Filter By:

Beeliar

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great customer service, the old fashioned way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Our NBN connection with a telephone was easy to set up and we were supported 100% of the way. Our connection was reliable and better than before with very few dropouts, which is a big call for Beeliar, WA! Mint Telecom's customer service and support are excellent, they are helpful and everything just always felt easy. We have moved so sadly won't require their services anymore, however when we are again looking for a service, we have no doubt it will be with Mint Telecom. You guys rock!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Verdant, Glad to hear the service operated as we both expect and sorry to see you leave us! Hopefully we have you back with us in the future at some point. Thanks for taking the time to provid... read more »

Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

Based in Hobart, they provide an awesome old fashioned service that no one else that I can think of is equal to. Way to go Mint Telecom. I would hate Guly recommend them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mazza,
We definitely focus on the basics, so it's great to see that flow through.
Really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent customer service for a difficult install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

In switching from ADSL to FTTP NBN, I decided to have the cable laid underground. This choice was due to having three internet outages over the last three years due to tree damage to the phone line. This involved several interactions with NBN reps who repeatedly contradicted the previous NBN statement. Mint staff assisted at every step and helped me to understand what NBN were doing or saying, as NBN appear to have a policy of not talking to cutomers. Expecting that there may be difficulties with NBN, I decided to try MINT because of the great customer service reviews, and am very glad I did. The whole process would have been far more difficult without them.
Anyway, I now have a stable fast connection, and a local, friendly and responsive ISP. Very happy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Steve, The onboarding process can certainly be difficult with us very much playing the role of the middleman with no actual ability to do the installation for you (as that's NBN's responsibilit... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Mint has been a great discovery in amongst a crowded field of ISPs. The attention to detail in their customer service, easy setup and prompt response to any technical query is way better that I have experienced before.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jorge, It is quite amazing how many ISPs are out there now, but importantly they are not all the same and price is rarely the best guide for choosing one. We make sure our pricing is competitive... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Finally

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

WAs with Westnet ADSL no problem. Westnet became iinet , adsl became nbn. Trouble started. Multiple visits to inet to address problems (drop outs constantly) . About to go with Telstra as an existing business customer, was going to get priority treatment, connection in four weeks.
Mint came on my radar, cancelled iinet. Two days later i am up and running with all the assistance I required.
FANTASTIC

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Andrej. Certainly a lot of consolidation within the industry that has lead to a few changes in customer experience. Very glad to hear you found us and that our focus on service backed up with a ... read more »

Perth

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

No1 for service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

This is my main objective to have great superior service from a company who does talk to you on your
level who helps you to the finish line.
Quick service and excellent pricing.
Service is number 1

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Shane,
Glad to hear everything is working well and as it should and that our focus on service resonates with you.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback, it's definitely appreciated.

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

What sets Mint Telecom apart from the rest of the market is their customer service. It's such a relief to deal with friendly and helpful staff that are based locally. After 7 years with iiNet, I was fed up with dealing with a call centre overseas with staff that always put you on hold for hours and have. They were super helpful with the connection and Kelvin went over and above to make sure everything was all up and running. I'm very happy with their service!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rosa, Yes, we don't really look to do anything super special. We make sure our products work and you get the speeds you are after and we back that up with an experienced team operating out of Ho... read more »

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Reliable Internet Service & Great Customer Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

When Telstra decided to increase my monthly subscription, it was time to move as being a long standing loyal customer meant naught.
I read the reviews and was a bit skeptical but decided to take the plunge. Customer Service from Mint is excellent. Getting connected was simple and they kept me informed and I was connected in the time frame. Had a couple of small issues with joining but these were insignificant, especially since before I joined with Mint I had attempted to join Optus and the grief/anxiety they caused with a simple connection wasn't even imagineable.

I have now been with Mint for over 2 months and I couldn't be happier, especially since needing to be connected to internet is an extension of myself. Thank you Telstra for trying to increase my subscription and for Optus for stuffing me around, otherwise I would never have found Mint.

The customer service and the team at Mint are super and to speak to someone locally is an asset and to not wait hours on the phone to speak to a Telco - well priceless.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Felicia, Being viewed as "too good to be true" is certainly a good problem to have for us - definitely much better than the opposite end of the spectrum! We do also think operating from Hobart m... read more »

perth

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

These Guys are Awesome!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Can I buy shares in Mint?? Customer service from Mint has been a 10/10. Their prompt feedback and great service should leave the other providers red faced.!!
Getting connected was a breeze and in the time frame quoted.
Had a couple of small drop outs, but before Id even had the chance to notice them Kelvin had contacted me with his troubleshooting guns out and emailed through the remedy.
Kelvin contacted me to let me know the nbn was now available to my house and Im now in the process of what will no doubt be an easy switch.
This is how a business should be run. Fingers crossed they dont get bought out!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kobiachi, We're not for sale, so no worries there! Glad to hear you appreciate our proactive approach to service, we prefer to monitor and provide steps to fix where we see a service not workin... read more »

Excellent Service from Mint Telecom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

We are NBN connected with Mint Telecom. We were very impressed with the service afforded to us from Mint. Thank you Courtney. Nothing was too much trouble and we appreciated your patience We are very happy and it was a great decision to change to Mint..

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sue, Operating from Hobart we do think our service proposition is a little different to some others and is certainly something we are very proud of. Great to hear its all working well for you. T... read more »

Blackmans Bay, TAS

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Solid internet service with proactive customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Using NBN service for over a year.

Pricing and packages great and only 6mth initial contract term.

Great communication throughout the setup process, which was completed quickly and without issue.

Had started experiencing dropouts at one point (fault of old hardware at my end) and, before taking any action myself, was contacted by Kelvin who had noticed in the interrupted service and provided troubleshooting advice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rob, Great to hear its all working well. And yes, we are a little different to most in that we proactively review how services are performing and if we see drops we shoot you a note to check i... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Reliablity, Quality and Support- Thats what you get from Mint

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

When it comes to internet services, a customer will generally think about the big giant telecomms like Telstra, Optus, TPG, iiNet etc. A few problems with these giants are:

1. They are either expensive (E.G. Telstra - good customer service but most expensive) or,
2. They provide limited/restricted bandwidth (if not expensive) or,
3. Their customer service is poor or,
4. They do not provide the service that they promise/offered (dishonesty)

and most importantly,
5. On the off chance that you stall out amid the weekends/holidays, if your connection drops out or internet service disrupted, then you are totally DOOMED. Nobody is there to help you out.

Thinking about all the above situations, in the event that you need a dependable, fair, quality administration in a sensible cost and if you need some person to help you whenever you stall out, and on the off chance that you don't need any of the previously mentioned occurrences transpire, at that point the main decision would be Mint Telecomm. That is all I can tell about them.

I have taken ADSL from them. Now I've taken NBN (FTTP) service from them. Simply awesome .. as always !!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mic, Thanks for the comprehensive review! We do work hard on making sure our products do what they are meant to and obviously we think operating out of Hobart makes a big difference with our su... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Quick & customer focussed NBN connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

I am now NBN connected with Mint Telecom…yeah!! It only took Mint 1 week compared to no service at all after 13 weeks with Telstra. Thank you so much for your great service …it was with Daniel’s assistance that this connection was smooth! I have highly recommended both Mint & Daniel to all my friends & colleagues!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi HJX, Not sure why it took Telstra 13 weeks to achieve nothing.... But glad to hear we got it all fixed in 1 week. We do have a lot more experience than a typical telstra rep and as you have evid... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

NBN coverage for home. Reliable service and only made a couple of phone calls early on to set up connection and with adding phone service. I love that I speak to a local and they understand my problem and are able to help immediately! You rarely get personal service like that from an internet service provider!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sharon, You only ever speak to us in Hobart, so definitely local and definitely years of experience to make sure we deliver a product that works and that we can quickly help when problems arise.... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Thanks Mint Telecom!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

My connection is NBN Nude, and it is a strong, reliable connection, even though my property is an hour and a bit's drive out of the city of Hobart. The set up process was easy, fast and efficient. And no one does better customer service better than Mint. They listen to me, provide me with options, and are fast to take the action required. This week I had a problem with visitors guzzling my internet and needed to change my plan fast. Within 15 minutes problem sovled! Thanks Mint!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Karen, Great to hear your connection is working really well, we do setup the parts within our control to work as they should. We also like to ensure our customers are on the plan that suits the... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer

Amazing, professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Mint Telecom have far exceeded my expectations. They are quick to respond to phone calls or enquiries via email. From initial contact to installation of the NBN everything was streamlined and fuss-free. They are very affordable - and do what they say. They are based in Australia so no confusion when talking to them. Customer focus is uppermost in their minds and they make you feel like a person not a number.
I cannot sing their praises highly enough - we need more companies like Mint who never leave a bad taste in your mouth. A refreshing company for changing times.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Liss, We're definitely based in Australia, even if sometimes little ole Tassie is left off the map! Glad to hear you appreciate our focus on processes to make onboarding as effortless as possibl... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Stan is great very happy with the movies and the customer support I received was excellent ,can't complain.
Thanks heaps to the team.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lil,
We do pride ourselves on our customer service out of Hobart so great to hear you appreciate it.
Thanks for providing the feedback, its much appreciated.

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Signed up!!! Thank you Mint Telecome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Awesome service from Kelvin thank you so much the online chat was great and your answers were clear and straight to the point. Looking forward to receiving my modem in the posting thank you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kat,
Online chat is really convenient and we use it a lot. We're looking forward to getting you up and running.
Thanks for the review.

A breath of fresh air

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

What a breath of fresh air! The Mint Telecom team listened to the issues we experienced with our previous ISP and resolved them swiftly and professionally. We now enjoy efficient, competitive, customer-focussed service that is unparalleled in the market. Shop local – beyond comparison for quality of service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Katinka, We do pride ourselves on our experience and ability to work with our customers to fix problems as or if they arise. Really pleased to hear that this resonated through to you and you a... read more »

Rokeby

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

241Rewards program not a gimmick!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I have been with Mint for over a year now. When signing up the 241Rewards program was mentioned and I thought, oh yeah, it's just a gimmick and I won't be using that. On receiving a call from them during the year asking if I was going to use my rewards to go on a cruise, (or something else) from a very nice, respectful and not pushy salesperson, I went ahead with it. I was surprised at the price. It is literally two fares for the price of one. My first cruise, I took my twin sister with me for our birthday and we had a ball!!! I have paid for another year subscription and will be making use of the other rewards, definately. Thank you, Mint Telecom

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Chez, Your experience is definitely not uncommon. Something for free (as we provide new customers with 12 months complimentary access) is always viewed with a high degree of scepticism. As telc... read more »

3 of 11 pages