Brisbane

Model: SC (White, Freestanding) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Cleans really well.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I’ve had this dishwasher for a while now. A friend who is in the market for a new one asked me recently what i thought of it. I decided now would be a good time to talk about it’s positives and shortcomings.
I did recommend a Miele, but not this model based on my experiences below.

We purchased this dishwasher after many hours of research to replace a 10yr old Lg which just was not cleaning our dishes well at all.
Clean wine glasses are important to us and putting them through a dishwasher is essential. Especially after a dinner party or get together.

I went into Harvey Norman and looked at all the Miele models and then went home and purchased online. The Miele website is a bit lacking and it does not really allow you to compare the models well and see inside. I found it a bit confusing to see what the differences were between the racks. These differences were not apparent in the shop either.

At first I was really blown away by the cleanliness of my dishes and the quietness of the machine. Then i started to have a lot of wine glass breakages. The rack design of this model is quite poor. There were no stem holders like in every other dishwasher. Tall stemware just can’t stand up and breaks.

I thought this cannot be right, am I missing some parts? I looked in the manual and found these could be purchased as an optional extra. Optional on a $1099 dishwasher?
I called customer care. The price for the wire stemware holders was nearly $100 per side! A basic feature which should have been standard in my opinion.

I did some more research and was fortunate enough to find the racks from the next model up on eBay. Near new. I purchased all 3 racks for 50. They were virtually new. These came from the next model up. I got the stemware holders, the 3D cutlery tray and all the other features that were lacking in my model.

Am I happy. Yes, with the 2nd hand replacement racks, I am a happy Miele owner. If you do have stemware spend the 200 bucks more and get the next model up. That’s what I would have done if I’d known. I have a silent and efficient machine now. I use Coles brand dishwasher tablets and love it. I would like a faster cycle option. It takes nearly 2hours. An optional beep would also be good for when it finishes. It doesn’t dry very well, so opening the door helps at the end. The machine is so quiet you can’t hear it finish.

I generally do scrape my dishes a bit. I don’t like to clean the filters too often. Miele has a great filtration system. The Auto sensing option is great. It dumps the first wash water very quickly if it very soiled.

Miele, a better website which actually shows you the interior and distinguishing features between models on the shop page would be a big help. Basic stemware holders should be considered a standard inclusion on products in this price range.

Would I recommend it. Yes. Great for a family, or anyone who doesn’t need to wash fine stemware. If you do, get the next model.

Purchased at: Miele Online Shop

Comments
Miele Official

Thank you Rob for your feedback!

Balwyn, Victoria

• 8 comments
  • 26 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

Model: SC (White, Freestanding) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Quality at a good Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I'd done a lot of research before buying my Previous Miele dishwasher. That was in 2001. We needed to replace it URGENTLY in August this year. Purchased the current version and it fitted perfectly into the existing space. There are a few design changes. It does dry better and is quieter than the old model. The standard cutlery tray is excellent and the stacking very flexible. Good choice of programs and it does a great job. Recommended.
And we got it on discount :)

Purchased at: Miele Online Shop

Comments
Miele Official

Thank you for your feedback!

Bundaberg

Model: SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Absolutely excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I love this dishwasher. It cleans everything thoroughly. It is very very quiet, I had to check it was on when I first got it because it so quiet and I was used a loud machine. Easy clean and stylish. Couldn't be happier. When it eventually wears out in years to come, I will buy another one.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Miele Official

Thank you Hazel for taking the time to leave this feedback!

HORNET BANK

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Decent microwave for the size

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Its stylish and have awesome features also it has different kool modes for running the product it washes all the dishes really well with powerful water pressure modes in the dishwasher machine it runs quiet with a Stainless Steel style look I give it 5 stars for this product.

Comments
Miele Official

Thank you Leo for your feedback!

WULGULMERANG

Model: SC (White, Freestanding) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Entry level brilliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Owned this dishwasher for around 3 weeks and used multiple times per day ( we have 3 small kids). Fantastic build quality and cleans much better compared to any other make I've owned. The cutlery tray is so much easier to use than a basket and saves loads of space plus it's very quiet. This is effectively an entry level model but don't let that put you off - it may only have basic programs but they work superbly and frankly, we don't really need any more for our household - dinner parties aren't really an option right now....The timer is another bonus as we have low rate electricity at night. Very happy so far

Comments
Miele Official

Thank you for your feedback Bernie!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) Date Purchased: Mar 2011

Awful Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I have had several issues with my Miele dishwasher - upon contacting the company I have been told I am in to rural a location for them to assist me with servicing my dishwasher. To me I was happy to spend the extra money on a good quality appliance as it would last me longer in the end. This certainly has not been the case and my overall experience in dealing with Miele and the customer service I have received has been terrible. Not a happy customer at all Miele

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Miele Official

Hi Rebecca, we apologise for your experience. Miele has limited access to certain areas, but we can recommend depending on your area an authorized Miele service agent who can assist you with your m... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Model: SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Faultless so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

This dishwasher replaced a faulty Bosch. (Bosch later replaced it, after I'd already bought the Miele. It's now sitting unopened).
I'm so happy with the dishwasher. It is a great size internally & made even bigger with the separate cutlery tray, which leaves more room in the bottom rack for plates & pots.
I always use the hottest setting & everything comes out spotless - every time.
It's super quiet compared to other brands I've owned.
What I noticed especially when comparing this to other brands in the shop, was how effortlessly the drawers glide in & out. Wow - it's so awesome!
I have nothing bad to say about this at all. Also, I had a query about the water usage on our farm with iffy water pressure - the call centre staff member I spoke to was super knowledgeable & was an excellent help.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

• 1 answer

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: May 2018

Cleans well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I put I some really dirty dishes and in 1.5hrs my dishes were clean. I love of the auto where it sense how dirty the dishes to the program and like the trays for knife and forks. Ovsrall have been very pleased with it.

The shelves can be lower to add pots and pans.

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Stopped working after 7 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I bought mine last October and in May this year it began showing F87 error and while I was waiting for the warranty repair to come and fix it, which took two weeks, the whole front panel blacked out. Literally the guy had to replace the pump and the from panel. Since then he’s told me not to use Finish Quantum tablets cause they can cause the motor to go unless you wash on hot cycles.
Disappointed as I paid AUD1200 so I don’t have to worry about repairs and now I have a repaired dishwasher.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

moil

Model: SC (White, Freestanding) Date Purchased: May 2018

mum's best friend

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

an entry level model,love how this never fails to clean dushes and crockery thoroughly everytime...great in gettung rid of grease and odours...yet the eco mode is gentle enough to wash delicate dishware...its very quiet as well...i needed a replacement part and miele sent it out right away...best investment ever...thanks meile...

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Miele dish washer

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Cleaned the dishes and pans perfectly.
Has extremely long wash times. Even the economy wash seems to be on for ages.
I think the machine does a fantastic job but just takes such a very long time to finish a cycle.
My dishes are clean, no food deposits left anywhere.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Model: SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very quiet dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Never thought i could afford a Miele dishwasher but we got it at a meile factory outlet in Brisbane.
Holds a lot of dishes. Has a seperate cutlery tray so more plate space in the bottom tray. Supper quiet never bear it
. Would recommend you check out the factory outlet.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Model: SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Awesome need it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I haven’t had a dishwasher for about 20years so when it was time to purchase one a few friends recommended the Miele as the found them to be the best product. I love the cutlery tray as you just pick them out in straight into the draw. I am very happy with my machine.

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Nov 2013

So quiet, so very very quiet, that is one of its best features!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2018

Miele was recommended as the best on the market, so I replaced my old dishwasher with a Miele. Yes! definitely a wonderful product. So quiet, it is amazingly quiet.I wouldn't even know it was on and we sit around an island bench with the Miele washing dishes underneath, hushhhh. I have not had any trouble with it and it has done a lot of work now.
My visitors comment that it is a Miele and I always say: yes, I bought Miele because it is the best, having used 2 other brands prior, i could not recommend anything other than a Miele now I have one..

Perth

• 6 helpful votes

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Great dishwasher and as expected of a Miele product it is extremely well made and comes with piece of mind through warranty.

Bought on promotion so received cash back which helped lower the price

Easy to maintain, super quiet and economical.

Has many neat features and cleans the dishes very well.

• 2 helpful votes

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Jan 2010

This is perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Everyone said this product is good, so we set it up 8 years ago, and now we leave a review.
I tried every expensive product from cheap material but felt no big difference.
I have often seen a failure because the manual is a wheel, so I just pushed the power button and turned it on.
I'm sorry there are no temperature settings, but it doesn't feel that big. Quick wash dishes are finished in 20 minutes.

SYDNEY

• 2 helpful votes

Model: i (Integrated) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great Washing machine with any trouble

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

It takes around 1 hour to 1.5 hours depend son the settings
Very quite
Easy to use and haven't noticed any issues as yet.
I would highly recommend that.
his cleans up really well no mess of leftovers.very efficient
plenty of space for cutlers, wine glasses cups and plates and pots.

Melbourne, Vic

• 1 question

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

This dishwasher is great quality. It cleans the dishes really well and is also super quiet. I also really like the feature which gives you the ability to select what type of wash you want, ie quick wash or heavy duty wash for pots and pans etc. Although a bit pricey definitely worth it.

Wagga wagga

• 6 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Perfect, sparkling clean every time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

We have owned this dishwasher before in our previous house and it was perfect, we moved and put up with a horrible noisy dishwasher for 7 months. We bought another Miele, it’s so quiet and just solid, perfect wash every time and it has its own cutlery draw, so every item gets washed.

Model: SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) Date Purchased: May 2016

Does what it needs to do.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Cleans dishes very well however drying is a bit different - unless I open the door dishes don't really dry properly. Water droplets stay on some of the dishes because of the steam. So far this isn't really a problem as most the time I just time it so I can do the open the door once the cycle is finished (or I put it on delay start). It has lots of different cycles to choose from too and so quiet I have to double check I actually put it on. I love that it has a proper place for all individual pieces of cutlery rather than just the standard basket on the bottom shelf. It looks really good in the kitchen as well, very modern and sleek.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

1 of 4 pages

SC (White, Freestanding)

The Miele website says this dishwasher is 60cm deep (front to back) but the choice website and most appliance stores list it as 57cm deep. Can anyone confirm the true depth measurement?

TashaWhirl asked on Oct 01, 2018

Answer this

Hi Tasha, thanks for your question. We would recommend you go with what is stated on the Miele official website for the best reference. However, we also recommend that you confirm with the retailer if you choose to purchase this appliance your space limits at your home to ensure that the appliance fits correctly. Kind regards, Miele.

SC (White, Freestanding)

Has anyone had a Bosch would you recommend miele over Bosch my old dishwasher was a bosch?

Narelle asked on Jun 24, 2018

Answer this

I have had two Bosch as they were reasonable in price and had good reviews. However, both broke after two years … just out of warranty. Both good machines till they broke but unable to find anyone who knew why they broke. Last one broke last year and I handfill the machine with water through its cycles. As it is still a good machine when I do this, I had it repaired with official fixer (Mr Dishwasher - friendly chap). Day at home to be told it was a sensor, over $100 to fix. A week later, broken again, another $100, nothing wrong he could see... works ok on short cycle (ran it for 10 minutes...). Two weeks later it is broken again, still not rinsing, but it is unlikely to be fixed given my last two encounters. I will never buy a Bosch dishwasher again, so will try the dearer Miele. Waiting for a good price.

Thanks Bill.Appreciate you answering .
As my broke in April/May I had had enough of hand washing and did some research and ended up buying a Siemens comes with a 5 year warranty .looked at Miele unless you get top of the range I think they are pretty average.

SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under)

Does it have a rinse function?. I cannot seem to find any cycle shorter than 45 minutes.

Hoz asked on May 28, 2018

Answer this

I can't find a rinse only program on mine either.

It only has wash cycles unless you alter the shortest cycle and that will wash and rinse for about 45 minutes but will not dry. Hope this helps

See all 8 questions about Miele G 4203

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

SCU (Stainless Steel,Built-Under) SCi (Integrated, with Cutlery Tray) SC (White, Freestanding) i (Integrated)
Price (RRP) $1499 $1599 $1299
Width 600mm 600mm 600mm 600mm
Height 845mm 845mm 845mm 845mm
Depth 600mm 600mm 600mm 600mm
Water Rating 4stars 4stars 4stars 4stars
Energy Rating 3stars 3stars 3stars 3stars

The main difference between these models is material, inclusions