Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Can't wait to the handover date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

The pre-construction was quite slow, took us 14 months from 1st sales discussion to construction start:
Initial deposit was on Dec 2016
Contract signed in May 2017
DA lodged to Council end of Jun 2017
DA approval 30th Nov 2017: a painful 4 month waiting. For some reasons Metricon did not provide the required documents to Council on time and caused a lengthy delay for our approval and we had to pay for the contract extension (2 months) even the delay was not our fault.

Construction formally started mid Feb 2018, from here onward it was quite smooth. We are happy with [name removed] (our SS). He provided regular updates, being courteous, responsive when answered calls and replied emails we asked.
4 and half months it took to get to payment of Fixing Invoice (end of June 2018).

Construction is still on going. We are waiting for handover date (possibly end of this month Oct 2018) but so far the house look great.

Not completely satisfied with Metricon but the SS saves the day, so a big thank to our SS and 5 stars to you.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Excellent home and experience

Hi,
I am just writing to let you know about my experience with the build of my home at lot 161 Bellavista Drv Wollert
Build was managed to a excellent standard and [name removed] was very helpful with phone inquiries and [name removed] was always there and called every week with updates.
I was very happy with workmanship throughout the build and quality
All was done to a great standard and my wife was very impressed with the end result
Final cost was to expectation.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Metricon... Thank you [name removed].

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

When my wife and I decided to go with Metricon to build our dream, I needed confidence in my site supervisor, ([name removed]). That is what I got, confidence. His detail to perfection was immense and we only had one onsite visit and the construction was way ahead of schedule. But wait there is more..
Construction wise we were happy and excited at the prospect of moving in to the house as soon as June 2018...
Our issues were not with the building, more so the customer service side of things and my countless amounts of emails with the same responses. Handover of keys became a issue until all things were resolved. The responses I kept getting were “your home was built and appliances were installed correctly.” The countless amount of variations we signed was a joke, especially when we signed the same thing over and over but model numbers were changed without being notified. I can’t praise [name removed] highly enough for his patience and belief in my dilemma, and Metricon homes should recognise his ability to get the job done, he is a real asset.
I can go on and on but don’t need to and hopefully we can move in soon .(October / November 2018). Just a note, my 5 star rating is for our site supervisor...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

As an investor I am constantly building and have used Abc Homes/Metricon homes for the 3rd time in the year.

Pro's
* Professional manner in which [name removed] and [name removed] keep clients up to date.

* Great quality outcome of the house.

* calls every week from both to update on stages and progress.

* respecting and attending to straight away any issues or concerns.

For [name removed] and [name removed] have loved the teamwork and provide 5 star for their service and customer service.

Thank you [name removed] and [name removed] for everything.

Con's.
* Will I build with. ABC homes/ Metricon homes?
Most likely NO.

* After sales deposit and signing off the paperwork they took forever to get contracts ready.

* unnecessary hassling of providing documents time and time again. Provided False information prior to site start.

* Deposited in January but didnt get started till months and months later.

* no one in office prior to site gives a damn.

* Gave another project to Metricon provided everything to start in April when the block settled but they took 6 to 8 weeks after settlement to do contract and then start. It started pretty much in September.

Overall Metricon is bad prior to going to site. No respect for clients time and funds. People are paying mortgages once land settles. Would be nice if they respected that.

Also if clients have provided deposits it would be a great achievement if Metricon put temp fencing up straight away to avoid illegally dumped material.

Overall office staff need to learn some respect. Its ppl like us that keep them in business yet treat us on a thread.

* office start need to start getting practical.
Stop asking for documents like 100 times. Clients will get upset.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rovinder Kaur, Thank you or taking the time to write this review for our readers. We are pleased to read that our teams provided you with great service during your construction with ABC homes... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Job Well Done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Our new home is close to completion by Metricon and I would just like to know who could I contact to express how gratefully we are with [name removed]
He has been excellent in how he has carried out work on behalf of Metricon
[name removed] has been onto everything and always with a no fuss attitude
Lyn & I could not be happier with the result and standard of finishes in our home due to Adams eye for detail , we look forward to settlement in a couple of weeks
Thank you for all your efforts leading up to the build as we had no surprises along the way due to the time you took explaining the detail of the contract
We would be more than happy to recommend Metricon to anyone thinking of building a new home

NARRE WARREN SOUTH

Private message

The bee's knees. The cat's pajamas. Simply an amazing experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Building with Metricon has been amazing from start to finish. My parents built with Metricon circa 16 years ago and had an awesome experience. So when it came time to choosing my first home, Metricon was always at the forefront of potential builders.

I cannot fault the entire process. [name removed], my consultant, was amazing from start to finish. Clearly explaining everything in detail and ensuring that I was comfortable rather than being overly pushy.
[name removed], in the back end has been amazing also, very quick to respond to emails and attentive.
But the real MVP is [name removed], my site manager. He never failed to give me a weekly update (even when I was on holiday) and was completely and utterly accommodating - including stopping by the house to open it up for me on occasions before his kid's sports etc. No request was too much to ask and he has been both extremely efficient and fair. The thing I was impressed with the most was the speed of the whole build. The entire process, from start to finish, took a little over 3 months! It is amazing what can be achieved when someone who is completely on the ball is looking after what is the most significant purchase of my life so far.

I cannot thank the Metricon team enough.

Great and service. Site manager Tim was great. 9/10 service. Looking forward to next home / invest

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

From our first contact with Rix from Metricon the planning and input from Metricon Staff was great, House build quickly and without delay. Good communication with site manager who addressed all concerns promptly and friendly. Great service. House built very well. Some small issues but as house is over 40 m2 no dramas. Bathrooms and kitchen fantastic. Render done well. Cost of house very cheap - $360000 with a heap of upgrades so really happy.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dickman, Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic 5-star review! It sounds like our teams have provided you with great service from the start of your Metricon journey all the... read more »

Yes definitely will look at using Metricon for our next investment. House is great.

Metricon Official

Thanks Dickman! So glad to hear your house is great :D - Enjoy!!

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Timely and efficient!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Our sales and pre-construction phase with Metricon was fantastic! They have been timely and efficient and have been great with communication. Our Sales rep [name removed] and our CSC [name removed] have been wonderful every step of the way!

We have now been handed over to construction and within 1 business day have already spoken to our site supervisor and have had a portaloo delivered to site! Our site supervisor [name removed] sounds very organised and efficient thus far!

Hope the great work continues throughout the rest of our Metricon Build journey!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Absolutely Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

We could not be happier with [name removed] our building supervisor and [name removed] our customer service representative. What a team these two make, having people like these working for you shows why Metricon has grown the way they have. Such amazing customer service from the both of them and [name removed] attention to detail is fantastic. He keeps us up to date every week with a phone call not just an email and when talking with him it's like talking to a mate rather then a building supervisor. [name removed] has also helped guide us with the build as we have no idea and he has helped us understand everything. He has also responses so quickly with any questions or requests we have and when we found that he had been provided with an old set of electrical plans he had everything fixed before we knew it. [name removed] has been so professional throughout the build so far and we highly recommend him as a building manager/supervisor.

Then there is [name removed] ([name removed]), What an absolute pleasure to deal with. Her customer service is second to none. She calls/emails regularly and is always on top of what is happening. We have made a few changes or found minor issues throughout the build and nothing is to much trouble for [name removed].

[name removed] is making the building process so easy for us and we are so grateful to have someone like [name removed] looking after us. We have found that [name removed] is quite regularly working on Sunday's (on her day off) as we will send email's over the weekend and we get a response when completely unexpected or necessary and she always has or comes back to us with a solution or answer to what we are after. We found that we were missing a whirley bird from our build which was not on the plans that [name removed] had but was in our contract, without any issues at all we told [name removed] about it and herself and [name removed] had this fixed and installed before we could blink.

The level of service these two are giving us is exceptional and we highly recommend the both of them to anyone. Metricon are very lucky to have a team like this working for them.

Keep up the great work [name removed].

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Stu W, Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely 5-star review! We love the comments regarding our Site Manager and Building Support coordinator! It's great to read that our teams hav... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Building with Metricon home is the best thing we’ve ever done,I was very impressed with the site/project manager specially [name removed] and the friendliness and assistance provided by this builder. I have no hesitation in recommending Metricon to any prospective family who wants quality, price, customer satisfaction and delivering your dream home in the highest level. We thank you from the bottom of our heart.. good luck and God blesses you all. THANK YOU.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nelson, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5-star review! Wow! "Building with Metricon homes is the best thing we've ever done" - What a statement- Thank you!! Nelson, we are... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Amazing build!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

This was absolutely amazing experience. After building several times before this home.
Looking at other builders I knew I couldn’t go past Metricon. The inclusions and quality was second to none.
The construction process was amazing and my construction manager [name removed] was ahead of schedule. We were able to move in early.
I would not hesitate to build another Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi KathD, Thank you for this great 5-star review! It's fantastic to read that your experience with Metricon has been amazing! We are very proud of our Construction Teams hard work which has lead... read more »

• 24 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Pre-construction Process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

We were somewhat frustrated with the process during our time at the sales office for a number of different reasons; so by the time we hit pre-construction we were already disappointed, tired and over Metricon AND questioning our decision.

We were honest and upfront with our assigned Customer Support Coordinator, [name removed] and she was understanding and sympathetic. She basically asked what she could do to make our experience with Metricon a better one.

We talked to her about speeding up the time-frame where she could, for example not dragging the 4 x Studio M appointments over as many weeks but to get them all into a short 8 day time-frame. We asked for open and honest communication and we asked if she could push our contact at the bank along too as sometimes he was slow to respond and we did not want the bank holding us up.

[name removed] was amazing she stuck to her commitments and she was always honest and upfront. Taking the time to explain things to us in simple language or find out the answer for us if she did not know. Never ever did she forgot to call or email us back and the fact that she managed the bank for us so they could meet our deadline to move to construction was a load off our plate.

[name removed] was friendly, professional and informative and we were sad to leave her when we moved to the construction phase. If the rest of our experience with Metricon is as good as the service we received from [name removed] then it will be happy days and we will the sales office experience behind us.

FYI - the fact our last name is Brown and so is [name removed]'s is a coincidence, we are not related.

Site supervisor made all the difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

For anyone building their first home it can be daunting and stressful. The thing that made all the difference was our site supervisor [name removed]. [name removed] was always friendly, always helpful and always willing to go the extra mile to make us happy.
If anything ever had an issue, [name removed] didn't just make sure it was corrected, he already had it organised.
We had to organise a variation from our initial sales contract and the changes and costs required were all very clear and understandable.
Metricon build great homes of superior quality even on their budget homes. A significant number of steps above builders elsewhere in the market.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5-star review and all your kind comments. We are so glad our Site Manager was always helpful and willing to go the extra mile. Scott... read more »

Great service from start to finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

[name removed] and [name removed] were fantastic in keeping me updated with the progress of my house. Despite the fact I was required to be overseas for a majority of the construction period, they were very accommodating of my unique situation and made sure I was constantly in the loop. Their friendly service made the purchasing of my first home a breeze!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Merndaboy, Congratulations on purchasing your first home! We are glad our teams provided you with friendly service and has made your first building experience a breeze. Thank you for your r... read more »

Metricon Process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

We started designing our property with Metricon 12 months ago and were very happy with the process. They booked studio appointments with us where we chose our colours patterns/ styles and electrical items for our property. The professionals who helped us were amazing and explained everything clearly to us. Unfortunately a while down the track when we were about to sign the contract, we had some unexpected financial issues which forced us to reconsider a smaller build. During this time, [name removed], a sale rep, helped us through the process of finding a smaller house and providing us with a close estimate of the cost. This helped us save at least $20-$30k. Despite all of this we didn't have enough to finance the land and build. We went through the process of putting out house on the market and had a lot of period of waiting for positive outcomes from brokers/ conveyancers etc. During this time and particularly for the last 4-5 months, [name removed] has been following up on our situation, offering any help he could. He would ring at least once a month and even if it wasn't related to the building, would offer advice on what he knew in the land and building industry.

I would recommend [name removed] from Metricon as a sales rep as he is very knowledgeable and will always double check things for you and get back to you in a timely manner. Throughout this whole process I've had to deal with conveyancers, brokers, developers and sales rep and [name removed] has been thus far the best to communicate with. He is easy to work with and will understand what you are aiming to achieve.

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

[name removed] has been quite amazing throughout the process. The experience he provided was amazing right from the start to finish. My property was ready in record time and I must say it was because of [name removed]. The regular updates and accommodating nature of the site supervisor made my first building experience an amazing one.

Appreciated the fact that an opportunity was provided to me to point out any defects that I thought needed rework. Overall I would say that the workmanship and quality was good. Also I did not encounter any issues throughout the process because of the amazing site supervisor and customer service staff allocated to me. Finally the final cost of the property was inline with what had been estimated at the start which is just amazing.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sameer, Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience with our readers. We are proud to read that the process has been amazing from the start to finish for you. It's great to know our t... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Perfect building in the end...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Great building structure.
Happy with overall communication.
[name removed], my supervisor has been awesome.. Thumps upp...
[name removed], Thanks boss... Nice work.
Thanks everyone for organising my dream home.

Built house via abc homes which is part of metricon. It took a while though to start the building process but it went through smoothly once the building started.

I would say if the building process is a bit quicker that they may get 6 stars.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ahmed, Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review! We are pleased to read that you have been happy with the overall communication our teams have provided. Congratulations... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Fantastic Site Supervisor but very poor Pre Construction Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The actual construction experience was excellent due to our amazing Site Supervisor [Name Remeoved]. He kept us informed of every step along the way and had our home completed within 4 months from construction start which exceeded our expectations. He really went above and beyond to ensure we had a smooth and positive building experience.
Unfortunately the pre construction experience was very poor and the customer service was lacking in nearly every aspect. We were misled during the sales process and given the run around by the colour selection team who seemed less than interested in helping us achieve our dream home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Michael, Thank you for your kind review. We are proud to read your Site Manager did an amazing job, keeping you informed and ensured a smooth and positive building experience. We also value the... read more »

Melbourne

Great site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Really happy with the build great house minimum things to fix on maintenance stage. Site supervisor always answers calls and replayed quickly with solutions. Office staff nice and colours was made enjoyable and easy.
I would recommend and build again with Metricon.
The paint colour came as close to what you picked out witch is good and the wood for the flooring same.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi D.L, Thanks so much for leaving us this great 5-star review! We are so pleased that our staff have made your experience enjoyable and easy. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

At last my wife and I have the new home we'd dreamt of living in after spending most of our life living in older type homes. The Delta 24MR design with the master bedroom at the rear suits us fine. Metricon has provided us with a quality home that we will simply adore in our retirement years. Admittedly there have been minor issues with the build along the way.....but none that one would lose any sleep over. Since our new and extremely busy site manager [name removed] and his team came on to the scene for the run to the finish post, he has been an inspiration, keeping on top of things and keeping us informed. We have very much appreciated [name removed] cooperation, his dedication towards quality workmanship, his helpful hints and his relaxed and friendly nature. We have also found the administration staff of Metricon a pleasure to deal with during the whole building process. Thank you METRICON.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Warren and Joanne, Thanks so much for leaving us this great review! We are thrilled that you've been able to build your dream home and very pleased that Metricon could be apart of that. It'... read more »

1 of 75 pages