Black Forest Cake has changed with too much cream and no more cherries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Every birthday I always buy the family favourite Black Forest Cake. This year bought one from Michel's Patisserie Carnes Hill and it was NOT the normal recipe! It was replaced with a thick layer of cream. Disappointing!!!! Please change it back to the original recipe with the cherries in the middle and no cream.

Absolute horror

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Tiramisu cake ordered was dry and stale. The birthday message written was clumsy and they smudged out a mistake as there was icing wiped out. I was charged extra for the writing, I could have done better myself.

stale cake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

bought a marble mud cake from Westfield Parramatta this morning for our bosses birthday. Very disappointed with the cake as it was obviously stale. Cutting into it was the first indication it was stale as it just seemed to crumble and biting into it was dry and very unappetising. the cake was $41.90 and we have put it in the bin. For a Monday morning you would think the cakes would be fresh.

First and Last Time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

This is the first and last time I will ever buy anything from Michele's at MacArthur Square.
I'm sure I bought day old product or maybe even 2 day old product, very stale and falling apart. Young girl took a long time to give me my order and workout my change.

Ordered cake not received twice!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Ordered online a birthday cake last year for my wife's birthday and when i went to pickup the order the cake wasn't there.The store staff then blamed the online ordering system and told me to order the cake in store next time.This year i went to store and ordered the cake and apparently store phone and informed me that the cake didn't turn up.The girl on the phone told me that "the things that they order hasn't been turning up you know". Never again i will order cakes from Michel's Patisserie in North orange NSW.

Don't use the toilet at Michele's Eastwood NSW

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I asked to use the toilet at Michele's at Eastwood.From the moment I pushed the filthy door to go to the toilet I was truely shocked.Toilet was filthy never cleaned basket overflowing with wrapped up pieces of toilet paper . The basket by the basin was overflowing with paper.I had to ask for toilet paper and complained about the state of the toilet.There was no soap to wash my hands.In a filthy mirrored cupboard there was a disgusting piece of soap and a toothbrush..The back area where the toilet is was also filthy .

Stale cake

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

If you order coffee and cake at Michel's Patisserie at The Glen, you are often given stale cake. I did complain and received my money back. Was not offered an alternative cake, which I would have liked.

Birthday cake spoils celebration

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

Cake looked fine. Once cut, it looked unappealing due to an unnaturally brightly coloured jam layer. Far far too sickly sweet and the fresh cream had an unattractive artificial taste. Very disappointing, no one wanted to take the leftover home so we left it at the restaurant. Expected a more sophisticated offering but it was truly bargain basement quality. Never again.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

TERRIBLE Service-Michelle's Pastrie South Morang Westfield Shopping Centre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Ordered a Spider-Man cake for my boys and got a Batman cake. When I notify the owner [name removed] he told me to come back next day as he is about to close the shop. My twin boys were really upset on seeing Batman image as they were expecting Spider-Man. The birthday party was totally ruined.
When I went back next day, his answer was if I bring back the same cake he can make another Spider man cake in another 2 days. This is the only offer he had even though I showed him the receipt saying Spider-Man cake. He was really angry and rude to me.

Will never ever go back to this shop again.
If any one wants to order a cake with them think twice.
Even if it is totally his mistake he is not ready compensate it.
What a TERRIBLE service!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bike comp

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I would like to know who won the bike at Wattle Grove plaza as it is still sitting there I'm ready to pick it up if it was me lol

Cake a big stuff up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

First the cake was not what we ordered only to then cut the cake and find the cake was 2 ex display cake that they put on top of each other, top cake was still on board so we had a board in the middle of the two cakes then cakes covered with compound chocolate. Unfortunately you have lost any future business for my family.

Disgrace _ point cook Vic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

Very small portions.
Staff had no clue.
Got all plates mixed up.
Never again.
Chicken was like a prepackaged supermarket thing and really dry, can't find the avo.
2 small pieces of short cut bacon and 2 thin strips of bread.
Well done on the smoothies....the only decent things and only thing worth paying for.

1 of 9 pages