This product has been discontinued by Miele.

Model: G 2534 SCU Date Purchased: Dec 2009

Feeling Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I bought this dishwasher to replace another brand that was 15 years old when we renovated our kitchen.
The dishwasher is approx., 8.5 years old and has worked quite well ,without any problems, until recently when it displayed the F78 error code.
I contacted Miele service department and after 13 mins on hold I explained that I was calling due to the F78 error code being displayed by the dishwasher.
I was told that a service technician would have to take a look at it and this would cost $179 for 30 mins and $34 for every 15mins thereafter. I then mentioned I had been on the internet and this appeared to be a common problem with the circulation pump when the F78 code was being displayed. The response was that they were unaware of the problem, and yet this site has quite a few F78 error code problems reported.
The cost of the pump and technician visits I would estimate to be in the vicinity of $1000 or possibly more, therefore I would have to consider buying another brand of dishwasher of better value.
We originally purchased the Miele because it was recommended to us as a top brand and because we wanted quality we were prepared to pay for a premium product.
Doing the maths it now appears this was not value for money.

Well it's been 1 week for miele to reply before we advertised it on product review .There hasn't been a response, ,
so as we have already been looking at new dishwashers there is a Bosch that receives 5 stars and an Asko that is slightly dearer. Good Bye Miele.

Model: G 2534 SCi Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Terrible dishwasher !

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Although it cleans and dries very well, actually washes too well - my coloured royal Doulton plates has fainted and has broken down twice within 4 years. Got a techinition to come out to fix it twice. One was the drainage problem and water leaked outgrowth the doors and lastly, the pump F78 was not working. To repair it, it would have costed $1,400 to fix. We decided to buy another dishwasher. This time it wound Not be Miele.

BRISBANE, Queensland

• 1 answer

Model: G 2534 SCi Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Miele Longevity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

We bought this to replace another Miele dishwasher that we had had for 20 years. The staff member said we’d been short changed as Mieles usually last longer . We thought we’d done pretty well.
We took along a dinner plate to check sizing and this was the only one that would accept the size. Love the layout of it and the cutlery tray at the top instead of a basket, which scratches your cutlery as they hit each other.
It does an excellent job of cleaning and we usually leave it set on Sensor Wash. It is a quiet machine apart from the occasional loud crack which sounds like the tablet dispenser opening and as it moves to a different cycle. It dries the dishes well but the bottoms of the coffee cups always hold water. As long as you unload from the bottom upwards, the dishes wont get wet from any water pools in the top levels.
We only use Finish, which was the recommended choice, and every 6 months put through a dishwasher cleaner.
Its 4 years old and still works and looks as good as the day we bought it home.

Purchased at: Clive Peeters

Model: G 2534 SCi Date Purchased: Feb 2012

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

I'm really surprised at some of the comments here. I am extremely happy with ours, i wonder if some people don't know how to stack a dishwasher properly! It cleans fantastic, it's incredibly quiet, and, compared to others, about the same cycle time. Wouldn't buy anything else. I love it.

• 1 question

Model: G 2534 SCi Date Purchased: Oct 2010

Unhappy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

No wonder it's discontinued I only got 6 years out of it then it was going to cost me a fortune to get it fixed service provider told me there was a frequent fault with them but mine had several faults got nothing from Miele in response apart from a $140 call out fee which I'm told can come off my next Miele purchase will have to think hard about that when I was told they can last for 20 years

Model: G 2534 SCi Date Purchased: Apr 2012

Irritating. slow and items come out stained and dirty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

The best thing is that it's reasonably quiet, otherwise it's slow, bakes stains and dirt onto cutlery on every type of cycle, almost all our china has black staining now that it never had with the old Asko using the same cleaning tabs and frequently throws error codes that never seem to be listed.
It's still sort of working, but I wish I'd sold it when we moved to the new house and put in another Asko. Too bad I believed the hype, but we're never buying Miele now.

Brisbane

Model: G 2534 SCU Date Purchased: Feb 2011

Great (well, when it works..........)

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Great when it works. Quality of plastics mediocre. For example, small parts of the cutlery tray tend to break off and are sucked into internal pipework, necessitating service calls. And here-in lies the big problem. After sales service is poor. Allow at least 30 minutes to book a service call, (the briefest period I have had on hold was 26 minutes), and be aware that you are unlikely to see a technician within a week or so. Call out cost $169 for 30 minutes, then $6.20 per 3 minutes ($124 / hour !).

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2010

It is great when it works, cleans dishes sparkly clean

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

Miele costed me 2400 to buy it works great when its not broken, it broke twice in 5 years, very expensive to fix, not worth the premium price, all the hype about very high quality appliance , lasts lifetime or 20 years is not true, please consider other brands such as Bosch, Asko, Siemens, SMeg etc. save yourself $1000+ upfront and $1000+ for each repair, and also the pain of not being able to use the appliance.

Model: G 2534 SCi

F78 Fault Repaired under warranty after 6 years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

This dishwasher has performed extremely well for 6 years without fault until now. Miele service was excellent. the technician replaced the circulation pump initially but this did not rectify the F78 fault. He then replaced the power/control unit which did rectify the fault. (He left the new pump in the dishwasher even though the old pump was probably ok). Total cost of parts and labour, not including the new pump, was approximately $920. However the charge to me was $0.00! We have a house full of Miele appliances and have had only one other problem with a Combi oven. In that case the complete oven was replaced under warranty.
Even though our model of dishwasher has been discontinued the technician advised that Miele keep parts for their products for 20 years. Based on our experience we would always use and recommend Miele products.

Perth

• 3 comments

Miele customer support, G2534SCU - F78 error message

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2016

Purchased 5 years ago and it has been faultless but I now have the F78 error and a machine that won't work. Called Miele and was put through to their Service division but gave up after being stuck on hold. I have now used their online query form. Waiting for a response.

Comments

UPDATE - Miele called back and confirmed the error needed a technician to inspect / repair the machine. The quoted cost was $169 (including the first 30 minutes) and then work to be charged in 3 mi... read more »

UPDATE - Miele's technician has now inspected the machine and confirmed the F78 error is a known fault. He spent two hours replacing the circulation pump and power control unit (at Miele's cost) bu... read more »

UPDATE - Miele's technician returned and replaced the circulation pump and power control unit again. All up some $2,300 of repairs (at Miele's cost) and we now have a working machine - thank you Miele!

Diswasher came with the house F78 error fixed for free

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Hi,
We bought a house and have been here for about 18 months now. The Miele dishwasher which is actually the G1534 was working well, nice and quiet compared to our previous dishawsher (a Dishlex).
Unfortunately a few weeks ago the F78 error popped up. I managed to get it going by fiddling around, switching off and on, ensuring everything was clean inside. The a week later it did it again. This time no matter what I tried there was no joy. I did some research about the F78 error and came to this forum and saw that some people had the good fortune of a free repair.
Taking this on board I decided to get Miele out to look. Of course they couldn't tell me anything about the code and about any chance of it being covered by Miele. I was told it would be a $169 call out cost so bit the bullet and arranged for a service man to come out.
So after the service man came and checked a few things and replaced some "inexpensive parts" we were told the pump and the control board were both defective and would be covered by Miele. So at the end of the day we paid $88 for the non return valve and some cleaner and salt. Amazing outcome for us considering the dishwasher was probably about 4-5 years old and never purchased by us to start.
I'd like to thank the people who posted about their F78 issues on here as I probably would never have considered getting Miele out if there was no chance of a free repair.
And we might well consider another Miele product in the future.

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes

Model: G 2534 SCU

Miele dishwasher G2534SCU Disappointing: F78 Problem.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2016

As a faithful Miele customer with Washing machine and dryer, I bought a new Miele G2534SCU Dishwasher on to replace a FisherPaykel Dishwasher that had lasted 13 years without fault.

Recently a F78 error code is showing. It appears from this forum that Miele Australia are fully aware of this F78 error code.

Contacted Miele service and asked for explanation of the error code and the related fault. Other than an apology, I was told that this fault could only be fixed by a technical service call. No explanation. I was believing that an error codes job was to be able to tell you what the fault was.

I then asked for a accurate costing due to the fact that they have obviously dealt with this problem on many occasion, surely they would know what has to be done and how much? I was told call out fee $160, plus parts, plus service charge at 3 min increments. Cost is unknown.

For a company that prides itself on being a premium Brand, Miele should be able to do better than this.

I'm now left with the decision, Replacement vs likely cost of repair..... considering replace D/W with a new one but not Miele.

24/6/16
UPDATE: Miele technician attended and after speaking with office Miele acknowledge the fault was a result of a software problem and fixed the Dishwasher under warranty. Replaced the pump and power board including software. basically a new dishwasher without the replacing the shell.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 3 comments

Model: G 2534 SCi

Poor washing performance, dishes come out dirty, no errors yet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

Installed in our new house about 4 years ago in semi integrated configuration. It run's quietly, but we are constantly disappointed with the washing performance. Dishes, cutlery come out dirty with dried food marks. We have resorted to hand scrubbing all food remnants from dishes/cutlery before placing into the unit for 'washing'. We have ensured the tap is connected to the cold outlet and that we are using Finish powder/tablets/rinse aid. Have tried all programs and seem to find that the 'Light soiling 50C' is the best of the worst. We clean the very fine filter in the bottom every few days, a process that isn't required in other brands. We are comparing the performance to our old Fisher Paykel unit and to friends Bosch/Siemens units.

Super-reliable, 8.5 year old and still going strong

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2015

Unlike other reviewers, we haven't had the F78 error message come up to date. Ours is over 8 years old, used daily if not more and never misses a beat. Such a strong workhorse. We also have a washing machine and and happy to pay extra for reliability, quality work and longevity. Very happy with this super quiet model. We originally had a much noisier other cheaper brand that we weren't too happy with.

• 1 answer
  • 18 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: G 2534 SCi

You get what you pay for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2015

I've owned this dishwasher for 5.5 years along with a Miele washer and dryer. At the time of purchase I found Miele cooking appliances not necessarily superior in function to cheaper European options, but for cleaning they were a stand out. This was based on the collective experience of many family members and friends. All 3 machines have been heavily used, performing almost flawlessly at least once and often twice per day each. The dishwasher operates quietly and rarely leaves an item not perfectly cleaned. We'll often feed it pots, pans and crockery dishes with heavy caked on cooking residue such as lasagna trays or pots used for 36 hour bone broth. I have become a big supporter and will unlikely buy another brand dishwasher, washing machine or dryer. The washing machine receives even higher praise from me!

Just outside of the 5 years warranty the dishwasher got the aforementioned F78 fault. Not only was I dealt with utmost professionalism by customer service and the technician, but the machine was fixed free of charge by replacing certain components with upgraded ones. Being a known fault and costly to repair, Miele has shown it's integrity as a company and stood by its product, I also have 12 months warranty on the replaced components.

In buying an expensive German built machine it's unrealistic to expect perfection and to understand the differences from it's counterparts sometimes takes perspective and attention to detail. I believe, not unlike most consumer products, this dishwasher is not expensive but rather others are cheap. This machine could hypothetically break again next month and cost me $1000 to fix and I'd still be happy.

For anyone looking to buy a Miele product I would suggest that if you can't understand the difference between an $80k Mercedes Benz and a $40k Holden, you should probably look elsewhere. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

Stopped working

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2015

I've had my dishwasher for a few years now, I used it for a while (it was fantastic) and then it went into storage for a few years as I didn't need it. When I moved houses I put it back in my kitchen and all of a sudden it stops working.
Called Miele and they've told me I have to have a serviceman come out and they have no idea on how much it will cost to fix - just starting at $164 for 30 mins then extra for more time and parts.
To be honest I'm a little upset at this. I've bought Miele products in the past because they are long lasting and have never let me down. For a machine that's worth over $2k to break down in less than 4 years isn't acceptable!!!
I can see a few people have had similar issues to mine, lets hope the issues get fixed asap!!!!!

Comments

Update!! A Miele serviceman came out and had a look, I decided not to get it fixed as it was going to cost almost as much as a new dishwasher. At the last minute I changed my mind and asked the guy... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

F78 Problem fixed at no Cost

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

Purchased a Miele G2534SCi just over five years ago very happy with the machine, however just recently during a wash cycle the machine stopped, lights flashed and an error code F78 was displayed. Looked up the instruction manual, no description of an F78 error code, tried to reset, still F78, tried cleaning filters and no-return valve, still F78 and machine would not operate. Contacted Miele Customer Service and was told that it would be about two weeks to get a technician out, was quoted the call out cost, hourly rate and parts would be extra. Doing some quick maths at worst case my $3k dishwasher may cost me another $1k to repair.
The Miele Tech (Brendan) arrived on time, had a quick look at the machine confirmed the F78 error code and advised that the repair including the call-out would be at "No Cost" he proceeded to change out the Circulation Pump and Power Control unit. I was beginning to doubt the quality of this brand however my faith has been restored in that Miele back their product. This is a known problem with this machine and Miele are fixing the problem as they occur at no cost. Excellent service, thanks Miele.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 3 helpful votes

POS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2015

Owned a oz made Westinghouse disgwasher for 10 years before the latch went, we have owned the miele for 3 years and now have the F78 fault. Over priced Piece of s__t. We expected a reliable dishwasher due to the brand reputation, unfortunately we have been proven wrong to pay the extra and buy miele.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

sydney

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Model: G 2534 SCU

Reliability problems fixed by Miele at no cost

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2015

We’ve had our Miele G2534SCU built in dishwasher for just over 5 years and it gave good results until about 4 months ago. The machine kept stopping intermittently at the beginning, in the middle and near the end of the wash with an error message F78. Miele service suggested turning the machine off and back on at the power point and maybe it would reset. This worked occasionally and proved a real hassle. I was advised by someone who knows Miele products that it’s a known error and Miele should arrange to have it fixed.
After contacting Miele again and speaking with a few people they agreed to send a technician and also cover the call out cost (we live rural and the call out cost would have been hundreds of dollars!).
Apparently, the Miele F78 error message is a communication error between the pump and the main control circuit board. Sometimes the error is in either or both. Miele have known of the problem for some time and replaced the parts on our 5 year old machine at no cost.
Credit to Miele for backing their product but I think this information should be volunteered rather than to and fro with phone calls and the uncertainty of knowing if it’s worth the cost of repairs.
We are again very happy with our dishwasher, it performs well and is very quiet. We’re looking forward to many years of now faultless operation.

• 9 helpful votes

Model: G 2534 SCU

Fault 78: after 4 years. German engineering?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2015

Bought this top of the line Miele $2400 at the time because I was fed up with the other 2 brands I previously owned. This brand also turned out to be disappointing after only 4 years. 20 years German engineering guaranteed?! I was hoping to get at least 10 years. When booking the service, my extended warranty was not on their computer system. I rang another department to get my claim no then rang back the service dept only to get an appointment in 7 days. With a big family I rely heavily on my dishwasher. So I'm very frustrated! I was considering changing my oven to Miele but now I have to find other options.

Purchased at: Bing Lee