Filter By:
  • 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Dont bother with the big ones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Like Bunnings and Harvey Norman, the big companies waste your time and rip you off. Mint is small and gets on with the job. It DOES the job. Not like Optus and Telstra.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Joz, We definitely like to think of ourselves a little like the microbrew beer industry. There are always the giants, but there is also a lot of options within the smaller players to suit all ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Outstanding product and customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Having switched to Mint from another provider almost a year ago we have been blown away by the customer service and product that they supply! Sign on process was very easy and with a preconfigured modem delivered to our door, getting online was a breeze! Couldn't rate them more highly and would recommend them to anyone, being locally owned and operated is also a plus!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi AndyP, Great to hear that not only the process of getting onboard was fine but that 1 year on everything continues to work as we both expect it to. Whilst we operate nationally, we are proud Tas... read more »

Deliver on their promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

We've been with MINT for over six months now.
The things that stand out .......
Exemplary customer service - I wish these guys would publish their training manual for others to follow...just an amazing level of care...minimal waits if any...friendly, fast and easy to communicate with.
EFFICIENCY - everything has been dealt with/delivered promptly. I reported a line fault on a Sunday and it was fixed Monday morning!
HONESTY - my previous ISP (and others) tried to sell me speeds that, by NBN Co's own reckoning, weren't achievable in our area! MINT straight up recommended I buy a cheaper package until better speeds become available. .."after all upgrading is easier than downgrading"
I don't write many reviews but feel compelled to spread the word that I have finally found the perfect telco.
Get on board! You wont regret it.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Dayle, I'm not so sure we'd want to share our secret sauce! Although, in our view it's all about operating from Hobart and having very experienced staff - and it's very pleasing to hear that res... read more »

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Perfect internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Got nbn now through mint telecom, initial setup easy as with mint, nbn set up great also, reliable connection finally . Had problems with getting connect on modem (my end) rang mint and they helped with setting my acc up with no drama. Highly recommend mint

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nico,
Great to hear the onboarding was simple and that we could fix the minor issue for you quickly.
Also really pleased the service is working as we both expect it to.
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Just been set up recently the speed is fast and the service has been impeccable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I'm really satisfied with my service thus far I am not certain how you could improve it. Speed the fast connection was easy

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Brad,
Great to hear that feedback, it's exactly what we aim to deliver as we want the process to be as simple and seamless as possible.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

I'd say worth the wait, but there was no wait!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

After hearing about Mint via an friend on Facebook who had their internet disrupted and somehow got an answer to why in less than 2 minutes I was shocked, I though "no way is there an ISP that can provide that level of service to their customers. Then I learnt that Mint was bassed in Hobart, in Tasmania, and I live up on the north west coast. I immediately started talking to Mint about fees and issues changing to them, and after about 3 weeks of thinking about it, I bit the bullet, not only am I paying almost half of what I was paying with iPrimus, it was 3 days for the internet to be switched over and 2 days for modem delivery. The modem (I paid $50 extra for an upgrade so when we get NBN in October we are set.) Is definately worth it.
When I called Kelvin he got all my details from our Facebook chat so I didn't have to repeat them, signing up took all but 10 minutes, they have a fantastic rewards program, especially for us as we cruise almost once a year when we can.
I could not recommend Mint anymore than I am. When we get NBN in October, I'll be even happier.
I think I've found my ISP for life.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ryan, Great to hear the onboarding process was as smooth as we expect and that you have really noticed the difference our focus on service can make. The rewards program is also awesome, we are v... read more »

Exellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

The quality of customer service I find to be extremely high, and very responsive. This is my first exposure to NBN / VDSL and so far it is proving very pleasing. Too early to tell if there will be dropouts, etc but I understand that much / all of this is at the door of NBNco anyway unlike in ADSL days where there was often significant control and ownership of hardware at the exchanges, by the ISPs.
Setup process from initial inquiry to up-and-running very smooth and the NBNco tech was also very efficient. Mint was recommended by a friend and I have no hesitation in recommending others.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Denis, In general NBN is far better than a lot of the media it receives. It is important to do some research and it is also one of those products where cheaper is rarely better. Great to hear a... read more »

Hobart

• 1 comment
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Outstanding. Best ever support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

We have had wonderful service ever since connecting. There have been a couple of minor dropouts over the past year but in each case they turned out to be NBN trunk issues. I think I have contacted them 4 or 5 times with queries and each time there was an immediate response via the live chat online, with complete resolution to my satisfaction. The fact that they are local in Tasmania is a huge bonus.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Simon, Our live online chat is certainly popular and makes it nice and easy to reach us. Also its always great to hear our operations out of Hobart is appreciated, whilst we operate nationally w... read more »

Very Pleased. Fast and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

We decided to go with Mint Telecom even though it was a little more expensive than the big companies because the reviews were just about all excellent. We were frustrated with our original provider due to poor service. Also we live in Tasmania and wanted to support our local company. We are in a rural area and changed to Mint when we got NBN (FTTN).

The difference for us from the previous provider and ADSL is phenomenal. Previously there were regular dropouts, slow response times from them and recently their phone help was non-existent, just a call centre treating me like I was unintelligent.... With Mint we have had ongoing customer service of a high standard (thank you Kelvin) plus, most importantly, high speed continual streaming. I have waited for 6 weeks before giving our feedback just to be sure that the first flush of joy and success would continue and YES it has!

I watched the FIFA World Cup through SBS on demand with no dropouts or poor images, Netflix loads so fast and Youtube too. Even at the popular times like Friday and Saturday nights my speed does not change. We can have more than one device using the NBN at the same time and it still runs swiftly.

The set-up was easy and quick, within days of signing up we were linked to NBN and on the day and time they said. The modem was sent to our home and as it was FTTN I just had to connect it up for immediate access. Since then we have enjoyed continual fast use with no problems.

Any and every contact that I have had with Mint has been instant, they respond immediately, and they answer my questions fully. We are so glad to have moved to Mint, and expect to renew our contract every 6 months into the future.

To sum up - SUPER FAST SPEED
- NO DROPOUTS
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Thank you Mint for a pain free easy process and internet service - 5 stars *

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Judith, That's a pretty comprehensive review and awesome feedback for us and for Kelvin. Really pleased to hear its working exactly as we both expect and that our strong focus on service is shi... read more »

Hi Michael I wanted to give as much info as possible as that is what helped me when reading other people's reviews. Connection, ongoing service and customer support are the main questions we have a... read more »

Six Star Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Moved across to Mint about 6 months ago from an extinct flightless bird, and whilst my previous ISP's service was reasonable, Mint is in a league of their own!

From the day I decided to make the move, the dealings with Michael and his team at Mint has been nothing but smooth sailing. Recently I noticed some dropouts in my ADSL2 service (NBN is still a dream 2 years away) and before I had a chance to contact them, I surprisingly received a call from their Tasmanian-based Technical team advising that they had picked up a problem on their end. Impressive to say the least!! Whilst I am reasonably IT savvy, we worked together (including emails over the weekend) to isolate the issue to some equipment problem on my side.

The only regret I have is not moving across to Mint much earlier ....and not having NBN :-)

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Geoff, We monitor drop outs on our customer base on a daily basis so that when we identify a potential problem we are able to get in front of it to try to fix as quickly as possible. These days... read more »

Fantastic proactive service from start to finish - Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

We used Mint when we went to the NBN. From our first contact they have been amazing. We have had 2 problems (not their fault), and before we could even raise them with Mint they had proactively flagged the issues and got it fixed. Absolutely 5 stars. So quick to reply, so easy to deal with, even made suggestions that saved us money on our plan. Cannot recommend Mint highly enough!!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi TomGong, One of our points of difference is our proactive approach to reviewing issues. Where we notice a service that may not be working quite right (we monitor daily) we will shoot you an ema... read more »

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

First rate service - Other ISPs should send their staff to Mint Telecom for training

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

Moving to a beach house in a rural area with limited access on the NSW South Coast, Telstra owns all the infrastructure there - no Optus or TPG alternatives. Telstra wouldn't tell me what level of service they could provide unless I opened an account with them first. No thank you - I have no faith or trust in Telstra. So I checked this website and found Mint. They were just fantastic. Their call centre is in Hobart so no foreign accents on dodgy lines and long queues - they answered straight away and in language I could understand. They explained the situation that only ADSL ports were available at the exchange and answered in plain language all my questions. They didn't promise anything they couldn't deliver and were completely honest with me about what I could expect given the lack of ADSL2 ports at the exchange, the fact that NBN is 9 months away at this location and that Telstra would not be upgrading or expanding their infrastructure there to provide more ADSL2 ports. So I signed up at 10.00am on 24 July. The phone line at the house was activated and the modem was delivered the next morning (remember this is a rural area) and that afternoon I was on line - ie only 30 hours from opening my account with Mint. I wasn't sure how to set up the modem but the guy at their call centre answered the phone straight away (absolutely no waiting) and talked me through it in a couple of minutes. The service works perfectly - no dropouts and I was able to watch ABCiView that same night. I cannot recommend their service highly enough. I didn't know companies that provided this level of service still existed. Long may they prosper.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Doug, Thanks for the great review. We do think our years of experience in the industry makes a difference and you have articulated that difference very well indeed. We don't make promises on th... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Simply wonderful to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Just a great experience dealing with Mint. Friendly and very helpful staff - and not pushy. Had an issue which was my fault and they fixed it in no time at all. NBN speeds match what I was promised, easy and quick set up, hasn't missed a beat. Love the post connect contact to see how everything was going. Would recommend to anyone wanting a reliable and stress free provider.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi JohnG,
Great to hear our service out of Hobart is making all the difference and that the product is working as we both expect it to.
Thank you for the recommendation and for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Excellent communication, seamless transfer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

The service I received from Mint Telecom was faultless. Communication throughout the transfer from my existing provider was excellent, and the switch over was seamless. Little touches like SMS notifications of emails to ensure they were received were really helpful.
Could not recommended them any higher.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lap, We work really hard on our onboarding process to make it as simple as possible. Fully preconfigured modems so you just have to plug them in, emails and/or SMS updates all along the way to k... read more »

Exceptional Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

We connected to the NBN (FTtN) through our existing ISP as soon as it was available. From the first day we experienced significant line stability issues and could not access the speeds we had signed up and were contracted to. It was only then we discovered our ISP had been bought out by a multinational company and no longer provided the customer service we had been used to in the past. After 6 long months of trying to resolve our NBN connection issues, and only after involvement from the Telecommunications Ombudsman we were finally released from our contract. On the hunt for a new ISP multiple friends suggested we try MINT, and given it was a business local to us we decided to give them a go. From our initial contact with MINT over 12-months ago, all of their Customer Care and Support staff have been extremely helpful and prompt in any action required. They have proactively and progressively worked through our line stability/speed issues. Don't look any further for a NBN service provider with exceptional customer service!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Liv, Bigger is certainly not always better! With Mint you get a very experienced team that cares and it looks like that has shone through, so is really pleasing to see. Thanks for making the ti... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Superb Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Having a new home, I had issues connecting to the NBN, Major companies were of no support and NBN Co themselves were not of any help. They simply pointed me to another direction and was going around in circles.

A friend recommend Mint Telecom and they helped me get connected without a single hassle.

Recently I had a another issue with NBN Co with a water leak from a conduit pipe due to a problematic NBN pit that was draining to my house instead of storm water(!), which month after month was going nowhere.

Approached Mint telecom (which I should have earlier!) and looks like things are on track in a timely manner!

Min Telecom is a sterling example of where smaller companies can make a difference and treat customers like people.

Well done.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Daniel, We definitely focus on our service and our products, so awesome to hear that resonate through in your feedback. NBN can be more complicated than it needs to be at times but that is where... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Awesome customer service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We had issues connecting to an old nbn connection but the team at mint sorted it out straight away. They walked us through setting up our own modem/router and stayed on the line till the job was done. Now seamless fast unlimited access. Just fabulous. Couldn't be happier. 5 stars for Mint!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rocket, Great to hear our onboarding process worked really efficiently for you and that we also managed to get your own router all setup and operating. Our modems are plug and play, but we are a... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Sensational - these guys actually go above and beyond when it comes to customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

After having recently spent over 2hrs on Telstra Live Chat trying to establish why my FTTN service was so crap, and getting precisely nowhere but being passed from one "Customer Service" person to another, I decided enough was enough and searched the reviews for a new ISP. Mint was rated very highly for customer service, and being based in Hobart I thought I would support the local team and give them a go. The result is a) my internet speeds are twice what they were before I signed up, due to being given really sound practical advice from Kelvin at Mint, and b) I have a good understanding of what speed I can actually achieve at my house given that I'm apparently over 1km from the node, and c) my dislike for Malcolm Turnbull has intensified somewhat.
Very pleased to have discovered Mint - they deserve to do well.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Craig, Awesome to hear we helped point you in the right direction to fix your problem. Its never good when internet is bad or slow, but it's so much more frustrating when you don't know why or ... read more »

Clarendon Vale, TAS

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Easily the best ISP I've ever dealt with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

I've worked at ISPs before, so I know how hard it can be.. Whenever I've had an issue, Mint Telecom have been on it within minutes, even on Sundays. 100% satisfaction from a very picky internet user.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Bob, Whilst the call centre is not open weekends we do support customers out of hours via email, Facebook private message and also voicemails. If we're awake we are generally available to help!... read more »

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Top quality service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I seemed to only hear bad stories about connecting to the NBN, so dreaded having to make the move. I chose Mint based on the reviews and wasn't in any way disappointed. Prior to the changeover, all of my emailed questions were answered promptly and fully. Phone communication was also not a problem. Being able to deal directly with staff here in Australia and not in an overseas call centre was very important to me, and when an unusual glitch occurred with the phone connection the matter was dealt with and sorted very effectively and efficiently. I will have no hesitation in recommending this company as a telco / internet provider. Definitely five stars!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ian, NBN certainly isn't as bad as a lot of the media reports. Sure, there are some problems from time to time as with any service, but the key is dealing with a provider that can help navigate... read more »

1 of 12 pages