Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Build my dream home and was perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Me and my wife build our first home with Metricon. It was very smooth build with Metricon we never encounter any problem.
Service provided by Metricon and team was very excellent.
Building Supervisor [name removed] was very professional and friendly. He explained every progress and details very easily (wasn't builders codes and language) every Friday.
Overall it was very smooth ride with Metricon.
Thankyou all the team involved in building our dream home a reality.
Thankyou
Rajeshor & Karuna.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Worse builders Ever! They will do anything to avoid coming back to repair ongoing issues.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

We had nothing but troubles since the start of our build.

Firstly the sales staff would have to be the nicest people which makes you really comfortable and want to build with them.

Firstly they did not build our home as to the plans and upgraded options we requested for and paid for. They try to give a small money incentive to allow them to continue to build and when we don't agree to the money and say we want to build it to the plans they keep on telling us that the building will be delayed and it is our fault and we will have to pay for the delays.

Once the house was completed there was a whole heap of issues, some of the minor ones they fix and anything major they refuse to fix, examples of the items they refuse to fix is:
- The extremely slow refill of the toilet tank (about 10mins), they refuse to fix this as we paid over $1k to get the nice inwall cistern but the work is too hard to repair as they will have to knock down the wall to get to it.
- They upsell me to an expensive matching microwave and steam oven then at the time of build they say the microwave is no longer available and they will not replace for a different matching microwave and steam oven, instead they say the choice is to leave the ugly hole in the wall of get a tiny standard microwave.
- We paid to get our cornices upgraded and they installed the wrong ones, they blame their suppliers and say we just have to live with what we are given as it is too hard to replace them now and it was my responsibility notify them before they installed it. (I am busy working everyday and trusted Metricons site supervisor to make sure the correct ones were ordered and installed).
- We reported we had a water leak in our pipes just after the build was completed and they refused to fix it as it was too hard to locate where the leak is.
- Our undermount sink has collapsed just after 1 year of ownership, and we discovered it was mounted with just silicon with no bracing or stronger glues, after reporting it to Metricon they pretty much brushed their hands and said it's over 12 months now and they don't have to fix it.
- We keep on reporting missing silicon gaps between the tiles in the bathroom and the request is just ignored.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Harry, We acknowledge your feedback and refer to recent communications via Metricon Facebook page. As advised, our team has arranged for the appropriate trades to further inspect your concerns.... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Metricon are amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

My husband and I are currently building our first home with Metricon and we are incredibly impressed with all of the staff that have been helping us throughout the build process. It has been nothing but smooth sailing from the start to now.

We started the building process in August 2017 and construction started on site on 30th November 2017 and I can say that the whole Metricon team are incredibly professional and full of knowledge. Whatever silly question that I asked, it was answered promptly. Their customer service is impeccable, I cannot fault them at all! And my team of builders are outstanding! The workmanship is amazing and again, any question is answered with lightning speed.

Metricon should be incredibly proud of the staff that work for them. I would like to thank [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed] and all of the build team.

We are so glad that we chose Metricon to build our dream home and we are counting down the days until we move in!

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Our New Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

We are very happy with the workmanship and build quality of our property from Metricon. A job well done !! Our Site Manager [name removed] kept us informed from the beginning to end. He was always on call and great to assist us with any queries we may have had .Very well managed..
. Metricon's good customer service and support enabled us to enjoy building our new home.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2011

Hopeless in every department

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Hopeless rubbish workmanship. Warranty department is a joke. Spend your hard earned cash elsewhere. Idiots at best. Useless and that's being polite. [name removed] and [name removed] will blame everything and everyone else for Metricon's shortcomings. There warranty department will do everything in there power to avoid fixing issues that you have. Steer well clear of these builders. Metricon love were you live what a joke.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Phillip, we are saddened to read your feedback. We understand you have been in contact with our Customer Care team who will continue to follow up with your concerns. We have also been advised th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Easy first home build!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Being my first build I found the process smooth with Metricon. It was great fun going to the show room to make my selection and the staff there were very friendly and very helpful.
The Building Supervisor and Building Support Coordinator kept their communication open with me which was comforting. Sometimes I even advised they don't need to keep me updated regularly unless there was an issue (as I've had a busy year!) and therefore; didn't even need to hear from them for a while.
Great workmanship. Thank you for everything Metricon!

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Feedback for site manager [name removed]. Amazing work Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Thank You” just does not seem adequate enough to convey how we feel about our beautiful new home. It was a challenging project for both of us but Metricon did it! Our beautiful home was once a dream and now a reality.
Your project manager [name removed] had good knowledge and the ability to help us envision our house as it moved from a construction site and then inspired into a grand home. It is really amazing to see how the changes in this wonderful project, although stressful at times, your expertise and craftsmanship gave this house the ability to become a beautiful home in the end.
And yes, we have already had someone drive past and stop to compliment us on our new home… and that made us feel good.
It was such a great pleasure working with you and your team. Thank you for all of your patience and efforts in making this project a huge success and a beautiful one at that.
May you continue to deliver beautiful METRICON homes!”
shalin Nand & Dhenesh Ratnam

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Best First Home Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

My Building Team consisted of [name removed] and [name removed]. Both [name removed] and [name removed] were easy to get along with, highly professional and would do whatever necessary to help you with and questions or concerns. I kept a close eye on the entire building process and the house was built to an impeccable standard, [name removed] built my home as if it was his own and to a standard that he would be happy with, and he has very high standards and an amazing eye for detail. The build ran smoothly and most of all, ahead of schedule. I couldn’t be happier with my new home and cannot thank both [name removed] and [name removed] enough for their outstanding efforts and care.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Some great people built our beautiful home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Following on from all the decisions made with the great help form Studio M, from day one of meeting our construction team, we were instilled with the confidence that we would be delivered the home we planned for. Our site supervisors [name removed] and [name removed] always had time for us and [name removed] never missed a beat backing them up from the office. Everyone wants their new house to be perfect and they were even more particular about the finishes and overall quality than we were. We know others that have built with Metricon and our team definitely backed up the positive feedback we had heard.

The sequencing of works was explained and we loved being able to watch construction progress. Handover arrived well before our original anticipated date and what a boost when we found it would be delivered before the Christmas holiday break.

Jobs only run this smoothly when they are well planned and done by people who genuinely care. We engaged Metricon believing they would deliver a quality product. They did.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jan 2018

First time builder - and delivered nothing but excellence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

The whole process was so smooth. Our customer support coordinator was nothing but awesome. My block has multiple issues with it, but she went to all the right people and got all the relevant additional approvals required to get started. She kept me in the loop the entire time, and even tho it felt like a lengthy process at the time we were the first to start construction on the block - as all the other blocks were affected by the same issues. Made me feel super comfortable that my job is in the hands of knowledgeable and experienced staff.

We are getting ready for handover now, we had such an AMAZING site supervisor who constantly kept us updated. He met us on site and showed us everything, all the features of the home.
He built us a quality home in such a short amount of time.
I am super impressed with the quality of trades used and the dedication of each one.

I couldnt be happier with my build. I am looking at my next project already.
Would recommend to all family and friends.

Best decision ever - Awesome house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Going with Metricon was the best decision we made for building our new home. A huge thank you to the whole Metricon team for a job well done. I would recommend anyone to get Metricon to build your own homes. There are not enough positive words to describe the final product and the service we had during our build. All that being said it is manual labor constructing a home and you cannot expect everything to be 100% perfect and no builder ever will, but Metricon has come close with only very minor issues.

Now the details...

From the beginning at the Metricon display homes the staff were professional, friendly and very helpful. They were very cooperative with the floor plans for the home and their standard modifications and were open to additional modifications we wanted to make to the base plan. Metricon recommended that we visit MStudio prior to the official appointment to have a look and determine the style we liked and get an idea of what we wanted which we did twice without taking any information from the first visit to see if we pick the same items again, which we found very helpful. However, when it came to the official appointment we found the MStudio process to be disappointing. Although we already visited twice prior, the appointment still felt rushed and we left feeling uncertain and not confident about how the final product was going to turn out. The tile studio was extremely helpful and the appointment goes very quickly when you only have a few tiles to select. The electrical selection was also very quick and he definitely knew what he was doing and had lots of recommendations for what the ideal locations are for power points, light switches, etc. The staff from these two appointments made us feel very comfortable with what we have selected.

At our initial construction meeting with the Site/Construction supervisor, he gave us a run down of the whole construction process and we left this meeting feeling confident and that our new home was in good hands. He was very friendly and kept us informed through the weekly updates of the progress of our home. He was very responsive to questions/queries on anything we had. He managed to get us our home before Christmas and gave us the best Christmas present. All of this would not have been possible if it was not for all the background staff that also assisted that we didn't deal with directly.

The contractors that the site supervisor had working for him have done an awesome job and the quality assurance process that Metricon has goes above and beyond what we were expecting and it made it all that much more reassuring that we have the 6 months defect warranty should we find anything following handover and we have every confidence that these issues will be rectified.

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Dec 2017

LOVING my new house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I was totally and completely happy with the entire Metricon process. From the sales managers' timely email responses to all phone and email queries, to the awesome all round service and friendliness of the Customer Support Co-ordinator, to the knowledgable and friendly Site Supervisor and all the tradies. Choosing all the design items and finishes was made a really easy and organised process by the Studio M staff who are very good at calmly stepping you though the process one product at a time. Each and every process in the build progressed smoothly and even moved ahead of time. The Customer Support Co-ordinator got me council approval in record time, so the build started early and steamed ahead and I ended up with handover 2-3 months ahead of schedule. A few small issues popped up during the build but were sorted quickly and with a minimum of fuss by the Site Supervisor.
If I have one main piece of advice for anyone building a home with Metricon, or any builder, it's to not stress, not constantly be nitpicking and hovering, waiting and expecting something to go majorly wrong. I may be a bit ignorant, a bit naive about the whole process, but perhaps because I just backed off and allowed Metricon and all of their professional trades and contractors to get on with the jobs they are skilled and qualified at, my house build sailed along and I had a "dream build".

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

We experienced excellent customer service throughout our two builds with Metricon. From the colour selections through to completion we were more than satisfied with the quality, time in which our projects were completed and the service and professionalism we experienced in dealing with our site manager along with the rest of the team at Metricon. The quality of finish is to a high level and the management throughout the build process was well supervised. Our site manager went to extreme lengths in order for us to move in on the date we had asked and we are extremely impressed with his dedication to our house. We are very happy with our home and would not hesitate to recommend building with Metricon to anyone.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Damien Taylor, Thank you for sharing your amazing building experience with Metricon. It is a credit to know that the fantastic efforts of our team has resulted in another very happy Metricon cus... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Amazing experience with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Metricon, as a team made our dreams come true. From the word go we had a very satisfying experience with them.

Things were going a bit slow at the beginning in all honesty to get all the paper work done the land etc., but once they started building we were really in for a pleasant surprise. The building supervisor, [name removed] was always on top of his game. Informing us weekly of the process of the house and realistically when we can expect certain things. They also finished off well before the original hand over date which was great as it allowed us Xmas in our new house. The site manager was very flexible with meeting us on site, and was always very helpful.

I know that we would get a great house once it was all done, but I was very surprised to the attention to detail, the quality of craftsmanship and the overall rounding off of everything, you could see their aim was perfection. We had one, two minor issues after we moved in, and all it took was a call to [Name Removed] and they came the same day to fix our little issue, I was blown away at how much their clients meant to them, even after they received full payment, there was just no hassles.

Would I recommend them? Definitely they are an amazing bunch of people, that truly care about building you a house to call home. Great work Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Elsa, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with wonderful feedback on your Metricon journey. We are pleased to know you were provided with weekly updates through the construction process.... read more »

• 1 comment

Our brand new Metricon home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Our journey from visiting a display home through to moving into our own home was made possible due to the hard work of the Metricon team, in particular [name removed] and [name removed].

[Name Removed] was friendly, knowledgeable and patient while guiding us from the initial sales stage through to the contract signing. He shared relevant design options coupled with sound advice on what was (and was not) feasible.

The construction process was incredibly smooth due to [name removed]'s excellent project management. As this was our first home, [name removed]'s insights demystified the process and relieved our concerns and we eventually accepted his early advice: "sit back, relax and just pay the bills".

I appreciated his weekly progress updates as well as phone calls at other times to notify me of any issues that needed resolution - which rarely arose. He managed our expectations from the outset and exceeded them by completing construction of our home ahead of schedule, thereby allowing us to move in before Christmas.

We would have no hesitation in recommending Metricon to build your home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Stuart, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your Metricon experience. We are proud to know you were supported by our team throughout your journey from visiting our displa... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We’re very satisfied on how Metricon build our house. Since the start of the construction they were always there to support and help us. Always give updates and the staff are very friendly. Can’t believe how fast they build our house with quality result. I would highly recommend Metricon to anyone looking for house builder with Excellent job Speed and Quality!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Van A. We are thrilled to read about yet another happy Metricon customer. Thank you for providing fantastic feedback on your building experience. We are proud to know our team were friendly, sup... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

The Metricon experience was an 'experience'! The pre-build support was fantastic, as was the support throughout the build - a special mention to [name removed]. The team at the Gold Coast Show Room were fantastic - a really fun and enjoyable day. [name removed] was terrific - responsive, knowledgeable, and always willing to assist with queries. This has proved to be the case after completion too. I love Metricon's style, workmanship and the support from the team. I would love to build with Metricon again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi RobC, Thank you for providing our readers with your wonderful 5 STAR Review! We are proud to read our team were fantastic and provided you with support throughout your building journey. Thank yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Excellent works and speed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

The quality and speed of works is exemplary and overall I am very delighted with the progress to date which I must say surpasses my expectations. I have built with Metricon in the past but this particular project stands out for all the right reasons. The preparatory aspects [selections etc] leading to commencement of actual construction can do with improvements as it's too convoluted and time consuming for clients

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Milton, Thank you for an excellent review. It is great to know that you have been delighted with the quality and speed of your build. We will pass your feedback on to the relevant department fo... read more »

Maidstone

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Just satisfied.....

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

We felt like we were left in the dark on a lot of the building process as being new home builders and that things weren't explained in detail to us. The construction of our home is sound but I must say, the majority of the works are left to be desired and were slap stick to the point of having to get windows replaced due to scratches.
[name removed] and [name removed] were always polite and there to answer our questions, which there were a lot of. We feel that Metricon need to reassess some of their contractors.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Brooke, Thanks for your contact. Our team are currently on festive season break and will investigate this further on our return, from 2nd January. In the meantime, please email us (customercare@... read more »

Metricon Official

H Brooke, We are yet to receive further details to identify your build. If you could please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your Metricon contract number and/or property address, this will ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Amazing!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

The experience with Metricon has been an absolute delight the whole way through. I purchased a Lawson 20 which is part of the Home Solution range and cannot thank Metricon enough. [Name Removed] was my site manager and was simply outstanding. He made me feel extremely comfortable throughout the whole process providing constant updates and information regarding the status of my build which made me feel at ease. The finished product is incredible and I could not be happier. The service was incredible from the very start right until I got my keys handed over to me from [Name Removed]. [Name Removed] still contacts me even a month after handover which is extremely professional. Highly recommend and would definitely go through Metricon again. A great experience the whole way through. Thank you Metricon!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi CGK, Thank you for sharing your 5 STAR review! We are proud to read your experience with Home Solution by Metricon was an "absolute delight" the entire journey. We will ensure your kind words a... read more »

1 of 76 pages

Hi Metricon, we are building a Metricon Liberty in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Peter asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, thank you for your enquiry. We are dissapointed to read of the issues you are experiencing. Please allow us to seek further feedback for you by contacting us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract number or full Lot address. We look forward to your contact.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Hi Metricon, This question was posted as a review was posted in the 'terrible' reviews section of this website 3 days ago. It was promised it wouldn't take long to be posted. 3 days later it has not yet been approved to go live. Please explain why. Is there filtering out of negative reviews? If so, by who?

Hi Metricon, I refer to the earlier question I asked you about the '6 stage quality assurance process' in your marketing communications. Thank you for listing the 5 building stages. Can you please provide some details about how each building stage is thoroughly assessed to assure ultimate quality. What processes does Metricon conduct within the building stages to assure the quality? Also, what is the 6th stage that is mentioned in Metricon's brochure? (In your response you only mention 5 stages?) Can you please provide some details, or direct me to where I can find this specific information. Please help me to understand what this actually means when my home is being built. How is Metricon different to "other builders" regarding quality. Peter

Peter asked on Jan 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, It is good you are keeping the lines of communication open. I am learning a lot from you, and it a good thing that everyone talks and communicates. All the best, sincerely.

Hi Metricon, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards, and there are differences to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are now awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How do you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Can anyone good, honest and reliable builders in the Melbourne area, who specialise in sub-dividing / building medium density houses? Many thanks

Brittany S asked on Jan 11, 2018