Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Excellent service , very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have built with different builders before and I have to say I got the best experience with Metricon so far. [name removed] was my customer support coordinator and she has been very very helpful and efficient, calling me every Friday to provide the update and helping me to get all the documents requested. We got the CDC within 5 weeks time, and aim to start the construction before Christmas. Much appreciated [name removed], I would like to say I am so lucky to be one of your clients!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Clyde Lin, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with us. We are pleased to know our Customer Support Coordinator has helped make you pre construction journey a great one by providing effic... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: Apr 2016

Dont build with Metricon!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Metricon built home and Perfect Timber Floors to install timber floors.

Timber floors are peeling/lifting, service agent claims from water damage, asked where did the water come from, cant even answer the question! Also built timber floors in the kitchen, high risk area for moisture when timber floors are not water proof/resistant, Just to avoid responsibility for paying out their cheap Chinese timber floors! Stay away from these guys. Shame on this company and shame on you Metricon for even listening to these jokers! Don't build with Metricon because you will be stuck with these guys!

Perfect Timber Floors only blame and use the same excuses to everyone and don't have excellent customer service on their own! Checkout their product reviews page there is more than 8 people who have made complaints about timber floors peeling and lifting so I am not the only one! Who's to say the same thing will happen again and I will up to foot the bill again?

Also warranty claims take forever and a day to get resolved! Garage Door not working at all! Sent warranty claim on 29th of October and yep you guessed, still no action has been taken! So I am now unable to enter my garage door, wont lift up manually and cant open with remote and motor. Metricon blame Centurion Doors for not answering phone! That's not my problem! Easy to take my money, but so hard to fix problems!

Their site managers are all "blame it on the customer" attitude!

Metricon are just beyond useless! Their website says
We Want you to love where you live
We pride ourselves on a stringent Quality Assurance process that is in place to ensure that there is consistency in each and every one of our completed homes.
Our skilled Service and Warranty team will be on hand to assist you with any questions that you may have about your new home.
Metricon has a strong commitment to excellence in design, construction, quality and customer care.
Australia's leading and most trusted new home builders

You can dream forever as you will never and wont ever get this experience when you buy with Metricon, its all whatever the assessor says, your opinion means nothing!

Lesson learnt share to all friends and family and spread the word!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ello, Thank you for submitting your review. We are disappointed to read your feedback and would like the opportunity to assist and investigate this with the relevant internal team. We have sent ... read more »

**UPDATE*** Hi Folks if this is how you like being spoken to "We refer to previous communication provided to you by our Warranty Manager, [Name Removed], this item is outside warranty and we confi... read more »

Metricon Official

Hi Ello, Thank you for your recent post. We refer to the communication sent to you via email on the 22/11. The installation and parts of the garage door are covered for 12 months. Metricon arra... read more »

Great Result and Nice Experience to Build Nolan 50

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

The building construction commenced in mid April 2018 and completed by end of November 2018. The home is completed well ahead of schedule. During construction all issues were taken care of promptly. Looking forward to get keys within couple of days. We have been fortunate to have an excellent site manager [name removed]. He’s been responsive, friendly, helpful and professional. Reasonably smooth journey from start to finish. I would recommend Metricon for a quality and professional builder. Great result.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Raju Chauhan, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. It’s great to know our Site Supervisor provided excellent service with his friendliness and professionalism, and your c... read more »

Newcastle

• 1 question

Verified Customer Build Location: Northern NSW Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Metricon Customer Support Co-ordinator is "Top Shelf"

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Dealing with [name removed] our Customer Support Coordinator has been an absolute pleasure. [name removed] never missed a beat whether it was delivering good news or challenging updates regarding progress of contract. [name removed] is an asset to Metricon and I would have no hesitation in recommending her for any potential new client or a promotion within Metricon. Thanks again [name removed]....your service has been "Top Shelf".

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Scott Dorman,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for our readers.

It is a pleasure to hear our Customer Support Coordinator provided exceptional service to ensure your experience was a positive one!

Kind regards,
Metricon

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2017

This is fantastic! Can’t live without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

The builders poured a solid foundation of concrete on the first week.The weather was pretty bad on the second Wednesday,but it hasn’t slowed them down yet.
They have a frame going up in following days. the job they have done for me was fantastic.
During this time they try to keep sending a photo of finished product to me .
I thought that the final cost similar to my estimated cost.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ping Y,

Thank you for leaving this 5 Star review for our readers.

It’s great to hear your construction journey was a fantastic one and the weather didn’t interrupt our team delivering you a beautiful new home!

Kind regards,
Metricon

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jan 2019

People can really make a difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

What started out as very rough start was actually turned around by a few certain individuals.

Pre construction was very stressful. Took 8 months from the deposit stage to construction which felt like forever.
Mistakes were made which lead to unexpected costs been involved although necessary costs they were not planned for. I really wish these things were taken into account in the earlier stages.

Studio M consultant [name removed] was absolutely outstanding. [name removed] really made air choices easy, affordable and practical. She really did go over and above to help us out.

Construction was an interesting beginning but our current supervisor ([name removed]) really brought it all together. He definitely has turned the rough start into a much nicer experience and restored the faith in our decision. Nothing has really been a problem for him and he has been very clear direct and transparent in his communication.

I have given this 5 star rating based on the individuals who positively contributed to our experience.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chris20b, Thank you for writing this 5 Star review for our readers. It is disappointing to know some issues arose during the pre construction stage. Whilst we cannot change what has already o... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Metricon - Home build Vantage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

The build was done very smoothly without any issues. Small hiccups that came my way was resolved quite promptly by my building manager [Name Removed]. He was very helpful. The cost of the build is slightly higher compared to an owner build, however for a first time builder i though that it was well worth the help and support you receive.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Veboo, Thank you for leaving this 5 Star review for our readers. We are pleased to know the build went smoothly and the team was supportive and helpful throughout your construction journey. W... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Metricon Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Very happy with the site manager [name removed]. He was excellent. He was great to deal with and delivered a great quality build. He continually kept us up to date with the build progress and provided us with some good ideas to progress with. Unfortunately, you do need to stay on top of back office in the planning and final stages as they tend to lag on delivery.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Chief Running Bull, Thank you for writing this 5 Star review for our readers. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding the planning stages of your build, we will ensure ... read more »

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Melbourne Construction End Date: May 2018

Poor workmanship, poor service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

We took ownership of our property in May 2018 from Metricon. Overall sales and build process was fine and house looked nice. After a few months I realised the water charges on the property was exorbitant. I got a plumbing check done and was advised there was a leak in the plumbing system. I contacted Metricon about this but it took weeks before Metricon finally sent their plumber to investigate and subsequently fix the issue.

I am now trying to recover a few thousand dollars in water bills from Metricon. I am also trying to get Metricon to confirm if the structure of my house is unaffected from the water leaks. Unfortunately, Metricon is not responding to my emails and are basically ignoring me. I am now looking at my legal options. This is all very stressful and frustrating.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Ash2008,
We are sorry to read if there hasn't been any communication from our team. We have sent you a private message with the intention to assist you further and await your contact.
Kind Regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

Very happy with Progress and Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Our Build with Metricon was very fast once it all got started.
Our site manager [name removed] was awesome. Great communication and always there to help any concerns we had.
Loving my new home . Cant wait to move in. It has progressed so fast. We have been kept informed all the way by our site manager and are very happy.
Thank you!!!!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Natalie, We are so pleased you are loving the progression of your home so far, It great our Site Manager has kept you updated with the progress and has assisted with any concerns you had. We ... read more »

Great finished result

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

The building is almost finished. The review so far has been as below:

1. Pre-construction
The phase between the putting in a deposit to the getting the final invoice was not a great experience. After signing the base contract, we had around 8 months to finalise the contract including the variations. However, after base contract signed, it took us 3 months to get paperwork done then book and get into studio M tour to do mix and match. Then after, it took a while (around 4 months) to get the all variations completed, especially in the interior and kitchen areas. After sending more than 10 emails to follow up to chase up the variations then they charged us for delay and raise for extension of contract variation and we were really upset until the operations manager stepped in and we explained the issue then the issue resolved.
2. Post-construction
The building construction commenced in April 2018 and lucky, we have an excellent site manager [name removed]. he’s been really patient and helpful with the explanation and handling all the works very professional. We started off as a not best experience and now has been overshadowed with great quality house and great site manager. Hopefully when complete, the house will be as expected and all the defects would be fixed. I would recommend Metricon for a quality and professional builder. Metricon – Thank you for building our dream house! Keep up the great work!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi James Hendra, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our readers. We are glad our Operations Manager was able to resolve the issues that arose during your pre-construction s... read more »

Excellent site manager [name removed]

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Our property is still under construction. With construction commencing from last Christmas period, our site had experienced bumpy start and unexpected mid-phase delay. But fortunately, we have had [name removed], our fifth site manager on board at last. With his excellent experience and great efforts, he is endeavoring to expedite our construction, which has given us hope that handover before this Christmas ( Though only 4 weeks to go before Christmas) is still promising.
[name removed] is very responsive to our needs. He is always proactive in communication with us and keeps us updated. He is greatly experienced by identifying issues and providing remedies and solutions to maintain the construction quality. [name removed] has exceeded all our expectations. We are very happy to have him manage our build. We believe with his dedication and expertise, he will deliver fantastic results for our construction. We look forward to a prompt and smooth handover and cannot wait to showcase the marvelous jobs done by [name removed] and Metricon!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Angela S, Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 Star review with our readers. It is disappointing to know there were some unforeseen circumstances with your build and although we canno... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Nice experience building with Metricon, easy and smooth.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

It took us quite some courage to start building our house, fortunately, Metricon made the whole process easy and smooth.

At the very beginning, we had a lot of concerns and millions of questions. Our sales consultant [name removed] and [name removed]have always been helpful. They listened to our questions patiently and provided professional suggestions to guide us through. They would think through things from our point of view and help us to find the proper solution. They are just wonderful.

Our customer support coordinator [name removed] was amazing. There were a lot of details during the pre-construction phase, [name removed] took great efforts to go through all the details and communicate with various departments to help us get everything right on the contract.

We are very happy to have [name removed] and [name removed] as our site manager, they are wonderful. The building process was organized and managed professionally. They have always listened to our questions carefully and patiently explained to us how the work was done. While there were minor issues during the building process, they were open to our concerns and dealt with the issues swiftly without any problems. The building progress is well on schedule and we are looking forward to handover in the coming weeks.

It was a nice experience building with Metricon, a big thank you to everyone involved.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Jian, Thank you for sharing this lovely 5 Star review with us. We are pleased your experience with Metricon has been easy, smooth and our Sales team were able to guide your journey professio... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great result — thrilled with the finished house.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

We have had a good experience dealing with Metricon from the sales stage through to receiving the keys to our new house. I’m sure no new house builds always go exactly to plan and our project was no exception however when any issues arose during the build our site manager [name removed] was quick to get them sorted out. [name removed] was easy to contact and we had many on-site visits during the build where we able to discuss any concerns. [name removed] made a real effort to make sure we were happy with all aspects of the new house and was always quick to identify any work that was not to standard and to organise rectification.

The final cost of our build was in fact slightly cheaper than our original contract price due to a provision for traffic control that was included in our contract originally but not needed. Needless to say it is great to get to the end of a build and not have encountered any unexpected costs along the way.

Should I build another house in the future I’d be happy to use Metricon again.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Matt F, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. It’s great to hear you’ve had a good experience throughout your journey with Metricon and our Site Supervisor was easily cont... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Dec 2019

So far so good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

We’d like to say that our experience with Metricon Pre-Construction phase has been amazing, [name removed] has been a great help, she has been with us every step of the way and very quick to respond to our needs and questions and very professional, we’ve had no issues at all and she’s been a pleasure to work with.
We were also very happy with the sales process and had a minor error in the contract with an item which was rectify and corrected with the help of [name removed].
Studio M has also been great, everyone has been friendly and knowledgeable in all selection appointments, and we have really enjoyed this part of the process.
I am also glad that there wasn’t much feedbacks from certifier received during the assessment stage, which I feel the sales and design teams have also done a great job pre-emptively to foresee all issues and get them resolved before the job gets lodged.
Overall the process has been great and we feel that we have made the correct choice in choosing Metricon to build our home. Our decision was also because we saw many great reviews on this forum.
So far so good! And looking forward to the next phase!

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Nam, It is great to hear that your pre-construction journey has been amazing, we are proud that our team has been very helpful. Thank you for choosing Metricon as your builder Nam, our construc... read more »

Sydney

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Nov 2016

No post build Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Post build Service has been terrible. Still waiting two years to have problems rectified. Metricons online warranty portal won't allow you to add more than one item at a time and they won't come to fix that one problem or update their system so you can add more.

I have emailed [name removed] the service coordinator and she will not respond. I sent a follow up email with no response also. I have then emailed the site manager to liase with her and no response from him either.

Two years later and we have broken pipes, indoor window architrave literally coming off the walls, dishwasher not working, poor water pressure, intermittent Ducting vacuum issues, skirting coming off the floor, painting issues, drummy tiles, Hebel cracks etc. This is just to name a few.

I am so frustrated that it feels like court will be a likely option for compensation. Endless amounts of emails back and forth so its unbelievable that they do not tend to the issues when they are fully aware the problems exist.

Very very poor post service/warranty. I know a lot of builders have problems but think twice about metricon. Another issue which has contributed is the amount of staff they have turn over and then change your contact person. Your emails and contacts with the previous person are useless and lost.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Winnie,
We are sorry to read of the items outstanding in your home 2 years after settlement. We have sent you a private message with the intention to assist.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,
Metricon Customer Care.

Burnside

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Perfect Home... Very high quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Perfect home.. service was exceptional and all throughout the build. Even when I requested a few things changed they didn't even charge a variation. Price of the house is heaps less than what i value it at. Gave quite a lot of complimentary items.. Friendly helpful staff.. site supervisor was decent and understanding... never had a problem... had a few enquiries throughout the build and they were immediately brought to attention.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Kelvin, congratulations on your new Metricon home. We are glad all your changes could be accommodated to and that our staff attended to your concerns very promptly. Thank you for building with ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jun 2019

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

It has been a year since we decided to go ahead with Metricon for our new home. The sales process was very smooth, [name removed] was our Sales Consultant and she took a lot of time and care in helping us on the journey and making some of the key initial decisions.
Post sales, the file was handed over to customer service, however the first few interactions were not great. The customer service rep originally assigned wasn't that switched on and did not gave us much visibility. Studio M consultant for interior selection was helpful and allowed us to change color but did miss out a few things. Tile Studio, Kitchen selection, Carpet and Electrical appointments were really great and the team members were very supportive and help us in making good selections.

Our customer service woes came to an end after [name removed] was assigned to our file. [name removed] was drastically opposite to the original rep that was assigned. She expedited our file through the process, gave us regular updates and was transparent. To be honest, before [name removed] was assigned, we were on the verge of cutting off with Metricon and choosing another builder, however [name removed] gave us the confidence that we could continue with Metricon.

Our construction is about to begin and I am hoping that it will be a good journey and that all this effort and wait will be worth it after all. Will update the feedback after build completes

Comments
Metricon Official

HI Neel, Thank you for your kind review. We are glad our team was able to rebuild your confidence in Metricon as we prepare for the construction of your home. We are confident you will enjoy watch... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Slightly bumpy Metricon journey morphing into our excellent dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Some drafting errors emerged but [name removed] our site supervisor was always there to help solve them. Workmanship was generally good, though at times [name removed] had to chase after the trades persons. A couple of drafting errors caused significant anguish but [name removed] in consultation with us solved them satisfactorily. Few minor issues are outstanding but were noted before handover and [name removed] has been helping finalize them. [name removed], our construction manager was also helpful. The show home (liberty 40 ) at Mulgoa rise proved to be a great design to follow though we had to go for liberty 38 due to land constraints. [name removed] at Mulgoa rise was very patient with us but helped get us the best upgrades . Our view was to get most things done by Metricon. We are content with the final cost and had budgeted for this. I was surprised at the immense workload that [name removed] was carrying and yet remained calm, comforting and inspiring with his favourite words :- ""You'll have a great home at the end "".

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Subba, Thank you for your kind 5 star review. It is great to know that our team has been able to work with you and satisfactorily resolve any issues that arises. The Liberty 38 is a beautiful de... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Sydney Region Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Pre Construction Stage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Our Customer Service Coordinator was [name removed] and we are very happy about the service we received from her. She was always on top of things and chased any issues we have had. We never felt we were left in the dark on anything. She was very prompt to reply to our queries and always tried her best to work around the requirements and expectations.

Comments
Metricon Official

Hi Fahad, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers. We are very happy to read that our Customer Service Coordinator provided such great service by being on top of things, followi... read more »

5 of 112 pages