Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Great service from start to finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

[name removed] and [name removed] were fantastic in keeping me updated with the progress of my house. Despite the fact I was required to be overseas for a majority of the construction period, they were very accommodating of my unique situation and made sure I was constantly in the loop. Their friendly service made the purchasing of my first home a breeze!

Safety Beach

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

(Metricon Site Manager) - 5 Stars, Metricon Office - Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I simply dont know how to start this review, however suffice to say that if it wasn't for Site Manager and Our continual involvement in the build of the house, we would have a totally different home to what we had purchased in our Contract and Colour Studio Additions. The only item correct without a required change was the Glass Splashback in the Kitchen. Yes, that is correct! A Horrible build process with paramount stress!

It is impossible to summarise this build. My advice is to make sure you have everything in writing, take photos of the items you have chosen in the Colour Studio, triple check your contract and make sure, all the colour studio additions are in the final contract, and make sure the drafting plans show exactly your final house plan. Pay particular attention to windows and doors. This unfortunately is only 10% of the checking process. The last 90% is for you to prey and hope that you will have the house built accordingly.

Although the whole Metricon Head Office and Management Team need a MASSIVE restructure, many of the Metricon contracting trades do not act professionally and cause many of the build issues.

Make sure you have the ability to walk through the house each week with your Site Manager to check EVERYTHING........and i mean EVERYTHING!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Al Campbell, Thank you for taking the time to share this review with our readers. We are sorry to hear of your experience regarding the construction of your home. We have sent you a private m... read more »

Brisbane

• 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2019

TRUTH LIES IN BAD REVIEWS - Biggest mistake to build with Metricon - Fears came true

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Just 6 months ago - I was reading all the good and bad reviews about Metricon and raised this concern with our Sales rep but she assured as at every step Metricon is renowned builder and you will have no issues. Well inspite of all the bad reviews we read and heard from other people we still went with Metricon as we fell in Love with their display homes which are only built to lure people. While we have spent around $613k on our home as Metricon being one of the expensive builders and we were hoping to get our magnificent house built- It started going downhill from the second month in construction when we saw our staircase is not being built as per the design we selected from one of their display homes for which we sent the photos to make sure our requirements are clear. But the staircase is nowhere close to what we asked for and we were told that it is being built as per contract and variation. Now this is the most scary part how Metricon gets to sign you the contract without providing much information. When we went for color selection at studio M we only selected the color of the staircase as per the display home design and we were asked to sign entire color selection in 10 mins which we did. Later on a variation comes in changing the wordings of the staircase to which we questioned that what does this new wordings mean as we are not building experts and do not understand the jargon that is being used. We specifically asked for any photos or design to make sure we are getting what we paid for and did I TELL YOU THAT WE PAID EXTRA 13.6K for this staircase upgrade. The only reply we got was these wordings are changed to ensure what you selected at studio M and hence we thought that we only selected the color and no where in our wildest dreams we ever talk about changing any design- it should be fine and we signed the contract. Now after sending multiple emails the response we got from building manager that the staircase will not be changed- THIS IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL and UNETHICAL.

Not only this the workmanship and quality is a big concern too- we found some water leak on our upper floor to which we were told that it will be fixed. But 10 days later we found a bigger water leak in two bedrooms and leisure area upstairs and am talking about massive leak where water was stagnant on the floor covering half of the bedroom. When we raised this issue, the construction manager and site manager responded that it can happen and easily fixed by changing the architraves and skirting and removing the tapes in the corners and put a new one. What about the plasterboard?? Doesn't that get damage and needs changing but they coldly said NO to that. We are EXTREMELY UNHAPPY and DISAPPOINTED the way Metricon has dealt with us and not helping us at all in providing any resolution.
We now have to deal with QBCC and QCAT to resolve the issue - Who will pay for all the stress we are undergoing right now. Save yourself from Metricon.

!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM METRICON otherwise they will rip you of your hard-earned money....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Tisha, Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback for us and our readers. We are saddened to read this review regarding your Metricon experience. As the matter has already been r... read more »

The matter has not been escalated to Qbcc as it is a contractual issue and qbcc doesn’t deal with that. Hence we are stuck ..........

Metricon Official

Hi Tisha, Thank you for your reply. In your post you have stated " We now have to deal with QBCC and QCAT to resolve the issue" If the matter has not been referred to these parties, we will be a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Metricon Process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

We started designing our property with Metricon 12 months ago and were very happy with the process. They booked studio appointments with us where we chose our colours patterns/ styles and electrical items for our property. The professionals who helped us were amazing and explained everything clearly to us. Unfortunately a while down the track when we were about to sign the contract, we had some unexpected financial issues which forced us to reconsider a smaller build. During this time, [name removed], a sale rep, helped us through the process of finding a smaller house and providing us with a close estimate of the cost. This helped us save at least $20-$30k. Despite all of this we didn't have enough to finance the land and build. We went through the process of putting out house on the market and had a lot of period of waiting for positive outcomes from brokers/ conveyancers etc. During this time and particularly for the last 4-5 months, [name removed] has been following up on our situation, offering any help he could. He would ring at least once a month and even if it wasn't related to the building, would offer advice on what he knew in the land and building industry.

I would recommend [name removed] from Metricon as a sales rep as he is very knowledgeable and will always double check things for you and get back to you in a timely manner. Throughout this whole process I've had to deal with conveyancers, brokers, developers and sales rep and [name removed] has been thus far the best to communicate with. He is easy to work with and will understand what you are aiming to achieve.

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A sales and marketing company that DO NOT deliver on quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

A terrible build and almost a year later, we are still trying to have defective and outstanding items fixed and finished. If we had our time again, we WOULD NOT BUILD WITH METRICON! They are honestly so terrible to deal with. There is no customer care during or post-construction. We paid large amounts of money for upgraded items like Shadowline ceiling instead of cornices. The timbers were bowed and not straightened and now we are left with a poor quality result. They were happy to take our money though did not deliver on quality. Do not believe them when they say they have "stringent quality assurance" they have their own representatives come in an sign off on quality while our own inspection reports states their work to be defective. Go to a home building company that actually care about delivering a quality product at the end of the build.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JAM, Thank you for your recent contact via Facebook, Instagram and Product Review. As communicated today, we understand our service and warranty team has been in regular contact with you. A lis... read more »

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

[name removed] has been quite amazing throughout the process. The experience he provided was amazing right from the start to finish. My property was ready in record time and I must say it was because of [name removed]. The regular updates and accommodating nature of the site supervisor made my first building experience an amazing one.

Appreciated the fact that an opportunity was provided to me to point out any defects that I thought needed rework. Overall I would say that the workmanship and quality was good. Also I did not encounter any issues throughout the process because of the amazing site supervisor and customer service staff allocated to me. Finally the final cost of the property was inline with what had been estimated at the start which is just amazing.

Private message

Perfect building in the end...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Great building structure.
Happy with overall communication.
[name removed], my supervisor has been awesome.. Thumps upp...
[name removed], Thanks boss... Nice work.
Thanks everyone for organising my dream home.

Built house via abc homes which is part of metricon. It took a while though to start the building process but it went through smoothly once the building started.

I would say if the building process is a bit quicker that they may get 6 stars.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Fantastic Site Supervisor but very poor Pre Construction Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The actual construction experience was excellent due to our amazing Site Supervisor Paul. He kept us informed of every step along the way and had our home completed within 4 months from construction start which exceeded our expectations. He really went above and beyond to ensure we had a smooth and positive building experience.
Unfortunately the pre construction experience was very poor and the customer service was lacking in nearly every aspect. We were misled during the sales process and given the run around by the colour selection team who seemed less than interested in helping us achieve our dream home.

Great site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Really happy with the build great house minimum things to fix on maintenance stage. Site supervisor always answers calls and replayed quickly with solutions. Office staff nice and colours was made enjoyable and easy.
I would recommend and build again with Metricon.
The paint colour came as close to what you picked out witch is good and the wood for the flooring same.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi D.L, Thanks so much for leaving us this great 5-star review! We are so pleased that our staff have made your experience enjoyable and easy. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

At last my wife and I have the new home we'd dreamt of living in after spending most of our life living in older type homes. The Delta 24MR design with the master bedroom at the rear suits us fine. Metricon has provided us with a quality home that we will simply adore in our retirement years. Admittedly there have been minor issues with the build along the way.....but none that one would lose any sleep over. Since our new and extremely busy site manager [name removed] and his team came on to the scene for the run to the finish post, he has been an inspiration, keeping on top of things and keeping us informed. We have very much appreciated [name removed] cooperation, his dedication towards quality workmanship, his helpful hints and his relaxed and friendly nature. We have also found the administration staff of Metricon a pleasure to deal with during the whole building process. Thank you METRICON.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Warren and Joanne, Thanks so much for leaving us this great review! We are thrilled that you've been able to build your dream home and very pleased that Metricon could be apart of that. It'... read more »

Best building company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

The building was built on time with no delays. Everything was delivered as discussed. Perfect service could not ask for anything more. The supervisor would provide me with constant updates ensuring I was kept up to speed with development. I highly recommend building with Metricon if you're looking for a 5 star service. Will definitely use them in the future.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi SaragonRashed, WOW - What a great 5 Star review- Thank you! We are so happy to read that our teams have provided perfect service and you couldn't ask for anything more. We thank you for you... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Terrible pre construction experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Had a terrible preconstruction experience. The consultant allocated for studioM appointment is a dud as she missed out more than 50 percent of upgrades or items. We finished our appointment in less than 2 hours which should usually take more than 3 hours if everything is covered. As a first home buyers, we are unaware of most of the things. By the time we realised that we missed out something, Metricon never helped or supported us for the changes only because they need to work hard. I was told i need to pay penalty if i change anything and i was ready for that too.They sent me all the quotes for the changes including penalty rates but the very next day morning they changed their mind and said they are not ready to make any changes as it takes 4 weeks.
Anyway, its our bad luck to go with Metricon. Will write an other review after construction is complete.
"AS A 1ST HOME OWNERS, WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD OUR HOUSE AS WE WANT :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Vimal, We are sorry to read of your experience. If you could please allow us the opportunity to look into this further. We have sent you a private message requesting your lot address and job n... read more »

I haven't received any private message from you. If you could provide me your official email address, i will send you my lot address and job number.

Thanks.

Details sent.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

No follow up calls. Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I have been really disappointed with the service that have been provided by my supervisor. No follow up calls. They told us initially you will be getting weekly update calls from your supervisor which never happened. They messed up my mirror orders and now the house is getting delayed. I will not be putting up with this service anymore. Someone needs to follow up asap for me.
I don't get how hard it is to give someone a phone call and let them know what is happening at the site. Will never recommend Metricon to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Gurpinder, we are sorry to hear that no one has contacted you. We have sent you a private message requesting your contract details or full lot address, so we can locate your file and follow thi... read more »

Dream Home from Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Dont know from where should I start:We built our dream home and I am so happy with the outcome.
Building supervisor [name removed] helped us throughout our smooth journey with Metricon. Best professional customer service provided by him and answered all the questions during construction.I am so happy with his service. He is such great Building supervisor. I will definitely recommend him.I can see the WOW factor in my home....Thanks [name removed]

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Usha U, Firstly, congratulations on building your dream home - We are thrilled that you are happy with the end result. We are so glad our staff have provided you with great customer service ... read more »

Our first Construction experience was amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We had a great experience building with Metricon. We live interstate and they made every stages easy. Our Site Manager [name removed] keeps us informed throughout the whole time. [name removed] our Building Coordinator is very responsive and helpful. [name removed] our Sales Consultant she made sure we chose the right design that will fit within our budget. We had an excellent experience and would build with Metricon again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi M A and M Mojado, What a great 5-Star Review- Thank you! Its great to know our staff kept you informed throughout your journey and were always helpful. M A and M Mojado, we are thrille... read more »

We definitely will build with Metricon again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

No stress, no drama! We paid deposit, chose our colours and materials. In Feb construction was started and 1st of October was a handover of key for our first 2 store house ! 8 months! Unbelievable so quick!!! Thank you Metricon team and special thank to our site manager and sell person, both are great and easy to deal with guys! I highly recommend to choose Metricon if you are looking for peace of mind during construction and high standards!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Irina, Thanks so much for leaving this great review for our readers! We are thrilled to read that your experience has been a stress free one and our New Home Advisor and Site Manager were ea... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2018

We love our new house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

The success of our new home was down to the fabulously committed construction manager we had, [name removed]. The house was built ahead of schedule and with high quality. [name removed] was responsive and extremely on top of the logistics at all times. He was passionate about the quality of the workmanship and had a great team of tradies working on the job. Many of who said they specifically do the jobs where he is the site manager. So happy we have a beautiful new home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joe, We are pleased to know our staff and trades have successfully delivered a quality home to you well ahead of schedule for you. Congratulations on the completion of your build, it has been a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Thank you to my Supervisor [name removed] for doing a fantastic jobs from start to nearly to the end

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Since [name removed] left for long service leave, my house had been unattended jobs for 10 weeks now, I don't see not much jobs is done. I really want to [name removed] come back and finish the house for me, as is would be amazing.
I would recommend to build with Metricon. Good quality products and very helpful advice on things, thank you.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi tran, Thanks for leaving us this great review! it's great to read that you are happy with the quality of your home and that our staff have provided you with helpful advice. We are very exci... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Loving where I’ll be living

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Our build has been fantastic from start to finish. Our site supervisor has done an awesome job keeping us updated on everything and fixing any problems that have arisen. We have been pleased with the work done by all the trades and the fact that they were on site when we were told they would be and were extremely friendly & helpful. We would highly recommend Metricon Builders

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Julz, Thank you for a great 5 STAR review, we are so glad to read your build has been fantastic from start to finish. It is great to know our staff and trades have been extremely friendly and h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2019

South Gippsland Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Metricon have built our home in record time, well ahead of the proposed completion date. Staff have been friendly, helpful and approachable from the first display salesman, contract signing and to the building supervisor including handover. We had a few personal clashes with the colour consultant, however her knowledge in products were first class. Our building supervisor was organised, and true to time within his control. We look forward to the final touch ups to complete our dream home at a fine quality finish.
Thank you Metricon for being easy to work with.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dianne, congratulations on the near completion of your new family home. It is great to know our team is delivering the home in record time and that our staff have all been friendly, helpful and ... read more »

1 of 100 pages