Filter By:

Outstanding Service and very fast reliable Internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

NBN Internet Wired
Speed 50/20
Extremely reliable connection - Outages were easily resolved and No disconnection issues that were the fault of Mint Telecom.
I was originally on 100/50 but Mint suggested 50/20 as my needs didn't require the higher speed. They focus on the customer and not the bottom profit which is extremely nice to see in a telecommunications company.

Extremely satisfied with Mint Telecom. I have been with them for nearly 2 years and would highly recommend them to any friends or family. They are easily to communicate with, based in Hobart Tasmania and have only Local Support. You will either speak with the Owner of the company of a few local staff who know who you are each time you speak with them. I never needed to answer a heap of questions, they knew my voice, after speaking with them for changes to my account.
They are easily contactable via Facebook as well and will answer normally with in a couple minutes.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi T&Nash,
Operating out of Hobart is definitely our biggest point of difference (that and our years of experience in the industry).
Glad to hear everything is working well and really appreciate the feedback and support.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Exceed expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

A little issue with my initial setup but Michael’s support was solid. Was not expecting such good support from a telco. Once connected everything is a bliss. It did disconnect momentarily once in the last 30 days since activation but otherwise the speed is excellent (25/5). I used the service to connect my security system, so far so good. Highly recommended

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Lester,
We are quite persistent and will keep working to get things fixed, albeit that does require patience from both sides as tech problems are always frustrating.
Glad to hear it's all going well and appreciate your feedback.

Hobart

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

All went smoothly and on time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Mint preconfigured my modem which arrived a couple of days before the nbn appointment. The nbn technician arrived on time and was done in less than half an hour. Plugged the modem in and worked immediately. Mint had sent me precise instructions for connecting the landline and once again all went smoothly. As a non techie it was so easy. The feel good factor is that I am supporting a Tassie company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi MAJ, If you're not very techie our modems are always the best bet, as not only do they arrive pre-configured but we are also more familiar with our modems than other models. Glad to hear the ini... read more »

• 4 answers

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The no brainer for Tasmanians.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Excellent and quick customer service from Gerald and Michael. Consistent & steady speed on speedtest.net. It should be the go to choice for Taswegians, not only for the reasons above but to support our locals businesses.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Simon,
Definitely appreciate the support and parochialism! We're certainly proud to operate out of Hobart even though we do provide services nationally.
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mint Telecom was an absolute life saver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Came to a Mint because of Michael (I read all
his responses below lol to questions from customers which seemed helpful) and also thanks to recommendations by others on this site.
Will stay due to simply awesome service delivery and the entire customer service team. Super reliable. No dropouts. Customer Service is straight up fast and awesome, all Australians on phone that you can actually understand. There one mission is make sure you have NBN working as well as it can for you.
Some hassels getting connected - not Mints fault - Mint sorted very very quickly and kicked NBN Co in the pants for me.
I also bought a crazy modem (D-Link 5300 Cobra) and even though it was only out on the market for 2 weeks, they researched it and helped with all settings .

Definitely chose Mint.

Oh!!! They also don’t over sell and congest.

Thanks guys!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Colette, Glad I helped a little in the process! Very frustrating for all of us when NBN Co don't install correctly, but we are very persistent and will keep chasing them until it is fixed. W... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Exceptional customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Changing to Mint was a certain as soon as Telstra decided to admit they couldn’t meet the speeds they promised in my contract! Their service has been exceptional. They discussed my requirements before I connected, reviewed my usage and what devices I would be running at any particular time and directed me to the best plan to suit my requirements. Connection time was excellent, no waiting for weeks for a rep to get in touch and visit! Everything was up and running in less than 24hrs from my first initial contact – new modem delivered and everything! Process was simple, done within a few hours and over the phone! I had a couple of queries with modem set up and they were more than helpful, contacting me as to when was convenient to chat and they even allowed me to pop down the phone while I attended my baby, they made sure everything was up and running before finalising the call! They even followed up the next today to ensure things were still on track and to my expectation! Highly recommend Mint to anyone wanting to look for a new NBN provider! They are honest and only sign you up for what you need! Support a local!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kristie, Unlike some other providers that have been in the news of late for signing customers to speeds they can't get, we always review what speed estimate a customer can get before we connect ... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Decided to contact Mint based on the reviews. So pleased I did! Very helpful from the first phone call, happy to answer all of my questions, not matter how trivial they were. Followed up on a query too. Very good contact, advising what was going to happen when. Connection occurred quickly and on time. Excellent customer focus and service. Well done team. Congratulations and keep it up.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi GD,
Thanks for the great review! As you've experienced we focus very hard on our service and making sure our onboarding experience is as simple as we can possibly make it.
Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated.

Brisbane

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

The CEO and Staff at Mint Telecom are incredibly focused on Customer Service.
They have been helpful, patient, supportive, honest and technically competent, without fault.

The copper connection to the house has been a 'basket case' for nearly two decades and it was recommended that the F.T.T.N. 'switch-over' start on the 12/1 package to see how it goes.

When there's little congestion, speeds are approximately 11/1. Three times faster than with ADSL 2+, and about the best achievable at present.

What more could anybody ask for in a supplier?

P.S. They're an Australian Company, where staff are based, and work, in Australia.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi William, We do work very hard on our service and making sure our products work. Glad to hear yours is all setup and running and whilst we'd all love it to be faster, we can have some comfort tha... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Mint were fast, efficient and very helpful in helping us select the best set up for our internet needs. Both Courtney and Grant were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend Mint Telecom to everyone.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Renee, We definitely make sure we review each customers requirements to ensure we are starting them off on the best plan for their specific needs, so really pleased to hear that was appreciated.... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Very slow download speeds!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Staff are polite and professional, but the internet speed I have been experiencing on average 12-15 Mbps download with well below the minimum 25 Mbps the NBN co technician estimated I should expect. The excuses and justifications from Mint staff are not credible.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Evan, Really sorry to hear your speeds are not performing to what we'd both like. Fibre to the Node speeds are estimates and we do deliver the speed available and can easily get the actual dist... read more »

Adelaide

they passed my tests

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Before signing up with a provider I rang several, pretending to be a customer and wanting to get through to their support. I got support from Mint in less than 2 minutes only having to listen to one lot of menu options. The bloke (Aussie) that I spoke to gave me honest answers to a couple of curly questions to which I already knew the answers. They connected me within a fortnight and the couple of times I've had questions I've gotten through to support immediately, spoken to someone with an Aussie accent and been given immediate aid. It doesn't get better than that. In comparison, when I tried my little evaluation on "the biggest" provider it took two days to get through, they hung up on ring backs, one of which was at 2am, after I'd left my number for them to call me, and they never did get back to me with help.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Cyklone, The only accent you'll hear with us is Australian as the only place you'll talk to us is in Hobart. And yeah, we've been in the industry a long time so we have a lot of experience and w... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Flawless customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Under promised and over delivered. HFC NBN connection, easy access to advice at every stage of the process. 50/20 plan, I’m getting about 48/19MBps. Couldn’t be happier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Adam G, Because NBN Co do the actual installation and we have no control over them we always make sure our customers are fully aware of how it works. We'd rather make sure there are no surprise... read more »

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

I chose to sign up with Mint Telecom due to Product Review (.com.au)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I chose to sign up with Mint Telecom due to Product Review (.com.au). Well worth it, including paying a bit more (previous TPG $59.99 --> $69.99)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi MichMelb, Glad to hear it's been worth it and you appreciate the difference. We can't compete on price with those that operate from overseas, but we think the service out of Hobart really makes... read more »

Maryborough

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Unbelievably Great Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Went to Mint because they had such terrific reviews. Pricing was pretty damned good and it is Aussie based. Tried to get NBN here but the wireless signal was so bad I opted to change ISP anyway to ADSL Mint. Happy chappy now. Their attention to detail and lightning speed customer service blows me away! Never had anything as good before and I am stoked. I was having a problem getting the ADSL up and running and they rang me to find out why I wasn't up on air yet! The problem was 100% self inflicted- my fault. Kelvin and all the other team members from the CEO down provide the fastest, best quality customer service I have ever encountered! I have already started giving my friends the heads up on this exceptional company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ric F, We are definitely focused on delivering the best possible service we can, its a big part of why we operate out of Hobart. Glad to hear its all working well and yes, we do monitor services... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Thought it was too good to be true...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Rolled this dice on this one. Hated the mainstream ISPs for their poor customer service, slow internet (despite the promises) and incredibly long set-up time. Moved to Edmondson Park where NBN is available. Took Optus 3-4 weeks to connect my sister in nearby Leppington. Not wanting the same experience went with these guys. They sorted out my internet within 2 days - could have been even quicker but my developer hadn't registered the the property to the NBN register. These guys offered to do it for me. Just need my occupier certificate. There customer service is ridiculously good. Bought there modem/router which arrived th next day. Kept me update with everything though text and emails. When they didn't see me online they even emailed me to ask if there was any trouble (I hadn't set it up yet). Set up is a breeze. Speeds were crazy good. Got very close to 100/40. Wifi was about 90/30, which is pretty good for WIFI!!

Highly recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Eli, When the systems work as designed it should be a pretty quick and pain free process to get set up with NBN. We work very hard to make sure that is the case and whilst we can't control the ... read more »

Apologies for the spelling and grammatical errors. I wrote the review while on the train, but was very keen to leave a recommendation to let others know how great your service is. I have already in... read more »

Mint Telecom Official

All good Eli and no chance of the standards falling as we are very focused on what we do.
Cheers Michael

HOWRAH

Very easy to deal with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I wasn't sure to get a connection from a smaller internet provider. I got recommended Mint from a friend and took his advice. I phoned them on a monday the connection was live before i finished work and the modem on its way. Modem arrived the very next day, plugged it in and it was done no hassle calling up to activate ect.
The connection is faster than my previous provider. So far so good. :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Locko, One of the benefits of the NBN is the increased competition that it brings by allowing new competitors to enter the market. Everyone is a reseller of the NBN Network so the benefit of dea... read more »

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

MINT gets me connected to NBN within the same day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

Signed up with MyRepublic NBN back in Sep 22nd, couldn't get me connected after 5 weeks! MyRepublic always blames the issue is with NBNco, and vouch no other service provider could get me connected either. Finally I decide to leave MyRepublic and signup with MINT, and my NBN service was activated within 3 hours!

The sales consultant at MINT (Kelvin) is really helpful. He identifies the issue why MyRepublic cannot get me connected within 10 mins after checking my address. Turns out I have two NTD ports registered at my address, which is very unusual. So he guides me through how to chase up NBNco and my previous service provider to figure out which one was the last working port. All of these are before I signed up with MINT.

The activation process with MINT is fast, stress-free and informative. Got 2 SMS and 3 emails within 3 hours to keep me updated about how it progressed. (On the contrast, MyRepublic had only sent me one welcome email when i signed up, and no updates whatsoever for the rest 5 weeks. I have to chase them up every other couple of days trying to find out if there is any updates)

Even after the service activated, the superb customer service from MINT does not stop there. Kelvin was following up to check if connection is working fine. I raise the concern that the download speed is a bit slow, around 50Mbps for a 100/40 plan. From my previous experience, in this situation, most service providers would give a standard answer like "the speed would largely depend your infrastructure", a.k.a "there is nothing we can do about it". Instead, Kelvin thinks the speed doesn't look right, and request a port reset from NBN straightaway. The port was reset the next day, and I'm delight to see speed increase to above 70Mbps.

Normally i don't bother to write positive feedback online. However, I'm grateful for the good customer service, fast issue resolving, and deliver on promise from MINT. In my opinion, it is totally worth the price and a 5 star rating. I'm more than happy to recommend MINT to my friends and colleagues.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Dao, Really pleased to hear of your experience. NBN is certainly one of those products where you do get what you pay for and whilst we are more expensive than MyRepublic we hope the reasons why ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

First class service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Having read the reviews of the major telcos, mostly 1.5 stars I felt a bit sceptical about a company graded at 4/5 stars. Their pricing was not the cheapest but better than most. Their arrangements for connection of NBN and porting of present phone was all top notch.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Adrian, Whilst our pricing is certainly competitive we don't compete with the low cost providers that typically operate from overseas. NBN is also one of those products where you get what you p... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Very happy with the service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I found mint telecom on this site based on reviews, while I was with Dodo (horrible experience btw). From the start Mint had a fantastic service, very quick and easy, they answered all my questions, which allowed me to see if they suited my needs. And they did. Great prices, service at the start and throughout. I've been with Mint for over six months now. They go the extra mile - I get notified if there are any issues on my line, even before it affects me, to see if they could help, I had some questions outside of the scope of their work, they sent me some helpful info, there's never any "surprises" in the bills (I've used providers, who'd sneak in an unauthorized mystery charge here and there in the direct-debited accounts).
In Summary: very happy, highly recommend.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ally, We do a few things a little differently than others with regard to trying, where possible, to be proactive when we notice things aren't working as either of us would like. After all we're... read more »

• 9 answers
  • 37 helpful votes

Well Delighted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Switched from Telstra to Mint a few weeks ago. The service change over was as smooth as you could ask and got a msg the minute the switch was made.
Everytime, as a new user, you need to call them, they are there with great humour. Oh we are an overseas call centre (Tasmania)
Just tickled pink to pay for a great little Aussie company with a great attitude and service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ging,
Glad to hear the changeover went smoothly and that you appreciate our "overseas" operation in Hobart! We certainly think it makes a difference.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback, it's much appreciated.

4 of 11 pages