Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Sensational - these guys actually go above and beyond when it comes to customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

After having recently spent over 2hrs on Telstra Live Chat trying to establish why my FTTN service was so crap, and getting precisely nowhere but being passed from one "Customer Service" person to another, I decided enough was enough and searched the reviews for a new ISP. Mint was rated very highly for customer service, and being based in Hobart I thought I would support the local team and give them a go. The result is a) my internet speeds are twice what they were before I signed up, due to being given really sound practical advice from Kelvin at Mint, and b) I have a good understanding of what speed I can actually achieve at my house given that I'm apparently over 1km from the node, and c) my dislike for Malcolm Turnbull has intensified somewhat.
Very pleased to have discovered Mint - they deserve to do well.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Craig, Awesome to hear we helped point you in the right direction to fix your problem. Its never good when internet is bad or slow, but it's so much more frustrating when you don't know why or ... read more »

Clarendon Vale, TAS

Easily the best ISP I've ever dealt with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

I've worked at ISPs before, so I know how hard it can be.. Whenever I've had an issue, Mint Telecom have been on it within minutes, even on Sundays. 100% satisfaction from a very picky internet user.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Bob, Whilst the call centre is not open weekends we do support customers out of hours via email, Facebook private message and also voicemails. If we're awake we are generally available to help!... read more »

Perth

Top quality service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I seemed to only hear bad stories about connecting to the NBN, so dreaded having to make the move. I chose Mint based on the reviews and wasn't in any way disappointed. Prior to the changeover, all of my emailed questions were answered promptly and fully. Phone communication was also not a problem. Being able to deal directly with staff here in Australia and not in an overseas call centre was very important to me, and when an unusual glitch occurred with the phone connection the matter was dealt with and sorted very effectively and efficiently. I will have no hesitation in recommending this company as a telco / internet provider. Definitely five stars!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ian, NBN certainly isn't as bad as a lot of the media reports. Sure, there are some problems from time to time as with any service, but the key is dealing with a provider that can help navigate... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent customer service! So easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

We had just purchased a new business and begun the paperwork saga of transferring the internet and phone lines from a major provider, Mint Telecom was suggested to me as alternative, one quick call and within two minutes Mint had taken away the stress, they organised a new NBN connection and phone line, modem was in the mail and they set me up with an unlimited data plan! When the modem arrived their support crew remotely logged in and assisted with set up for me! I have had a couple of questions since, all be it simple but tech related and within seconds they are answered when I contact support. Support your local I say and they will support you!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Steve, Great to hear our onboarding process made it nice and simple. We work very hard on our business solutions to make it as simple as possible as we know how important it is for a business to... read more »

5 stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Changed from the big boys at iinet (where I sat on hold, then explained I wanted to cancel, then I got transferred to someone else who told me someone would have to call me back - which occurred 3 business days later only to go over my request to cancel AGAIN).
Mint has been seamless, great support, lots of clear communication and I am proud to be able to support a local business that has strong focus on service.
The rewards program also means an awesome deal on our honeymoon!
+ $50 refer a friend

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ted, Great to have you on board! Whilst we operate nationally we definitely appreciate the local support. Definitely look through the rewards program as there are some amazing deals to be had, ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

A service that you cannot live without, and it is good to support your locals when you can

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

i have just changed over from Telecube, because of issues that I had been having, the customer service and reliability of the service is out standing, I highly recommend them

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jaysblueaus,
Great to hear it's working as both expect it to and love the feedback around our focus on service being appreciated.
Thanks for the great review.

Quick and Super Easy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

We activated our NBN through mint and it was on in around 2 hrs. We spoke to very friendly chap, was super easy to deal with and have referred people to Mint several times.
We have had no issues with the connection as of yet, and hope not to.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Leigh, Glad to hear our onboarding process made it nice and simple, we work very hard to make it as easy as possible for our customers. We set the products up to work so also hope for no issues,... read more »

melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

breath of fresh air

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

Nbn fixed wireless 25/5.
Breath of fresh air compared to other isps with offshore call centers.
Spoke to an actual person, he was super helpful getting everything connected, and worked through issues with nbn to ensure my connection. Hats off.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Tom,
Operating from Hobart is our secret sauce!
Glad to hear you appreciate our experience and ability to always talk to someone in Hobart.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback, we definitely appreciate it.

Great Service, and Great speed

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

From the beginning i was dealing with Joshua. Great experience with this guys. Too notch!
I used to live with 3mps now i have average of 35-40 BIG DIFFERENCE. I do recommend them. Great work guys. Happy Chappie.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Zoran,
Great to hear its all gone well. NBN really is a much better product than ADSL and definitely worth the upgrade!
Thanks for the recommendation, don't forget our refer a friend program when you do though!

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

A rare gem in this industry!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

I can't get over how awesome these people are to deal with. They remember me by name when I call, are super helpful and their prices are really competitive. What's not to love?

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi FlyLight, Our primary focus is all about awesome service and great products. Operating out of Hobart with years of experience behind us is what allows us to make this work. Great to hear its wo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Finally Great Service and Support in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Fibre to the Home with Mint Telecom finally after all the years i have had internet i get a provider who is sensational its just to easy best customer service and support Thanks Guys you are the best no more overseas call centres

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Phillip,
Great to hear our support out of Hobart really resonates with you!
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback, it's much appreciated.

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Why would you go with anyone else??

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

After having non stop issues for over 12 months with Telstra for our business NBN set up I was recommended Mint Telecom by another business. The difference has been night to day. Amazing customer service (local no call centre), People that actually understand what is going on without being passed from department to department. This is how it should be done.
Only wished we had known of Mint years ago to save ourselves a truck load of troubles with Telstra.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rob, We think our local call centre combined with years of experience does make a massive difference, so it's fantastic to hear that resonate through to your experience with us. Thanks for takin... read more »

Perth

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Worth Waiting For

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

I rated Mint poorly after having to wait for my connection. But two weeks later i was connected and have had excellent service since. Very friendly staff and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend them to anyone. And very accessible by phone, which in itself is worth fifty bucks a month!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Steve, There is not much better satisfaction for us than to have a customer that started out unhappy to then give us a rerated 5 star review. Problems can and do happen, we do our absolute best ... read more »

Best Decision

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

It has been a couple of months since changing to Mint Telecom.. We are a small business were looking for a new phone company including Internet we were out of contract with our previous phone company and I was having a lot of trouble just trying to renew our contract. Even tried a local company but they weren't interested either, too hard maybe because of diversions on one of our numbers? So we phoned Mint Telecom.
From the very beginning everything has been excellent. I liked when I phoned I was next in line - amazing and whoever answered the call was able to help I didn't have to be transferred to someone else. Everything was set up in about two weeks including the transfer to NBN. Our phones and internet are operating the way they should, we are very happy we changed. Mint Telecom are helpful, efficient and very professional nothing is a problem, and they are in Hobart.
I highly recommend them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Bill, We do have a lot of experience in voice services, particularly for businesses, so definitely always able to help with these sorts of problems. Glad to hear we got it transferred efficientl... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Highly Recommend Mint Telecom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I've been with Mint for over a year and have never had a problem with the connection, service or speed (NBN). The phone support is also fantastic. I highly recommend them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Todd,
We work hard to ensure we deliver a great product that works all the time, so great to hear that has been your experience.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Outstanding Service and Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I'm having a fantastic experience with Mint. Enabling a new NBN FttN connection was as easy and fast as I had hoped, even when migrating from another ISP. When I had an issue (not the fault of Mint) Michael and his staff were extremely helpful and rectified it immediately. If only every ISP was this fantastic. Courteous, helpful and personal service. Cannot recommend them enough.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nick, Great to hear all is going well. We do think operating out of Hobart with our experienced team allows us to provide a different level of service, so its always fantastic to hear that reson... read more »

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Fantastic support & staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Local support staff are easy to reach and extremely helpful! We have never had any issues intact they gave us some really good advice to speed up our internet!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Farzin,
Great to hear you appreciate our local support and our experience has helped with some tips to improve your service.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback, it's definitely appreciated.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Just like the good old days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I've been with Mint for a couple of years now and honestly its like the good old days with netspace. Speed is fantastic i actually get what i pay for at all times of the day. And have only had to call them once my issue was sorted in minutes (issue was my own fault).
Can't fault them at all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi DJmad, We do work hard to ensure our products deliver as not all nbn providers deliver the same end product. Great to hear it's working as it should and as we both expect for you. Thanks for ta... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Solid service and great support if you ever need it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

We made the switch from another major ISP (who's service had taken a dive) before and decided to pay a little more than we were to try Mint out. Our hope was that the service would be more reliable and personable, especially when it came to support.

Mint have not disappointed. Even in a case where it wasn't smooth sailing I was impressed. Our speeds were suffering and after they monitored our speeds and dropouts, several emails later (which were often out of hours and were answered within minutes) we got to the issue and it was rectified immediately.

I am extremely happy with the support (in this case Kelvin Prince). Being local they know the areas they provide service to, they don't have strong accents (which is helpful for someone hard of hearing like myself) and Kelvin in particular has gone above and beyond what I've expected from ISP support.

Very happy to recommend Mint.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Cam, That's exactly the experience we aim to deliver! There will inevitably be faults but when they do occur we really want to identify the cause and fix it, that is the big difference with our... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Top notch service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Everything about the service by Mint has just worked cleanly and efficiently.

From the initial chat regarding requirements, to scheduling the NBN hookup on the premises, to setting up the router and actually getting online. The whole service was seamless, the speeds are great, and the follow ups to check it's all good were above and beyond the call of duty.

It's great to deal with people who really get what they're doing and are trying their best to tailor the service to you.

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a new ISP.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Stuart, Great to hear our onboarding process has really resonated with you. We are passionate about making sure services work as they are meant to and proactively follow up where we see a possib... read more »

1 of 11 pages