Review rating:
Filter By:

Best Decision

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

It has been a couple of months since changing to Mint Telecom.. We are a small business were looking for a new phone company including Internet we were out of contract with our previous phone company and I was having a lot of trouble just trying to renew our contract. Even tried a local company but they weren't interested either, too hard maybe because of diversions on one of our numbers? So we phoned Mint Telecom.
From the very beginning everything has been excellent. I liked when I phoned I was next in line - amazing and whoever answered the call was able to help I didn't have to be transferred to someone else. Everything was set up in about two weeks including the transfer to NBN. Our phones and internet are operating the way they should, we are very happy we changed. Mint Telecom are helpful, efficient and very professional nothing is a problem, and they are in Hobart.
I highly recommend them.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Bill, We do have a lot of experience in voice services, particularly for businesses, so definitely always able to help with these sorts of problems. Glad to hear we got it transferred efficientl... read more »

Highly Recommend Mint Telecom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I've been with Mint for over a year and have never had a problem with the connection, service or speed (NBN). The phone support is also fantastic. I highly recommend them.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Todd,
We work hard to ensure we deliver a great product that works all the time, so great to hear that has been your experience.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Outstanding Service and Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I'm having a fantastic experience with Mint. Enabling a new NBN FttN connection was as easy and fast as I had hoped, even when migrating from another ISP. When I had an issue (not the fault of Mint) Michael and his staff were extremely helpful and rectified it immediately. If only every ISP was this fantastic. Courteous, helpful and personal service. Cannot recommend them enough.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nick, Great to hear all is going well. We do think operating out of Hobart with our experienced team allows us to provide a different level of service, so its always fantastic to hear that reson... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Fantastic support & staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Local support staff are easy to reach and extremely helpful! We have never had any issues intact they gave us some really good advice to speed up our internet!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Farzin,
Great to hear you appreciate our local support and our experience has helped with some tips to improve your service.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback, it's definitely appreciated.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Just like the good old days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I've been with Mint for a couple of years now and honestly its like the good old days with netspace. Speed is fantastic i actually get what i pay for at all times of the day. And have only had to call them once my issue was sorted in minutes (issue was my own fault).
Can't fault them at all.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi DJmad, We do work hard to ensure our products deliver as not all nbn providers deliver the same end product. Great to hear it's working as it should and as we both expect for you. Thanks for ta... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Solid service and great support if you ever need it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

We made the switch from another major ISP (who's service had taken a dive) before and decided to pay a little more than we were to try Mint out. Our hope was that the service would be more reliable and personable, especially when it came to support.

Mint have not disappointed. Even in a case where it wasn't smooth sailing I was impressed. Our speeds were suffering and after they monitored our speeds and dropouts, several emails later (which were often out of hours and were answered within minutes) we got to the issue and it was rectified immediately.

I am extremely happy with the support (in this case Kelvin Prince). Being local they know the areas they provide service to, they don't have strong accents (which is helpful for someone hard of hearing like myself) and Kelvin in particular has gone above and beyond what I've expected from ISP support.

Very happy to recommend Mint.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Cam, That's exactly the experience we aim to deliver! There will inevitably be faults but when they do occur we really want to identify the cause and fix it, that is the big difference with our... read more »

Top notch service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Everything about the service by Mint has just worked cleanly and efficiently.

From the initial chat regarding requirements, to scheduling the NBN hookup on the premises, to setting up the router and actually getting online. The whole service was seamless, the speeds are great, and the follow ups to check it's all good were above and beyond the call of duty.

It's great to deal with people who really get what they're doing and are trying their best to tailor the service to you.

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a new ISP.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Stuart, Great to hear our onboarding process has really resonated with you. We are passionate about making sure services work as they are meant to and proactively follow up where we see a possib... read more »

Seamless connection, outstanding service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I have encountered nightmares with internet providers for the last three years. The IT profession that manages my business suggested Mint Telecom.
From my first email to Mint Telecom the process was seamless. The sales team called me back during a 45 minute window of availability at work, the modem arrived in less than 24 hours, they convinced me to get the cheaper rather than most expensive plan and my wife plugged in the modem and instantly it connected with the best download speed we have experienced for years.
Further, we received an email after we connected to make sure there were not problems.
I could not recommend this service any more highly.
Mint Telecom is Mint!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Craig, Sounds exactly like the result we plan and aim for! Re the speeds, we do ask a few more questions than others and look to place customers on the plan that best suits their needs vs one si... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Refreshingly different experience !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Had the team at Mint set up a home/business NBN connection recently ! Trouble free experience & the service was exceptional from start to finish. Great to deal with local company who obviously get it !

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Andrew, Our preconfigured modems really do make a difference and really make the setup process nice and easy. Operating from Hobart does also make us nice and easy to reach and deal with as well... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mint go beyond what is expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Really refreshing to have the company manager proactively call me to notify of any service changes and improvements.

makes you feel like you actually are an important customer.

Good work Mint - keep it up.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Fergus, We definitely like to be proactive and as a small business we all get involved, which definitely includes myself! All our customers are important to us, we appreciate all the support we ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

You'll find no better service anyway, in anything.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Top product with 5 star + service.
We have an NBN connection that near faultless. Any issues have been fixed immediately and customer service is proactive in communication.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mr Pete, NBN really is a great product and yes, we are very unique in that we monitor all our services on a daily basis and when we see a problem may exist we are on the front foot to see if we ... read more »

SECOND TO NONE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

My Goodness!!! From quotes to connection this service has been the best! the them and CONNECTION are something I am yet to see anywhere else and no one has come close to it. Both for business use and personal this is the provider so reliable and efficient! no drop outs and they have even followed up to see if we are happy just one of the many examples that sets them apart from the rest. I'm not sorry with anything from start to finish! wish I knew about them earlier.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Denielle, We put a lot of focus into our onboarding process to ensure its very clear for each step and that you are informed throughout the process - great to hear that has resonated with you! ... read more »

Simply Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Getting going was really easy, staff were super helpful during that process, connection and speed have been excellent from day one, no speed drops like previous provider, loving Mint

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Tommy, Awesome to hear its all worked well. Unlike others we focus on making sure our products deliver the speeds you are able to get at all times. Nothing worse than your service being unusabl... read more »

Great Plans and Company for NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Set up was easy and the customer service has always been on point. The rare times I needed extra help or support it was greeted and handled exceptional attention. Have to love a set and forget experience.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Dave,
Set and forget is exactly what we aim for! Our interests are aligned to deliver a great product so you don't need to speak with us, but we are always here if required and nice and easy to reach and deal with from Hobart.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The BEST ISP I've even been with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

It has been over 8 months since i signed up, and I cannot fault Mint. I always have download speeds within about 10% of my available limit, even at peak periods.
Initial set up was great, with the customer service team helping me to set up my (non standard) Fibre to the Node compatible modem router.
All in all an excellent service.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ben,
We work very hard to ensure our products work to their maximum speeds at all times, especially peak when you really want to use it.
Glad to hear all is well and thanks for the feedback.

Great service - easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Set up for NBN FTTN happened very quickly - was done before I realised ! Customer support excellent - it’s great knowing that there is a local person always on call to help, not that it has been needed. Love supporting a local company too, I think that makes the system better for all.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Noodles, Whilst we do operate nationally, being a Tasmanian owned and operated business we definitely appreciate the support of locals as we are proud and passionate about our state. Glad to her... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great service and exceptional support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Great service and exceptional support. Very well run business out of Hobart who actually listen and help when you run into issues.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Harrison, We've over 30 years in the industry and our focus is on making sure our products work as we both expect them to. So when problems do arise we want to identify the root cause and where... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Mint telecom has been the best provider I've had in years, not only are the speeds fast but also the customer service has been amazing. with my other providers only one person could be connected other wise things would buffer andtake ages to load, but with Mint Telecom i can be watching Netflix, kids can be on the PlayStation, and stream music etc all at once and not once does the connection weaken
I LOVE IT

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Amelia, NBN is great! The politics can at times confuse the actual product and yes, things can always be better for some, but in general its a great product and your experience is the typical o... read more »

Can’t fault it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Awesome service and a simple set up means we’ve never had an issue. Love that the team are local and the response time is instant. Would highly recommend, and have done to family and friends.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sophie,
We preconfigure our modems for this exact reason - when all you have to do is plug it in, its so much easier.
Thank you for all the recommendations, that really means a lot to us.

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Seamless internet provider at a great rate!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

We have nbn connected through Mint Telecom and are so impressed with the service and team, my husband also shopped around and found them to be the best rate so we're very happy!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lauren,
We think operating out of Hobart is our secret sauce to delivering great service!
Glad to hear all is good and the plans meet your needs as well.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 of 11 pages

I at villa 118 Edgewater Village Bli Bli. NBN is still not connected. Should have been on AM27/March, any idea why? Edgar.

Edgar. asked on Mar 29, 2018

Hi Edgar,
NBN Co manage and perform installations for all providers.
If you were our customer we would already be reviewing and trying to find out why it was not completed, but we have no visibility when you are not a customer.
If you want us to help, then contact us via 1300586468 and once you have signed up as a customer we can commence the process to connect you.
Michael

Hi there, do you supply email addresses with your plans ?

0b1 asked on Mar 09, 2018

Hi,
No we don't.
The reason is that email addresses from an ISP are not transferable so we don't think they are a good idea.
Google (gmail) and Microsoft (Outlook) provide free services that are better than any ISP email service and accordingly that's what we recommend.
Or for a business there are plenty of specialised businesses that are set up for this, it's not really an ISP service any more.
Michael

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018

Hi Hydraflexx,
Sorry to hear about your problems. We don't offer any mobile backups, albeit you can set these items up yourself - it just depends on what the impact is if there is no internet. I.e. a business should have redundancy in place whereas a consumer may or may not require.
In general, once connected, the NBN network is quite reliable and outages to the extent you are advising are quite rare in our experience.
Cheers Michael