always room for improvement so the 4 stars from me is usually as good as it gets! Thank you Metricon. I will definitely refer a friend and build with you again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bastiaan Gagiano, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 4 Star Review. We are thrilled that your sales person was able to make adjustments to the original home design to make it more... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Hillside Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Our Site Manager & Pre Site Manager were great the entire build, Pre site manager kept us informed the entire time & no question was to hard to answer for us. Site manager was very helpful through out the build & accommodated changes where needed. Quality build excluding the Kitchen supplier this company really put a downer on the experience of enjoying our new home & have tarnished the Metricon standards you expect to see when visiting these beautiful homes, kitchen supplier pushed the rating down to a 4 would have gone lower but the rest of the home didn't deserve this score Kitchen a 1 house as whole 5.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Vantage 38, Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for our readers! It is great to read that our team was able to keep you thoroughly informed and were always helpful throughou... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Smooth building process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

It's so good knowing that we chose the right builder as we were so anxious if we'd have a construction nightmare story.

In fact, we never had any major issue!
Majority of the success is brought by an outstanding Project Manager - [name removed]
We were always given timely updates and any issues we raise are always addressed immediately.

After moving into our house, the customer support was accomodating but sometimes just needs a bit of chasing up.
Having spent a year in our new home. I don't see any issue with the build quality.
We highly recommend Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Victor, Thank you for taking the time to right this great review for our readers! It is great to know that your Project Manager addressed any concerns immediately and kept you updated throughout... read more »

1 of 11 pages