Verified Purchase

Okay

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

So, if you stick to it, it works, but it’s also information that really is common sense. Eat less, exercise more, lose weight. It has the added bonus of mindfulness videos to help keep you on track, but given you have to buy all new food / ingredients to stick to the plan and you fork out $20pw for the videos / recipes, I find it expensive. Would be better value for money if you could stay on the program with a minimal fee after paying full price first round.

sydney

• 15 helpful votes

Program works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Have been on 6 rounds of the 12WBT and absolutely love it. I have learnt so much from Michelle Bridges through eating, fitness, and mindset. Have lost so much weight, and would highly recommend the program to anyone who wants to loose weight. This program is more focussed on the proper and healthier way to eat, rather than quick fixes that don't last.

WA

Great Exercise Program

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Very well maintained website with great workout options from beginner to advanced. I did 2 sessions and it was life changing. Due to other expenses could not afford more. Love Michelle. All the Best

Fletcher

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

AWESOME PROGRAM HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2017

Very easy program to follow , amazing food and recipes only down side to the program is once the 12 weeks is over you lose access to the site so you need to join again , lost 12 kgs on the program , need to be consistent with exercise which goes hand in hand with anyone that wants to lose weight anyway , completed 2 rounds would do it again many times

Lost 15kg!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I have almost completed my first 12 week round and am very happy with my weight loss. I thought the program would be hard to follow but have found it really easy. I am a busy full-time teacher with four of my own teens/young adults. The best part for me was that my shopping list can be transferred automatically by Michelle's online site to Woolworths Online and I could choose between budget or normal (I chose budget) this means I could purchase cheaper brands. My whole family ate what I ate but they just added meat and extra bread, rice etc to up the calories as they're still growing. I walked most days and did Michelle's workouts, you can lose weight by simply eating the recipies even if you can't do the exercises. I'm vegetarian but there is a huge variety of meals to choose from. Now I'm almost finished the round, I'm going to move onto the Voome program which is still from the 12WBT people only it's around $6 per week for almost the same content. The main difference is the ingredients don't automatically go into Woolworths Online. Even all the recipies I favourited are still favourited. This program is extremely doable for busy people and like someone above said, there is no way it won't work if you honestly follow it.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

I never knew healthy food can taste so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I loved this program. I found it all inclusive Michelle has thought of everything and I have been blown away by the recipes and will be incorporating them into my everyday life. Portion sizes are smaller than I would like and I get this is so I loose weight. If I ate what I would like I'd never loose the weight I want to. Great program, excellent value for money. When I followed the program it worked, when I didm''t follow it and added extras it didn't work.
Love it Michelle.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 8 helpful votes

Cannot recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

I cannot recommend this program because I just don't think you get value for money. If you have tried dieting other ways and done your research you will already have seen variations of the recipes elsewhere. They are basic and bland at times. Examples- breakfast banana smoothie recipe, minestrone soup, boiled egg with Vegemite soldiers, steamed fish with Asian vegetables, ham and salad wrap...get my drift??? Many meals are high in carbs with extensive use of bread, wraps, crackers - which is contrary to current diet advice and leaves you hungry. also, access to the recipes and videos disappear when your time is up so you can never refer back to what you paid for. There are better programs out there than this one.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

BRISBANE

• 16 comments
  • 19 answers
  • 50 helpful votes
Private message

Free weight loss info available readily online/Unnecesary expense?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2016

Looked at the 12wbt website. Unable to access even "sample my recipes". All information was locked (ooohhhh, its soooo secretive) and without signing up and paying membership there was no good will or incentives to encourage/stimulate joining. There is so much "free" weight loss information online, there does not appear the need to be a real need, albeit maybe a psychological one (i.e. this one will work - it must be better so if I join I will lose weight this time because its a hidden secret), to join and pay for information that you can probably already freely access or obtain from your doctor/medical facility. Unfortunately weight loss will come from hard work, self control, medical help and a mind set to achieve the same. Sadly, weight loss will just not come from "joining" the 12wbt.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

You will get results if your are honest

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2016

This program is easy to follow, the food is sustainable for the whole family and can be slightly modified for the other family members. For the comments i have read that you should get access to videos after completing the 12wks or the ridiculous comment that after 5 rounds and spending all that money you walk away with nothing, come on and be realistic. After a 12 month gym membership do they give you dvd workouts to take home? NO this gives you shopping lists, meal plans and a choice of workouts for about $16 a week. I consider that to be a bargain and a lot cheaper than a gym membership or a personal dietician and that's what Michelle Bridges gives you. You can print as many recipes as you like and the workouts. This is about being accountable for yourself.

• 5 helpful votes

Long term disappointment

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2016

I have done 5 rounds of 12wbt, yes I lost weight. I loved the workout videos as they fitted in with my life. My disappointment comes from paying $1000.00 over the 5 seasons and not getting any incentives. I would of liked to have been able to access the videos after each round or at least have full access to videos after a certain amount of rounds. It's a lot of money to pay in the long run. I have also put all the weight back on due to losing focus as can't access videos unless you sign up again. Yes you can purchase videos but they are not the same workouts.

• 6 helpful votes

Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

I did not lose any weight because I found it difficult to follow the programme. Am coming to the end of my 12 wks . In all fairness there's good help there but no help to navigate through the maze . Still don't know how to get to the shopping list or exercise videos in spite of taking a day off Frm work just to do that. Would have been excellent if there was someone to call and ask how to do the programme.

• 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

If you stick with it-it works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2016

IF you follow each week and do the preseason activities and stick with it, you will get results. It is as simple as that! The support amongst the community and the support crew is fantastic!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brunswick West, Vic

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 39 helpful votes

I've lost 33kgs in 10 months but I became obsessed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2016

Losing weight was easy on this program, everything was at my disposal - meal plans, recipes, shopping list, exercise plans, support, motivational guidance, intuitive website - it is all fabulous and really was super easy for me to lose weight and improve my fitness.

I lost 14kgs in the first 12 weeks and continued on the program for the next 7 months losing 33kgs in total and getting to a healthy weight.

I found it difficult to stop losing weight even after increasing my calorie intake. I still pay for the program because I love the convenience of meal plans, the recipes are delicious and the exercise videos are great. I have increased my calorie intake to the highest available and my weight has stabilised.

I'd love some additional videos for people returning to the program or those like me trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I have a tendency to become obsessed with things so I took the program very seriously which enabled me to achieve my goal but also caused problems with my health including a knee injury due to over training.

My advice to people is that it's a great program and makes losing weight really easy if you are motivated to lose weight for the right reasons. Don't become obsessed with it, rest when your body needs it and take the weight loss slowly.

Coffs Harbour, NSW

• 2 questions
  • 7 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Did this with my wife about 3.5-4 years ago - now have a 3-year-old!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

My wife and I did this together when we lived in Brisbane. It was definitely tough work but it was really fun doing it together and it stripped the fat off fast! Probably because I'm a bloke and I was eating the 1200 calories set for women - I lost 15+KG in the 12 week program - I was a little too skinny after it, and I have since then put it all back on! But the great thing about it, is the fact that I now know what I need to do to lose weight if I need to.

We were both the fittest we'd been since meeting and the result was she ended up pregnant which I believe is a lot to do with our health and the fact we had looked after our bodies better than ever before!

San Diego

Verified Purchase

Life Changer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

I have done multiple rounds of 12WBT and it is life changing, if you follow the program! For anyone saying that they followed it 100% and didn't lose any weight, well, they are lying to themselves about that 100%. I used to be that person saying that I really eat well and workout all of the time, but nothing happens. Then, I met Michelle Bridges and she taught me that I was making tons of excuses. Once I owned up and followed the plan (weighing, measuring, counting everything), I looked and felt amazing. I do the program now because it keeps me honest and on track. My family eats the meals along with me and, while I may add extra seasoning (not salt) here and there, we have plenty of tasty options to choose from. There are pages and pages of recipes to try. Workout options: gym, gym classes, home, workout video at home... And, you work to your own level. People who don't get what they want out of this program are not ready to be honest with themselves about what is holding them back. Change is tough, but so is being overweight, unhealthy, and immobile! Time to sign up for the March round!

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Didn't work and no support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2015

The exercise program is not individual as stated. It was generic. I couldn't get any support. The food became boring and some if the recipes were gastly didn't lose weight :(

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Tasty food but didn't lose any weight

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2015

Did 12WBT for 9 weeks then gave up. My wife and I followed it perfectly and never cheated. Did every workout with maximum effort. A lot of time is spent on food prep and things can get expensive when 2 are following the diet. The food was delicious and I would make many of the recipes again. However I found the prescribed portions to be a bit big and we were force feeding ourselves sometimes. After nine weeks we had both put on about half a kilo so just gave up. Later I moved on to low carb and lost 7 kilos in a month.

Changed my life!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2015

amazing!!! its the most sustainable lifestyle change programme available out there. I lost 20kgs. I finished the 12WBT program 1 1/2 months ago but im still losing. It would make more sense if they gave members life long access to the program rather than making u pay over and over again fr something you've already done, Highly recommend it to everyone

Alternatives

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2015

I've been to weigh watchers, and tried countless things and the only way out for me was to do a lot of exercise (easy or hard) whenever I got the chance. I started using foot power instead of the car whenever possible, parked a few bus stops back from normal, run/walked as much as I could on the weekends (I'm not a runner - I just ran until I couldn't then I'd walk for a bit). A key thing was diet. Despite eating well I just wasn't losing weight. Then I came across a scientifically researched book about fasting. It's comprehensively documented and peer reviewed so it's accurate and proven. I'm on this at present and so far I've adapted well and feel hundreds of times better than I used to. Combined with some exercise I've been steadily losing weight without being a failure.. plus it's very cheap!

Lane Cove

Food a bit tasteless

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2015

I already attend a gym and have a trainer so I have only used the meal plan. Meals are fairly tasteless as they have no salt. Taste much better with some salt added. Meals are also quite small. Unlike weight watchers, there are no"free" foods so if you are still hungry, tough! It is fairly cheap, however, at $200 for 12 weeks of meal and exercise plans.

1 of 3 pages