Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

So happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Happy with quality and speed and how smooth the whole process was, [name removed] was great so was everyone we dealt with at metricon, we couldn’t be happier and would definitely recommend Metricon, they were very supportive from start to finish and quite inspirational to see how successful they are and you can totally under stand why after building with them

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JoelT, Thank you so much for your great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read that your whole journey with Metricon went smoothly and that our team was a pleasure to deal with. We appreciate yo... read more »

Caranbourne West

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Awesome House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

10/10 for our site manager. He was always helpful with any issues or queries we had. Always rang every week with an update of progress.
Office staff were pretty average but eventually got everything sorted
Our sales consultant was awesome also. She was very accommodating and always happy to help us during the first stages of deciding to purchase our house and the extras we wanted to add on

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jase, Thank you for your awesome 5 Star Review! It is great to read that both your site manager and sales consultant were very helpful and assisting with any queries that you had. We appreciate ... read more »

I wish i could redo my review now as after being in the house now for almost 1 month there are several issues that have arised 1 being a serious drainage issue. After attempting to contact our buil... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Jase, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have raised the matter to the relevant team for review. A member of the team will be in contact with you once completed. We appreciate your... read more »

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Dishonest and Unapologetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Metricon said yes to our requirements to get us to put the deposit in. Once we signed up we were told their commitments were a bunch of 'miscommunication' and would not be fulfilled. Then they told us you either compromise or lose your deposit.
We were lied to repeatedly and Metricon is quite unapologetic about it.
We are building our first home, so maybe we aren't as familiar with the way these things work, but we really thought Metricon was better than this. This was barely the beginning of the journey, and even though we lost our deposit, it is better to have lost a couple of grand then to risk several hundred.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mohit, We understand our Customer Care team have been in close communications with you via Private Message from 6th March to present. We confirm an outcome has been provided to you on behalf of ... read more »

You are pretending this is not an ethical issue, but a technical one.
Outcome = You won't get back any money even though you were lied into paying it, and we are not sorry for wasting your time, money and energy.
Great work resolutions team.

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Overall great experience with Metricon and Best Sales Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

We built with Metricon Homes at North Kellyville.

My husband and I are very young couple, we don't have any experience in building house. We are very happy to choose Metricon Homes and our sales manager [Name Removed] to help us finish the first house in our life.

Our house have settled by the eve of Christmas last year. Now, it has moved to warrantee part.
We’ve done our house inspection with a professional Independent Building inspector recently. He gave 9 out of 10 in regarding to the quality. Our inspector would like to choose Metricon due the cost effective and overall quality and service Metricon could offer.

Special thanks to Metricon Homes Sales Manager [name removed] who has helped us to select our land at North Kellyville in 2016. He and his assistant [name removed] gave us very professional services and advices about our new home in our first language Mandarin Chinese from tender request to contract signing. The construction time of this house is around 1 year, in this period, my sales help me to negotiate with my site manager once we found some issues or defects on the house.
In the last stage, I am looking forward Metricon could fix all defects in the report from third part inspection for us ASAP.
We will recommend Metricon to our friends and probably build with Metricon again in the near future if we could find another block.
Thank you Metricon for a wonderful first home building experience, we hope the warranty fixing period could go smoothly.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mimi Zhang, Congratulations on building your very first home and thank you for your great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read our Sales Manager has provided an outstanding service in assistin... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Terrible Costumer Service and Sales Representative.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

At first we though we are good to build with Metricon. It sounds promising. We supposed to be signing our contract next week. We been through all the changes we want including color scheme and back and fort correspondence -- confusion back and fort too due to the change of Sales Coordinator. Our base price that supposed to be locked for 12 months was increased because the first Sale Consultant left and didnt submit the document to locked it - even if we paid the money to fixed it. Delays due to Sales Rep giving us options of facade that was not fit to our lot or layout that was not compliant to what we already requested and so many times, credit that we supposed to give us due to changing carpet to timber flooring, reduce size of outdoor/dining etc. The supposed to be "fixed site" cost that we signed during the locked price was increased, due to "Slab upgrade due to the existing fill on site that we not counted for the initial fixed site cost estimate". The Standard slab is M but teh fixed site cost supposed to be increased only if Soil Test result to be E or S and need change slab accordingly. Our soil test is H, which is common to Western Suburb areas.
They don't want to give the credit, blaming us for the confusion and correction of the layout that we already requested that didn't reflected on their layouts and wants to charge extra for the site cost before the contract signing when we already got our finances sorted and the Contract price they want us to sign is above our maximum capacity.

We considering to find other builder now. We dont want further stress.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi MitzYao, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have located your file and have escalated the concerns to Management for review. We appreciate your patience during this time of invest... read more »

To avoid further delay and stress to us, we decided not to build with Metricon. I suggest Metricon should look and review your sales and coordination system and Customer service. Seriously, you sho... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi MitzYao, We are disappointed to read of your decision. We understand our internal team is currently processing your cancellation. We wish you the very best in your future build plans MitzYao, I... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Very happy in our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

The build was surprisingly the least stressful part! The build was well managed our building manager was amazing! I give him a 5star rating! He was approachable, kept me up to date and very accommodating. the build went quickly and smoothly which was fantastic. The quality of the finish is good.
Customer service pre build was very stressful!! Very little customer service once we had signed for the build. This part was very disappointing..
Final product I’m very pleased with and very happy :)

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Vickytoria M, Thank you for your amazing 4 Star Review! It is great to read that the construction of your home was a quick and smooth process and that your building manager always kept you up to... read more »

This review is for the Building Supervisor. Not for customer service people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

workmanship & build quality was good. All minor repair items identified at Customer Presentation were rectified by handover.
[Name Removed] managed the build exceptionally well. Great communication and prompt response to all queries. Everything was delivered as promised and approx. on time. Cannot fault [Name Removed] on any part of the build / handover experience.
Customer service and support was very average. Staff were not interested in seeing things from my point of view or going the extra mile to assist me. One example, when I paid extra for downlights the plans were changed from my original siting of the lights in the kitchen because they would interfere with the cupboards. I patiently explained I had not ordered cupboards. Still the plans were changed to accommodate the person doing the re-drawing. In the end I simply gave up because this issue was holding up the works. I went with the downlights in the position that the person wanted!!! Despite my issues with the customer service team (and I had many), I was grateful that the salesperson, [Name Removed] and the building supervisor, [Name Removed] were excellent at the start of my build and the end. I worked around the very ordinary service from the middle people.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers. We are so pleased that your build experience was managed exceptionally and there was great communication. We appreciat... read more »

Excellent '5 Star' Site Supervisor [name removed]

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

We started our process with a really good new home consultant [name removed] who helped and guided us through the first stages of choosing our home and finding the block we wanted. Then we moved onto the next stage of dealing with so many different people in the office which turned out to be an nightmare. By the time we finally made on site we were ready for more drama.
Well we were in for a surprise. We found our site supervisor [name removed] fantastic. Not only is he professional he also knows what he is talking about. Nothing was too much trouble, he sorted out any concerns we may have had and provided regular updates. [name removed] went over and above all expectations we had going into this build and now we are finally in our new home. Well done [name removed] these '5 stars' are for your hard work you put into our build. Thank you.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review for our readers! It is great to read that our Sales team were very helpful with choosing both your home and land. We are prou... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Great experience with the construction stage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

The build was very well managed and completed much sooner than expected. The site manager [name removed] has been great. He kept me updated every step of the way, with calls every week and organized multiple visits for me at different stages of the build so that I could see the progress. He also explained everything in great detail to me, things that I would normally know nothing about but the information helped me understand everything better.

There were a few hiccups with the pre-construction stages with Metricon but they have made up for it by organizing the construction to complete ahead of schedule.

So, I would like to thank specifically the site manager [name removed] and the Building Support Coordinator [name removed] for their great service and making me feel that my satisfaction mattered to them and they cared enough that I had a good experience.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi S A, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5 Star Review! We are so pleased to read that our team was able to build your home ahead of schedule. It is great to know that you were kep... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

working with the site supervisor [name removed]

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

It was painless and excellent experience working with [name removed].
[name removed] is always explaining the process step by step and always up to date with construction schedule.
he is a great site supervisors, always updating me with building progress on a weekly bases.
very well organized and always helpful in suggesting/ and providing solutions and ideas.
it is a pleasure to have [name removed] as your building supervisor.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nick, We are proud to read that your Site Supervisor has made your build journey such an excellent experience! It is great to know that he has continuously kept you updated and is always providi... read more »

Thanks to DW

Simple Design Great Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

There was a bit of delay from pre-construction process but as soon as it was handed out to the construction team, they hit the ground running, the house was completed within 18 weeks (including holiday break). [name removed], our site supervisor was really knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, we received a weekly call or text or email (if you prefer) for updates on the progress and attended several site visits. He made the whole building a new home process almost stress-free. Despite some minor (cosmetics issues), we are really happy with the final product. We had really great experience and cannot thank [name removed] enough for looking after the construction stage to completion.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi RosS, Thank you for taking the time to write your great 5 Star Review! We are pleased to read that your home was constructed in a timely manner and it was an almost stress-free experience for yo... read more »

Lower Templestowe

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Mar 2017

very poor quality of drive way

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

It was the worst decision that we had 2 townhouses built by Metricon! The finish of the building was rough and the drive way has many very deep cracks. We have been requesting them to fix the problem but was told to Waite until their inspector comes in June. After 3 months and the inspector came and checked every thing taking many photos, he agreed it was the concrete problem and he will

would report to Metricon but never getting back until we contacted several times then we were told " it is within the quality tolerance and we can find an independent inspector and provide a report but at our cost, which they know it may be more then we fix it by our self. They are a large company and they know we can't afford to do it so they take the advantage!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi CHENG, Thank you for contacting us via Product Review and for bringing this to our attention. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and hope you will allow us the opportunity to investi... read more »

Thanks, I have contacted the customer care many times but nobody cares . If you do want to solve the problem let them to contact me . Otherwise we could continue dis visiting on the website.
Regards

I have never seen a driveway as worse as Metricon made in Melbourne.

Building a home made easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Building overall was as planned fairly easy. The final results very happy. There were a few issues with communication and things not explained appropriately. e.g internet connection which created a few headaches and no connection for washing machine. It was great to get phone calls from supervisor advising of stages of building and photos were exciting. It was a bit scary when smoke alarms went off several times but supervisor said faulty and new ones quickly replaced. Thank you Metricon and no doubt good support if needed from here. People love our house and so do we .

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jan Dainton, Thank you for sharing your review with our readers! We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on for future business improvements. It is great to read that your site supervisor h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

Exceptional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Our new home build is finally underway!! I cannot praise [name removed] (Customer Relations Advisor) enough. Nothing was ever any trouble, the communication, her attention to detail and her patience was outstanding, well done Metricon you have a great team member in [Name Removed]. We are looking forward to our beautiful new home, and have been extremely happy with our dealings with Metricon

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Luzette,
Thank you for your great 5 Star Review!
It is great to read that you have had an exceptional experience so far with Metricon.
We are pleased to be assisting in making your dream home a reality!
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Efficient Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

The process with Metricon was very smooth. Always received text massage from our supervisor [Name Removed] about the progress of the build. He has made the whole process easy and worries-free.
The final result of the home building was close to perfect. We engaged an independent building assessor to review the final touch of the house and there are only handful of minor amendments that needed to be made.
We will definitely engage Metricon again for the next job.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Cherylnick, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are so pleased to read that your site supervisor made your build process worry free and kept you thoroughly up to date. It is lovely to kno... read more »

Easy to all our house a home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Couldn't fault the Builder at all - friendly and very accommodating!
Always answered phone calls and texts. The customer service from the team prior to could have been a little better - had to do a little chasing as we had a new person looking after us almost every week!
But at the end of the day we are very happy with our home :)

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sammy, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers. We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on for future business improvements. We are pleased to read that you can n... read more »

ADELAIDE

• 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Love where you live!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

Can’t find words to describe our great experience with Metricon everything is positive 

It’s our first home build here in Australia so we can say we have little or no knowledge at all on how build process works in Adelaide. However, from the first day we approached Metricon, the person we have dealt with ([name removed]) was above our expectations.

[name removed] really helped us finding suitable block size with home design we have chosen in the beginning until we landed on the land and location perfect for the home we wanted. Colour and façade selection is stressing for most but Metricon ensure customers will have a beautiful combinations as final product.

When we reached council approvals I thought this was difficult either, but [Name Removed] made this a breeze a process, constant follow-ups were made to ensure we are right on track!

And now for the build process, our Site Manager ([name removed]) was very excellent, he has great attention to details. He is always available whenever we have questions or concerns during the build. He also spends time on sending us text message for progress and will take place on the build which is really great to know what has been done and things to be completed in the next following days, which made me and wife always excited every week 

During the inspection, I would say our Site Manager did an outstanding job on making presentation and inspection at the same time, he has great attention to details even small scratches which needs to be repainted are spot on, this kind of things we as owner may not see this instantly.

The handover was also pretty smooth, all paperworks, keys, warranties are laid to us and organised on a single binder (very neat!). At the end of day, our Site Manager told us that he can be still be instantly contacted if there are concerns or fixes needs to be done.

Been living on the new built house for almost a month and now as we are definitely loving it, we had couple of friends visited us already and envied with the superior build quality of Metricon which we have referred to Metricon too.

Overall, I can prove that quote “love where you live” is true, we are all excited to go home after work and just spend day at home during weekend. I highly recommend building with Metricon, beautiful home, stress free and friendly and professional staff!

Cheers
Roger & Marichel Cortez

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi ruelcortez78, Congratulations on building your first Australian home and thank you for taking the time to write this great 5 Star Review! It is great to read that our team helped you find the pe... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

Great construction. I’m very satisfied with the quality of the house. More over, the site manager [name removed] is also a very nice person. We are from overseas and sometimes we couldn’t understand fully of the professional terms. He explained patiently of all the things.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Xiaoyan L, Thank you for your 5 Star Review! We are pleased to read that you site manager produced a great home for you and helped explain things that you didn't understand. We hope that you Lov... read more »

Excellent Supervisor!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

The process with Metricon at the beginning was a bit tedious, but as soon as the build started there was a huge relief. Our supervisor made the whole experience for us, all that much more enjoyable. He was completely on the ball and ensured everything was done to perfect standards. We would recommend Metricon solely on the supervisor we had. We couldn't recommend him enough! There are a few bits and pieces still incomplete but hoping these will be fixed very shortly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Claudia and Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your 5 STAR experience! We truly appreciate your feedback and will ensure your review is passed on to Management for consider... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Best Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Building with metricon was one of the great experience. I have give five star to our site supervisor [name removed]. He made our journey smooth one. We had a full confidence with him , he did a fantastic job for us. We are really excited with result which is amazing. Really happy with the work . We would highly recommend Metricon

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi C Habib, Thank you for your great 5 Star Review! It is great to read that your site supervisor made your journey such a smooth one and that you are very happy with the final product. We do hope ... read more »

4 of 83 pages