Filter By:
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Very slow download speeds!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Staff are polite and professional, but the internet speed I have been experiencing on average 12-15 Mbps download with well below the minimum 25 Mbps the NBN co technician estimated I should expect. The excuses and justifications from Mint staff are not credible.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Evan, Really sorry to hear your speeds are not performing to what we'd both like. Fibre to the Node speeds are estimates and we do deliver the speed available and can easily get the actual dist... read more »

• 1 question
  • 10 helpful votes

Proceed with caution!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

I have to agree with another reviewer who said 'they found it strange that this business had so many positive reviews!'

Having had a bad experience with Telstra, I made the decision that I would try an Australian company, I chose Mint Telecom.

My request was to have an ADSL connected to my apartment and that I didn't need a phone. All the checks were done, I was told it was possible and an initial fee of $70.80 was charged to my card. Correspondence from Mint confirmed my activation date. Two days after the activation date with no service and no contact from Mint, I called them only to be told that there was an issue with my connection. After they investigated further they informed me that Telstra needed to come out and connect the line with an expected cost from $70-$150. Since I'd only disconnected with Telstra several days earlier, I was perplexed as to why I needed to be charged again for a line that I knew was already connected? I delayed the connection by a day until I spoke to Telstra.

Telstra were uncertain as to why I was being charged, although Mint told me that the issue was with another part of Telstra so the area I rang wouldn't have known about the fault. So after consideration I decided to continue with the connection as I was informed by Mint that the costs would apply regardless of who I went with but at least it would eventuate in an active service.

Once again, I was given an activation date and still nothing so once more I contacted Mint only to be told that I couldn't have the service after all and that all the lines had been taken.

The consultant told me that I'd still be charged due to the fact that it wasn't their fault and that they were able to provide me with a telephone line (which I'd clearly stated that I didn't need), regardless of the fact that I had NOTHING to show for approximately $220. After a lengthy discussion I was informed that I could continue to stay with Mint, paying a monthly fee for the telephone line (that I didn't need) and wait for a line to become available for the ADSL or they would terminate my contract, HOWEVER, I'd still have to pay for the technician. I told them that I was unhappy with the result and I wanted the night to think it over, it was at this stage I was informed that they'd go halves with technicians fee ONLY and they were going to cancel my contract - end of story! I then proceeded to tell them that they could not deduct money from my account and that I wasn't authorizing them to do so - THEY DID IT ANYWAY! The bank informed me that they could block the company from accessing my account again however because they used a third party - Ezi Debit they couldn't block this business from debiting my account!

This forced me to directly contact the owner who had a less-than-amazing ability to dance around the issue. The excuses provided were, 'it's Telstra's fault', 'it's your fault' and then 'we're ONLY a small business and can't afford to pay this'.The rationale used in order for them to keep my money was truly astounding. I was then directed that I needed to send back the modem and ONLY then, would they reimburse me for the cost of postage. The result was that I was now approximately $140 poorer and with nothing to show for this, plus having to pay more to send the modem back. It was apparent that I wasn't going to be able to negotiate with this person therefore I had no choice but to employ the services of the Telecommunication Ombudsman.

End result:
Mint Telecom were instructed that no unauthorized funds were to be taken from my account.
The business had to provide a prepaid envelope for the return of their modem.
Mint had to return the $70.80 that they had 'IN ERROR' debited from my account.
The Telecommunications Ombudsman determined that Telstra had been largely at fault, therefore I made the decision to pay half of the technicians cost of $70.80.

This business doesn't have enough clout to offer what the larger telecommunication companies are being able to deliver nor does it have a strong customer focus (near enough is good enough philosophy) however what is more terrifying than anything else is that someone can determine how much they want to take from your account and 'IN ERROR' follow through!

I have since gone through Vividwireless and the experience has been amazing!!! EASY, no contracts and lovely consultants!!

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Carrie, I can assure you the reviews on this site are from real customers and are unprompted. And yes, your experience was not the outcome either of us were looking for, we definitely agree.... read more »

Your summary: sounds plausible, although is not entirely accurate/truthful but thank you for taking the time to respond!

All the best for the future.

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Really happy that I got NBN with Mint!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

I just switched from Belong ADSL2+ to Mint FTTN. It's been a very pleasant experience I must say.

The whole transfer was done within a couple of weeks, with only a couple of hours down time, which certainly exceeded expectations. The service from sales to implementation is defintely first class and they keep you updated along the entire journey, something you don't get with the big names.

The only issues I had were my own issues with wifi interference in my house/area, which I have since fixed with a change to the modem/router settings.

The speed is 3 times faster than my old ADSL connection and I can now game lag free with no dropouts.

I highly recommend Mint and will be doing so to any who ask me. Thanks for the great sevice Mint, I really appreciate it. Also thanks to [name removed] who was a great help in getting everything sorted. Keep up the great work!!!

November 8th 2017 Update: I was duped by the overly positive reviews

So it started off well back in April 2017 when I wrote my original review. The service was working fast and lag free. Fast forward to about September and it became very slow and so laggy, making online games unplayable, especially during peak hour every night. Numerous emails to them resulted in the finger being pointed in my direction as the cause of the problem and no acknowledgment that there could be any kind of a problem on their end. Modem resets, even a new modem being sent did not fix the issue. I was told I was on the only customer having the issue, which I did not believe. I was also told that there were some upgrades planned, which seems funny to me that they planned to do upgrades that they did not need, as everything was allegedly perfect on their end. Eventually I was told that they will lodge a fault with the NBN, which I waited for over a week with no result. Smartest thing I did after this was to switch to Aussie Broadband and as I knew would happen, everything was back to how it should be. Very fast and lag free, even in peak hour. Proceed with caution and don't believe everything you see here, I was fooled. I would recommend to anyone considering Mint to go with Aussie Broadband instead, as I wish I had of done.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Danich, Great to hear the change over went smoothly, we do work very hard to keep everyone updated along the way and aim to make it as simple as possible. Also glad to hear the wifi channel chan... read more »

Mint Telecom Official

Hi Danich, As you know we conducted a thorough review of your fault, including when you were providing us with test results in off peak times (with no congestion anywhere on the network) that wer... read more »

The thing is none of that had changed from when it was working fine, so that leads to one explanation. Something on your end did, congestion or whatever, as it was fixed by changing the provider, ... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Disappointed NBN start!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

Applied for the 100 mps installation package with MINT in early March (when my area was ready for the new NBN layout). Was then told it'll be over a month of wait till 12th of April before NBN could spare the time to connect the inside of my home (even the house was already setup with the external facility).
Finally the day arrives. Was told I'll get an SMS or email from the installer a few days before hand stating the time. NADA on that. Enquiring with MINT gave me a time slot of 12 to 4 pm. So expectation was high as I waited at home all the way till 4pm with zero SMS or email contact from NBN.

Finally, the truck shows up at 4:50 pm! The guy comes in with mobile on the ear (was on the phone 2/3s of the time he was here). Tells me I cannot have the connection box close to my TV in the lounge room since the external connection was installed too far away!

Finally got internet up at around 7pm. Thinking this is going to be joy as I look forward to the 100 mps promised data download. First issue came as the "spinning wheel" continues on my internet download. Checking with several speed testing app reveals a speed of 8.5 mps download and 11 mps upload over Ethernet.

Checked with MINT and went through all possible confirmation points. But over the next few days, the highest I got from the modem was over 50 mps during one morning (4 am), which quickly dropping back below 20 mps at 6 am. A far cry so far from the 100 mps promised and paying for!

MINT tells me they've launched an CVC error request to NBN, but has no idea when they'll come around to checking (or fixing the situation).

It's probably not a fault of MINT, but surely doesn't give the consumer that's paying for the installation and highest monthly fee a very good feeling to the start of NBN era !

Got a reply from MINT before I went public with this review: I said "I am paying for the highest rate and getting the lowest rate" Reply from MINT: "at least you have service" !

Not good enough!

January 21st 2018 Update: Why are all ISPs failing their customers?

Following one year with MINT, I'm still very disappointed at the inability for them to provide much "service" as an internet service provider. 95% of the breakdowns are answered with "it's NBNs fault", there's nothing we can do about it, otherwise we will!". Which is worthless to the enduser. We really don't care which part of the middle or upper chain was the fault or cause, but we just want it fixed ASAP. I tried to check out other ISP for switch, but the comments from end users are same or even worse. Hence, it's like stuck with your bad ISP or go take a risk with a similar one or worse!!!

** just got a private message from MINT trying to stop me from publishing this review **

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Wil, We definitely agree it's not a great start to NBN for you. As we have already advised we unfortunately have no control over the installation process including delivery, or not, of sms' fr... read more »

thank you Michael. I understand there are points which are out of control of MINT. But as a consumer, all I know is MINT is the provider I paid installation cost, monthly fee etc. Hence, you are th... read more »

The inconsistence continues with the NBN.. 100/40 mps package but I'm hardly getting more than 15 mps download speed!

• 7 helpful votes

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2015

Signed up with Mint Telecom because the salesman told me it was $99 plus delivery to set it all up which included the modem and running a new phone line from the box outside to the inside of the house, then I was told it would cost an extra $350 to run the phone line. I cancelled the service because if they can't even get it right from the beginning what will it be like when I'm signed into a contract.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi David, we're sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Unfortunately sales people in the field don't have full access to network infrastructure information - that is why we check... read more »

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

The best customer service I have experienced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

The customer service was second to none, also the speed and price of mint is great for what we need it for.
Thank you Kelvin for all of your assistance.
Highly recommend

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nicole,
Glad to hear our service ethos has resonated with you.
Appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Wish I had found MINT TELECOM earlier.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

After a horrible service with Commander our business switched to Mint 2 months ago. If you want a stress free company to deal with with no overseas call centre Mint is the only telecom business to work with. Their answers to questions ether by phone or email are speedy and dealing with an Australian call centre is their biggest asset. Will be highly recommending Mint to other businesses and friends.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mark, Our aim is most certainly to ensure we are easy to reach and easy to deal with, so it's always fantastic to hear that shine though in feedback. Thank you for making the time to provide us... read more »

Best service ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Very honest company. I can always talk to the same person who has amazing customer service. They actually called me to tell me my internet was running slow the last couple of days and gave me tips on how to get it running back at the usual speed - I didn't even notice until the called to tell me!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Emma, Great to hear that all the extra little things that we do are appreciated - we definitely focus on service and making sure our customers are getting the maximum speeds that their service i... read more »

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

We have had Mint for 4 months now no issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

We have had Mint for 4 months now no issues (Unlimited 50/20). We previously were with Skymesh, they were also good, but more expensive. We briefly had Telstra and they were significantly slower. I spent most of the three weeks on the phone talking to someone overseas. The switch to Mint was a breath of fresh air. Still a bit slow in the evening, but I suspect that is the NBN not mint.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi PaulS, Great to hear the move went well and our service is shining through. Definitely reach out re speeds as we can always double check for you to see if there is anything we can do to improve... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

So freshing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I have been with Telstra for years and after several outages and getting the run around, we moved Mint due to their local presence and customer service focus. Its been seamless. Well done

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jarrod, We definitely focus on much more personal service compared to the big players like Telstra. Even better is that with the NBN we are able to deliver the same or better product, so there ... read more »

Coffs Harbour

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent costomer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Connection very reliable and fast with no dropouts at all. Fantastic customer support at their Australian based call centre. The best I have ever experienced. My new Voip phone service is also excellent. Very happy to be with Mint. Their communication is second to none!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Stella,
Thank you for your kind words.
You will only ever speak to us in Hobart, which we definitely believe makes us very easy to reach and to deal with.
Great to hear all is going well, including your phone service.

From Dodo to Mint

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I switched from Dodo to Mint, I had forgotten what real service actually is. Brilliant, prompt service with nothing being an issue or too hard and easy to contact when needed. I would strongly suggest anyone looking for a quality provider discuss their needs with Mint. Cant speak highly enough of these guys

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi DoofyDog,
We definitely focus very hard on being easy to reach and to deal with. Great to hear that shine through in your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know, it's much appreciated.

hobart

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Have recently joined Minttelecom from Active8me (ex boom migration) due to poor, unreliable service and account errors.
Outstanding service from Minttelecom, prompt and professional. Technical support was excellent and reconnection was established in less than 20hours.
Highly recommend Mint.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Andre,
Great to hear our service and support has shone through, we definitely focus very hard on that.
Welcome to Mint! And thanks for making the time to provide us with the feedback.

Longford

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fast connection and fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I signed up with Mint after having to switch from ADSL to NBN as the ADSL service was being switched off. I was with a large provider but wanted to research options as I didn’t want a 24 month contract and wanted an NBN100 connection. A friend recommended MINT and I checked them out. They do offer an NBN100 connection but advised me that I wouldn’t be able to access those speeds due to my location and connection. The other big companies I checked out offered that I could sign up on an NBN100 speed package, something that it impossible to achieve at my address.
I signed up with MINT due to their honestly.
I came home after work on a Friday night to find ADSL switched off and NBN on, only problem was I could’ get it to work. I emailed MINT who got straight back in touch and recommended that I contact them via Facebook so we could use messenger and I could send them pictures. It turns out my wall mounted phone socket had an ADSL splitter fitted on top, something I could never have know without sending a picture and the help and advice from MINT. Within no time, I had that removed and the line connected, they even helped me setup my modem. (I had purchased one due to the size of the house and one of the kids bedrooms is out the back so we wanted to ensure a good signal).
Connected in no time at all and haven’t experienced any issues., I work from home a lot, kids all game online and stream stuff (whatever kids do) and we all Netflix, we are on a low NBN speed due only to the infrastructure and our location, not due to MINT, but we haven’t had any dramas.
Fantastic supplier.
I’d recommend to anyone

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jacqui, We definitely do focus on recommending products specific to the capability of the address and each customers requirements - its definitely not one size fits all at Mint. And, great to he... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Do yourself a favour and make the switch to Mint.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Switching was effortless.

I was previously with Boom Broadband for 18 months I loved these guys based out of Melbourne always spoke to the same people the very few times I did call them. Unfortunately Boom sold their business off to Activ8me in Oct '18 and within a week I started to experience performance issues. So I called Mint ~3pm and by 8pm that day I was a new Mint customer switched over, surfing the web with good consistent speeds as promised.
You can't beat personalised service and Michael & Kelvin are a pleasure to deal with.

Highly recommended.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi dam375, Great to hear the onboarding process was effortless and you were up and running exactly as we both expected. Personal service is definitely what we aim for and it's always great to hear ... read more »

• 8 helpful votes

Mint Telecom - what an ISP should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I have recently changed from Telstra to Mint due to excessive dropouts and poor speed along with poor service. The difference is chalk and cheese. The service from Mint is excellent with local call centre. Very professional and quick service.I now have a working internet/phone which is what Telstra could not do in 6 months.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi J. R., We definitely aim for a different service experience to the larger providers, it's our primary point of difference. Obviously our experience to get you connected and ensure we deliver gr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Excellent customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Above all, the customer service was superb. Having left a large ISP due to dissatisfaction with their service, Mint was a breath of fresh air.

We live in a newly built house and had some issues with NBN/Telstra and the builder all making infrastructure related mistakes, Mint managed the process of rectifying this and advised us on how to get what we needed from all parties concerned.

Mint were recommended via several forums and Facebook groups and I can see why.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Josh, Great to hear that we managed to methodically work through the issues and get everything connected for you. Our years of experience really do help when things are outside of the normal pro... read more »

Wollongong

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great service, great performance and competitive pricing...what more could you want?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I recently moved from a different ISP to Mint Telecom. Their pre-sales support/information via live web chat was brilliant and allowed me to make a fully informed decision. The process of migrating from my old ISP to Mint was painless, fast and support team at Mint kept me fully informed all the way along.

After connecting, I immediately saw an improvement in both speed and latency which was a nice surprise, especially considering my monthly cost is lower with Mint that my previous ISP! Now that I've had a few weeks on Mint's service, the initial impressions have proved to be the normal performance level. I haven't seen any significant performance degradation during the evenings, or other times of day. With two teenagers in the house, this is quite a feat.

I highly recommend Mint for their personal service, attention to detail, performance and cost. They are not the biggest ISP, but with their mix of service/performance/price why would you want to go with a larger ISP? These guys have their customers' interests dialled in as their first priority and that has been a refreshing change.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi DiverJamesOz, Fantastic to hear our online chat helped with your decision making process, its a very popular way for customers to engage with us. We also definitely like to make sure there are n... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Dont bother with the big ones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Like Bunnings and Harvey Norman, the big companies waste your time and rip you off. Mint is small and gets on with the job. It DOES the job. Not like Optus and Telstra.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Joz, We definitely like to think of ourselves a little like the microbrew beer industry. There are always the giants, but there is also a lot of options within the smaller players to suit all ... read more »

HOBART

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Outstanding product and customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Having switched to Mint from another provider almost a year ago we have been blown away by the customer service and product that they supply! Sign on process was very easy and with a preconfigured modem delivered to our door, getting online was a breeze! Couldn't rate them more highly and would recommend them to anyone, being locally owned and operated is also a plus!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi AndyP, Great to hear that not only the process of getting onboard was fine but that 1 year on everything continues to work as we both expect it to. Whilst we operate nationally, we are proud Tas... read more »

1 of 13 pages