Filter By:

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A sales and marketing company that DO NOT deliver on quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

A terrible build and almost a year later, we are still trying to have defective and outstanding items fixed and finished. If we had our time again, we WOULD NOT BUILD WITH METRICON! They are honestly so terrible to deal with. There is no customer care during or post-construction. We paid large amounts of money for upgraded items like Shadowline ceiling instead of cornices. The timbers were bowed and not straightened and now we are left with a poor quality result. They were happy to take our money though did not deliver on quality. Do not believe them when they say they have "stringent quality assurance" they have their own representatives come in an sign off on quality while our own inspection reports states their work to be defective. Go to a home building company that actually care about delivering a quality product at the end of the build.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JAM, Thank you for your recent contact via Facebook, Instagram and Product Review. As communicated today, we understand our service and warranty team has been in regular contact with you. A lis... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

[name removed] has been quite amazing throughout the process. The experience he provided was amazing right from the start to finish. My property was ready in record time and I must say it was because of [name removed]. The regular updates and accommodating nature of the site supervisor made my first building experience an amazing one.

Appreciated the fact that an opportunity was provided to me to point out any defects that I thought needed rework. Overall I would say that the workmanship and quality was good. Also I did not encounter any issues throughout the process because of the amazing site supervisor and customer service staff allocated to me. Finally the final cost of the property was inline with what had been estimated at the start which is just amazing.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sameer, Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience with our readers. We are proud to read that the process has been amazing from the start to finish for you. It's great to know our t... read more »

Private message

Perfect building in the end...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Great building structure.
Happy with overall communication.
[name removed], my supervisor has been awesome.. Thumps upp...
[name removed], Thanks boss... Nice work.
Thanks everyone for organising my dream home.

Built house via abc homes which is part of metricon. It took a while though to start the building process but it went through smoothly once the building started.

I would say if the building process is a bit quicker that they may get 6 stars.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ahmed, Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review! We are pleased to read that you have been happy with the overall communication our teams have provided. Congratulations... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Fantastic Site Supervisor but very poor Pre Construction Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The actual construction experience was excellent due to our amazing Site Supervisor [Name Remeoved]. He kept us informed of every step along the way and had our home completed within 4 months from construction start which exceeded our expectations. He really went above and beyond to ensure we had a smooth and positive building experience.
Unfortunately the pre construction experience was very poor and the customer service was lacking in nearly every aspect. We were misled during the sales process and given the run around by the colour selection team who seemed less than interested in helping us achieve our dream home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Michael, Thank you for your kind review. We are proud to read your Site Manager did an amazing job, keeping you informed and ensured a smooth and positive building experience. We also value the... read more »

Great site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Really happy with the build great house minimum things to fix on maintenance stage. Site supervisor always answers calls and replayed quickly with solutions. Office staff nice and colours was made enjoyable and easy.
I would recommend and build again with Metricon.
The paint colour came as close to what you picked out witch is good and the wood for the flooring same.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi D.L, Thanks so much for leaving us this great 5-star review! We are so pleased that our staff have made your experience enjoyable and easy. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

At last my wife and I have the new home we'd dreamt of living in after spending most of our life living in older type homes. The Delta 24MR design with the master bedroom at the rear suits us fine. Metricon has provided us with a quality home that we will simply adore in our retirement years. Admittedly there have been minor issues with the build along the way.....but none that one would lose any sleep over. Since our new and extremely busy site manager [name removed] and his team came on to the scene for the run to the finish post, he has been an inspiration, keeping on top of things and keeping us informed. We have very much appreciated [name removed] cooperation, his dedication towards quality workmanship, his helpful hints and his relaxed and friendly nature. We have also found the administration staff of Metricon a pleasure to deal with during the whole building process. Thank you METRICON.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Warren and Joanne, Thanks so much for leaving us this great review! We are thrilled that you've been able to build your dream home and very pleased that Metricon could be apart of that. It'... read more »

Best building company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

The building was built on time with no delays. Everything was delivered as discussed. Perfect service could not ask for anything more. The supervisor would provide me with constant updates ensuring I was kept up to speed with development. I highly recommend building with Metricon if you're looking for a 5 star service. Will definitely use them in the future.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi SaragonRashed, WOW - What a great 5 Star review- Thank you! We are so happy to read that our teams have provided perfect service and you couldn't ask for anything more. We thank you for you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Terrible pre construction experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Had a terrible preconstruction experience. The consultant allocated for studioM appointment is a dud as she missed out more than 50 percent of upgrades or items. We finished our appointment in less than 2 hours which should usually take more than 3 hours if everything is covered. As a first home buyers, we are unaware of most of the things. By the time we realised that we missed out something, Metricon never helped or supported us for the changes only because they need to work hard. I was told i need to pay penalty if i change anything and i was ready for that too.They sent me all the quotes for the changes including penalty rates but the very next day morning they changed their mind and said they are not ready to make any changes as it takes 4 weeks.
Anyway, its our bad luck to go with Metricon. Will write an other review after construction is complete.
"AS A 1ST HOME OWNERS, WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD OUR HOUSE AS WE WANT :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Vimal, We are sorry to read of your experience. If you could please allow us the opportunity to look into this further. We have sent you a private message requesting your lot address and job n... read more »

I haven't received any private message from you. If you could provide me your official email address, i will send you my lot address and job number.

Thanks.

Details sent.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

No follow up calls. Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I have been really disappointed with the service that have been provided by my supervisor. No follow up calls. They told us initially you will be getting weekly update calls from your supervisor which never happened. They messed up my mirror orders and now the house is getting delayed. I will not be putting up with this service anymore. Someone needs to follow up asap for me.
I don't get how hard it is to give someone a phone call and let them know what is happening at the site. Will never recommend Metricon to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Gurpinder, we are sorry to hear that no one has contacted you. We have sent you a private message requesting your contract details or full lot address, so we can locate your file and follow thi... read more »

Dream Home from Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Dont know from where should I start:We built our dream home and I am so happy with the outcome.
Building supervisor [name removed] helped us throughout our smooth journey with Metricon. Best professional customer service provided by him and answered all the questions during construction.I am so happy with his service. He is such great Building supervisor. I will definitely recommend him.I can see the WOW factor in my home....Thanks [name removed]

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Usha U, Firstly, congratulations on building your dream home - We are thrilled that you are happy with the end result. We are so glad our staff have provided you with great customer service ... read more »

Our first Construction experience was amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We had a great experience building with Metricon. We live interstate and they made every stages easy. Our Site Manager [name removed] keeps us informed throughout the whole time. [name removed] our Building Coordinator is very responsive and helpful. [name removed] our Sales Consultant she made sure we chose the right design that will fit within our budget. We had an excellent experience and would build with Metricon again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi M A and M Mojado, What a great 5-Star Review- Thank you! Its great to know our staff kept you informed throughout your journey and were always helpful. M A and M Mojado, we are thrille... read more »

We definitely will build with Metricon again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

No stress, no drama! We paid deposit, chose our colours and materials. In Feb construction was started and 1st of October was a handover of key for our first 2 store house ! 8 months! Unbelievable so quick!!! Thank you Metricon team and special thank to our site manager and sell person, both are great and easy to deal with guys! I highly recommend to choose Metricon if you are looking for peace of mind during construction and high standards!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Irina, Thanks so much for leaving this great review for our readers! We are thrilled to read that your experience has been a stress free one and our New Home Advisor and Site Manager were ea... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2018

We love our new house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

The success of our new home was down to the fabulously committed construction manager we had, [name removed]. The house was built ahead of schedule and with high quality. [name removed] was responsive and extremely on top of the logistics at all times. He was passionate about the quality of the workmanship and had a great team of tradies working on the job. Many of who said they specifically do the jobs where he is the site manager. So happy we have a beautiful new home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joe, We are pleased to know our staff and trades have successfully delivered a quality home to you well ahead of schedule for you. Congratulations on the completion of your build, it has been a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Thank you to my Supervisor [name removed] for doing a fantastic jobs from start to nearly to the end

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Since [name removed] left for long service leave, my house had been unattended jobs for 10 weeks now, I don't see not much jobs is done. I really want to [name removed] come back and finish the house for me, as is would be amazing.
I would recommend to build with Metricon. Good quality products and very helpful advice on things, thank you.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi tran, Thanks for leaving us this great review! it's great to read that you are happy with the quality of your home and that our staff have provided you with helpful advice. We are very exci... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Loving where I’ll be living

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Our build has been fantastic from start to finish. Our site supervisor has done an awesome job keeping us updated on everything and fixing any problems that have arisen. We have been pleased with the work done by all the trades and the fact that they were on site when we were told they would be and were extremely friendly & helpful. We would highly recommend Metricon Builders

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Julz, Thank you for a great 5 STAR review, we are so glad to read your build has been fantastic from start to finish. It is great to know our staff and trades have been extremely friendly and h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2019

South Gippsland Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Metricon have built our home in record time, well ahead of the proposed completion date. Staff have been friendly, helpful and approachable from the first display salesman, contract signing and to the building supervisor including handover. We had a few personal clashes with the colour consultant, however her knowledge in products were first class. Our building supervisor was organised, and true to time within his control. We look forward to the final touch ups to complete our dream home at a fine quality finish.
Thank you Metricon for being easy to work with.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dianne, congratulations on the near completion of your new family home. It is great to know our team is delivering the home in record time and that our staff have all been friendly, helpful and ... read more »

Great Experience :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Our Supervisor [name removed] was great, he kept us well informed with the progress and schedule during the build and was always easily contactable to answer any questions or clear up any concerns. Our contact in the office [name removed] was super helpful and had great customer service with a friendly and easy going manner. Overall we are very happy with the quality and workmanship that has gone into our new home. Thanks Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Hayley, Thank you so much for sharing a great 5 Star review with our readers, we are so proud to read our team has provided great customer service, always contactable, answered all your queries... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

A bit shakey at the start with admin changes and loss of build preferences, although it all smoothed out later. I am a first home buyer with little outside help and they made it very easy for me. My broker that they appointed me was also amazing. The builder was very helpful and the contact was second to none from the office to the builder himself. I haven't seen my final cost as the build is not complete.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Adam, It is great to read your experience with Metricon deserved an early review. We are glad your building process has been very easy and that our construction team has been very helpful too. ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Love our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

This was our first time building a home, and although others predicted headaches and drama, we genuinely enjoyed the experience.
From our initial designs with [name removed], through the Studio M selections with [name removed], and finally construction with [name removed], each step was handled professionally and made our build the success it has become.
A huge thank you to all involved, but especially to [name removed] for his supervision and communications during the build phase, and to [Name Removed] in the office for answering all of our queries, we knew we were with the right team.
We are beyond pleased with the quality of workmanship in all areas of our home and would definitely recommend Metricon to anyone looking for a fantastic company to work with.
We are definitely loving our new home!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Steve and Michelle, Thanks so much for leaving us this great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your first building experience and that you are loving your new home! Steve and Michelle, we w... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Bribie Island Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

METRICON - Building with a difference! No stress!

“Building It’s such a stressful experience” that’s what we’ve always heard from family and friends who have built their own homes.

Metricon exceeded our expectations!

We just got the keys to our new beautiful home and we couldn’t be happier.

Starting with [name removed] who went out of his way to adjust the house we have designed on a piece of paper to one of the Metricon’s.

Contrary to others, [name removed] didn’t just gave us books for us to pick a house like all major and well known builders out there did when we showed them what we wanted on our own design.

Not only Metricon homes are the most beautiful ones and with highest quality in our view, [name removed]’s approached was completely different and stood apart to all others when he looked at our design. His attitude was a plus and very welcoming, one of first reasons why we’ve chosen Metricon. He help us to choose one of Metricon homes very similar to what we wanted and made all the necessary changes to match our design.

From that point on, all the staff we dealt with in the different stages of the process was, without exception, professional, diligent and kind.

Then [name removed] was appointed as our project manager. [name removed] is not only an extremely good and reliable professional, but also such a pleasant and friendly individual easy to deal with. Every single Friday he would give us a call updating the progress of the house.

He truly went out of his way to provide us with the most wonderful experience of building our home and putting our mind at peace. Thank you [name removed] you were absolutely awesome!

[name removed] was our building support coordinator and her attentive and prompt reply to our numerous emails with many questions and doubts were dealt with immediately. No issues, big or small, were ever overlooked and you both, [name removed] and [name removed] did an outstanding job to resolve them all.

Last but not least we thank you all at Metricon, many we never met, working behind the scenes to ensure we would meet our expectations.

Well done Metricon. What an excellent team! Thank you for providing us with such a wonderful experience and making our dream to come true.
Our home is beautiful!

Keep up with your good work
Jeff and Delia

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joey, Thanks so much for leaving this very kind 5-star review! We are so happy to hear you are happy with your new home and that all of our staff have provided you with excellent service,... read more »

2 of 101 pages