Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Metricon Workflow Manager

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Our first duplex build didn't start so well. The experience took us full circle through the highs and the lows which eventually changed when our Workflow Manager took a personal interest. She went above and beyond the call of duty and her experience, foresight and exceptional customer service made for a smooth transition. Metricon are extremely lucky to have such a valuable employee.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi David, Thanks for leaving this great review for our Workflow Manager. We are disappointed to read that things didn't start out well, and that you had experienced highs and lows. We will ensure t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jun 2018

So happy with the build. Prompt action and professional management ensuring completion ahead of time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

We are so lucky to have an excellent building supervisor. The building process was the most enjoyable part of the whole Metricon experience. Our building supervisor [name removed] provided us with weekly updates and addressed any issues that we had along the way. It was an absolute pleasure to work with such a wonderful person. We unfortunately had the most undesirable neighbours to build next to and he handled the situation with great care. [name removed] always provided options and solutions throughout the build to ensure we got the best outcome.
We engaged an independent inspector who acknowledged that said that the quality of work was excellent.
The only issues we had along the way were from the young inexperience’s girls in the customer services centre [name removed] and the building support Coordinator [name removed]. I found them to be highly unhelpful with no product knowledge or customer service experience skills which was disappointing for your reputable brand. On the other hand, [name removed] who assisted us with internal selections was excellent in picking up mistakes in the paper work from the customer service team.
We love our Metricon home and our building supervisor has made the build journey seamless and with that we highly recommend Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Hub, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this feedback for our readers! We are thrilled to read that our Site Manager made your building journey seamless and provided regular communicat... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Great Experience !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Metricon was well ahead of given time limit. All went well. Had weekly updates from site supervisor. Overall staff communication was good. Highly recommend. Good quality work done. Staff was very supportive & looked after very well. Conducted inspections in between with site supervisor, was very co-operative & professional. And yes, contract work was quite speedy compare to other volume builders. Go for Metricon

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Deep, Thanks so much for leaving us this lovely feedback! We are so proud to read that our staff have been very supportive and our communication was good. Its fantastic that our contract wor... read more »

Great New home advisor, site manager and building support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

We had a great start with Metricon with [name removed], she was very bubbly, nice, and patient with all the strange requests that we had. After she signed the initial contract, and passed on to Metricon office, I felt like the connection dropped and I was not getting any update. I told [name removed] about the issue, and she did what she can on her end, which I think is amazing.

In between with all the colour selections and other appointments, I must say it was not that impressive, I understand the process is long and can be draining, but we felt like we were rush a bit during the selections, as there are other people also do the same appointments for their house, and we sometime do not get to talk to the correct person in the section and we were being rush through.

Once it started building, the process came back to a great stage. We had [name removed] as our site manager during the building phrase and [name removed] as Building support, both of them are amazing. [name removed] hardly missed the weekly Monday call to give me an update of the progress which I know not every other site manager does (a couple of my colleagues are building as well with other building company and both of them were complaint that they have no idea what's going on as no one give them any update) [name removed] also is very easy going, we only met him a couple times (mostly to go through the house to see what need to be fix) and he made us felt like nothing is a big issue and everything will be fix even after settlement. [name removed] as building support was very quick on any email response, and I am very impressed by it.

Overall, I really want to say Thanks to [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] with their amazing work to make this journey amazing, also thank you for all the support people who work behind the scene to make our dream home come true.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ivy, Thank you for leaving this great review for our readers. Its great to read that our New Home Advisor was friendly and patient with all the requests that were mad to them. We are dissapoin... read more »

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Frustrated and disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Started off well unfortunately we have had to wait more than two months to get post building issues resolved after handover was promised and we are still waiting! Most disappointedly has been the communication and accountability and transparency in ameliorating issues. So disappointed given the significant cost and outlay we have made towards our dream home. We expected better and sadly will not be recommending Metricon to our family or friends

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi John, We are sorry our service has not met your expectations. As recently communicated: Metricon does not cover for any costs or interests incurred to the customer during the building process.... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

5 Stars mainly for the site supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

We engaged Metricon to do a knock-down rebuild in Sydney. This was our first home build experience.
It took around 6-7 months to get all selections sorted and contract signed and an additional total of 9 months to complete the actual build which we think is in a reasonable time frame. The house had been build in good conditions primarily thanks to our site supervisor. Throughout the build our site supervisor had shown immense initiative and proactivity to finish our build in a timely manner at high standards.
We are very thankful for his genuine work ethics to build a great home for us and we feel lucky that we had him assigned to our project.

Some good points: Sales done by northern beaches branch was great! Honest, upfront, no hidden costs, everything put on the table. Selection of internal and external items was really good. The girls were very nice, supportive, approachable and happy to help the client. You could actually reach them via phone or email very easily. Tilers were great! Our Independent inspector was very impressed by the quality of the works and the cleanliness of the site. Our site supervisor was very happy to accommodate his visits and their professional relationship reflected a good collaboration instead of pointing fingers at anyone.

Some bad points: However, there have been some issues though with the build as it is with most builds of new homes, but some of them were standing out: the plumbers were absolutely shocking! And I am not kidding! Whether it is in relation to booking appointments, actually coming on site, doing the work without damaging anything or actually installing it so it works and issuing certificates. The entire spectrum. Hoping Metricon takes this on board, as a recommendation to Metricon, change your plumber and open the offer again up for tender. There is a lack of communication within the separate departments of Metricon pre and post build. The quality of management and processing warranty items is really frustrating and contra productive. Either this department is under-resourced or badly managed. It seems that depending on Metricon’s business structure, you may encounter a high change of construction managers, site managers and site supervisors as well as various Metricon coordinators. We had to ask for special permission to have our site supervisor remain on our job/site which was to Metricon’s credit was granted. You might experience the change in personal with other builders as well, but it is important to point out that if you face it hand over can be very time consuming and unorganized.

Would we build with Metricon again? Look, there are so many builders out there in the construction world. For a project home builder, we had a very good experience but again thanks to our diligent site supervisor. We have learned a lot over this time as well and if we do build again, we will look around as you would do but certainly consider Metricon as our first choice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sabine, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review for our readers! We are disappointed to read that there were some issues during your building journey with our internal teams and ... read more »

First home buyer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

My experience with Metricon has been great, the customer service has been professional. The process from start to finish has been smooth. I've had nothing but wonderful experience all through. Big shout out to the very helpful customer service team and my site manager, [name removed] for making my first home buying experience a enjoyable one. Keep up the good work and thank you once again for taking all the fuss out of my plate and making it a memorable one.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sarom, Firstly, congratulations on buying and building your first home! We are so glad that your first building journey has been a smooth process from start to finish and that your experience h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2007

Not that Bright. Poor window installation. Low visibility.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

I choose Metricon as the display home was nice. What I got was a rubbish dump. It has poor sunlight, it is dark, the windows were not what I choose. It has caused a lot of grief, pain and suffering. On top of that, the community is affected. It is not the standard I expected. It looks awkward in the community. A lot of people are laughing at the look of it. The garage colour is not what I choose. I don't know who choose it? Doesn't matter, I think its because of the brick colour that I requested to change. It caused a lot of unnecessary drama. It ruined my first home experience.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sunny, we are dissapointed to read of your experience and would like to seek further clarification and ensure the home is built as per agreed contract. Kindly send us a private message with your... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Sunny, in reference to our last message to you.
If there is anything we can assist with please contact us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Super Site Supervision

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Our family is thrilled with the progress of our new dream home.
We have been particularly impressed with [name removed] management of our project as the site supervisor. His leadership, communication, problem solving and management skills have made our building experience very enjoyable. its a real pleasure to work with someone who has a great eye for detail and takes pride in producing quality finishes ahead of schedule.
Move in date is so close..... the excitement levels are off the scale, Thank you Metricon

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joshua, Thanks so much for leaving this fantastic review for our readers! We are so proud to read that our Site Manager has a great eye for detail and took pride in producing quality finishes ah... read more »

New Home New Beginnings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Metricon has helped me and my husband in every step of the way in securing our first home in Melbourne. From the sales department to the site manager during construction, everyone was very helpful, responsive and accommodating. [name removed] (site manager) was very thorough and very attentive to details of our new home. We are very happy and proud that our first home was built by Australia's award winning home builder. Thank you Metricon, we are loving where we live! :)

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mariann, Firstly, congratulations on building your first home and thank you for choosing to embark on this journey with us! We couldn’t be happier to read that our team has been very helpful, ... read more »

No more renting!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

After looking at many house and land packages my hope of getting my own home were diminishing. Metricon home solutions saved the day with a small house and land deal in my preferred area at a cost I could afford, so my journey of owning my own house began.
Knowing nothing about building a house I was at the beginning a bit over whelmed at the choices I had to make and I soon learned that a lot of things were an upgrade (more money) so hence I chose very few but having said that the finishing’s in my home are great.
I always found someone I could contact if I had any concerns before the build and thankyou to my customer service people who were easily accessible, informative and always polite.
The build went smoothly for me and this was mainly due to my fantastic site manager [name removed] and building support manager [name removed]
[name removed] shared the progress of my build in detail with friendly weekly informative phone calls and answered any questions and concerns I may have had. I had regular inspections and he made sure everything was in perfect working order. He really went above and beyond to make my journey a very smooth and enjoyable experience. My build was finished on time and conceded with my holidays which worked out great for me to shift.
As I sit down now admiring my beautiful new home I am grateful for the opportunity to now pay off my mortgage and not someone else’s
I would thoroughly recommend Metricon home solutions and many thanks to [name removed] and all involved for their work in making this a great and memorable experience.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sue, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! It is great to know that Metricon was able to assist you get into a home when you never thought it would be possible. We ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: May 2018

Excellent Customer Service from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

I would like to start simply at the service of the sales consultant, [name removed], who actually found our property on our behalf. After which, we have proceeded with arranging the build and been offered promotions as well on top of other items we would like upgraded. The consultant at Studio M were very helpful and does provide excellent feedback on choices of style and interior. [name removed] and [name removed] were my customer service coordinators that were super duper amazing with getting everything sorted and responded to all my queries right away!

Last but not the least, we had [name removed] as our site manager who looked after us from start to finish! He never missed responding to our queries and made it easier for us to handle the build. We DID NOT STRESS at all!

That’s what Metricon made us feel! And even after moving in, all our questions were answered right away!

We started the build in December and moved in yesterday! For a double storey house, that is just amazing!

We are blessed to have wonderful people helping us with our dream home and i cant thank Metricon enough with the quality and excellent service they provided to us.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dianne L, Thank you for this excellent 5 Star Review! It is great to read that you received such great service from sales and Studio M to assist with creating your new home. We are pleased that ... read more »

epping

• 1 question

Metricon-True Master Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

This is my second home I have built with Metricon, based on my first home building experience (which was 8 years ago) I knew i am in good hands.
Site supervisor [name removed] aka Wizard [name removed] has really gone above and beyond to make my journey stress-free, enjoyable and memorable.
Credit to [name removed] and his extensive build experience which instilled full confidence.
-Quality of the build is to such a high standard and the end product looks absolutely stunning matching Display Home quality.
-Delivered in 2.5 months- WOW
-Project Management was beyond expectation & workmanship is excellent
-[name removed] shared the process in detail, shared regular updates, answered all queries in detail.
-Tradesmen i met on site spoke highly of [name removed].
Thank you Wizard [name removed] for sharing valuable insights and tips on managing mini projects outside of metricons scope of work.
[name removed] work is done with great attitude and dedication, even when he is doing things for multiple people his general response is Quote “no problem I’ll take a look at it”
I am a Metricon ADVOCATE - thanks to [name removed], I will be returning to Metricon in September this year to seek their assistance and [name removed] expertise with building investment homes for my family and friends.
A BIG Shout out to Build support coordinator [name removed] for her guidance, assistance and early reverts to my queries.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi sailesh, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! It is great to read that you were so impressed with your build experience that you have chosen Metricon to build for ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

absolutely excellent choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

[name removed] was an excellent home sales advisor, and really helped us with building our dream home. We are building the Glendale 38 which was an excellent fit for our needs. He took the time to listen to all our requests and cater to our every needs. the whole Metricon team has been excellent with their communication with us in every step of the way and we look forward to the finished product.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Victor B, Thank you for this excellent review! It is great to read that your home sales advisor was able to assist you with selecting a floorplan which is most suited to your needs. We are pleas... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2018

Great experience building with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

It was our first time ever building a new house, so we were quite cautious about choosing our builder. We chose Metricon as it's the biggest builder in Australia and we felt more comfortable with a big company handling this project. Our salespeople, [name removed] and [name removed] were very friendly and helpful in answering all of our questions in the beginning of our journey building our house. They continued to assist us with questions that came up during the built. Our site manager, [name removed] was excellent and had done a great job. He kept us up to date with the progress weekly, he made sure that everything was in perfect order. After the handover, we could contact him directly with any issues and he would assist us solving them quickly and efficiently. We read other reviews about how important it was to have a great site manager, and we were glad that we got [name removed] to help us during this journey. Overall we are very happy with our experience building with Metricon. It was quite fast, the quality is so far so good, we had the supports from our site manager and from different departments to handle our questions and to solve any issues. If there is one thing we could suggest is to have actual interior designers to assist us during the exterior and interior selection process.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Indriana W, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled that your sales people were so friendly and helpful during the process of selecting your new home. It is great to know that yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Metricon: great customer service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Our experience with Metricon has been wonderful, the customer service has been 5 star and professional. Construction phase has begin, its been smooth so far. its' been great experience all through, very thankful to the customer service staff. We begin inn Chisholm where the staff there were great, before before we were allocated a customer care officer at their Bella vista office who guided us through to construction.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Hmm, Thanks so much for leaving us this great 5 star review! We are so proud to read that our Customer Service has been 5 Star and professional. Its great to read that our team in the Chisholm o... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Bad post hand over support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

It has been over a month now since we move in to the new home but several of our issues are still not resolved. The issues we identified since the pre handover were still present. I had email the site supervisor, metro north and service warranty to no avail. It seems like they are just waiting for the 3 months warranty to pass.

My biggest worry today is the huge amount of water bill which is around $2,700 caused by the faulty evap cooling valve. There was a water leak since day 1.

My water heating is another issue. It was replaced last week but the temperature is not stable. I got a booking next week to replace the faulty Chromagen unit. Fingers crossed that it will work now as intended.

I still have 20 plus issues to date. All emailed and entered via mymetricon but no action has been done.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Shock Customer, We are extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Please allow us the opportunity to raise your concerns with the relevant internal team. If you could please send us a pr... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Shock Customer. Thanks for providing us this information. We have escalated your file to the relevant team to address your concerns. We will share an update with you as soon as this becomes available. Regards, Metricon.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

A perfect builder. Special 5 star for our site manager [name removed] and project coordinator [name removed]

It was my perfect decision of engaging Metricon (Queensland) for building our dream home at Deebing Height, QLD. The workmanship was excellent. Delivery time was met. Customer service was very good. Project Management was beyond expectation. Thank you Metricon and the team for delivering happiness to people.
I would like to recommend Metricon to the fellows who are now planning to building their homes.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Shaheed, Thanks so much for leaving us this fabulous review! We are so glad to read that we have been able to assist you with building your dream home and we are proud to read you made the perfe... read more »

melbourne

Five Stars to our Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Although Metricon's Home Solution Broker and the office admin staff did not instill the confidence needed when building for the first time, our Site Manager did. [name removed] contacted us weekly and with every update. He explained every process and has continued to assist us after we moved in, with advice and care. He answered all of our questions and followed up on all of our queries regarding the house without hesitation. Couldn't have asked for a better Site Manager to work with! Outstanding Customer Service! Thanks [name removed]!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rubyay, We are extremely disappointed to hear of your experience with our Home Solution Broker and Office Admin Staff. We will ensure this feedback is passed on for future improvements. We are ... read more »

Wonderful Experience with Little Hiccups

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

It has been wonderful building with Metricon. Sales experience was great with [name removed], documentation hiccup spoiled the experience but Site Manager, [name removed]'s continuous support, prompt responses and regular updates put all the worries at ease. I would however, wish that Metricon provide a bit more notice in regards to payment requests at every stage though. Got our keys today and look forward to living in this beautiful home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Miza, Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this great review for our readers! We are sorry to read there was a hiccup with documentation at the start, but the experience with our Site M... read more »

2 of 92 pages