Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Excellent Customer Service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

We are first home buyers and have now been in our Metricon Home just over 2 months and we couldn't be happier. From start to finish the process ran smoothly. I just wanted to thank our Sales Consultant [name removed], Customer Relationship Advisor [name removed] and Site Manager [name removed] for all their help and support throughout this process. Without them and the guidance they all provided us through this daunting experience, we wouldn't be where we are now. Nothing was ever to much trouble for them, and the customer service was amazing. They were very proactive and kept us well informed every step of the way. Thank you, we love our Metricon Home!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sammy, Congratulations on building your very first home! It is great to read that the customer service provided to you was amazing and you were kept well informed throughout your journey. We are... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Grievances & issues with Metricon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I would like to draw your kind attention on the grievances & issues I am suffering from last 5 months. My Contract number is 689333. During signing the contract it was promised by the Sales Consultant that the Site construction will start in Dec,17 or maximum in January,18. So based on her commitment & trust she has given me during our initial meetings with her I made up my mind to come to METRICON. I made by first Initial Payment of $1500 on 17th Sep, signed contract of sale on 23rd Sep. I opted for FAST TRACK & the final contract was signed on 18th Nov with 5% of total deposit.
Now its around 5 months since I signed the Contract of Sale & around 3 months since the FINAL CONTRACT was signed but my Customer Support Coordinator was not able to complete the paper work on time & has not been able to get BUILDING PERMIT yet, while as per the clause of the contact its clearly states that it should come with 30 days of signing the contract (in my case you even don’t need developer approval as well). Adding further to it, My Building Construction loan has already been approved along back in early Dec,17 itself & I gave all the required documents “Bank Loan Approval Letter”, “ Signed Loan Documents” & “Title of land on my Name.” to my Customer Support Coordinator & Sales Coordinator on 12th Dec,17 itself. Then as per the contract BUILDING PERMIT has to be applied within 14days of submitting these documents.
When I asked for update yesterday, [name removed] told me that she applied for BUILDING PERMIT just couple of days back only on 12th Feb,18 but I called the council today & they clearly told me that there is no such request/application for Building permit they have received for my block of land. So don’t know what the truth then.
Also she came up with a new story now that a “Build Over Easement permit” is also required which will take another 20 days. As per my Estate Engineering plan & Plan of Subdivision there seems to be no easement on the block. If anyways there is an easement on the block of land,why was it not noticed long back when the plan was finalised. Why she suddenly realised after 4-5 months a “Build Over Easement permit” is also required. Now I strongly feels that Customer Support Coordinator is simply bluffing us & delaying unnecessary the Site Start. Most of the times when I call the customer support coordinator, her phone goes in Voice mails & she never calls back. Not at all happy with her customer handing skills.

I am so much frustrated & upset now with such a slow response of Metricon team due to their unnecessary delay of starting the SITE CONSTRUCTION further & further & their inability to complete the required documentation on time. I am already paying a heavy mortgage to the bank on my Vacant Land & under lot of financial burden.

Alternatively if I call sales coordinator to ask for any updates, she also tells me that I will check with CSC & let you know. But she also doesn’t call back. Also now she has started ignoring calls from my mobile number as well. But if dial from some other number she receives the call & tells the same thing that I will get back to you but never calls back.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mohit, As communicated to you via private message, we have escalated your matter to the relevant management team. Once a review is complete, a member of our team will be in contact with you. W... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Mohit, Thank you for your recent contact. Your matter has been escalated and we understand our Victorian Operations Manager has been in contact with you directly. As explained, once a Building ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

House Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I would like to thank [names removed] along with all the mtericon employees that were involved for all of the help and guildance they have provided me with. The house has been built to an exceptionally high standard. I was kept up to date with the entire build and if i had any questions the boys were more than happy to answer it.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dan, Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5 Star Review for our readers. We are proud that our team was able to build your home to such a high standard and help answer any questions... read more »

Simply the BEST building supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

We had a great experience building with Metricon, and thrilled with the result. It's a slow, slow process but we really have nothing but praise for every "department" involved in the build. Very special thanks go to our building supervisor [name removed] who was simply outstanding. He kept all the tradies in line and made sure everything was finished to a superb standard. He made it a much less stressful experience than it may have been otherwise.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Glennmo, Thank you for your outstanding 5 Star Review! It is great to read that your building supervisor was able to make your journey a superb experience. We do hope that you continue to Love w... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Overall a good experience for our first home!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

This is our first time building/buying a house and overall we are very happy! Any questions/concerns we had during the build and now that we are moved in have been answered and dealt with in a timely matter. Our supervisor [name removed] kept me up to date with weekly calls and if I had any concerns he was super quick to answer or fix any issues. [name removed] has been great to deal with as well, replying to any emails quickly.

There are certain things that need fixing, as with any new build, but I have no doubt they will be taken care of.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Randi C, Congratulations on building your first home!! It is great to read that our team have been efficient with any questions that you had throughout your journey. We are pleased that your sit... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

The best builder with the best site manager.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

One of the smoothest experience we had in building a home. We have a large family and I have been involved in a few home builds and building companies. This build that we did at Mango hill was absolutely fantastic. I will be honest it was a pain going to Gold Coast for color selection etc but had to be done. Once the site was handed to the site supervisor [name removed] it was an experience that we have never had with a builder. His professionalism and pro-activity is unbelievable. I never had to call him once to find about the progress or problems, it was him who was making sure that we were reaching our desired date without hitches. The best thing was he never made any unrealistic or false promises was always upfront with anything that could or was an issue. Without fail on every Friday I got an update over the phone and it was so comforting that there was someone taking care of the build on our behalf. His communication, customer service and support was exceptional. This also speaks well about Metricon because they were able to provide the support to [Name Removed] to deliver our two story home almost 2 months before the due date. This was amazing, they never promised or gave us final dates till the time we went for PC. I can confidently say that this would be one of the most pleasant experience in building a house that anyone could have. Because currently I am building with another builder and its almost a month over (of course they communicated the extensions based on weather and holidays etc.) the hand over date. Metricon was supposed to hand over the house on 21 December 2017 but we got it on the 27 October 2017 and the finish has been great too. So thank you [name removed] and Metricon

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Al, Thank you for writing this fantastic 5 Star review for our readers. It is great to read that your site supervisor was always professional and constantly keeping you up to date throughout you... read more »

Clyde

Bad start

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I have an external building supervisor that found defects on the pre pour. But concrete was poured without confirmation from client. Was told to that they cannot hold the pouring of concrete on the slab.
Explanations were given only after the fact and after emailing by building coordinator. Very unsatisfied with this experience. I do not know my building permit number.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi wry, We acknowledge this matter has been resolved, as confirmed by you in private message on Wednesday 21st February. All items have been completed and your build has progressed. Should you have... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: May 2018

Kudos to our Site Manager, Our Sales consultant and our Building Support Coordinator

amazing.... amazing....amazing
Very good experience with Metricon. The sales consultant [name removed] explained every details of building processes to us since first contact last year. During the communication, the consultant try to organise all things that I want to have in the contract in order to meet my budget. Site Manager [name removed] awesome. He always contacted us at all the stages and informed us what's going on.
building support coordinator [name removed] was also in constant touch with us on phone and emails, she always replied when we needed any help. customer support coordinator [name removed] also helped us in every stage.
we are hoping to get our house completed by early May,
Very excited.
A big thank you to the whole team of METRICON for making our dream come true.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JIgnesh Shah, Thank you for your amazing 5 Star Review! It is great to read that our team have been keeping you updated and happy to help at all stages of your journey. We are pleased to be assi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: May 2018

Building the Dream with Metricon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Feeling very blessed to have [name removed] as our construction site manager. [name removed] has made the building process seem easy and effortless. Communication has been honest, accurate and regular. Management of the build has been brilliant. [name removed] is aware of every step in the process and all over progress, meeting targets and quality. You can tell by his professionalism and and passion that he loves what he does and works hard to ensure his customers are loving where they live. Great job [name removed] and Metricon keep up the good work!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Razor2171, Thank you for your brilliant 5 Star Review! We are proud that our team was able to manage your build and communicate effectively with you throughout your journey. It is great to know ... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Best House on the Block

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I was a little apprehensive at first to build with a volume builder as i've heard of some terrible stories from both friends and strangers alike.
I truly feel blessed to get such a brilliant site manager such as [name removed]. His level of professionalism, his constant communication and just simply his level of care has been nothing short of phenomenal! This probably will be the most important investment that i'll ever make. It felt so good to get a site manager who has understood the value of this build -TO ME!! Being kept updated at every step of the way, from weekly telephone calls to returning messages both after hours and weekends really shows the level of care from [name removed]. I hope that everyone that builds with any big builder is lucky to get a site manager as caring and professional as [name removed]. He really is the GOLD Standard.
AND.....the end result is a beautifully build home with which i fall more in love with everyday.
I would also like to mention how smooth the whole process was from selecting what house to build to sitting here on my lounge writing this. From the customer service team to accounts, they have all actioned any request promptly and have been more than helpful through every step.
I really hope that every person that chooses to build with Metricon is lucky enough to have the same experience as me!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Selvin, We are so proud to read that your house is the best on the block. Your Site Manager will be over the moon to read your review and we thank you for taking the time to provide us such gr... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2018

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Ever from the start, I have been well-informed about the progress of my house and the near future plans associated with it. The site supervisor, [name removed] was very helpful, updating us constantly about our house and working efficiently to finish the house on time (earlier than we expected - which is always better). Furthermore, we were always supported when we needed to understand some concepts or make decisions for the house, providing us with helpful tips along the way. Overall, I have been extremely happy with [name removed]'s and the rest of the teams work on the house, which turned out the way we wanted to to have it, with exceptional quality.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi kalpana and rajat, Thank you for your excellent 5 Star Review. It is great to read that the team was always helpful and finished your home earlier than expected. We are proud that our team made ... read more »

Maryborough, VIC

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2017

Would build again with Metricon.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Building with Metricon was pain free. I was expecting hassles but everything ran really smoothly like a well oiled machine. Metricon were great in returning calls and emails in a timely manner at all times. Picking the colour scheme was a fun day out although a few of the suggestions that were made that we went with have not turned out so well in the final product. Our site manager stayed in regular contact and would always explain the next step of the build to us. After service was good although I had to chase up a few items.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi LIAL, Thank you for a great 5 Star Review. It is great to read that your journey was hassle free and ran smoothly. We are proud that our team we able to respond to you efficiently and keep in re... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Perfect Christmas gift for my family!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

In 2016 my home of 20 years was destroyed by fire. We wasted no time and started looking for a builder to rebuild on my existing land. From the very beginning to the very end, Metricon have been nothing but amazing throughout the build . From weekly phone calls and emails with updates to monthly walk in appointment I couldn’t be more happier with the customer service provided and the updates so I knew where the house was at. We were told from the start that our home will be completed between Feb2018-May2018 , but with Metricon and our amazing building supervisor [name removed] they were able to complete our beautiful home of 6 bedrooms before Christmas 2017. I have referred Metricon to family and friends and will continue to do so. Thank you Metricon !

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sue.S, Thank you so much for you amazing 5 Star Review. We are so proud that our team was able to keep you thoroughly updated throughout your build and even complete your home ahead of schedule!... read more »

Communication with Supervisor Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Our build was managed by our supervisor [Name Removed], communication was a A+. There were a couple of things that we noticed along the way with the build that we weren't too happy with, but our supervisor actioned and had these rectified immediately. We have always loved Metricon homes and are now finally proud owners of one. Thank you so very much Metricon, looking forward to moving in.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Sherri J, We are so glad to know that your Site Supervisor had fantastic communication skills. It is also a credit for us to read you are a proud Metricon home owner. We are confident you will ... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Brick issue

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

The brick colour for the external wall of the house came out after it was washed. So the brick company asked another company to get it painted with 25 years warranty. After a few months, a lot of the brick colour changed with black spot every where. The site manager at that time promised it would be fixed before the settlement date that was March 2017. However, it was not done in time so it was listed as a settlement item to be fixed asap. However, after one year this brick issue still not yet fixed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Joseph and Esther, We are aware of your concerns and will escalate the matter to management immediately for you. A member of our team will be in contact as soon as the matter is reviewed. We apo... read more »

Until today no one have contacted us concerning this issue. We have waited for more than a year already, When is Metricon going to act on this??

First home experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

The workmanship and quality was very professional and we are very happy with the outcome.
[name removed] was a fantastic site manager, he phoned every week with an update of progress on our house.
[name removed] confirmed what had been completed throughout our construction stages each week and was very helpful.
We would highly recommend building with [name removed] and [name removed] they helped make the process less stressful.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Mick_Alise, Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience building your first home with Metricon. It is a great to read that your Site Manager has been fantastic and most importantly you are ver... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Dream Home, Dream experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

My biggest regret about building with Metricon is that its over!
The sales consultant was empathetic to our needs, but strong enough to provide us with clear advice.
The process has been incredibly professional with weekly updates from the team, we feel like we have built this house with Metricon in a true partnership! When there has been delays due to circumstances in the market I was informed and we talked about what that meant and I never felt like I was not involved or updated.
The only thing I would change, is buying the Signature range with all the premium upgrades....next time!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Happy Home Owner, We are so glad to read that that the process has been very professional building with Metricon and most importantly we have another very happy home owner. We look forward to a... read more »

Kudos to our Site Supervisor

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Once we were passed onto construction stage to our supervisor we witnessed for the first time in the entire process honesty and integrity and not feeling like a number.
Calls and emails were returned. Works were completed quickly and no request or task was difficult or unanswered. Thanks to our supervisor we were able to move in with our newborn without any major hiccups. We are still in maintenance phase and every task is being adhered to and or our supervisor is still attentive to our requests and the quality of his and his team’s work.

Metricon is let down in brand and customer service by its administration from the lack of support, return of calls, lack of commutation and being left in the dark to chase things ourselves. The colour appointment was the worst experience we have ever come across with so many prices not advised and questions unanswered to this day also being thrown from one customer service rep to another was frustrating and quite frankly rude.

Luckily all this was just turned around by our build and great supervisor [name removed]!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Dee, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our readers! We are so pleased to read that your Site Supervisor was effective and efficient in their responses and were able to move you... read more »

• 4 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2017

After settlement Metricon simply vanished, supervisors corrupt with the plumber, Office ignore me, n

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

1st issue: Supervisor gave me the plumber name and number told me while he connect the water pipes around the house I could ask him to connect the sub water meter for the attached granny flat. I called this plumber quoted me $5000 just to put the sub water meter and No invoice is given to me and I have to make decision on the day, I was confuse but suspect something is not right so I called Metricon office told a lady about this, a few weeks later this supervisor resign from Metricon.
2nd issue: The Manager of the supervisor called me told me that our supervisor left Metricon, I told him we wanted to keep the 6 pallets of bricks that were left over, he has no problem told me to mention this to the new supervisor, I did on the induction called from the new supervisor and he said no problem, I told him we will clear the backyard and move all the bricks to the back so it won't bother his worker, but just a day after we clear the back, we discovered all our bricks ware taken away and left us only 50 bricks (we suspect he sold it privately). when we question him about this he put blame on the previous supervisor, but that is not right we also advised him too. After wrote an email to the office and to his Manager. He promised to return 3 pallets the following week on the day that we settle, he promise to take away the construction items that left in our bins, he also told us we will receive interim certificate from the office the next day. Nothing happened, a few weeks later we were told by the Manager that he no longer work with Metricon. I messages and sent emails to the office about the missing bricks, because of the missing bricks, we have to hold up the bricklayer, the concreter and the gardener. We were waiting for the supervisor's promise we missed out the order of new bricks from Austral before Christmas break, we end up have to spend extra $1,400 buying new bricks and delaying everyone and now the Manager also on ‘compassionate leave’ until further notice. This has to be corrupted within the supervisors.
3rd issue: We got 3 plumbers to quote for the sub water meter install for the Granny Flat, 3 of them confirmed that the pipe connection from the water meter from the garden to the house is still in temporary pipe and missing water meter. We demolish the old house and rebuild, before Metricon started the construction the water meter was there, while during the construction after the bricks was up and plumbing job was done, I did notice the water meter area is different, but I thought maybe that’s how they do things during construction, it never come across my mind that the water meter was missing. Only last 2 weeks we had a plumber to check the pipe, we than realised not only they did not change the pipe connection to the house and they did not install back the water meter. I question them about the meter, Metricon totally deny it and I question their plumber M&K Plumbing, they also deny it, now the meter mysteriously disappear during construction, who would steal an old water meter and reconnecting another pipe to replace the meter, this has to be a plumber who knows how to do job.
4th issue: 22/11/17 settlement, we got nothing done, we could not put the house on rent because we don’t have the Interim Certificate. I have to call Council and find out from Council who my approval of Occupational Certifier than call them to find out that Metricon never provide them 2 documents that they needed in order for me to receive an Interim Certificate. I was ignore by Metricon after the settlement. I felt as Metricon has vanish from the world.
The supervisor pressure us quickly do the inspection on 31/10/2017 and still with items not yet completed and that day was consider the "Practical Completion" and a few days later we received an email from icare HBCF given us the date defect warranty date started 31/10/2017 and this date is consider the date as "Final Occupancy or Possession", I dispute this date because up the this day I still have not yet received the Interim Certificate, we could not have anyone to live in.
We scarified $2500 deposit from Eagle Homes, thinking Metricon has a better review, I have build houses 3 times before Metricon and never come across such low act and corrupted internally and I have never come across a big company had internet problem for 4 weeks according to the "Building Support Team Leader" and the Manager, such a low excuses!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi JKL, We are sorry to read of the events that occurred during your build with Metricon. Please allow us to follow up with the business to ensure your concerns are being addressed. Kindly email c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Very good overall experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

It was time to downsize and we wanted a new build with the latest designs, features and technology. Metricon had the reputation (as a real estate agent I hear the stories) and the home we were looking for (thanks to their display homes), in addition, their wide-range of options that we saw at their Studio M provided us with plenty of choices. Metricon staff were great (including sub-contractors), they were professional, courteous and followed-through from our very first dealings to our last, and we particularly thank our site supervisor, [Name Removed] for his efforts. Well done Metricon...5 out of 5 stars!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Steve and Flick, Thank you for your great 5 Star Review! We are so pleased to read that our staff were professional and courteous with you throughout your journey and provide you with a wide ran... read more »

5 of 83 pages