Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I purchased online. The illustration showed a full set of Winsor & Newton brushes, and the price for the set was very competitive. The ordering process was very smooth, and delivery was fast. However, just one brush arrived in the mail, not a set. When I contacted them, I was told that they made it clear in the text (which is way down the page, past all sorts of other pictures) that the illustration of the full brush set was purely for size-comparison purposes. The heading for the offering included three numbers - the brush set number (7), the brush size (0) and another number (1). I was supposed to realize that the number 1 indicated that I would be buying just one brush, rather than the set as illustrated. I did explain to them that to be transparent, there are much more effective ways of advising the consumer that the actual purchase is different to the illustration. Getting just one brush for $37.06 (including postage) was expensive. I could have had one sent to me from the UK for half that price, including shipping. I won't be back. Mighty Ape did offer a discount for a future purchase, but I found the prices of those brushes to be too high to begin with, so I won't be taking them up on their offer.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Geoff, I am very sorry for the disappointment caused here. We do our best to try and make our listings as clear as possible, and I can see that we do note specifically which brush is received in... read more »

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the trouble to reply. I agree that the required information was provided, just not at the point I needed it. Another site I looked at had a box alongside e... read more »

Excellent service and quick delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Purchased online. Great service and communication. Arrived quickly. Very happy with the whole process and will purchase will from here again

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We're so happy to have left a good impression and we look forward to your future orders :D! Hope you're having an awesome week.

nsw

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Rip off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

They sell used games for new game prices major rip off they do not tell you if the items are new or used they only thing the company has going for them is medium reply time form customer service.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Bobby, I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment here. All products shipped out from Mighty Ape are brand new and unused. We do not ship out used items. We do sell used items via our sec... read more »

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Started shopping with MightyApe about a year ago. The online store I was shopping at beforehand was a bit cheaper but were based overseas so postage took ages, no tracking and packages went missing to which I received poor service. Whilst looking for a new game provider I stumbled across MightyApe because of their wide range including my favourite genre, JRPGs. Their prices and range are better than any other Australian store I've seen. Delivery has always been very timely, usually dispatched the next day and doesn't take long to arrive. There was even an occasion that I ordered on a Friday and they kindly sent it the same day. Recently I ordered an item that was in stock with their supplier. A few days after the estimated date I thought I'd message them to check. Their replies are always super fast and friendly. The kept me regularly updated the entire time without me having to follow it up! That's the first time I've experienced that from a company :) They were trying their best but the supplier wasn't responding so after a while they helped me choose a different item, which was sent very quickly. It was the best customer service I've ever received and I feel confident knowing that if I have any queries it's easy to get in contact with their friendly staff. If I was to nit-pick anything I'd say perhaps postage costs. Postage costs are very reasonable if you're buying multiple items but if you only want one thing at a time then it adds up. I understand that by charging the same postage for all orders that it mighty even out their postage expenses but perhaps they could make it free if you spend over a certain amount or perhaps a rewards program instead. Not deducting any points as that's not a complaint, that would just be a cherry on top of an already great cake ;) Oh and they have AfterPay which is very convenient!

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thank you so much for the really wonderful feedback. I've shared this with our team as I know they will all really appreciate hearing your kind words. We try really hard to provide our customers wi... read more »

perth

• 2 helpful votes

Misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

I put in an order which was cancelled without any notifications to me. Lucky my friend had purchased at the same time and she forwarded me the email that she had received from Mighty Ape advising that her order had been cancelled.
The order was cancelled because apparently the product price had been input into the computer incorrectly. Once I had contacted Mighty Ape to see what had happened they offered me a $10 credit. I advised them that I had missed out on sale prices on another site and even on their own site because of this. They were not willing to give a similar product to me at their previously advertised price (which had only just gone off sale 1day prior). Not happy at all with their customer service and definitely didn't appreciate just having my order cancelled with no notifications, if it wasn't for my friend I would still be waiting for my order to be delivered. Would not recommend at all.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Beca. Again, we do apologise for the disappointment and frustration caused here. As explained previously, we did notify all customers of this cancellation, in addition to providing all customers... read more »

Such a wide range!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

I bought a PS4 game off these guys.
Such a good price and even though it came from New Zealand - it was delivered possibly quicker than if I purchased it within Australia! Well done guys!

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thanks a ton Rick! We're so glad to hear that this arrived with you so quickly, and we really appreciate the feedback :D

Verified Customer

Bought a Blackwidow V2 and it arrived within 4 business days!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Bought the Blackwidow Chroma V2 online on Saturday night and it was at my doorstep Thursday morning. It came from New Zealand and their tracking was great.
My only problem is that I wasn't given any tracking information until I contacted their support. As soon as I contacted their support though, I was given an apology and promptly sent all the information I needed.

I read some of the other reviews and was a bit worried that it wasn't going to go well, but I couldn't have asked for better.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thank you for the feedback Casey, we really appreciate it! We did have a small error last week resulting in some automatic shipping emails not going out, however, this has now been resolved so ther... read more »

Mostly good, with one negative.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

The first few orders i placed arrived swiftly, possibly the best online to door experience i've had in that regard, with prices varying from 'eh' to great. Only disappointment is that items go out of stock very frequently, especially during sales time. I work at a dispatch centre so i can sympathise with this, however i think its happened far too often, gotta drop a star.

Overall though Mighty Ape is good stuff, at least from an anime fan in Australia's perspective.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thanks for the feedback! We do our best to try and ensure we always have plenty of stock, especially for more popular items, however, if we do run out of stock, and if we're unable to order the ite... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

3 months and still waiting for order.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Placed and order in January and now it's may amd still haven't recieved it. Have sent multiple emails with same response. Will be here 3-4 weeks. Never shows up. They never email to explain why it was always up to me to email them. Very unprofessional don't bother with them. Buy from them if you can wait a year for your order to come in.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Fou, I'm really sorry to hear about this :( Could you please provide me with your order number so that I can look into this further for you and get a concrete answer, and so that I can follow up... read more »

Absolutely Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

This site is great, so happy I found it. Purchased my first two items off them and it was a good process.
First of all, they stock so many hobby items that are difficult to find elsewhere. They have great prices and discounts, my order was at my door 3 days after purchase. They even sent a voucher for a discount on my next purchase.
Really very little need to use Ebay or Amazon for hobby needs anymore. Will definitely continue to use MightyApe if they continue with their great service and prices.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thank you so much for the really wonderful feedback - we greatly appreciate it and we're so glad to be of service :) I've passed your feedback directly on to our Hobbies team as well, as they'll be... read more »

SPAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I used these guys once and have been bombarded with SPAM e-mails every day since! No matter how many times I unsubscribe, I can't get rid of it!

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Adrian, I am very sorry for any frustration caused here :( We do our best to try and ensure it's as easy as possible to unsubscribe from any unwanted emails - You can unsubscribe from our mailin... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Beware - items you think are in stock, aren't!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Ordered a book on 2nd March which showed it was in stock and would arrive about a week later. Just cancelled the order this week as the book has still not been received by their supplier - 6 weeks on. I can see where this is heading - the book is not available and they have my money. So cancelled the order. The service staff are polite and responsive, but very disorganised and ineffective, soothing but no answers to questions or commitment to delivery. I order tons of books from offshore and never have issues - will never use them again and don't waste your time - something not quite right here! They offered free shipping for the bad experience - why would I trust them again? And really free shipping - not good enough!

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Janice. I am very sorry for the disappointment and frustration caused here. Items that are in stock with us are shipped out immediately, either the day your order is placed, or on the following ... read more »

Thanks for your offer and explanation, unfortunately it is not good enough - I am not interested in dealing with Mighty Ape ever again. There are far better options and I have already purchased alternatives elsewhere.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Detective Pikachu Amiibo.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

The amiibo is fantastic, came securely, looks great, and has an awesome function for the Detective Pikachu game!
Just has the stinky plastic smell, it will go later.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear that this arrived safely and that you're enjoying the product :)

No problem, and thanks :)

paid price of a new product only to receive an used item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Disgusting. When I got the item, the original box was clearly opened and the product did not have any plastic wrapper as any logitech new product does! Gross, this price is a brand new product price! I will never purchase anything from Mighty Ape again.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

I am very sorry to hear about this :( Mighty Ape only stocks brand new products, so this definitely should not have happened. Could you please provide your order number so that we can look into thi... read more »

Lied about product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Will never use mighty ape again and certainly warn people about using them. Sending me an email and lying about not contacting them in time and cancelling the order disgusting I will be contacting the bank to make sure they try received no money thank you for showing my ten year old what a dodgy business looks like so unhappy

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Jacinta, I am sorry for any frustration caused here. I can assure you that we absolutely did send you an email about your order on the 20th of February - this email was to let you know that, sad... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 answer

2nd purchase from these guys and could not be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Got my chrome Darth Vader Funko pop online. Postage was super quick. Well packed and arrived in good condition. Was super easy online ordering. Will definately be back.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

We're so glad to hear about your positive experience Mark! Thanks for sharing with this and we look forward to providing you with more great experiences.

My third order arrived today, have nothing but great things to say about you guys.

Melbourne

Verified Customer

They don't have the stock they say they do

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I will not be buying from Mighty Ape ever again! I bought something for a first birthday present which the website told me was in stock and would be shipped within 3 days. Those three days passed and I waited an extra couple at which point I emailed them to ask when it would be shipped as it was a present. I was told they had moved warehouse and the stock was still in the warehouse and sorry for the delay. So I say ok I'll wait for it to be moved over as it was what the birthday boy wanted. It's now been 5 weeks and I have just received an email saying they are out of stock and the local supplier doesn't know when they'll get more. So I guess the sales rep who told me it was in the old warehouse just lied? Great way to do business guys.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Tiffany, I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience here :( We would love the chance to look into this further for you and see what we can do to make this up to you - would you be able to advise your order number?

My order number is 3157277.1 however I've already cancelled and asked for a refund. I've been given a free shipping code which to be honest is useless. Obviously I'm not going to order anything fro... read more »

Mighty Ape Official

Thank you for providing that information Tiffany. I can assure you that the information provided to you was correct. Unfortunately, we did have some items go missing in the move to our new warehous... read more »

Great Replacement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

They gave me a refund on my logitech g533 headset. The customer support was very useful and they did not hesitate to replace or refund my headset

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

We're happy to have been able to help out! Thanks for sharing your story and for the positive feedback. Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

Verified Customer

Good service, but some areas could use improvement

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I purchased some games and collectibles online from Mighty Ape and they were posted out quickly and arrived quickly. One of the games came with a cracked case and one of my collectibles came used with some kind of liquid spill on it. I was very shocked and disappointed at receiving an item that had clearly had something spilled on it but the rest of the items were perfect. So I contacted their customer service via email and sent them photos of the used and dirty item, and they immediately apologised and said they would send out a replacement and that I didn't need to bother returning the item because of the condition it arrived in. (I have not received the replacement yet as it has just been sent out, hopefully it will be in good new condition this time!!). So to summarise: their customer service is very good, but their quality control could use some work, as could their packaging for shipping. More bubble wrap please Mighty Ape. And check items over before sending them out!

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Sharna. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the feedback - we really do value this and we will do our best to improve on where we can :)! I am glad to hear that our Customer Services t... read more »

Auckland

Private message

I will never buy from Mighty ape again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

As far as I am concerned their customer service is terrible, I will never waste my time with them again.

Comments
Mighty Ape Official

Hi Steve, I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment here. I've reviewed this case and have sent you a further email as a follow up. As explained in my email, we are more than happy to offer ... read more »

My thoughts have softened somewhat, was contacted by the customer service manager (see above comment) and a soloution was reached which I believe to be fair. Thankyou Phillip

Mighty Ape Official

That's not a problem Steve. I am really glad that we were able to sort something out for you :)!

1 of 46 pages