Occasionally customers are given an incentive through vouchers to write a review if they have used Metropolitan Plumbing services.

Excessive fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Please shop around before using this company. My husband was told over the phone they could fix my hot water system however when they arrived they advised me to replace any unit over 5 years old (information they could have explained over the phone). The quote they gave was more than double what I ended up paying and they charged me $116 on top of an $86 call out fee for the quote which I declined. The plumber who attended was polite and punctual.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Both plumber and his apprentice where fast friendly very hard working gentlemen
Kept informed with what was happening and explained what not to do in future
Would highly recommend these two for any plumbing work and will use again in future

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Hi Debbie, thank you for taking the time to provide a wonderful review. Kind regards Metropolitan Plumbing 711137

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Blocked drain between toilet and main with no ip plumber very helpful and innovative in resolving blockage and providing long term solution.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Hi Adam, thank you so much for 5 star review and great feedback. We look forward to helping you in the future. Metropolitan Plumbing 709506

Verified Customer

Expensive - beware of extra costs

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Aside from the $300 call out fee for a Saturday night, and the $86 for each 15 minutes, I was also charged for machine hire - another $160, which I was not told about when I asked about costs before booking the service. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a plumber to have the required equipment without having to pay extra for it ... it's like going to a bank to withdraw some cash and being told you have to pay for the computer the teller will use to request your money.

There was nothing wrong with the service and the guy was fine but he took a while to get the equipment out and ages to pack up and we had to pay for all of that time too. So our blocked drain took five blocks of 15 minutes from arrival to being ready to leave.

Note that you might not get someone from Metropolitan Plumbing either - our guy was from Jim's Plumbing - another thing we only found out after I'd paid the nonrefundable call out fee.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this as value for money - we'll look for another plumbing service if we have this kind of problem again.

Service Calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Don't be fooled by the claim of a $76 call-out charge - that is just to book the service. The way that the charging is structured, this WILL cost you $200+, and that assumes that NOTHING is done (just a quick look). Very misleading.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Turned up on time, cleared the drain in no time and very friendly, verry happy customer and will be back

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Hi Emily. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. Metropolitan Plumbing 702577

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Changeover electric Rheem Hot Water system. Metropolitan Plumbing Fulham Gardens. From initial phone call 8.30am to total Instillation 11.45am. Remarkable service by a genuine firm with a highly skilled tradesman. Chris you were a marvel. Would not hesitate to have you back on my property for any of my future plumbing needs.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you Dean, for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We pride ourselves on the knowledge and expertise our plumber's have on hot water systems and our plumbers are extremely... read more »

Verified Customer

Great service - prompt, friendly and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Daniel from Metropolitan Plumbing came out on Easter Sunday to fix what we originally thought would be an easy "unblock the toilet" job. Turns out, it wasn't that easy (with broken pipes and tree roots etc), but Daniel showed us the damage and talked us through the pricing and what would be required to fix the job. He kept us informed every step of the way and ensured the toilet was working fine before he left much later that evening. Follow up work to replace broken pipes was also carried out when scheduled, and Daniel completed the job and again kept us informed of what was happening every step of the way. Daniel did a great job and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others. Thanks Daniel.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Eleanor. Metropolitan Plumbing 686684

Verified Customer

Hot water service after flood

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Sven was punctual, polite and very professional, I would be happy to recommend him to anyone, job well done, thank you very much

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you for your positive feedback, Lyn. We are pleased to hear that you found our plumber to be polite and professional. Metropolitan Plumbing 673501

tree roots cause havoc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Our many trees have caused excessive damage to our old clay pipes along the driveway. Initially Chris from MP came to unblock drains and sink . We then saw from the camera that all the pipes were affected and damage was considerable.
Three days later we are back to normal after extensive work was required to rip up driveway and concrete ,replace with PVC pipes and back fill.
Major job done well and on time by the MC team led by Chris.He explained all that was required ,estimates and interest free payment plans available if required We are very happy with the professional way all work was carried out regardless of the high temperatures and heat.
Well done MP team.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you Joan and Alan, for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We pride ourselves on the knowledge and expertise our plumber's have on drains and our plumbers are extremely p... read more »

Verified Customer

Emergency gas leak call out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Brian came out and was thorough in survey of line, finding large and previously undetected gas line leak at heating/cooling unit. Thank you Brian!!!

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Hi Tamara. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. Metropolitan Plumbing 669104

SA

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Rip off merchants … Never recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

Told me my Rheem Stella its tank was spitted and needed to be replaced. No professional recommendation rather than using the same model replacement. Quoted me $3670 but the list price of the unit just around $1400 – around $2000 installation fee. Too expensive I paid the call out fee + on-site fee around $340 for nothing. Finally, I went to Gas Works and brought a Continuous flow model with 2 technicians (plumber + electrician) to come just costed me $2000 around.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Mart, thank you for your feedback. The two quotes you are comparing are for two completely different types of units 1 being a storage cylinder and 1 being a continuous flow system. The continuous f... read more »

Apart from the obvious price, My complaint was: 1. No professional recommendation - no advice to explain the pros and cons of different models to the customer for selection - but just only offered ... read more »

Verified Customer

Leaking water pipe in bathroom ceiling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

The service provided by Metropolitan Plumbing (Daniel) was outstanding.He arrived 15 minutes after the start time. (8 to 11). Was shown to the job, assessed what was required, Repairs were carried out completely and in a timely manner. Daniel was finished and gone by 08.50. Well done.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you, David. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest fleets of emergency plumbers in Australia and have the ability to respond to majority of calls within the hour. 666624

Toilet replaced in 3 hours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Huge thanks to Sven for a professional and immaculate job! Sven was punctual and solved our issue competently. I will not hesitate to recommend Jim's Plumbing.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you for your positive feedback Chloe. We are pleased to head that you found our services to be professional and punctual. Metropolitan Plumbing 664847

Exceptional Plumbing Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Excellent plumbing service provided by Sven from Metropolitan Plumbing. Could not ask for more. Very friendly and great quality service. Called earlier this morning and was able to obtain same day service. Had some tap leaks fixed, along with five (5) sets of taps all replaced with new ones in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Also had a new dishwasher which required a custom/adapter fitting to connect due to aging pipes. No more leaks and new dishwasher all connected, working well. Highly recommended. Thanks Sven, appreciate your service!

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us Litsa! Metropolitan Plumbing 664284

Basin fix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Product and service was excellent. Advice provided was very helpful to assist with further fix solutions in the future. Thank you again.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

It is great to hear that you found our plumber to be helpful and provided you with a great service. Thank you Shane! Metropolitan Plumbing 663716

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

The advice and service provided by Metropolitan Plumbing was outstanding. All repairs were carried out completely and in a timely manner and the place was left very clean.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Hi Nat, thank you for your 5 star review. We are very pleased that you found our services to be outstanding. Metropolitan Plumbing- 651802

Great service and consideration

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Great service and was very considerate that I had a young baby who was trying to sleep. Will definitely use them again. Explained the problem really clearly and showed me how to monitor the progress.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you for your great review. We are please to hear that we were able to provide such a great service to you- 652071

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Very happy with same day service. Plumber was there within 45mins of call and fixed my mother in laws bath. The plumber followed up a few days later to see if everything was okay with the waste pipe.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Thank you for your positive review! Customer Service Manager Metropolitan Plumbing

very happy with service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Very efficient and helpful.. I appreciate the quick response from our phone call, and the professional manner in which it was undertaken.

Comments
Metropolitan Plumbing Official

Hi Pam. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest fleets of emergency plumbers in Australia and have the ability to respond to majority of calls within the hour. Thank you for your positive f... read more »

1 of 5 pages