Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Excellent quality build and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Metricon built this home on behalf of their subsidiary Australian Building Company (ABC Homes Pty Ltd). The initial sales was done by ABC and the representative [name removed] was understanding, courteous and communicated all details upfront. From there on, there were a few delays that were attributed to various factors including the developer approval. The client co-ordinator was responsive and gave regular updates. Since ABC is a non-customisation company, only a few things can be customised and I was happy with it because it was within my budget. Once it went to site, the site manager [name removed] did a fantastic job. He was meticulous and paid attention to even minor details. On our pre-settlement inspection he had already marked areas that needed to be patched or re-attended. He was very accommodating of my schedule and helpful. He responded quickly to any questions.
I can see the quality of the build and the work done is excellent on the outset. I am sure all will go well in the next few months and years.
This may be unrelated but as an added service, Metricon could level the remainder of the land such as the backyard areas when doing other works based on client requirements because the costs can easily be absorbed and you will also have easy access to remove excess soil. This will save additional costs when landscaping.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kevin, Thank you for this excellent 5 Star Review! It is great to read that throughout sales and pre-construction you were responded to promptly and given regular updates. We are thrilled to kno... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

The customer service provided by [name removed] was second to none. She was professional, extremely prompt in responding to our emails. We could not have asked for a better service. She checked in with us constantly to make sure we were ok and on track with all our plans. The staff from Robina were very helpful with the colour selection putting a few things into perspective for us. We found the whole team to be professional. A big thank you to [name removed] who introduced us to the design, we fell in love with. Very professional all round. Thank you once again. Now we look forward to working with the construction team.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Milly C, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read that the customer service you have received was professional and prompt. It is great to read that our team was able to fi... read more »

Happy customer, great job Metricon!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

My experience with Metricon has been fantastic and I am really happy with my home. I am a first home buyer so did not know what to expect. The quality of this 14 sq standard home solution home is very high. Metricon's broker Loan Gallery helped me sort out my finances and loan and were extremely helpful. My site manager is professional, reliable and was excellent throughout the whole building process. Customer service was prompt at providing me information when requested and I was updated throughout the whole building process from both site manager and customer service. I have heard of horror stories with building but this has not been the case with Metricon. I have had a pleasant experience. I highly recommend Metricon to all family and friends or anyone wanting to build their first home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sophear P, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! It is great to read that your site manager was always supportive and reliable throughout your construction. We are thrilled that the customer s... read more »

Quality result

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We are very grateful we chose Metricon for our build. Our block was a very challenging to say the least and they have managed to not only build a high-quality home but also dealt with the difficult location with great success.
To briefly run through the process. The sales person [name removed] was absolutely outstanding. We had certain requirements to accommodate the family and he was able to make small changes to the original plans and find an alternative layout that worked perfectly for us. We went to 5 other builders during the process and none were able to do the same for us. He made some suggestions for upgrades within our budget that turned out to be spot on in hindsight. It is not always easy to envision the results on paper, but he did an outstanding job of bridging that.
The contract and selection process were well handled but not perfect. Initially the communication from the contract team was not sufficient but after making them aware they really stepped up and did an excellent job all the way through. The selections teams was very capable and made some good suggestions. The only real issue here was that they made an error in pricing our tile selection. It turned out the selection we made was almost triple the price they suggested. Problem being we made the rest of our selections based on that tile selection. In the end we had to scramble to make this work which was a bit of a headache.
Then moving on to the building process. Metricon supported us in some difficult conversations with external contractors involved. Us not being from the building industry would have made it difficult without their support. Our site manager [name removed] did a standout job throughout the project. As you can imagine there were many phone calls and queries and he was patient enough to deal with it all promptly. As with any build your involvement is required to get the desired results and [name removed] and Metricon continued to deliver on requests we had to ensure a good finish. The only slight disappointment we had was with the finish from the painters on the build. It was a bit of a shame that after making such an effort delivering quality that the most visible finish being the paint was not done well. We invited a very good independent building inspector to our final inspection meeting and his feedback really made clear to us what an excellent product Metricon delivered. We have been in our home for just over a month now and we look forward living here for many years. I rarely give 5 stars for any review as there is always room for improvement so the 4 stars from me is usually as good as it gets! Thank you Metricon. I will definitely refer a friend and build with you again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bastiaan Gagiano, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 4 Star Review. We are thrilled that your sales person was able to make adjustments to the original home design to make it more... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Excellence In A New Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Our Metricon experience so far has been first class, from the sales person who gave 100% plus in assisting my wife and myself in choosing our ideal home. We are so grateful that he found us a perfect size block in Harpley Estate, and a great two story plan. Once the land settled, Metricon wasted no time and construction got under way quickly. Our site manager was so helpful and always available when needed. We have been in our home now for 3.5 months and are very pleased with the whole Metricon process. WELL DONE Metricon and staff. Thank you

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi eelby, Thank you for this excellent 5 Star Review! It is great to read that your Sales consultant was able to find you the perfect block and a home design to suit you. We are thrilled to know th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2018

The result with Metricon was above all expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

The quality is high and professional.
I was fortunate to have site manager [name removed] look after my place. From the first day I met him I found his commitment, reliability, honesty, professionalism and...( I can go on and on) to be at the highest level.
The whole staff from sales, materials selection, customer support and accounts were very courteous, helpful and friendly.
Delightful experience.
Well done Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi S C, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5 Star Review for our readers! We are delighted to read that your site supervisor's work ethic was at the highest level and ensured your ho... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2018

The support and guidance was phenomenal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

The step by step guide was amazing, we were never misguided or lost in the process of our build. I would highly recommend Metricon for any new home and land packages for your new home. Customer service was also phenomenal and couldn’t ask for better. [name removed] looked after everything from top to bottom and I cannot wait to do my second house with Metricon. Thanks for the home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dewen L, Thank you for this amazing 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read that our team guided you through the process with phenomenal customer service and you are happy with you new Metricon h... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Disappointed. Site Team Refuses to Rectify Defects & Non Compliances Identified by Independent Inspe

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

I am now building my home with Metricon. It is under construction .

I have engaged an independent building inspector but Metricon site team has been refusing to follow the independent surveyor’s report. This is the email reply I got from the site team when I sent to them the independent building inspector’s report on frame:

“Thanks for the report. As discussed This report is between you and you inspector. If their are items in the report that we need to rectify then we will but this will not stop us from moving forward. As explained we go by the building surveyors inspections, which is check point.”

There are only 2 defects in the frame inspection report prepared by Metricon’s building surveyor.

However, in the independent building inspection reports, there are 22 types of defects at numerous points, all indicated clearly by referring to Building Code of Australia, Building Regulations and Australian Standards. The defects range from engineering issues, shortcuts in installation to the use of material not complying with regulations.

Metricon sent me the invoice for the frame stage even though they didn’t have the frame approval from Metricon’s own building surveyor. When I replied by saying that I would only pay after receiving approval from Metricon’s building surveyor as stated in the contract, the site coordinator was furious and told me off over the phone.

I understand site works do not always go smoothly and defects do occur. As long as defects and non-compliances are rectified then we can just move on. But the situation now is that I have been told more than once verbally and in writing by th site team that Metricon does not need to address the defects in the independent inspection report because owners paid for the independent inspector, not Metricon, and it is Metricon’s policy to only to respond to their own surveyor’s report.

There have been a number of instances showing the oppressive nature of the site team, One of them is warning me not to send any email because site coordinator would not entertain. At this point of time, I am not ready to share all of these in public because I am already feeling the repercussions. I just hope that all defects will be rectified accordingly before it is too late.

I wrote the first part of the review above after the my frame inspection but eventually couldn’t bring myself to submit it to Product Review, thinking that the situation might get better because my independent inspection company contacted Metricon’s management regarding the non cooperative attitude of the site team. But I was wrong

To my disappointment, at the following pre-plaster inspection, we were told that the piping was not completed (they claimed that it was due to vandalism) and the inspector found out that quite a number of frame defects have not been rectified.

One of the many pending issues is the lintels in a few locations, which does not comply with the minimum requirement of Australian Standards. But the site coordinator still argued with the inspector that Metricon’s engineering team approved it.

Now I’m on the verge of losing confidence with Metricon and have no choice but to spend more money to rearrange for another frame re-inspection and pre-plaster inspection, hoping that the pending issues will have been addressed at the upcoming inspection. I just hope that from now on, the project will be handled more ethically and professionally.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Disappointed, As communicated via email earlier today, we understand your concerns were raised in February and have been addressed by our construction team. If this is in relation to any other ... read more »

Update: I'd like to thank Customer Care for helping. Now almost all items have been addressed and I was told a few will be addressed at later stage.

Metricon Official

Hi Disappointed, Thank you for updating the post, we are very glad to be of assistance to you. Your home is very close to handover and we trust that you will " Love where you Live ". Thank you f... read more »

Great Support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Metricon has been a good choice. Our CSD was [name removed] and she made the Pre-construction phase easy for us. She was always polite and comforting and always ready to listen. We are glad that we had her in this phase. We are very excited for our construction to start and hope that we won't be disappointed.
Keep up the great work Team! :)

Comments
Metricon Official

HI Maryam M.
Thank you for this great 5 Star Review!
We are thrilled to know that our team has made your journey so far, an easy one.
Thank you for allowing us to assist and build your new home!
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Metricon experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Building with Metricon was a very positive experience. The site supervisor was reliable and kept us informed every week with the progress of our house. He was reliable and very efficient. He ensured the workmanship was of the highest quality. He managed our enquiries in a professional and efficient manner. The site supervisor was very organised and knowledgeable. He coordinated the work well at every stage. Both the site supervisor and Metricon deserve a 5 star rating. We will be recommending Metricon to our family and friends!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dilek, Thank you for sharing your positive Metricon experience. Your Site Manager will be very happy to read of your kind feedback and we will ensure the teams efforts are recognised. We are gl... read more »

Thank you. We definitely love where we live.

Excellent Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Metricon team provides excellent customer service and were able to guide us through our house material selection process. So far the workmanship has been good and very timely, there is a lot of attention paid to detail. The team is highly skilled in their craft. Their timelines are immaculate whilst being thoroughly professional.
I would rate the whole process very high and would not hesitate in recommending them to a family member.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mansoor, Thank you so much for this excellent 5 Star Review! We are so pleased to read that our team was able to guide you through your selections and you are happy with the quality of the build... read more »

Happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Metricon were great to deal with as soon as the construction stage begun. We were beyond lucky to have the site supervisor we had he was great so helpful and being first home buyers that was excatly what we needed. Nothing was to much of a hassle for [name removed]. I would recommend anyone to metricon on his merits alone. !

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Zak M, Congratulations on building your first home and thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are so thrilled to know that your site supervisor was so helpful throughout your journey. We do ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Nothing is too hard for them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I have just been handed over to the construction team, so this review is of the admin / pre-construction phase.
I am building on acreage in the Blue Mountains. It is by no means an ordinary subdivided greenfields site. The local council took an extraordinarily long time to process my application, and required costly reports, before finally imposing a mixed BAL40 / Flame Zone rating on my build.
Thankfully, I am very pleased to say that Metricon held my hand the whole way through. My Customer Support Coordinator was prompt, thorough and encouraged me to always stay positive, which was just what I needed!
My land does not have mains water or sewer, yet Metricon were able to accommodate these things into the build. Upgrading my house to comply with the high fire rating was no problem for them. I will be forever grateful that I chose Metricon, because I know that many builders won't touch a project that requires anything other than a straight forward build.
I highly recommend Metricon to anyone who wants to build their dream home on a difficult site. Nothing is too hard for them!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Paul S., Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to know that our team has been able support you and accommodate your needs. It is great to read that your Customer Support Coordi... read more »

First Time Homeowner; Singing Metricon’s Praises!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

When I purchased land and began my journey with Metricon to build, I was 23 and taking my first steps onto the land, property and building scene - although I was confident and well prepared, this for anyone can be daunting; so it was incredibly important to me to build with a company I could place my trust in.

I selected Metricon for my house build after much research reflected their reputable title as Australia’s Award Winning Home Builder; this combined with great references from friends and acquaintances who had built with Metricon with great results, became the right decision for me.

Metricon from the very beginning guided me with structured, streamlined processes for every step of the build, and accommodated my very questioning and inquisitive nature - I wanted to know everything about everything, and my CSC’s were brilliant but most importantly, patient. Not only was I able to build with Metricon, but they enabled me to learn, and filled in the gaps where I didn’t know or didn’t understand something.

Metricon’s “StudioM” took the stress away from designing my home and instead made it an adventure. Being able to walk through essentially an interactive exhibition of what is to become your own choices and selections for your home, makes it a fantastic creative outlet to get a real feel for your colors, appliances, facade and many other various options offered for for a Metricon home. I built from the “Freedom” category and found this to have more options than I would’ve expected and where I wanted to upgrade out of the standard offered, it was an easy and informed process.

When it was time to build, my building coordinator communicated and accommodated me in a way that completely blew my expectations to smitherines! He was easy to contact and clear to speak to; when a lot of these communications during this time happen via phone this is important! He accommodated visits to the site which allowed me to really feel involved with my house “growing”, and as a result really feel like I’ve been a part of it being here. I also have some amazing progress shots of the progressive build and surrounding areas and feel I owe so much of this to my building coordinator.

Living in my own Metricon Home I can safely say that I truly “Love where I live!”, and highly recommend this experience to anyone; but particularly those in the early 20’s age bracket to spend time doing research and understanding the process of building a home, and to give Metricon a serious consideration into building your dream home - they certainly did for me!

Building Coordinator/Supervisor: [name removed]
Building Support Coordinators: [name removed]
Metricon Accounts: [name removed]
StudioM: [name removed], [name removed]
Customer Service Coordinator: [name removed]
Initial Consultation: [name removed]

Laura Ferraro

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Laura, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastically detailed review for our readers! We are so pleased to read that our staff was able to make your journey not only an enj... read more »

Great supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

The workmanship and quality of the build was good the building supervisor was great. [Name Removed] was ontop of everything very helpfull and attended to issues in a productive manner and got it all ammended.
The build went smooth and was faster than expected.
Thanks to [name removed] we have a beautiful home that we love.
Highly recommend a Metricon home. Process was great.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nattaly, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read that your site supervisor was always very helpful and that the build went smoothly and was completed before expected. We ... read more »

Excellent Build!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Just moved in and love our Metricon home. The service and build process undertaken by Metricon was as expected,...polished, professional, friendly and accommodating. We kicked off the planning process with [name initial removed] who provided us with great advice and made sure we were aware of considerations we may not otherwise have thought of. We were then guided through the selections process by [name initial removed] and staff at Robina. Nothing was too hard for [name initial removed] and her patience, professionalism and friendly manner made the process all the more enjoyable. Last, but definitely not least, our building supervisor [name initial removed] guided us through the build and made sure we were kept informed on each stage. His professionalism and positive attitude were infectious and this was even more evident in his drive to make sure build quality was second to none. He was always available to provide help and guidance and went that little bit further to make sure we were happy. He continues to do so, post build.

Overall, Metricon should be very proud of the exceptional work undertaken by all their staff. Well done!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi David and Shayne H, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5 Star Review for our readers! It is a pleasure to read that from the very beginning of your journey you have been given gre... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

Just started our build the process was second to none, it’s been a pleasure dealing with people that are so dedicated to their jobs. Metricon have just started on site and the construction team has taken over, same as above pleasure to deal with makes you feel like the only client they are building for. Looking forward to the whole process.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi L. White,
Thank you so much for your great 5 Star Review!
It is great to read that our whole team has been such a pleasure for you to deal with.
Thank you for allowing us to assist in building your new home!
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Fantastic experience from finding land to moving in.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

We had an exceptional experience with Metricon and Home Solution from the very beginning to moving into our brand new home. Putting a package together with our inclusions by [name removed], getting finance through loan gallery by [name removed] and the build and hand over by [name removed] were all an easy process. The house itself is excellent and any issues were addressed along the way. We were in a position where we never thought we would have the opportunity to buy a home with prices constantly increasing and getting out of reach, plus my partner owning his own business making his income appear less than desirable to banks for a home loan. [name removed] worked above and beyond at all hours of the day and night to help get our finances in order and secured a loan through one of the big banks. [name removed] was a great site manager who answered any questions I had quickly and honestly and quickly acted on any concerns we had so they were resolved as quickly as possible. We’ve now been in our home for nearly 2 months and we couldn’t be happier.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kristen.Skye, Thank you so much for your fantastic 5 Star Review! It is great to know that your journey was made easy form the very beginning. We are thrilled to know that any issues were dealt ... read more »

Job very well done.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

The workmanship and build quality was carried out exceptionally well. [name removed], our site manager kept good communication with us and did his job in an excellent way. The build of the house is fantastic and couldnt have asked for more. Overall customer service and support was awesome and would highly recommend others to build house with Metricon. Site Manager, [name removed] worked with lot of patience and attention to detail.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ritesh, Thank you for your excellent 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read that you are happy with the quality and finish of your new home. It is great to know that you were thoroughly communic... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Wonderful construction team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

We recently moved into our new Metricon home and starting to really love living in it. The construction team was amazing, we especially want to thank our site manager [name removed] and construction manager [name removed] who have been really helpful and accommodating during our build process and even after the build has completed. We did have a few things to touch up on after the handover but [name removed] and his lovely team of trades have been very helpful and came back to help fix things up promptly when notified.
We did have quite a stressful pre-construction / planning phase where there were issues with miscommunication between the sales team and drafting team. We made quite a few changes to our plans and it took many appointments/phone conversations and emails to get everyone on the same page and to correct the errors in our plans. Perhaps that is part of working with a big company with lots of staff... we do hope Metricon will improve on the communication / flow between these teams for the future. Thankfully once we moved onto the construction phase everything worked much more smoothly and our faith was restored with the quality of the build. Thank you also to our support coordinators [name removed] and customer relationship advisor [name removed] who spent a lot of time talking to us and emailing us when we were going through the more stressful periods.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Grace, Thank you for this wonderful 5 Star Review! We are pleased to read that our construction team have been very helpful and accommodating during and after your construction. It is great to ... read more »

2 of 83 pages