Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Bribie Island Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

METRICON - Building with a difference! No stress!

“Building It’s such a stressful experience” that’s what we’ve always heard from family and friends who have built their own homes.

Metricon exceeded our expectations!

We just got the keys to our new beautiful home and we couldn’t be happier.

Starting with [name removed] who went out of his way to adjust the house we have designed on a piece of paper to one of the Metricon’s.

Contrary to others, [name removed] didn’t just gave us books for us to pick a house like all major and well known builders out there did when we showed them what we wanted on our own design.

Not only Metricon homes are the most beautiful ones and with highest quality in our view, [name removed]’s approached was completely different and stood apart to all others when he looked at our design. His attitude was a plus and very welcoming, one of first reasons why we’ve chosen Metricon. He help us to choose one of Metricon homes very similar to what we wanted and made all the necessary changes to match our design.

From that point on, all the staff we dealt with in the different stages of the process was, without exception, professional, diligent and kind.

Then [name removed] was appointed as our project manager. [name removed] is not only an extremely good and reliable professional, but also such a pleasant and friendly individual easy to deal with. Every single Friday he would give us a call updating the progress of the house.

He truly went out of his way to provide us with the most wonderful experience of building our home and putting our mind at peace. Thank you [name removed] you were absolutely awesome!

[name removed] was our building support coordinator and her attentive and prompt reply to our numerous emails with many questions and doubts were dealt with immediately. No issues, big or small, were ever overlooked and you both, [name removed] and [name removed] did an outstanding job to resolve them all.

Last but not least we thank you all at Metricon, many we never met, working behind the scenes to ensure we would meet our expectations.

Well done Metricon. What an excellent team! Thank you for providing us with such a wonderful experience and making our dream to come true.
Our home is beautiful!

Keep up with your good work
Jeff and Delia

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joey, Thanks so much for leaving this very kind 5-star review! We are so happy to hear you are happy with your new home and that all of our staff have provided you with excellent service,... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Can’t wait to start living in my new Metricon home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Thanx to our building supervisor [Name Removed] our building journey was a dream. We were walked through every stage and even though at times I got a bit fussy he was always eager to make sure I was completely happy with every stage. [Name Removed] is a great guy always helpful understanding and made the experience a breeze. I would definitely recommend Metricon

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Antoinette, Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review. Its great to hear that your building journey has been a dream and that out Site Manager has helped to make your expe... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

We built our first home with Metricon. Overall, really satisfied with the whole process from the beginning.
Pre-construction process was smooth and hassle free. Staff was very friendly and helpful. being first home we did not have all the knowledge to make our home perfect. Without their help, we would not be able to make it a reality. Thank you team.
Once began the construction process, it was done in no time thanks to [Name Removed] our site supervisor.
During the journey, he has shown his professionalism on the job. He was always reachable and all our questions answered in timely manner. Also never forgot to give us weekly updates.
As a reality, we also had to face some challenges as the built went on. What made a difference was that how he handled these matters ad got us a positive outcome every time.
We were fortunate to have [Name Removed] as our site supervisor. Thank you [Name Removed] and Metricon team.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi BandU, Firstly, congratulations on building your first home! We are so glad your experience with Metricon has been hassle free and that our staff has been very friendly and helpful throughou... read more »

So happy with the whole process - every step of the way!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

We had a really positive experience building our double story home with Metricon. Right from the initial meeting with [name removed] at the Mandalay sales office who handled all our queries politely and efficiently. She definitely did her job well and we were sold from the first 5-mins. We did look around at other building companies, but her customer service and the value with what Metricon included was far better than what others we looked at (in our opinion). Finalizing the details we dealt with [name removed] who has the patience of a saint going back and forth with us with regards to inclusions and upgrades etc. She was always polite, and very prompt with responses. Our experience further improved as we had our colour selection meeting & electrical meetings at the Metricon showroom/office. Everyone there was extremely pleasant to deal with, nothing was an issue and they helped us with putting all our ideas together into something that would flow and work. We felt they didn't push us towards upgrades and were honest in their opinions when asked. Finally construction commenced, and we were introduced to our Building Support Coordinator, [name removed] who was only a delight to deal with. Always handled any query we hand promptly and continued to help out (even when construction had finished and it wasn't her area anymore!) [name removed] was our site manager for the build and kept us up to date with weekly phone calls on progress which was great. He handled any query we had without fuss and has a high standard of workmanship which we obviously appreciated. The build was much shorter than we expected which was also great, and we were in our house 3x months earlier than originally anticipated. So far, we have had no issues with the build quality of the property and only a few minor plumbing issues since moving in which have been rectified promptly. Everything was very transparent through the whole process and everyone so friendly and helpful. We love our new home and cannot thank everyone for their help getting us here!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Susan, Thank you for sharing an amazing review with our readers! We are excited to read that you were happy throughout the whole process, every step of the way building with Metricon. The entir... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Metricon home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I felt thoroughly supported throughout the sales process of our build. We had our eye on a couple of blocks of land and with the help of [name removed] at Metricon we decided on the perfect block. My husband was away for work so wasn't around to provide guidance or assistance on the build. That's where [name removed] stepped in and walked me through the entire process and was extremely patient with me and my lack of building knowledge. I'm so happy with the house we've designed and certainly couldn't have done it without [name removed] help.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peta, Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers thus far. We are so happy to read that our New Home Advisor was able to assist you and guide you through the entire process. Our... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Great team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

When I was considering building home in Helensvale, I sent a message to Metricon sales team through their website on late Friday evening. Their Senior New Home Advisor for Southern Region called me next morning. In the next seven days, few emails, phone calls and text messages later the plan was finalised. This included the changes which I wanted to make to the plans. I couldn’t believe that the planning process could be that easy and fast. I met my New Home Advisor personally only at the time of signing the final contract which was also organised on the day convenient to me. So five stars from me. I wish I could give seven stars for the personalised experience I received. I don’t know when I am going to build my second house. If ever I decide it, I know whom to approach.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi njc, Thank you for sharing your speedy and easy sales experience with our readers. Your review is worth a 7 stars to us, we appreciate very much for your kind review. Metricon looks forward to ... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2018

This is an ongoing TERRIBLE experience!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

This build for us has been a terrible experience, and unfortunately still an ongoing saga in our lives. We never hear from our site manager, we are constantly chasing for updates on build progress, our build has sat idle now for 3 months (since July) with little to no activity, and what has been done has been extremely poor workmanship and now has to be pulled apart and redone. Our practical completion date has come and gone, we signed our building contract in July 2017, we are about to enter October 2018 and this nightmare continues, another week has now passed with little to no activity once again. They are struggling to manage their tradesman, and there is no supervision and the project management is disgusting. We have written numerous emails of complaint and not one email has been responded to, however there have been many promises to do so. We honestly couldn't recommend Metricon to anybody, it's become an embarrassment as our street and neighbours are constantly asking why has our home been sitting there with no activity for months on end!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi BM JM, We are sorry to hear of your experience.
As advised in our private message, we have located your file and are in the process of escalating the matter further. We will share an update with you as soon as this becomes available. Regards

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great product and journey despite unforeseen circumstances

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Our interest in Metricon was triggered by the beautiful Bayville design which had an impressive display in Melbourne (and now this design is also displayed in Sydney).

[name removed] at Metricon’s Dee Why office was very helpful and great to work with. He helped us screen and select potential properties/sites which would fit our design and meet Complying Development Certificate approval requirements (21 day approval). It took a while to secure a suitable property but we were glad for the advice. [name removed] also guided us through the design process for a Signature design which was more flexible than anticipated. He was very experienced/knowledgeable, always responsive and looking for ways to accommodate our specific preferences. For those looking to inquire into a new Metricon home, we’d refer them to [name removed].

In finalizing all our selections (eg colours, windows, tiles, cabinetry) we worked with a good team of people including several who have unfortunately move on from Metricon. [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] (Kitchen Culture) were a pleasure to deal with and particularly helpful. The electrical consultant we worked with had a good attention to detail but was too busy and held up our process a bit.

Metricon’s process seeks to lock in all design and specification decisions before starting construction. Variations post construction commencement are discouraged. This has pros and cons. Overall it is a good discipline for clients like us to think through all decisions as early as possible. Fortunately, we also benefitted from working with [name removed] (Construction Manager) who has been able to accommodate a few limited requests of ours post construction completion.

[name removed] was also very good in managing a difficult time when there was an unforeseen tragedy (unrelated to the construction of our house) with our original site manager. It is challenging when there are two changes of site manager (and loss of past verbal discussions) but ultimately we are very happy [name removed] put [name removed] on the job.

[name removed] has worked hard to resolve outstanding issues and get our job back on track. [name removed] doesn’t mind a robust discussion but we feel he similarly pushes his trades for an outcome. Also our impression is that [name removed] prefers to under promise and over deliver. We can see why he was employee of the month. [name removed] is good with technology, responsive, a pro-active communicator, firm with WHS processes and solutions driven. He is the kind of professional site manager you’d want on your job.

To date Metricon have worked to the fixed price contract. The only unforeseen cost was some additional in-ground sewer remediation costs. We note there can be a significant difference in the advertised base price and the final signed contract price with Metricon depending on level of upgrades. Also Metricon do not do demolition, pools, landscaping or driveways. For higher end signature designs this is something we suggest Metricon consider expanding their scope for.

We are currently just past fix-out and looking forward to getting to completion of our beautiful new home this year.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi jswc, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. What a great review, especially the comments regarding our New Home Advisor, Construction Manager and Site Manager. Its gr... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Single story Metricon home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Mostly positive with Metricon. Build managed very well and kept informed. Workmanship and build quality good. Process from sales through to start through to handover handled very efficiently. Only grumble is with Metricon you can't afford to upgrade all their standard products, and already in 2 weeks my standard loop pile carpet has over 10 pulls in it (not a good quality carpet) and the standard downpipe outside my bedroom drips like chinese water torture and will need fixing. Overall though, good quality workmanship and smooth processes.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Lorraine James, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's fantastic to read that your journey with Metricon has been a positive one and that each process was handled efficiently. ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

I wouldn't hesitate to engage Metricon again if I were to build another home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

We built a dual occupancy home through Metricon. I must admit that right from planning till handover of the keys was mostly a hassle-free journey for us.

What we liked:
1. There weren’t any designs available in Metricon’s catalogue for a dual occupancy home. They recommended multiple options and finally we settled with one of the designs to attach a granny flat to an existing design, which I think was a viable option. After numerous rounds of iteration finally we had a design that was somewhat close to our expectations.
2. Overall, I found that the team at Metricon was very accommodating for various suggestions and changes we requested. Rather than providing a very high cost that deters you from any changes, they provided us with details of costing as well as options for cost reductions.
3. After the build was started, it was a very smooth process until the handover of the keys. Majority of the work was completed in 20-24 weeks, which was great.
4. One of the best parts of the construction phase was the weekly and timely update I received from the Site Supervisor.

What can be improved:
1. There were a few rounds of changes after the tender process, which could have avoided. This resulted in multiple variations to the contract. Matters that resulted in such changes should have been identified during the early site inspection.
2. There was a period of lack of communication from the customer service staff before the start of build, such things should be avoided by providing weekly (or agreed) update.
3. Experienced some minor delays towards the final stage to get the Interim Occupation Certificate due to some minor issues. It would be good if such matters can be avoided.
4. It was shocking to find that steps to the house and steps from laundry to the yard is not part of the build. These are minimum requirements to get an Interim Occupation Certificate. Such issues must be avoided, and those items shall be included as part of the build or at least notified before the contract was signed.
5. Rather than bluntly saying that building driveway and landscape is expensive through Metricon; it would be good to provide options to build those.

Appreciation for the team:
1. [name removed] was the sales consultant we were dealing with. [name removed] was very approachable and accommodating for all changes and tweaks we requested to final agree on a plan. She provided adequate recommendations and timely nudge whenever the overall cost was edging beyond our expected spend.
2. [name removed] was one of the consultants we dealt with at M-studio for our internal and colour selection. [name removed] was proactive and always ensured that I have been kept up to date with all progress from Metricon end.
3. [name removed] was our site supervisor. Right from the day one of build activity [name removed] was in touch with me giving weekly updates on build progress. [name removed] is a very experienced site supervisor / manager in the building industry and he has been very helpful and approachable throughout - be it for conversations regarding the progress, ad-hoc site visits, getting me in touch with Metricon sales consultant etc. During the final stages I was very impressed with [name removed] attending every minor defect we pointed out as well identified by him. It was a pleasure and a great relief to have an individual like [name removed] as our site supervisor.

Would like to conclude by saying that I wouldn't hesitate to engage Metricon again if I were to build another home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for sharing this great review for our readers. We are proud that you found our teams very accommodating throughout your Metricon journey. We are thrilled to hear that... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2019

Great coordination

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

First time building with Metricon, Have just completed finance and construction has started.
Sales and design modification was super easy and well communicated. [name removed] provided great service.
Pre-selection was well organized but getting all the communication streamlined was difficult. It took far longer than necessary. Had to re-send signed documents several times.
After pre-selection, getting signed contracts and finance co-ordination was easy too. [name removed] provided great service. She was thorough, efficient, and communicated each stage of the process really well. Very easy and pleasant to work with. Thanks!

Now awaiting the build.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sam Maje, Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us. It's great to read that the service provided thus far has been efficient and was well communicated during each stage. Our Constru... read more »

Great house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

The build was well managed by [name removed] the site manager, the workmanship of the build is great, very happy with how everything went and the cost of the house was just a little less than the contact price, so a bit of money left over for other stuff to do on the garden, the house was completed alot sooner than expected.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jason, Congratulations on building a great Metricon home. It is very good to read that you are happy with the cost, workmanship and completion timeframe of the build. Thank you for building wit... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Good but some tips for future customers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I have just moved into my new Metricon home in the Gippsland area. I am mostly happy with the build but as a first time builder, I wish I had been given greater information about the process prior to planning. My only concern is that Metricon is focused on a quick completion date and maintaining their facade rather than prioritising the needs of the customer. I would also advise future customers of Metricon of a few things; for example, I was not asked if I wanted to have lintels over my windows rather than bricks (this is assumed knowledge as lintels come with the base design - but as I said first time builder, such information should be made clear to customers), secondly, also keep notes of what is said to your consultants, as verbal confirmation is not enough - get everything in writing. I am speaking from experience relating to something that was left off my plan, after being discussed with my consultant about its inclusion. Metricon have excellent customer service skills and it is easy to trust them, but for future customers I would not be lead by their performance and charade, keep a note and track of everything. I am happy with my house but I would do things differently given the opportunity.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ally, We value your feedback and will ensure the relevant business units are aware for future business improvements. We are glad to know you are happy with the product delivered and appreciate ... read more »

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I couldn’t be more happier with our house.
From when the land titled the whole process was very easy and fulfilling.

And the project manager [name removed] was very helpful on the very first day of construction,

He communicated the hole way through till the house was finished.

I would recommend Metricon, and I would specially ask [name removed], not only was he very good at his job I asked for a extras to be added to the house and he got onto it right away.

Metricon well worth a 5 star

I would give [name removed] a 10 star

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi James, thank you for a great 5 star review. We are glad to read your building process has been very easy and fulfilling. We really appreciate your high ratings for Metricon and our staff. Thank ... read more »

Extremely happy first home owner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

We built through the Home Solutions by Metricon package and couldn't be happier. It's tailored towards first home buyers to be a simple process and it absolutely was.

Early on the office staff were on top of the entire process put us in contact with all of the different people/services we would need which ensured everything was sorted. From finance to surveying. They we're also exceptional in answering any questions we had along the way of which there were many as a first home buyer there was a lot to learn about the process. But they made it very easy and stress free.

The build started at which point our supervisor [name removed] became involved. [name removed] was amazing, keeping contact with us throughout the entire build and giving us detailed updates as each milestone was reached. He was also always happy to speak when we called with any questions/concerns. He was happy to work with us to have trades come through and hook things like Internet up before we moved in. He didn't need to do this but is an example of his nature to help in any way possible and go above and beyond.

The quality of work is exceptional and we're elated to be in our new home :)

I'd absolutely recommend Home Solutions by Metricon for any first home buyers looking to build. The process couldn't be easier and the end product is of the highest quality.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chris D, Congratulations of building your first home. We are so excited to know that you couldn't be happier with the simple process of the Home Solution package. We are very proud to read that... read more »

So very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I built my home and cannot be happier with the results, as an older single woman I was nervous about doing this on my own but the entire Metricon team from start to finish was friendly and very helpful. During construction I came to site twice (my choice) and on the second visit I noticed that some additional PowerPoints I had ordered were not fitted by the end of the following week the problem was fixed and I was notified that it was all back on track. I would like to say a huge thanks to [name removed] my building support co-ordinator who would call me at the end of every stage to give me an update advise what was happening next and answer any questions I had. She was so helpful even resending emails when I needed them was not an issue for her. Towards the end of my build my site supervisor was changed to [name removed], he was very easy to deal with and really went out of his way to get my house completed early and to a high standard. The day of settlement was not drama free scratches in the glass on my sliding door, the front door lock had been keyed wrong and a blockage in the main toilet. However within an hour the locksmith had arrived to rekey the front door and by Wednesday settlement was on Friday the glazier had been to measure the glass and I had a fully functioning toilet.

I could not recommend Metricon enough for home they built for me and my kids.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kylie C, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this great 5-star review! Congratulations on building your new home and doing this on your own - What a great effort and well done to ... read more »

This is excellent work and perfect quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

this builder is very fast excellent quality and helpful specially the site manager he understand my need and assist us with a friendly attitude .i will recommended to friends and family for future house building for speed and excellent quality this is my first house building i was nervous and unsure how to go about it until one of the consulting lady from Metricon explained to me exactly what i should do and expect. i did try with another builder but they are not helpful. i made a right decision to used Metricon. i am very happy with their professional staff to help me for my dream home

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi kchandaraaphay, Firstly, congratulations on building your first home! It's great that our staff have been friendly and were able to accommodate your needs throughout your Metricon journey. ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Fantastic Builder!! Highly Recommend.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Metricon offers a first-class experience when building a home as they are able to provide you with lots of advice from trained staff. The M-Studio experience was awesome as you are able to see first hand what everything will look like in your home. (Highly Recommend). The overall build of the house was done exactly to plan thanks to the site manager Metricon supplied. The communication with the site manager was great and I was able to book an appointment to see the house at any time during the build. My site manager also supplied me with some tips to help improve the overall build of my home. Overall the quality of the home was first class and we were very happy with the finished product.

The only issue we had was during the plans stage when our original plans were changed without Metricon informing us. This was disappointing as it was our facade that was changed and we were not able to fix the problem once the house had been built. Although the facade doesn't look bad, it wasn't what we paid for and I still haven't received an explanation as to why it was changed. To fix this issue there needs to be better communication between the drafting team and the client especially when you are paying $4,500 to have your facade upgraded.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Richard, We are very pleased to read your building experience has been first class and most importantly you are very happy with the quality of your new Metricon home. We will ensure the relevan... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Smooth sailing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Our journey with Metricon began when we walked into the Home Solutions display office and met [name removed]. He helped us choose a house and land package that was suited to our needs and answered all our questions, even after signing the dotted line. If he was unable to answer something, he put us in touch with the person that could. I would recommend him to anyone that wants a straightforward, no nonsense discussion and sale.
There was quite a wait between signing the contract and the build start, November 2016 to May 2018. In that time, we had many customer support coordinators; [name removed] was the longest serving with our build. She was good and communicated well most of the time, there were a couple of times where things had to be repeated to get an answer and I had to find a different person within Metricon to give me an answer on one occasion, as [name removed] obviously didn’t know the answer and didn’t ask her support team on how to get it. Overall though the process went smoothly.
Once the build started we had [name removed] as our building support coordinator and [name removed] as our site manager. They were both amazing and I cannot speak highly enough of [name removed]. All our questions were answered, no matter how silly they were, and any issues picked up by us or our building inspector were dealt with to our satisfaction. [name removed] gave us a beautiful house in under 14 weeks and worked hard to meet our timeline for which we were extremely grateful for. His trades did a fabulous job, the painting is great, and tiling is spot on. The outside of the house was finished nicely, and it shows with the comments we’ve received on the brickwork and render.
Highly recommend building with Metricon, they know what they’re doing - they’ve been doing it for so long. If you have [name removed] and [name removed] on your team you won’t have any issues. Key take home message is to maintain friendly communication throughout the entire process, and all will be smooth sailing.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kat, What a great review, especially the comments regarding our New Home Advisor, Building Support Coordinator and Site Manager. We are so very glad they have been able to assist in making yo... read more »

Good Job !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

My building was managed very well with timely updates and realistic timelines. Workmanship appears to be of good quality. Metricon did delay our project, our land got settled in December but the build couldn't start until May. Once the built started, it all went smooth with minimum delays and timely update by site manager. My cost are up to mark. If Metricon could sort their stuff out, this could have been done in June. Only reason i am giving 5 stars is due to professionalism of Site Manager [name removed] else the way Metricon has handled this, they didn't deserve more than 2 stars.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ali, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read that your build was managed very well through a very smooth construction process. Your feedback is valued and we will ensure our manageme... read more »

3 of 101 pages