Review rating:
Filter By:

Hobart

An exemplary ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Before we moved to Tasmania 3 months ago I organised to have an internet connection set up at the property we rented. There were a few issues regarding getting the service number for the property as the owner was overseas but once we had that then the process was extrememly smooth and we had the internet up and running the morning after we moved in. Initially elected for the 50/20 plan and was advised that as the NBN was new in the area we may have problems getting that speed. We best rate we got was 29/7 in the first month so we switched to the 25/5 plan with no questions asked. The connection has been flawless and I have full confidence that Mint will deal with any problems if they arise.

I have experience dealing with Telstra for over 40 years and am happy to have "Telstra free life" here in Tasmania with Mint. We will shortly be moving to our new house which has FTTP so will be looking forward to the 100/40 plan. The NBN needs to do the installation at the property so that could be interesting but I am certain that Mint will be both contactable and willing to resolve any issues.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi David, We do work hard on our onboarding experience so pleased to here that it all went well. Re the FTTP move, we will definitely be there to help. It is important to note that the installatio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Best connection ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Great service, great people to deal with. We are very happy & recommend this company above all others. No fuss & great to have a local company with real Aussies to deal with.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rodinna,
Operating out of Hobart we think makes a massive difference, so pleased to hear that resonant through to you.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback, its much appreciated.

Too easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Customer service with Mint Telecom has been excellent. The change over was so easy. The reviews I read before I signed up have been accurate. It's pleasing to be with such a reliable provider.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Granny, We do work really hard on making the onboarding process as simple as possible. From fully preconfigured, plug and play, modems right through to full colour step by step instructions whe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Awesome!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

I found Mint when looking here after seeing ad for My Republic. Disastrous, according to reviews who mostly suggested MINT. I used their online chat and when i had more questions Grant phoned me and spent over an hour helping me sort out options (i have a brain injury so don't do so well with complicated things)
I had issues with the nbnco (box was connected but not working! and no way to find out why) and Grant and Michael (head honcho!!) were brilliant in sorting that out. Took NBN 10 days to finally iron out their issues!!
I can't say enough good things about the Mint service and people

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Deborah, Online chat is certainly an easy way to reach us to quickly get some answers and then the old fashioned phone call is always just fine to elaborate on any point. Very glad to get your s... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

From initial contact on facebook regarding info on availalabilty and pricing they have been great, good service is hard to find these days but these blokes know how its done from initial enquiry to contract signing to install

They answered all my question quickly and accurately and were eager to help in any way possible, from modem specs to helping with questions after the NBN install

Cant knock the service so far at all but now activated ill report back on speeds

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Steve,
We do focus on our experience and service from Hobart being our point of difference, so its always fantastic to get feedback that recognises and appreciates that.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback.

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Simply Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Another 5 star review for this company, which indeed delivers as it promises! I got nbn in my neighbourhood recently and the ISP which had been supplying ADSL2+ service to my residence [a good service I must admit, after having had to deal with a couple of other ISPs which were great in advertising but poor in delivering] connected me to nbn. During daytime the speeds were close enough to what had been set as part of the plan and contract, but in the evenings [peak usage times specially], the downstream speed would fluctuate a lot, even to the levels well below what I was getting on my ADSL2+ plan! After having read the reviews on here about Mint Telecom, and whilst being rather hesitant at first, I decided to give them a go. Their customer service is one of the best ever; they go well out of their way to make sure everything happens quickly. The speed is consistently and remarkably very close to what I was told I would get. They don't have email service provision, but considering the major free email service providers on the Internet, that was the least of my worries. They certainly deserve the 5-star reviews they receive on here! My only concern is that if more and more people join them, will their speed consistency and reliability remain as is? One way or another, I'm simply rapt now with everything! Thank you Mint.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Farid, Very pleased to here everything is working as it should. Based upon our years of experience in the industry and the business being relatively new (we are a bit over 2 years old now) we ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

After 3 1/2 weeks of internet outage with iinet, and going round in circles with customer support, contacted Mint and Kelvin got me transferred to Mint, setup and watching Netflix again the same day. Brilliant service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Warwick, Our point of difference really is our service and our experience. You deal with us directly in Hobart, no shuffling around, and we have years of experience in the industry. No idea ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Amazing customer service, efficiency & speed. How ISP's should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Decided on Mint Telecom after hours of research on review sites, had never heard of them before so was a bit unsure as to how they would be.

Any worries I had were unfounded. I requested that the service be switched on on the date that I was to move into a new rental. This has been impossible before (according to other ISP's) so I wasn't sure how accurate the promise would be. I had no reason to fear, the line was re-activated, the ADSL2+ service was connected, and the new modem arrived, all before move in date, all within 7 working days of my initial service request.

2 weeks in, and the connection is amazing, I'm experiencing the best connection quality and speeds I've ever had. I've only had to contact support the once, and that was at set-up; I'd chosen a new password when setting up my account, and the modem had come pre-loaded with the automatically generated password. Despite it being after-hours (Saturday morning) I left a message on the support line, and was over the moon to receive a call back in less than 20 minutes, from an Australian-based support officer no less! Within 10 minutes of troubleshooting, my internet connection was up and running, and I haven't experienced any drop-outs or drops in download speeds.

Beyond happy, after continuous disappointments by every other ISP I've used, Mint Telecom have exceeded my already very high standards of customer service and technical support. Mint will be the only ISP I recommend to friends and family.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Brendan, Whilst the business has only been around for a bit over 2 years, we have years of experience in the industry (well over 30+ years combined) which we think makes a big difference with r... read more »

Melbourne

Brilliant Customer Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

After being incredibly frustrated with one of the major suppliers, we moved to Mint. And what a move! I'll be the first one to admit that I am a complete luddite and needed a lot of support in the changeover. Mint' s customer service was exceptional from beginning to end. Kelvin had me connected to the NBN within 24 hours. He took me through the setup process and was incredibly patient, efficient and clear. It is so nice to actually have customer service again! I highly recommend this Tasmanian business to all the other luddites who exist and anyone else who wants a service that delivers.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Alison, You are certainly not on your own with regard to being a luddite. Moving to nbn can be daunting for some people which is why we preconfigure our modems so there is no setup (beyond plu... read more »

Perth

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great, straight forward service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Shifted from ADSL2+ with IInet straight to Mint Telecom after reading extensive reviews here on various ISPs.

I was thrilled to be connected and running exactly 7 days after making the phone call to Mint Telecom and signing up. The modem arrived the day before the scheduled NBN technician arrived.

I went from having an unstable 3 MBPS ADSL connection to 23MBPS (25MPS plan) on the FTTN. Obviously distance from the node has some bearing on the speed; I worked out I am close to 500m from the node. Mint is great because they don't offer unlimited downloads, so there won't be some turkey(s) chewing up their cvc subscriptions and causing congestion for others. Even at peak hours the speed remains consistent.

I was expecting to be disappointed with the NBN because there are so many wingers on the local Seville Grove community pages about the NBN but for me it has been a quantum leap forward.

There have been absolutely no hiccups. I'd happily recommend Mint Telecom to others.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nev, In general a move to NBN is always the best idea, its far better than ADSL. Obviously if you are on a FTTN connection there is still the existing copper that does influence your service, b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Best Isp

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Changed to Mint after recommendation from a friend.Best decision ever. Excellent client service. Unlike other ISPs, the people you speak to have the ability and authority to handle queries rather than ridiculous escalation processes by ISPs.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi James,
With our experience across the entire team there is rarely a need for us to transfer to others and that is something we work very hard on.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Personal service second to none

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

These guys are the best! I had a terrible customer service experience with my previous ISP and was looking to change. Mint was recommended by a friend. I signed up my business right away, and soon after my home as well, and soon after that in a small rental property. So I now have 3 accounts with them (all in Hobart, all NBN) and been so amazed and surprised at just how good they are. The connection is excellent/super fast/no dropouts and the customer service is even better!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kelly,
We work really hard on our service so its great to hear that resonate for you and even better that you came to us through a referral from a friend.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Wow what service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Mint from the start have been personal, professional and completely trustworthy. Thanks Kelvin who makes me feel that there is never a silly question. Well done!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Tracey, We believe that operating from Hobart does allow us to offer a much more personal service and we definitely appreciate that NBN, in particular, can be quite daunting and confusing for ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Couldn't be happier with mint, went out out of their way both houses we have been in to connect us in difficult circumstances!

If your in Tas why aren't you using them, they are local and easy to deal with

10 stars!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Beau, We are always up for the challenge to get a service connected for our customers and certainly appreciate the support of locals but we do also operate nationwide and have many customers in ... read more »

• 18 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 35 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Mint Deliver What They Say They Deliver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I think Mint’s values shine blindingly bright comapred with almost all other ISPs. Number one value is customer service and it's one criteria that is becoming a key purchasing criteria for users if the reviews on Product Review mean anything. There are very few peers in that space, but most of the big players - (admittedly, they have a greater breadth of plans), deliver a wretched customer experience. I'm yet to see anyone selling NBN on an unlimited plan that doesn't have terrible reviews with complaints about speeds in peak times.

Kelvin Prince from Mint said that, “Commercially it's not possible to do at some of the price points offered plus purchase enough bandwidth so that your customers get good speeds in the evening. More plan options are something we'll consider as they become available, but at the moment we can only control what we can control - so that's making sure that if someone calls us, the call is answered, if they email they get a reply and that the person they speak to has the expertise to help.”

I chose to trial Mint for six months to see how I like the Mint experience.

When I look back over the time from sacking iinet (for precisely the reasons Kelvin points I have to concure 100% - Mint is an altogether different experience. A positive and rather brilliant experience.

I experienced some set-up issues. My only reflection there was wondering why Mint don’t cast about for a more modern and capable router such as the brilliant Linksys series or the D-Link Talkbox 2800 VOIP router. The interface makes it relatively easy with each of those for a customer to see what is afoot if something has gone wrong – the NF 10 and NF 17 Netcomm routers rely totally on Mint connecting to a customer’s computer and network to do the set up id there is an issue.

Set up experience and download volume aside, the Mint experience has been excellent, particularly being able to get intelligent and mature responses to questions and staying with me always for the two weeks it took to set it up.

My Direct Experience Score:
Kelvin Prince – five stars.
Mint – four stars

iinet – 1 star
iinet support staff – 0 stars.

TOTAL
Mint – 9/10
iinet – 1/10

Mint wins hands down in the real world. Real download speeds and real support.

Now with a few more download volume options - ie 200GB and 500Gb - for competetive prices, I can see Mint earning the same loyalty I gave iinet since 2003 (14 years) before TPG screwed iinet over and turned the business into a cash cow which TPG are continuing to milk dry.

Trust Mint. I did and I am so very glad I did. Mint actually deliver what they say they deliver, unlike iinet.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Scrivener, We do focus heavily on old fashioned service and delivering products that do what we say they will do, so its really pleasing when that flows through and is recognised by our customer... read more »

Mint ALWAYS take the trouble to answer with perfectly clear and targeted explanations - and they very courteously overlook silly typos (mea culpa) and thanks.

Koumala, Central Queensland

• 1 answer

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Wow, wow, wow. Amazing Customer Service is BACK!. You won't be dissapointed! Mint is "Mint!"

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

So, i have had NBN Fixed Wireless Internet for over 3 Years now, and had lots of trouble dealing with 2-3 different ISP's over this time. Multiple Faults, slow servers, customer service poor, painful overseas call centres, long wait times on the phone etc. I really didn't think a good functioning ISP existed anymore, so i dug deep on a few google searches on a Sunday afternoon, and fount Mint Telecom. Never heard of them, so I sent a message asking if they provided service to my area, and was answered within 30 Minutes via email! On a Sunday afternoon?? Yep, Wow, i was impressed. What was more impressive was this was directly from the Managing Director / CEO of Mint Telecom, Michael, on a Sunday arvo?! Yes, that's right, straight from the top! As a shift worker, it was hard to call during business hours on Monday to signup, so Michael called me after 8pm on a Monday night to have me signed up! This, in my opinion is amazing service, i was very impressed. By Wednesday i was online, and was a seamless changeover from the previous ISP. I highly recommend MINT TELECOM!
6 Months have passed now, and i have not had 1 issue with Mint, only a minor NBN fault, but Michael was very responsive in pushing NBN to resolve the issue, and quickly. It's that personal touch you get from a CEO of an ISP that really impresses me the most, and they have brought back, how customer servie should be.
I have now had Several friends and family signup with MINT and Grant & Kelvin of MINT are also really great to deal with, top blokes!! The bonus too with referring your friends and family is, you get a $50 Credit on your Bill for every referral and so do they! Can't go wrong there... :)

So in-conclusion, This is a true, genuine opinion, and review of this company, and i really praise the Team for their great effort in making the ISP trustworthy, and reliable again!

Thanks, MINT TELECOM #1 happiest customer......

NBN Fixed Wireless at 50/20 Speed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Neil, A lot of people do ask about our call centre hours being 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri, however we respond to customers at all times as long as we are awake! We also spend a lot of time to ensure t... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

I am with Mint 6 months now all good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
I am a local Computer Guru, Mint Telecom is the best!!
As a local computer guru in the north of Melbourne
I have investigated all NBN ISP`s for the last 6 months.
And leave my comments on Product review, see TPG, iiNET, Westnet.
I am on FTTN 50/20 and it is flying!!
I am a very happy customer and have no hesitation recommending them to anyone who is looking for an Aussie provider with onshore support, A PRE-SET ROUTER connect and off you go and 6 months contract for peace off mind. Mint Telecom they tick all the boxes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Adrian, It is certainly the case that not all NBN providers are the same with regard to the product. We spend a lot of time to make sure what we provide works for our customers as its very imp... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

It was an amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Nothing better to get the experiences with Mint telecom, especially with Mr. Kelvin - the Mint'ss customer care manager from every single email, question, requirement...
After longtime could not get the internet and phone, I found Mint, and he processed very fast, clear, great communication and effectiveness. After 2 weeks, everything settle down, and if I keep the last same company, may be next 2 months can not get.
Now I enjoy to use the internet service, and I learn a lot of management, communication, solution and It makes sinificant result
Thanks again Kelvin and his team

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Bill, Very pleased to hear your service is up and running correctly. We do collectively have over 30 years experience in the industry which we think makes a big difference in our ability to get ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

After been a long standing Telstra customer I gave 2 weeks notice for them to connect the NBN. Arriving at my new address to no connect, I was told it would take 6 to 8 WEEKS and I had to wait for a case manager as we were a business. The NBN box was already attached to the house. After hearing nothing from Telstra for another 2 weeks I made to decision to look around. Thank goodness I did. Enter Mint Telecom and Kelvin. My property was connected within 3 hours and we were live. I cannot express how appreciative I am with the service Kelvin has given me. Nothing was a problem, extremely professional and patient and answered all the questions I needed to know. Now our business is up and running again and the speed is brilliant. I cannot recommend Mint Telecom highly enough.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Bern, Its certainly odd that others couldn't activate your service when everything was all installed and ready to go. We do have a lot of years experience in the industry and it can be a differ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent customer service, speed & reliability

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

I chose Mint for my home NBN connection in Tasmania around 10 months ago and have not been disappointed. I wanted to support a local Tasmanian business and also take advantage of Mint's quality backhaul to the mainland. Michael and his team have always been highly responsive - I was prompted to write this review after having gone over quota on Sunday, slowing my connection. I asked Mint for options and was replied to within a matter of minutes and the quota issue was resolved within 20 minutes.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nick, Whilst we do send updates at 50%, 85% and 100% of usage, its a very simple and quick fix to change quota's for customers - even on a Sunday. Whilst the call centre may only be open on wee... read more »

4 of 9 pages