Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Best Experience Ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

My build was an amazing experience. The building supervisor kept me up to date along the build and if I had a question would get an answer as soon as possible. The team work between all of the Metricon team was fantastic and I could email at any time and would receive a response within the day, from any of the team. Building is always a stressful time, but the professionalism of the entire team made this easier. All of the contractors were professional and kept a tidy site which allowed me to view my home from the road with no issue. If I was to build again, it would definitely be with Metricon. The ability to be flexible with the requirements needed within the home was an easy process and if I had forgotten a power point or needed a change in the bathroom, these were accommodated without any hassle. The connection with Financepath allowed the funding process to be streamlined and hassle free.
An awesome experience all around. Thanks for being flexible and available throughout the whole process.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Phil W, Thank you for this fantastic 5 STAR review! We are thrilled to read you had an amazing experience building with Metricon and our team’s professionalism, communication and work ethic en... read more »

Geelong

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Customer Service is non existent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We had paid a deposit and went through ALL the huge amount of time in modifying our plans, then picking all the colours, electrical right through to the door knobs. This process went very slowly but after many months we had it all sorted from our end . When it came to getting the contract it was different. First draft took weeks and of course it was wrong. Emailed both our csc and the Geelong Operations Support Manager(who was hopeless) with the items that needed attention. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing I again emailed both these people with a chaser, still heard nothing again. After another 2 weeks of complete silence I got my solicitor to contact them, as we were away, and of course finally a reply. By this stage we had lost all confidence in Metricon being able to deliver anything, let alone a quality home, all the while costing us rent whilst they stuff arround! I calculated the whole ‘experience’ had cost about $7000 plus the $3000 deposit they had taken.
We reluctantly decided to cut our losses and requested our deposit back as they had admitted the delays were there fault, but once again delay, delay, delay. Finally they offered half and I once again requested more than that. To expediate things I said we would take $2000 to move on quickly and end this long saga.
It has cost us a fortune, so be warned, be careful in your dealings with Metricon and ensure that everything is in writing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi GAS, We are sorry to read about your experience. We have sent you a private message requesting more information from you, so we can look into this further. We look forward to hearing from you. Warm regards, Metricon

Metricon Official

Hi GAS, Thank you for sharing your recent review. As advised in our Private Message, the matter has been reviewed by our Management Team who provide the following response. Our Team issued a ... read more »

I repeat nothing has changed. The above reply is NOT all of the facts and this would have been evident if all of the information was actually read.
It is a pity I have not the option of leaving a 0 star rating

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

New House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I am really happy with the way Metricon handled my house. Selection process was easy quick initial works such as planning colour selection etc. Construction was the most convenient part for me. Metricon was well ahead the expected completion date. House was completed and handed over to me well ahead the agreed completion date. Works are up to my satisfaction. [name removed] Building supervisor was very friendly and helpful.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi PIYAL, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. We are happy to know your journey with Metricon has been so easy and construction was completed well ahead of schedule! PIYAL... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Excellent Quality house- Loving where we live

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Very Excited to write this review considering the fact that we will get to celebrate Christmas in our new house which at one point didn’t seem possible.
In order to maintain the reliability and value of the reviews on this site I will keep new home builders in mind and try to contain my excitement.
Before I start I would specially like to commend Metricon and my construction site supervisor [name removed] for doing an amazing job in the construction phase.
We built the Bentleigh 42 and went with the Grandeur promotion pack.

Sales Stage: I would rate this a 5 star experience as our sales consultant was very patient with our approach and questions.
He didn’t break a sweat even though we kept changing our house plans almost every month. He happily gave us multiple quotes for each of Winchester, Salamanca, Merricks and finally the Bentleigh.
He went out of his way to provide us with product information that other consultants would refuse to give without us putting down a deposit.(I’m not sure if should mention that here!). We all know that there are bound to be some mistakes but he did well to accept, admit and take responsibility to support us even after the sales stage right through until the end of construction stage and that makes a huge difference for a first time builder. He made sure everything went smooth for us.

After-sales/Sales accept and Admin stage: Surprisingly this was the most stressful time for us. I would rate this stage with a 2 star rating mainly due to unnecessary delays and backing out on written communications. The after sales guys delayed us 2 months, the drafting/estimating/customer service delayed us by another month and a half. They couldn’t get the contract documents and drawings ready on time and kept making terrible mistakes with my selections, plans and pricing even though my communications were pretty clear with colour coded mark ups and instructions. I’m not sure they even read them.

Post contract stage/Pre-construction Stage: I would rate this stage with a 3 stars and again due to delays from drafting and engineering. The customer coordinator who replaced the previous one in particular was really very hard to deal with and she made sure it was as hard as possible for us with constant lying and denying. But the pre-construction side of the team was very understanding and helpful with the site clearing/cleaning and preparing for construction. The drafting/engineering team kept messing up the drawings just like did before contract signing and managed to delay us by another month.

Construction Stage: I wish I could rate this stage higher than 5 stars. If it was up to me I would rate them 10 out 5 stars! As mentioned at the start of this review [name removed] our site supervisor was our saving grace with our whole building experience and hands down made up for more than the admin stage did to damage our opinion of Metricon. Nothing was too hard or a problem for [name removed]. He was very good with his updates and understood exactly what we wanted. He respected our Independent Inspector’s reports and pro-actively resolved all those issues for us. All this he did 5 weeks ahead of his house completion schedule. There are a few outstanding issues but were no fault of his thanks to muck ups from the admin team with wrong PO’s. I mention this because inspite of all that [name removed] has done well to take care of them for us and in the end made sure we are happy with the house. On the side notes he was very friendly, fun, understanding and easy to approach. Hand down Metricon over delivered on my expectations in the construction stage.

Overall Conclusion: I will rate Metricon with 5 Stars overall keeping in mind the ‘end product’ and our expectations. Even though the admin stage was frustrating the overall build time and quality of work is simply outstanding. I know that in years to come I will appreciate and remember them for the kind of house they have given us and not the admin process that we went through. If you are looking for a quality end product I would definitely recommend Metricon Homes.

Thanks for reading through my review and I have only been so detailed because I have made 80% of my building decisions based on reviews and advice I could find on the internet and hope this would help at least one person if not more!
Wish you all the best!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joseph, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! We are thrilled you get to enjoy Chrismas in your new home! What an amazing achievement from our Construct... read more »

First Time Builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Once we got to construction mode the build was well organised without any long delays, any issues we had in this time was sorted efficiently and promptly.

The quality and the finishes are really great/

The sales rep - [name removed] was exceptional nothing to hard. All questions were answered and phone calls returned
within reasonable time

Pre construction - ref. communication skill with office staff - ([name removed]) was / is non existent
WE WERE VERY CLOSE TO CANCELLING OUR CONTRACT WITH METRICON.

Construction - [name removed] - YOU ARE A LEGEND - thank you for making everything run smoothly and iron out
all any issues that we had. Your weekly updates were exceptional. Your promises were kept.
You are an asset to the Metricon brand.

Costs - Our costings actually came in a little cheaper than the original contract price - YAY

Please note 5 stars is only for the Sales Representative and Construction Staff.
The other person Named needs to have their position seriously looked into.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Scottyca, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are disappointed to read your feedback regarding our Customer Support Coordinator. please be assured, we have shared this wit... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Incredible family home with smooth building process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

The building phase was managed perfectly by our Site Manager [name removed]. He was fantastic. We were living interstate for the majority of the time and he was great with communicating and sending photos. The quality and design of our house is fantastic. The only challenges were in Pre construction and selections. It was very delayed. Pricing came within 10% of what we expected. Overall we are thrilled and so happy to be in our wonderful home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Heidi Girolamo, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. It’s wonderful to read our Site Manager ensured your construction journey was managed perfectly and whilst being inte... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Highly recommended site manager [name removed]

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I would like to specifically thank to my site manager [name removed]. He has the enthusiasm for his work, vey well organized, easy to communicate with, strong problem solving ability, efficient delegation skill, attention to detail & willing to help attitude.

It is my fortune to have him be my site manager. I am very grateful for his effort on building our family home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Stanley Cheng, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. We are pleased to know our Site Manager has provided such excellent service with his enthusiasm, communication skills,... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Amazing Home! The BEST!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

[name removed], our supervisor, provided the BEST service for our new Hamptons Styled home. We will build with Metricon again for sure. No issues during construction as communication was always 100% and all questions answered quickly. Quality of the home is stunning. Costs were kept in check with what we expected. [name removed] at Head Office always communicated quickly and responded in a positive way in all responses. Very happy with our new home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Viv, “Amazing Home! The BEST” – Love the title of this review! We are so proud to read your feedback regarding the service provided by our Site Supervisor during the construction of your home!... read more »

A happy experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our 2nd Building Coordinator [name removed] for his great work. even though he took over the job recently after a few hiccups at the start of signing the contract that we had to face with previous Building Coordinator, [name removed] helped things to go smoothly.

Special thank you to our Site Supervisor [name removed]. I would say, he has been an absolute pleasure to deal with. His responsibility, capability and efficiency to follow up our queries and to get the job done have been outstanding. I like the way he approached to us. He always respect us and all our concerns and to have them dealt with by understanding where we are coming from. [name removed] 's enthusiasm and understanding the importance and excitement of building our first is much appreciated

I am extremely pleased with Metricon staff's communication and their honest feedback on where the build is at. Our 2nd Site Supervisor [name removed] and Site Manger [name removed] always kept us updated on the progress of construction and communicated with us in a high efficient manner. They are both always happy to help and answer any questions we have.

Muna

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Muna, Thank you for this great 5-star review! We are glad your first building experience with has been a pleasant one. It's great that our staff have provided you with great communication du... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Experience with Customer Support in Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I have chosen Metricon for my first home build. Everything has been new to me from the selection of design, getting an approval of contraction and selections of internals.
Once I decided to build my home with Metricon, a dedicated Customer Support person is allocated and I have been guided throughout the processes. I was able to get the answers to my questions quickly always and all required steps have been well communicated.
Although I have had some issues with the trees on my land, it was relatively quickly resolved with correct guide.
Engagement was great and it was pleasing experience so far. It was a right decision choosing Metricon.
I look forward to moving in my new house!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dave, Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5 Star review for our readers. We are pleased to know our Customer Support Coordinator has been able to guide you through the pre construction... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Great company to work with always got back to me and made sure i was happy with the final build. Even if items need attending too after hand over it was noted. The project manager was always accessible and willing to help i was very pleased with his efforts on building our family home . He always made sure things got done properly.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joe, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. We are proud Metricon has been a great company to work with and our team was efficient, kept you up to date and ensured your con... read more »

A great overall experience...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Our build was managed exceptional well and in a professionally and in a timely manner. Metricon has been responsive through out our journey from day one. In particular we were impressed with the service towards the end of our build. Both our Building Support Coordinator [name removed] and our Site Supervisor [name removed] completed all that was promised to the letter and did in a very considerate way so we can do our preparations to move in without having to worry about the build, they took care of everything as if it was their home. Our Build Support Coordinator was really helpful and resolved all our requests quickly. In particular towards the final handover the quality assurance was great and our Site Manager went out of his way to do more than what was required to make sure we were happy before we moved in. I've said this before in my communication with Metricon but I say it again here, they are luck to have such a professional and efficient Site Manager on their team. Further to this as promised, the bushfire zone costing was reimbursed as soon as the area designation was bush fire free. This reimbursed was a great financial relief towards the end. My son also built his home with Metricon and if my other son wanted to build a home I would make sure he uses Metricon too.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi shefik, Thank you for a great 5 STAR Review. We are proud to read our construction team has been very helpful and that your build has been managed exceptionally well. We thank you for taking th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Easy as

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Build was done quick and efficiently. Minor hiccups were resolved instantly and easily.
Overall the build quality was good.
Few things could have been done better. Plumbing especially.
Building Supervisor was great to work with and easy to communicate with which makes the build process alot easier.
Final cost was pretty much what it should have been besides a minor variation on my behalf as the owner.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Michael T, We are pleased to read our team built your new home quickly and efficiently, and that our Site Supervisor was great to work with and communicating with them was easy. Michael T, th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Fantastic Product and Build Time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Our project completed earlier than we anticipated and was a breeze through the construction process.
The flexibility and professionalism of the site manager were commendable.
The finished house is as good as expected. Although the office staff changed several times, they were helpful through the process.
The digital tracking of the 90-day service phase looks interesting and looking forward to see how effective it is.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chandi J, Thank you for a fantastic 5 star review. We are delighted to know that your project was completed earlier than anticipated and that the construction process was just a breeze for you.... read more »

Gold Coast

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Metricon is excellent Builder with no problems and highly recommend them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

We found the process with Metricon to be a smooth, painless process with no surprises. Our friends, and family warned that building would be a stressful, tiring, and painful process but not with Metricon. Everything that Metricon advised would occur did occur, there were no cost increases or any variations whatsoever since the contract signing. The attention to detail was excellent, the finishes second to none, and inclusions in our view exceeded any other builders. I note because of Metricon’s large buying power, the appliances, and other items you can compete with even if you do source yourself.

Our block was not straight forward, and was narrow and on a slope but Metricon were able to build on it with ease. Metricon commenced construction immediately, and finalised the build long before the anticipated completion date. Another builder in our same estate, who started before Metricon still have not completed the construction of their home for a similar house down. Metricon also did the covenant approval process, were some other builders seek for to attend to this step directly yourself.

Prior to commencing our easy process with Metricon, were commenced the process with another mid-size building company. Even before we commenced it was extremely stressful and disconcerting process with the other said builder but when we come over to Metricon the costs and process was a certainty.

We were so happy with all the individuals we worked with including our sale consultant [Name Removed]. A real estate agent who provided us with a recent appraisal also indicated you can tell is a Metricon build.

We really do love where we live, and we have recommended with all our friends and family to build with Metricon. We note in the future if were to build again, we would never consider building with any other builders but Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Robert U, Thank you for sharing this lovely 5 Star review. It is so great know your entire journey with Metricon has been an excellent one. We are proud our team has exceeded your expectatio... read more »

Best Experience, Best Building Supervisor & Support Coordinator ! Simply Amazing !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Our build has been the best experience we could imagine - we had the best Building support coordinator [name removed] and Building Supervisor [name removed] no stone was left unturned when it came to information and updates about our build. If you are fortunate to have either look over your build you are extremely lucky !! All workmanship is what you expect in a new home and if it wasn't it has been attended to no questions asked - to top it all off we received our house months before it was due. Our Building supervisor [name removed] and Support Coordinator [name removed] have made sure any item we have wanted assessed has been and fixed accordingly (if required). All costing has been in line with what was originally agreed upon - we were fortunate to receive reimbursement due to bush fire regulations not applying to our suburb. Fantastic experience, [name removed] and [name removed] are amazing operators !!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Daniel, many thanks for sharing an amazing review for Metricon. It is pleasing to read that the workmanship of your home is what you have expected and that your supporting team made sure there w... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

Amazing site supervisor and team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

We built a home with Metricon. Very happy with the site supervisor [name removed] and his team. The build was smooth and on time. We had some hiccups with paper work before starting but [name removed] sorted things out quickly after taking over our file. Both [name removed] and [name removed] provided exceptional service. We were kept up to date weekly from [name removed] with phone calls, he was very polite and professional. We have been really happy with the build quality and the progress that has occurred with the house.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hello Claudia, Thank you for sharing a lovely 5 STAR Review for Metricon. We are glad to read that our team has provided professional service and that you are happy with quality and progress of yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Sep 2018

professional staff, good quality & excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

it's been a very good experience since day 1 with my sales manager [name removed] and site manager [name removed], their professional service helped us to go through the whole journey without stress and pain, even there were some mistakes and errors but all got fixed in a reasonable time frame, the workmanship is good for what we can see, the communication with Metricon is always easy & smooth, I always have email response within 1-2 days and site manager always calls me once a week with the update of construction. once we reached up to IOC state the building support team is also very help, [name removed] and [name removed] took the ownership and guided me for the document preparation and making inspection appointment.

this is the first time for us to build a brand new house and the journey with Metricon is awesome, if we are building another one Metricon will be the only choice.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi James Yang, We are so pleased to know your first experience building a home has been great from day one and our team has provided excellent service with their professionalism, prompt communicat... read more »

Best experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

From the first contact with the supervisor, he was very informative and helpful , a weekly phone call and update on the build was never missed .
The quality of his work was exceptional and every fault was rectified promptly.
[name removed] went out of his way to ensure that we were satisfied with the build
After the encouragement from my parents who have built with Metricon before I’m completely satisfied with my choice.
If I was to ever build with Metricon again it will be because how [name removed] handled my build and did a fantastic job whilst also finishing before the estimated date.
Well done [name removed] , great build

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Korie y, We are thrilled to read you are satisfied with your choice of building with Metricon- Fantastic! We are pleased our Site Supervisor provided you with great service throughout your cons... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Excellent service , very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have built with different builders before and I have to say I got the best experience with Metricon so far. [name removed] was my customer support coordinator and she has been very very helpful and efficient, calling me every Friday to provide the update and helping me to get all the documents requested. We got the CDC within 5 weeks time, and aim to start the construction before Christmas. Much appreciated [name removed], I would like to say I am so lucky to be one of your clients!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Clyde Lin, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with us. We are pleased to know our Customer Support Coordinator has helped make you pre construction journey a great one by providing effic... read more »

4 of 112 pages