Review rating:
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2015

Signed up with Mint Telecom because the salesman told me it was $99 plus delivery to set it all up which included the modem and running a new phone line from the box outside to the inside of the house, then I was told it would cost an extra $350 to run the phone line. I cancelled the service because if they can't even get it right from the beginning what will it be like when I'm signed into a contract.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi David, we're sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Unfortunately sales people in the field don't have full access to network infrastructure information - that is why we check... read more »

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018

Hi Hydraflexx,
Sorry to hear about your problems. We don't offer any mobile backups, albeit you can set these items up yourself - it just depends on what the impact is if there is no internet. I.e. a business should have redundancy in place whereas a consumer may or may not require.
In general, once connected, the NBN network is quite reliable and outages to the extent you are advising are quite rare in our experience.
Cheers Michael

Hey i'm with Optus trying to fight my way out of our contract due to really slow speeds with nbn fixed wireless (we get around 4mbps download and 4mbps upload when we are paying for 25/5) I am wondering if i was to choose a small company like mint and no one within my area is with mint (everyone is with optus) would my speeds be better?

Jet L asked on Dec 23, 2017

Hi Jet,
We set our products up to work so would expect a much better performance.
That said, if there is a capacity problem on the tower the performance won't change no matter which provider you choose.
We'll definitely be easier to deal with to work that out though and per above, if you can't get the speed we'll be working with you to log a fault to Nbn Co to fix for you.
Cheers
Michael

Hi Jet,
You may be interested in looking at discussions on Whirlpool :-
Whilst the following discussion concerns Aussie Broadband the details about NBN FW problems make interesting reading. But basically speed comes down to two things, the NB congestion as Michael mentions, or the backhaul of the ISP or both if your unlucky. Have you checked your modem to see what the attainable speed is?
SImon

How can I get on this? Am on the Gold Coast. The provider I have was good but now its like dial up to get onto anything. Am 80. Mainly use for emails and facebook to keep in touch with family.

Pamsiwamsie asked on Nov 05, 2017

Hi Pamsiwamsie,
Thanks for considering us. To sign up or if you want to discuss further, just give us a call on 1300586468.
Cheers
Michael

Michael of Mint Telecom has given you their number 1300 586 468 which is at local call cost. They have email admin@minttelecom.net.au They answer calls promptly by staff who are very knowledgeable. I am an 81 year old very happy with their service. Hope it all goes well for you.

Thankyou.