Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Hate where you live!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

If you're thinking about building with metricon think again! They have been building my home for 19 months now & still counting when I was told it would take 8 months, right from the beginning they have been misleading in every aspect. They have a very high turn over of staff in every department, there is no communication what so ever, they never call or email, we have been trying to contact metricon via email, phone and messages and not one person can get back to us, I find this so rude & disrespectful, every job they do has to be done twice, they laid the wrong carpet and it took 2 months of them saying they will not change it until I proved it was their mistake not ours, the quality of work is very poor, metricon do not supervise their contractors, you can not build a house from inside an office, they are not on site often enough, our house is literally sitting there & no work is getting done day after day, it's literally a days work & we could be in. there is zero support from metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi llias, we are sorry to read of the delay in completing your home. Please allow us the opportunity to escalate the matter by sending an email to customercare@metricon.com.au with reference to you... read more »

melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Super slow and bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Terrible customer service, especially the internal home selection and home comfort selection. Emails have been ignored for a month and they suddenly asked you to sign the agreed formal document with the wrong pricing and items. After writing a complaint email, then they apologise for "Not" seeing my email. It means that they have been either ignoring your mail or just cant be bothered replying to you. I sent 2 emails without any reply, then one month later asking me to sign a formal document with all the wrong pricings and items. Lucky I check, otherwise would have been ripped off by the thousands $$$

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Arie, We are dissapointed to read of your experience thus far. If further clarification is required for any items on your contract, kindly allow us to assist. Please email customercare@metricon... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Absolutely Unreliable!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Started back in November 2015. As to date 6 different site supervisor and house still not completed. Each change in site supervisor has delayed work by 3-4 weeks and each working backwards to rectify previous build defects thus causing further delay. What happen to following plans, schedule and getting it right first time. If you are building with metricon make sure to engage a independent inspection company. We have noticed a lot of corners been cut to try and finish jobs e.g. covering existing defects with paint, uneven walls, door frames, window frames and even beams not aligned and so much more. Absolutely appalled by the build quality of such a large company. Build time and quality workmanship is definitely not metricons first priority. Customer service and communication with construction support coordinator is non existent, phone calls are never returned.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Whittaker, As per our message to you on the 9th of April, we are sorry to read that you are unhappy with the progress of your home and the service from our team. Please email customercare@metri... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Never Build With Metricon Queensland

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

The Metricon Branch of Queensland are totally unprofessional and incompetent builders. Firstly they took over three weeks to get my contract and plans ready. When the contract and plans were ready, the amount from the tender and the contract price did not match so I had to go back to my bank and resubmit my loan. I informed the customer relations personnel [name removed] to put in extra in the contract so I won't be short in finances as I had no issues with finance. She still did not put in enough on the contract, so when I had to make changes the first variation had an excess of $5000+. I had to go back to my bank and redo my loan. Then came the time to select my colours in their Robina Office, that was when I was made to realise that the design and plans for the outside of the house only had the front of the house rendered. Part of the covenants where I am building needs the whole house to be rendered. The price for the whole render was already included in the contract price but the plans and design did not reflect this and they submitted these plans to covenants who obviously rejected the drawings and plans as it did not depict the whole house being rendered. They gave me an 'allowance' of only $7500 for the electricals even though I told [name removed] that I would need more and to give a bigger allowance. True enough the electrical original that they give you is NOTHING with only a blank electrical they only included 26 bayonet lamps NOTHING else and they expected me to do my whole electrical with only $7500!! I needed 8 ceiling fans and each fan costs about $400. So I went over almost $2000 on my electricals. They gave me a $7000 allowance for a shopping spree, but the contract did not include granite bench tops (be wary of this) and we wanted granite bench tops, so we ended spending almost $5000 on ganite bench tops and were left with only $2000. The contract also did not include sarking (again be wary of this) so guess where the $2000 went. I am now $7000 over my original contract budget where I have to spend my own money!! I could have easily got this from the bank a loan if she had listened to what said and increased the allowance in my contract. Now my build is delayed because they sent the wrong plans to covenants and I have to find $7000 to pay for the extra. These extras are a necessity too so much so I cant do up my house the way I wanted to at the colour selection simply because they messed up with the pricing! They also told me I cannot make anymore changes as I will be charged extra for this when they in reality screwed up my plans! I wish I had never chosen them and would have gone to a different builder. They have such a bad system and method, they add prices on after the contract is completed and when I asked to speak to a manager NOBODY has contacted me yet. I have half a mind to pull out from this build.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Shane, We are dissapointed to read you are unhappy with the contract process. Your file has been located and we are currently seeking further clarification with the relevant management team. Onc... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Shane, Thank you for your recent contact. Your matter has been escalated to our Management team and we understand our Customer Support Manager and Operations Manager have been in active commun... read more »

The post finance is a wrong process as I had already informed [Name Removed] to add extra provisions for finance in the original contract as i was approved $310000 for the build and she still kept ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Exceptionally Disappointed and Dissatisfied - cumulative errors made

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

We signed our contract on 19 December 2017 and paid our 5% deposit on 5 January 2018. We are now the 20th of March 2018 and we have not been able to move out of pre-construction phase due to cumulative errors caused by Metricon's drafting and estimation teams. So far we have had a total of 5 variations which have all been returned with estimation errors or missing requests. The last error noted was on 20 March 2018, when again items were under quoted in comparison to the actual costs charged and again items were missed from requests sent via email. Further delaying progressing out of a pre-construction phase and adding further costs to the build.

We had chosen to build our first home with this company as we trusted that Metricon was a reputable company that could accurately deliver what we sought, reducing the stress associated with building. Unfortunately our experience has not been a pleasant one in fact it has been exceptionally stressful and has resulted in many hours of meticulously going through emails, variations and plans to identify errors in an attempt to have these rectified.

After believing we had finally completed this exceptionally time consuming process we happily signed what we believed to be the final variation. We trusted that Metricon was well and truly able to accurately reflect what we had requested and we faithfully believed everything was in order. We sent this variation to our bank, an evaluation was completed and our finance was then locked in. When we received our final plans we realised there were errors - significant ones.

In fact one of the errors was so significant it resulted in a toilet being completely deleted leaving the only toilet in the house located in an ensuite. I’m sure I don’t have to point out the practicality of that and how ridiculous this error was. We patiently went back to the copious amounts of emails in an attempt to rectify the errors. Whilst this time consuming process continued to delay the commencement of our construction we had the financial pressure associated with the land settling almost 8 weeks a go The continued delays we are experiencing in progressing with this build means the more mortgage we are paying whilst we also pay rent. For a family of 5 this is completely unacceptable. This was not what we had envisioned when we selected Metricon as our building company.

After believing all errors had been rectified we opened what should have been our final variation to a substantial increase to our build. These additional costs were associated to Metricon having to put back items that they had mistakenly removed and add in the items we had requested that they had previously missed. Additionally, we were charged for a N3 wind rating 3 ($2700) 3 months after Metricon had been in receipt of it. Given we had three variations between the dates of 12 February 2018 and 27 February 2018 and not one of these reflected a $2700 costing for site works we were extremely frustrated.

Saying we are dissatisfied, disappointed, stressed, fatigued and frustrated is really an understatement. We attempted to have these errors resolved and were exceptionally disappointed with the outcome. The initial response from Metricon was they would waive the N3 wind rating and structural admin fee. Eventually Metricon advised they would provide a $4000k credit however this has not rectified all the errors and has not come close to compensating for the extra mortgage repayments and unnecessary time and stress in having errors rectified. We eventually agreed to rectify the errors ourselves at a cost outside of finance just to move out of pre-construction to avoid any further mortgage repayments.

It's a shame Metricon would not take accountability for all errors needing to be rectified. Definitely not customer focused and not a company that delivers a premium service. Not worth the stress! We would strongly recommend utilising another builder to avoid the cumulative errors that we have experienced.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi k.bush, We understand our Customer Care team have been in close communications with you last week via private message regarding your concerns. We acknowledge our Customer Relationship Team Leade... read more »

As outlined in the above review not all errors were rectified by Metricon with a $4000 credit as the wind rating alone was $2700. We were told by Metricon the wind rating and structural admin fee h... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi k.bush, we acknowledge our Customer Support team is currently working with you to ensure your concerns are addressed and transition to Construction. Should you have any further enquiries relatin... read more »

Sydney

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Dishonest and Unapologetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Metricon said yes to our requirements to get us to put the deposit in. Once we signed up we were told their commitments were a bunch of 'miscommunication' and would not be fulfilled. Then they told us you either compromise or lose your deposit.
We were lied to repeatedly and Metricon is quite unapologetic about it.
We are building our first home, so maybe we aren't as familiar with the way these things work, but we really thought Metricon was better than this. This was barely the beginning of the journey, and even though we lost our deposit, it is better to have lost a couple of grand then to risk several hundred.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mohit, We understand our Customer Care team have been in close communications with you via Private Message from 6th March to present. We confirm an outcome has been provided to you on behalf of ... read more »

You are pretending this is not an ethical issue, but a technical one.
Outcome = You won't get back any money even though you were lied into paying it, and we are not sorry for wasting your time, money and energy.
Great work resolutions team.

Lower Templestowe

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Mar 2017

very poor quality of drive way

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

It was the worst decision that we had 2 townhouses built by Metricon! The finish of the building was rough and the drive way has many very deep cracks. We have been requesting them to fix the problem but was told to Waite until their inspector comes in June. After 3 months and the inspector came and checked every thing taking many photos, he agreed it was the concrete problem and he will

would report to Metricon but never getting back until we contacted several times then we were told " it is within the quality tolerance and we can find an independent inspector and provide a report but at our cost, which they know it may be more then we fix it by our self. They are a large company and they know we can't afford to do it so they take the advantage!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi CHENG, Thank you for contacting us via Product Review and for bringing this to our attention. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to investi... read more »

Thanks, I have contacted the customer care many times but nobody cares . If you do want to solve the problem let them to contact me . Otherwise we could continue dis visiting on the website.
Regards

I have never seen a driveway as worse as Metricon made in Melbourne.

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Poor customer service and poor finishes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

The major structures of the build is fantastic and cannot be faulted. But poor customer service and poor finishes through out the house was ridiculous and unprofessional coming from a major builder. We're still waiting on four very large holes to be fixed in our cupboards due to lighting installation. When an electrician was sent around to fix it he stated Metricon should have never made such large holes to install the strip lighting and could not fix it. This was relayed to Metricon months ago and they have reported back to us that is was fixed. Not to mention we're missing a fly wire in one of the windows. Just both of these issues have been going on since July last year before even handover. Throughout the house there are poor paint finishes, which we have gotten Metricon out to fix the major ones but the painter refused to complete the cornices as he did not have enough time to do them. We had Metricon also build the deck in the alfresco area but now wish we hadn't as it costed so much more and was poorly finished and now poorly stained thanks to Metricon. And to also top it off when we found a internal chip in the side light of our front door and added it to the service list (during the 90 day service period) it was denied as we did not report it early in the service period. In terms of customer service and support - initially Metricon is very easily contactable but soon it is if their avoiding your phone calls and emails and the response is slow. It's like Metricon has a tactic to wear you down to the point where you just accept decisions they've made on your behalf. For example all our tap ware chosen was chrome but somehow their was a single black tap in the main bathroom that would come up every time we had the contract amended. It was amended probably 9 times and when we had a walk through of our build there it was a black bath tap. Their excuse was Head Office said this was right. Luckily we had all the amendments to show them this was not the case. The only major structural issue which was quickly rectified was a window was installed at floor height which I noticed when we did a site inspection and had the plans to show Metricon it was at the wrong height. My tips for those building is this: hire an external house inspector to inspector your build with each stage, inspect you build thoroughly with each stage and keep records of all your amendments and correspondence with Metricon.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Viv, We are sorry to read that you are unhappy with the service from our team and finishes of the home. Kindly send us an email to customercare@metricon.com.au for us to help ensure any outstan... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Worst Builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Oh where do I begin. The worst decision we made was to walk to Metricon display home at Tarneit . Our experience with the consultant to the colour selection team was fantastic till the contract stage. Metricon stuffed the plan and blame it on us, however we hold our ground and refused to sign the contact. The big boss above rectified the issues and we changed our mind and signed the contract. I wish I knew what was awaiting us ahead otherwise I would have not signed the contact and move to other builder like Carlisle home who value their customers. Construction commenced in June last year but we are yet to move in to our house, God knows when. After a long period of delay, we did walk through in Dec last year and we were promised to move in late January as few issues were picked by our private inspector. it has been 7 weeks now since the supervisor came back and he has been saying *soon*. The Bank finalised the payment and we are now paying the full mortgage and rental but the morons are not fixing the outstanding items.
Metricon had cancelled settlement on two occasions costing us money on living arrangement as well as deliveries. we are now under the mercy of our real estate agent to kick us out as we submitted the notice of vacation based on the settlement date the Supervisor told us. We escalated this to the construction manager and they promised to give us a date last friday however they haven't. It is now 8 weeks since they came back and no sign of moving in soon. It is taking forever to fix what an average builder would do in 2 weeks period.
I wish I could write more but all in all Metricon failed us is all fronts namely poor customer service, poor workmanship and trashy communication.
My advice to next victim is please run away from Metricon. there is absolutely nothing metric about this builder

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Samuel, We regret that you have been unhappy throughout your building experience with Metricon. Please allow us to follow up with the relevant construction team for you, kindly email customerca... read more »

Metricon has caused an extreme anxiety and distress to my family. My supervisor told me two week ago to do handover on 23/02/18 prompting me to notify my landlord to vacate his property. My landlor... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Samuel, Thank you for your recent contact. As communicated earlier, your matter has been raised with the relevant management team. As explained, the construction is still within the agreed tim... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Grievances & issues with Metricon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I would like to draw your kind attention on the grievances & issues I am suffering from last 5 months. My Contract number is 689333. During signing the contract it was promised by the Sales Consultant that the Site construction will start in Dec,17 or maximum in January,18. So based on her commitment & trust she has given me during our initial meetings with her I made up my mind to come to METRICON. I made by first Initial Payment of $1500 on 17th Sep, signed contract of sale on 23rd Sep. I opted for FAST TRACK & the final contract was signed on 18th Nov with 5% of total deposit.
Now its around 5 months since I signed the Contract of Sale & around 3 months since the FINAL CONTRACT was signed but my Customer Support Coordinator was not able to complete the paper work on time & has not been able to get BUILDING PERMIT yet, while as per the clause of the contact its clearly states that it should come with 30 days of signing the contract (in my case you even don’t need developer approval as well). Adding further to it, My Building Construction loan has already been approved along back in early Dec,17 itself & I gave all the required documents “Bank Loan Approval Letter”, “ Signed Loan Documents” & “Title of land on my Name.” to my Customer Support Coordinator & Sales Coordinator on 12th Dec,17 itself. Then as per the contract BUILDING PERMIT has to be applied within 14days of submitting these documents.
When I asked for update yesterday, [name removed] told me that she applied for BUILDING PERMIT just couple of days back only on 12th Feb,18 but I called the council today & they clearly told me that there is no such request/application for Building permit they have received for my block of land. So don’t know what the truth then.
Also she came up with a new story now that a “Build Over Easement permit” is also required which will take another 20 days. As per my Estate Engineering plan & Plan of Subdivision there seems to be no easement on the block. If anyways there is an easement on the block of land,why was it not noticed long back when the plan was finalised. Why she suddenly realised after 4-5 months a “Build Over Easement permit” is also required. Now I strongly feels that Customer Support Coordinator is simply bluffing us & delaying unnecessary the Site Start. Most of the times when I call the customer support coordinator, her phone goes in Voice mails & she never calls back. Not at all happy with her customer handing skills.

I am so much frustrated & upset now with such a slow response of Metricon team due to their unnecessary delay of starting the SITE CONSTRUCTION further & further & their inability to complete the required documentation on time. I am already paying a heavy mortgage to the bank on my Vacant Land & under lot of financial burden.

Alternatively if I call sales coordinator to ask for any updates, she also tells me that I will check with CSC & let you know. But she also doesn’t call back. Also now she has started ignoring calls from my mobile number as well. But if dial from some other number she receives the call & tells the same thing that I will get back to you but never calls back.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mohit, As communicated to you via private message, we have escalated your matter to the relevant management team. Once a review is complete, a member of our team will be in contact with you. W... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Mohit, Thank you for your recent contact. Your matter has been escalated and we understand our Victorian Operations Manager has been in contact with you directly. As explained, once a Building ... read more »

Clyde

• 1 helpful vote

Bad start

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I have an external building supervisor that found defects on the pre pour. But concrete was poured without confirmation from client. Was told to that they cannot hold the pouring of concrete on the slab.
Explanations were given only after the fact and after emailing by building coordinator. Very unsatisfied with this experience. I do not know my building permit number.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi wry, We acknowledge this matter has been resolved, as confirmed by you in private message on Wednesday 21st February. All items have been completed and your build has progressed. Should you have... read more »

Brick issue

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

The brick colour for the external wall of the house came out after it was washed. So the brick company asked another company to get it painted with 25 years warranty. After a few months, a lot of the brick colour changed with black spot every where. The site manager at that time promised it would be fixed before the settlement date that was March 2017. However, it was not done in time so it was listed as a settlement item to be fixed asap. However, after one year this brick issue still not yet fixed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joseph and Esther, We are aware of your concerns and will escalate the matter to management immediately for you. A member of our team will be in contact as soon as the matter is reviewed. We apo... read more »

Until today no one have contacted us concerning this issue. We have waited for more than a year already, When is Metricon going to act on this??

• 4 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

After settlement Metricon simply vanished, supervisors corrupt with the plumber, Office ignore me, n

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

1st issue: Supervisor gave me the plumber name and number told me while he connect the water pipes around the house I could ask him to connect the sub water meter for the attached granny flat. I called this plumber quoted me $5000 just to put the sub water meter and No invoice is given to me and I have to make decision on the day, I was confuse but suspect something is not right so I called Metricon office told a lady about this, a few weeks later this supervisor resign from Metricon.
2nd issue: The Manager of the supervisor called me told me that our supervisor left Metricon, I told him we wanted to keep the 6 pallets of bricks that were left over, he has no problem told me to mention this to the new supervisor, I did on the induction called from the new supervisor and he said no problem, I told him we will clear the backyard and move all the bricks to the back so it won't bother his worker, but just a day after we clear the back, we discovered all our bricks ware taken away and left us only 50 bricks (we suspect he sold it privately). when we question him about this he put blame on the previous supervisor, but that is not right we also advised him too. After wrote an email to the office and to his Manager. He promised to return 3 pallets the following week on the day that we settle, he promise to take away the construction items that left in our bins, he also told us we will receive interim certificate from the office the next day. Nothing happened, a few weeks later we were told by the Manager that he no longer work with Metricon. I messages and sent emails to the office about the missing bricks, because of the missing bricks, we have to hold up the bricklayer, the concreter and the gardener. We were waiting for the supervisor's promise we missed out the order of new bricks from Austral before Christmas break, we end up have to spend extra $1,400 buying new bricks and delaying everyone and now the Manager also on ‘compassionate leave’ until further notice. This has to be corrupted within the supervisors.
3rd issue: We got 3 plumbers to quote for the sub water meter install for the Granny Flat, 3 of them confirmed that the pipe connection from the water meter from the garden to the house is still in temporary pipe and missing water meter. We demolish the old house and rebuild, before Metricon started the construction the water meter was there, while during the construction after the bricks was up and plumbing job was done, I did notice the water meter area is different, but I thought maybe that’s how they do things during construction, it never come across my mind that the water meter was missing. Only last 2 weeks we had a plumber to check the pipe, we than realised not only they did not change the pipe connection to the house and they did not install back the water meter. I question them about the meter, Metricon totally deny it and I question their plumber M&K Plumbing, they also deny it, now the meter mysteriously disappear during construction, who would steal an old water meter and reconnecting another pipe to replace the meter, this has to be a plumber who knows how to do job.
4th issue: 22/11/17 settlement, we got nothing done, we could not put the house on rent because we don’t have the Interim Certificate. I have to call Council and find out from Council who my approval of Occupational Certifier than call them to find out that Metricon never provide them 2 documents that they needed in order for me to receive an Interim Certificate. I was ignore by Metricon after the settlement. I felt as Metricon has vanish from the world.
The supervisor pressure us quickly do the inspection on 31/10/2017 and still with items not yet completed and that day was consider the "Practical Completion" and a few days later we received an email from icare HBCF given us the date defect warranty date started 31/10/2017 and this date is consider the date as "Final Occupancy or Possession", I dispute this date because up the this day I still have not yet received the Interim Certificate, we could not have anyone to live in.
We scarified $2500 deposit from Eagle Homes, thinking Metricon has a better review, I have build houses 3 times before Metricon and never come across such low act and corrupted internally and I have never come across a big company had internet problem for 4 weeks according to the "Building Support Team Leader" and the Manager, such a low excuses!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JKL, We are sorry to read of the events that occurred during your build with Metricon. Please allow us to follow up with the business to ensure your concerns are being addressed. Kindly email c... read more »

Private message

Terrible customer service, poor design

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Our block has a slope and when we approached Metricon on how they would build they said it was easy. When we were going through the planning process the sales person advised us the left hand side would have a retaining wall that would be unnoticeable and the right hand side would have a slight batter the size of a small garden bed. What we have ended up with is a batter so high on the right that we had to put in a retaining wall of 1.6 – 1.8M high with a fence on top of that (an unplanned expense of $32K) and the left side elevated so high it is nearly at the top of the fence that borders with our neighbour. This has created a huge privacy issue for us as we now have 3 lots of neighbours who can see straight into our house and garden area. When you stand there you feel like you are on a platform. It really is awful and should never have been designed like that.

When we realised this (which was not at all clear from the plans) we asked Metricon to not proceed with the outdoor room. This would have allowed us to have some ability to partially fix the privacy issue with landscaping. Metricon refused our request It is very disappointing that Metricon would not help us to fix an issue that they themselves caused by poor design from their team. Other builders and our landscaper were very surprised to hear Metricon refused our request which would have been very easy to accommodate at that stage of the build. We are now left with the issue of having a very expensive home built on a very expensive block of land which has no privacy. Who would design such a site plan?

On the left hand side there is a gap of about 40cm between the fence and retaining wall which will forever be an ugly unsightly ditch. Then we have a fence which borders with the neighbour which is a safety risk as someone can easily fall over and the drop is about 1.8m. This is a non compliant fence line which is a health and safety issue. It was only when we pointed this out to Metricon that they then went to the council to apply a permit for us to fix this by adding screening (at our expense of course). This is still not approved by council. None of this was disclosed to us up front. We are now facing incurring tens of thousands of dollars fixing up this ugly mess on top of the extra we have already spent on the retaining wall on the right (which was never supposed to be there). Plus the landscaping costs we will incur in trying to screen out 3 lots of neighbours. What a mess....

When I called the council to get some advice the senior planning officer advised me that Metricon should not be allowed to build in metropolitan Melbourne as their house designs just can’t cope and they end up leaving their customers with unsatisfactory and sometimes non-compliant house designs.

We have also experienced endless frustration from Metricon office staff. Every department seems to be totally incompetent. We have had endless errors, delays, and all round poor customer service. They slip things into your plans or contract at the last minute without telling you – change a window, move a door opening and don’t advise you and you are stuck with it. You get so fatigued with the whole process you don’t pick these errors up. They are way too expensive for the outcome and the treatment that you receive. There is absolutely no quality control – it just doesn’t exist there. For me, Metricon = incompetence!! They have cheap and nasty processes, yet they charge top dollar. Don’t trust your most valued asset to be built by this company.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Unhappy,
As communicated via email, we acknowledge your concerns and the matter is being reviewed. Once completed, an official response will be provided to you in writing.

Metricon Official

Good Morning Unhappy, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we regret you are dissatisfied with our service. The matter has been raised with the business for future improvements, ... read more »

Typical "I don't care" response from Metricon. No other house in the street has such a terrible site plan an lack of privacy. Just not good enough.

boxhill

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Bad experience!!! Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I am very distressed to report that over the course of the past seven months my husband and myself have had ongoing problems with Metricon Official. In summary, we initially approached this partnership with the expectation that they would be a professional company committed to delivering quality services in a timely and honest manner. Unfortunately they have failed us on a multiplicity of occassions. We initially paid them a $1500 deposit with the understanding that Metricon would prepare a floor plan for us based on our discussions with them during which time we clearly stipulated what we were seeking. At the time they assured us that they would certainly be able to prepare our floor plan based on the provided metrics and said they would have this ready for us within a matter of weeks. Well after 3 months of waiting and numerous attempts to contact them we were finally provided with a floor plan that was entirely different to the originally agreed upon plan!!! Because on the unexpected delay we had to pay interest on our deposit and were suddenly told that our agreed upon floor plan was now actually no longer possible. (The reason they provided was apparently due to the location of our neighbours window which they said would obstruct their north light had our plan be furnished.) Needless to say this they should have known this and communicated this to in our initial discussions with them. This would have saved us three months, unnecessary deposit interest and enabled us to adjust our entire project deadline. Fast forward an additional 4 months (bringing us now to seven months since placing our deposit) and to this day we have no further update on our new floor plan, nor do we have the capacity to move forward with our colour selection or sign our contract. We were promised by Metricon that the initial floor plan would take a few weeks to produce and that the colour selection and contract would be finalised two weeks later. To be honest this had been a very disappointing experience and it is really unacceptable for a company of this magnitude and caliber to be operating in such a unprofessional and divisive manner. Metricon service a very large client base and should have much more professional lines of communication and treat all clients, whether they be large-scale or smaller with the same level of professionalism and respect. Metricon was unfortunately the antithesis of professional. I highly urge anyone considering hiring Metricon for a future project not to waste their time and their money.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bonny, We are dissapointed to read of the delay in completing your plans. Please allow us to follow up for you by contacting us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au providing reference to ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Do not build with Metricon!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

We brought a house and land package with Metricon with their “home solutions” team.
The price you spend with them is obviously the way you get treated.
Our build started in September 2017 and was completed by January 2018. Happy with the build time however not with the amount of errors the site manager did not pick up.
As we were not made aware that walk throughs had to be booked in “if you want one”. We did not see any of these dramas until the final inspection or the few weeks prior when we visited the house on a weekend.
1 - laminate flooring must have a expansion trim, the display house does not have the expansion trim and our plans also do not reflect this. So when we visited and noticed a large ugly aluminium trim sitting right in the middle of the hall way we got the shock of our lives. Upon asking Metricon about it, they mentioned it’s aust standard which we understand however when I asked for it to be replaced by the matching timber colour they advised this cannot be done. I then contacted PTF (supplier) myself and they indeed advised there is the perfect match, Metricon just we’re not willing to supply this for my “type” of house.
2 - customer support throughout the whole process were disgusting. We were treated like a number and not people. We had 6 different customer support team members as obviously no one knows their job or can keep it? The staff are RUDE and do not know what customer service is!
3 - the biggest one of them all, on the final walk through I noticed the pantry door would not open to it’s full capacity as it was hitting the shelving when being opened. The builder advised me to “check my plans” because what he had done is correct. I then checked my plans a few days after and noticed that indeed the door should open. After mentioning this to the builder, he assessed the house and it’s structure to find that our second living room wall had been built 9cm to long, causing our bedroom 2 to be larger & pantry to be smaller. To rectify this issue they gave us 3 options. First one was to pull down all the structure which was incorrect and to fix it, approx a month to fix. Second was to swing the door outwards instead of going the correct “inwards” as per the plans, approx one day to fix. Third was to cut down the door size in the pantry to a 620mm door which is rediculously small to be a full walk in pantry, no given time to fix as they would have to build & order a smaller door.
As we had ended our lease at our current rental because we were told we would be moving by the week of the 15th of Jan, we chose to swing the door outwards and asked for $1000 compensation for their stuff up. We thought $1000 was fair as it would cost Metricon in excess of $20K to fix it as 4 walls had to be pulled down, carpet would have to be relayed and laminate flooring would have to be redone also.
Metricon advised they would not be providing any financial compensation and if I wanted it fixed properly I should choose the knock down option.
Once having the door fixed I met the site manager at our brand new home he mentioned that 2 things needed fixing if we still wanted hand over that day.
1 - the concreters need to come back and grind down the lip of the garage so the roller door would shut flush. Told it would be a tiny job.
2 - the cabinet makers need to come back and alter one door so it has no gap between cupboard and oven. Mentioned it would be a really quick fix.
As I was desperate and had to get those keys, I said any alterations which needed to be fixed could be done once we were in.
Well was I stupid. The concreters have now been 2 times and still cannot get it right. The cabinet makers now have to make me a new cabinet door as the job to fix the “little gap” is actually huge and my oven and floor would have to be taken out to fix the job. The door was the next quick fix I went for, which will just hide the gap as I don’t want my floor ruined..

Since moving into this house, we have had plumbers out also because there was no pressure in the ensuite shower.
I have more to add to this but as you can see. It’s a list of never ending jobs that Metricon are incompetent at completing.
Not impressed with them and am giving you all the warning to NEVER build with Metricon.
Also, when we were given the contracts to sign for the house, we were given no time to read prior to signing. As first home buyers we weren’t aware of what was going on until later.
Oh also, as we went to hang a tv unit on the wall, we have noticed the builder has not spaced the timber frame correctly. Some are 620 apart, some are 640 apart and some even reach 680 apart. Which makes it hard to hang something perfectly.
We have contacted the building ombudsman to help us with the large errors & compensation.

Never ever again.
Furious.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Zoe, as previously communicated, we have received your concerns submitted on 2nd February. The matter is being escalated and an update will be provided in the earliest time possible. Your patien... read more »

Hi. Product review published my review automatically.

Metricon Official

Hi Zoe, As communicated via email: We regret that you have been unhappy throughout your journey. Your feedback is important to us and has been brought to the attention of our Management team for ... read more »

• 3 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Awful experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

We found some staff to be rude, and customer service poor. Sales staff promised we could choose from everything in their M studio for upgrades but when attended meeting were not allowed. Only received contract about 1 hour before due to sign. We got our planning permit, then were told by metricon, the build permit was denied, we later found out due to Metricons error, the slab needed to be upgraded further from the initial upgrade we were already paying for, this resulted in Metricon asking us for thousands of dollars more despite having already signed a building contract. This meant we had to apply for additional funds. Which luckily we were able to get. The mistake by Metricon in their initial plans for the slab delayed the build start by many months adding more financial pressure and stress to us.
Be aware you may have to pay $5000 out of area building charge, which we later found out other builders do not charge. Metricon are building many houses locally to us and we are only 1 hr from Melbourne CBD.
Sub standard windows, many damaged. Laminate bathroom surface, not splash proof, laminate started lifting within weeks, replaced once and same thing happened to new surface. We are still having ongoing issues needing to be resolved over a year down the line, which we have now been forced to go to the Department of Building Dispute Resolution Victoria. Consider other builders if on the Mornington Peninsula, as there are many to choose from. All of the above issues have and are still causing us much stress.
One good thing the site manager was friendly and approachable, and tried to help us with some of the problems.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Wells, we are sorry to read you are unhappy with your Metricon experience. Please allow us to ensure any outstanding concerns are being addressed. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au refer... read more »

I appreciate your response, but we have been in contact with one of your warranty managers for many months with no resolve, and apparently he also involved his manager....but have had no correspon... read more »

Hi Wells,
We have every intention to help resolve your concerns. If there is anything we can assist with please don't hesitate to contact us via the email provided.
Metricon Customer Care

• 1 question
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

The worst customer service imaginable, constant broken promises.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Zero Stars!!!!!

I honestly cannot comprehend how this organisation can receive any good feedback, If I could select zero stars I would but unfortunately I have to select one to submit this review.
My wife and I have been given the run around now for almost 3 months and are constantly being ignored by everyone. We never EVER get called back by the people we have been chasing, or emails replied to, despite so many promises. Perhaps we are just very unlucky but we are beginning to think its on purpose. I won't name names because that's not appropriate on this platform, but its just totally unacceptable to treat a potential customer so poorly. We honestly cannot find any positives from the whole ordeal, we've never ever experienced so many broken promises, we were purely after simple answers regarding our home prior to signing off on the contract, but that seems too difficult from Metricon. In the end my wife and I were left with no option but to cancel our build with Metricon and have asked for our price lock deposit of $1,500 back. All other builders we have spoken to (as well as VCAT) have assured us that we are 100% legally entitled to have that refunded but now they are stalling once again. I cancelled several days ago and have asked for a written acknowledgement that our contract is cancelled and we have been refunded. Now they are saying it has to be approved by a member of senior management which just stinks of suspicion to me. However we are fully aware of our rights under Australian Consumer law so if they want to play games we are equiped. Honestly we just wish we never ever walked through the doors of Metricon, it has been the most stressful, frustrating few months and a complete waste of our time. They do not care at all about customer service, in fact I don't see a shred of customer service in existance within Metricon. Too big for their boots is what they are.

My wife actually built a home with Metricon 9 years ago and had a terrible experience then also. We relied on Product Review this time and due to the score we really thought they had upped their game and improved considerably, how wrong we were!!! There are so many other builders out there who will treat you with the dignity and respect that you deserve, not flat out ignore you like Metricon.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Pat, We understand our Customer Care team have been in close communications with you this week and have addressed your concerns in writing on Wednesday 31st January. We acknowledge your request ... read more »

sydney

• 11 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Poor after sales service. Tradies won't turn up.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

We've been in our new Metricon house for 4 months now. Our air conditioner was damaged on hand over day by a neighbour's runaway empty water tank. It still worked but was meant to be replaced ASAP. After 4 months it still hasn't been replaced. Well it finally died altogether 10 days ago on a 43 degree day. We logged the repair with Metricon & spoke to our supervisor in person as he was at another build around the corner. Told repairs would be done that day. Waited all day. No one turned up. Told sorry, tomorrow. Waited at home all the next day, no one turned up. Told sorry (again), will definitely be fixed tomorrow.

My husband had to leave me at hospital waiting for surgery & go home because we were told someone was coming to fix the air con. Surprise surprise, no one turned up.

It's now been 10 days, still no air con. I had surgery & came home to an unbearable house to recover, still not fixed. No one has appeared despite numerous assurances from our supervisor and days spent waiting at home for nothing.

Now we've been told by the air con company the earliest date to expect someone is 7th of Feb, (3 weeks after it died) and that there was no chance anyone could have come earlier.

Great service Metricon. Apparently you guys can't work out something as simple as who fixes your air conditioners. Meanwhile, our supervisor also told us last week a plasterer was coming today to complete a number of repairs. Again I stayed at home all day, waiting for said plasterer. Did anyone turn up? You guessed it. Nope. Fail Metricon. I'm not wasting any more of my time waiting for your repairers who don't bother to turn up.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mel, We are disappointed to read you are not happy and hope to investigate this matter further regarding your air-conditioner and plaster. Please provide your Metricon Contract Reference number ... read more »

Update 1.2.18. Details provided. Day 13 with no a/c. No one has even turned up to look at it. Call received from our supervisor. Apparently our issue has been 'escalated to the Area Manager'. Not m... read more »

Update 2.2.18. Still no one has turned up. Day 14 with no a/c. No apologies from Metricon. All I got was this email; 'Thank you for contacting Metricon Customer Care, we have received your concern... read more »

Terrible experience with Metricon VIC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

We signed the final contract Hampshire 45 with provisional facade on 24/8/2017 with Metricon VIC after some modification with a widened window to 1700mm wide and front entry door. Building construction commenced on Oct/2017 and we noticed that the front entry door was widened as planned but the arched window upstairs in bedroom one was installed the original, unwidened 1200mm window instead. After multiple attempts to resolve the dispute, we were told that Metricon was following the final contract even though the elevation/floor plan is correct (widened to 1700mm width), there are obvious discrepancies with the elevation/floor plan and contract, no one has brought it to our attention until we found the wrong size window was installed. They denied any wrongdoing on their part and refused responsibility for the matter although it was clearly their fault.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi James, We understand Management have reviewed this matter and your concerns have been addressed in writing on Tuesday 23rd January, 2018. Should you have any further enquiries, please contact yo... read more »

The coordinator is absolutely useless, asymtomatic and arrogant, refusing to admit any wrongdoing from Metricon, it has been like talking to a wall. My wife rang her and left a message without any ... read more »

1 of 83 pages