Filter By:
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2014

Installed irreplaceable lighting in my house

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Buyer Beware! It is disappointing I need to publish my issue so publicly to get attention off this builder. I built a property in 2014 in Melton West, Victoria and paid an extra $3000 to upgrade the lights throughout the house to have downlights instead of regular battens/globes. A few months ago the “downlights” started dying so I took one out to find a replacement at Bunnings which is common practice with “downlights.” To my surprise when I took it out, I found out it is not in fact the regular downlight I paid for but in fact a large unit that has two large parts and I cannot find a simple replacement. The man at Bunnings said he had never seen a light like that before so I got searching at many other light shops in Melbourne who all confirmed the same thing. After some investigation I found out the company of the light called “Viewlight” went out of production and Metricon brought out their stock. I sent a photo of the light to a few electricians who advised it won’t be a simple replacement and all 25 lights in my house must be replaced entirely as Metricon installed a one of a kind product that is irreplaceable. After THREE weeks of asking Metricon to address the issue a [name removed] from the warranty department EMAILED (not the phone call I requested) me to say because the lights only had a warrant of 3 years and my house is 4 years they wont fix the issue and told me to hire a electrician at my own cost. After speaking to consumer affairs and the building regulatory I emailed them again advising they both agreed Metricon must fix the problem they still wouldn’t agree to it. Metricon knew the company went out of business, purchased the remaining lights and never bothered to tell its customers who they installed the products in that we are never going to be able to have them fixed. They knew while my house was still in warranty that the issue could’ve been fixed but failed to tell me. WHY did you install this? I just wanted regular that I am able to change easily like a normal house should be able to? I suggest everyone checks they didn’t install this product in their house as they will all be in the same boat as me. Metricon are liable to replace all the lights in my house and simply don’t care. I never bothered chasing them when my hot water service broke after only 1 year or my oven that stopped working after 3 years. I now wish I had made them fix it now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Candice R, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As communicated to you via our Facebook Page, we require your property details and job number so we can look into this matter. We a... read more »

Hello, you might want to look at the facebook post. You have never replied to me. I also have never been given a "job number" as your customer service said they refuse to action my request.

Metricon Official

Hi Candice, Our Facebook post was sent on the 17/01/19 08:50AM requesting for you to send us a Private Message to share your job number (contract number) and the property address, so we could look ... read more »

Australia

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Good until things went wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Built with Metricon; the house was very nicely built and my family was really pleased however not for long. Just months after moving in, cracks started happening. Metricon was initially very responsive and reactive in resolving the issues BUT only in the beginning. When they realise the fault involves more parties, they started to finger point and avoided responsibilities. If things were done differently from the beginning, the issues could have been prevented. So much about 25 years Structure Warranty... it is so unreal. It is our claims against Metricon for Metricon's alleged breach of the warranties they owe us pursuant to s 8 of the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995. Metricon... Please DO NOT avoid or delay the mediation... Anyone keens to know what happened, please PM me.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joann, Thank you for your recent contact to Metricon Homes via Facebook & Product Review. As the matter has been referred to legal, we are unable to assist any further. Should you require any in... read more »

Ahh... so you are brushing me aside. Your solicitor is making it hard for us, else I won't be here getting some stress outlet. And, may I remind you that we are still your binding customer. I am here hoping for the needful attention.

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Duxton 39 Coastal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

We have enjoyed our build from the initial sales office stage right through to completion of the build. We couldn't thank the sales person Allen any more for his professionalism. From day 1 he took the time to understand our needs and wants and he certainly delivered a great design, changed slightly from the standard plan.
The house build all ran smoothly and on time.
We were able to have regular updates by the site managers and any queries we had were resolved in a timely manner. Great workmanship from trades on site and we are extremely happy with the overall final result.
We have and will recommended Metricon to friends and family and will certainly use them again if the opportunity arises in the future.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Fast, Quality Build with a Site Supervisor from heaven.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Our overall experience with Metricon was a whirlwind of positive emotions. From the very beginning we felt like we were dealing with home building perfectionists and the final product does show that Metricon know how to build 'dream homes'.

Our site supervisor [name removed] was the most thorough and detailed supervisor we have ever come across. There was no stupid questions, he constantly updated us on the progress of home and ensured that if we had any queries or concerns he would answer them straight away. Overall he made the entire construction process an absolute pleasure, picking up on any mistakes and / or items that trades had missed and rectifying them before we walked through our home on various stages.

The conduct of [name removed] is a testament to the employees that Metricon have handling site and the construction progress, we could not have asked for a better tradesmen and person to help build our home. (The man deserves a payrise and hopefully can see our review!)

The initial consultation and colour selection was made into a fun experience by all consultants that we came across. Being an intimidating process selected every facet of our home seemed like an impossible task, however we were given time and patience, as well as advice throughout each selection and room.

If there was any room from improvement throughout the process it would be the building permit and relevant surveyor / council requirements. We were under the impression all would be handled by Metricon and came into some trouble with Council approval which we continually had to follow up ourselves. This delayed our construction by a few months and was the only negative experience from a whole lot of positive ones.

We are currently 2 months into our home and have found minor defects, the online portal is a great way to log any faults that we may have missed during our final inspection and is quite easy to use.

Overall any negative experiences were completely overridden by the final product we are current living in. As well as the workmanship and speed in which our site supervisor managed to completed our home in.

Could not recommend Metricon any more for those who want to build their first or 'dream home'.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Excellent Service - Wonderful Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

[name removed] managed the build wonderfully and was a pleasure to work with. [name removed] was responsive to my queries, easy to get in contact with and provided me with regular updates throughout the build.

When a fault identified, it was rectified promptly and to a brilliant standard.

The final cost was very accurate with the estimated cost and there was no additional expenses along the way.

Overall, a very good experience building with Metricon and would highly recommend.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rachael Jane, It is wonderful to read our Site Supervisor was a pleasure to work with and his communication, regular updates and prompt assistance ensured your construction experience was a pos... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Built My First Home With Metricon!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

My build was well managed from start to finish, I was kept in the loop constantly and all the dates were outlined to me and they were met 95% of the time.
The quality of the build was also of a high standard nothing short of what i had expected from Metircon.
The only issues were delays from outside contractors, but Metricon always kept me up to date and aware of any changes, couldn't of asked for anything else.
The cost of the product did line up with what was delivered. I have been told that you can build a similar house for much less, but the quality may not be the same. I would be recommending Metricon each and every time!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi ashan, Firstly, we would like to congratulate you on building and purchasing your first home, we can imagine this would have been a very exciting time for you! It’s great your experience has b... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Fantastic Service, fantastic quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

There will always be some issue when building and I would like if it was smooth sailing from start to finish, however when it was time to get started I was blessed to have [Name Removed] as my site supervisor. An absolute pleasure to have been able to work with. I have done several builds, and it's people like [Name Removed] that take all the stress out of construction. The quality of workmanship was above expected, the site was clan, and any issues were dealt with ASAP. Would I build with Metricon again - I wouldn't hesitate a moment to use them when needed again

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Arthur, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. We are happy to read our Site Supervisor was a pleasure to work with, provided great service and ensured your construction jo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

[Name Removed] was a wonderful Building Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

[name removed] was an excellent Building Supervisor. He achieved Practical Completion at least 3 months earlier than anticipated, so that we could move into our home before Christmas. He would make an effort to ensure we could schedule as many appointments as we wanted to view the progress of the build, so that we were confident with each step. When we next build with Metricon, we will be asking specifically for [name removed]!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rose, Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 Star review with us. We are happy to read our Building Supervisor provide such excellent service and construction was completed 3 months ahe... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Glendale 39 Chateau Build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

[name removed] was our site manager and to be honest he was an absolute champion and pleasure to work with. He was very responsive, easy to get a hold of and jumped on any request we asked, he also picked up faults and rectified them promptly.

Where the build was let down was with the cabinetry supplier, I would never use or recommend [Name Removed] to anyone. Our outside kitchen was rushed when they installed it, It was not the way we discussed with them initially, they demanded me to purchase and deliver them the BQQ within a few days of an unexpected call which i happily did, They needed this to cut the bench top out 3 months before house hand over. Then they still had not completed the bench top a month after hand over, which was also cut too small and the installer was told to just make it fit, this was very disappointing. Our cutlery draw also took 6 weeks after house handover to arrive. This is why I would suggest Metricon source a different cabinet maker for future builds to me the way they operate and their end product finishing lacks the quality of what Metricon is about.

A few other little things are still yet to be corrected like the size of the manhole, the reducer for the outside range hood as we are unable to use it, the bench stone top hasn't been polished correct and needs to be redone, and the exhaust fans in the bathrooms when the wind comes they open and close making a really loud bang.

Besides the minor things which are to be expected when building a new house I would highly recommend Metrion, especially if they get an alternative cabinet maker supplier.

Regards

Ryan and Ines Manolev

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ryan Manolev, Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. It is disappointing to read some issues arose with the cabinetry supplier. We will ensure your feedback is shared with... read more »

Fountaindale

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2018

Disappointed is an understatement

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

We have been in our Metricon home for 8 months now and to say we are disappointed would be an understatement. After 8 months living here, our home is still not complete. In the time since we have moved in we have had our kitchen ripped out and rebuilt, the entire house replastered and repainted (repainted 4 times until they eventually got a new painter), floor tiles ripped up and relaid, ALL the glass in the windows and doors replaced, 2 of 3 bathroom mirrors replaced, 5 internal doors replaced, water leaks in our ceiling (3 different locations, 3 separate occasions), kitchen sink flooded under bench twice, cooktop replaced and then later the whole oven was replaced, we had no flushing toilets for 2 days (!), and no noggins in the walls (which we paid for and have not received a refund for). We moved out for a week in order for all of the fixes to be completed, with only 1 issue being resolved in that time. We have rearranged furniture countless times, taken time off work and spent weekends at home in order to accommodate trades. We still have outstanding items to be addressed and are also yet to receive our interim occupation certificate.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Samantha, Thank you for your review via Facebook and Product Review. We are sorry to read of the issues you are experiencing in your home. We have sent you a private message requesting your job ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Mar 2019

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Build is perfectly managed, [name removed] is a great communicator and is happy for me to call him if I have questions which is brilliant. [name removed] is a 5 star guy, he is a great representative for Metricon and the building industry, I hope all your supervisors are as first class as [name removed]!
Workmanship is 110%, we built in Qld with Coral homes in Brisbane 4 years ago and your build quality is superior

Pre build was the most horrendous experience I have ever had, as a customer service manager, managing over $200mil in orders I can't believe your office is so pathetic, you should hire me to sort it out, I work on Blackburn Road;)
Costs are as agreed.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dan Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with us. It is disappointing to read some issues arose during the pre construction stage. We will ensure your feedback is shared with our Managem... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Metricon Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

From when we met [name removed] (and his amazing help), to agreeing on the final price, [name removed] helped us through the process and was fantastic. We chose the Metro 31 but it ended up being a metro 37!
Then we got handed over to the construction team. [name removed] our project manager, has been so helpful. He treats the house that he is building like it is his own. I am in the construction industry and I must say when I tell people how it has gone they are amazed at how professional and kind [Name Removed] has been. Great Job [name removed], would build with you again in a heart beat.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Robert, Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5 Star review. It is fantastic to read our team has provided such amazing service with their care and professionalism throughout your entire... read more »

Sydney

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2019

Avoid if you still can otherwise be prepared of never ending stress and frustrations!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

If only I was given the opportunity to read what I am going to write before signing-up, I would definitely have gone to another builder.

If only the salesperson didn't assure me that house will be finished in 2018, before Christmas, I would have not signed up in August 2017.

66 WEEKS after paying the 5% deposit in September 2017, Metricon still couldn't give me a date for walkthrough??!!

It is already 2019!!! I've been chasing them since September 2018 about the walk through and handover.
Promised that house will be finished soon and before Christmas, only to be informed a day before the Christmas break (20/12/18) that they are not able to hand it over?? Site manager promised to give me a hand over date before holiday break but to no avail until now. He said he will be back in 2nd/3rd of January but still no tradies at site and he is out of reached.

Imagine the trouble I went through organising from extending the lease of the house that we are renting to reconnection of utilities and delivery of furnitures. Horrible experience!

Feel free to read the details below, if you want more reviews, check the group in facebook called "Metricon disappointed Home Owners".

Pre-Construction Stage
$1000 and 5% deposit were paid in 08/17 and 09/17, respectively.
Like most of the comments below, our paperworks took 4 months before getting CDC approved in 12/17.
Lucky you if mistakes are picked up during this period. Unfortunately, ours was after fixing stage which caused significant delays.

Construction Stage
Progress payment paid for Base - (03/18), Frame - (04/18), Lock up - (06/18) and Fixing - (07/18).
Only after 2 months or in February 2018 they started civil works but the site manager was replaced before the slab was even poured.
During the Frame stage, I complained about the materials being delivered too early and how they just stacked them with no care. Like the Powder coated aluminum frames are directly touching rough surface which resulted to major scratches. What upsets me more was after bringing this to their attention, they did not do anything and still use the frames which is now one of the causes of delays.
I paid lock up and fixing invoices even if many have not been completed. My thinking was, it would help Metricon to speed up the process. Wrong move!

THE SITE MANAGER was replaced again in August (i think)!

90% of the building cost were already paid in July but only started asking the 3rd site manager about our walkthrough somewhere in September. Told us that there is not so much works to be done, which I think is correct. However, after fixing stage, very seldom tradies are on site. I've been constantly asking them about the progress at least every week and they would just reply the same thing all over again. Reassured me that house will be handed over before Christmas.

After 1 1/2 years since we signed up with Metricon, they still couldn't get a dates for practical completion, walk through and hand over. I have changed delivery dates of my furnitures many times already and asked our family to store some of the purchases that can no longer be extended. We already extended the 2 weeks notice for our rental.

I made the construction end date to Dec 2019 as I have no idea when it is going to be completed.

As a customer paying almost half a mil dollar building price, I think that I don't deserve to beg before Metricon starts moving.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi RMD, Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are sorry to read of your experience. If you could please respond to the private message we have sent requesting your job number and full lot a... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi RMD, Thank you for your recent email to Customer Care. We understand Practical Completion walkthrough has since taken place. Whilst we acknowledge that there has been a delay with the construc... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Not as good as I thought metricon would be

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

I had lot more expectations from metricon as they claim to be number 1 builder in the country. Had lots of bumps along the way. They aren't flexible at all. I wanted to customize some features but all they said was 'no, can't do'. The worst part was the site manager. It was almost impossible to get an update out of him when he was supposed to give me the construction update every week on Friday. There has been occasions I had to wait for a month to get an update, then the update came from the construction coordinator. I had 5 months of stressful time during the construction which shouldn't be the case as my friends built houses with other builders and they were quite happy with their builders and site managers. The construction coordinator was good to start with but at later stage she changed too. I'm glad the construction is finally over and I've moved in my house now. House is good no problem but the construction period was a nightmare with litlle to no update and it never should have been the case.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Masum, We are dissapointed to read of your review and we would like to ensure this feedback is passed on to the relevant team for future improvement purposes. Can you please contact us via emai... read more »

Reference: [Contract Number Removed]. You can look it up.
My email: [Email Address Removed]

You can send me email if you wish.

Metricon Official

Hi Masum Billah, Thank you for your recent contact to Metricon Homes via Product Review. As explained to you by our Construction Team, the request for the changes was substantial, therefore could n... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2019

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

It’s been pleasure to work with pre site manager [name removed] and [name removed] thru out the whole process of selections alterations and finalisation. They always value of their customers wants and choices and try to get best for their clients. I felt so comfortable to work with both of them thru out the whole process and they both Helped us to get the final cost under our budget. I really like the way they adjust with our selections and patterns. I really recommend Metricon for any of my friend who wants build there dream home. We finally building our dream house as exactly the way we want with Metricon. Both [name removed] and [name removed] works very professional and efficiently. They always return my calls and emails on time and organised all the appointment according to my busy life style. Thank you for all the support thru out the whole process. Would love to see my dream home finished mid of this year. Thank you [name removed] and [name removed] and the Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rajitha P, Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5 Star review. We are pleased to read our team has provided excellent service thus far with their professionalism and efficiency ensuring... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great Service - Fantastic House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

The build was manage great from the beginning all the way through to handover.
All the staff i dealt with were friendly and very helpful.
Build quality is good, any items i needed to get reviewed or replaced was a simple phone call.
Had regular weekly touch bases with the build manager to provide updates on what had been done and what was planned next.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi SMistry, Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5 Star review for our readers. We are pleased to know your construction journey with Metricon was great from start to finish and our friend... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Poor communication & no assistance at all.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I am having serious problems with getting any attention to the many problems we have with our Metricon home built this year. I have sent copious emails & photos to Metricon service & warranty,& receive no reply. It took 6 days for a Metricon site supervisor to come out to my home for problems I noticed within 24 hours of moving in. I have sent emails practically on a daily basis with attached photos,to no avail. They just don’t want to know. How do I get help from them? I am at the end of my tether,so very upset at their lack of communication. I hate dealing with the person from service & warranty. No understanding or compassion at all. I wish I could speak to the manager of this company directly. The weatherboard home my husband & I lived in for 34 years before moving in here 3 weeks ago didn’t have this many problems. Unfinished paint work,flooding under the kitchen sink,blocked drain causing overflow in 1 shower,a nail pop behind plaster,all explained to Metricon with photos. Their motto is “love where you live”. We do NOT. Subsequent review: a week after posting this review I have discovered even more faults. The wiring in one of the power points in the master bedroom was installed incorrectly,with wires crossed,determined as incorrect polarity by the licensed electrician I had to call out. I plugged a small fan into the power point on a very hot day,which then tripped the safety switch in the mains. It also caused us to lose wifi,internet,& use of lamp & radio in the bedroom. I also discovered the stove top is missing a trivet. One disappointment after another in this house.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Vicky, Thank you for your review. As communicated to you via email and Private Message via Product Review on the 13/12/2018, we apologise for any miscommunication from our team. We confirm ou... read more »

Since this post absolutely nothing has improved in communication with Metricon. I have sent an email with the electrician’s details who had to come out & fix a wiring fault installed during constru... read more »

Hi Vicky,

As advised by yourself on the 31/12/18 via Product Review Private Message, the matter had been referred to the DBDRV & VBA. As communicated to you, a member of Metricon will respond upon their request. Thank you

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Love where we live

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

The journey has been great with Metricon. Metricon gave us the home to fit our little family. It all started in one of your display home in Pimpama where the sale assistant welcomed us so well, she was fantastic and always listening. The building process was smooth, a big thank to our building supervisor [name removed] who has also looked after us so well. We love where we live.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sachin, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for our readers. It is great to know our team has done a fantastic job and your entire journey with Metrion has been smooth! Sachin... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Building with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

The building was supervised by our building team [name removed] and [name removed], First up a big thank you to Metricon who were the only volume builders who would build in the Daylesford/Hepburn Springs region, The building process was smooth and easy once the construction started and at all times [name removed] and [name removed] were accessible and efficient when sorting out additions, changes or unforeseen issues. We were very pleased with the timelines for the build and the communication and inspections along the way. The quality of the finish was excellent and the construction finished slightly ahead of time which was great for us from a moving perspective and cost saving on rent. The end cost was equal to our estimated cost thanks Metricon job well done. Kind regards Jen and Paul

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5 Star review for us. We are pleased to read our team has ensured your construction journey was smooth and easy with their communication and e... read more »

michael.watson@barwonwater.vic.gov.au

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Building of Santorini 21

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Build was on time and to cost
Workmanship was at required level with supervisor ensuring work done or redone to required quality
2nd build with Metricon in 18 months and found processes had improved above our expectations
Supervisor was both professional and focussed on us as customers.
No variations - just to what we ordered
No upselling throughout process
Supervisor took great pride in the final product

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Wato, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. We are happy to read our team of professionals have provided great service to ensure your second construction journey with Metr... read more »

1 of 112 pages