Date Purchased: Sep 2016

A+++ Best learner scooter

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

We have two kids 3 and 4 years! This scooter has been the best scooter for them to learn on. The 3 wheels on it gives them both such control and confidence to learn at their own pace and speed. It's also built to a high quality. We highly recommend the micro. A+++

GOULBURN

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Scooter is good but fades easily

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

We have two of these scooters and while they are great and the kids love them I have found that they fade very quickly despite being put away out of sunlight after each use. My daughter has the red one and it's now pale pink, my son has the blue and it hasn't faded as bad though the black bar has faded a lot. I don't think it has affected the quality or the use but it is disappointing considering the cost of them.

Comments
Micro Scooters Official

Hi perkins4, Although all of our Micro scooter decks have been UV treated, unfortunately the Australasian climate can be incredibly harsh on the plastics and brighter colours can fade, even more so... read more »

Yes I love that you can replace the individual parts. My kids scooters are still in good condition so I haven't bothered to replace the faded parts at this stage. Thankyou for your reply.

Micro Scooters Official

You are welcome. Glad to hear they are still going strong. If ever you need any assistance or have questions or queries please don't hesitate to get in contact. You can send an email to [email protected] read more »

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good scooter . Dreadful customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

Inaccurate and deceptive video on how to replace the brake led to my sons scooter being broken/unusable. Inadequate customer service following this without even an offer to refund the part I purchased . Buyer beware of Micro. The scooters are good...till something goes wrong after which the customer service is terrible.

Comments
Micro Scooters Official

Thanks for pointing out the missing step in our video, we've since updated this with the extra instruction. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are disappointed you were let down by our teams help.

Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Still going strong after 3years but..

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Purchased for my sons second birthday, he is now 5.
He loves it and can go pretty fast on it. And it's very stable with the three wheel design.

He likes to flip it over and push it in front of himself on the front wheels which caused the front shield-plate to crack and brakes. Looks ugly, probably a few sharp edges but works fine.

We had a problem with the brake snapping off and had to replace it. Not too much of a pain if you are handy.

Also his rubber handles were yellow and now they are black. I've no idea why they are like this as friends scooters don't have the same issue.

Overall happy with purchase but some design tweaks could make it amazing

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

My childrens best friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2016

I have 2 mini micro scooters and all 3 of my children are now in love with them. They find them very easy to use and has helped my youngest with her balance immensly. The quality is excellent with my first purchase being 5 yrs ago. And its still like new. Go mirco scooters!

Holland park (Brisbane)

• 4 answers

Wish I'd found this earlier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2016

I got a mini micro and seat for my 18 mth old after doing some research.... Loves it.... Started with seat, moved onto scooter within a couple of months, but still asks to use the baby seat sometimes....he's a pro now at 23mths! Could have saved myself buying other rids in toys..... He would have been fine on this at 12 mths. Got a kickboard compact for me he loves riding together! I have been stopped by admiring parent or grand-ps in the park to ask about it so many times....

Ok till something breaks

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

We have had two mini micro scooters which are great for a while. However the brake has snapped off easily on both scooters requiring us to buy two replacement brakes. The rear wheel has worn down which we accept as part of normal wear and tear and we were happy to buy a new one. We have followed micro scooters own instruction video on YouTube but cannot get the rear wheel removed from either and have shredded the ends of Allen keys trying to undo the "loctite" mechanism. So now the ride is wobbly. For this money I would expect better and think from now on it would be better buying a cheaper scooter and replacing the whole thing for the cost of micro replacement parts.

Comments
Micro Scooters Official

Hi Bri, Sorry that you are having trouble with replacing the parts on the scooter - we have a two year warranty on all of our scooters, and repair agents nationwide, so if you'd like to get in tou... read more »

Perfect for all the kids.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

We love this in our house. A great scooter to learn on, my 2 year old loves it. It's fantastic, sturdy, light weight and easy to control. Lots of fun colours to choose from, something for everyone. And more importantly, top quality. I highly recommend the Mini Micro Scooter. ☺.

Melbourne

Private message

Best kid's scooter on the market.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2016

After seeing a friend's almost 2 year old mastering his MiniMicro I had to get one for my daughter the same age.

We're so impressed, it's made well, moves well while being sturdy.

She had mastered hers within weeks. She's now approaching her 4th birthday and it's still going strong.

The kids just love it to bits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

The grandkids just love it we have just brought another one so they Don't fight over it we have had the first one for 5 years and it's going strong all I have had to do is replace the back wheel as my grandson started doing wheels and put flat spots in it

5 years 2 kids and still going ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2016

Having been a 3rd birthday present from the grandparents I was shocked at how much they had spent... I have now learnt you get what you pay for!! The original owner is now 8 and after a replaced deck, the second owner is about to upgrade for his 6th birthday!

Best purchase ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2016

My kids have just loved their mini micro scooters. We bought one for our son when he turned 3 and he is about to turn 5 and is still happily riding it. They also built to last as the have been dropped off the deck ridden off curbs and into trees :-) Our next son is now trying to share the scooter :-)

Melbourne

Kids love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2016

A sturdy scooter which is safe & moves the kids keeping them active. The bright colours look great & are attractive to kids. We needed to replace back wheel & brake after 2 years with 1 toddler but it's going strong with the 2nd child. They are well worth the money

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2015

We bought it for my 3 years old daughter ! It is the best thing ever. She takes is everywhere with her and loves it. The scooter is just amazing. It is sturdy and well made. Amazing product and highly recommended. After seeing her ride in it I am happy that I didn't but the cheap ones as she is quite 'rough' with it. Thank you.

Purchased at: David Jones

Cracked & faded

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

My kids enjoy the Mini Micro Scooter. However the plastic is NOT durable, especially in sunny conditions. Our scooter has totally cracked through in multiple places. Not very good considering the price you pay. You think they'd use a plastic or product that could withstand the sun?

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Brilliant! Worth EVERY cent!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2015

We bought this as a Christmas gift for our 2.5yr old. He turns three this week and it goes EVERYWHERE with him! My husband and I are so impressed with his balance and how quick he's picked up the required skills. Recommend this scooter to all our friends! Love it!

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2015

We bought this for our sons 2nd bday. He has been riding for about 3 months now. The scooter is sturdy and well made. We can't believe how fast he goes on it! It's easy to balance on. We want to buy the adult one to keep up with him!! Highly recommend.

Newtown, VIC

• 11 answers
  • 42 helpful votes
Private message

Much better than our last scooter

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2015

I had bought a $30 scooter and my son would ride past two houses and no more. After recommendations about the Mini Micro I decided to spend the extra money on one (and then on my daughter too). We are now always going to parks or schools where the kids can ride their scooters. They just love it. Easy to carry around, it does have a slight turn which my daughter struggles with but she is only 2.5 yo so she will adjust. Overall very happy with our two purchases of the mini micros.

• 1 review

Worth every penny

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2014

Easy for my son to ride, still in excellent condition after 2 years use. Have bought cheap ones,they fall apart after a few months!!!

Purchased at: Rebel Sport

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Similar experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2014

The plastic on my 3 year old's mini micro scooter cracked as well. It is not left in the sun or rain and always put away as soon as it is not being used. Was disappointed!

Comments
Micro Scooters Official

Hi Kathy,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had an issue with your sons scooter. Can you please email me at [email protected] with a few photos of the damage?
Kind regards,
Jonathan

1 of 5 pages

Would you recommend a mini micro deluxe or sporty edition for a small 3 yo? does the sport edition have an adjustable handlebar?

Jasmine asked on Dec 09, 2016

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your question.

For a small 3 year old out of the two options I would recommend the mini micro deluxe.

The adjustable handle bars give it a longer life cycle so that as he grows the height can be set to the perfect level.

The mini micro deluxe also has a silicon injected deck providing slightly more grip in comparison to the sporty.

The sporty also does not have the adjustable handle bars.

Hope that helps but any other question you may have please let me know at [email protected]

Regards.

Rob.
Customer Service Representative.

Hello. I am about to buy a scooter for my son. He is 2.5 and tall (97cm). Would you recommend the mini micro or the mini micro delux? He has never used a scooter before. Thank you

vegemite_sal asked on Nov 28, 2016

Answer this

We have the mini micro, delux wasn't available when I got mine. My son is 2.5 too now. I think the delux folds, but the Std clips apart easily anyway.

My son is short so the standard is fine for him even now at 5.
But I think for a tall child the adjustable stem would be great.

Hi, thanks for your question.
Both the mini micro and the mini micro deluxe have a maximum handle bar height of 67cm and is recommended for children up to 110cm high.
The deluxe does have the ability to adjust the handle bar height as opposed the to mini micro so is great for growing children.
The deluxe also has a silicon injected deck which provides slighlty more grip and has an anodised metallic finish.
Both scooters use a lean to steer function which is a great way to develop balance and motor skills, and have high quality non marking polyurethane wheels.
They are both extremely light at 1.9kg so are perfect for the novice user to easily maneuver around.
With him being this height he may not need the adjustable handlebars, however the deluxe does give you the added features as mentioned above.
Hope that helps.
Rob.

HI, I just bought the Micro Mini for my daughter's 2nd birthday. As soon as it arrived, I noticed it is being discontinued in favor of the Micro Mini Deluxe. Was wondering what model I should give her knowing I would now need to pay return shipping on Micro Mini Original

Messy asked on May 26, 2016

Answer this

I'm not sure Messy, I'm very happy with the original mini micro. I'd get in contact with Micro, their customer service is wonderful.

Hi Messy,

The Mini Micro Original isn't being discontinued, we're just offering different options for different users. The Mini Micro Original is still an award winning classic, and one of our favourites. We're not going to be getting rid of it any time soon, so please be assured if you're still wanting to go with the original, you're getting an excellent scooter :) If you did want to chat about exchanges please email us on [email protected]

Product Details