Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great new house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Building a home with Metricon has been a great experience, at times a little slow, but are happy with the overall outcome. From the original Sales consultant to staff at M Studio and Stratus, though the contract phase and onto the construction team the service has been been great. Our Site Manager regularly contacted us with updates of progress and the activities that were coming up in the following week.
It is easy to see that Metricon strive to get the best out of all trades with the quality of workmanship being of a very high standard which shows that each trade takes pride in their work.
This is our third house build and was by far the easiest build. I would be very happy to recommend Metricon to others.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peter T, We are pleased to read you have had a great experience with Metricon and the service provided from initial sales stage through to construction has been great. It's fantastic to know you... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Glad we chose Metricon!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

The customer service and support of the Metricon team that looked after us, was great! We are thankful for the patience and all the help from the metricon team, throughout the whole journey. Besides a few things we are overall, satisfied with the end result. We would have liked more assistance at the start and as new house builders we were expecting a house similar to the house we were shown at the display village and not realising the numerous upgrades that aren't included. But happy with the team and how the build was managed!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rajitha, Thank you for taking the time to share your Metricon journey. Your feedback will be passed onto our internal team and we are proud to know you were happy with the end result and how the... read more »

• 1 review

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2017

Good but not the best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Good customer service during the pre-construction phase and they also let us use our own electrician during construction phase which helped us out in keeping an eye on tradies on the job to see if they were stuffing around
During construction the Site Manager was a bit lazy in getting to our queries which caused us to have a lot of conversations with Metricon HQ in order to see what we wanted (and paid for) done, this is especially inconvenient when you're also trying to run a business meaning my time was stretched thin and stress levels were high

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Abel, Thank you for your review. We are glad you were happy with the service from our Customer Support Team during the pre-construction stage. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will ensure... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Love my new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

The experience I had with Metricon are good and bad however at the end of the day, the end result is good, I am very happy and loving my new home.
Here I me share my experience on various ups and down I have gone through from start till end.
Sales stage was really good, I give a thumb-up to my sales consultant who have done a great job giving us ideas and advises on various things. Our Sales consultant also supported us throughout our pre-consultant journey which was not part of her job but she tries to help us as much as she can, we really appreciate that, Thanks.
The Pre-construction stage was not good, very annoying and frustrating, I must say. We signed our contract then got told we have to change the design slightly due to certain restriction on our block of land. Metricon have the plan of our block of land right from the beginning, why is this not identified in the first place?! During pre-construction, we had three change-over of Customer Support Co-coordinators, this makes it even more frustrating because the hand over were poor, I have to provide details to the new Co-coordinator so he/she know what I am talking about. The variations are hard to follow, we have to do our own checking to ensure they are correct. There are times we have to ask the manager to check if we get credits for items we taking off the building package, if we didn't ask, I wouldn't get the credit so always ask!
I hope Metricon review their pre-construction process and try to improve it to make it a smoother process for the others who come along.
When construction phase starts, it all happened very quickly with minor hiccup-ups but apart from that I must say it went smoothly. Our site manager addressed all the queries and issues in a timely manner.
During inspection, before keys got hand over, we pin point issues that needed to be address and the turn-around time for those items were fixed in a timing manner. The only thing I would like to say is, it would be great if all items in the house-hold are tested (if not everything, majority of the things) before handing over the keys to us, this would minimize the number of times we get interrupted from people who have to come back to fix/touch-up on various items after the keys got handed over.
Now that we’ve moved into our home, we love living in it! Still have ongoing maintenance that we found as we living there which I guess is normal when they are small item(s) but with big items like sink leakage; toilet blockage, I believe Metricon will have them address a.s.a.p.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mrs So, Thank you for taking the time to share your Metricon experience. We are pleased to know the construction went very smoothly and your Site Manager addressed all your queries in a timely ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

All's good but....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Overall we are happy with the workmanship and we are very excited to be moving in soon. Our only unhappy thing with the house design is the unsightly gutter pipe that run down the front wall pillar. To be fair to Metricon it was in the drawing and we didn't see it.
[name removed] - the site manager is great. He provides weekly update on the progress and his work is ahead of schedule.

On the sales front, we were and still are very happy with [name removed], the sales consultant. He was very patient with all our questions and suggested various options. It made our decision making much easier.

On post sales, after Metricon secured our sales order, it took them 6 months to set up an appointment to do colour selection with Studio M. From there, we were given 3 weeks to sign the building contract. We felt we were not given sufficient time to think through what we wanted. This is our first home here in Melbourne and we don't have any experience in building a house. Metricon was not too accommodating in this area.
On customer service, we are most unhappy with the first Customer Support Co-ordinator assigned to us. She made taunting remarks and kept insisting that we sign the contract while we were still considering some options available to us. We felt this was very unprofessional. Later on, our contract management was passed on to a few Customer Support Co-ordinators. The inconvenience to us was that we have to repeat our choice selection all over again.
However, we would like to express our appreciation to [name removed] who eventually managed our contract. She was great and her wonderful service helped to redeem some pride for Metricon. Many thanks [name removed]!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Maggie, Thank you for your kind review and we are very pleased to know that your Site Manager has been great to you. We also thank you for recognising the service from our sales team and member... read more »

New house review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Our experience with Metricon was great. The process was easy and straight forward.
All staff were there for support plus offered to get assistance.
Special mention to [name removed] and [name removed] from the Ballarat area. Your knowledge and help was much appreciated.
The final product came up perfect and we are overwhelmed being first home owners.
Would highly recommend Metricon to people for future.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jess, Congratulations on building your first home! We are pleased to read your Metricon experience was easy, straight forward and our team provided you with support throughout your journey. We a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Our Humble Home Is A Happy Home !!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Our Metricon site manager, [name removed] had exceptional work ethics. He consistently updated us throughout every step of the construction. His standards of building management in terms of the workmanship is very high and he had addressed all issues in a timely manner. Two months after the key handover, [name removed] still took the time to answer questions with matters I was unfamiliar with. He, along with all of the staff we have dealt with at Metricon are truly the company's assets. Their have a high level of customer service and follow-ups are promptly conducted.

The only minor negative comment I could include was that our ducted heating did not work when it was freezing cold. [Name Removed] assisted with contacting the installer who had attended a couple of days after logging the issue. There are also little cracks on the plasterboard that we noticed a month after moving in. However, through their "My Metricon" site, I was able to let them know what needed to be repaired.

Our humble home is a happy home! Thanks to Metricon and their team of amazing people!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jovz and Vins, Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience building with Metricon! We are so pleased to read your Site Manager had exceptional work ethics and provided ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Wonderful building experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

We recently completed our dream family home with Metricon. They did a fantastic job helping us to plan our home. Right from the very first moment, the team at Metricon went above and beyond to ensure we had a very smooth building experience. The quality of the home is second to none. I would have no hesitation in recommending Metricon to anyone looking to build their dream home. Thank you Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Leah, Thank you for your lovely words and for sharing your building experience with Metricon Homes. To read our team went above and beyond makes us very proud. Thank you for your lovely review ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Metricon Home Build Finished - Happy with the end product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

The building experience was good. Overall the build was done quickly without compromising the quality of the workmanship. The build of our home took less than 5 months to be completed. There were minor issues but our building supervisor [name removed] was quick to arrange rectification for the errors. He was always happy to answer the phone and clear up my concerns.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Cristian, Thank you for taking the time to share your Metricon experience with our readers. It's fantastic to know your home was built in less than 5 months and without compromise to the quality... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

The experience was great but not stress free

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Metricon has built 2 houses for us. There is no doubt that the workmanship and the quality met my expectations. The tiles were laid to perfection. We don't have any issues with the carpet and the timber floor. We had some hiccups with the paint however it was later on fixed.

At the colour selections appointment for the second house, the girl that helped us was very supportive. However for the first house, our consultant seemed to be really impatient. It felt to me that She just wanted to get it done so she could go home, which caused problems that I had to contact my M admin manager so many times to fix. also for the first house, it was our first time building a house. We didn't know what to look for on the plans and what needs to be changed. So we ended up having low doors even we have our high ceiling. It would have been great if Metricon had someone to look at the plans and help us change some measurements when needed.

The building process was not stress free, after we were told that they are going to start building, we went on holiday, knowing everything is ok. Then I was contacted by my site manager that a tree at the back needed to be removed before proceeding when I was in USA. I mean this could really have been mentioned at the admin stage or when they conducted the contour survey and soil test.

I was just so glad everything was finished. The finish of the second house has met nearly all of our requirements. I found the 6 month warranty service very outstanding. They fixed everything we listed and done it well. Thank you very much for that.

Overall, Metricon's houses are great and we love our houses. However the process could have been better. would I build with them again? Yes, because I now know how to work them :).

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lewis C, Thank you for your review. We are glad to read that you have been very happy with the quality of both homes built by Metricon. We certainly do look forward to assisting with your futur... read more »

Bridgeman Downs

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Purchase and build feedback

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Workmanship and build quality is good.

The build was managed initial by [name removed] for a month and then [name removed] was appointed. The communication process regarding the change was delayed. The area manager seemed least bothered about our concern regarding lack of communication. [name removed] managed the build well though. Happy with [name removed]. He was professional and helpful.

Tile that we were shown for upstairs bathroom in the showroom didn't have any specks or stains.
The tile that we verified at the site from the box that was opened didn't have any specks or stains but few tiles that were put in the upstairs bathroom had specks and stains. I suggest Metricon showroom to show large size samples and a variety from the same batch #. Our concern regarding this didn't really matter to the area manager.

The staircase that we picked and paid for had a darker stain (walnut) to match our front door. The staircase that was put in and stained turned out much lighter. We raised our disappointment regarding this and it was brushed aside with the fine print stating that due to nature of the timber the stains could vary. We suggest then show the customers exactly what the variation will be and don't show only one product which it turns out to be quite different.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi ajesh singh, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your Metricon experience. We are pleased to read your site supervisor was professional and helpful, and that you are... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Positive building experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

We chose Metricon because they had a design that suited our block of land. They helped us at the preliminary stage to place the plan on the block, extend the deck and garage and get a rule relaxation through the council. The selection stage I found arduous and worried about the choices I made. The build was steamline and progressed without delay. The end product turned out excellent and we are very happy with our brand new home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi animalliberation, Thank you very much for sharing your positive building experience with our readers. We are extremely pleased to know we had a suitable house design for your block of land and t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent Design and Build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Process of building new home from start to finish was stressful initially, however team at Metricon was experienced and very systematic in providing support at every step. Our initial meeting with Sales consultant [Name Removed] was amazing and he guided us with very initial steps and process involved in the coming months. Our customer representative was [Name Removed] and building supervisor was [Name Removed]. They did a fantastic job and was able to accommodate post contract changes even though it is difficult to change things later in the building stages. [Name Removed] was very helpful right till the end and he made sure we are happy with the build. Metricon team was available to answer any queries at any stage and response time was very prompt. In particular I was very happy with the timeframe and quality of products/material used. The only disappointment was our backyard where I thought communication from Metricon's engineering/site preparation side could have saved us some money after the build. Due the way cut/fill is done due to slope of the land left us with building 15K worth of retaining at the back. Overall it was fantastic experience and we are delighted to have built with Metricon and any day I would recommended them for your dream home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nik, Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your Metricon experience. We are pleased to know our team were accommodating to any changes you made and were prompt in their response. We... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Our first build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Overall, the build process was what we expected from a high volume builder. There were a few problems here and there, but most resolved to my content.

Our initial Sales Consultant [name removed] was fantastic. She came up with some fantastic ideas to help alter a few spots in the house plan to suit our needs. She answered all of our questions and made us feel comfortable with the process. We felt assured that we were getting a product better than the other mass builders.

The Studio M stage was ok. We stupidly signed the contract before even going to Studio to review our options, so found that we were surprised by the cost of additions or upgrades especially with our electrical appointment. Generally they didn't try and up sell to us through the colour selection, as we already had a fair few upgrades included. The process was generally quick as we had a good idea of what we wanted. I was particularly frustrated with the incorrect plans that Studio M had been sent. There were multiple changes that were not included on their copy of the plans. In additon to this, the requested carpet locations were not correctly noted down, so now I have a hallway with carpet installed. When I asked Metricon about the mix up, I was told that it was installed as per the contract. If I can say anything about building with a mass builder, it is to read and re-read... and re-read your contract, variations and plans. They are confusing to someone who has never built before, so to avoid any disappointment, be sure to read them again, as the building happens so fast, you have no time to react/make changes.

Finally the construction itself. Our Site Manager [name removed] was good for the most part. The house was built in a timely manner and any issues I had were generally resolved. When there were issues, I did find that he tried to talk his way out of them, sometimes poorly, however he did deliver a beautiful product. The three issues that frustrated me the most were:

The lack of detail in plans showing the facade. The facade we chose was very busy and unfortunately that means that the picture you see at consultation does not show the finer detail. As a result of the feature corner windows installed, we were not able to have brick above the window. Thankfully [name removed] came up with a few options as I was NOT happy that were were going to have cladding on the facade. I am now VERY happy with the finish to the front of our home.

I was most disappointed with the electrical fit-out. Despite the plans stating that pendant light locations were subject to a consultation with the client, they were installed 'as per standard'. I was frustrated as I had discussed this with [name removed] the month before. The lights and switches were moved and the walls were patched up well, however disappointing regardless.

I am still waiting for windows to be replaced/repaired. Despite being discussed at both walk through and hand over, I still have scratched window panes. There does seem to be some movement on this, however it has been nearly 2 months since handover.

So now to the happy stuff.... We love our new home. The finish is generally great and we are happy we built with Metricon homes.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Maritza C, Congratulations on building your first home! We are pleased to know you are happy with the end result and you love your new home. We are proud to know your sales consultant assisted i... read more »

Love my new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Could not have been given a better site manager working with [name removed] made the build so much less painful, he was always willing to listen to any queries we had and had arranged for any problems to be fixed, some of the trades used we were not overly happy with their work, however [name removed] is making sure that all our little problems are sorted straight away. Customer service with [name removed] has been wonderful we just hope it stays that way now the last cheque has been handed over, if it does i will be one very happy customer. Overall i have a beautiful new home thanks to [name removed] and metricon. Metricon should be glad they have such a great site manager.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Beck, Thank you for taking the time to share your Metricon experience with our readers! We are delighted to read that your site supervisor communicated well through your building journey. We tha... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Very happy with Metricon experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

We were very happy that we decided to build with Metricon. Sales Consultant [name removed] was particularly helpful and ensured that we were able to have the changes to the design that we wanted at a price that suited our budget. We live interstate and [name removed] our site manager at Officer kept us in the loop with weekly phone and email updates and photos. Construction was completed in good time and any problems were quickly sorted out by [name removed] and his team.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JayJay, Thank you for recognising the efforts our staff who has assisted you, we are also very pleased to read that you are happy with the decision to build with Metricon. We appreciate you tak... read more »

11 Ample Ave, Officer

So happy with our Home, Cant wait to Move into it :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

My husband and I are extremely impressed, from the moment we first dealt with our Sales consultant [name removed] who did a fantastic job in showing us the best option for our block, through to the service we received in studio M to the final product being delivered by our site manager. We were are extremely happy with the final product. Our Site manager [name removed] was incredibly easy to deal with, kept me informed of the process the whole way through the building process and attended to any concerns we had immediately. He finished the home in a short time frame which I was very impressed with. Thank you [name removed] and [name removed] for making my build process as easy and smooth as possible. A job well done.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Amira, Thank you for a great review. We are so happy to read that Metricon's service has been fantastic right from the start of your journey. We are confident that you will be happy with the fi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2017

My Dream Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I love Metricon homes!
That's the reason why I chose Metricon for the building of my second home.
My site manager, [name removed]'s service was outstanding and extremely professional in every step of the building process. I was very lucky to have him as a site manger. Also much appreciation to [name removed];Building Support Co-ordiantor, and [name removed]; Customer Relationship Adviser for their assistance.

However i was disappointed with the experience I had at the Studio M. Metricon should appoint more experienced staff at the Studio.
For example: I pointed out a specific cabinet handle, but the staff incorrectly wrote down the wrong code number. This was a great loss for me, as it turned out to be the handles which i disliked the most. It could've been avoided if Metricon provided images of accessories in the colour selection documentation. The staff was pushing me to finish the colour selection quickly.

Again, due to the drafting error, I lost space in one of my bedroom, and the size of three windows. This could have been avoided...

Dear future Metricon customers, please check again and again each accessories before you sign any paper works.
Overall, I am satisfied with the end product.

I Love Metricon Homes

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Molly, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your Metricon experience. We are proud to read that your Site Supervisor provided you with outstanding service and was professional th... read more »

House build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

The workmanship is excellent, the build was managed very well and our site supervisor was amazing to deal with. Great communication from the site supervisor, very helpful and informative and also obviously very skilled. He made our experience easy and stress free. Only complaint would be communication from the office/admin could have been better, we provided proof of finance but were told on the day we were meant to start on site we needed to prove 100% finance including the loan amount AND money we were contributing to the build (10%). This should be clearly requested/specified long before the site start date as it then delayed our build.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Carmen, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we thank you very much for choosing Metricon to build your dream home! To read the workmanship was excellent certainly makes us v... read more »

• 1 review

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2017

KDR Metricon Hampshire in QLD

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

We found the build process with Metricon pretty much what we would expect from a volume builder. There was hiccups here and there, but as long as you're realistic and expect to encounter problems I think you'll be fine.

Our initial Sales Consultant was fantastic. He was super accommodating and helpful. Answered any questions and queries we had and made us feel comfortable with the process.

Next stage was Administration, this wasn't so pleasant. We found the person that looked after our file just treated us like a number. Was lazy and never went the extra mile to try full fill any requests we had. Generally just responded that things were not possible even when they were just because they were too lazy to do the paperwork.

Finally the construction itself. Our Site Manager was great. House was all built in a timely manner, and any issues I had was generally resolved. He was quite flexible to any special requests I had, so this was a giant plus!

You can find my build thread on the home one forum ->

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi dulie, thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our readers! We are so delighted to read your home was built in a timely manner and would love to pass on y... read more »

1 of 9 pages

Hi Metricon, we are building a Metricon Liberty in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Peter asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, thank you for your enquiry. We are dissapointed to read of the issues you are experiencing. Please allow us to seek further feedback for you by contacting us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract number or full Lot address. We look forward to your contact.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Thanks Metricon, As suggested we have contacted your customer service by email last week. So far we have not received their acknowledgement of this mail. Our recent experience has been that Metricon's NSW senior management and customer service team do not acknowledge or return emails, faxes, letters or phone calls. Many other Metricon customers we know of have had this experience. Frustrated about this, we sent an email last week directly to Metricon's Joint CEO asking him to assist Metricon's NSW team resolve their defective works. This email was received by him and was forwarded to Metricon's NSW General Manager, who has since acknowledged the communication and has promised some action involving your Executive Building Manager. We are advised that his role is to 'clean things up' Peter

Hi Metricon, I refer to the earlier question I asked you about the '6 stage quality assurance process' in your marketing communications. Thank you for listing the 5 building stages. Can you please provide some details about how each building stage is thoroughly assessed to assure ultimate quality. What processes does Metricon conduct within the building stages to assure the quality? Also, what is the 6th stage that is mentioned in Metricon's brochure? (In your response you only mention 5 stages?) Can you please provide some details, or direct me to where I can find this specific information. Please help me to understand what this actually means when my home is being built. How is Metricon different to "other builders" regarding quality. Peter

Peter asked on Jan 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, It is good you are keeping the lines of communication open. I am learning a lot from you, and it a good thing that everyone talks and communicates. All the best, sincerely.

Hi Metricon, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards, and there are differences to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are now awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How do you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Can anyone good, honest and reliable builders in the Melbourne area, who specialise in sub-dividing / building medium density houses? Many thanks

Brittany S asked on Jan 11, 2018