Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Smooth process, great quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

From day 1 of signing, customer service has been impeccable. Have been kept in the loop throughout every process done to the build of our new home. Very well organised company that get houses built quickly and to a great standard. It was been a stress free and hassle free experience building with Metricon. I would 100% recommend them to anyone else and would build another home with them. Site supervisor always called us at the same time every week to keep us updated which was great. Any problems we had were fixed efficiently and to a great standard.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Summa, Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 STAR experience with our readers! We are so proud to read you've had impeccable customer service with a quick build of a very high quality st... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Amazing experience pre-construction planning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Buying our first home could be quite confusing and complex. We were at that stage where we contemplated buying an existing house to buying Land and Home package to buying a land and building our house. After much thought and consulting friends who had gone through the experience we decided to buy a land and build our own. We have heard that this could be quite a stressful experience. After a prolonged delay in getting the land registered with the council, we will finally be starting construction next week.
We visited many display homes and builders and decided to build with Metricon. The warmest welcome we received when we visited their display village in Rochedale as well as their reputation helped sway our decision Metricon way. In addition, there were some good offers available to us which added extra features.
Since that day we walked into Metricon up until now (pre-construction stage) our experience with Metricon has been nothing but first class. No query of us were ignored and no request of ours were turned down. Our sales consultant, was honest and forthcoming and not trying to sell upgrades but analysing our needs and recommending the best option. Out customer relationship advisor was simply great. Very prompt in responding to our requests, patient in awaiting our decisions and helping to change/amend items even after deadlines. Our design consultant and every other officer that we had to cross paths have been excellent as well.
We are hoping that our construction phase would give us a similar first class experience from Metricon and we can't wait to see our dream home becoming a reality.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Siera Siera, Thank you for an amazing review. We are very happy to read that you are enjoying your building journey with Metricon. We trust that our team in construction will continue to provid... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Review of supervisor [Name Removed] at lot 1231 gilcambon way clyde north

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Quality of work is good.
[name removed]'s service was exceptional.
We would build again solely on our experience with [name removed].
[name removed] consistently contacted me when he said he would to give me updated. He also addressed all of my concerns when I asked him anything.
Would love to deal with [name removed] again.
Some of the items that were not built according to the contract were replaced without any arguments at all.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi geoffr, Thank you for your wonderful 5 STAR review! We are pleased to read you had an exceptional service from Metricon during the construction of your home. It's very exciting to read you would... read more »

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Absolute horror show, worst of worst experiences of our first home building

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

It must be darkest days of life when I stepped foot in metricon office. There sales consultant ([name removed]) is liar, fraud and cheaters he promised thousand things but has not delivered a single one of them. It's been 3 months since I have paid my deposit and they have not been able to issue my preliminary contract to me and my sales consultant has up till now met us 3 times and has cancelled 11 appointments, some of them without even letting us know.
So I contacted there head office and experience over there is even worst absolutely incompetent service and unacceptable excuses all the time is all I have got from this company. Because of this, I hate that I have decided to built the house in first place and it is going to cost me $10000 extra in rent and land repayment which is absolutely depressing and gut wrenching.
I would not even suggest metricon to my worst enemy.
Also I request every one to get everything in black and white from this company's sale consultant as I requested time and again for everything I was offered before paying the deposit in writing and I was assured I will get it soon but never got it and now I have minimal to fall back on as I have decided to take this fraudulent and lying company to consumer affair and I would request everyone suffering from this company's hand to do the same.

To every one out there please do not make mistake of building with this company.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chirag, We are dissapointed to read that you have yet to receive your preliminary contract since paying your deposit. We have located your file and currently escalating the matter for you. A me... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Chirag, Thank you for your recent feedback. We understand our Operations Manager has been in contact to discuss your concerns. Thank you for allowing us to assist with re-preparing your paperwor... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Good Service and excellent support from [name removed]

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Workmanship and overall build quality is good. The project well managed by [name removed].
I have requested the weekly project update via phone, changed to text messages and the updates was clear and precise. Well done [name removed].
You have just created a loyal customer for Metricon and i will recommend my friends and family on Metricon.
Thank you for the quality and good service.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Donny, We appreciate you taking the time to provide our readers with your recent Merticon experience. We are proud to know your site supervisor provided you with weekly updates that were clear a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Fantastic Job and a Beautiful House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

We moved into our new Metricon home a couple of weeks ago and we are all loving it!! from the day we signed up with Metricon, all of the staff have been great. From our initial sales person, to all of the staff at Studio M and our account manager, all were easy to deal with, friendly, knowledgeable and very professional. i must say though that our Site Manager "[name removed]" was by far the best part of the building process. we were guilty of visiting the property a little too often and [name removed] always made time to show us around and keep us up to date with what had be done, and what was coming up. When you tell someone you are building, the first question is always "what problems are you having with the builder", but we experienced none of this with Metricon. Our house is finished perfectly and i would (and have already) recommend Metricon to anyone else that was looking to build! regards, Paul Davis

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Paul Davis, Congratulations on the completion of your home, we are pleased to read that you are loving your new Metricon home. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your Metricon experi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Sensational job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Just like to thank [Name Removed] on his professional service he provided as site supervisor , nothing was to hard for him he made the experience pleasurable to build with metricon homes from the beginning to the hand over through the defect periods it all flows smoothly and the staff that handles the admin side we’re all professional and good ,

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Anthont kelly, Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 STAR feedback. We are so pleased to read you had a pleasurable building experience with Metricon Homes. Your kind words will be pass... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Our Site Manager was Outstanding!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

There was a few things we were not happy with when we moved into our brand new home! The brick work at the front our our house was all chipped and you could see red through the painted grey! We were very impressed when we had someone higher up come address our issue and ask what would make us happy! Our site manger organised for the front to be rendered and we could not be happier with how it now looks.

[name removed] was a great site manager kept us up to date week by week on the progress of our house. The issues we were not happy with he went above and beyond to get them fixed very quickly and was always very helpful! [name removed] in the office was lovely, always so professional and very quick to respond!

Although we were very disappointed at the start of our build when our contract was "lost" and delayed our overall build time by a few weeks. Having a great site manager who goes above and beyond, definitely makes up for it!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bree, Thank you for your kind review. Thank you for recognising the efforts of our admin team and your site manager who has gone above a beyond to assist with your concerns. We thank you for ch... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Oct 2017

loving where i live

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Metricon has made our first building experience a real pleasure with only a few little hick ups here and there, but Metricon being the good Australian home building company they are, they resolved the small issues with ease. pain free. the finish on the house is immaculate, and all the detail done to the house has been done with the utter most fine precision and craftsmanship. the house was finished within great time, considering the size of the house and great quality. Lastly customer service was excellent , with any little issues reported fixed and taken care of with in that week. would definitely recommend Metricon, considering the smile it has put on my family's face, living in a brand spanking new Metricon home. yours sincerely- carol.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Carol, Thank you for a lovely review. We are so happy to read that you are very happy with all aspects of your home. Congratulations on purchasing your first home Carol, from the team at Metric... read more »

Excellent job of Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Our experience with Metricon and the site manager was amazing. The team was very supporting and understanding.
Our Site manager [name removed] has done excellent job with all constructions and our double story house was build, ready to move in in 4 months, that is very good organising, all operations on site done on time.
During this time we had amazing support and understanding from our site manager. Communication every week and our calls were answered straight a way. My husband and I were very happy with the finish quality of our house, it was just about perfect with only a couple a paint items to fix. Much appreciated his effort to complete our building construction before the official completion date

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi marsela korkaric, Thank you for a great review! We are proud to read that our Site Manager has been very supporting throughout your build. A double story home built in 4 months is certainly a v... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Ignores issues until too late to fix

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Site supervisor does not respond to issues reported on a timely manner thus something simple to fix becomes difficult and eventually ends up just doing a workaround which you are forced to accept. Most of the time you will think “this could have been prevented if only you have acted on it sooner”.

Worksmanship, build quality, management of the build is okay as long as everything goes according to plan but once issues arises as stated above, they struggle.

Customer service is average. Initial stages is okay but once construction begins you are just a number. They are a volume builder so they have less time for you. One thing has been made clear though, their schedule is the only thing that’s important to them.

Will I build with / recommend Metricon again? No.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Obi, We would like to help ensure any outstanding defects are being attended to satisfactorily for you. Please allow us to assist by contacting customercare@metricon.com.au with your reference... read more »

Apparently I cannot do that in fear of further compromising our build. The rectification will happen in a space that is already covered so there is no way to check if it was done in a workmanlike m... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Obi, We are very dissapointed to read of your concerns. We are here to help ensure that all concerns raised are being attended to without compromising the quality of your home. Your feedback wi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent customer service and attentions to details by site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

This is the 5th house I built with Metricon, previously all investment properties and this time finally my own dream house!

Due to the complexity of this project (the very first house with a basement built by Metricon), the whole Metricon team from Sales [name removed] to customer service coordinator [name removed] and last but not lease the site manager [name removed] all spent a lot of quality time and efforts working with myself getting everything right from the beginning.

I am also very pleased with the final product and have been a happy customer throughout the build. The site manager [name removed] has been very professional and helpful throughout the process, we had a few issues outstanding at handover and [name removed] has been very patient getting these things sorted at the end, on the day of handover he event did a number of touch-ups and cleanings by himself. It is the 2nd time I worked with [name removed] and I have no hesitations in recommending him as the site manager for your project if you get a chance!

All in all a very happy customer and I had given this product review a genuine 5 stars!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Daniel, Thank you for an amazing review and we very much appreciate you taking the time to submit some very genuine feedback. We are proud to know the first home with a basement Metricon built h... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2017

Good but not the best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Good customer service during the pre-construction phase and they also let us use our own electrician during construction phase which helped us out in keeping an eye on tradies on the job to see if they were stuffing around
During construction the Site Manager was a bit lazy in getting to our queries which caused us to have a lot of conversations with Metricon HQ in order to see what we wanted (and paid for) done, this is especially inconvenient when you're also trying to run a business meaning my time was stretched thin and stress levels were high

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Abel, Thank you for your review. We are glad you were happy with the service from our Customer Support Team during the pre-construction stage. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will ensure... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Absolutely Awesome from Start to Finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

The support we have had from Metricon throughout the whole build process has been outstanding. Our building supervisor [name removed] was so approachable, always answered any of my dumb questions and followed through on every promise he made us. My wife and I were AMAZED with the finish quality of our house, it was just about perfect with only a couple a paint items to fix. We had heard horror stories from our friends about finding mountains of defect when building a house with other building companies- our experience was nothing like that.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi asands, Many thanks for an awesome review asands! We are excited to read that your whole process building with Metricon has been outstanding. Our team will be very happy to read your great feed... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jan 2012

Terrible service during construction and warranty claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

My home is just 5 years old and recently many cracks appeared throughout the ceiling, walls and tiles and many other. Consulted an independent building inspector and he had informed that there are issues in roof structure and seemed front side of the house in moving and couldn’t find a reason, may be a structural issue. The report was sent to Metricon warranty service for a claim, Metricon supervisor came for a visit and he doesn’t seem to care about the issues and trying to show us these issues are very minor.

I never received a report from Metricon stating what causing the issues, contacted them many times but no replies at all. They just sending trades to do the touch ups to coverup. Wired is just one guy came to fix the roof truss and he said that roof truss wasn’t done properly and the roof is pushing down. Don’t know how he fixed the roof by himself!

We had so many issues since start. Metricon sold us a house and land package and later informed us the advertised house cannot be built at the lot and redone a brand-new house plan to fit in to the lot. Many issues during the construction including the slab, roof, structure, doors and the fittings.

Initial slab wasn’t also done properly and add another layer on top of it to balance or whatever, I really have no idea what they have done. This may be the cause for issues we are experiencing now. Contacted everyone in Metricon to get a report, there just ignoring the request without an explanation, not even replying to the emails. So, we are not sure what to do now, and doesn’t allow any trades to come in until I Metricon send me a report.

These are the same people building homes, So I would not recommend Metricon to anyone.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Warren, We are sorry to read of the issues you are experiencing in your home. For us to seek further information for you, can you please send us an email to customercare@metricon.com.au. Kindly... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Warren, thank you for recent feedback.
A reminder to please contact customercare@metricon.com.au if we can be of further assistance.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

I have contacted you guys many times, still refusing to provide a report. Keep telling that house was built according to the standards, I wouldn't have issues at the first place if the house was bu... read more »

Excellent job of Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

My home was built by Metricon and supervised by the Site Manager, [name removed].
Nathan has done excellent jobs to manage my building construction and good at quality control.
He is patent with me and helped me to understand things when i had the queries.
[name removed] also tried to help me at my convenient time during the construction, eg, for site visit. Much appreciated his effort to complete my building construction before the official completion date.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi WJM, Thank you for your 5 star review. We are so proud to read that your Site Manager has been excellent and accommodating throughout the build of your home. Thank you for recognising the effor... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Lucky Draw

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We built with metricon homes this year, and since the start we have had 3 different supervisors and now that we have settled can not get any communication!!
The first 2 supervisors and experience with metricon homes was great! Could not have said anything bad about them if I wanted to.
Although once our supervisor got promoted and got given another, it has been 1 headache after another!
We settled on the property due to being 36 weeks pregnant and living in a 1 bedroom unit with myself my partner a 2 year old and a newborn which would have been very difficult! We were advised by our supervisor ([name removed]) that we would receive 4 months for any defects instead of the usual 3 because of all their stuff around!
On day of settlement when we received our keys we were also advised by [name removed] to list down all defects we can find within the home and write it down and email it to him and he will organise trades people to come and fix. We moved in on a Friday and sent the list on the Sunday there were roughly 25+ defects within the home.
I have sent [name removed] email after email messages and trying to call and can not get in touch!
The render to the front portico is the incorrect colour we advised [name removed] if this and he said he would come out to our house and look that was 4 weeks ago! And he is still yet to come! [name removed] said he was waiting for [name removed] (head of dulux) to get back to him regarding the colour. Although my partner works for dulux and called [name removed] himself and [name removed] says he hasn't heard from [name removed] in months!! So ever since settlement you will not be able to get them on the phone or any defects in your house fixed! Once they have their money they don't care about your home.
If I was in a different situation or could go back I would hold the last payment until they fixed all defects In the home!
We have contacted and dealing with dbdrv which is the domestic building dispute resolution Victoria. And they will get everything fixed eventually although it is a headache when these defects should be fixed accordingly! We are looking at investment homes and I will not be going with metricon based on this last supervisor [name removed]!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ash, Please allow us to help ensure your concerns are being addressed. We would appreciate if you could please contact us via email to CustomerCare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract num... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Ash, in reference to our last comment on your post, please make contact if we can assist with anything further.
Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Awesome experience for first home builder like us!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Metricon Team has made it very easy for us from start to end. Everything we have picked for the house were carefully noted and implemented. It's our first home and it was very important for us to go to someone we can trust. There were little hurdles/concerns but all were managed and resolved well. A big thanks to Metricon Team! Looking forward to move in to our new home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rita G, Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 STAR experience with our readers! We are delighted to read your process has been smooth from start to end. We will ensure your kind words a... read more »

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

The building of our new home was very quick and stress free. Our site manager kept us well informed and any issues we had were dealt with very promptly. We would highly recommend Metricon to anyone that wants to build a new home.
We still cannot believe how quick our home was built without skimping on the quality of the workmanship. A job well done!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Korina V, Thank you for your wonderful 5 STAR review! We are happy to read your Metricon journey was quick and stress-free. To know you are extremely happy with how quickly your home was built ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Love my new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

The experience I had with Metricon are good and bad however at the end of the day, the end result is good, I am very happy and loving my new home.
Here I me share my experience on various ups and down I have gone through from start till end.
Sales stage was really good, I give a thumb-up to my sales consultant who have done a great job giving us ideas and advises on various things. Our Sales consultant also supported us throughout our pre-consultant journey which was not part of her job but she tries to help us as much as she can, we really appreciate that, Thanks.
The Pre-construction stage was not good, very annoying and frustrating, I must say. We signed our contract then got told we have to change the design slightly due to certain restriction on our block of land. Metricon have the plan of our block of land right from the beginning, why is this not identified in the first place?! During pre-construction, we had three change-over of Customer Support Co-coordinators, this makes it even more frustrating because the hand over were poor, I have to provide details to the new Co-coordinator so he/she know what I am talking about. The variations are hard to follow, we have to do our own checking to ensure they are correct. There are times we have to ask the manager to check if we get credits for items we taking off the building package, if we didn't ask, I wouldn't get the credit so always ask!
I hope Metricon review their pre-construction process and try to improve it to make it a smoother process for the others who come along.
When construction phase starts, it all happened very quickly with minor hiccup-ups but apart from that I must say it went smoothly. Our site manager addressed all the queries and issues in a timely manner.
During inspection, before keys got hand over, we pin point issues that needed to be address and the turn-around time for those items were fixed in a timing manner. The only thing I would like to say is, it would be great if all items in the house-hold are tested (if not everything, majority of the things) before handing over the keys to us, this would minimize the number of times we get interrupted from people who have to come back to fix/touch-up on various items after the keys got handed over.
Now that we’ve moved into our home, we love living in it! Still have ongoing maintenance that we found as we living there which I guess is normal when they are small item(s) but with big items like sink leakage; toilet blockage, I believe Metricon will have them address a.s.a.p.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mrs So, Thank you for taking the time to share your Metricon experience. We are pleased to know the construction went very smoothly and your Site Manager addressed all your queries in a timely ... read more »

4 of 76 pages

Hi Metricon, we are building a Metricon Liberty in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Peter asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, thank you for your enquiry. We are dissapointed to read of the issues you are experiencing. Please allow us to seek further feedback for you by contacting us via email to customercare@metricon.com.au referencing your contract number or full Lot address. We look forward to your contact.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Hi Metricon, This question was posted as a review was posted in the 'terrible' reviews section of this website 3 days ago. It was promised it wouldn't take long to be posted. 3 days later it has not yet been approved to go live. Please explain why. Is there filtering out of negative reviews? If so, by who?

Hi Metricon, I refer to the earlier question I asked you about the '6 stage quality assurance process' in your marketing communications. Thank you for listing the 5 building stages. Can you please provide some details about how each building stage is thoroughly assessed to assure ultimate quality. What processes does Metricon conduct within the building stages to assure the quality? Also, what is the 6th stage that is mentioned in Metricon's brochure? (In your response you only mention 5 stages?) Can you please provide some details, or direct me to where I can find this specific information. Please help me to understand what this actually means when my home is being built. How is Metricon different to "other builders" regarding quality. Peter

Peter asked on Jan 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, It is good you are keeping the lines of communication open. I am learning a lot from you, and it a good thing that everyone talks and communicates. All the best, sincerely.

Hi Metricon, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Sydney. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards, and there are differences to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's senior management in NSW over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are now awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How do you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and your senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

Can anyone good, honest and reliable builders in the Melbourne area, who specialise in sub-dividing / building medium density houses? Many thanks

Brittany S asked on Jan 11, 2018