Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

good choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

We are very happy to move into our new house. This is the first house we have ever built. [name removed] was a very nice sales manager and he helped us whenever we need him. He was very professional and helpful, without his suggestions and help, things wouldn't be that easy for us. Thank you Metricon for a wonderful first home building experience!!

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Excellence all the way!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Very happy with our home. From initial consultation through to handover every person was friendly, helpful and professional. At times we required flexibility and phone correspondence this was always accomodated by Metricon staff. Shaun assisted us with getting started and was wonderful to work with. Metricon allowed us to make our own little personal adjustments ensuring us that our input was valued.
Ladies in customer service, accounts through to studio M all made our experience a pleasure and not at all stressful.
Our site Manager Jamie Phillips went above and beyond to make our building journey a smooth one. We had full confidence with Jamie and all the contracters working on our home. Any slight issues were resolved promptly. Final product exceeded our expectations and we are very satisfied customers. Excellent quality home. Highly recommended builder.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Metricon - Great choice!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

The Metricon experience was a great experience! This was our first time building, and the journey from start to finish was made easy & exciting. We found the staff to be very professional and helpful. Our supervisor was excellent, kept us informed along the way, and delivered a quality home prior to schedule. Family and friends love our new home as much as we do. I highly recommend Metricon homes.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Seamless Build, AMAZING Experience, Beautiful Home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

The process of building our home with Metricon was amazing!
They made such a scary, long process so seamless and easy-going, they really did all the work for us. We were thoroughly informed throughout every stage, and really felt like we were kept in the loop. Also, Metricon only request progress payments AFTER the stage is completed, so you can be guaranteed the job is done well as they are transparent.

Stewart Henderson was our site supervisor and he was incredible. He was helpful, thorough, and truly went above and beyond for our new home. He was flexible and willing to work around our schedule as needed, sometimes going out of his way to meet us on site at 6:30 in the morning. Any small comment we made was rectified as soon as possible before the next site visit, and his customer service was impeccable.

We are very happy with the quality of our new build, the customer service and overall professionalism demonstrated by the whole Metricon team. We love our new home and rented it out with no dramas, also getting a high return on it which is a reflection on the high quality. We would definitely recommend Metricon Homes to anybody looking to build, and can't wait to build another home with them in the future.

Thank you Metricon for a wonderful first home building experience!!

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Phenomenal customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

We have built with a different company before but our experience so far with Metricon's customer service has been amazing. Amy Harris at Robina has gone above and beyond to ensure our dream house was exactly how we needed it to be AND to make sure we could actually build it. We can honestly say we wouldn't be building another house if it wasn't for Amy. You deserve a raise Amy, I hope you get one!

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Wonderful new home experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

This was our first experience of building and all in all it was wonderful.

From when we walked into our first display home, to our discussions with the sales consultant where nothing was a problem and every request and change was accommodated happily, to the colour studio who guided us carefully through selecting the details of our home to the construction process itself where our site supervisor was simply wonderful. The construction process was not without some stress, as you'd expect, but what made it far easier was having a site supervisor like we did who went out of their way to make sure we could be a part of seeing our new home come to life. There were hiccups along the way, but they were dealt with professionally and all in all we are thrilled with our new home.

Thank you Metricon for making our dream a reality.

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Build my dream home and was perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Me and my wife build our first home with Metricon. It was very smooth build with Metricon we never encounter any problem.
Service provided by Metricon and team was very excellent.
Building Supervisor [name removed] was very professional and friendly. He explained every progress and details very easily (wasn't builders codes and language) every Friday.
Overall it was very smooth ride with Metricon.
Thankyou all the team involved in building our dream home a reality.
Thankyou
Rajeshor & Karuna.

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Metricon are amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

My husband and I are currently building our first home with Metricon and we are incredibly impressed with all of the staff that have been helping us throughout the build process. It has been nothing but smooth sailing from the start to now.

We started the building process in August 2017 and construction started on site on 30th November 2017 and I can say that the whole Metricon team are incredibly professional and full of knowledge. Whatever silly question that I asked, it was answered promptly. Their customer service is impeccable, I cannot fault them at all! And my team of builders are outstanding! The workmanship is amazing and again, any question is answered with lightning speed.

Metricon should be incredibly proud of the staff that work for them. I would like to thank [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed] and all of the build team.

We are so glad that we chose Metricon to build our dream home and we are counting down the days until we move in!

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Our New Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

We are very happy with the workmanship and build quality of our property from Metricon. A job well done !! Our Site Manager [name removed] kept us informed from the beginning to end. He was always on call and great to assist us with any queries we may have had .Very well managed..
. Metricon's good customer service and support enabled us to enjoy building our new home.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Easy first home build!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Being my first build I found the process smooth with Metricon. It was great fun going to the show room to make my selection and the staff there were very friendly and very helpful.
The Building Supervisor and Building Support Coordinator kept their communication open with me which was comforting. Sometimes I even advised they don't need to keep me updated regularly unless there was an issue (as I've had a busy year!) and therefore; didn't even need to hear from them for a while.
Great workmanship. Thank you for everything Metricon!

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Feedback for site manager [name removed]. Amazing work Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Thank You” just does not seem adequate enough to convey how we feel about our beautiful new home. It was a challenging project for both of us but Metricon did it! Our beautiful home was once a dream and now a reality.
Your project manager [name removed] had good knowledge and the ability to help us envision our house as it moved from a construction site and then inspired into a grand home. It is really amazing to see how the changes in this wonderful project, although stressful at times, your expertise and craftsmanship gave this house the ability to become a beautiful home in the end.
And yes, we have already had someone drive past and stop to compliment us on our new home… and that made us feel good.
It was such a great pleasure working with you and your team. Thank you for all of your patience and efforts in making this project a huge success and a beautiful one at that.
May you continue to deliver beautiful METRICON homes!”
shalin Nand & Dhenesh Ratnam

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Best First Home Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

My Building Team consisted of [name removed] and [name removed]. Both [name removed] and [name removed] were easy to get along with, highly professional and would do whatever necessary to help you with and questions or concerns. I kept a close eye on the entire building process and the house was built to an impeccable standard, [name removed] built my home as if it was his own and to a standard that he would be happy with, and he has very high standards and an amazing eye for detail. The build ran smoothly and most of all, ahead of schedule. I couldn’t be happier with my new home and cannot thank both [name removed] and [name removed] enough for their outstanding efforts and care.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Some great people built our beautiful home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Following on from all the decisions made with the great help form Studio M, from day one of meeting our construction team, we were instilled with the confidence that we would be delivered the home we planned for. Our site supervisors [name removed] and [name removed] always had time for us and [name removed] never missed a beat backing them up from the office. Everyone wants their new house to be perfect and they were even more particular about the finishes and overall quality than we were. We know others that have built with Metricon and our team definitely backed up the positive feedback we had heard.

The sequencing of works was explained and we loved being able to watch construction progress. Handover arrived well before our original anticipated date and what a boost when we found it would be delivered before the Christmas holiday break.

Jobs only run this smoothly when they are well planned and done by people who genuinely care. We engaged Metricon believing they would deliver a quality product. They did.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jan 2018

First time builder - and delivered nothing but excellence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

The whole process was so smooth. Our customer support coordinator was nothing but awesome. My block has multiple issues with it, but she went to all the right people and got all the relevant additional approvals required to get started. She kept me in the loop the entire time, and even tho it felt like a lengthy process at the time we were the first to start construction on the block - as all the other blocks were affected by the same issues. Made me feel super comfortable that my job is in the hands of knowledgeable and experienced staff.

We are getting ready for handover now, we had such an AMAZING site supervisor who constantly kept us updated. He met us on site and showed us everything, all the features of the home.
He built us a quality home in such a short amount of time.
I am super impressed with the quality of trades used and the dedication of each one.

I couldnt be happier with my build. I am looking at my next project already.
Would recommend to all family and friends.

Best decision ever - Awesome house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Going with Metricon was the best decision we made for building our new home. A huge thank you to the whole Metricon team for a job well done. I would recommend anyone to get Metricon to build your own homes. There are not enough positive words to describe the final product and the service we had during our build. All that being said it is manual labor constructing a home and you cannot expect everything to be 100% perfect and no builder ever will, but Metricon has come close with only very minor issues.

Now the details...

From the beginning at the Metricon display homes the staff were professional, friendly and very helpful. They were very cooperative with the floor plans for the home and their standard modifications and were open to additional modifications we wanted to make to the base plan. Metricon recommended that we visit MStudio prior to the official appointment to have a look and determine the style we liked and get an idea of what we wanted which we did twice without taking any information from the first visit to see if we pick the same items again, which we found very helpful. However, when it came to the official appointment we found the MStudio process to be disappointing. Although we already visited twice prior, the appointment still felt rushed and we left feeling uncertain and not confident about how the final product was going to turn out. The tile studio was extremely helpful and the appointment goes very quickly when you only have a few tiles to select. The electrical selection was also very quick and he definitely knew what he was doing and had lots of recommendations for what the ideal locations are for power points, light switches, etc. The staff from these two appointments made us feel very comfortable with what we have selected.

At our initial construction meeting with the Site/Construction supervisor, he gave us a run down of the whole construction process and we left this meeting feeling confident and that our new home was in good hands. He was very friendly and kept us informed through the weekly updates of the progress of our home. He was very responsive to questions/queries on anything we had. He managed to get us our home before Christmas and gave us the best Christmas present. All of this would not have been possible if it was not for all the background staff that also assisted that we didn't deal with directly.

The contractors that the site supervisor had working for him have done an awesome job and the quality assurance process that Metricon has goes above and beyond what we were expecting and it made it all that much more reassuring that we have the 6 months defect warranty should we find anything following handover and we have every confidence that these issues will be rectified.

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Dec 2017

LOVING my new house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I was totally and completely happy with the entire Metricon process. From the sales managers' timely email responses to all phone and email queries, to the awesome all round service and friendliness of the Customer Support Co-ordinator, to the knowledgable and friendly Site Supervisor and all the tradies. Choosing all the design items and finishes was made a really easy and organised process by the Studio M staff who are very good at calmly stepping you though the process one product at a time. Each and every process in the build progressed smoothly and even moved ahead of time. The Customer Support Co-ordinator got me council approval in record time, so the build started early and steamed ahead and I ended up with handover 2-3 months ahead of schedule. A few small issues popped up during the build but were sorted quickly and with a minimum of fuss by the Site Supervisor.
If I have one main piece of advice for anyone building a home with Metricon, or any builder, it's to not stress, not constantly be nitpicking and hovering, waiting and expecting something to go majorly wrong. I may be a bit ignorant, a bit naive about the whole process, but perhaps because I just backed off and allowed Metricon and all of their professional trades and contractors to get on with the jobs they are skilled and qualified at, my house build sailed along and I had a "dream build".

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

We experienced excellent customer service throughout our two builds with Metricon. From the colour selections through to completion we were more than satisfied with the quality, time in which our projects were completed and the service and professionalism we experienced in dealing with our site manager along with the rest of the team at Metricon. The quality of finish is to a high level and the management throughout the build process was well supervised. Our site manager went to extreme lengths in order for us to move in on the date we had asked and we are extremely impressed with his dedication to our house. We are very happy with our home and would not hesitate to recommend building with Metricon to anyone.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Damien Taylor, Thank you for sharing your amazing building experience with Metricon. It is a credit to know that the fantastic efforts of our team has resulted in another very happy Metricon cus... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Amazing experience with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Metricon, as a team made our dreams come true. From the word go we had a very satisfying experience with them.

Things were going a bit slow at the beginning in all honesty to get all the paper work done the land etc., but once they started building we were really in for a pleasant surprise. The building supervisor, [name removed] was always on top of his game. Informing us weekly of the process of the house and realistically when we can expect certain things. They also finished off well before the original hand over date which was great as it allowed us Xmas in our new house. The site manager was very flexible with meeting us on site, and was always very helpful.

I know that we would get a great house once it was all done, but I was very surprised to the attention to detail, the quality of craftsmanship and the overall rounding off of everything, you could see their aim was perfection. We had one, two minor issues after we moved in, and all it took was a call to [Name Removed] and they came the same day to fix our little issue, I was blown away at how much their clients meant to them, even after they received full payment, there was just no hassles.

Would I recommend them? Definitely they are an amazing bunch of people, that truly care about building you a house to call home. Great work Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Elsa, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with wonderful feedback on your Metricon journey. We are pleased to know you were provided with weekly updates through the construction process.... read more »

• 1 comment
Private message

Our brand new Metricon home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Our journey from visiting a display home through to moving into our own home was made possible due to the hard work of the Metricon team, in particular [name removed] and [name removed].

[Name Removed] was friendly, knowledgeable and patient while guiding us from the initial sales stage through to the contract signing. He shared relevant design options coupled with sound advice on what was (and was not) feasible.

The construction process was incredibly smooth due to [name removed]'s excellent project management. As this was our first home, [name removed]'s insights demystified the process and relieved our concerns and we eventually accepted his early advice: "sit back, relax and just pay the bills".

I appreciated his weekly progress updates as well as phone calls at other times to notify me of any issues that needed resolution - which rarely arose. He managed our expectations from the outset and exceeded them by completing construction of our home ahead of schedule, thereby allowing us to move in before Christmas.

We would have no hesitation in recommending Metricon to build your home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Stuart, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your Metricon experience. We are proud to know you were supported by our team throughout your journey from visiting our displa... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We’re very satisfied on how Metricon build our house. Since the start of the construction they were always there to support and help us. Always give updates and the staff are very friendly. Can’t believe how fast they build our house with quality result. I would highly recommend Metricon to anyone looking for house builder with Excellent job Speed and Quality!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Van A. We are thrilled to read about yet another happy Metricon customer. Thank you for providing fantastic feedback on your building experience. We are proud to know our team were friendly, sup... read more »

1 of 77 pages

Hi Metricon, we are building a Metricon Liberty in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Peter asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, thank you for your enquiry. We are dissapointed to read of the issues you are experiencing. Please allow us to seek further feedback for you by contacting us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract number or full Lot address. We look forward to your contact.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Thanks Metricon, As suggested we have contacted your customer service by email last week. So far we have not received their acknowledgement of this mail. Our recent experience has been that Metricon's NSW senior management and customer service team do not acknowledge or return emails, faxes, letters or phone calls. Many other Metricon customers we know of have had this experience. Frustrated about this, we sent an email last week directly to Metricon's Joint CEO asking him to assist Metricon's NSW team resolve their defective works. This email was received by him and was forwarded to Metricon's NSW General Manager, who has since acknowledged the communication and has promised some action involving your Executive Building Manager. We are advised that his role is to 'clean things up' Peter

Hi Metricon, I refer to the earlier question I asked you about the '6 stage quality assurance process' in your marketing communications. Thank you for listing the 5 building stages. Can you please provide some details about how each building stage is thoroughly assessed to assure ultimate quality. What processes does Metricon conduct within the building stages to assure the quality? Also, what is the 6th stage that is mentioned in Metricon's brochure? (In your response you only mention 5 stages?) Can you please provide some details, or direct me to where I can find this specific information. Please help me to understand what this actually means when my home is being built. How is Metricon different to "other builders" regarding quality. Peter

Peter asked on Jan 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, It is good you are keeping the lines of communication open. I am learning a lot from you, and it a good thing that everyone talks and communicates. All the best, sincerely.

Hi Metricon, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards, and there are differences to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are now awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How do you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Can anyone good, honest and reliable builders in the Melbourne area, who specialise in sub-dividing / building medium density houses? Many thanks

Brittany S asked on Jan 11, 2018