Review rating:
Selected rating: Excellent
Filter By:

Excellent Service from Mint Telecom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

We are NBN connected with Mint Telecom. We were very impressed with the service afforded to us from Mint. Thank you Courtney. Nothing was too much trouble and we appreciated your patience We are very happy and it was a great decision to change to Mint..

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sue, Operating from Hobart we do think our service proposition is a little different to some others and is certainly something we are very proud of. Great to hear its all working well for you. T... read more »

Blackmans Bay, TAS

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Solid internet service with proactive customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Using NBN service for over a year.

Pricing and packages great and only 6mth initial contract term.

Great communication throughout the setup process, which was completed quickly and without issue.

Had started experiencing dropouts at one point (fault of old hardware at my end) and, before taking any action myself, was contacted by Kelvin who had noticed in the interrupted service and provided troubleshooting advice.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rob, Great to hear its all working well. And yes, we are a little different to most in that we proactively review how services are performing and if we see drops we shoot you a note to check i... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Reliablity, Quality and Support- Thats what you get from Mint

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

When it comes to internet services, a customer will generally think about the big giant telecomms like Telstra, Optus, TPG, iiNet etc. A few problems with these giants are:

1. They are either expensive (E.G. Telstra - good customer service but most expensive) or,
2. They provide limited/restricted bandwidth (if not expensive) or,
3. Their customer service is poor or,
4. They do not provide the service that they promise/offered (dishonesty)

and most importantly,
5. On the off chance that you stall out amid the weekends/holidays, if your connection drops out or internet service disrupted, then you are totally DOOMED. Nobody is there to help you out.

Thinking about all the above situations, in the event that you need a dependable, fair, quality administration in a sensible cost and if you need some person to help you whenever you stall out, and on the off chance that you don't need any of the previously mentioned occurrences transpire, at that point the main decision would be Mint Telecomm. That is all I can tell about them.

I have taken ADSL from them. Now I've taken NBN (FTTP) service from them. Simply awesome .. as always !!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mic, Thanks for the comprehensive review! We do work hard on making sure our products do what they are meant to and obviously we think operating out of Hobart makes a big difference with our su... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Quick & customer focussed NBN connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

I am now NBN connected with Mint Telecom…yeah!! It only took Mint 1 week compared to no service at all after 13 weeks with Telstra. Thank you so much for your great service …it was with Daniel’s assistance that this connection was smooth! I have highly recommended both Mint & Daniel to all my friends & colleagues!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi HJX, Not sure why it took Telstra 13 weeks to achieve nothing.... But glad to hear we got it all fixed in 1 week. We do have a lot more experience than a typical telstra rep and as you have evid... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

NBN coverage for home. Reliable service and only made a couple of phone calls early on to set up connection and with adding phone service. I love that I speak to a local and they understand my problem and are able to help immediately! You rarely get personal service like that from an internet service provider!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sharon, You only ever speak to us in Hobart, so definitely local and definitely years of experience to make sure we deliver a product that works and that we can quickly help when problems arise.... read more »

Verified Customer

Thanks Mint Telecom!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

My connection is NBN Nude, and it is a strong, reliable connection, even though my property is an hour and a bit's drive out of the city of Hobart. The set up process was easy, fast and efficient. And no one does better customer service better than Mint. They listen to me, provide me with options, and are fast to take the action required. This week I had a problem with visitors guzzling my internet and needed to change my plan fast. Within 15 minutes problem sovled! Thanks Mint!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Karen, Great to hear your connection is working really well, we do setup the parts within our control to work as they should. We also like to ensure our customers are on the plan that suits the... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer

Amazing, professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Mint Telecom have far exceeded my expectations. They are quick to respond to phone calls or enquiries via email. From initial contact to installation of the NBN everything was streamlined and fuss-free. They are very affordable - and do what they say. They are based in Australia so no confusion when talking to them. Customer focus is uppermost in their minds and they make you feel like a person not a number.
I cannot sing their praises highly enough - we need more companies like Mint who never leave a bad taste in your mouth. A refreshing company for changing times.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Liss, We're definitely based in Australia, even if sometimes little ole Tassie is left off the map! Glad to hear you appreciate our focus on processes to make onboarding as effortless as possibl... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Stan is great very happy with the movies and the customer support I received was excellent ,can't complain.
Thanks heaps to the team.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lil,
We do pride ourselves on our customer service out of Hobart so great to hear you appreciate it.
Thanks for providing the feedback, its much appreciated.
Michael

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Signed up!!! Thank you Mint Telecome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Awesome service from Kelvin thank you so much the online chat was great and your answers were clear and straight to the point. Looking forward to receiving my modem in the posting thank you.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kat,
Online chat is really convenient and we use it a lot. We're looking forward to getting you up and running.
Thanks for the review.

Hobart

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

A breath of fresh air

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

What a breath of fresh air! The Mint Telecom team listened to the issues we experienced with our previous ISP and resolved them swiftly and professionally. We now enjoy efficient, competitive, customer-focussed service that is unparalleled in the market. Shop local – beyond comparison for quality of service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Katinka, We do pride ourselves on our experience and ability to work with our customers to fix problems as or if they arise. Really pleased to hear that this resonated through to you and you a... read more »

Rokeby

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

241Rewards program not a gimmick!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I have been with Mint for over a year now. When signing up the 241Rewards program was mentioned and I thought, oh yeah, it's just a gimmick and I won't be using that. On receiving a call from them during the year asking if I was going to use my rewards to go on a cruise, (or something else) from a very nice, respectful and not pushy salesperson, I went ahead with it. I was surprised at the price. It is literally two fares for the price of one. My first cruise, I took my twin sister with me for our birthday and we had a ball!!! I have paid for another year subscription and will be making use of the other rewards, definately. Thank you, Mint Telecom

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Chez, Your experience is definitely not uncommon. Something for free (as we provide new customers with 12 months complimentary access) is always viewed with a high degree of scepticism. As telc... read more »

KANIVA

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Note to Telstra.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

After being with a rural Internet provider I was forced to find a new one. While looking at the big name providers I discovered Mint Telecom. after looking at the reviews I decided to give them a try. One phone call and it was transferred. Done. I had been 'negotiating' with Telstra about getting the account details changed on my land lines for over a month and still didn't have it sorted. SO, I shifted my landline to Mint Telecom as well. ONE phone call and it happened. Also got the bundle plan which meant it was not allot dearer.

When I first signed up the Representative told me about the 2 for 1 rewards program. said I wasn't interested and figured they charge you twice as much for the first fare so they can give you the second for free. We were planning a cruise, and just for the heck of it I decided to go on-line and prove my theory correct. Much to my surprise I was wrong. We have been able to book a cruise that is considerably cheaper than we could find the same or equivalent anywhere else!! This will pay for my phone accounts for about the next 10 years.
Have to be happy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jack, We work really hard to make the on boarding process as simple and as efficient as possible, so really pleased to hear that was what you experienced. Mostly though, it's great to hear th... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Outstanding Service and very fast reliable Internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

NBN Internet Wired
Speed 50/20
Extremely reliable connection - Outages were easily resolved and No disconnection issues that were the fault of Mint Telecom.
I was originally on 100/50 but Mint suggested 50/20 as my needs didn't require the higher speed. They focus on the customer and not the bottom profit which is extremely nice to see in a telecommunications company.

Extremely satisfied with Mint Telecom. I have been with them for nearly 2 years and would highly recommend them to any friends or family. They are easily to communicate with, based in Hobart Tasmania and have only Local Support. You will either speak with the Owner of the company of a few local staff who know who you are each time you speak with them. I never needed to answer a heap of questions, they knew my voice, after speaking with them for changes to my account.
They are easily contactable via Facebook as well and will answer normally with in a couple minutes.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi T&Nash,
Operating out of Hobart is definitely our biggest point of difference (that and our years of experience in the industry).
Glad to hear everything is working well and really appreciate the feedback and support.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Exceed expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

A little issue with my initial setup but Michael’s support was solid. Was not expecting such good support from a telco. Once connected everything is a bliss. It did disconnect momentarily once in the last 30 days since activation but otherwise the speed is excellent (25/5). I used the service to connect my security system, so far so good. Highly recommended

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lester,
We are quite persistent and will keep working to get things fixed, albeit that does require patience from both sides as tech problems are always frustrating.
Glad to hear it's all going well and appreciate your feedback.

Hobart

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

All went smoothly and on time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Mint preconfigured my modem which arrived a couple of days before the nbn appointment. The nbn technician arrived on time and was done in less than half an hour. Plugged the modem in and worked immediately. Mint had sent me precise instructions for connecting the landline and once again all went smoothly. As a non techie it was so easy. The feel good factor is that I am supporting a Tassie company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi MAJ, If you're not very techie our modems are always the best bet, as not only do they arrive pre-configured but we are also more familiar with our modems than other models. Glad to hear the ini... read more »

• 1 answer

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The no brainer for Tasmanians.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Excellent and quick customer service from Gerald and Michael. Consistent & steady speed on speedtest.net. It should be the go to choice for Taswegians, not only for the reasons above but to support our locals businesses.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Simon,
Definitely appreciate the support and parochialism! We're certainly proud to operate out of Hobart even though we do provide services nationally.
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mint Telecom was an absolute life saver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Came to a Mint because of Michael (I read all
his responses below lol to questions from customers which seemed helpful) and also thanks to recommendations by others on this site.
Will stay due to simply awesome service delivery and the entire customer service team. Super reliable. No dropouts. Customer Service is straight up fast and awesome, all Australians on phone that you can actually understand. There one mission is make sure you have NBN working as well as it can for you.
Some hassels getting connected - not Mints fault - Mint sorted very very quickly and kicked NBN Co in the pants for me.
I also bought a crazy modem (D-Link 5300 Cobra) and even though it was only out on the market for 2 weeks, they researched it and helped with all settings .

Definitely chose Mint.

Oh!!! They also don’t over sell and congest.

Thanks guys!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Colette, Glad I helped a little in the process! Very frustrating for all of us when NBN Co don't install correctly, but we are very persistent and will keep chasing them until it is fixed. W... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Exceptional customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Changing to Mint was a certain as soon as Telstra decided to admit they couldn’t meet the speeds they promised in my contract! Their service has been exceptional. They discussed my requirements before I connected, reviewed my usage and what devices I would be running at any particular time and directed me to the best plan to suit my requirements. Connection time was excellent, no waiting for weeks for a rep to get in touch and visit! Everything was up and running in less than 24hrs from my first initial contact – new modem delivered and everything! Process was simple, done within a few hours and over the phone! I had a couple of queries with modem set up and they were more than helpful, contacting me as to when was convenient to chat and they even allowed me to pop down the phone while I attended my baby, they made sure everything was up and running before finalising the call! They even followed up the next today to ensure things were still on track and to my expectation! Highly recommend Mint to anyone wanting to look for a new NBN provider! They are honest and only sign you up for what you need! Support a local!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kristie, Unlike some other providers that have been in the news of late for signing customers to speeds they can't get, we always review what speed estimate a customer can get before we connect ... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Decided to contact Mint based on the reviews. So pleased I did! Very helpful from the first phone call, happy to answer all of my questions, not matter how trivial they were. Followed up on a query too. Very good contact, advising what was going to happen when. Connection occurred quickly and on time. Excellent customer focus and service. Well done team. Congratulations and keep it up.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi GD,
Thanks for the great review! As you've experienced we focus very hard on our service and making sure our onboarding experience is as simple as we can possibly make it.
Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated.

Brisbane

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

The CEO and Staff at Mint Telecom are incredibly focused on Customer Service.
They have been helpful, patient, supportive, honest and technically competent, without fault.

The copper connection to the house has been a 'basket case' for nearly two decades and it was recommended that the F.T.T.N. 'switch-over' start on the 12/1 package to see how it goes.

When there's little congestion, speeds are approximately 11/1. Three times faster than with ADSL 2+, and about the best achievable at present.

What more could anybody ask for in a supplier?

P.S. They're an Australian Company, where staff are based, and work, in Australia.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi William, We do work very hard on our service and making sure our products work. Glad to hear yours is all setup and running and whilst we'd all love it to be faster, we can have some comfort tha... read more »

1 of 9 pages

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018

Hi Hydraflexx,
Sorry to hear about your problems. We don't offer any mobile backups, albeit you can set these items up yourself - it just depends on what the impact is if there is no internet. I.e. a business should have redundancy in place whereas a consumer may or may not require.
In general, once connected, the NBN network is quite reliable and outages to the extent you are advising are quite rare in our experience.
Cheers Michael

Hey i'm with Optus trying to fight my way out of our contract due to really slow speeds with nbn fixed wireless (we get around 4mbps download and 4mbps upload when we are paying for 25/5) I am wondering if i was to choose a small company like mint and no one within my area is with mint (everyone is with optus) would my speeds be better?

Jet L asked on Dec 23, 2017

Hi Jet,
We set our products up to work so would expect a much better performance.
That said, if there is a capacity problem on the tower the performance won't change no matter which provider you choose.
We'll definitely be easier to deal with to work that out though and per above, if you can't get the speed we'll be working with you to log a fault to Nbn Co to fix for you.

Hi Jet,
You may be interested in looking at discussions on Whirlpool :-
Whilst the following discussion concerns Aussie Broadband the details about NBN FW problems make interesting reading. But basically speed comes down to two things, the NB congestion as Michael mentions, or the backhaul of the ISP or both if your unlucky. Have you checked your modem to see what the attainable speed is?
SImon

How can I get on this? Am on the Gold Coast. The provider I have was good but now its like dial up to get onto anything. Am 80. Mainly use for emails and facebook to keep in touch with family.

Pamsiwamsie asked on Nov 05, 2017

Hi Pamsiwamsie,
Thanks for considering us. To sign up or if you want to discuss further, just give us a call on 1300586468.
Michael

Michael of Mint Telecom has given you their number 1300 586 468 which is at local call cost. They have email admin@minttelecom.net.au They answer calls promptly by staff who are very knowledgeable. I am an 81 year old very happy with their service. Hope it all goes well for you.

Thankyou.