PURNIM VIA WRRNAMBOOL AUS

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Have not had a bill yet but is due soon, but had my family home gone from 2 persons to 10 persons with 4 children did not run out of water, water seems softer I don't know why however the the 170 litre is working fine with 55 degrees being the lowest temp and 62 the highest we are very satisfied good work government subsidy.

Adelaide

• 5 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Very nice unit.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

The unit is working really well. I have not had a power bill yet but im sure it will be better with this new unit. My old unit was about 30 yrs old and seem to heat all the time. Was happy with the price I paid with the government rebates it was a great deal. The only issue was I had to pay extra for my electrical switch in the fuse box. It needed to be upgraded which I totally understand. But would of been nice if I was advised at the time of ordering that this might be possible. I had to pay for the on the day of installation or the unit would of not been installed. Lucky I had enough money to cover it. The guys that came to install the unit were very friendly. Will update this when I get my next power bill.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

chromagen Midea 280Lt heat pump

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

After fairly detailed research I replaced our old solar unit with a Chromagen Midea 280L Heat Pump
biggest mistake i have ever made were told it will help reduce our power bill what a load of rubbish the power bills
went through the roof when i rang ghromagen and asked to talk to a technician was told he would ring back no reply
not happy with this product at all.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Read the terms and conditions!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Like anything in this world, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. When enquiring about this $0 dollar hotwater changeover offer by Chromagen, I was informed it was completely free. Rebates take care of everything! All plumbing, all electrical and they would drain and remove the old tank. Sounds great! But then there was a catch, because my existing unit was a gravity fed unit I would incur additional costs for new valvewear and roof to external pipework. Even with these upfront charges ($649), I decided it was still a good deal and s igned up. After a very long wait (approx 7 weeks) I finally had the unit installed. But sure enough, there was now even more hidden additional costs! Now I need a new power circuit for an additional $250, even though my switchboard has been upgraded less than 6 months ago? How did $0 now become $899? Then I actually sat down and researched the amount of REC's these units get and the amount of money the company gets back, aswell as the Renewal energy target incentives, These guys are basically charging upwards of $3k for these imported chinese units? What a rip off, wish I had gone with another company. One last thing, READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!! they basically state if anything doesn't go right with install or REC's can't be claimed or similar, you are liable for FULL INSTALL! Buyers beware.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

DIY heat pump with existing solar system

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I buy this unit and connect it in series with the solar 370 litre gas booater Euora hot water system, I disconnected the heating element in the chromagen 170 litre, so there will be no chance of using it, which is quite expensive to use electricity to heat up water.

AS a result, a 540 liter system existed with low temp zone and high temp zone in the chromagen.

It work good for 6 months now.

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

An Excellent Hot Water Unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

After fairly detailed research I replaced a Chromagen Solar Unit ( a piece of rubbish) with a new Midea Heat Pump system. I figured that an air conditioner manufacturer should understand heat pump technology, and so far I am very happy. The unit has an in built timer and allows me to control the running time to during daylight hours when I get the benefit of the solar PV panels. Very tidy looking, easy to use the timer. Quiet operation. I will update when we see the next electricity bill. . . . .

Private message

Has been a great product and has saved me on power costs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

I am very happy having this hot water unit its been a big saving in costs and works wonderful would recommend it to any one interested as you sure will see the difference it makes in your home

Wantirna South, Victoria

• 4 answers

An excellent product Time will Tell

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

A fantastic product so far,can only comment on a short period of time in operation as is new.However the guys who installed the unit were terrific,very professional,the unit looks great and works well.

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2017

I am very happy with this hot water system. Looks good works well my power bill is down. The young men that installed it were fantastic. The company has been very helpful and nice. I would have no problem recommending them.

Works very well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

Our last system was not hot enough to wash the dishes, we had to boil the jug to add to the sink, now we don't. We have a Solar system that runs the Midea 170L during the day.

Brand new and professional installation. Absolutely fantastic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Received new hot water service promptly, installed quickly and professionally. Looks new age and not like an ugly add on and works perfect. Purchased as secondary hot water system for visitors bathroom and haven't ran out of hot water yet! Thank you.

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Very economical, works well and easy to operate. Takes up little space, much better than the electric heater it replaced. A great government initiative, should be available to more people.

Excellent, works great. Have no issues and always have plenty of hot water.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

I recommend installing this unit to anyone considering replacing you old electric hot water unit.
We have had two of these units installed, one domestic and another commercial use.
Their response from my initial contact was very prompt, polite and obliging.
The installation persons (plumber and electrician) were very competent and professional, about an hour to install.
I would be happy to pay full price for these units, if the government rebate was not available.

Quite an improvement over the electric gravity feed hot water system.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2016

We may not have had this unit installed were it not for the government incentives. The unit has exceeded our expectations .The 170 L unit stores More than enough for three to four people.The water temperature is perfect and pressure adequate given we work off tanks and pumps.
The installation was carried out efficiently by two skilled and friendly tradesmen.I have recommended Chromegen to friends as a consequence of my positive experience .

Good product!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

I upgraded from a very old electric HWS. Like so many others, I was persuaded by the Government rebate on this unit to proceed with the purchase. I know it is a lot more energy efficient than my old HWS and that makes me feel good. The installation went ahead without any problems and I recommend this unit highly.

EILDON

• 7 helpful votes

Excellent power saver.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

I must admit I originally purchased the heat pump because it was free with government rebates. But now after the quick and simple installation I would still have purchased the pump if I had to pay for it.
The power savings and practicality of the unit are excellent.
I have gone from a 400L hot water service to a 170L heater pump with an estimated 70% reduction in my water heating bill.
I'm very happy.

Money saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

The hot water system does the job very well with enough hot water for 2 of us. Looking forward to seeing the savings on our power bill. The guys were very friendly and answered any questions I asked them.

This is a wonderful invention

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

The hot water system has been very effective in its heating.To early for a power bill as of yet.Very happy with the tradies, as they were efficient and friendly.Love the look of the water system.

Great service we have a great Government

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

I have had lots of complaints from my tenants about expensive power bills I'm hopping that the Midea 170l will reduce the power consumption . Great service and very good tradies that did the installation.

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2016

I thought it might be to small as we have 3 kids but we have not ever run short of hot water. The installation was very quick and very professional whenever I have had any questions they have been extremely accomodating

1 of 2 pages