Review rating:
Filter By:

Exceptionally good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I recently moved into the state and into a house which had NBN connection. Contacted Mint Telecom after researching internet providers. I decided to sign up with them. The Modem arrived the following day as I had been told it would and Kelvin from customer services talked me through the set up procedure. I am very pleased with the service. A problem with the phone connection was dealt with immediately and I received a follow up phone call from Kelvin to check if everything was alright. My daughter has also signed with Mint and is very pleased with the service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Alan, Welcome to Tasmania! We love it here which is why we setup and operate the business from here. Glad to hear everything has operated as we would like and thank you for the positive feedback. Cheers Michael

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Mint telecom. After years of battling away with poor service, dropouts, sloooooow speeds and much fr

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Nbn. No dropouts. Very, very satisfied with Mint. So glad I changed over. 5 stars from me.customer service is second to none!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jeff, fantastic to hear that its all working as we both expect. Thanks for the kind words. Cheers Michael

Evandale

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

After researching a number of providers I found mint telecom to offer great value for money. The customer service was outstanding. All my questions were answered with efficiency and courtesy. The Internet connection has been uninterrupted. The setup process was easy and any help provided was outstanding service. I would highly recommend this company.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Susanne, thanks for the review. We work really hard on our onboarding process and our customer service so its really pleasing to get such great feedback. Cheers Michael

hobart

Fantastic service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

My previous internet supplier took a month to get me reconnected despite me having to call them at least twice a day to get updates. As soon as I was back on line I signed up with Mint and was enjoying good NBN speeds within 24 hours ! Fantastic personal service. I can't fault them.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rick, Not sure why it took others two months, certainly a frustrating experience for you. Glad to have you online and operating and, of course, it's really pleasing to hear you value our serv... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

We have recently connected to the NBN with the endless help from the highly recommended Kelvin.
The whole process ran smoothly (we connected at a very problematic time with the NBN service just becoming available in the area and problems with Telstra and still only had a 2 week service connection wait time) and the service has been continually excellent. Little things like easy data tracking and direct debit courtesy reminder emails make everything run smoothly for clients. If we ever have any questions, they are always responded to extremely fast too! Very happy with our service and would happily recommend to anyone looking for a provider.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Julie, Great to hear your connection went well. With regard to the little things, we think they are really important as getting them right tends to take care of the bigger things. Thanks for ... read more »

• 13 helpful votes

Excellent communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I had a chat with one of their tech team, he was very nice and friendly and honest, didn't try to push me to switch to their service. I don't have a service with them but I liked the way they treat people.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Khashayar,
We do go out of our way to communicate as effectively as we can with our customers. Operating from Hobart is what sets us apart in our opinion.
Definitely let us know if we can help out in the future.

Best ISP ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Brilliant isp best ever so good was the customer service that they never stopped trying to fix my internet speed and drop outs.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rob, One of the issues we tackle from time to time is problems on the network not directly related to the service that we are providing (particularly common on copper ADSL services). With our ... read more »

Sydney

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Seamless Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Switching over from other bigger named ISPs. Couldn't be happier with the service and customer care that Mint has employed. I'm used to waiting +3 weeks after moving into a new unit but Mint had my services up and running within a day of moving! ADSL modem is also NBN ready. I will be continuing on with their services for the foreseeable future.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ted, The only waiting around with us is where we are restricted by network constraints, we know how important internet is for people these days so we do everything we can to get customers up and... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Amazing customer service, efficiency & speed. How ISP's should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Decided on Mint Telecom after hours of research on review sites, had never heard of them before so was a bit unsure as to how they would be.

Any worries I had were unfounded. I requested that the service be switched on on the date that I was to move into a new rental. This has been impossible before (according to other ISP's) so I wasn't sure how accurate the promise would be. I had no reason to fear, the line was re-activated, the ADSL2+ service was connected, and the new modem arrived, all before move in date, all within 7 working days of my initial service request.

2 weeks in, and the connection is amazing, I'm experiencing the best connection quality and speeds I've ever had. I've only had to contact support the once, and that was at set-up; I'd chosen a new password when setting up my account, and the modem had come pre-loaded with the automatically generated password. Despite it being after-hours (Saturday morning) I left a message on the support line, and was over the moon to receive a call back in less than 20 minutes, from an Australian-based support officer no less! Within 10 minutes of troubleshooting, my internet connection was up and running, and I haven't experienced any drop-outs or drops in download speeds.

Beyond happy, after continuous disappointments by every other ISP I've used, Mint Telecom have exceeded my already very high standards of customer service and technical support. Mint will be the only ISP I recommend to friends and family.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Brendan, Whilst the business has only been around for a bit over 2 years, we have years of experience in the industry (well over 30+ years combined) which we think makes a big difference with r... read more »

Melbourne

Brilliant Customer Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

After being incredibly frustrated with one of the major suppliers, we moved to Mint. And what a move! I'll be the first one to admit that I am a complete luddite and needed a lot of support in the changeover. Mint' s customer service was exceptional from beginning to end. Kelvin had me connected to the NBN within 24 hours. He took me through the setup process and was incredibly patient, efficient and clear. It is so nice to actually have customer service again! I highly recommend this Tasmanian business to all the other luddites who exist and anyone else who wants a service that delivers.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Alison, You are certainly not on your own with regard to being a luddite. Moving to nbn can be daunting for some people which is why we preconfigure our modems so there is no setup (beyond plu... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Proceed with caution!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

I have to agree with another reviewer who said 'they found it strange that this business had so many positive reviews!'

Having had a bad experience with Telstra, I made the decision that I would try an Australian company, I chose Mint Telecom.

My request was to have an ADSL connected to my apartment and that I didn't need a phone. All the checks were done, I was told it was possible and an initial fee of $70.80 was charged to my card. Correspondence from Mint confirmed my activation date. Two days after the activation date with no service and no contact from Mint, I called them only to be told that there was an issue with my connection. After they investigated further they informed me that Telstra needed to come out and connect the line with an expected cost from $70-$150. Since I'd only disconnected with Telstra several days earlier, I was perplexed as to why I needed to be charged again for a line that I knew was already connected? I delayed the connection by a day until I spoke to Telstra.

Telstra were uncertain as to why I was being charged, although Mint told me that the issue was with another part of Telstra so the area I rang wouldn't have known about the fault. So after consideration I decided to continue with the connection as I was informed by Mint that the costs would apply regardless of who I went with but at least it would eventuate in an active service.

Once again, I was given an activation date and still nothing so once more I contacted Mint only to be told that I couldn't have the service after all and that all the lines had been taken.

The consultant told me that I'd still be charged due to the fact that it wasn't their fault and that they were able to provide me with a telephone line (which I'd clearly stated that I didn't need), regardless of the fact that I had NOTHING to show for approximately $220. After a lengthy discussion I was informed that I could continue to stay with Mint, paying a monthly fee for the telephone line (that I didn't need) and wait for a line to become available for the ADSL or they would terminate my contract, HOWEVER, I'd still have to pay for the technician. I told them that I was unhappy with the result and I wanted the night to think it over, it was at this stage I was informed that they'd go halves with technicians fee ONLY and they were going to cancel my contract - end of story! I then proceeded to tell them that they could not deduct money from my account and that I wasn't authorizing them to do so - THEY DID IT ANYWAY! The bank informed me that they could block the company from accessing my account again however because they used a third party - Ezi Debit they couldn't block this business from debiting my account!

This forced me to directly contact the owner who had a less-than-amazing ability to dance around the issue. The excuses provided were, 'it's Telstra's fault', 'it's your fault' and then 'we're ONLY a small business and can't afford to pay this'.The rationale used in order for them to keep my money was truly astounding. I was then directed that I needed to send back the modem and ONLY then, would they reimburse me for the cost of postage. The result was that I was now approximately $140 poorer and with nothing to show for this, plus having to pay more to send the modem back. It was apparent that I wasn't going to be able to negotiate with this person therefore I had no choice but to employ the services of the Telecommunication Ombudsman.

End result:
Mint Telecom were instructed that no unauthorized funds were to be taken from my account.
The business had to provide a prepaid envelope for the return of their modem.
Mint had to return the $70.80 that they had 'IN ERROR' debited from my account.
The Telecommunications Ombudsman determined that Telstra had been largely at fault, therefore I made the decision to pay half of the technicians cost of $70.80.

This business doesn't have enough clout to offer what the larger telecommunication companies are being able to deliver nor does it have a strong customer focus (near enough is good enough philosophy) however what is more terrifying than anything else is that someone can determine how much they want to take from your account and 'IN ERROR' follow through!

I have since gone through Vividwireless and the experience has been amazing!!! EASY, no contracts and lovely consultants!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Carrie, I can assure you the reviews on this site are from real customers and are unprompted. And yes, your experience was not the outcome either of us were looking for, we definitely agree.... read more »

Your summary: sounds plausible, although is not entirely accurate/truthful but thank you for taking the time to respond!

All the best for the future.

Perth

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Need more business like this

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

Had my ADSL transferred from Iinet, MINT was fast and honest, informing me the speed i will be getting and the time it take to transfer over. Message them on facebook in the middle of the night and get a reply. Fantastic service keep it up and will recommend to my friend and family

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mel, Our preferred contact out of hours is via private message on facebook as the chat program makes it easy to troubleshoot problems or answer questions. We aren't technically "open" but we wil... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Fantastic service and product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

Just changed the other week from Telstra to Mint. The best change I could have made - that's for sure. The difference in product and service is astounding. Mint communication and service is beyond excellent. Everything went seamlessly and I was constantly kept apraised of what was going on. I couldn't believe it! The internet product itself (over the last week of using it) is way better than I expected. I choose Mint after reading the reviews here and let me assure you all the reviews here are genuine. Mint is the way to go!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lilywil, We do work hard to ensure we onboard customers well and keep them up to date with the progress of their order, so it's always great to hear that it has been appreciated. Thanks for ta... read more »

Hobart

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Recently relocated NBN FTTN connection to a new address, contacted Kelvin via email, gained a response less than an hour later and NBN was up and running within another two hours. NBN working as perfectly as ever after reconnection. Very efficient, knowledgeable and customer focused which is what the industry needs. Thanks guys :)

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Emma,
Glad to hear the move was stress free and your service was back working really quickly for you.
Thanks for the feedback, it's reassuring to hear our customers value the same things that we focus really hard on.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Didn't have to wait ages on hold, consultant helps every step of the way. Even gave a tip that increased download speed ten-fold.
Certainly recommend mint telecom

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi J.D, Fantastic to hear the tip helped for your speed. Wifi congestion is awfully common these days with so many devices conflicting with each other. We work hard to minimise wait times, but shou... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent - Very Fast Setup.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2016

I moved from iiNet as our internet connection was not working, after several hours on the phone and iiNet sending up SMS messages saying everything is now working we still did not have internet access.

Enough was enough it was time to change providers, i gave mint telecom a call at around 4:30pm provided my details and was told they would call back at 9:00am in the morning, sure enough at 9am the phone rang and we were online, simple as that.

A+++ Customer service, it's a real pleasure dealing with a local company that goes above and beyond to help the customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Graeme, Glad we were able to help you, we really do believe operating 100% from Hobart makes a big difference. We thing our experience and commitment to our customers is what sets us apart fro... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Amazing NBN connection service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2016

After numerous mistakes by Telstra and having spent 3 hours on the phone to them, enough was enough and I contacted Mint to enquire about their NBN services. Not only is their product easily comparable (in both quality and cost) to Telstra, their service is outstanding. Within 3 hours, on a Sunday, Kelvin had our NBN connected and operating - when Telstra assured me it couldn't be done (by them or any other provider) within 72 hours.

Finally a Telco that delivers on what it says and gets the job done right at the time they say they will!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sam, Great to hear you got online in a much better time frame than others were indicating. We pride ourselves on our years of experience making a difference with regard to our advice and our a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent - Fastest Connection Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I was connected in a few hours, others said it could take weeks. The service was very friendly and extremely effective. The connection is via fixed wireless, the speed is excellent and so far the connection has been super reliable. Thanks sooo much!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Martin,
Not sure why others thought it would be weeks! Glad to get it all up and going swiftly for you and its operating as it should be.
Thanks for the feedback.

Amazing service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Kelvin was available after hours and on weekends to try to iron out a glitch which turned out to be in our laptop. He was very knowledgeable, helpful and concerned. Excellent service!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Denise, Whilst the call centre is only open standard business hours we are always available to try to help, where we can, after hours as we know how frustrating it can be when you can't get onl... read more »

Perth

Finally!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I've been in Oz for over 30 years and its the first time i've encountered a truly great service from a telecom company! I am so pleased I found this service provider! As true blue aussie service should be.. been telling my mates already! Thank u so much!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Maryann,
Thank you for the feedback.
Don't forget our refer a friend program when you tell your mates!

1 of 7 pages