Not what I ordered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Pendant lights I ordered on line going by the pictures, when they arrived they were not as photos and they would only provide me with a store credit and I had to pay the return postage, never ever again would I purchase from them.

Small railway glass light shade

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I bought a little railway glass shade for my floor lamp in Sydney and after accidentally smashing it years later, I thought I’d never find an identical shade 500 km north of the city. I couldn’t even recall the name.
I researched a few keywords and found Mica Lighting and a photo of the style shade I needed.
I had a chat by phone about sizes and fitting, and ordered online. I’d been told 2 weeks by postage and my lampshade arrived nicely packed on the due date. Thanks Mica for polite and speedy service.

Verified Customer

Stay well clear - But Justice has been served!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We bought two 12V light bulbs online from this company and when they arrived they clearly were faulty. Currently doing a renovation we have an electrician on site and he could not get either bulb to work. He had alternatives which did work so the issue was clearly with the Mica bulbs. As we need a much softer tone of light for this room we were disappointed and requested that we get sent replacements. This was fine at this point, they arranged for the return postage and we duly sent the bulbs back to them. Then they took 10 days to respond finally telling us they had tested them and found no fault and said they would send replacements only if we paid $16 (to cover the return postage sent to them and also to send the new ones to us). Having sent them photographic evidence prior to this of their bulbs not working and of alternative bulbs working in the fitting, all overseen by an electrician, this claim was obviously very dubious. They are holding firm on not replacing them so we will be getting Fair trading to intervene but having now read all the previous reviews, I doubt this will result in anything.
In my consultancy role to several Victorian & NSW Government procurement agencies, I have direct access to advise on vendors and suppliers for all engagements. As well as obviously having an approved list for all companies, there is also quite a detailed 'blacklist' which reaches to all contractors and subcontractors. This advice will obviously not based on my own personal experience but rather the alarming amount of fraudulent activity highlighted on this forum. Unfortunately for them, this illicit action of defrauding us of $30 or so will end up costing them more money than they will ever even know about.

Good Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

I purchased two touch lights. They arrived in a timely manner but one was faulty. The faulty item was returned at their cost, tested by them and a new item sent out.
All contact with them had to be by email, no phone calls, but the overall result was satisfactory. I was very happy with the items I received.

Shocking customer service and attitude - buy elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

We ordered three pendants online. Two were fine, one had clear defects. Their only answer was that they are unique and something they cannot control. One would think they would check stock before it went out. Their solution was for us to send ALL three back at our cost, following which they would resend at our cost again.

Extremely bad customer service, but also with attitude. No wonder the Amazons of this world are killing businesses like, Mica Lighting.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Don't buy from these clowns

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Ordered pendant lights 5 weeks before they were due to be installed. Mica Lighting kept delaying, but promising they would be here in time. Of course the day arrived and Mica said they were still on the boat.

Why would they sell these as being available without them being in stock for six weeks after purchase?

Fantastic customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Mica have a great website, a huge selection and keen prices, but I'm writing the review mainly to rave about their customer service.
After one of my (valuable but un-insured) parcels got lost in the mail, their customer service team took on the task of dealing directly with Australia Post, tracked down the parcel and had re-addressed and got it sent to me. They kept me informed every step of the way and I was never left feeling un-supported.
I can highly recommend Mica Lighting, they went above and beyond the usual online company service.

Avoid!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

After they neglected to send an order out in a timely fashion, I requested a refund - they informed me that their policy was to deduct 10% regardless of circumstance. After clearly stating that I no longer needed the product, they dispatched it regardless and emailed me stating that "the matter was closed". Will quite happily be taking them to VCAT! They are rude and, quite frankly, are dishonest at best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Very affordable, quick delivery and fantastic service. Online services was very easy. Lot's of variety. Will definitely make future purchases.

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Took awhile for the lights to arrive but customer service handle really well. Price wise much adorable that anywhere else. Will order again next time if we need anything else.

Excellence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I found the light fitting on their incredible website. Rang and ordered it over the phone and the fitting arrived in perfect condition within days Fabulous service, polite and friendly. Many thanks Mica

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

We chose most of the lights for our house we are building via the website, which numbers quite a lot, and placed the order at the shop. When the lights arrived the staff per-assembled them, arranged them in common boxes and selected the appropriate light globes for the light fittings based on our previous discussions to suite dimmers, lighting levels, etc. The electrician is much appreciative. Thanks very much for the added service and attention to detail.

Dodgy trader!!! Run the other way

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

After purchasing lights online and having my credit card deducted for the order I was emailed asking for further documentation to verify my identity, as I was randomly selected. A copy of my driver's license and the credit card, albeit with some numbers banked out was required.
I was not happy to provide this information, cannot understand why they require this.
I was unable to contact this person via phone, after googling a phone number I spoke to a lady who pleaded inability to help me and said I should just return another email to resolve. I have later found out that this is business is run by a couple and she would have been well aware of what was going on.
There was no compromise. They swiftly cancelled my order but kept the money!
I submitted a complaint to the relevant government authority in my state (WA) who attempted to follow-up on my behalf. They agreed that Mica Lighting were in breach of their obligations as a merchant i.e. breaking the law, and were engaging in a very unusual practice. The investigation, however, went nowhere as Mica refused to return any attempts to contact them. Sadly this is as far as it went due to jurisdiction restrictions. I just wanted a refund!
I am now chasing the money back via the bank. Such a pain! I have much better things to do with my time than jump to the tune of a dodgy merchant, lodge complaints now converse with the bank and compile all my evidence. Seriously chewing up my time.

Please take your business elsewhere!

Very happy with purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I have had my concrete Jezz Pendant Lights for the last few months. The ordering process was simple, the delivery was fast and I have been satisfied with the product. There was a bit of minor damage to one of the pendants, but due to the nature of the material and the fact that it ;'added character', I didn't seek a replacement. Would be happy to order from Mica Lighting again.

Above expectation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

First time purchase on line as always very reluctant to do so. It was so easy to order and gave me the confidence needed to order further product. Was kept up to date with progress on delivery, where it was etc. Products were excellent and extremely happy with them

Super responsive delivery and great value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I’ve purchased seven lights in total over three purchases. Orders always are delivered super efficiently and the quality of lighting makes them great value. Recommended

Fantastic products and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I found their website easy to use, they have great prices with good postage prices too, but I loved that pick up was available which was very close to me! Very good customer service up on pick up too! Will shop there again if and when the time arises! Thank you!

Rip off!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

So I order a lamp and globe. It arrives and its great until I fit the globe, the screw fixing is not fixed to the globe so it wont work, highly dangerous and obviously very poor quality.
I email to report the condition only to be told you didn't take out insured delivery as an option so they cant do anything BUT I can buy another!!
I didn't need delivery insurance as the item arrived in good condition, its the faulty poor quality product that is the issue.

Banora Point

Private message

Highly recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Very quick delivery to northern NSW. Both lamps were packaged exceptionally well. Excellent value for money, as both lamps look far more expensive than they were. The free postage was a definite plus. I will certainly purchase from Mica Lighting again.

Love, love, love my Panto Table Blue & White Lamps.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I knew as soon as I saw these lamps they were exactly what I wanted. Only 1 was in stock so Mica Lightning offered a refund or a rain check on the other one. I really wanted it so chose to wait. While I waited, I never had to wonder where it was because they kept in touch with me continuously to let me know how it was progressing. I got it and I have to say it was worth it. I love them to death and the colour and everything is exactly as it looked on the website.
Thank you for your great service and communication. I will be back ... looking for a living room lamp next. Very happy customer.

1 of 25 pages