Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Dream House with a Dream Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Being our first home, my partner and I were very surprised by how easy and stress free the whole process was.
Expecting the worst, the customer service and communication we recieved through the entire process was unbelievable. Our internal contact [name removed] was prompt, accurate and quick to answer any question. Our site supervisor [name removed] was an absolute pleasure. He went above and beyond anything we could have hoped or expected. From weekly calls to update everything about the build, keeping us informed every step of the way, to even advising and rectifying situations out of his control. Even during our final walk though, [name removed] was a perfectionist, picking up even the smallest defect that we hadn’t worried about as it couldn’t have been seen. Our entire build was faultless, prompt and perfect.
We would not hesitate in an instant to build another Metricon House!

We are in love. Thank you Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Crowley93, Congratulations on building your first home! It is great to read that you received unbelievable customer service throughout your journey with Metricon. We are thrilled our team was pr... read more »

Lismore

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Good Service and end result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

We built a 2 storey home with Metricon in Nth NSW.

Our build was delivered ahead of schedule, issues were addressed promptly, the customer service we received from was exceptional, good QA system, the finished product is of a high quality and our expectations were definitely met during all phases of the project. It is difficult to find service as good as we were provided resulting in a pain free experience.

Whilst a few minor things were missed on the plans, we were consulted with and compensated. Just about to end the 6 month service period and to date every defect lodged has been prioritised appropriately (no major issues though). I would definitely recommend building with the Metricon Robina Office, their direct staff and associated trades were professional and competent. Overall we are very happy, great result.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JKW, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! We are thrilled to read that you received such exceptional service and you are very happy with the quality of the finishe... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Happy with the service and results of what I got from Metricon. From day one Metricon kept me updated with every step and my site manager [name removed] is the best guy to have especially if you have no idea of how the process works as he made things easier to understand and helped me throughout the building process. As much as building is a frustrating experience, my site manager made it a relaxing and easier journey for me.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Eddie, Thank you for this awesome 5 Star Review! We are thrilled to read that your site manager was able to make your journey a relaxing one and made things clearer for you to understand through... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: May 2018

Extremely happy with our first newly built home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

From choosing our floor plan to the final completion of the build, we were extremely happy. We went into our first meeting with our sales consultant - [name removed] - knowing what sort of floor plan we wanted and how big a block we needed. [name removed] helped us change the plans to suit our needs and helped us choose the block best suited for us.
When choosing our colours, Metricon had a vast variety to choose from. They had sample selections and we managed to swap a few colours here and there, which essentially combined 2 sample selections. [name removed] helped us with this part of the process and she was very thorough.
The council approval was quite fast, and our only delay was the bank with the valuation - this put us back a few weeks.
Once all this was sorted, we were ready to start building our first home with our site manager on hand - [name removed]. [name removed] was fantastic. We had several viewings of our home at different stages of the build and this allowed us to see the sizes of the rooms at different stages and mark up anything that was incorrect and also make changes as needed.
Metricon has an excellent reputation and we are very very happy that we built with them, especially after seeing some other houses and their finishes. The quality of our home is indescribable.
All the staff we dealt with at Metricon from start to now have been great. They have excellent customer service and are very thorough in their work.
We definitely recommend Metricon and if in the future we decide to build a second house, we will definitely choose Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi StephD, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review and congratulations on your first newly built home! We are pleased that you have been extremely happy through the entire process with Metricon. It ... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

This is the first time I've built a house, I heard alot of negative stories about building in general so I was pretty nervous at the beginning. But when it started my building supervisor [name removed] was in constant communication with me, keeping me informed about what's happening now and what's happening next. The other thing I was impressed with was the attention to detail my building supervisor gave to my house, he kept on top of his tradies making sure they do a good job. I will definitely build again thru Metricon they give you peace of mind.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dimi M, Congratulations on your first time building and thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that you were kept in constant communication throughout your journey s... read more »

Fabulous experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Our experience throughout the whole build has been fabulous. We had an amazing site manager who rang us every week to keep us informed on the building and what they were going to work on next. Our site manager made time to meet us along the journey and was always on time, professional and took pride in the work that was done at the house. I would highly recommend Metricon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Trish, Thank you for this fabulous 5 Star Review! It is amazing to read that your site manager always kept you well informed and made time to meet with you throughout your build journey. We are ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Metricon Customer Support Coordinator - [name removed]

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

The experience that we had with Metricon Customer Support Coordinator - [name removed] was nothing short of exceptional. She was responsive, her attention to detail was outstanding and she would resolve any issue with calm and accuracy. Her enthusiasm and attitude are top class. I would have absolutely no hesitations whatsoever in recommending [name removed] to any customer of Metricon, as she made the task of working through the Pre- Construction phase very stress free and easy. She has been by far one of the highlights of working with Metricon in building our new home. We were extremely lucky to have had her on our project and she is one of the shining stars at Metricon that we have encountered. Our Sales Rep [name removed] was also exceptional to work with. He was straight up and transparent and there were never any surprises.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Marco Corrent, Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our readers! We are pleased that your pre-construction process was made stress-free with the support received from your cust... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Dream Home Wonderful Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

We couldn't be happier with our knock-down-rebuild experience with Metricon. In particular, the service we received at our initial consultation from [name removed], and then throughout our build from our site supervisor, [name removed], was exceptional. They truly went above and beyond to make sure we would be building the house of our dreams, and were as happy as could be throughout the process. Unfortunately, due to VERY difficult neighbours, this experience wasn't without it's challenges. However, our site supervisor ([name removed]) managed both the process and difficult parties with skill and tact, remaining friendly and easily available to us when (often) needed. Despite the MANY hurdles created by these unhappy neighbours, we were only out of our home for just less than 11 months (including demolition - which Metricon we not responsible for). Now living in our Metricon home we couldn't be happier with the design, or quality of finish!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Amber, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! It is great to read that you received such exceptional service from the very beginning of your journey. We are thrilled that your site supervisor w... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Fantastic Supervisor, Amazing Build from Start to Finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

We built the Lawson 22mk2 and we couldn't be happier with the final result. We are first home buyers and this was all very new to us and we really didn't know what to expect. However, now we are a couple of weeks away from handover and the build process has been exceptional. [name removed], who has been our site supervisor, has been absolutely superb. Everything was done with total care and co-ordination. He would update us weekly on our build progress and be in constant communication with us throughout the entire build, we always felt like we were in the loop and he always took the time to explain every process with us and answer every question we had without hesitation. His management of our build has been second to none and we couldn't recommend him highly enough. The quality of workmanship exceeded our expectations and we are thrilled with the outcome. Our Building Support Co-Ordinator [name removed] was also fantastic and always willing to answer any questions we had promptly and courteously. We are so happy with our home and we can't wait to finally move in. We would definitely recommend building with Metricon and especially recommend having [name removed] as your supervisor as he made this such a great experience for us and once again we could not recommend him highly enough!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ollie02, Congratulations on building your first home! We are thrilled that you are so happy with your new home and have been updated on a regular basis throughout your journey. It is great to re... read more »

ASHBURTON

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

The Glossy Catalogue Does Not Reflect Its Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Front end service until the signing of the contract was good. But the pretty front facade of this business was contradicting to the extremely poor service and communication since the building started. There was absolutely no ownership from the building supervisors who often missed the site appointments, dragging on the outstanding none compliance building work with the change over of 4 supervisors throughout the building period. The business was always eager to chase money whilst not delivering the result. Not only my project was delayed but also many items still outstanding after 7 months of handover. Even up to today, cannot get any response from the maintenance team...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi William, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback regarding communication and we are so sorry to hear of your experience. Could you please provide us with your full l... read more »

[Address removed]

Metricon Official

Hi William, Thank you for providing this information. We have escalated the matter to our Management Team for their review. We will share an update as soon as this becomes available.
Warm regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2019

Excellent Customer Support Coordinator

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

The communication and responsiveness from our customer support coordinator, [name removed], was excellent, she always responded to queries very promptly. [name removed] was extremely professional and it was a pleasure to deal with such a bright and bubbly personality on a regular basis. She always took the time to explain everything (sometimes more than once) to ensure I understood and was happy to do so each and every time. I also appreciate that she took the time to come and personally introduce herself when we were at Studio M.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Macka, Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review for our readers! We are thrilled that your customer support coordinator was always prompt with responding to queries and extre... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Good start turned into worst experience due to incompetent customer support coordinator

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

My journey with Metricon started on a high in May 2017 as my sales consultant was as good as it gets. After finalizing the initial contract I was allocated a customer service coordinator who was in charge of my build and my only contact person and that's where my experience started getting sour.

1. When ever I asked my customer service coordinator for any changes which I was entitled to before signing the main contract, I always received a negative answer that it can't be done or it is not possible (it happened twice) and ultimately I had to go back to my initial sales consultant who miraculously got things done within a day. This made me question my coordinators work ethic and her attitude towards her clients.

2. I signed the finale contract in Oct 2017 and paid the 5% deposit and the whole reason for doing everything so early was to stay ahead of other builders in my stage as the developers guide lines would not permit similar facades/features near each other.

3. My land title got delayed till March 2018. For the first month after the land was titled I kept on chasing my service coordinator for the progress and I kept on receiving different reasons. Sometimes there were changes which they had to do before submitting it for developers approval and I had these changes included but were taken out by Metricon as they were not needed. Then there was some report which was ordered and nothing could be done before the report comes back. I was told this was the norm.
In the meantime I had other builders (Carlisle, Mimosa) who had already got the developers approval and I was not even close to applying. As my approval submission was delayed and hence I was told to change a few things as they were similar to other applications which were lodged before me. If Metricon were as efficient as other builders then my application would have been one of the first ones.

I had to mention that whilst all this was going my coordinator went on leave for about 10 days and my project was on a stand still.

Right now we are still awaiting for the developers approval (after 2.5 months of land being titled) and the there is still the process of applying for the councils approval. As I write Carlisle and Mimosa have already got there fences up to start the build in my stage.

As I had enough discussion with my coordinator re my delay and she kept on reading me her script re Metricon's process and guidelines.

In the end I requested to speak to her supervisor and also requested her to give me in writing the whole delay after the land titlement.

Guess what she was not able to put me through me supervisor as they were also busy but assured me a call back the same day.

It's been two day since and I still haven't received any call back. I have even tried ringing the supervisor/manger directly but they were also not available.

If I would not have paid 5% deposit I would have happily left Metricon and gone with another builder but now I can't.

It's a shame that my journey with Metricon which started on such a high as the initial sales consultant was so good and is even helping me till now had to come to such a low.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Gili, We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review, and we are so sorry to hear of your recent experience with Metricon. Could you please assist us, by sending us a priva... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Gilli, could you please assist us, by sending us a private message with your full lot address or contract number, so we can assist and escalate this matter further.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care Team

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Great Customer Service and love out new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

We cannot fault the customer service that we received from [name removed] and [name removed], they went above and beyond to make sure we were happy.

Our home did take a little longer then expected, due to the product used on our timber floors being faulty, which is no-one ones fault at all. Metricon were great with this slight speed hump and had the manufacture of the timber floors re-lay them for us.

When it came to our defect inspection [name removed] had already marked everything that he wasn't happy with (not that there was much to note) this was great as it made life a lot easier for us.

We wouldn't hesitate in building with Metricon again as their customer service is second to none and we absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE our new home :)

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Bianca, Thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We are thrilled that you received such excellent customer service from our team throughout your journey, It is great to read that there were only ... read more »

Amazing end product - Awesome experience overall!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Super smooth process from start to finish, great support throughout from the entire team.
Weekly communication regarding any updates and changes pre construction to end of construction
Build time was absolutely spot on
Every query was attended to
House has come up in incredible condition and to our specification

Shout out to the entire Metricon team for performing our build, and a special thanks to [Name Removed]!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Tysio, Thank you for this amazing 5 Star Review! We are pleased that you received such great support from the entire Metricon team throughout your journey. It is great to read that the timing an... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: May 2018

Metricon, Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I have gone through the whole process of buying a site, selected plan; the feel was, the project taking longer time, however once the project was released to my Site Manager, [name removed]... it took off like a rocket with an excellent planning and execution skills from my Site Manager. The experience was smooth and given constant updates and opportunity for regular inspection. I have made up my mind to cancel my private building inspector after seen the quality of work taken care of my the site manager. We have moved in, and I was given 90 days time to pick any defect and Metricon would come and fix. In last 2 weeks; I have hardly could pick any except few minor paint bubbles and scratches which is nothing.

I would strongly recommend customers to do home work, go through the Metricon Studio few times before getting into appointments, that save lot of your time in minor things and make use of the color selection time effectively. I also strongly recommend customers to go through the final drawing before signing, do not take it as granted if you have chosen any item during color selection is coming out as it is. Site work goes with the final document

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mohan R, Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome 5 Star Review for our readers! It is great to read that the build process was smooth and you were regularly updated throughout. We a... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Unhappy experience with terrible leaking issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

We are so disappointed for the experience with Metricon, concerned quality and irresponsible customer service.

Unfortunately, on 26/03/18, the window of our living room (GF) started leaking, and soon spread to the wall and ceiling, then water came down from the LED light which just like a fountain.

It was so sad that we just got the brand new furniture and formally moved in on 24/03/18 (Just 2 Days!). Ceiling, LED light, the plaster wall, sofa and rag all got terribly wet. More importantly, the herringbone european oak flooring were damaged, water permeated to the bottom from the skirting.

All these made us extremely annoying!!!

And even for such an emergency issue, the customer coordinator ([name removed]) initially told me the plumber to be scheduled to come 3 days later which just like a joke. Our home would become a swimming pool.

Anyway, with our insists, she got the plumber to come that night which was appreciated.

Soon after that, we email her to get the trades to come to fix the damage and compensate for the damage.

But it becomes our another nightmare. It has been 6 weeks already from her last email! I recently sent her email for several times, her irresponsible behavior is so disheartened!!!

The other serious issue raised on 20th April, the roof board also leaking from the gap area which made me so frustrated. We email her soon after we found the issue.

But nothing got from her as well.

We have been waited for her final reply for 10 weeks already which is absolutely acceptable!!!

By the way, one star is for the site manager, he is kind and responsible.

I will report the issues to DBDR by this week, and would consider to go VCAT if we still can not get appropriate response soon.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ethan1110, We are so sorry to hear of your recent issues in your new home and communication from our Team. We can certainly understand your frustration, and would like to assist by escalating t... read more »

Hi, my contract number is [Contract Number Removed], the address would be [Address Removed]. Please find the relevant information and get back to us ASAP.

Metricon Official

Hi Ethan1110, Thank you for sharing this information with us. We have escalated the matter to the relevant Metricon Manager and they are currently investigating this. We will share an update with ... read more »

Wonderful Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

The house was built exactly like how we wanted. The whole progress is fast that our house was finished three months earlier than we expected. The quality is one of the top as well. My husband and I would like to take the opportunity to thank our site manager [name removed]. During the whole process he was thoughtful, caring, knowledgeable and understanding. He is a credit the Metricon team. He patiently answered all our questions and concerns. He was very professional throughout the build and even after we had settled he was most helpful in assisting us with some minor repairs to the home. The care and attention to detail he showed is to be commended. We have no hesitation in recommending Metricon and especially [name removed] for anyone who is looking to build their dream home.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Elaine L, Thank you for this wonderful 5 Star Review! We are thrilled that your new home was built exactly how you wanted it and was completed ahead of schedule. It is great to read that your s... read more »

Metricon Site Manager - 5 stars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

There were some issues with communication from certain departments in the lead up to the build, but once we had our Site Manager/Building Supervisor step in he made every the smooth build we were promised. He was professional, courteous and attentive to our needs, and showed a genuine care in seeing us through to the perfect first house we had hoped for. It was his friendliness and diligence that left my partner and I happy to recommend Metricon to first home buyers/builders, regardless of the bumpy beginnings.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jay Hansen, Congratulations on your very first home and thank you for this great 5 Star Review! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on for future business improvements. It is great to... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Love the experience and very happy that i build with them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

This is my 4th build and my first with Metricon. i did hear a lot negative comments about them. but since the start until the end i was very happy with all of it.

The supervisor was [name removed], he was giving me weekly update and very friendly and honest. i love his work and his managing projects. I would recommend metricon for that. PS i went through ABC homes who are Metricon anyway.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Alb,
Thank you for this 5 Star Review!
It is great to read that your supervisor was very friendly, honest and kept you regularly updated throughout your journey.
We do hope that you Love where you Live!
Kind regards,
Metricon Customer Care

Sydney, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Poor workmanship and finish, did not complete the maintenance requests.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Poor finish of the whole building. Paint work, flooring, wet area tiling, calking etc.
Uses poor quality window frames- Southern Star band.
Poor communication and customer care after the hand over - ( good communication up until the last bank cheque was paid).
Did not complete the 90 days maintenance request as requested.
Got given a letter of undertaking to replace a cabinet door- never heard from anyone so far despite numerous emails.
Certainly not worth the money spent, I have compared with other contemporary houses built by other builders and also with my previous experience with other builders. I was blindfolded by the fact that they will do a better job because they are big in the business and you pay them more than an average builder but it's proven that I was wrong!
I have had a professional building inspector inspected the building and he commented on some of the work as "untradesman like finish"!.
Whenever I asked something from the supervisor he says "its within the standards" -did not care at all about the finish. (in other words- its good enough to get an occupancy permit)

So in my experience pls do your research and compare the builders. Smaller builders are much better than cooperate level builders as they are trying to gain more market share and keen to offer more.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Far Tracker, We are dissapointed to read that you are unhappy with the quality of the home. We would like to ensure the feedback is raised with the relevant team and would appreciate if you cou... read more »

Hi Far Tracker,
In reference to our last correspondence, we await your contact in order to assist further. Kindly email customercare@metricon.com.au at your earliest convenience.
Regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

Hi I have emailed you. Its disappointing that I have to go through a product review website to get something resolved.

5 of 92 pages