Review rating:
Filter By:

Toodyay

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Absolutely fabulous! In for the long haul if it stays like this.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

There is a reason these guys have such a high rating and that is because they deserve it. Kelvin and Michael were very helpful from the get-go. Our service with our previous ISP was going downhill fast and we needed an Internet Provider that had the runs on the board and had reliable Network partners and backup links. We were connected inside of 24 hours and our speed off the same NBN Fixed Wireless tower went from near dial-up speeds with our previous provider to almost the full 25/5 plan speeds with no drop-outs after reconfiguring our Router with the Mint Telecom login details. Just as good, our ping has reduced from 120ms to around 20ms average, what a vast improvement. That is just more icing on the cake. We highly recommend MINT TELECOM.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Waussie, We purposefully don't offer unlimited plans so that we can focus on delivering products that deliver the speeds customers seek and expect (albeit, 1200GB of downloads is pretty well un... read more »

HOBART

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Exceeded expectations.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Let me start with a little back story... I was a long time Internode customer (over 7 years) from ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2 Annex M through to NBN, My internod experience became rocky after TPG aquired their parent company (iiNet) and it was almost immediately apparent that this was the begging of the end, then came the massive Basslink outage which occurred 12 months ago It turned out that TPG had made the executive decision to keep a backup link of about 5% of the required bandwidth to run their two major brands in Tasmania (iiNet and Internode) and then told customers that they would simply have to suffer until Basslink was restored, this ended up being a major PR disaster and they quickly scrambled to secure additional bandwidth for the duration of the outage and save their relationship with the Tasmanian Government for which they had a contractual obligation (on public record) to meet certain service metrics.

I spent the next 10 months or so researching alternatives and waiting for a particular Telco to make their move into Tassie, a number of people I knew had made the leap to Mint Telecom, Telstra, iPrimus and Optus. Fast forward 10 months after waiting for the company to get their act together the finally arrived in Tassie, by this point I had decided to forgo a connection with them and moved to Mint Telecom.

I could not be happier, I will have saved about $400 a year with Mint Telecom just with the money I save month to month. I have twice the bandwidth and twice the data and VoIP phone at $26 a month less, the service speed is fantastic.

The sign up process was seamless and straight forward and the staff friendly and helpful.

For a local ISP with great service and a focus on service you will not do any better than Mint!

Kind Regards,
Jim.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jim, We certainly had a lot to live up to in order to meet expectations considering the research involved before you signed up. So very glad to hear we have delivered and met your expectations... read more »

Goulburn

• 1 comment

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Give the off-shore telco's the flick - these are the guys you want in your corner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

Where do I begin....?
After moving house on 5th Nov 2016 from where we had an ADSL connection, to a premises with an NBN FTTP "available" network, where no connection had previously been attempted, our existing ISP couldn't get us connected to the NBN after 7 weeks. They were told by NBN Co. that the issue was with our equipment; modem, laptop, etc., not theirs and Westnet refused to do anything further about it - all the way from Cape Town, South Africa!
So after much frustration and out of utter desperation, I searched the internet and came across this page, and seeing how many positive reviews Mint Telecom had received, I contacted them to ask if they would go the distance where Westnet would not!
Kelvin was my first point of contact and he made a promise that he would get us connected ... this promise was made on 23rd December 2016!
Kelvin and the Mint team have done everything in their power and kept on NBN Co's case, convinced that the issue was at their end and not ours. Due to his sheer tenacity and getting our case escalated to NBN Co's top engineers, Kelvin kept his promise and got us connected 2nd March 2017! While this ended up taking nearly 4 months to achieve, at no point did Mint Telecom give up trying to get us connected. Nor did they charge us for all of their time and effort in doing so.
The big telco's might have free Fetch tv or Netflix or some other lure to get your business, but at the end of the day I believe it comes down to how you treat your customers!
Kelvin and the team at Mint Telecom, you guys are awesome and we thank you so very much for all of your efforts. I can't recommend Mint highly enough! A++++++

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Chalkette, Simply put we are so pleased you have finally got a working service. There is no doubt it was NOT the normal fault process and we had to have senior engineers from both sides working... read more »

If you sell out to the big guys I'll be furious, just so you know! LOL

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Exceptional service from Mint.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Mint was recommended and proved to be effective and efficient with connection and assistance in every way. The change over from our old provider to Mint NBN Nude 25/5 100GB was done in an afternoon and the Customer support by providing explanation, advice and assistance was exceptional.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Billie, The great thing about NBN (apart from speeds and reliability) is it is very fast to get setup and operational when you have all the relevant equipment already installed. Glad to hear all... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Excellent customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I saw the many positive reviews and, despite taking review sites with a grain of salt, thought I'd give Mint Telecom a try.

I'm on the Mint Nude ADSL2+ plan, swapping from Exetel who I had been with for a number of years. Moved due to the restrictive ADSL2+ plans they now offer - particularly for those who are considered 'regional'.

The process to move to Mint was really quick. Mint took care of the swap via churn which was done smoothly and with no extra cost - always a bonus. Note to others: don't cancel your contract with your current ISP, let your new one (in this case Mint) do this otherwise you'll be slugged with connection fees courtesy of the network provider.

I did have a few issues at first with connectivity/speed however Kelvin, who had been helping me from the start, was able to sort these out really quickly and since then have had nothing but good results. I have now been using Mint for just over a month and couldn't be happier.

Again, like many others on here, I'd like to thank Kelvin for his help throughout this process. A happy (real) customer here.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Paul, Great tip with regard to how ADSL and phone services transfer between providers. You definitely don't want to cancel as that prevents us from moving the service and means we have to activ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Product - Service - Efficient - Friendly - Knowledgeable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

NBN customer who wanted a seamless, efficient, reliable service. DONE. Backup team is great. Billing is easy. Absolutely Excellent !! Easy to recommend Mint !!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Pedro,
Thanks for taking the time to provide the recommendation and feedback. Very pleased to hear everything has worked as it should.

Geelong

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Amazing service at a good price, can't fault them.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I am on ADSL2+, swapping over from exetel to them took 2 days, phone line from telstra took 3 days.
90% of other providers told me they could not provide the service due to the fact that my property is serviced by a tophat rim (old pair gain modification), Mint looked into it and had no issues providing me both phone line rental and broadband.

I also had an issue on my line causing low sync speeds, they had a telstra tech out in less than 2 days, who sorted out the problem, and the follow up from Mint customer service was exceptional, personally interested in the fault.
Credit where credits due the telstra tech was spot on, very knowledgeable and fixed the issue very quickly (which required multiple trips to the exchange).

Big thank you to Kelvin, who I dealt with for most of the process, great job :D

To be honest I didn't think service like this still existed in an ISP/telephone provider. One absolutely happy customer here, you won't find a better provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Dan, Pretty good result all around it seems. Telstra weren't initially keen to send a tech but luckily you were happy to push ahead so we were able to ensure they did send a tech as all indicat... read more »

Thanks for your help too, I forgot your name, as I said fantastic all round result.

Exceptional customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I recently moved house, and tried to move my connection with me (under iinet). Unfortunately the switch did not go smoothly, and when I tried to rectify this matter with Iinet, I felt badly let down by the level of service i received in general. So, I had a look around, and was encouraged with the reviews I had read regarding Mint telecom.

I decided to give them a call, and got through to Grant. Straight away I was impressed with the time taken to understand and look into my problem, all prior to me even saying I would sign up. So I decided to take the plunge and connect my home service via them. We ran into the same problems with connection (ADSL) that I had with Iinet, however Grant quickly identified the problem, and was very proactive in sorting it out. He kept me informed all the way through the connection process, and got me connected within about a week, where I had spent 2-3 weeks with Iinet getting nowhere.

I spoke to another couple of guys at the Mint office, Kelvin and Michael, who were both very helpful as well.
My recommendation to anyone out there who is looking to change service, look strongly at Mint for exceptional customer service. I don't think you will be disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Graham, Very glad to hear all is up and running. Certainly not the usual onboarding experience, however whilst Mint is relatively new (circa 2 years now) we have all been doing this for a very ... read more »

Hobart

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great speed, Great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I’ve been with Mint Telecom for almost a year now, service has been fantastic, and I’ve made use of the rewards program to grab some amazingly cheap cases of wine – great little bonus!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Simon, Glad to hear you've taken advantage of our exclusive rewards program that we currently provide 12 mths access to for free! The wine is sensational value with the current special being pu... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Very satisfied, they have been very helpful and knowledgeable. Mint customer care were quick to get me connected, willing to tackle a situation outside normal setup. My NBN connection was running well within the timeframes they gave me. The connection is fast and stable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Smee, We are very lucky to have a senior team with well over 30 years plus experience in the industry, we think it makes a difference for our customers. Glad to hear all is working well for y... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Couldn't have asked for better service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

After a nightmare month of no internet getting mucked around by the 'big' telecoms, we decided to check out MINT after reading so many positive reviews and they could not have been more accurate. Michael at MINT was able to help us every step of the way and had us connected and online just 2 hours after we had contacted him! Something we thought was impossible. We could not be happier with the service and the speeds so far are brilliant, looking forward to further enjoying this great service from a great company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Liam, When the infrastructure is already in place the connection process is really quick as long as the computers all talk to each other correctly, now and then they misbehave, but mostly its a ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Brilliant Service and Fantastic Pricing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

From the very first enquiry to connection the service has been amazing. Everything has been efficient and easy to understand. We have had no problem with connection at all and we are on the slowest NBN speed. When the kids unplugged everything and I needed some advice to set it back up the response was quick and friendly. Can't fault them!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Charlotte, There is nothing wrong with a 12/1 speed, it's fast enough to stream HD video and suits the needs for many families as you've evidenced. NBN is all about picking the speed and plan t... read more »

• 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I got ADSL connected 2 months ago and it was very quick, only a couple of days. That was after being told by other providers that there wasn't even a spare port available to get connected. Connection is great, no problems whatsoever, with really quick turnaround time from any querys.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ozworld, Strange that others advised they couldn't connect you. We do have direct access into Telstra's systems for orders and faults, so that does enable us to provide you with accurate inform... read more »

Sandy Bay

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Above and beyond

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I first contacted Mint during the Bass cable outage when my then provider (Internode) had left their Tasmanian customers in the lurch. I wasn't able to switch to Mint then, but was incredibly impressed with all the help they gave me and how friendly their service was.

When the NBN became available at my address I contacted Mint again and got connected very quickly. They really are a find: super efficient, very prompt (they reply to emails after hours and on weekends!), and they have amazing service. I can't recommend them enough.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sabine, The Bass link cable certainly caused a lot of problems for a lot of customers of certain ISPs. Whilst we weren't impacted and were unable to move you at the time its great to finally ha... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent Customer Service and Does the Job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I have a NBN connection, the process was really quick. I've had the internet for a couple of weeks now and can't fault the connection. Customer Service responded instantly to my concerns, the best I've experienced. Thanks Michael

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Chettle,
Glad to hear the service is working as we both expect it to.
Operating out of Hobart we're pretty easy to get hold of and to deal with.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Outstanding!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Cannot praise Mints service highly enough. Fed up with other telco companies with crappy customer service and never ending on hold phone calls for internet issues I decided to look around and came across Mint Telecom. It took one week from my first phone call to having internet connected. Mint contacted me via txt every step of the way so I knew exactly what was happening. So refreshing to be with a telco company that values its customers.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kbo,
We focus quite hard on making sure our customers are kept informed of the progress of their orders so its pleasing to hear this is appreciated and effective.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Excellent provider. Supreme service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I have been with Mint for about 6 months now. I have never had any issues. A text service to advise of an outage once (which was due to a storm) was convenient. I have the 100 gig NBN plan which is adequate for me. The connection is very reliable and customer service was great in relation to setting up my connection initially as I am not very tech savvy. Highly recommended.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lenny, We do only count downloads in our quotas so 100GB is often enough for most people. Glad to hear the setup process was easy and the service is working as we both expect it to. Thanks fo... read more »

Awesome, friendly and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

This company may be small, but it's the best internet provider service I've had - friendly, helpful support and customer first attitude.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sebastien,
We certainly focus very heavily on our customer service and support, so its pleasing to see that you appreciate our efforts.
Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback for us.

Best Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

After being stranded from another provider as a new customer, just enquired with Mint on what options existed. The consultant who helped initially gave out detailed info not even ask instilling more confidence if having to choose them. Next day decided to talk more and within minutes Kelvin helped in answering most questions, fantastic attitude! Signed up with them knowing there was not much chance of getting the product and would need to get basic adsl only but Kelvin surprised with gaining the adsl2+ port (only one available then) for us and got all the other things sorted in no time. Had our internet up and running before we even moved in and setting up was a breeze. He even checked if everything was going ok, what more could you ask for! Warm, efficient and helpful people!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Anie, We do like to check all the options at your address as much as we can before we order anything, as for new adsl connections it's unfortunately not as simple as placing an order to get the... read more »

Box Hill South

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Service that it second to none

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

I swapped from Telstra to Mint after reading reviews here and on other forums. Telstra offered me zero for loyalty over years and when moving to a new address wanted to charge for pretty much everything and anything they could. Considering any issue had with Telstra results in lengthy waits, ambiguous 'fixes' and second rate service, I was ready to jump ship. I have not looked back with Mint - we had a small line issue (not Mints fault) and was emailed before I realised our internet was down asking if everything was ok as Mint noticed we were offline. I then had realtime messaging until 11:30pm and had plenty of followup messages to assist. When the line was fixed of course I got a message from Mint to tell me that it was up and running. Its this kind of service that is unique in ANY business nowadays, and for that I am happy to recommend Mint to everyone. Well done Michael and Kelvin on a top notch business - wishing you future success!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi SG3, We do like to be proactive and make sure our customers services are working as we both expect. Sometimes its outside of our control, but our experience does often help us to get things fix... read more »

4 of 7 pages