Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Sep 2018

First time building.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I must say that building with ABC Homes aka budget Metricon has been a breeze. I often hear horror stories regarding issues people have had with their builders which leaves them in all sorts of predicaments. I am happy to say that I have not had a single issue with Metricon thus far. My Site Manager [name removed] provided me with weekly updates, attended to all of my inquiries in a timely manner and was always pleasant to deal with.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Stacey, congratulations on building your first home. We are so pleased to read your build with ABC homes has been a breeze and most importantly our team was a pleasure to deal with. Thank you fo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Easiest Build Ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I would have to say that getting to the starting point took longer than I expected. This was only because the house was completely off grid, had no water, no phone and was in a high fire risk area. Once we got through all the government and council hoops and the Project Manager was appointed they really flew through the build.
I had a project manager mate from a competitor, with no team in the area, go through the home prior to handover. He could not fault the work. The Project Manager Metricon gave me told me at the outset that the home would take less than 28 weeks and look just like the Franklin Display and he was spot on.
As it turned out the only hold up was with me organising the water tanks, fire fighting system and solar power.
Even then my Project Manager did everything he could to help me out. The especially pleasing aspect was that they did not push any variations on me and there were no nasty surprises at the end. This was so different to my previous 4 builds with two other builders where I was constantly asked to compromise and given big bills for extras at the end. I have another build planned for a couple of kilometres up the road next year and I will have no hesitation using Metricon, especially if they can promise me the same Project Manager.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peter L, This is an absolute fabulous review - Thank you!! It can be quite frustrating when there are council requirements that need to be adhered to that can cause delays, but once we get t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Great Customer Service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We decided on building a Metricon home last year and so glad we did! Our contact [name removed] was amazing! Nothing was too much trouble! This ensured that the build process was not a headache. We were updated with what had happened with our build and got pictures as we are in another state. Any issues once it came to the final inspection were rectified quickly. Would highly recommend using Metricon. We have built before with another builder and this experience was totally different. We wouldn't hesitate in using Metricon again if we built again in the future.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kerry W, What a lovely review - Thank you! We are so happy that our team provided you with great customer service and that any issues in the final inspection were resolved quickly. We appre... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Glad we choose Metricon.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We looked at a few other builders for our home. In the end we went with Metricon. For the simple fact, we knew what we were signing up for.
As for pricing, the base home would be liveable and we went in knowing that there would be upgrades to existing items or new items in general, if we choose.
No real issues, unfortunately because they were so busy it took a little bit of time to get in for colour selection and other meetings.
Once the ball was rolling, went very quickly from there.
Very happy with our site manager [name removed], He would call without fail every Friday with an update.
Found a few bits of damage, manly scuff marks. When going for our inspection, [name removed] was quick to get those minor issues rectified.
Happy with the build quality.
Would happily deal with Metricon in the future and would recommend.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ray S, Thanks for this great review! We are so glad you are happy with your new home and you are glad you chose Metricon. Its great that the Site Manager ensured regular updates occurred and... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Quality Product and Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

[Names Removed] were great to deal with. [Name Removed] helped us with all the paperwork and ensured we understood the stages of the construction. [Name Removed] kept us informed about the stages that the house was at each week with a phone call. Both [Names Removed] were happy to take our calls at any stage. They bent over backwards for us and had us into our home ahead of time, with a high quality product delivered. Thank you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mark M, What a great title for this review - Quality & Great Service! We are so glad that our teams provided you with great service and ensured regular communication throughout your construc... read more »

Bentleigh By Name Bentleigh By Finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

After 38 years of building my first Metricon Home, I made the decision to build with them again. From the moment that they allocated [name removed] (supervisor ) & [name removed] ( coordinator ) the whole process was magic . Weekly reports and updates, a positive can do attitude , and always having work being carried out Reassured me that we had made a good decision to build with Metricon. They really have the expertise and tradespeople to deliver a first class result

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Peter, Wow! 38 years ago you built with Metricon?! That's amazing! We are so lucky to have loyal customers like you, and we are very happy to read that you are happy with your new Bentleigh ho... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I would just like to thank [name removed] for her very professional assistance in helping us negotiate our way through the pre-construction process. She was always eager to assist in any way required and patient and forthcoming whenever we had any questions or concerns. [name removed] did her job perfectly and gave us very useful advice.
Thank you [name removed] and good luck with your job.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Reza, Thank you for leaving this great feedback regarding our Customer Support Coordinator. Its great that they were able to assist you throughout your pre-construction stage and we look forw... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Good Family Home, Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Metricon started the construction of my Liberty 40 with many customizations in August 2017 and completed in July 2018. From start to finish, my experience with Metricon has been very good. My special thanks to my site manager [name removed] who is a good guy, very experienced and very easy to communicate with. During the whole construction, he spoke to me every week to give me an update on the progress and his upcoming plan. He fixed most of the issues during and after construction promptly. Overall, [name removed] handled the project in a very professional manner. [name removed], thanks again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi David, We are so glad you are loving your new home - That's fantastic! It's great that your experience with us has been very good from start to finish and that our Site Manager handled your p... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Wonderful Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Being the third house but first full turnkey service we have gone through building, our experience with Metricon certainly outshines the other two builders by far. [name removed] our Building Supervisor with his professionalism and weekly contact was a pleasure to deal with and also went above and beyond what could be expected. [name removed] our Building Support Coordinator was fabulous and responded ever so quickly whenever anything was asked of her. [name removed]'s regular contact was always appreciated and helpful. The time frame of build was fantastic and went without any issues and the quality is superb.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Leanne S, Wow! What a great 5-star review! We are so happy to read that your experience with Metricon outshines the others and that our Site Supervisor & Building Support Coordinator have be... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Everything just went right. Couldn't be happier.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

From start to finish, my experience with Metricon has been excellent. As a first time home owner, the whole process was made easy with Metricon's clear focus on customer service. All staff I dealt with were excellent in fact I struggle to remember another company with such good response times from my initial consultant, pre-build and finally site manager, which led to a stress free build. Had zero issues in the build, which was completed months before I expected, everything exact to plan and could not be happier with the finished product. Thank you Metricon, I know this will be edited, but thank you to [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] in particular for the amazing job that you have done.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Alan, Congratulations on buying your first home! We can imagine it would have been a very exciting time for you and we feel privileged to have been a part of this special journey with you. ... read more »

Happy with the speed and quality! Great to work with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Foundation in January, completion in June and handover in July - this is how quickly Metricon can put a 42 sq double story home in good quality! Thanks to my site manager [name removed] who is a nice guy and very easy to work with, most of the issues we found during and after constriction have been fixed promptly. Metricon handled the project in a professional manner and the final cost is controlled within the budget. Very happy with my new home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Aaron, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this great feedback! Experiencing a couple of issues along the way is never ideal but we believe it is how these issues are dealt wi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

We had been thinking about building for a while now and decided on Metricon for our builder as we fell in love with the open spacious designs that they had on offer. The building process was quite daunting for us initially. After the contract signing we met the lovely ladies in studio M who helped us with out colour selections. [name removed] in the office was incredible win her experience and kindness. After we had finished we moved onto construction.

This is where I would like to focus our review as it is the main part of the process. I met [name removed] on site at the end of March. He was professional and explained the building process and timelines. Everything went to schedule and we were very impressed. [name removed] goes above and beyond what he needs to do and you can clearly see his passion for building and promised to build our home as he would his own. The level of trades including tiling, painting, fixtures and the structure of the build quality is excellent and this is only due to [name removed] keeping an eye on every step of the way and ensuring nothing was less than perfect. We are so happy to say that he has exceeded our expectations in every way and are so happy to be in our new home. Thank you so much [name removed] we are so lucky to have had you as our site supervisor and thank you Metricon for providing us with [name removed] and [name removed]. We will rave about you both for years to come.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bianca R, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your entire building experience with us and we really appreciate your thoughtful comments and ... read more »

Caboolture

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Great House for my Family!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Building Construction went well without any fault, the craftsmanship was great especially on the Cesearstone Kitchen Bench was fabulous and the tiling on the kitchen splash back and floor was great. Overall very satisfying and thanks to Metricon team to make our dream come true. I would like to thank Sales consultant [name removed], Variation Consultant [name removed] and our favourite site manager [name removed]..
[name removed] did absolutely great job with his team and I personally feel he has got excellent team to perform the best for the customer. He communicates very well with the customer and provides the best to his customer.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Abba, Thanks very much for leaving us this great review! We are so glad that we've helped make your dream come true and that you are very satisfied with the overall quality. We hope ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Thank you Metricon!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

We cannot thank Metricon enough for the wonderful experience we have had of building with them! From the first discussions through to handover, every person we have dealt with has been so professional and accommodating. Our Site Supervisor has been phenomenal and we are extremely grateful for his efforts and the extreme care he has taken with every detail. The immaculate quality of the home is a true testament to the people who have built it. Everyone in the office has been extremely helpful with every step of the way and always prompt with responses. Everybody's care and attention to detail has really put us at ease through such a huge step in our lives. Every person we have come into contact with was always very friendly and approachable and this is very much appreciated. THANK YOU to everyone we have been involved with at Metricon throughout this WHOLE process. We would highly recommend building with Metricon and we can't wait to move into our beautiful new home!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Stacey Bruce, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this fantastic 5-Star review! We are so glad that your Metricon experience has been wonderful from the first discussion through ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Above and Beyond!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

We had a few issues with the initial admin process but as soon as we went to site everything went smoothly. The construction process was so easy and enjoyable. We had an amazing building support coordinator who was efficient and kept us in the loop throughout the whole process.
Im am a strong believer that if you have a good site supervisor you will have a good build and our site supervisor was second to none! We cannot thank him enough, he honestly went above and beyond in all aspects of the build, he kept us informed every step of the way, his communication was excellent and HE made the whole build worth every cent that we paid. You do not get service like that these days. We are beyond satisfied, we understand that not everything goes as planned but if all of Metricons site supervisors bring value like our SS has with us then i cant imagine anyone ever having a bad experience. We are extremely happy and will definitely recommend Metricon. So once again thank you.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sam C, Thanks so much or leaving this great 5-star review! We are so proud that our Site Supervisor was second to none! It's great that they went above and beyond in all aspects of your ... read more »

Geelong

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Good family home totally in love

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Our site manager was fantastic the workmanship was great but family members have commented on how poor the paint is within 2 weeks of moving in the walls are extremely easily marked and won't wash off so we need to be repainted with a quality paint.
No issues during the build process we found after handover a few items needed addressing which site manager handled promptly.
Cost wise final price was the same as stated in contract.
We loved building with ABC ( Metricon ) and would definitely build again with them next time we would check power points to make sure we had enough of them and fans in bathrooms and make sure things we saw in display home are included in the design such as floating shelves in living room that we thought we included but the weren't

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Rubijo, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers. We are pleased to read that there were no issues during the building process and that you would definitely build ... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Apr 2018

After completion services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Completed our build in April and whilst in construction we were reassured items would be right by the finish we have damaged render and moulding, gaps where there is no coverage, crack on the garage wall. Inside the finishing let’s them down with undersized architraves patched with silicon, carpet that when you vacuum lifts off the floor nicks off paint in both woodwork and spills on tiles of grout and paint. Even the staircase paint had flaked off. But what really let them down is much of this was raised from December pre completion and has been well documented with pictures in the log in service portal. Even the supervisor has emailed photos to contractors to return and fix some of them since April - still not done. Since then it has been a game of pass the parcel with very slow service responses and a list of outstanding issues that are nothing short of embarrassing in the nature and length. Everyone wants to say they feel for you which becomes a game of deferral and then claims of disallowance. Photos to to follow on line and FB And not far from the legal process either. Shameful.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Tim, Please allow us to help follow up with the relevant team and ensure these items are attended to accordingly. Kindly send customercare@metricon.com.au an email with reference to your Metric... read more »

Hi Tim,
In reference to our previous message, if we can still be of assistance kindly contact us via the email address provided. We await your contact.
Metricon Customer Care.

Have forwarded the message to the CS team in Mt Waverley. At this juncture it sounds very similar - everyone's sorry and trying still to do something. You need someone to intervene who can get thin... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Our Dream Home- Better than Expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

It has been our dream for many years to build a home on our property that is both impressive and functional.
We have been really pleased with the level of service from all of the people we have been involved with during our building process, from [name removed] with the original sales, [name removed] and [name removed] at Head Office, our supervisor [name removed] and [name removed] from the Administration team.
We cant speak highly enough about their professionalism and the service we have received throughout the whole process.
The team were really helpful in every stage of the build.
We made some changes from the original plan and these were implemented with ease and much assistance from [name removed] to get it right.
[name removed] followed through and even though we had variations going back and forth he was patient and very helpful.
[name removed] assistance with the selections and interior design made a daunting task very easy and enjoyable.
Once the build started we were introduced to our supervisor [name removed] who provided regular updates and exemplary service. We found him very friendly and easy to deal with.
Our handover morning was a little bit stressful, only due to our financial institution. We found that [name removed] was very helpful and worked with [name removed], providing updates to ensure our handover happened as planned.
Our dream home is definitely what we thought it would be and more. We have a quality, high standard home which is a delight to live in and highly admired by our friends and family.
Thank you Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sheryl, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write this lovely 5-star review. We are delighted that after many years of planning you have successfully accomplished building your dre... read more »

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Time frame of build was fantastic, site manager (name removed) was great... understood & took on all our concerns without hesitation.
Any quality issues were fixed without hassle and in a timely manner.
We had a couple dumb questions after the move and site manager was so great in answering all of them; even gave us a new mop after ours was stolen!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joh S, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this great review for our readers! We are so glad our Site Manager was able to answer all of your questions (no questions are dumb) and that... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Experience so far.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

We are about to start building with Metricon and really hope that this phase runs in the same vein as our dealings with Metricon leading up to it. After a few minor hiccups with the sales person we were allocated our contact in the customer support department who was [name removed]. All that we can say is that she certainly lives up to her name. She has indeed been fabulous and we cannot thank her enough. Nothing was too much bother and she was onto everything immediately. Her knowledge, professionalism and delightful manner were second to none.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bob the Builder, Firstly, what a great name you have selected :) Thanks very much for leaving this great review regarding the support provided by our Customer Support Coordinator. We are so ... read more »

4 of 100 pages