Review rating:
Filter By:

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2015

Signed up with Mint Telecom because the salesman told me it was $99 plus delivery to set it all up which included the modem and running a new phone line from the box outside to the inside of the house, then I was told it would cost an extra $350 to run the phone line. I cancelled the service because if they can't even get it right from the beginning what will it be like when I'm signed into a contract.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi David, we're sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Unfortunately sales people in the field don't have full access to network infrastructure information - that is why we check... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2015

Mint Telecom are a breath of fresh air after dealing with Telstra. They couldn't have been more helpful - installed the hardware and checked the system performance - it all works very well.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Buccaneer, Thanks for the positive review. We focus really hard on our service. Cheers Michael

Abels Bay, Tasmania

Connection in 5 hrs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

The March 2016 debacle with internet connectivity in Tasmania (failure of services using the Basslink) pushed me to look for another provider. Mint was able to provide NBN connection in ~5hrs from the time of the first contact. They provide basic service, without all unnecessary whistles, but this really is what most of us require. After using their services for last six (6) months (Internet + IPhone) I am upgrading my rating to 5 stars.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Andy49, thanks for the upgraded rating! Cheers Michael

Launceston

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2016

I went to Mint as a result of being sorely disappointed by my long standing ISP. Mint suspended the normal set up fee as I was caught up in the Basslink mess which is a nice gesture. My order was finalised at around 4pm and was active around 7.30 am the next day. My 100/40 connection has been stable and reliable and I am really glad that I have made the change. The Call Centre is based in Hobart and for me it is also a plus to support something local.

April 17th, 2017 Update: Fantastic Product and Service

I have been with Mint now for a while. What they have delivered me is a reliable, high quality connection and service. My speeds remain as they should at peak times whilst I have friends using other providers experiencing significant speed drops between 6pm and 10pm thereabouts. I have found that Mint go to great lengths to help out with any issues outside of hours and you are not required to wait around for ages to have any issues resolved. I like it that my connection sits consistently on the speed that I am paying for no matter what time of day I am on. I like it that I am supporting a local business and a local call centre. I couldn't care less about the unlimited offers by other providers as I never get anywhere near my 1.2 Terabytes per month and I use my connection lots. In a nutshell, if you are looking for a service that is a really solid, brilliant product and backup, then you really can't go past Mint.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi John, We think our operations being 100% out of Hobart makes a real difference, really glad to hear you agree. Cheers Michael

hobart

• 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Fantastic service provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Failure of the basslink saw me looking for a new internet provider. I found Mint Telecom to be fantastic and completely different to deal with than the big ISP's out there. The pricing is competitive and on par with other internet providers but the customer service is truly magnificent. The staff are knowledgable and nothing is to hard and most importantly I have had no problems with my internet, the setup was easy and everything has worked since day 1. A big thumbs up from me!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Reg01, glad to hear its all worked as it should. Our senior leadership team has over 30 combined years in the experience which we think helps when you deal with us as we can get things done a little faster for you. Cheers Michael

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Extremely good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

Recently moved to Mint for NBN (100/40 service). Level of service during initial sale and through provisioning was outstanding.
I am getting close to full speed NBN on Fibre to the Node (97/37). Very stable connection.
Highly recommended esp. for other Tassie locals.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Simon, we do operate nationally, but we absolutely thinks its a real point of difference for Tasmanians being able to deal with a local business. Cheers Michael

Devonport

• 2 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 24 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

A small company with a big heart and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2016

I churned to Mint NBN from Internode NBN when the basslink cable went out and internode let me down very badly.
I'm so glad I did!
Mint may be a small reseller, but their customer service is the best I have had with ANY service industry, never mind Telecoms.
They even send you a text if there is an issue with their service, so you know what is going on, and you don't have to phone them.
Their web based chat service connects to technicians in their office who guide you through any issues. There are only a few of them, and they will follow up with you, and even remember your name and issue, if things turn out to be more complicated than expected.
They are just a fantastic company. You get what you pay for in terms of your contracted speeds, and they are dedicated to find out why and put things right if you're having problems.
Their pricing is only slightly more than the big boys, but these guys actually care about you as a customer.
No, I am not a Mint Employee, I've not been paid, I am just very happy with their business model!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi netmedic, thanks for the detailed and great review. We think our pricing delivers value for money as we are cheaper than the major full service providers and only one or two cups of coffee a month more than the low cost providers. Cheers Michael

ROCKINGHAM

Superb customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2016

We changed our NBN to Mint after the Basslink debacle. The day we changed and it was ready to go, I didn't get home from work until 8pm and when I rang someone helped me through the setup process! The connection is reliable, and the only time there was an outage I received a SMS to advise it had gone down AND when it was working again.
The customer service is unparalleled - anywhere. The few times I've called I speak to a human and get the help I need. And when it's time to pay the bill I get a SMS reminder that my direct debit will be processed. And, in the month my daughter discovered movie downloads and we used 40 gig in one week, I got a phone call heads up that my 100gigs wouldn't last the month at that rate... They've got your back! I wish all service providers were this easy to deal with. Thanks for the great service, I'm happy to tell everyone about how awesome you are and what a pleasure you are to deal with.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kelso Mum, thanks for the great review. Don't forget to tell your friends to mention you when they call us so they, and you, can take full advantage of our refer a friend program! Cheers Michael

Evandale

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

After researching a number of providers I found mint telecom to offer great value for money. The customer service was outstanding. All my questions were answered with efficiency and courtesy. The Internet connection has been uninterrupted. The setup process was easy and any help provided was outstanding service. I would highly recommend this company.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Susanne, thanks for the review. We work really hard on our onboarding process and our customer service so its really pleasing to get such great feedback. Cheers Michael

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Mint telecom. After years of battling away with poor service, dropouts, sloooooow speeds and much fr

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Nbn. No dropouts. Very, very satisfied with Mint. So glad I changed over. 5 stars from me.customer service is second to none!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jeff, fantastic to hear that its all working as we both expect. Thanks for the kind words. Cheers Michael

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

The best ISP in Tasmania, if you can connect with them do not hesitate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I currently have ADSL 2+ with Mint Telecom, and cannot speak highly enough.
When NBN is available I will be retaining them as my ISP, no hesitation.
The support during set up was unparalleled. There were issues at the connection/exchange (Telstra) end which Mint Telecom kept me informed of and progressed ASAP.
I've only had one interruption to service which was unscheduled and was a Telstra issue. I received an email and SMS of the outage within 30 mins of it occurring, and once it was resolved and responses to my queries logged online.
Mint Telecom's support cannot be matched. Their online chat, email and phone service is immediate and knowledgeable, and goes above and beyond anyone's reasonable definition of service.
I cannot recommend them highly enough, and have had a family member and friend also connect without issues.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi MrKareem33, whilst we don't have much competition with regard to actually operating from Tasmania (:-)) there are certainly plenty of alternative options for you to choose as your provider, so t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Exceptionally good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I recently moved into the state and into a house which had NBN connection. Contacted Mint Telecom after researching internet providers. I decided to sign up with them. The Modem arrived the following day as I had been told it would and Kelvin from customer services talked me through the set up procedure. I am very pleased with the service. A problem with the phone connection was dealt with immediately and I received a follow up phone call from Kelvin to check if everything was alright. My daughter has also signed with Mint and is very pleased with the service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Alan, Welcome to Tasmania! We love it here which is why we setup and operate the business from here. Glad to hear everything has operated as we would like and thank you for the positive feedback. Cheers Michael

New town

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great service. Great product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Super responsive with a really efficient team. Very competitive pricing, got connected within hours of contacting Mint. There was one NBN drop out (not Mint's fault) and they responded to my Facebook query within 1 minute. These guys are local, they have a stake in the business, highly recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Leif, we work really hard on responding to our customers so its fantastic to get feedback that its working. Whilst we do service right across Australia, we think operating out of Hobart is grea... read more »

Glenorchy, TAS

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Exceptional Service and Great Products!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

I recently took the opportunity to move over to NBN and decided to go with Mint Telecom. After dealing with so many other providers over the years Mint renewed my faith in Telcos ability to deliver exceptional service. Not only was their support team in Hobart they knew what they were doing. I didn't sit in a queue for ages and I was kept up to date on my order. In addition, I found out after the fact that you get access to discount travel, wine, and other products and they sent me a discount coupon for Netflix. If you are looking for a company that cares about you then I'd strongly recommend Mint Telecom!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi clemojr, our focus is 100% on local support coupled with our experience to get you connected. The lifestyle rewards program is, however, a fantastic benefit that is quite unique to us and can e... read more »

• 1 comment

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

MINT by Name, MINT by Nature!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2016

This is the best service I have had, both for customer service and connection, even after working for a telecommunications company! There has been great communication from MINT from advising network issues (hardly any) to reminders about direct debits coming out. I have not had one reason to contact them, exceptional! The main reason I signed up is to support local Tasmanian business so it is a major plus that the service is this mint :-)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Miss M, thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review and glad to hear our focus on service does resonate through to you! Cheers Micahel

Hi Michael, I was meant to rate your company 5 stars and can't edit this. Outstanding company!

Mint Telecom Official

Hi Miss M, no worries at all, appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. Cheers Michael

Mint - The real deal!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2016

If you think connecting to the NBN is just too hard, you have not yet dealt with Mint Telecom.
Put simply - they deliver what they promise to.
Products that work, (even during the recent Bass Link saga - I am in Tasmania), great speed and reliability.
Bills that are easily understood, and don't contain "surprises", and with very competitive pricing.
But for me, most importantly, a level of service almost unheard of with today's phone/internet providers - you call them, they answer, and they get you a result. I was struggling to get the NBN infrastructure connected to my house - they took the problem out of my hands and got it sorted.
I was in a six month contract, (the time a lot of Telco's take to get you connected), but while they continue to deliver the service they are currently, I have no intention of moving.
The real deal!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi NF74, thanks for the vote of confidence. We work really hard on our service and purposefully set up in Hobart as we think that is a real point of difference for us. With a leadership team with... read more »

Perth

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Outstanding Experience With Mint

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

I became despondent with my existing provider (expensive, unreliable and poor customer service) so decided to switch to a new provider. Living in Perth I could have gone with a local provider but I'd heard positive things about Mint Telecom. Our decision to go with Mint has proved to be the right one, they offer a quality (and reliable) service, competitive pricing and most importantly an outstanding customer experience. Switching over to Mint was simple, made easy by their Australian based support team, and ongoing support is easily accessed when required. I get value for money with Mint and would recommend them to anyone considering a change.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi David, we do pride ourselves on our "local" Australian based service - we really test the limits with you though! Glad to hear everything is working as it should and thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mint are the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

Best decision I've made!
Being a local, I wanted to support a local company, however, they have completely blown me out of the water. The Customer Service and Support are the best I've experienced from an internet company. Go Mint!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi LocalReviewer, thanks for the vote of thanks. We do offer services right across Australia, but we also think its a little special to have locals with us and supporting us. Many thanks. Cheers Michael

Excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

Had a new build (house) and needed an NBN connection set up. Went with Mint as they were local and found them to be a pleasure, my old ISP (iinet) were hopeless at keeping me updated and so I was much happier when moving house that I decided to switch as Mint kept me in the loop/I had no issues. Found the support/communication to be great and once connected the speed/connection is excellent, haven't had any issues at all.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Steve, appreciate your feedback and hope you are enjoying the new house!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great pro active customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2016

Been with Mint several months and liking their service. They even contacted me once to ask if I was having issues with my modem as they noted I was having dropouts - I hadn't gotten around to working out what was going on. They helped me make a few changes and no problems since. How many providers would call you without request to assist? Highly recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi John, glad to hear no problems with your service. We do proactively monitor and advise all our customers when we see something not quite right as hardware can and does not always work as it should.

1 of 7 pages