Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Amazing build!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

This was absolutely amazing experience. After building several times before this home.
Looking at other builders I knew I couldn’t go past Metricon. The inclusions and quality was second to none.
The construction process was amazing and my construction manager [name removed] was ahead of schedule. We were able to move in early.
I would not hesitate to build another Metricon.

• 24 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Pre-construction Process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

We were somewhat frustrated with the process during our time at the sales office for a number of different reasons; so by the time we hit pre-construction we were already disappointed, tired and over Metricon AND questioning our decision.

We were honest and upfront with our assigned Customer Support Coordinator, [name removed] and she was understanding and sympathetic. She basically asked what she could do to make our experience with Metricon a better one.

We talked to her about speeding up the time-frame where she could, for example not dragging the 4 x Studio M appointments over as many weeks but to get them all into a short 8 day time-frame. We asked for open and honest communication and we asked if she could push our contact at the bank along too as sometimes he was slow to respond and we did not want the bank holding us up.

[name removed] was amazing she stuck to her commitments and she was always honest and upfront. Taking the time to explain things to us in simple language or find out the answer for us if she did not know. Never ever did she forgot to call or email us back and the fact that she managed the bank for us so they could meet our deadline to move to construction was a load off our plate.

[name removed] was friendly, professional and informative and we were sad to leave her when we moved to the construction phase. If the rest of our experience with Metricon is as good as the service we received from [name removed] then it will be happy days and we will the sales office experience behind us.

FYI - the fact our last name is Brown and so is [name removed]'s is a coincidence, we are not related.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Site supervisor made all the difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

For anyone building their first home it can be daunting and stressful. The thing that made all the difference was our site supervisor [name removed]. [name removed] was always friendly, always helpful and always willing to go the extra mile to make us happy.
If anything ever had an issue, [name removed] didn't just make sure it was corrected, he already had it organised.
We had to organise a variation from our initial sales contract and the changes and costs required were all very clear and understandable.
Metricon build great homes of superior quality even on their budget homes. A significant number of steps above builders elsewhere in the market.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Great service from start to finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

[name removed] and [name removed] were fantastic in keeping me updated with the progress of my house. Despite the fact I was required to be overseas for a majority of the construction period, they were very accommodating of my unique situation and made sure I was constantly in the loop. Their friendly service made the purchasing of my first home a breeze!

Metricon Process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

We started designing our property with Metricon 12 months ago and were very happy with the process. They booked studio appointments with us where we chose our colours patterns/ styles and electrical items for our property. The professionals who helped us were amazing and explained everything clearly to us. Unfortunately a while down the track when we were about to sign the contract, we had some unexpected financial issues which forced us to reconsider a smaller build. During this time, [name removed], a sale rep, helped us through the process of finding a smaller house and providing us with a close estimate of the cost. This helped us save at least $20-$30k. Despite all of this we didn't have enough to finance the land and build. We went through the process of putting out house on the market and had a lot of period of waiting for positive outcomes from brokers/ conveyancers etc. During this time and particularly for the last 4-5 months, [name removed] has been following up on our situation, offering any help he could. He would ring at least once a month and even if it wasn't related to the building, would offer advice on what he knew in the land and building industry.

I would recommend [name removed] from Metricon as a sales rep as he is very knowledgeable and will always double check things for you and get back to you in a timely manner. Throughout this whole process I've had to deal with conveyancers, brokers, developers and sales rep and [name removed] has been thus far the best to communicate with. He is easy to work with and will understand what you are aiming to achieve.

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

[name removed] has been quite amazing throughout the process. The experience he provided was amazing right from the start to finish. My property was ready in record time and I must say it was because of [name removed]. The regular updates and accommodating nature of the site supervisor made my first building experience an amazing one.

Appreciated the fact that an opportunity was provided to me to point out any defects that I thought needed rework. Overall I would say that the workmanship and quality was good. Also I did not encounter any issues throughout the process because of the amazing site supervisor and customer service staff allocated to me. Finally the final cost of the property was inline with what had been estimated at the start which is just amazing.

Melbourne

Private message

Perfect building in the end...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Great building structure.
Happy with overall communication.
[name removed], my supervisor has been awesome.. Thumps upp...
[name removed], Thanks boss... Nice work.
Thanks everyone for organising my dream home.

Built house via abc homes which is part of metricon. It took a while though to start the building process but it went through smoothly once the building started.

I would say if the building process is a bit quicker that they may get 6 stars.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Fantastic Site Supervisor but very poor Pre Construction Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The actual construction experience was excellent due to our amazing Site Supervisor Paul. He kept us informed of every step along the way and had our home completed within 4 months from construction start which exceeded our expectations. He really went above and beyond to ensure we had a smooth and positive building experience.
Unfortunately the pre construction experience was very poor and the customer service was lacking in nearly every aspect. We were misled during the sales process and given the run around by the colour selection team who seemed less than interested in helping us achieve our dream home.

Melbourne

Great site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Really happy with the build great house minimum things to fix on maintenance stage. Site supervisor always answers calls and replayed quickly with solutions. Office staff nice and colours was made enjoyable and easy.
I would recommend and build again with Metricon.
The paint colour came as close to what you picked out witch is good and the wood for the flooring same.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi D.L, Thanks so much for leaving us this great 5-star review! We are so pleased that our staff have made your experience enjoyable and easy. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

At last my wife and I have the new home we'd dreamt of living in after spending most of our life living in older type homes. The Delta 24MR design with the master bedroom at the rear suits us fine. Metricon has provided us with a quality home that we will simply adore in our retirement years. Admittedly there have been minor issues with the build along the way.....but none that one would lose any sleep over. Since our new and extremely busy site manager [name removed] and his team came on to the scene for the run to the finish post, he has been an inspiration, keeping on top of things and keeping us informed. We have very much appreciated [name removed] cooperation, his dedication towards quality workmanship, his helpful hints and his relaxed and friendly nature. We have also found the administration staff of Metricon a pleasure to deal with during the whole building process. Thank you METRICON.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Warren and Joanne, Thanks so much for leaving us this great review! We are thrilled that you've been able to build your dream home and very pleased that Metricon could be apart of that. It'... read more »

Best building company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

The building was built on time with no delays. Everything was delivered as discussed. Perfect service could not ask for anything more. The supervisor would provide me with constant updates ensuring I was kept up to speed with development. I highly recommend building with Metricon if you're looking for a 5 star service. Will definitely use them in the future.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi SaragonRashed, WOW - What a great 5 Star review- Thank you! We are so happy to read that our teams have provided perfect service and you couldn't ask for anything more. We thank you for you... read more »

Dream Home from Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Dont know from where should I start:We built our dream home and I am so happy with the outcome.
Building supervisor [name removed] helped us throughout our smooth journey with Metricon. Best professional customer service provided by him and answered all the questions during construction.I am so happy with his service. He is such great Building supervisor. I will definitely recommend him.I can see the WOW factor in my home....Thanks [name removed]

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Usha U, Firstly, congratulations on building your dream home - We are thrilled that you are happy with the end result. We are so glad our staff have provided you with great customer service ... read more »

Our first Construction experience was amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We had a great experience building with Metricon. We live interstate and they made every stages easy. Our Site Manager [name removed] keeps us informed throughout the whole time. [name removed] our Building Coordinator is very responsive and helpful. [name removed] our Sales Consultant she made sure we chose the right design that will fit within our budget. We had an excellent experience and would build with Metricon again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi M A and M Mojado, What a great 5-Star Review- Thank you! Its great to know our staff kept you informed throughout your journey and were always helpful. M A and M Mojado, we are thrille... read more »

We definitely will build with Metricon again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

No stress, no drama! We paid deposit, chose our colours and materials. In Feb construction was started and 1st of October was a handover of key for our first 2 store house ! 8 months! Unbelievable so quick!!! Thank you Metricon team and special thank to our site manager and sell person, both are great and easy to deal with guys! I highly recommend to choose Metricon if you are looking for peace of mind during construction and high standards!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Irina, Thanks so much for leaving this great review for our readers! We are thrilled to read that your experience has been a stress free one and our New Home Advisor and Site Manager were ea... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2018

We love our new house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

The success of our new home was down to the fabulously committed construction manager we had, [name removed]. The house was built ahead of schedule and with high quality. [name removed] was responsive and extremely on top of the logistics at all times. He was passionate about the quality of the workmanship and had a great team of tradies working on the job. Many of who said they specifically do the jobs where he is the site manager. So happy we have a beautiful new home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joe, We are pleased to know our staff and trades have successfully delivered a quality home to you well ahead of schedule for you. Congratulations on the completion of your build, it has been a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Thank you to my Supervisor [name removed] for doing a fantastic jobs from start to nearly to the end

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Since [name removed] left for long service leave, my house had been unattended jobs for 10 weeks now, I don't see not much jobs is done. I really want to [name removed] come back and finish the house for me, as is would be amazing.
I would recommend to build with Metricon. Good quality products and very helpful advice on things, thank you.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi tran, Thanks for leaving us this great review! it's great to read that you are happy with the quality of your home and that our staff have provided you with helpful advice. We are very exci... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Loving where I’ll be living

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Our build has been fantastic from start to finish. Our site supervisor has done an awesome job keeping us updated on everything and fixing any problems that have arisen. We have been pleased with the work done by all the trades and the fact that they were on site when we were told they would be and were extremely friendly & helpful. We would highly recommend Metricon Builders

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Julz, Thank you for a great 5 STAR review, we are so glad to read your build has been fantastic from start to finish. It is great to know our staff and trades have been extremely friendly and h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2019

South Gippsland Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Metricon have built our home in record time, well ahead of the proposed completion date. Staff have been friendly, helpful and approachable from the first display salesman, contract signing and to the building supervisor including handover. We had a few personal clashes with the colour consultant, however her knowledge in products were first class. Our building supervisor was organised, and true to time within his control. We look forward to the final touch ups to complete our dream home at a fine quality finish.
Thank you Metricon for being easy to work with.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dianne, congratulations on the near completion of your new family home. It is great to know our team is delivering the home in record time and that our staff have all been friendly, helpful and ... read more »

Great Experience :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Our Supervisor [name removed] was great, he kept us well informed with the progress and schedule during the build and was always easily contactable to answer any questions or clear up any concerns. Our contact in the office [name removed] was super helpful and had great customer service with a friendly and easy going manner. Overall we are very happy with the quality and workmanship that has gone into our new home. Thanks Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Hayley, Thank you so much for sharing a great 5 Star review with our readers, we are so proud to read our team has provided great customer service, always contactable, answered all your queries... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

A bit shakey at the start with admin changes and loss of build preferences, although it all smoothed out later. I am a first home buyer with little outside help and they made it very easy for me. My broker that they appointed me was also amazing. The builder was very helpful and the contact was second to none from the office to the builder himself. I haven't seen my final cost as the build is not complete.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Adam, It is great to read your experience with Metricon deserved an early review. We are glad your building process has been very easy and that our construction team has been very helpful too. ... read more »

1 of 100 pages